PDA

View Full Version : After rezai's cheating today, it is more urgent to install hawkeye for RG

Valanga
May 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
at least in the main courts. Awful. Petrova almost got robbed

SoClose
May 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
How did she cheat ?!?

Serenita
May 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
i missed it, was watching 2 matches at a time.

Can you explain what happened?

Direwolf
May 28th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Roof?
Lights?
Crowd dispatchers?
:tape::tape::tape:

Valanga
How did she cheat ?!?

She tried to point the wrong mark to the chair umpire :lol:. Not only once.

Ferg
Nope, the umpire knew Rezai was cheating and Nadia still got the point, but the damage was done and Rezai had ruined Nadai's focus by angering her. No problem with the clay. The problem is with Rezai.

SoClose
May 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
She is a complete byotch

Valanga
May 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Nope, the umpire knew Rezai was cheating and Nadia still got the point, but the damage was done and Rezai had ruined Nadai's focus by angering her. No problem with the clay. The problem is with Rezai.

But the thing is not every umpire is as bright as this one (what's her name again? I forgot, but she looks hot)

toby345
May 28th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hawkeye on clay is complete bs :help:

Ferg
May 28th, 2010, 08:59 PM
But the thing is not every umpire is as bright as this one (what's her name again? I forgot, but she looks hot)

I forget her name, but she was hot :drool: Alves would probably agree with Rezai...

Andreas
May 28th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Kerrilyn Cramer.

Serenita
I hope someone can post the video on Youtube.:sobbing: pls do, so the rest of us can see this cheating:sobbing::sobbing:

tennisbum79
I did not see it, but poster mentioned it in another thread which was unfortunately cancelled because the argument were quickly heating up and about to degenerate into somehting ugly.

Apparently, she deliberaltely misled the umpire, by pointing to wrong mark.. a few times

Serenita
May 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM
pls post the vid peeps

Valanga
May 28th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I forget her name, but she was hot :drool: Alves would probably agree with Rezai...

Alves :tape:
she should be banned from umpiring matches for the rest of her life :o

BuTtErFrEnA
May 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM

:tape:

IceSkaTennisFan
May 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I was rooting for Nadia and she had many opportunities to win the match unlike some matches in the past where there were actually bad line calls that decided matches. I do think they should install lights there so the matches can be better lit, though. Line calls can be suspect when the visibility isn't as good and there is no hawk eye in place.

Noctis
May 28th, 2010, 09:08 PM
She bitchs She cheats She live in a Van She wears Unusual dress
TF Accusations never cease to amaze me :(

IceSkaTennisFan
May 28th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Alves was the chair umpire in Sam's match the other day I believe.

bandabou
May 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
NNaahh...sometimes you've to say "whatever". If this is how it's gonna be, then so be it.

Zébulon
May 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
at least in the main courts. Awful. Petrova almost got robbed

on all courts or on none, i think. but i don't think hawk eye is needed on clay.

wouldn't mind some lights, though.

Serenita
May 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM

:spit:

Aravanecaravan
May 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
She bitchs She cheats She live in a Van She wears Unusual dress
TF Accusations never cease to amaze me :(

I heard she eats babies, too. Pass it on...

Matt01
May 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hawkeye on clay? Get a life :weirdo:

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
What is so outlandish about the idea?

ESPN shows unofficial replay on questionables calls, it is pretty accurate.

Mr. Magassi
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
You call her cheater because she pointed to a mark on a dark court (on red claY)? Give me a break... this match should've have been suspended at 6 all

Ferg
May 28th, 2010, 09:22 PM
You call her cheater because she pointed to a mark on a dark court (on red claY)? Give me a break... this match should've have been suspended at 6 all

It wasnt dark when she pointed it out. It was 5-2 in the first set.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM

:tape: :spit:

Serenita
May 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM

OWNED
:lol::lol::lol:

Matt01
May 28th, 2010, 09:31 PM

The mark you see on the clay is pretty accurate as well and can be seen by linesmen and the umpires. Hawkeye coasts $$$ is not needed on clay, not to mention that it would be unfair to only install it at the some courts.

miffedmax
May 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Hawkeye isn't 100% accurate, either. Lena D. I read somewhere, may have been screwed by a not particularly well-calibrated Hawkeye last year at Wimby. Or it may have just made a couple calls look even closer than they were. They were somewhat coy, given how close two of the calls against her were. But them's the break, and Ree certainly had an iffy call play havoc with her in a slam semi.

Unless God himself decides to start officiating matches, there will be human error.

