PDA

View Full Version : Marion Bartoli disses Anna Chakvetadze

Kworb
May 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Was that really necessary Marion :sad:

Q. What do you think of the way Shahar Peer's play is evolving? Is she more aggressive physically?
MARION BARTOLI: I think she always has played really well on clay for several years. She had an off year I think starting in 2008. Before that she had already done twice round of 16 here. She beat Dementieva. She played against Hingis very well.
She's always played well on clay. Her main strength was that she came back, whereas she had had an off year, and very few people can climb back to the right level. Chakvetadze, same, when she started going down could not come up again. So she's very strong, because she went below top 15 and came back up again.

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 29th, 2010, 05:26 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/34erpc9.gif

A certain Marion hater/chaky lover is going to have a field day with this.

Slampova
May 29th, 2010, 05:27 PM
As much as I love Anna it's true though :shrug:

Elwin.
May 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Well she's right :shrug:
Lots of players can't comeback to their old level after having an off year. *misa :rolls:

Sergius
May 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
She didn't say anything that is not true. It's sad but true:sad:

V's a star
May 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Its not a diss wen its true lol! im miss my Anna though :sad:

BlackPanther.
May 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
:lol: Bartoli's body is composed of bones, fat and evil :devil:

NyCPsU
May 29th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I came in here ready to tear her to bits but its really no big deal. She probably shouldnt have called her out like that but it is true. :sad:

Ellery
It's true though :tears:

Dave.
Sammy, stay out of this thread. :help:

Chakvenus
May 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
ummmmm well it may be perceived as unkind to randomly bring Anna in like that, unfortunately it is the truth. Anna struggled with the invasion and probably also with the rapid success she achieved in a single season. She put too much pressure on herself and her results have suffered. i honestly don't see the problem here.

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
So unrelated, but Marion is such a studious girl. She knows probably more about results and other players' matches than they could remember themselves and she attends a lot of them when she isn't playing.

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
So unrelated, but Marion is such a studious girl. She knows probably more about results and other players' matches than they could remember themselves and she attends a lot of them when she isn't playing.

he dad always carrying around papers and papers of facts and figures, he probably makes her learn the ranking list by heart every week.

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
he dad always carrying around papers and papers of facts and figures, he probably makes her learn the ranking list by heart every week.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM

That makes sense. In anytime she is interview she always knows the entire career of people, and who they played and where it was, and what year it was. Never seen her be wrong either.

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:rolleyes:

Ferg
May 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Oh dear Kworb, that Kimiko thread didnt amount to much so you're trying to make trouble with this one! :haha:

She didnt diss her, she just stated a fact.

WhoAmI?
May 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
That makes sense. In anytime she is interview she always knows the entire career of people, and who they played and where it was, and what year it was. Never seen her be wrong either.

Maybe she's into stats, so it's easy for her to remember. There are people like that.

Jem
May 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Frankly, to say that Bartoli dissed (which to me means criticized or made fun of) Anna Chakvetadze with that quote is either dishonesty or failure to understand the word.

Joee
May 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
True Marion :)

Direwolf
May 29th, 2010, 06:20 PM
She cared enought about Anna to mention in one of her inspiring quotes

M.P
May 29th, 2010, 06:26 PM
hope anna can comeback

Juju Nostalgique
May 29th, 2010, 06:30 PM
:rolleyes:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
*parp*

Edinboro
May 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Its amazing that she can recall such events. How many people on the tour can remember Shahar beating Dementieva?

Joee
May 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Its amazing that she can recall such events. How many people on the tour can remember Shahar beating Dementieva?

LOL
Marions a smart little cookie :D

Sammo
May 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Anna was bornt in 1987, Bartoli in 1984. Chakvetadze can still come back

DeliriousPotato
May 29th, 2010, 07:16 PM
In the post-Vaidisova era, I don't believe in Anna's comeback.
:headbang:

Ciarán
May 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Marion, you just got comfortably beaten by an extremely average player. You have no room to talk :lol:

Noctis
May 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Shahar leads H2H 7-2 just remind me
Need to update Punchbag Thread.

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
That's not a diss....

matty
May 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM
This doesn't seem like a dis--maybe she feels bad for Anna--we have no idea what she thinking....

