May 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Allez!

Rafito.
May 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Dominika :sad:

Onto the grass now.

volta
i liked this match and Dominika :hearts: you played good today but Vee played better :hug:

keep going Venus :drive:

Zeus.
Well done :)

honduran
Vamos!! amor!! Good job Venus

Aaron.
Venus :inlove:

Miss Amor
So happy :sobbing: Well done Venus, you have exceeded my expectations at RG.

Daniel K
Venus :D

Lakeisha's hat :worship:

John.
Past the 3rd Round :banana:

GL against Petrova or Rezai :yeah:

Andy.
Well done Venus.

Acinolbaj
May 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Dominika :sad:

but it was very great match from both ;)

friendsita
Woooooooooohoooooooooo!!! Go Queen!

VIKA?
Domi:sobbing::hug:

vw.
Into the 2nd week for the first time since 2006 :hearts:

Take out Rezai now :armed: Revenge time! :devil:

Kworb
First time in R4 since 2006 :yeah:

Chorophyll
Cibulkova played a winning strategy, but the execution failed her deep into both sets. Venus' 1st serve and defense was the tiebreaker.

RenaSlam.
Back down the rankings where you belong, Domi. :wavey:

Good, clean match from Venus. Keep it up.

ce
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Lakeisha :sobbing:

Noctis
Venus lol at the end forgot to sign camera.
Nice display but cut down errors please and dfs.

friendsita
Lakeisha's hat :worship:
:lol::lol::lol:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM
domi down to about #50 in the ranking :/ shes better than that, hope she can pick it up

volta
Back down the rankings where you belong, Domi. :wavey:

Good, clean match from Venus. Keep it up.

she doesn't :sobbing: she just had no kind of form leading up to RG :(

Dodoboy.
Finally past R3! :banana:

Only managed to see the last game, great match point! Good to see her advancing!

mauresmofan
Venus is impressive so far and this was a potential banana skin. She seems to be a lot more comfortable on the clay this season and has a decent draw so definitely can make the final

Blu€
Domi :sad: so sweet at the end :kiss:

VishaalMaria
Cibulkova played well, her defense was pretty good but Venus played much better.

Onto the 4th round.

debopero
That was absolutely amazing! It was subtle, but amazing! That was one of the best matches I've ever seen her play in the early rounds of a slam.

brickhousesupporter
Goog Job Venus I like it when you get off the court quickly.

I also loved how Venus refused to sign the camera lens. The camera guy was like Venus you have to sign this, and she replied no.....I am good.:lol:

Jienus
May 28th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Vee

Nus

:wavey:

Michael!
:D
Best RG result since 2006 :banana:
Nice match from Venus, strong on first serve, decent on 2nd serve and not too many UEs, good match :)

tennisbum79
Venus already better than the last 2 few yerars.
Only saw the lst 2 games, but the commentators say it was a crisp performance by Venus.

envisiond2010
3rd rd monkey off her back :woohoo: This Cibulkova is such a beauty :hearts:

Slutiana
Venus needs to improve her returning, that was the one thing that let her down. She was very consistent though and only went for the ball when she had the opportunity. The serve was solid too. Good performance! :yeah:

The commentator was obsessing over the dress for the whole match. At the end he was like: "A little Arabesque there... As the bra strap shows through". Just a big, fat WTF! :lol:

brickhousesupporter

She did not forget, she just did not want to.

lizchris
May 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Into the 2nd week for the first time since 2006 :hearts:

Take out Rezai now :armed: Revenge time! :devil:

Rezai has to beat Petrov first and that may be tough.

moby
That was a good match by both. Cibulkova started well in both sets but then faded under pressure. Venus impressed. Held it together well with the sort of shots she normally struggles with - deep, flat, in the body.

I'm rooting for Venus to reach the semis and complete the RG-cycle to add to her AO-cycle. ;)

volta
Venus is impressive so far and this was a potential banana skin. She seems to be a lot more comfortable on the clay this season and has a decent draw so definitely can make the final

yeap, there is a big difference between this Venus and the Venus from 09. The 2010 Venus seems hungrier

jefrilibra
OMG! Venus!!!! :yeah:

Great game!

AcesHigh
Venus stayed steady... and I'm glad she stayed with her aggressive positioning on the court. That forehand is holding together nicely and as I said before.. this is a doable draw.
Petrova is a headcase and Rezai is....Rezai. Venus just needs to keep this form and she may find herself in the semi's

ce
May 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM

:inlove:

Lord Choc Ice
May 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Cibulkova needs to wear outfits that don't flaunt the full length of her chunky legs.

