View Full Version : Paris R2: D. Hantuchova(23) d. O. Govortsova 7-5 6-3

G&R
May 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Dani:hearts:
only BPs conversions are quite low

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Good stuff Dani!
Good luck in what could be a tough 3rd round.

Michael!
Pretty bad service stats from both but glad that Daniela could win in, good fight in first set after break down, 2nd set should have been easier but she won it at least in 2 sets! :)

TheBoiledEgg
well done Daniela :)
Olga was up a break in set 1 :sad:

SVK
May 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM
:banana:

VIKA?
May 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Danka:D:yeah:

Duramont
May 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Daniela :woohoo:

Lots of breaks during this match.

klever58
May 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
good performance Dani!who is next on the list?? :bounce:

Otlichno
May 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
34 winner to 10 unforced errors :cheer: Govortsova herself didn't have bad stats either but Daniela was too good I guess.

Pasta-Na
May 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
well done dani :)

Richie's
May 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
It could have been much more easier. Hantuchova hold SP on 5-4 1st set. On second set have 3 bp's for *2-0. Well, at the last stages of 2nd set, Dani lost her focus and her serve. Still nice match with few UE's. That's good.

Wickmayer is next opponent (most probably). Nina came back from 1-4 in TB 1st set to take it (4) and now she is 0-3 in 2nd.

Daniela will win the match against Wickmayer tomorrow.

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 01:51 PM
good performance Dani!who is next on the list?? :bounce:

Wickmayer or Bammer. Wickmayer is 1 set ahead at the moment but Bammer is 4-0 up in the 2nd.

So Disrespectful
May 28th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Nicely done. R3 at RG is a pretty good performance for Dani, but she's certainly not without her chances against Bammer/Wickmayer.

Fantasy Hero
May 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM
well done :woohoo: finally one of my faves wins today :yeah:

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Destroy Wickmayer/Bammer in the next round, pls.

Acinolbaj
May 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Daniela is showing solid tennis. Hopefully she can beat her next opponent and then pobably JJ. :devil:

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Daniela :)

TennisPlayingFox
May 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Solid win for Dani, hopefully she can keep it up in her next match!

NyCPsU
May 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
:bounce:

Blu€
May 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Dani :D keep going!

Juanes
May 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
:yeah: come on, Daniela!!! :D

MisterMan
May 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
she actually has a decent chance to get to the Qtrs and dare i say, Semi's.

She can beat an ailing Wickmayer (or 'has been' Bammer.
She's lined up to face Jankovic in the Quarters, whom she just beat a few weeks ago.
That would get her to the Semi's (where she'll get bageled by Serena, haha)

Improbable but also possible.

Derek.
May 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Daniela! :woohoo:

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Very pleased to see Dani have a good tournament here. Another win however would really make it an excellent run and it is not at all impossible. Would be cool to see Dani go for a hat trick of clay court wins this year against Jelena in the 4th round.

Belmont Lad
May 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Very nice Daniela! :kiss: I definitely feel she has a shot against Yanina in the next round if she keeps up her clay court form of this season. In any event, well done! :cheer2:

monmonito
May 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM
nice win Dani...GL again Yanina...

just do your best...

i know you can do it!

DimaDinosaur
May 28th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Daniela clean up your act

mapaliey
May 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
congrats danka...goodluck against wickmayer

Josh.
May 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Daniela :hearts:

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Daniela is showing solid tennis. Hopefully she can beat her next opponent and then pobably JJ. :devil:

she actually has a decent chance to get to the Qtrs and dare i say, Semi's.

She can beat an ailing Wickmayer (or 'has been' Bammer.
She's lined up to face Jankovic in the Quarters, whom she just beat a few weeks ago.
That would get her to the Semi's (where she'll get bageled by Serena, haha)

Improbable but also possible.

Very pleased to see Dani have a good tournament here. Another win however would really make it an excellent run and it is not at all impossible. Would be cool to see Dani go for a hat trick of clay court wins this year against Jelena in the 4th round.

Very nice Daniela! :kiss: I definitely feel she has a shot against Yanina in the next round if she keeps up her clay court form of this season. In any event, well done! :cheer2:

UHHHH OHHHH, Once Hantuchova fans have expectations, that's when Daniela is most likely to disappoint. Looks like Yickmayer is gonna win next round because Daniela simply can't beat someone she's expected to beat = #1 rule in DH's career

rockstar
May 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM
UHHHH OHHHH, Once Hantuchova fans have expectations, that's when Daniela is most likely to disappoint. Looks like Yickmayer is gonna win next round because Daniela simply can't beat someone she's expected to beat = #1 rule in DH's career

true dat. i wouldn't get my hopes up

fervor
May 29th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Her play depends on her accuracy, which tends to go out the door when her nerves get a hold of her. The mental game can be quite huge for Dani.

Danči Dementia
May 29th, 2010, 03:30 AM
come on Dani!!!

:bounce:

Josh.
May 29th, 2010, 08:03 AM

Probably the only time, and I stress, the only time I will agree with you.

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Daniella is soooo frustrating. I've always enjoyed watching her play and I always think..."wow..she is going to finally take that big step up and make her mark" but so many years and it's still not happening. For all the true Dani fans out there...I ask what is the deal? Is it mental...or just not enough of a weapon...or just bad fate???? I want her to have at least that one big moment in a slam when she beats a Serena or a Justine...do you think it could ever happen?

Acinolbaj
May 29th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Daniella is soooo frustrating. I've always enjoyed watching her play and I always think..."wow..she is going to finally take that big step up and make her mark" but so many years and it's still not happening. For all the true Dani fans out there...I ask what is the deal? Is it mental...or just not enough of a weapon...or just bad fate???? I want her to have at least that one big moment in a slam when she beats a Serena or a Justine...do you think it could ever happen?

Daniela has already beaten Serena in a slam. :yeah: But then she lost to Sharapova. :sad:

I think she lacks mentally. She had her chances in A0 2008 and she could play the final that year. :sobbing:

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Daniela has already beaten Serena in a slam. :yeah: But then she lost to Sharapova. :sad:

I think she lacks mentally. She had her chances in A0 2008 and she could play the final that year. :sobbing:

Oh sorry...I was afraid that was going to happen :) when and what major did she beat Serena in (as I hide in shame as a bad tennis fan)

Acinolbaj
May 29th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Oh sorry...I was afraid that was going to happen :) when and what major did she beat Serena in (as I hide in shame as a bad tennis fan)

It was 3R in AO 2006 ;) Serena was not playing her “grandslam“ tennis, but still it was Serena and big win for Dani.

Bonfire
May 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM
It was 3R in AO 2006 ;) Serena was not playing her “grandslam“ tennis, but still it was Serena and big win for Dani.

Sweet! Yeah...I kind of missed out on alot of the 2005-2007 tennis because I was in tennis depression because of the whole "Capriati forced into early retirement thing" so thanks for the reply :)

Hedgehog
May 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Oh Olga :o

Carotastrophe
May 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Olga :o

Cosmologist
May 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Probably the only time, and I stress, the only time I will agree with you.

I think you two are the best haters of Daniela.