PDA

View Full Version : WWW RG R4: Wozniacki or Pennetta?

Lord Choc Ice
May 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Pennetta seems to be in good form, I'll pick her in 3. :cool:

PushWoz
May 29th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Woz in straight please :)

Rafito.
Wozniacki in two, 75 63.

Pasta-Na
push push in 2 :o

Bronx19
May 29th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I dont think Pennetta is in good enough form to blast her off court. It'll be another boring ass game of push it back to the death.

Serenita
May 29th, 2010, 06:10 AM
:oR4 in a GS Wozniacki vs Pannetta.:o

Yeah uhm Pannetta pls.

crazillo
May 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Should be Flavia really.

C. W. Fields
May 29th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Their only previous clay match was Caro in 3 so I'll go with that again.

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Woz will win this hopefully!!

goldenlox
May 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Caro leads 2-0, and if her ankle holds, she should finish this 8-0 in sets at this FO

Josh.
May 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Pennetta could win, but probably wont.

Jienus
May 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Wozniacki will push Pennetta back to Italy in 2 easy sets.

Fantasy Hero
May 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM

Yeah uhm Pannetta pls.

is it really that hard to spell Pennetta right? :rolleyes:

Fantasy Hero
May 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Pennetta could win, but probably wont.

this:sad:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Flavia in two... :shrug:

TennisFan66
May 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Flavia is a great clay court player, so it won't be easy by any stretch ... but Caro in two :)

claypova
May 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM
flavia in 3

64 16 64

klever58
May 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
tough one... Caro in three long ugly sets.. 3rd set something like 9-7

Direwolf
May 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Right Hemisphere: Flavia Pennetta
Left Hemisphere: Caroline Wozniacki

leebeasy
May 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
If Flavia plays agressively and cleanly I think she could win. Anything less and Caro will take it.

nevetssllim
May 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I prefer Pennetta but at the same time, if Flavia loses, it means Schiavone has a better chance at making the top-10. :p

Daniel K
May 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Caro in two. Fran is looking good for the top 10!

jonny84
May 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I hope Flavia in three sets.

kman
May 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Caro will have to raise her game for this match. She looked a bit shaky against Dulghero. The odd racquet changes didn't help.

vwfan
May 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
like them both.

either Pennetta in two or Woz in three.

kman
May 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
EDIT: eh wrong thread

fervor
May 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Both can win. I think Caro has the easier chance, though. She just has to be her usual consistent self in order to win. Flavia would need to be really aggressive to pull off the victory.

So I'd say Caro has the bigger chance of winning.

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Pennetta has nothing to hurt Wozniacki with. This is one of the best possible match-ups for the Dane at this tournament stage.

Stevecw
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Flavia in 3. She seems back on good form this week :)

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Pennetta won't stand close enough to the baseline to win.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Flavia in 2 :banana:

caro in 2 :banana:

SoClose
May 29th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Flavia in 3.

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Rooting for Flavia but think it's gonna be Wozniacki.

ED fan forever
May 29th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Please Flavia, don't let her push you back to Brindisi:sad:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Tennis forum with Pennetta , tennis fans with Pennetta

Hian
May 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Yeah uhm Pannetta pls.

Pannetta :lol: :lol:
Why people don't understand Flavia's surname is Pennetta? Is it difficult? :p
I think Woz in 2. Even if she is isn't a good player, Flavia will never beat her :lol:

Vartan
May 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Pennetta, save the WTA please!

Aaric
May 29th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Go Caroline

GreenGrass
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Caro in 2

Ryan
May 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
FlavaFlav in two. :(

Ellery
May 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Caro in 2 :unsure:

C. W. Fields
May 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Pennetta now leads the poll 41-37. :scratch:

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Pennetta now leads the poll 41-37. :scratch:

So many Caro haters here, it's unbelievable...

Slutiana
May 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Or maybe they watched some of Pennetta's matches this week? :shrug:

FORZA SARITA
May 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Tennis forum with Pennetta , tennis fans with Pennetta

this means caro fans = retards?:lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Or maybe they watched some of Pennetta's matches this week? :shrug:

Flavia is Wozniacki's bitch no matter how many matches against scrubs she has won to-date.

