PDA

View Full Version : Is Rezai good for tennis?

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Simple question. Shouldn't have anything to do with whether you're a fan or not.

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2010, 09:08 PM
No.. and i'm not a hater. It's one thing to be catty etc. It's another to be a huge bitch ...that also cheats?? She's like evil incarnate and she's not good enough to play the tour villain.

Rafito.
She is amazing :inlove:

bandabou
Hmm....I am sensing there's a story behind this.

clonesheep
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Yes, Rezai is good for tennis.

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
If she didn't cheat then I would have said yes.

V's a star
May 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Im not really a fan def not after the clear cheating today. But she brings sum spice to the women's game and i like that.

delicatecutter
May 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Definitely. I haven't felt this invested in a player and her matches in a VERY long time. She wears her heart on her sleeve and you can't help but root for her. Plus she has some of the most amazing raw talent I've ever seen. So exciting to watch!

Chorophyll
May 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'd rather Rezai have just been #2 than Wozniacki. She's exciting and polarizing either way.

Beat
my answer would be a combination of the two options: "Exciting and a bitch to boot."

Miss Amor
Absolutely! Compared to players like Wozniacki, I will take Aravane anyday.

AcesHigh
I'd rather Rezai have just been #2 than Wozniacki. She's exciting and polarizing either way.

A villain is good for sports if the villain is also very talented or successful.

Rezai is neither.

Direwolf
May 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Her GAME
absolute YES

her ATTITUDE and SPORTSMANSHIP!!!

HELL NO!!!

swissmr
Good for tennis, but nevertheless, a bitch.

mure
A villain is good for sports if the villain is also very talented or successful.

Rezai is neither.

what she's not talented?:lol:

Have you been watching tennis lately?

bandabou
May 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM
What's with the cheating story? Anybody wanna help me out, missed the match.

IceSkaTennisFan
May 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I don't understand why you'd question that :confused: She's playing well. Of course she's good for it. Her mouth is another thing :p

hurricanejeanne
May 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Yes. The more characters we have, the better.

jamatthews
May 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Neither. Her game and her attitude are nothing new, and in a few months we'll probably obsessing about another player.

young_gunner913
May 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Not really. She's a bitch with an inflated ego after winning an event. Soon someone will take her down a notch and when that happens, all of TF will swarm on her like locusts.

The Daviator
May 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
She's a total revelation.

A big bad bitch with attitude, who stirs things up in the media, wears tacky gold outfits and plays awesome power tennis.

I love her.

Ramos
May 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Of course she is. She has personality, a back story that is pretty unique, a particular recognizable style of play and most of all she doesn't leave anyone indifferent. She's everything this sport needs.

Boreas
May 28th, 2010, 09:19 PM
She's good I guess. Any player filling up the draw sounds ok with me. Whitehead was good too:shrug:

Optima
May 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM
She's pretty gross.

Miss Amor
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
She is getting attention, making dumb comments in the press, wearing catchy outfits, playing good tennis, making it more interesting in general, how can it not be good for the sport?

Sally Todd
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
This thread title reminds me of the way MTF talks about Nadal.

They don't have much in common though.

Some players are lightning rods I guess. The thing with Aravane is that her mouth has a lot to do with it. When she wins a major then we can talk.

jefrilibra
May 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM
dunno

All I know is she's not good for the fashion industry.

Sefo
May 28th, 2010, 09:26 PM
She's the deal at the mo.
Allez1!

Harju.
May 28th, 2010, 09:26 PM
ALLEZ goddess with tacky outfit and loud mouth?

I'm IN!

Elwin.
May 28th, 2010, 09:27 PM
She is refreshing.
I love her attitude and her game.
Yes, she is good for tennis :bowdown:

Slutiana
May 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Neither. Her game and her attitude are nothing new, and in a few months we'll probably obsessing about another player.
:worship: Zackly. She's had a nice period where her balls have actually gone in and then drew Petrova at a slam but she'll probably be back to her old self in no time...

Mynarco
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Absolutely! Compared to players like Wozniacki, I will take Aravane anyday.

THIS.