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM

I wonder why?

She didn't even seem that happy walking off the court.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I only saw the 2 games, how was Venus overall performance compared to the 2nd round?

Mikey B
May 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
awful sounds coming from venus today!!!! lol! good luck in next round vee

Juanes
Domi :sobbing:

jimbo mack
good win venus against a potentially very tricky opponent

also good revenge for that lacklustre loss to cibulkova in doha a few years ago :yeah:

ZODIAC
May 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Vee is on fire on clay this year:hearts::bounce:

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I wonder why?

She didn't even seem that happy walking off the court.
Wasn't she pleased with her peformance?
Or is she conerened about an injury that may have happened duinrg the match?

If they show press conference clips, we should cage her mood.

Aaron.
May 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
So happy Venus played really well against a counterpuncher

debopero
May 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I think that the match and serving for it and closing it out then meant a lot to her.

Fabunny
May 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Congratulations Venus on a well played match.:banana::bounce: You defended your Roland Garros points in Madrid so you can SWING FREELY. Keep it going, hon. Raise your level a notch for each round :bounce:

Chance
May 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Vee through to the fourth round :)

Ntosake
May 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Way to go, Venus!

Both played well, but Venus was determined to get it done in 2.

Rafito.
May 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Little pocket Rocket :sobbing:

vwfan
May 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM
solid performance from Venus.

6 ACES!
206 km serve
87% points won on first serve
91% at the net :eek:
positive W/UE differential

and 15-2 on red clay for the year. we'll take.:bounce:

miffedmax
May 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Age test: If I make a Mutt & Jeff reference, who gets it?

winone23
May 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
well done Venus!!!

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
solid performance from Venus.

6 ACES!
206 km serve
87% points won on first serve
91% at the net :eek:
positive W/UE differential

and 15-2 on red clay for the year. we'll take.:bounce:
Nice looking stats

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Venus needs to improve her returning, that was the one thing that let her down. She was very consistent though and only went for the ball when she had the opportunity. The serve was solid too. Good performance! :yeah:

The commentator was obsessing over the dress for the whole match. At the end he was like: "A little Arabesque there... As the bra strap shows through". Just a big, fat WTF! :lol:

Yeah...I know *smh* :tape: :o

Anyway this was a good quality match where both players played well and there were some good rallies and points. Venus was very calm today. She played attacking tennis and was hitting with more depth than in her previous two rounds. Domi found it difficult after a while to handle Venus' serve, although she did manage to break in the first set after Venus played a sloppy service game. But aside from that one game, Venus was very purposeful and quite smart in the way that she served and kept Domi under pressure. Domi's own DFS didn't help her cause any, but she wasn't backing down or intimidated by Venus (except on one or 2 aces that kind of deflated her a little.)

But she didn't roll over in the 2nd set and hit some really decisive forehands to defend her serve and keep herself competitive.

Venus was also solid on the return overall (she hit a mix of errors, tame returns and good returns) and the two players went toe-to-toe in the rallies, and Domi hit a couple of good drop-shots. Vee's netplay however, held up today. Venus was also had a patient mind-set in that she pressed for the bps, but didn't over-do or get down on herself if she didn't get them instantly which was good to see.

Aaand...she was focused from beginning to end and served it out without incident. All in all, a good performance from Venus and Cibulkova.

SoClose
May 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Nice serving from Venus :) Keep it up Vee!!!

Bijoux0021
May 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Goog Job Venus I like it when you get off the court quickly.

I also loved how Venus refused to sign the camera lens. The camera guy was like Venus you have to sign this, and she replied no.....I am good.:lol:
:lol: Really!

Venus! :worship:

ZODIAC
May 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I was scared when she had to serve out the match but she did it
Good luck in your next round VEE!!

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Anyway this was a good quality match where both players played well and there were some good rallies and points. Venus was very calm today. She played attacking tennis and was hitting with more depth than in her previous two rounds. Domi found it difficult after a while to handle Venus' serve, although she did manage to break in the first set after Venus played a sloppy service game. But aside from that one game, Venus was very purposeful and quite smart in the way that she served and kept Domi under pressure. Domi's own DFS didn't help her cause any, but she wasn't backing down or intimidated by Venus (except on one or 2 aces that kind of deflated her a little.)