Zamboni
May 29th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Rooting for Flavia but think it's gonna be Wozniacki.
Agreed ;)

Flavia could win if she plays as agressive as she has been playing all week [:drool:] But I don't see why so many people say she'll surely win (except for blind dislike of Caroline). Caroline leads the H2H 2-0, including a win on clay. Flavia better come out playing well to take this.

FORZA SARITA
May 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Agreed ;)

Flavia could win if she plays as agressive as she has been playing all week [:drool:] But I don't see why so many people say she'll surely win (except for blind dislike of Caroline). Caroline leads the H2H 2-0, including a win on clay. Flavia better come out playing well to take this.

when flavia is confident she loses so we know the result :lol:

Drine
May 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Forza Flaviaaaa :bounce:

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Wozniacki isn't injured, Pennetta will definitely lose

Corswandt
May 30th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Wozniacki managed to expose some weaknesses in Pennetta's game (relatively poor movement, court positioning) during their Bastad match - but for that she has to play much like she plays against Dementieva, looping the ball high up from corner to corner over and over again with metronomic precision. Not sure if she'll be up to it tomorrow.

Pennetta has to go out of her comfort zone to take this (i.e. she has to try to play closer to the baseline and take the ball earlier than she usually does), but she can do it if she goes for her shots and doesn't let herself get dragged into a battle of attrition (serve won't be a factor).

Pennetta for the win.

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Oh please, don't you start acting like you're not one of them. :lol:

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Wozniacki managed to expose some weaknesses in Pennetta's game (relatively poor movement, court positioning) during their Bastad match - but for that she has to play much like she plays against Dementieva, looping the ball high up from corner to corner over and over again with metronomic precision. Not sure if she'll be up to it tomorrow.

Pennetta has to go out of her comfort zone to take this (i.e. she has to try to play closer to the baseline and take the ball earlier than she usually does), but she can do it if she goes for her shots and doesn't let herself get dragged into a battle of attrition (serve won't be a factor).

Pennetta for the win.

Relatively poor movement from Pennetta? I've never thought that. Maybe she was just having a bad day. I do agree with your assessment of what Pennetta needs to do to win, though.

I think it's up to Pennetta to take the win. Be aggressive and win the points. If she can't do that (which is a distinct possibility), Caro wins.

Mynarco
May 30th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Come on Pennetta

Gdsimmons
May 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I dont care if its 2 or 3, Flavia FTW!

PLP
May 30th, 2010, 04:46 AM
SO many of my faves have a chance to make the quarters, loving this tournament.

Will be ecstatic for whichever player wins, but I think Caro will come through in 3, she's just too consistent for Flavia IMO.

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Da Woz!

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 04:48 AM
how come so many people dislike this girl? so, she's a pusher - she makes the most of what she has and competes well. plus she's like a burst of sunshine on a gloomy day.

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 04:56 AM
how come so many people dislike this girl? so, she's a pusher - she makes the most of what she has and competes well. plus she's like a burst of sunshine on a gloomy day.

I always wonder that too.

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 05:21 AM
For s a tennis player, someone's gamestyle is enough to cause dislike.

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
For s a tennis player, someone's gamestyle is enough to cause dislike.

haha true. she's like the modern day Arantxa Sanchez, and i hated her because of her crap game. damn, i'm old.

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Wow, so all the hate really is just about her playstyle? Interesting. So I guess it follows that people think she's overrated and undeserving of her ranking? Her playstyle takes advantage of her opponents screwing up, which isn't exactly a crowd pleasing tactic either.

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Wow, so all the hate really is just about her playstyle? Interesting. So I guess it follows that people think she's overrated and undeserving of her ranking? Her playstyle takes advantage of her opponents screwing up, which isn't exactly a crowd pleasing tactic either.

i agree. it's just "winning ugly". but people don't like it when women are ugly. or grunt. or scream. they should all be pretty and quiet.

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 05:42 AM
i agree. it's just "winning ugly". but people don't like it when women are ugly. or grunt. or scream. they should all be pretty and quiet.
Caro is pretty and quiet. Doesn't help her though. :p

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 06:03 AM
but her game is ugly! whatever happened to superficiality! haha

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Pennetta will flop.

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 06:08 AM
panetta will be flattened like a panini . sorry, paisana

Slutiana
May 30th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Flavia is Wozniacki's bitch no matter how many matches against scrubs she has won to-date.
I don't think it is as clear cut as that. Flavia has been very aggressive this week, transitioning strongly and has been returning extremely well. As Corswandt said, she stands a chance if she continues in that frame of mind.