VIKA?
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Yes.

SoClose
May 28th, 2010, 09:32 PM
She is super annoying and she only knows to hit the ball with all the power she has in her fat body :) Also, she has no sense for fashion :)

Emina.
May 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
no thank you

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Based on her play alone, I say she is good for tennis.
She will get some bad press here and thre, and she will adjust her attitude.

As WS fan, I would never venture to say someone is bad for tennis.
Tennis establishment said the same thing about the WS.
I did not think it was fair then, I don't think it is fair now to say it about Rezai.

TennisFan66
May 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM
TF thread opinions don't decide if Rezai is good or bad for tennis. .. It is what it is.

If she is not popular outside some very fanatical circles, she'll struggle to even find a racket sponsor .. If she's popular among real life tennis fans, companies will know this and they'll sign some big endorsement deals and she'll go on Oprah (or whatever they have similar to Oprah in France) ..

Personally I've gone right off her. Then again, I am not forced to follow her, read her facebook or twitter or whatever and I am not forced to watch her matches. If they are on TV, I'll just change the channel (and not moan and whine about it in a TF thread) ..

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Rezai is neither.
I actually had respect for your opinion prior to reading this crap.

Oh well.

BluSthil
May 28th, 2010, 10:08 PM
:kiss: Of course Rezai is good for tennis. She can slug it out with the best of them. She won't win all the time, but I'm pretty sure we have a future champion in this girl. If she keeps her wits about her and trains hard, she'll be in the top 5 before long. There aren't very many young promising stars on the circuit right now. She's a breath of fresh air to tennis and the WTA. Apparently, not everyone likes her, but you better get used to seeing her beat up on the "big girls" a lot !!! :lick:

Mr. Magassi
May 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
You know you've arrived when people hate you... lol. How is Rezai not talented and a cheater?

Stamp Paid
May 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know much about her...
she should keep her eyes on the prize

Becool
May 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
GO REZAI!

I love some bad girl!

Kipling
May 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
You know you've arrived when people hate you... lol. How is Rezai not talented and a cheater?

ikr?

When's the last time you saw any player starting to have successes that wasn't a "fuckin' pusher", "overrated", a "choke artist", "a one-tournament-wonder", a "cheat", a "bad dresser", or a "motor mouth bitch"?

No wonder WTA isn't popular. There's clearly nobody to like.....

:lol:

Just ignore the trolls and enjoy the tennis.

Dave.
May 28th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm only interested in the tennis, and with her performances recently in Madrid, how could she not be good for tennis? That's all that really matters and she's breathtaking to watch when on.

All the other "bitchy" stuff is secondary. She's even directed alot of it to my favourite player. It can be annoying to some or add spice to the game for others. But it is not important.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's virtually impossible to cheat in tennis.

Mr. Magassi
May 28th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Go Rezai! Yea!

kiwifan
May 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
she must be if everyone is bickering about her...

...and not Venus or Serena. :devil:

Dawson.
May 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The question should read – “Is unsportsmanlike behaviour good for the sport if it comes in a charismatic and mildly attractive package?”

bandabou
May 28th, 2010, 10:38 PM
One thing there's to like: She is TOTALLY fearless! She GOES for those shots and that's always good.

thrust
May 28th, 2010, 10:47 PM
my answer would be a combination of the two options: "Exciting and a bitch to boot."

Exactly, like a little Serena.

Slutati
May 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM
It's always good when a player plays as well as Caravane is lately. :yeah:

edificio
May 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM
At the moment, she's just another player trying to get ahead. Let's see what happens next.

JackFrost
May 28th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah, she is bitchy... a lot.
But I think, it´s good for Tennis to have characters like her. Every good movie or soap needs a "villain", who the people can cheer against. Sport needs drama and you don´t get dramas and tension, if you only have nice players like Clijsters.