But she didn't roll over in the 2nd set and hit some really decisive forehands to defend her serve and keep herself competitive.

Venus was also solid on the return overall (she hit a mix of errors, tame returns and good returns) and the two players went toe-to-toe in the rallies, and Domi hit a couple of good drop-shots. Vee's netplay however, held up today. Venus was also had a patient mind-set in that she pressed for the bps, but didn't over-do or get down on herself if she didn't get them instantly which was good to see.

Aaand...she was focused from beginning to end and served it out without incident. All in all, a good performance from Venus and Cibulkova.
Noce report.

I am glad to see that she is focussed, purposeful and alert thorughout the match.

In these 3 matches, she has not had her usual second set lapses.
Hope it satys that way.

ZODIAC
May 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
even Oracene brought her man to the city of love

osseous
May 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Venus. :yeah:

Tennisstar86
Into the 4th round WHAT?!?!?! :lol: Venus hasnt seen the second week here in YEARS. :lol:

Mashabator
Domi :sad: :tears:

Inger67
YES! Passes the 3rd Round. Already a successful RG!

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I love how the real venus fans are just realistic and happy to be in the second week.... :lol:

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Dominika would have won this match against the Venus Williams of any of the previous five years. But Venus really is playing at the best level she has on clay for a very long time this year and in this form she has a real chance of actually winning this tournament something I regarded as pretty near impossible at the start of the clay court season. Immense to credit to her for the work she has obviously put into her game.

I should add the next match whether it is against Rezai or Petrova is going to be a real toughy. But the winner of that match should have a nice run to the finals and be in with decent shot at winning the title.

Adaora
May 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Good job Vee!! Made it past the 3rd at RG for the first time since?????

ZODIAC
May 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Good job Vee!! Made it past the 3rd at RG for the first time since?????2006:lol::tape:

hater
May 28th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Her victory, not relevant. Her tasteless outfit... ewwwwww, D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G

JustPetko
2006:lol::tape:

:lol::lol::lol:

vesanto
Happy for her to cross thia barrier! Next match will be really tough, both against Petrova or Rezai!! Good luck!

tennnisfannn
Into the 4th round WHAT?!?!?! :lol: Venus hasnt seen the second week here in YEARS. :lol:
She ususally spends the first weekend of RG practising for Wimby!

Chance
I love how the real venus fans are just realistic and happy to be in the second week.... :lol:

You should post more in Planet Venus ;)

Great report Midnight Robber.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
WTF:rolleyes:

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
She ususally spends the first weekend of RG practising for Wimby!
A welcome change in 2010

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
You should post more in Planet Venus ;)

Great report Midnight Robber.

:lol: what can i saw I'm a GM junkie.....

dynamoRockstarr
May 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM

How the hell is her victory not relevant? She's currently playing the biggest tournament taking place at the moment.

When you are the second seed of a Grand Slam, you are relevant.

Shut up or I shut you down.

klever58
May 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Vee was too good for Domi... but I liked this match... high level :bounce:

Paneru
May 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Nicely done Venus. :yeah:

Ntosake
May 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM

:worship: Another great analysis, Midnight_Robber, and spot on.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Nice scoreline Vee :bounce:

V-MAC
May 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Such an intelligent display from Vee. She got the balance between offense/defense just right for the most part. Most impressive though is her movement. Sometimes Vee can look awkward moving on the clay but she is moving very confidently on it this season:yeah:
Domi played well too. Good quality match from both:)

winone23
May 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM

If her victory was not relevant why did you waste energy posting about it?

volta
May 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
For sure... i mean let's not kid ourselves , it's not like you need to win matches to win the tournament ...

hurricanejeanne
May 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Domi :awww::hug:

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by hater http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=17855122#post17855122)

If her victory was not relevant why did you waste energy posting about it?
The poster's name is hater.

S/he has been member since 2005, this is only his/her 55th post.
Maybe hater just wants to make a big splash living up to his/her name whenever s/he posts.

2Black
May 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Good Job Venus ... Now stay off twitter & you should be fine in the 4th round. I don't need to read any tweets from you. Stay focused :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Expected outcome. Domi :hug:

darrinbaker00
May 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Age test: If I make a Mutt & Jeff reference, who gets it?
I do, Max. :yeah:

RecklessAbandon
May 28th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Good job Venus!

I hope she thrashes Rezai, assuming Rezai beats Petrova.

azinna
May 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Oh yes. Hardened souls, we are. Confident about the future, but celebrating the present.