I've painfully watched Flavia hit through Venus enough times to know that she's capable of doing the exact same thing to Wozniacki. :lol:

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 06:37 AM

It's also the fact that Caro lacks that special something other top players have. She doesn't have Serena's physical power or Henin's natural court sense or whoever's whatever. Still, she has managed to become a star by making the most of what 'mediocre' talents she has. It rubs certain mediocre people the wrong way because she's a reminder of what they could have accomplished themselves if they had worked hard at it but didn't.

poulao
May 30th, 2010, 07:25 AM
It's also the fact that Caro lacks that special something other top players have. She doesn't have Serena's physical power or Henin's natural court sense or whoever's whatever. Still, she has managed to become a star by making the most of what 'mediocre' talents she has. It rubs certain mediocre people the wrong way because she's a reminder of what they could have accomplished themselves if they had worked hard at it but didn't.

:smash::haha:

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM

Hmm...I don't know if I'd go that far.

I think she's a great tennis player. You can't play like she does and reach #2 without being really good. She is a really solid player, very athletic and consistent. I don't think she is mediocre at all.

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Hmm...I don't know if I'd go that far.

I think she's a great tennis player. You can't play like she does and reach #2 without being really good. She is a really solid player, very athletic and consistent. I don't think she is mediocre at all.

I don't think she's mediocre, either, I'm just describing the view of certain people.
Other stars have talents easier to see and admire. With Caro you have to look a bit deeper.

poulao
May 30th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Has it all been to easy for Caro? Is she going to fold now, she is in for some resistance? Or is Flavia going to blow her of the court? All this and then some...later to day at Roland Garos, so stay tuned. :lol:

Zamboni
May 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM

Pennetta for the win.
That's exactly what she's been doing all week, and it's the one thing that makes me think she could possibly win this.

And you're always saying Flavia has relatively poor movement, and I still don't know where you get that from. Her movement is fine. It's just, when she's played a long string of matches, it usually breaks down a little, causing her game to crumble. That's why she has these bad scorelines after a great run sometimes. If anything, it proves her movement is good, and crucial to her game.

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Day 8 preview; http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/20100529/roland-garros-day-8-preview_2256076_2061720

[14] Flavia Pennetta (ITA #15) vs. [3] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN #3)
H2H: Wozniacki leads 2-0
2010 W-L record (All surfaces/clay): Pennetta (26-10/12-3) Wozniacki (26-10/14-5)

Wozniacki has now reached the fourth round or better at the last four Grand Slam tournaments, and indeed is through to this stage at Roland Garros for the first time. So far this week the 19-year-old's problematic ankle has held up well enough, but she certainly won't want it preying on her mind as she strives for her 200th career win against a classy opponent. After winning the title at Marbella in April Pennetta's Roland Garros preparations went flat (at least in singles) but she remains one of the most accomplished clay courters around, her seven titles on the surface placing her fourth amongst active players. Curiously, this is just the second time the 28-year-old has done this well here, but with the pressure on her teenaged rival she might just fancy her chances of a breakthrough.

Hian
May 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Wozniacki will win very easily ;)
But I hope Flavia :)

Corswandt
May 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
this means caro fans = retards?:lol:

Retards? I wouldn't go that far. More misguided glory hogs.

Corswandt
May 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Pennetta for the win.

Most stupid shit I have ever posted in here, which is saying something. Pennetta has got nothing to hurt Sunshine with, absolutely nothing.

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Heh, it's so sad. Caro hate is so bad that her fans get insulted too?

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Flavia. :rolleyes:

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM
:sobbing: Flavia...i expect a melt down now :sobbing:

DimaDinosaur
May 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM
H2H 3-0?? geez why is Wozniacki so good at pushing her opponents to death?

M.P
May 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM
keep it up Caro :)

Mynarco
May 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
:sobbing:

Sammm
May 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Tatiana Golovin just bitched about Wozniacki on French TV again :lol: She's not impressed by her strokes and doesn't understand how she got to number 3 in the world.