Iceland
May 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
And hawk eye would have given Aravane the point at 65. On France 2 they showed it and Nadia's Fh on BP was wide.

So just think twice when you call someone a cheater.

edificio
May 28th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Nadia still should have closed out this match.

But it is true that some umpires might not be so aware.

Uranus
May 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Saw from mid-2nd set on, and Rezai actually showed the wrong mark once from what I remember, the umpire agreed and the point was replayed (Nadia had hit a winner) :lol:.

@danieln1
May 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM
This girl is gettin worse by the day... hopefully someone will give her a beatdown too shut her up, it´s becoming annoying...

ivanban
May 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM
The mark you see on the clay is pretty accurate as well and can be seen by linesmen and the umpires. Hawkeye coasts $$$ is not needed on clay, not to mention that it would be unfair to only install it at the some courts.

It's installed only on some courts on every tournament that has it :shrug:

Plus, there are numerous evidence when umpires pointed to the wrong mark

ivanban
May 28th, 2010, 10:14 PM
And hawk eye would have given Aravane the point at 65. On France 2 they showed it and Nadia's Fh on BP was wide.

So just think twice when you call someone a cheater.

:spit: So if one ball was (maybe) wrong called for cAravane, that automatically disqualify her as cheater?!!! :cuckoo:

hugo2004
May 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Rezai has always to cheat in Roland Garros to win, she also cheated last year against Michelle.

Arnian
May 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I agree Chrono that it's not excuse that RG doesn't have hawkeye.

Noctis
May 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
RG is getting move anyway

No Light No Roof No Hawkeye
The lounge look like a Crypt
There's hardly any shelters for Audience or players
The French Crowd they like Booing more than Clapping
And it always Rains week 1 or 2
The most bitching we get from anywhere every year

Rome
May 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hawkeye on clay is complete bs :help:

Are you kidding yourself? I think Hawkeye is very much need on clay. It will remove all the retarts that try to rob players of matches like the chair and other players lying about marks.

LCS
May 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM

Shut up! :wavey:

Rome
May 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM

you get a life please its need and players should tell the FO were not going to play without it.

dsanders06
May 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM
The thing is they actually have the technology installed - French TV shows Hawkeye replays. The ONLY thing RG would have to splash out on are big TV screens to show it.

Martian KC
May 28th, 2010, 11:44 PM
All the hype and attention must've been getting to her.:tape:

gardengnome3
May 29th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I heard she eats babies, too. Pass it on...

False. But she kidnaps baby dogs.

Cakeisgood
May 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Why would that be unfair? That's how it is at EVERY other GS. :tape::tape::help:

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 01:06 AM
you get a life please its need and players should tell the FO were not going to play without it.

Translation?

Why would that be unfair? That's how it is at EVERY other GS. :tape::tape::help:

So? That doesn't make it better. It's unfair at those other GS, too. :rolleyes:

Jajaloo
May 29th, 2010, 01:14 AM

:haha: :haha:

I'm all for hawkeye on clay!

RayB
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Wow so many haters, her start must really be rising.:hearts::hearts::kiss:

Jajaloo
May 29th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Wow so many haters, her start must really be rising.:hearts::hearts::kiss:

I'm not anti-Rezai, I'm pro-hawkeye :rocker2:

Volcana
May 29th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Wow so many haters, her start must really be rising.It's the Muslim thing.

Exactly how far apart were these marks?

Bronx19
May 29th, 2010, 02:27 AM
They both tried to cheat. Petrova actually started it by circling a mark that was in.

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM
They both tried to cheat. Petrova actually started it by circling a mark that was in.
LOL.

I just think people don't understand how often this happens on clay, where a player mistakes a mark for another then argues about it. If everyone who did that was a cheater, a big chunk of the tour would fall under that category.

Caralenko
May 29th, 2010, 02:59 AM
It's the Muslim thing.

Fuck off right now if you want to go down that path.

I am pro-hawkeye as well. TV simulated replays often show the call as wrong as well, it's just unfair to the players. Either the shot is in or out, there shouldn't be drama about it.

Danii's Law
May 29th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Your all insane. She didn't cheat. She pointed at a mark and then its all up to the umpire. She's not a bitch nor is she a cheat. All players circle wrong ball marks. Get over it.

Bronx19
May 29th, 2010, 03:27 AM
LOL.

I just think people don't understand how often this happens on clay, where a player mistakes a mark for another then argues about it. If everyone who did that was a cheater, a big chunk of the tour would fall under that category.

Not in this case. Petrova circled a mark that was in.

dicanio_michael
May 29th, 2010, 03:40 AM
You think hawkeye is trustworthy ?

