PDA

View Full Version : Radwanska could be world number 6 after RG?!!!11

$uricate
May 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I see from TBEs rankings that Radwanska could move up to number 6 in the world after Roland Garros, even though she lost 2nd round and was defending 4th round points.

Im not trying to hate, but how is this possible?

The top players are so AWOL right now that a whole bunch of consistent and boring results is all you seem to need these days.

I wish there was a vomit smilie :sobbing:

Caipirinha Guy
May 29th, 2010, 01:02 PM
She won't be if:
Stosur/Pennetta reaches SF
Schiavone/Peer/Sharapova/Petrova reaches the final
Henin wins the tournament

Noctis
May 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Lets go Aga . the wta is a mess already wouldnt mind anything anymore
Wozniacki winning a slam,Scheepers in a QF,Jelena having periods.
nothing is a suprise anymore.

fouc
May 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
:weirdo: It's been known for a week now. And she will be 6 if they decided to finish RG just now... so lots of people have a chance to pass her.

young_gunner913
May 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM
So it's up to Flavia to save the tour. Get it done Flav.

Ballbasher
May 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
So Shahar Peer and Francesca Schiavone have the chance to be #6 after RG? :spit: That seems quite a jump, having never even been Top10 before. But they deserve it, the way they are playing, Shahar even more, I guess.

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Whatever, she's still an ugly unknown.

olivero
May 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM
So it's up to Flavia to save the tour. Get it done Flav.

so you're saying Flavia deserves to be ranked #6 more than Agnieszka? :spit:

Noctis
May 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
^ yeah. whats wrong with that.

PushWoz
May 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'd rather prefer Schiavone in the top 10 then Pennetta....
Caroline show her what your made of :fiery:

madmax
May 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
who cares about rankings in WTA? Everyone knows they are meaningless and don't reflect the true picture, yet still continue to moan about it...:yawn:

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Aga :inlove: :drool:

Hian
May 29th, 2010, 01:34 PM

You're saying Agnieszka deserves to be ranked #6 more than Flavia? :spit:
I hope you're joking :angel:

Vartan
May 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Yes she does.

fouc
May 29th, 2010, 01:39 PM
^^
of course Aga deserves it more than Flavia. It's hard to argue about it. But it's only for NOW. If Pennetta makes it to SF or F, then she will have every right to surpass Aga.

Hian
May 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
^^
of course Aga deserves it more than Flavia. It's hard to argue about it. But it's only for NOW. If Pennetta makes it to SF or F, then she will have every right to surpass Aga.

I think Flavia is better than Radwanska, but maybe you're right :p

joćo.
May 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Sarcasm? :lol:

Caralenko
May 29th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Oh goodness :speakles: :spit: I hope Flavia can do herself proud in week 2 then.

JustPetko
May 29th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I think Flavia is better than Radwanska, but maybe you're right :p

I don't know which is better, but of course Flavia is prettier :lol:.

ED fan forever
May 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Lets go Aga . the wta is a mess already wouldnt mind anything anymore
Wozniacki winning a slam,Scheepers in a QF,Jelena having periods.
nothing is a suprise anymore.

Thats not a foregone conclusion.:fiery:

Hian
May 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't know which is better, but of course Flavia is prettier :lol:.

:lol:
Poor "Aga", she's beautiful inside :)

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Good for her. Aga is definitely better than Flavia. I don't see a problem with her at #6 for now

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM
:weirdo: It's been known for a week now. And she will be 6 if they decided to finish RG just now... so lots of people have a chance to pass her.

Henin winning Roland Garros is the only player who can overtake her.

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Henin winning Roland Garros is the only player who can overtake her.

Now I change my opinion that Justine will win today. The pressure of stopping this will weigh on her mind causing a loss.

Okay in all seriousness I'm rolling over Radwanska's results. She is performing well in Premier 5/Premier Mandatory events(off clay). Some of her draws have been quite fortunate though.

Her major record is now R3/R2/QF/R2 and she can be #6. If she just did maybe even 1 round better at these majors I would feel comfortable with it, but whatever. It won't last long anyways with Henin going to knock everyone down a spot and maybe Clijsters too.

fouc
May 29th, 2010, 03:29 PM
^^
Stosur, Pennetta, Schiavone, Peer, Sharapova, Petrova and Henin still can get higher (in theory).
But yes, her ranking will look inadequate judging the clay season nonetheless.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
When you think the WTA can not get any worse ...