#kArLoS#
May 30th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Tatiana Golovin just bitched about Wozniacki on French TV again :lol: She's not impressed by her strokes and doesn't understand how she got to number 3 in the world.

well,is not like she is telling lies :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Finally someone stops sugar-coating everything and says the truth. :bowdown:

Slutiana
May 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM
That's my girl. :rocker2:

M.P
May 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM
that's why she never get to top 10

DomenicDemaria
May 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Both players look really tired. There both going for a bit more.

Boreas
May 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Golovin's tecnhique is hardly something out of tennis books

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2010, 01:49 PM
that's why she never get to top 10

because the other girl is too solid and never makes a UE :rolleyes:
i think this is so far the best match in term of quality of the tournament

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM
:o If you want to know how to choke SPs in both sets ask Pennetta. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
May 30th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I expected Caro to fight like this. Flavia is really spilling her guts out there, also

FORZA SARITA
May 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
because the other girl is too solid and never makes a UE :rolleyes:
i think this is so far the best match in term of quality of the tournament

wTf?:confused:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
God, I didn't know Caro was 1.77m... same as me :eek: Taught she was shorter....

Anyway, she's pushing herself to victory at the moment!

debby
May 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
omg at public applauding like crazy at pushniacki. So boring a live match with her

Chorophyll
May 30th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Like I said in this, "Pennetta won't stand close enough to the baseline to win."

Mynarco
May 30th, 2010, 03:27 PM
USeless flavia wasted 2SPs :hysteric:

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Their only previous clay match was Caro in 3 so I'll go with that again.

I called it! :yeah:

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
omg at public applauding like crazy at pushniacki. So boring a live match with her
They were probably cheering because it was finally over. :lol:

fervor
May 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
They were probably cheering because it was finally over. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they were cheering Flavia for leaving everything on the court. Flavia really played some wonderful tennis.

Caro's toughness is to be applauded though.

goldenlox
May 30th, 2010, 03:41 PM
They both were 6-0 in sets coming in. Now Caro 8-1
Good fight by both.

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure they were cheering Flavia for leaving everything on the court. Flavia really played some wonderful tennis.

this:worship:

C. W. Fields
May 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
There's been a couple of votes for "Wozniacki in 3" AFTER the match finished! Very bold of you!

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
:rolls:

debby
May 31st, 2010, 12:03 AM

To be fair, I liked Caro Flavs match,it was better than soderling cilic. Anyway true,the crowd applauded flavia for saving double mp and when she lost the third one, everybody was disappointed but applauded both women. Great crowd today on the Lenglen, really. Flavs has really been growing in me lately, today she became one of my faves, I loved her match, a shame she lost it but kudos to Woz who is lesser and lesser pushers imo. She tries to be more aggressive.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM
So you're saying the crowd enjoyed the match? Its not what the trolls here in GM say, that its unwatchable.

debby
May 31st, 2010, 12:24 AM
So you're saying the crowd enjoyed the match? Its not what the trolls here in GM say, that its unwatchable.

I left a comment earlier about Woz but it was stupid because when I watched Sod-Cilic, I realized they were barely making long rallies. Caro and Flavia were,that s why they made many faults. But it was enjoyable. Woz more aggressive, Flav fighting hard with great dropshots.. It was good. When Flavia won the 2nd set, the crowd applauded although they were waiting Soder. It says a lot.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2010, 12:26 AM
Thats what I was wondering. The crowd wanted the Wozniacki-Pennetta to keep going.
A WTA match without a French woman

debby
May 31st, 2010, 12:32 AM
Thats what I was wondering. The crowd wanted the Wozniacki-Pennetta to keep going.
A WTA match without a French woman

They wanted Flavia to save triple mpr,to keep the drama going. We love drama lol. Justine is clearly the crowd favourite, I cant imagine how it would be if she was french. But except the frenchies, JuJu and Fed, they love especially drama and crazy matchs a la Verdasco vs Kohl.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2010, 12:34 AM
It was a match where they both played hard for hours, and I'm glad the crowd appreciated it.

Burisleif
May 31st, 2010, 01:51 AM
To be fair, I liked Caro Flavs match,it was better than soderling cilic. Anyway true,the crowd applauded flavia for saving double mp and when she lost the third one, everybody was disappointed but applauded both women. Great crowd today on the Lenglen, really. Flavs has really been growing in me lately, today she became one of my faves, I loved her match, a shame she lost it but kudos to Woz who is lesser and lesser pushers imo. She tries to be more aggressive.

Thanks for the honest live feedback...