Keep that focus, Venus!

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Being reaslistic is good for your balance, but dreaming make life exciting.
And Venus fan base has both:lol:

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Good Job Venus ... Now stay off twitter & you should be fine in the 4th round. I don't need to read any tweets from you. Stay focused :lol:
Whow, you are leaving nothing to chance!!

hankqq
May 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Venus fans, we've reached the good life now :rocker2: She broke her 3 year-3rd rd losing streak!! :hysteric: :sobbing: Go Venus go!! more wins would be awesome.

Ferg
May 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Poor Domi and Sammy, getting terrible draws to make it so hard to defend their points.

Serenita
May 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
:bounce: KEEEP GOINGGGGGGGG

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Venus fans, we've reached the good life now :rocker2: She broke her 3 year-3rd rd losing streak!! :hysteric: :sobbing: Go Venus go!! more wins would be awesome.

:aparty: Honestly, I don't care what happens from now on this tournament with Vee lol. More wins would be amazing but I'm happy she made the 4th round

sky20748
May 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Venus congrats on your win. You rocked it out. Went out on court with a purpose and agenda and achieved both. On to the next one.Sorry Domi love you as well but it was the Queens day today.

Bremen
May 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Venus really is impressive on clay this year. Who would have predicted it?

V's a star
May 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Venus really is impressive on clay this year. Who would have predicted it?

Matt01?

Calypso
May 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm lovin Venus' play at RG this year:yeah:, serving well and playing solid consistent tennis and not rushing to hit winners against persistent opponents.

Also absent at this year's RG are the shanked forehands and the errorfest that can sometimes plague her tennis.

If she keeps this up, she'll have a shot to go really far in this tournament.... allez:cool:!

Shinjiro
May 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Very convincing stuff Venus.

Love her corset dress — that, and Domi's face (and the rest, in fact) make it a must DL, ahah. :drool:

debopero
May 28th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Venus :) !

sweetpeas
May 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM
:kiss::wavey:

Sally Todd
May 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Keep winning Venus.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF TENNIS.

rickxx
May 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Domi:sad::sad:

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Saw some good stuff from Venus. Keep it up. It is only going to get more difficult!

silyaunWILLIAMS
May 28th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Vee! Keep owning!

bbjpa
May 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
:bigcry:

Emina.
May 28th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Congrats Venus!!! Well done!!! :yeah: :worship: :)

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM
She satys focussed and closes out matches right away. That is a good isgn.

Forehand good today, but not as solid as the 2 round.
However, she is playing the important point very well.

Chakvenus
May 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
great win Vee - i was almost expecting a similar travesty like with Szavay last year :tape: :tape:
glad you played well, and Domi too!
wish i could have seen this match! GL on the grass Domi, you'll get your ranking back up soon enough!!

Cam'ron Giles
May 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Who is Lakiesha and what's with the hat? Oh...is that Richard's girlfriend? I thought for a second it was the Chinese girl who had gave herself a similar name...:lol:

nadlinds
May 28th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Another good win Venus :)

:bounce::bounce:

cn ireland
May 28th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Survived R3:woohoo:!

Now build on this Venus;)

volta
May 28th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Who is Lakiesha and what's with the hat? Oh...is that Richard's girlfriend? I thought for a second it was the Chinese girl who had gave herself a similar name...:lol:

yeap

Larrybidd
May 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cibulkova needs to wear outfits that don't flaunt the full length of her chunky legs.

I love that girls legs. Thighs..calves..the whole shebang..She's a cute little bundle. Dig watching her.

tonybotz
May 29th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I love that girls legs. Thighs..calves..the whole shebang..She's a cute little bundle. Dig watching her.

ditto. she is power!

gmokb
May 29th, 2010, 05:36 AM
It was a good day at the office for WS fans.:D

First Serena, now Venus:worship:

Keep the wins coming ladies, just keep it up:bounce::bounce:

kwilliams
May 29th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Go Venus! Well done.

Good luck in the next round!!

V's a star
May 29th, 2010, 06:56 AM
No video yet? :sad:

Serenita
May 29th, 2010, 06:59 AM
No video yet? :sad:
nothing..

mapaliey
May 29th, 2010, 08:12 AM
wow domi,kuzy and safina will lost a lot of points........

Carotastrophe
May 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Domi :tears: Venus :yeah:

sipnsurfMurph
May 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Vee!

Proud Vee nut saying sorry I'm tardy and keep it the hell up!