Derek.
May 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Kworb must be bored. :o
Trying to stir up drama. :lol:

sCoTt.ChE.
May 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Another quote taken out of context :o As much as i like Chakky she has done little to prove otherwise that she's getting back to the top or even top 50 at the moment.
This is not a dig this is using a relevant example to administer her view on Peer's comeback :rolleyes:

Ferg
May 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Marion, you just got comfortably beaten by an extremely average player. You have no room to talk :lol:

Comfortably? She had SP in the first set and a ball that was out cost her the set. And Peer is a really good player, like Marion said, she did what Chakvetadze cant seem to do. Surely people arent really taking this as Marion insulting her?!?

darkchild
May 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Everyone has a chance, even Chakvetadze.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2010, 08:00 PM
She didn't diss anybody... She simply used Chakvetadze as an example of somebody who got into a slump and hasn't gotten out of it. :shrug: She said nothing wrong. This is such a ridiculous thread.

The Dawntreader
May 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
This thread is a Tsunami is a tea-cup.

Zébulon
May 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
She didn't diss anybody... She simply used Chakvetadze as an example of somebody who got into a slump and hasn't gotten out of it. :shrug: She said nothing wrong. This is such a ridiculous thread.
:worship:

Ciarán
May 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Comfortably? She had SP in the first set and a ball that was out cost her the set. And Peer is a really good player, like Marion said, she did what Chakvetadze cant seem to do. Surely people arent really taking this as Marion insulting her?!?

Yes, straight sets 6-7 & 2-6 sounds pretty comfortable to me.

Jeez, I didn't say she dissed anyone :lol: I just meant she has no room to talk about anybody loosing to players they should theoretically be beating.

Beat
May 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
what she said is no diss at all.

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
How is that dissing Chakvetadze? Basically, she's analyzing the situation rather well.

Vespertine69
May 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I love Anna, but this is a silly thread as many others have pointed out. I'm no fan of all Marion's gamesmanship (which surely her fans must even acknowledge) (although I do like her game) but she's bang on the money in using Anna as an example here. What she says isn't randomly mean, it's just truthful. Sad, but truthful.

I think maybe there is an arguement for using her as an example being a shade unfair just because Anna's problems and confidence have been so heavily underwritten by the robbery and that definitely wasn't a normal career event, but it's not Bartoli's job to be the oracle of compassion and her point is fair.

Anyway... this simply isn't a "diss" and it'd be better for Chakvetadze fans to forget this and instead focus on the hope that Anna can sort her head out enough to mount a serious rise back up the rankings. It's clear even from her loss to Kerber that she still has the tools and the shots, she just needs to get the brain and the confidence back.

the cat
May 29th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Q. What do you think of the way Shahar Peer's play is evolving? Is she more aggressive physically?
MARION BARTOLI: I think she always has played really well on clay for several years. She had an off year I think starting in 2008. Before that she had already done twice round of 16 here. She beat Dementieva. She played against Hingis very well.
She's always played well on clay. Her main strength was that she came back, whereas she had had an off year, and very few people can climb back to the right level. Chakvetadze, same, when she started going down could not come up again. So she's very strong, because she went below top 15 and came back up again.
I don't think Marion Bartoli meant anything hurtful towards Anna Chakvetadze with her comments. There is no way Anna's game would have fallen apart like it did if she, her parents and little brother weren't robbed with their lives threatened in their home in late 2008. That obviously scarred Anna deeply and I believe it hurt her zest and hunger for tennis and it showed immediately in her poor play in early 2009. We must also remember that when Anna was tied up by one of the robbers one of her wrists was injured and that's bad for a tennis player.

It's good that Sharar Peer is playing well these day. But when she reaches the top 5 ranking heights of Chakvetadze let me know.

Monderoy
May 29th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Nothing wrong with her comments in my opinion. She said it straight and its true.
No malice there.

Midnight_Robber
May 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
She cared enought about Anna to mention in one of her inspiring quotes

Hee!

But seriously, you'd need a magnifying glass to find the supposed 'diss' here, especially in light of the really bitchiness that RG's been bringing out. And I actually like the fact that Bartoli pays attention to the tour, remembers matches and takes note of other player's form. Anna C. is in a slump right now - and I bet even she'd admit it. There's nothing snide, ridiculing, gloating or petty in what Marion said. Marion is just being analytical and drawing an unfortunately salient example. It is what it is.

Fantasy Hero
May 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM
this was unnecessary but totally true :sobbing:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2010, 09:50 PM
How is that a diss? Should she have instead said "we're waiting for Anna to finally get her game together. I have faith she'll be #1 one day"?

tennisforadults
May 29th, 2010, 11:51 PM

It was not a diss. Just stating a fact. Stop misinterpreting quotes - you should work for the gossip magazines! :help:

Roookie
May 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM

:lol:

its not a diss...but why the name-droppping Marion :rolleyes:

Daniel K
May 30th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Mariom is definitely a student of the game. She's always out watching other matches and knows a lot about other players.