LudwigDvorak
May 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM
When you think the WTA can not get any worse ...

After Wimbledon there's a good chance Dementieva will be ranked lower than Radwanska, who may be top five by then. It can get worse.

BlackPanther.
May 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
After Wimbledon there's a good chance Dementieva will be ranked lower than Radwanska, who may be top five by then. It can get worse.

:hearts::lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
^^
Stosur, Pennetta, Schiavone, Peer, Sharapova, Petrova and Henin still can get higher (in theory).

I'm talking about realistic scenarios, not about fairy tales like Maria Garros-2010.

But yes, her ranking will look inadequate judging the clay season nonetheless.

Can't believe I say this but there is nobody with a substantially better resume over the last 52 weeks than Radwanska, except Clijsters but even Kim had a string of shameful losses.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM

It won“t happen . After Toronto , maybe :scared:

Said that , I don“t know where Radwanska won so many SEWTA points

LudwigDvorak
May 29th, 2010, 03:47 PM
It won“t happen . After Toronto , maybe :scared:

Said that , I don“t know where Radwanska won so many SEWTA points

Eastbourne QF, Wimbledon QF, Los Angeles QF, Toronto QF, Linz SF, one win at YEC RR, Beijing F, Tokyo SF, Dubai SF, Miami QF, Indian Wells SF.

Solid.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Eastbourne QF, Wimbledon QF, Los Angeles QF, Toronto QF, Linz SF, one win at YEC RR, Beijing F, Tokyo SF, Dubai SF, Miami QF, Indian Wells SF.

Solid.

Pathetic for a number 6

LudwigDvorak
May 29th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Pathetic for a number 6

It's not like Dementieva's record is any better. The only difference between the two is Dementieva's Wimbledon SF, exactly 800 pts which separates them.

All those QFs and SFs and one F as opposed to Dementieva's three titles, one final, two semifinals, two quarterfinals and tons of early losses everywhere else.

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Dementieva is going to fall when Wimbledon and US Series comes.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM
It's not like Dementieva's record is any better. The only difference between the two is Dementieva's Wimbledon SF, exactly 800 pts which separates them.

All those QFs and SFs and one F as opposed to Dementieva's three titles, one final, two semifinals, two quarterfinals and tons of early losses everywhere else.

Dementieva result“s are way better, head and shoulders over Wanska

olivero
May 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Her major record is now R3/R2/QF/R2 and she can be #6. If she just did maybe even 1 round better at these majors I would feel comfortable with it, but whatever. It won't last long anyways with Henin going to knock everyone down a spot and maybe Clijsters too.

it's funny cause in 2008 with 2xQF and 2xR4 she made it to #9. Now when she's doing badly at majors she can get to career high #6/7. WTA :lol:

JustPetko
May 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Solid.

Flavia's results: Auckland F, Sydney QF, Paris SF, Marbella W, Bastad SF, Palermo W, Los Angeles W, Cincinnati SF, New Haven SF and Linz SF.
Last GS: 2R/1R(2009)/3R/QF.

PushWoz
May 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Flavia's results: Auckland F, Sydney QF, Paris SF, Marbella W, Bastad SF, Palermo W, Los Angeles W, Cincinnati SF, New Haven SF and Linz SF.

Right.... All the Internationals....

adner
May 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Indeed, but taking Internationals out, Flavia is done.

$uricate
May 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah but Lena has 3 titles, 2 premiers and a premier 1. Radwanska has 0 titles of any form over the last year, and shes never even been to a slam semi :o

I'd take Lena's results over Qfanska any day.

homogenius
May 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Seems a bit too high but it's also a question of timing : Safina and Sveta disappeared the past few months and/or were unable to defend their points.It let 2 places already.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Indeed, but taking Internationals out, Flavia is done.

Like the International of Los Angeles :rolleyes:

toxina90
May 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Whatever, she's still an ugly unknown.

:spit:

PushWoz
May 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Like the International of Los Angeles :rolleyes:

Totally! Just one Tortunament.

moby
May 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
So, if Justine beats Nadia in the final, and Nadia beats Flavia in the semis, she'll only be 9? Hope that happens then.

Radwanska will probably rise higher than 6 in the rankings in the future, so be prepared.

Hian
May 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Radwanska sixth? What about Morita tenth? :lol: