View Full Version : Henin has the worst draw imaginable

Volcana
May 29th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Seriously. If the faves all win, her draw just to GET to the final is
3r - Sharapova
4r - Stosur
qf - Serena
sf - Jankovic
What planet is that draw from? You can argue that Henin should win all of those individual matches, but in a row!?!?

Hats off if she runs that guantlet.

Mightymirza
May 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM
True but as a 22nd seed she cant expect to get cakewalks :lol:

goat
May 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I hope Williams' loses before that :P

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
If Henin can successfully go through this draw... it would be impressive to say the least!

angliru
May 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Horrible draw, but in the long run bad luck and good luck seems to level. How many seeded payers did Henin have to defeat on her way to the AO final? Was it one in six matches? EDIT: It was two (Dementieva and Petrova).

FrOzon
May 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Horrible draw, but in the long run bad luck and good luck seems to level. How many seeded payers did Henin have to defeat on her way to the AO final? Was it one in six matches? EDIT: It was two (Dementieva and Petrova).

Wickmayer was a qualifier but ... ;)

Ramos
May 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
You forgot Kleybanova and Wickmayer would've been seeded if she knew she was gonna be able to play that tournament.

klever58
May 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Jankovic in SF? kidding...

A Magicman
May 29th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I am close to tears.

Danči Dementia
May 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
mmmmmmmmmm isn´t she playing in her best surface???

against the self proclaimed cow on ice, and then Stosur(???) and then Serena, Jankovic is another thing there though, I´d say he only difficult match could come from Jelena :shrug: (though I hope Sharapova will send her ass packing today)

I don´t think this draw is hard for that woman.

Cakeisgood
May 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Where have you been for the past 2 weeks?

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
If we look all French Open finals after 2005, there is involved just 4 players: 2xHenin, 2xKuznetsova, 2xIvanovic and 2xSafina.
So Henin is actually so privileged that in year of her comeback after long pause all other 3 players which shows ability in near past to play on highest level on clay playing on careers low point this Roland Garros. Also in this circumstances only way for Justine to not playing vs Serena and Jelena both is if this two both are in opposite half of draw with Henin. But playing against this two before final will produce her more easy opponent into final :shrug:

From my point of view this thread title should to be Sharapova, Stosur and Serena are really unlucky with RG/2010 draw.

Danči Dementia
May 29th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Where have you been for the past 2 weeks?

she said it herself:p

toby345
May 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
The same could be said about Maria :shrug:

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2010, 09:50 AM
The same could be said about Maria :shrug:Why :confused: :scratch:
Unlike Henin, Sharapova will not face Stosur, Serena and Jankovic :shrug:

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Why :confused: :scratch:

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH. :haha: That was good to go with my breakfast.

barboza
May 29th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Stosur? lol....

Jienus
May 29th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Good. She already had a cakewalk at the AO.

gentenaire
May 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Why :confused: :scratch:

eh?....
:help:

ptitnavet
May 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
She is the seed 22 not a top 4 !

LCS
May 29th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Why am I not bothered? :rolleyes:

pigmalion
May 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
She won't have to play Serena :wavey:

Jankovic and Stosur are pieces of cake

Sharapova will be the toughest one

narutos
May 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Henin said that she will have to be very agressive against Pova today. She will play tennis she is playing these days, a lot of ball bashing but at the same time she needs to do that she can't let Maria dominate her because otherwise we all know what will happen.

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
It is difficult. But she's a champion. Right? :)

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 01:08 PM
yep. pretty tough.:o

VishaalMaria
May 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Jelena Jankovic would choke anyway.

So I guess her draw is less tough.

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
i know, this draw is too much!

LudwigDvorak
May 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I don't see much individual threat against any of those players, anyway. We'll see though.

mauresmofan
May 29th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Yes an absolute nightmare draw but it's been done before remember Graf in 99 had Kournikova followed by Davenport followed by Seles followed by Hingis. Henin has the resolve to not think about the draw and just go match by match so I think she can get through it

Olórin
May 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
She won't have to play Serena :wavey:

Do you have so little faith she can beat Maria? Henin's game hasn't regressed THAT much ;)

JustPetko
May 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Henin has worse draw in 2005 (she was seeded with [10]):
1R - C.Martinez
2R - V.Ruano Pascual
3R - A.Medina Garrigues
4R - Kuznetsova [6]
QF - Sharapova [2]
SF - Petrova [7]
F - Pierce [21]

hotviolin83
May 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Henin can win with any draw, specially here in RG
She had a far tougher task when she beat both WS at New York in '07

narutos
May 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Tough draws force players to play their best, Henin in NY, Sharapova at OZ, Venus Wimbledon 2007 and then noone can stop them.

azinna
May 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Tough but doable and certainly not unprecedented.

ce
May 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Go Maria :dance:

miffedmax
May 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM
No one said saving the tour would be easy.

Beat
May 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
sharapova's draw is worse. :timebomb:

mykarma
May 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
If we look all French Open finals after 2005, there is involved just 4 players: 2xHenin, 2xKuznetsova, 2xIvanovic and 2xSafina.
So Henin is actually so privileged that in year of her comeback after long pause all other 3 players which shows ability in near past to play on highest level on clay playing on careers low point this Roland Garros. Also in this circumstances only way for Justine to not playing vs Serena and Jelena both is if this two both are in opposite half of draw with Henin. But playing against this two before final will produce her more easy opponent into final :shrug:

From my point of view this thread title should to be Sharapova, Stosur and Serena are really unlucky with RG/2010 draw.
this

She is the seed 22 not a top 4 !
this again

:spit:

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 02:22 PM
No one said saving the tour would be easy.that is just too damned hiliarious! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

KamilZ
May 29th, 2010, 02:24 PM

Yeah :haha:

harloo
May 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
All of these players are beatable on clay for Henin. While I know everyone is hyping up the Sharapova/Henin match I feel like Justine will win that in two sets. The same with Stosur who is basically a framer with a big serve. Justine has too much game for her.

Of course the test will be Serena but I still feel the advantage goes to Henin considering this is clay. Much of the outcome of that match will depend on how Serena plays and while I hope she can win the match-up let's face it Serena isn't as confident on the surface and can be privy to choking here.

On the other hand, Jankovic will play well but she's Justine's bitch and considering this is a slam she'll lose as usual. So Justine's draw looks hard on paper but in reality this is very doable for her.

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Jelena Jankovic would choke anyway.

So I guess her draw is less tough.that's true.

plays like her life depends on it against Venus and Serena and then bends over and takes her ass kicking with a smile and wink from Henin. :lol:

TuxedoSlam
May 29th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Tough draw, bad luck - hopefully it will inspire her to play her best tennis.

Arnian
May 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Justine can win but she has to beat several very good players just to get to the final. Then who knows who she may have to play in the final :o

I mean beating Maria, Sam, and Serena all back to back is tough enough, let alone facing JJ in the semis.

goldenlox
May 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I dont remember a draw before where the favorite had 5 matches like this in a row.
So it will be interesting to see if Justine can do this.

Andrew Laeddis
May 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I could actually see her beating Maria, Sam and Jelena in straight sets, Serena in 3 sets and then somehow lose to Venus in the final.

kman
May 29th, 2010, 05:33 PM
cakewalk

Daniel
May 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
a very difficult draw on paper but Justine got the game to beat all those players on clay

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM
It would be funny if Justine beats Sharapova, Stosur, Serena, and Jankovic, then lose to Wozniacki.

Foxy
May 30th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Her draw is no harder than what Venus was getting when she was ranked low. At Wimbeldon Venus had the hardest draw and was put on the grave yard court, and she was barely surviving her rounds, and despite barely winning Richard said she was gonna win the tournament.

And Venus made it to the semi's to face Maria who had an easy road to the semi's, and big mouth Brad Gilbert said that Maria was gonna give Venus the beatdown in two sets.

And he had to eat his words, because when Venus stepped on to center court for the first time for the semi-finals, that girl turned into superwoman and she beat the SNOT out Maria Sharapova, then turned around with an all classic performance against Lindsey Davenport.

So if Justine is the queen of the clay, then she ought to be able to do like Venus and win all of her matches regardless if they go to three sets or not, and take the title.

However, I do believe that Justine is gonna beat Maria on tomorrow. She got somewhat off her game due to the light, and conditions. Maria was on a role and she knows she's slow as a turtle. She should have done just like Johnny Mac and Carillo stated and continued to play because the momentum had gone her way.

Justine is a scrappy little player and will just regroup and come back and run slow turtle Maria around the court and win 6-3 in the third set.

Go Justine! I want to see a Justine and Serena semi-final.

moby
May 30th, 2010, 04:11 AM
To put things in perspective, the schedule is worse than the draw for her.

vejh
May 30th, 2010, 04:15 AM
I do hope (and believe) that Ju pulls it out.

Ju historically has had tough draws in the past even as #1. 2007 RG was a very difficult draw but she blasted through it.

Brooks.
May 30th, 2010, 04:19 AM
since when is Sam Stosur on clay tough? :tape:

and Jankovic is her bitch...and she's 2-0 against Serena, at the French. If she can't win with this draw, then she isn't the same player that she was...

BuTtErFrEnA
May 30th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Her draw is no harder than what Venus was getting when she was ranked low. At Wimbeldon Venus had the hardest draw and was put on the grave yard court, and she was barely surviving her rounds, and despite barely winning Richard said she was gonna win the tournament.

And Venus made it to the semi's to face Maria who had an easy road to the semi's, and big mouth Brad Gilbert said that Maria was gonna give Venus the beatdown in two sets.

And he had to eat his words, because when Venus stepped on to center court for the first time for the semi-finals, that girl turned into superwoman and she beat the SNOT out Maria Sharapova, then turned around with an all classic performance against Lindsey Davenport.

So if Justine is the queen of the clay, then she ought to be able to do like Venus and win all of her matches regardless if they go to three sets or not, and take the title.

However, I do believe that Justine is gonna beat Maria on tomorrow. She got somewhat off her game due to the light, and conditions. Maria was on a role and she knows she's slow as a turtle. She should have done just like Johnny Mac and Carillo stated and continued to play because the momentum had gone her way.

Justine is a scrappy little player and will just regroup and come back and run slow turtle Maria around the court and win 6-3 in the third set.

Go Justine! I want to see a Justine and Serena semi-final.

:tape:

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 05:18 AM
sounds like karma! haha

iamhe
May 30th, 2010, 06:57 AM

Venus was 25 years old back then. But Justine is 28 year old now. I think that makes difference. I'm sure Justine of 2007 would surly make it (when she was 25y), but Justine of 2010 (being 28y) I'm not sure.

AnomyBC
May 30th, 2010, 07:09 AM
No, Maria has the worst draw imaginable. Her beating Henin, Stosur, Serena, Jankovic and Venus/Elena/Caro on her worst surface post-shoulder-injury would be one of the most impressive feats in the history of tennis. I'm looking forward to seeing her pull it off and finally fulfilling her destiny :inlove:

Serenita
May 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Venus was 25 years old back then. But Justine is 28 year old now. I think that makes difference. I'm sure Justine of 2007 would surly make it (when she was 25y), but Justine of 2010 (being 28y) I'm not sure.

WHAT?

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM
eh?....
:help:

He means Sharapova loses to Henin and therefore won't be facing all the other toughies.

duhcity
May 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
btw, Sharapova is ranked higher, so Sharapova drew Henin 3r, Sam 4r, and Serena QF :rolleyes:

But really. The draw isn't that bad. Petrova drawing Maria like 5 straight times last year was definitely worse

goldenlox
May 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Justine is the betting favorite, even after this draw came out.

This draw makes it look even stranger how she retired right before the 2008 FO.
The 2 finalists that year had never won a major, and both were gone by round 2 this year