BluSthil
May 29th, 2010, 12:51 AM
After reading these posts, it's clear that "The Girl" has arrived ! She's young, she'll mature... If your at the top of the rankings, you should be wary of her. She's powerful, spunky, not afraid to go for the shot, and "eye candy" to top it off. As soon as she adds a couple finesse shots, they better "bar the door Katy", cause this girl is gonna rock !!! :cool:

$uricate
May 29th, 2010, 12:58 AM
What would this board have to talk about the past few weeks if Rezai didnt exist?

A world without Rezai scares me :unsure:

Corswandt
May 29th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Is Rezai good for tennis?

Yes.

Kipling
May 29th, 2010, 01:04 AM
What would this board have to talk about the past few weeks if Rezai didnt exist?

A world without Rezai scares me :unsure:

It makes you wonder, though, what all these haters did with their time before she came along.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about Caro....

delicatecutter
May 29th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Even if you don't like her personality or how she acts on the court, you can't deny that she is a great talent and has an amazing and exciting game. Haters are gonna hate. So unfortunate.

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 01:12 AM
She's on a hot streak that won't last forever, and those balls she hammers won't keep going in.

It'll be funny to watch her fall though:)

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Even if you don't like her personality or how she acts on the court, you can't deny that she is a great talent and has an amazing and exciting game. Haters are gonna hate. So unfortunate.

Amazing? No. Serena and Henin have amazing games. Rezai unless she improves and can somehow sustain her streaky form for more than two tournaments is just a GOOD player.

The Dawntreader
May 29th, 2010, 01:18 AM
In a purely endearing way of course, i always find Rezai appealing to watch due to the sheer insanity of her game.

The way she belies point construction, and just rips every ball with such amazing racquet-head speed is undoubtedly entertaining. Such reckless, but courageous abandon in her game at times. Yes, it can all implode dramatically, but the shot-making alone is worth the entry fee IMO.

For some opponents her style of play must be like being charged head on by a Bull Elephant.

delicatecutter
May 29th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Amazing? No. Serena and Henin have amazing games. Rezai unless she improves and can somehow sustain her streaky form for more than two tournaments is just a GOOD player.

Honestly Rezai's game is more enjoyable for me to watch than Henin's. It's much more exciting for me to see someone who can just punish the ball and hit winners from anywhere on the court at will. It reminds me of my girl Mary Pierce. :inlove: Anyone who beats Henin, Jankovic, and V.Williams in one tournament has definitely proven herself in my eyes. And the way she did it was spectacular. She hasn't had amazing runs like this before, although she has had some good wins. It seems to me that she is just now coming into her own for whatever reason.

-Sonic-
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Nadia is hardly fairplay personified.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Huh? Am I missing something?

Cakeisgood
May 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Once she gets a serve, she'll be great.
I love her ballbashing game and her bitchiness :hearts:

envisiond2010
May 29th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Ballbashers come and go :angel:

miffedmax
May 29th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Please. When it comes to throwing digs and on-court antics, these bitches are fucking amateurs who just make me fucking miss Her Nastyness even more.

Jajaloo
May 29th, 2010, 02:18 AM
She won Madird, so...

Vartan
May 29th, 2010, 02:21 AM
She won Madird, so...

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3336/serenagif.gif

Inger67
May 29th, 2010, 02:27 AM
I voted yes, but not in EVERY single way. She is WAY too bitchy and the cheating has got to go. However, she will forever be remembered as a cheater on this board as other players have been :tape:

woosey
May 29th, 2010, 02:29 AM
you can watch the match on espn360. it's under the replays of the day.

Matt01
May 29th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Yes, she is.

She's on a hot streak that won't last forever, and those balls she hammers won't keep going in.

It'll be funny to watch her fall though:)

Bitter Bartoli fan I see who is jelous that Bartoli doesn't have Rezai's current success :p

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Yes.

She is good for tennis.

I don't like her politics, but that shouldn't factor in to the OP's question.

She's got personality - albeit rash sometimes - and game. Her candid nature, ON BALANCE, I think is refreshing in that we don't have to hear canned "she got a big game, credit to her, I was just a little better... blah, blah, blah," false modesty responses. I appreciate that.

So yes, again, she's good for the game.

