PDA

View Full Version : Rezai is NOT ready for the big time she has to improve her serve and attitude

Morrissey
May 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Rezai has a serious attitude problem this girl complaining about all the line calls. Next, Rezai's serve is pure garbage and very predictable. Rezai also needs to add some variety in her game she is just a stupid player. Rezai goes for broke on every single shot. Finally, Rezai looks heavy the girl needs to lose some weight she's not fat but she clearly is not in top physical condition. I am not impressed with Rezai's movement. I think this result just proves these flakes like Rezai and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez are just not ready for the big time. Just because some players have a big moment doesn't mean they are going to become champions or contenders.

cellophane
May 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Go away

goldenlox
May 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Rezai plays a high risk game. But is she is far from a top 5 player. A little like MJMS, who won Rome.
They're okay on the right week, but far from winning majors

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Go away
Rezai is gone away. :bounce:

A-Bond
I just can't understand why Players like Dulgheru, MJMS and Rezai can be contenders for a major title! I mean they won one big tournament, but we all know from JJ and Safina that it takes much more than some big Tournaments win to win a Major!!

cellophane

I'm not a Rezai fan. I'm happy she is gone.

A-Bond

This. French Crowd :wavey:

cellophane
May 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I just can't understand why Players like Dulgheru, MJMS and Rezai can be contenders for a major title! I mean they won one big tournament, but we all know from JJ and Safina that it takes much more than some big Tournaments win to win a Major!!

A) They were never contenders

B) MJMS was INJURED! Don't people (I don't mean :weirdo: Morrissey ) get that?

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I'm not a Rezai fan.
Good for you.

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
This. French Crowd :wavey:
Yes, and the French crowd, too. Double the excitement! :bounce:

Slutiana
Rezai's serve won't ever improve if she continues to serve with that grip. :shrug: It's beginners stuff.

propi
Rezai has a serious attitude problem this girl complaining about all the line calls. Next, Rezai's serve is pure garbage and very predictable. Rezai also needs to add some variety in her game she is just a stupid player. Rezai goes for broke on every single shot. Finally, Rezai looks heavy the girl needs to lose some weight she's not fat but she clearly is not in top physical condition. I am not impressed with Rezai's movement. I think this result just proves these flakes like Rezai and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez are just not ready for the big time. Just because some players have a big moment doesn't mean they are going to become champions or contenders.
Thanks for the revelation, really, I doubt Rezai's serve or attitude have been noticed before!!

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Go away

This.

Kworb
May 29th, 2010, 12:32 PM
She played one good tournament. :shrug: I'm not convinced she'll ever be a top player.

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM
She played one good tournament. :shrug:

Bali? :wavey:

VishaalMaria
May 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
To be honest she just seemed a little...flat out there today! Maybe she was mentally exhausted.

I think with experience (such as this) she'll grow stronger.

tennisforadults
May 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Rezai's serve won't ever improve if she continues to serve with that grip. :shrug: It's beginners stuff.

Yes, listen to the world-class coach.

If she can beat Venus Williams with that grip, I don't see why she should change it. Make no mistake I'm no Rezai fan, but this piece of advice is frankly as smug as her bitching of Bartoli.

Rezai is young - time's on her side. She had her chances against Nadia... just didn't take them. She'll be back.

tennisbum79
May 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
She definitely needs to improve her attitude.

ON the men's side, Djokovic went through this adjustement.

manu32
May 29th, 2010, 01:24 PM
rezai is ahead nadia in rankings,so its a bad result..all that buzz for nothing?

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
she reminds me of Mirza, except she gets more in.

bandabou
May 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
That's higk-risk for you. When it's on, it's brilliant..but sometimes you need to learn WHEN to go for your shots. Can't keep going for the line a whole match like that.

supergrunt
May 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
rezai is a hack

Chance
May 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
she reminds me of Mirza, except she gets more in.

oh I don't think so.. Rezai's game is 10x more lethal than Mirza. I still think Rezai has game and will do more this season, but she will need to work on her fitness and serve.
Not a fan but I do find her interesting, especially considering how much flack she has received from so many people

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Why don't you spend your free hour working out in the yard like the rest of the inmates residents?

keithb1961
May 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I was in the front row at Indian Wells when Rezai played Lena D and all Rezai did was bitch and moan about line calls the whole match. She had a bad attitude through the whole match and Lena dismantled her like she always does :)

Kworb
May 29th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Bali? :wavey:

:haha:

LeonHart
May 29th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Rezai is the epitome of a BALLBASHER. She'll either be great or she'll be a complete trash of a player. She will never crack top 10 nor win a GS.

Serena y Monica
May 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Agree and disagree...I mostly like the attitude, she could loose the constant in ur face fist pumps esp. when others make a mistake. But I love her high risk game. The serve and weight...obvious.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, listen to the world-class coach.

If she can beat Venus Williams with that grip, I don't see why she should change it. Make no mistake I'm no Rezai fan, but this piece of advice is frankly as smug as her bitching of Bartoli.

Rezai is young - time's on her side. She had her chances against Nadia... just didn't take them. She'll be back.
Yes she did indeed beat Venus with that serve and served impressively throughout, but most of the time her serve is one of the weakest parts of her game and it is all down to the grip. It is not me trying to be a world class coach, but rather a simple fact.

http://tennis.about.com/od/basicservingfaq/f/faqbasicserve2.htm

Question: What grip should I use for my first serve?
Answer: A Continental grip is best for most first serves. Beginners might find it more awkward than the Eastern forehand grip, but they usually adjust quickly.

The right grip:
http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/5/M/D/bh-one-continental.jpg

Rezai's grip:
http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/5/f/fh-east-c.jpg

I'm not saying that she won't amount to anything because of her serving in this way. But if she does want to improve her serve then she does need to embrace a more advanced grip that allows for more control and greater wrist snap. As I said before, it's beginners' stuff. ;)

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I was pretty surprised that Rezai hits her serve using a "frying pan" grip. She even hits her overhead the same way. Rezai's first serve is always flat while her second serve is always a slice to the forehand.

mdterp01
May 29th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Rezai is the epitome of a BALLBASHER. She'll either be great or she'll be a complete trash of a player. She will never crack top 10 nor win a GS.

Considering some of the players who have landed in the top 10 these days, it may not be so far fetched for her to crack the top 10

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Her serve is and always will be the weakest part of her game. I don't think a grip change is the answer, I think if she's maintained that grip throughout her life, it's too late now to change that. And I find it hard to believe no coach has ever mentioned to her that her service grip isn't exactly standard. If she still has it like this, there's a reason for it.

Personally I've never seen Rezai as a potential top 10, the consistency factor was never there and her game was too high risk for me to believe she could. I definitely think she could be a top 20 staple though. With random amazing wins and horrid losses throughout the year.

Top 10 might require more consistency that she can handle. Time will tell, I guess. I'd like to see her get there, but I ain't putting money on it.

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Now that Rezai has had a taste of fame, notoriety, whatever, she will do all she can to maintain it. I read and watched her post-match interview. She seems really interested in becoming popular, called it a gift of success. I do believe that she now wants this really bad; so I expect to see more improvements in her game. That said, sometimes I doubt her sportsmanship. After beating all these top players, I am sure she will manage to do it again. Maybe between 7-12 in the rankings.