PDA

View Full Version : Robert Radwanski: "We are strong with others' weaknesses. I want all Williams final"

Caipirinha Guy
May 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
"We are not Pinocchios"

You know, when we with Agnieszka argue on the court, everybody writes about it. TV shows it. Don't you remember the situation when Aga and Ula lost doubles in US Open last year? We are not wooden Pinocchios to play our parts for media. We solve some issues with emotions - that's it. I ask all critics who write some silly stuff in internet to bring up their own children.

Of course, image is important and we have to know that such stuff will be widely commented. It was my fault - if I hadn't reacted so during the match, there would never be such mess. On the other hand, there are things which coach has to do to wake up the player who doesn't play well. This is the coach's part but sometimes you can overreact. I wanted to raise Agnieszka's level of adrenaline when she was lazily looking at her shoes but I failed.

Maybe it's a bit a teenage angst. Agnieszka is already 21 and it happens that she has suppers without daddy. But it doesn't mean we must change something in our team. We know the tennis world and we can count on the fingers of one hand people who could replace me. They are taken and rather won't help. However, don't you know how radical steps finished for Vaidisova, Hantuchova or Krajicek? Such steps are not always good.

During the match against Shvedova, there was rain, soft court and heavy balls - and Agnieszka plays best as a counter-puncher. Then she had to hit hard herself and she failed so she got furious. Last weeks the pressure appeared and she's slumping a bit but it's not a hard slamp. If you think Aga's in a deep crisis, look at Safina, Ivanović, Kuznetsova or many other players.

You don't fire a coach who helps a player to stay in TOP10 for three years. The one who would do it, would be an idiot. You change your coach when you are number 1 and fall to 70th rank or outside TOP100. It happens that sometimes it's not as you want but Agnieszka's results are pretty constant. Last four tournaments were a bit weaker but half of season waits for her, also grass - her favourite surface.

I can't say who will win Roland Garros. Maybe Henin, Stosur of Wozniacki? I don't know. We want all Williams final as nobody would surpass Aga in rankings then. Safina and Kuznetsova will fall and Agnieszka could even advance in ranking. We are strong with others' weaknesses.

Optima
May 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Ok...I can't read or understand any of that.

Caipirinha Guy
May 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Lol sorry, I translated it and pasted in Polish :haha: I must translate it again.

Noctis
May 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Ok Radwanski English please or Chinese.

tennnisfannn
May 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM
is he saying they are not liars?

Caipirinha Guy
May 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Made it! :D Fast :lol:

LoLex
May 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Made it! :D Fast :lol:

What's the source? Want to read it.

Caipirinha Guy
May 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,96961,7951771,Roland_Garros__Radwanski__Nie_jest esmy_Pinokiami.html

LoLex
May 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,96961,7951771,Roland_Garros__Radwanski__Nie_jest esmy_Pinokiami.html

Thank u ;)

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I think he should stop reading Tennis Forum. :D

Okay, he says all families have struggles, but they are strong otherwise. His attempts to get her motivated made her angry and things went to hell. Also, the conditions were not good for her game, but an all-Williams final will help her maintain her ranking. ;) Hee hee. Being pragmatic there. I guess Aga is not going to get a new coach (sad), since daddy is all about working it out--oh those rebellious teenagers (except not).

This was amusing.

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
something's wrong with the Radwanska family, personally, I blame the drinking

TennisFan66
May 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM
@ Angelescu: Thank you!

hdfb
May 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I guess it's reasonable to use Krajicek and Vaidisova as examples, but Hantuchova is in 4th Round, one round better than your best daughter!

Noctis
May 29th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Deep inside every dad is like him
no one can blame him most dad turn in freakshows. Only few is pure hearted

Corswandt
May 30th, 2010, 12:51 AM
We are strong with others' weaknesses.

He just summed up his daughter's career. Credits for honesty I guess.

friendsita
May 30th, 2010, 01:28 AM
"I want all Williams final" me too