I HATE, LOATHE and DESPISE her political views. :shrug:

woosey
May 29th, 2010, 02:34 AM
rezai is too petty and catty for me.

i don't mind trashtalking. but she's just a lowlife to me.

Vikapower
May 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Rezaï I could have appreciated more if cheated she didn't try to moreover complained to the refree she has about moving Petrova was on her service games. Words there are no others to describe the pitiful attitude she has and on the double faults "Allez" she screams to justify my growing dislike to her I'm building.

Ryan
May 29th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I'd definitely say yes. She's got an amazing game when its clicking, really just awesome to watch. And she does have personality - I don't like it most of the time, but she's a polarizing character and inspires a ton of reactions and enthusiasm. Tennis needs game like that. Tennis needs bitchy personalities, BIG personalities, too. Plus having popular players from the four host Slams makes their matches more entertaining haha.

Vartan
May 29th, 2010, 03:03 AM

What are you talking about?

debopero
May 29th, 2010, 03:09 AM
What are you talking about?

Probably her histrionics and constant injury time outs (see Madrid 2010).

Lefty.
May 29th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Her personality isn't to my taste, but I think she'll be good for tennis.

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I HATE, LOATHE and DESPISE her political views. :shrug:
You're assuming that you know all the stances and opinions she has with regards to politics based one ONE quote for Iranian TV when she went to meet the president. A quote which goes into no detail of any kind.

I get that it's upsetting that she said something so complimentary about a psychotic, irrational leader like Ahmadinejad. But it's just too simple to take the quote and run with it, assuming she agrees with ridiculous statements like gay people don't exist in her country and outdated beliefs that women shouldn't be held to the same standard as men.

Think about a situation where she's sitting down being asked SPECIFIC questions with regards to things Ahmadinejad has said, in a country that's not in the middle east where she's surrounded by media and meeting higher ups. You really think she would stand by everything this man has said?

I just think that's so unfair, personally, but whatever.

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2010, 03:49 AM
You're assuming that you know all the stances and opinions she has with regards to politics based one ONE quote for Iranian TV when she went to meet the president. A quote which goes into no detail of any kind.

I get that it's upsetting that she said something so complimentary about a psychotic, irrational leader like Ahmadinejad. But it's just too simple to take the quote and run with it, assuming she agrees with ridiculous statements like gay people don't exist in her country and outdated beliefs that women shouldn't be held to the same standard as men.

Think about a situation where she's sitting down being asked SPECIFIC questions with regards to things Ahmadinejad has said, in a country that's not in the middle east where she's surrounded by media and meeting higher ups. You really think she would stand by everything this man has said?

I just think that's so unfair, personally, but whatever.

I appreciate your view on this AND how've you've represented it.

My position is this, and then I won't comment on this particular subject in this thread again: As I watched/heard her interview, she SPECIFICALLY addressed HOW Ahmadinejad was representing Iranian power to the world. Then spoke in general that she liked it. The fact is, Ahmadinejad is representing Iranian power to the world by violent, hard-line supression of his people and thumbing his nose at international appeals for him to stop. Of course the common, obvious response runs along the lines of "but he also is taking a stance, declaring Iran's sovereign right to develop PEACEFUL nuclear energy for his nation." Fine, I get that too. But the fact is, she could have specified. That's an easy, splitable, hair. It is an ARGUABLE benign right of a head of state. But the fact is, you can't separate the two acts from this man and all the other wackier notions and actions of his in between. The man is a menace. There are MANY things she could have stated that would have been politically safe and she chose NOT to.

If you're a high profile individual getting ready to meet with a someone who is widely considered to be a despot, you'd be ready to have a statement crafted to articulate your EXACT feelings on the matter. I believe she did. And I believe that's exactly what we heard.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I'm done.

Daniel K
May 29th, 2010, 03:57 AM
I don't like her but yes she's good for tennis. She can play and adds some spice and drama (even if she's in the wrong for doing so).

danieln1
May 29th, 2010, 04:21 AM
I suck at predictions, but I think she´ll be just like Vaidisova, Sprem, Dokic... big game, major wins first, then complete downfall

dicanio_michael
May 29th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Really enjoy the game she play

Bronx19
May 29th, 2010, 04:59 AM
We need her to balance out Caro.