Monzanator
May 29th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Hawkeye should be banned alltogether. Get over this crap and move on, people!!!

moby
May 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
It's the Muslim thing.

Exactly how far apart were these marks?Sania Mirza was (and is) one of the most popular players on the WTA.

Of course, she also had less success and was more diplomatic in interviews.

Caralenko
May 29th, 2010, 05:42 AM

:unsure: :unsure:

Serenita
May 29th, 2010, 05:53 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/vwwd52.jpg

M.P
May 29th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Rezai Is A Cheater And A Bitch

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM

Exactly!

goldenlox
May 29th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I dont consider what she does to be anywhere near what John McEnroe would do.
He would stop the match to try to intimidate linespeople, so they would be reluctant to call anything close against him.
That's cheating, and he is celebrated for it

Vaidisova Ruled
May 29th, 2010, 09:06 AM
It's the Muslim thing.

Marat Safin (who was one of the most popular tennis player) and Dinara Safina are both muslim.

Take a look at yourself you dumb slut.

Apoleb
May 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
The "Muslim" thing (specifically also being the daughter of Iranian immigrants while showing pride and attachment to her Iranian Muslim culture) has a lot to do with it. I can recall something along a dozen posts here where people have mentioned that she should go back to Iran, made burka jokes and even a couple called her a terrorist. Of course the combination of that with outward bitchiness towards their favorites, success..etc all interact to produce a freaking bombshell. (obviously that may not apply to all, or even most, but is significant I think).

toby345
May 29th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I don't get this hype with the Hawk eye. What are millions of club players doing everyday? Do they have hawk eye? NO! And know what? They have almost no problems. Balls on a clay court leave marks, which are 100% accurate. If some dumb ass players decide to show the wrong mark, it's their fault. It's the umpires job to see where the ball was.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 29th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I don't get this hype with the Hawk eye. What are millions of club players doing everyday? Do they have hawk eye? NO! And know what? They have almost no problems. Balls on a clay court leave marks, which are 100% accurate. If some dumb ass players decide to show the wrong mark, it's their fault. It's the umpires job to see where the ball was.

balls don't always leave a mark :lol: i quite remember a few years ago someone hit a shot (i think it was a dropper) and it hadn't left a mark when the players, umpire or linesperson went to check

and while it is the umpire's job, don't a think a player has a responsibility to NOT point to the wrong mark? it's deception and cheating to try to get a point that isn't yours

Rome
May 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM

First of all these players are not playing for Hundreds of thousand of dollars. Second the marks can have come from other balls hit close to the mark in question. Third the players are hitting the balls some time over a 100MPH and i can ensure you that the chairs can not always see where the balls land.

toby345
May 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM
First of all these players are not playing for Hundreds of thousand of dollars. Second the marks can have come from other balls hit close to the mark in question. Third the players are hitting the balls some time over a 100MPH and i can ensure you that the chairs can not always see where the balls land.

And still installing Hawk eye would be unfair, since they only would install on PC and SL. Double standard much? :help:

Btw. Normally the wrong calls equals in a match for both players. And theres also a tradition for clay :drool:

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM
First of all - they will not have hawkeye on clay period. You can whine all you like - but they won't do it. Second you lot would be laughed out of court if you tried to make a case in a law court that Rezai was a cheater and that she deliberately pointed to the wrong mark as opposed to wishful thinking and seeing what she wanted th believe. Umpires and line judges make the calls - not players.

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 11:46 AM

And you are extremely immature and classless.

narutos
May 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
And you are extremely immature and classless.

Better than being a cheater and a bitch:shrug:

Morrissey
May 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
The tennis commentators also mentioned that Rezai cheats she points to the wrong mark and she's trying to trick the umpire. Thank goodness, this umpire is smart and she is not intimidated by Rezai's rudeness and unprofessionalism.

Jienus
May 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Goes to show that cheating doesn;t pay.

I hope her van crashes.

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Bartoli/Peer - controversial line-call on set point... :eek:

Serenita
It's the Muslim thing.

:rolleyes:
WHY???:o:o:o:o
anyway's still waiting for the vid :angel:

BuTtErFrEnA
First of all - they will not have hawkeye on clay period. You can whine all you like - but they won't do it. Second you lot would be laughed out of court if you tried to make a case in a law court that Rezai was a cheater and that she deliberately pointed to the wrong mark as opposed to wishful thinking and seeing what she wanted th believe. Umpires and line judges make the calls - not players.

you're not in a law court so your point is moot :lol: and it's amazing how all players hope for balls to go out but still point to the right mark and not the wrong mark and try to sell it to an umpire...except aravane...and not only once where you could pass it off as a simple error..not in the dark where you could assume she simply couldn't see...but more times than that in the light...

