PDA

View Full Version : WWW - RG R4: (4)Jelena JANKOVIC vs (23)Daniela HANTUCHOVA

Steff_forever
May 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM
let's face it: JJ is the fav and wants the revenge from Belgrade...

go Dani !
(sorry JJ)

InsideOut.
May 29th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I hope Dani destroys her.

JackFrost
May 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
After the performance from today and given the fact, that Daniela has beaten Jelena on clay in the last two meetings, I would say, Hantuchova is favorite.

MagicMilan
May 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I hope Dani destroys her.
Hope is a good thing :)
On topic, Jelena from tonight isn't beating Dani. I still say JJ in 3

Acinolbaj
May 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Dani still without losing a set. JJ is playing some horrible matches while Daniela is playing solid tennis.

Daniela will win in 3 sets. C´mon Danka! :devil:

Julian.
May 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Dani won all their meetings in 2010 (all on clay).

Miss Amor
May 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
This is a Grandslam, so JJ will win.

Steff_forever
May 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Hope is a good thing :)
On topic, Jelena from tonight isn't beating Dani. I still say JJ in 3
me, too

Daniela will show nerves again

Hashim.
May 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Dani will drive JJ crazy with her drop shots:lol:

To be honest i think it could go either way..:shrug:
JJ hasn't been playing well and Dani can certainly beat her..

Hoping JJ wins though:)

Jedna je Jelena
May 29th, 2010, 08:43 PM
lets be realistic..
Jelena will win !

ED fan forever
May 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Well Daniela is playing better but this is a GS so Jelena has a mental edge.
Really hope Daniela wins though, I'd like to see her doing well again:)

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I know Dani beat JJ twice already on clay, but puhlease whenever Hantuchova fans expect Daniela to win something, she's most likely to dissappoint and choke, esp against highly ranked opponents = #1 rule in DH's career

and also this is a GS and JJ is gonna bring it while Daniela said she's injured.

In conclusion, Danka has no chance and will lose 2-6 3-6 to JJ, bet your house on it!

Brena
May 29th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Jelena in 2 tough ones. Only God knows how because he's the only jurdge.

Eduardo Oliveira
May 29th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Dani!!

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
After the performance from today and given the fact, that Daniela has beaten Jelena on clay in the last two meetings, I would say, Hantuchova is favorite.

Nail in the coffin! Whenever Danka's the favorite, she becomes the favorite to lose = #1 rule in DH's career

klever58
May 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Dani will beat her as in FC... two tiebreaks or 7-5.. u bet :angel:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Come on Dani, send that horse back to stable :bounce:

Andrewraven
May 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I really like both players but dani all the way, dani in three sets

Chakvenus
May 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
lets go Dani!!
if her ground game is on, she really can take it.

leebeasy
May 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Go Dani!
Complete your record of reaching a QF or better at all 4 grandslams.

danieln1
May 29th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Daniela can lose to anyone on any day, but she is more talented than Jankovic, and if she plays well, she can beat her easily...

It all depends on Daniela really... if she plays well she´s win, if she brainfarts, she´s out...

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Jelena for the revenge factor.

MH0861
May 29th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Finally Dani avoids a WS in these R3/R4 matches she has :lol:

dsanders06
May 29th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Both have been allergic to Slam QFs lately. Edge to Jankovic.

hankqq
May 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
as well as Hantuchova has been playing lately, it's hard to imagine her beating Jankovic 3 straight times on clay! :lol: I think JJ will win in either 2 tough sets or maybe 3 :shrug:

doni1212
May 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Come on Dani, send that horse back to stable :bounce:

:worship:

Tennisation
May 29th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Dani have been quietly moving thru the draw in straight sets fashion, I think she will take out JJ. Go Dani!!!

Fantasy Hero
May 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM
go Dani :yeah:

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 10:47 PM
tough, but since it's a slam--advantage to JJ.