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2010, 05:38 AM

My position is this, and then I won't comment on this particular subject in this thread again: As I watched/heard her interview, she SPECIFICALLY addressed HOW Ahmadinejad was representing Iranian power to the world. Then spoke in general that she liked it. The fact is, Ahmadinejad is representing Iranian power to the world by violent, hard-line supression of his people and thumbing his nose at international appeals for him to stop. Of course the common, obvious response runs along the lines of "but he also is taking a stance, declaring Iran's sovereign right to develop PEACEFUL nuclear energy for his nation." Fine, I get that too. But the fact is, she could have specified. That's an easy, splitable, hair. It is an ARGUABLE benign right of a head of state. But the fact is, you can't separate the two acts from this man and all the other wackier notions and actions of his in between. The man is a menace. There are MANY things she could have stated that would have been politically safe and she chose NOT to.

If you're a high profile individual getting ready to meet with a someone who is widely considered to be a despot, you'd be ready to have a statement crafted to articulate your EXACT feelings on the matter. I believe she did. And I believe that's exactly what we heard.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I'm done.Oh she said all that?
I might be able to fuck with her then :lol::lol:

thegreendestiny
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 AM
When she beats Venus like she did in Madrid, definitely.

bobbynorwich
May 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
She's all vim and verve ... just the freshness that the women's tour needs now.

Monzanator
May 29th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Yeah, WTA needs someone like Rezai, no doubt about it.

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Oh she said all that?
I might be able to fuck with her then :lol::lol:
:lol: I'm gonna have to examine YOUR politics.

Serenita
May 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM
:angel: Depends, cheating points no... bitch needs to step.:o

All and all if the bitch did cheat, then she needs to go.... no need for a second henin on the tour. ( she cuter tho).

If not.

Slapping players around and acting like a total twat? HELL YES!!!:devil: KEEP HER PLS

Serenita
May 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I suck at predictions, but I think she´ll be just like Vaidisova, Sprem, Dokic... big game, major wins first, then complete downfall

BORING ...... We needs some excitement on the tour!!!

Andy.
May 29th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I dont like heand personally think she is an ugly rude troll but the game needs people like her. The bitching and personality clashes is what made tennis in the last 90's so good. For while now everyone has been so PC and polite so to have someone being outwardly bitchy is great and really spices things up. I loved JJ's fist pump thing from Madrid too.

Volcana
May 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Simple question.Yes

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM

Anyway, that's how I feel. I'm done.
Totally fair assessment, and the feeling is mutual with regards to how you presented your opinion.

Couple of things to conclude this on my end - I really don't believe Rezai had a statement prepared. I honestly don't. I think if you go by the interviews and stories that have been published recently, it's not really far-fetched to assume that Rezai is kinda clueless when it comes to media etiquette. Not only that, but she's unaware of when she's being baited by the press to get a juicy quote. To me, it seems like she goes into these things not really thinking of what she's gonna say. Then, as a reporter, you kinda have her at your mercy. :sobbing:

She also has a tendency sometimes to make statements and not back them up with specific examples, like Alex pointed out in another thread, she was quoted calling Jelena horrible, but she didn't go into any specific reasoning as to why she believed that, or what may have happened between them. Then couple that with the fact that the translations are poor and sensationalized in the media (and here), and then it's hard to decipher exactly how certain answers were meant. Cause I saw quotes from Rezai praising Jelena's game, then another one claiming she said Jelena is "okay"... it never adds up.

My point in relation to this situation is only that I think Rezai often just instinctively says what's on the top of her head, and she doesn't peel the layers down to help understand what's underneath that feeling. She'll just give you an honest, on the surface answer. In this case, I believe it to be an answer that was honest, but also one that she probably didn't elaborate on in fear of the potential backlash it may have caused. She played it safe, complimented his leadership, and left. You say there's things she could have said to neutralize the statement, and I agree with you. But I really don't think she thought of that in the moment.

Anyway...