Vaidisova Ruled
May 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM
The tennis commentators also mentioned that Rezai cheats she points to the wrong mark and she's trying to trick the umpire. Thank goodness, this umpire is smart and she is not intimidated by Rezai's rudeness and unprofessionalism.
Those commentators you're talking about, are they from british eurosport?
Cause 2 weeks ago, they said that Aravane is amazing, and that she's about to dominate the tour...

Rome
May 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM
And still installing Hawk eye would be unfair, since they only would install on PC and SL. Double standard much? :help:

Btw. Normally the wrong calls equals in a match for both players. And theres also a tradition for clay :drool:

I think it will happen next year myself :p But to say its tradition to be cheated out of a point is clearly wrong :(

Chorophyll
May 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Bartoli was just cheated too. Install it!

kfh_9118
May 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Poor Marion :sad:

Hopefully she can still win the match to bring justice

Monzanator
May 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
:unsure: :unsure:

http://i44.tinypic.com/vwwd52.jpg

Huh? I've been following tennis long before hawkeye was ever introduced and back then I had no second thoughts over lack of it. In fact I never thought something like this will be introduced. Moreover, on-court coaching and medical breaks should also be banned. It's old school style for me, but if somebody became a tennis fan in the hawkeye era then for him/her it's probably impossible to imagine the game without it :shrug:

PushWoz
May 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
you're not in a law court so your point is moot :lol: and it's amazing how all players hope for balls to go out but still point to the right mark and not the wrong mark and try to sell it to an umpire...except aravane...and not only once where you could pass it off as a simple error..not in the dark where you could assume she simply couldn't see...but more times than that in the light...

Oh really?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NhZbgx1vOg

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM

So you prefer lynch mobs to prove an accusation rather than courts of law. Are there any newspapers headlines accusing her of knowingly cheatring? If there were - it would be interesting what would be the outcome if there a lawsuit.

Willam
May 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM
WHats with the hate towards rezai?

Shes gorgeous, her dress is fierce, she has amazing groundstrokes and a unique personality. I like her. Like a lot.

homogenius
May 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Poor Arnold :tears:

On topic : RG needs the hawkeye.The mark isn't always clear, there are regularly bad calls that happen like on any other surface so why not using it ?

CoolDude7
May 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I think people hate her cause of the way she acts on court. I mean serena doesn't even act like that and she is argurably GOAT.

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Human error is part of sports.. having marks on the court is enough. Plus, installing hawkeye is unfair unless it's installed on every single court.

moby
May 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Marat Safin (who was one of the most popular tennis player) and Dinara Safina are both muslim.

Take a look at yourself you dumb slut.It's not a very good argument really. Aside from the fact that there are quite a few popular Muslim players on tour, everyone's known Aravane was Muslim for a long time now, so that doesn't explain the sudden spike in haters. And she's not the only staunch Muslim either - Sania Mirza is another. I'm sure she's garnered some hate for that video of her in Iran, but that's more due to her perceived political affiliation than anything else (even though it's hard to delink politics from religion in that region), perhaps some xenophobia. Sharapova gets accused of not being Russian enough too; Golovin of not being as French. And quite frankly, I think the Iran business was a convenient excuse for many who already hate her (thanks to her "feistiness", to be euphemistic) to hate on her even more.

Acinolbaj
May 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
go home Rezai! :rolleyes:

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
WHats with the hate towards rezai?

Shes gorgeous, her dress is fierce, she has amazing groundstrokes and a unique personality. I like her. Like a lot.

She's also a bit of a brat and does a lot of bad mouthing other players. I sort of have a love her and hate her about her. If she was deliberately cheating - then that's not on - fine her and suspend her if that is proven. But you have to prove it. I'm not going to believe that on the basis of a hating lynch mob say so. I think she's such an emotional person and willing a ball to be out that sometimes she sees what she wants to and in her eyes she actually sees it to be totally the wrong ball.

Anyway - we have this hawkeye at RG discussion every year now. I'm sure if anyone wants to place a bet that hawkeye will be installed here for next year or the year after - the bookmakers would be delighted to take your money.

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I think people hate her cause of the way she acts on court. I mean serena doesn't even act like that and she is argurably GOAT.

Being GOAT does have nothing to do with your behaviour on court.
And no, Serena isn't even close to being GOAT.