Josh.
May 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Argh, I love both but Daniela more so. GOAT JJ will probably turn up. :lol:

VIKA?
May 29th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I think Jelena will take this in three.

ivanban
May 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Daniela can lose to anyone on any day, but she is more talented than Jankovic, and if she plays well, she can beat her easily...

It all depends on Daniela really... if she plays well she´s win, if she brainfarts, she´s out...

:lol:

Speaking of which, there's no freaking way Janka is gonna lose 3 times in a row in the same year on clay to Danka :weirdo:

lestat111
May 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM

:weirdo:

venutite aigu
May 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Jaja in 3 ugly sets

Danči Dementia
May 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM
YAY DANI!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

come on girl beat Jelena!!! :bounce: :drool:

Danči Dementia
May 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
oh Dani IS more talented than Jankovic, definitely :shrug:

lestat111
May 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM
anyway, jelena wont repeat play like today, so she will beat "more talented ( :help: )" daniela in 2 ugly sets

ce
May 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM
:lol: at Daniela being more talented than JJ :spit:
anyway JJ in 3

keithb1961
May 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM
lets be realistic..
Jelena will win !

completely agree.......

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Daniela :bounce:

ivanban
May 30th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Dunno what's this fuss all about. It was never said for what is Daniela more talented :shrug:

Filipinos
May 30th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Dunno what's this fuss all about. It was never said for what is Daniela more talented :shrug:

Yeah, well said... But certainly is not more talented for complaining, criticizing the other players and gaining new haters... Because in that there's no doubt that Jelena wins clearly...

kaktusino
May 30th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Come on Hantuchova, beat the bitch again!

hurricanejeanne
May 30th, 2010, 01:11 AM
If this wasn't on clay, I'd give Dani more of a chance, but Jelena will win in straight sets.

RecklessAbandon
May 30th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I am a fan of Hantuchova and her game, as I have been for years. Yes she is very talented (probably more so than her results would indicate), but more talented than Jankovic? Not so sure about that one...

Perhaps they're equally talented, only Jankovic has done more to back it up as far as results. But I would say that Jankovic does everything just a little bit better than Hantuchova.

This RG match-up however, is a toss up. JJ in 2 is my prediction.

terceira
May 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Jelena in 2 :woohoo:

Bruno71
May 30th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah, well said... But certainly is not more talented for complaining, criticizing the other players and gaining new haters... Because in that there's no doubt that Jelena wins clearly...

It's tough out there...she's got Rezai to contend with :shrug:

GAGAlady
May 30th, 2010, 01:36 AM
I love both girls but my head says Jelena is the tougher of the two, But Daniela is a true talent/

Jelena in 3

Daniela-Is-Mine
May 30th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Talent doesn't equal results.
I think daniela is more talented. Just JJ is a far better athlete. And has capitalized better

Illusionist
May 30th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I hope JJ, but it's gonna be tough one, that's for sure.

roelc
May 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
dani is booking some decent results since miami
2 wins over JJ already on gravel

given that, jankovic still is favorite to win this. but she ll have to play as in madrid to pull this one off. i really really hope daniela kicks some serbian ass again, podme! (and then she can choke her qf against whatshernamesova)

Just Do It
May 30th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Jelena in 3.

Jajaloo
May 30th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Whoever wins, it will be close.

DimaDinosaur
May 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Jelena Jankovic for the win!!!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Daniela in 3 :bounce:

Steff_forever
May 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
this poll is just too close to forget about it, pls vote people...

Michael!
May 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Now that Venus is out, I dream of a Hantuchova/Dementieva final :drool:
Well, to be realistic, Daniela has chances to reach the SF here, but she really needs a great day to beat JJ, her previous wins should give her confidence so :)

$uricate
May 30th, 2010, 04:01 PM
But I would say that Jankovic does everything just a little bit better than Hantuchova.

What! Even serve? Not likely :o

But she does do a lot of things better I'll admit.

toxina90
May 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Nightmare! I HATE it when my 2 favourites face off in Grand Slams.