Sander.
May 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Rezai is good for tennis, but out of the court she's a bitch.

pav
May 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
An asset

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Totally fair assessment, and the feeling is mutual with regards to how you presented your opinion.

Couple of things to conclude this on my end - I really don't believe Rezai had a statement prepared. I honestly don't. I think if you go by the interviews and stories that have been published recently, it's not really far-fetched to assume that Rezai is kinda clueless when it comes to media etiquette. Not only that, but she's unaware of when she's being baited by the press to get a juicy quote. To me, it seems like she goes into these things not really thinking of what she's gonna say. Then, as a reporter, you kinda have her at your mercy. :sobbing:

She also has a tendency sometimes to make statements and not back them up with specific examples, like Alex pointed out in another thread, she was quoted calling Jelena horrible, but she didn't go into any specific reasoning as to why she believed that, or what may have happened between them. Then couple that with the fact that the translations are poor and sensationalized in the media (and here), and then it's hard to decipher exactly how certain answers were meant. Cause I saw quotes from Rezai praising Jelena's game, then another one claiming she said Jelena is "okay"... it never adds up.

My point in relation to this situation is only that I think Rezai often just instinctively says what's on the top of her head, and she doesn't peel the layers down to help understand what's underneath that feeling. She'll just give you an honest, on the surface answer. In this case, I believe it to be an answer that was honest, but also one that she probably didn't elaborate on in fear of the potential backlash it may have caused. She played it safe, complimented his leadership, and left. You say there's things she could have said to neutralize the statement, and I agree with you. But I really don't think she thought of that in the moment.

Anyway...

Again, appreciated. You could very well be right. My reaction might be too knee-jerk and not considering the history and context of her media interactions. Well argued, and food for thought. :yeah:

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Yes, she is.

Bitter Bartoli fan I see who is jelous that Bartoli doesn't have Rezai's current success :p

:lol::confused:

Go look at her results page for this year. You'll see that from the AO to Madrid Rezai did SFA in her tournaments. It's called a hot streak that would go largely un-noticed if she wasn't honking her horn so much:)

tennis-insomniac
May 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I hate her she's le bitch although she plays okay but still she worth nothing for tennis just another bitch with some little success

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Anyway...

Not to get deeply involved in this conversation, but regards to this president and playing it safe, etc - wasn't she crying in the video because she was so happy to be meeting the guy? That doesn't suggest to me that she was just playing it safe.

fung627
May 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Exactly! That's what I feel too.
Though I voted "a bitch to boot", she is really interesting to watch.:bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Not to get deeply involved in this conversation, but regards to this president and playing it safe, etc - wasn't she crying in the video because she was so happy to be meeting the guy?
Not that I noticed. :unsure: However, I can see how she might have been moved meeting someone of that stature in her home country. A tear in her eye, which I still don't actually remember seeing, let alone full on crying, wouldn't automatically indicate to me that she's an irrational extremist either. :lol:

Inktrailer
May 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Not that I noticed. :unsure: However, I can see how she might have been moved meeting someone of that stature in her home country. A tear in her eye, which I still don't actually remember seeing, let alone full on crying, wouldn't automatically indicate to me that she's an irrational extremist either. :lol:

Neither to me. I'm pretty sure the video starts with a question to the other woman: "Why is she crying?"

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes. The more characters we have, the better.

Exactly.

Morrissey
May 29th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I dislike Rezai she has this smug expression on her face the girl is NOT a top player. Rezai had one big event. It is hard to believe Rezai beat top players in Madrid because her game looks very pedestrian and boring.

Stevecw
May 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Of course she is, she has brought some much needed excitement to the past couple of weeks.

Needs players like that to stir things up a bit!

homogenius
May 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
yes

WhatTheDeuce
May 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I dislike Rezai she has this smug expression on her face the girl is NOT a top player. Rezai had one big event. It is hard to believe Rezai beat top players in Madrid because her game looks very pedestrian and boring.
I couldn't think of two more opposite adjectives to describe her game. :lol: You're a strange one.