Sorry Dani, but I couldn't stand you beating JJ again on clay, JJ in 2 please :hearts:

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hantuchova is better at net and has a better first serve. The flatter forehand she possesses is more visually appealing to my eye, but it breaks down more often.

Jankovic does everything else better and usually with more conviction. I think they're both very talented women with different strengths. I think Hantuchova is more talented than Dementieva, but Dementieva is just the better player. Talent doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I do love Daniela though, and I'm rooting for her, but I just don't see her beating Jankovic on such a stage. I hope she proves me wrong.

Steff_forever
May 30th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hantuchova is better at net and has a better first serve. The flatter forehand she possesses is more visually appealing to my eye, but it breaks down more often.

Jankovic does everything else better and usually with more conviction. I think they're both very talented women with different strengths. I think Hantuchova is more talented than Dementieva, but Dementieva is just the better player. Talent doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I do love Daniela though, and I'm rooting for her, but I just don't see her beating Jankovic on such a stage. I hope she proves me wrong.

Exactly all my thoughts and words summarized in 3 passages.
Ludwig, you know me. And if Dani loses I hope it's Lena who revenges her loss against JJ in the final ;)

дalex
May 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM
What! Even serve? Not likely :o

But she does do a lot of things better I'll admit.

If you look at the stats Jelena hits her serves faster. The first serves seems similar in pace (but even here Jelena's stats are better) and Jelena has a clear advantage on second serve. As for accuracy of their respective serves, well they've both hit the same amount of aces, so yeah I'd say Jelena's serve is a tiny bit better than Daniela's.

I know people like to bitch about Jelena's serve but it was never as bad as some made it seem. Now that she's improved it, it's quite a good shot actually. The reason why Jelena often struggles on her serve is not the quality of the serve itself, but a very unreliable forehand.

As for the poll I'm not going to vote as I have no idea who will win. I expect Jelena to win, but I just never know with her so...

NyCPsU
May 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
This poll could not be closer. :eek:

duhcity
May 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
If someone tells Dani that she's beaten JJ twice on clay this year..she'll lose.

mapaliey
May 30th, 2010, 06:34 PM
76,67,11-11,,,(suspended cause no light)

ivanban
May 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM
JJ again last match on program :rolleyes:

Slutati
May 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, but there is no way Jelena's serve is better than Daniela's. :lol:
Hoping for a good match with Dani winning. :cheer:

Hian
May 30th, 2010, 07:30 PM
They are both excellent players, and I like them a lot.
But, If I have to choose, I'll say Daniela :)

Maharhar
May 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Such a close survey!

Voted for JJ but my heart really wants Dani to win. But Dani, as much as I love her, has the bad habit of choking. She's too smart for her own good outside of tennis---she overthinks way, waaaay too much. I have a feeling she gets overwhelmed by all the thoughts that enter her head when confronted with the implications of a great win or a mistake that could cost her her the match.

How I see Dani's mind in such situations:

("I could complete all GS Qtrfinals! Whoever wins this match is favored to reach the semis! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG WHAT A BIG OPPORTUNITY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!")

(Makes stupid error.)

("Why did I do that?! Why I'm blowing this? People will call you an underachiever again! Crap, crap crap crap...okay, calm down...I can't believe it...I blew a chance...Jelena will capitalize...I need to defend...okay okay okay....uhhh....crap...shit...I should've won that point...")

(Ball sails past her.)

(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYY IS THIS HAPPENING?!")

My nightmare scenario would be a JJ to play off while Dani spaces out.

Daniela-Is-Mine
May 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry, but there is no way Jelena's serve is better than Daniela's. :lol:
Hoping for a good match with Dani winning. :cheer:

Some people saying Dani has a worse second serve than Jelena...
Dani's second is so wondeerful when she plays well. placed beautifully. Not super fast but more effective than Jelena's second.

And this poll is scary close:tape:

Richie's
May 30th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Daniela beat JJ twice this year, will beat her one more time!
The question is: Is this the time for a RG QF for Daniela?