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2010, 10:38 PM
:lol: I'm gonna have to examine YOUR politics.http://i46.tinypic.com/2vlpans.jpg

:lol::lol::angel:

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2010, 10:43 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vlpans.jpg

:lol::lol::angel:
:unsure: Now you're scarin' me.

You do know what your life would be like under a regime like that, don't you?

Corswandt
May 30th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Of course Rezai is grating, and talks way too much shit. BTW I can't for the life of me understand why some people, about Caravane and other players, say stuff to the effect of "let her win a Slam before she talks smack about [...]!". Does this mean that one's ranking and/or accomplishments can entitle someone to talk shit?

BUT

I sense more than a hint of snobbery at the h8ting Caravane gets in here. It's just too close to self-proclaimed "proper tennis fans" looking down at an upstart for comfort.

The "fans of young players just because they are young" hate Caravane's guts, of course, because her career didn't follow the same path as the overhyped, worthless former top juniors they typically worship. It's much the same reason why they hate on Wickmayer.

kaktusino
May 30th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Her attitude and sportsmanship is bad, but compared her tennis to someone like Wozniacki I will vote for Aravane anyday.

RecklessAbandon
May 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Good in the sense that her tennis challenges the best players. But her trash-talking is obnoxious. Seriously. I love her game and fighting spirit, but her hits on Serena, Jelena, and whoever else aggravate me.

But hey, I guess some people enjoy players who start drama...

Inktrailer
May 30th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Of course Rezai is grating, and talks way too much shit. BTW I can't for the life of me understand why some people, about Caravane and other players, say stuff to the effect of "let her win a Slam before she talks smack about [...]!". Does this mean that one's ranking and/or accomplishments can entitle someone to talk shit?

BUT

I sense more than a hint of snobbery at the h8ting Caravane gets in here. It's just too close to self-proclaimed "proper tennis fans" looking down at an upstart for comfort.

The "fans of young players just because they are young" hate Caravane's guts, of course, because her career didn't follow the same path as the overhyped, worthless former top juniors they typically worship. It's much the same reason why they hate on Wickmayer.

I don't care about Aravane's past/career path/family/etc, or whether her behaviour is 'proper' for tennis. I just think she's a pretty obnoxious person, I suspect a lot of the dislike for her is for that reason.

pesto
May 30th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I don't warm to her, but I can't see how a player playing well and with passion can be anything but good for the game. Just hope she keeps it up.

Harvs
May 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
was thinking about this this morning. she really is... her muslim background could bring in a lot more fans to the game, and shes attractive and a realy agressicve player so yes

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2010, 05:46 AM
No. She could only sustain her form for 1 and a half tournaments.

tonybotz
May 30th, 2010, 05:59 AM
any mentally tough bitch who can be a champion is good for tennis. so, no, she's not.

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2010, 07:04 AM
any mentally tough bitch who can be a champion is good for tennis. so, no, she's not.
Epic failure.

Stamp Paid
May 30th, 2010, 07:18 AM
:unsure: Now you're scarin' me.

You do know what your life would be like under a regime like that, don't you?:lol: Im joking, I dont mean to scare you.
I can't imagine what my life would be like under that kind of regime. But hating/hating on Rezai wont make conditions better for all of those people in Iran.
She has an interesting story, she has personality, she has an opinion, and shes not afraid to express it.
This makes her > most of the mindless drones on tour.
But if she says something else smart about Sarin, me and MrSerenaWilliams will gladly snatch her...
http://i50.tinypic.com/20zoi6o.gif

DOUBLEFIST
May 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM
:lol: Im joking, I dont mean to scare you.
I can't imagine what my life would be like under that kind of regime. But hating/hating on Rezai wont make conditions better for all of those people in Iran.
She has an interesting story, she has personality, she has an opinion, and shes not afraid to express it.
This makes her > most of the mindless drones on tour.
But if she says something else smart about Sarin, me and MrSerenaWilliams will gladly snatch her...
http://i50.tinypic.com/20zoi6o.gif

I'm trying not to dislike her. I really am. But, yeah, she will have gone too far if she talks too much shit about Serena. Personally, I feel every player's entitled to talk a little smack, but there is a limit.