Beny
May 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I dont think Jankovic has played that bad so far. Kanepi was on a winning streak, has beaten Henin recently, faced Jankovic early but still no upset there.

Unfo, I have a feeling this is gonna be like back in 08 (or 07) when Daniela beat Medina at some pre-RG tournament but then at RG Daniela lost in three.

I saw Daniela play Wickmayer and Yanina was hopeless, there was always an error from her Daniela could rely on. Daniela has had an easy draw, I hope she improves and beats Jankowitch.

But if i should risk money I would bet on the Serb :(

bengt
May 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I'm hoping Dani can show the confidence from AO 2008...well except for the Ivanovic-match.
I admit Jelena plays good tennis on clay, but given the matches I saw Dani play at RG...It's Dani in 2 for me

Yorker
May 30th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I like both but I feel like when you think Jelena has her path to the semi's or whatever, she somehow loses. I think this is the match personally. I'll be happy with either player winning, I just have that feeling that JJ is going to throw in a bad performance.

alfonsojose
May 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Nail in the coffin! Whenever Danka's the favorite, she becomes the favorite to lose = #1 rule in DH's career

Thi is no IW so ... JJ :shrug:

mb011
May 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I think one thing is for sure: the match will be as close as this poll is :)

ClijstersGOAT
May 30th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I hope Dani wins, so that Elena can be No 4 seed for Wimbledon. :bounce:

lestat111
May 31st, 2010, 01:32 AM
jaja , like 62, 67, 75 :drool:

fantic
May 31st, 2010, 01:33 AM
Such a close survey!

Voted for JJ but my heart really wants Dani to win. But Dani, as much as I love her, has the bad habit of choking. She's too smart for her own good outside of tennis---she overthinks way, waaaay too much. I have a feeling she gets overwhelmed by all the thoughts that enter her head when confronted with the implications of a great win or a mistake that could cost her her the match.

How I see Dani's mind in such situations:

("I could complete all GS Qtrfinals! Whoever wins this match is favored to reach the semis! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG WHAT A BIG OPPORTUNITY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!")

(Makes stupid error.)

("Why did I do that?! Why I'm blowing this? People will call you an underachiever again! Crap, crap crap crap...okay, calm down...I can't believe it...I blew a chance...Jelena will capitalize...I need to defend...okay okay okay....uhhh....crap...shit...I should've won that point...")

(Ball sails past her.)

(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYY IS THIS HAPPENING?!")

My nightmare scenario would be a JJ to play off while Dani spaces out.

:haha:

Lord Choc Ice
May 31st, 2010, 01:41 AM
Hopefully Dani! In 3.

monmonito
May 31st, 2010, 02:31 AM

nail yourself in the cross..

well they were my favorites...this is going to be a tough match..i think LL will do everything to win this match...if Dani will take away her nerves then it's going to hard for JJ...

do your best Dani!!!

ivanban
May 31st, 2010, 01:43 PM
As far as I remember the movie, Sigourney Weaver survived, but only barely. :p

No, she died in 3rd part. Since this is their 3rd meeting this year.....:angel:

rockstar
May 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM

:lol:
i love both girls, but i'm gonna have to side with daniela on this one

Calypso
May 31st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Jankovic def Hantuchova 6-3,5-7,6-4

Joe.
May 31st, 2010, 02:45 PM
If Dani wins I will be so chuffed for her! :D

Juanes
May 31st, 2010, 02:54 PM
come on Daniela.... we hope it will be QF !!! :D

Beat
May 31st, 2010, 03:07 PM
hantuchova definitely has a shot. but then again she's grand slam fourth round incarnate. :shrug:

$uricate
May 31st, 2010, 05:34 PM

Yeah but then she came back to life for the fourth one :D

Lets hope they meet at Wimbledon :p

ivanban
May 31st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah but then she came back to life for the fourth one :D

Lets hope they meet at Wimbledon :p

Yeah, but in 4th part she was crazy and not herself. Same like today :lol:

homogenius
May 31st, 2010, 07:03 PM