PDA

View Full Version : BBC - ATP Fest

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Nadal
Federer
Murray

oh we get 10 minutes of Henin winning 3 games from the WTA. who wants to watch those 3 players everytime they play :( Not Happy on a day of top WTA action.

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Especially when Eurosport shows the same matches!

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM
thank God for the internet!

John.
I hear you :fiery:

The Dawntreader
*cough* PATRIACHY *cough*

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
they did show Serena's full match

Mikey B
May 28th, 2010, 11:33 AM
thank God for the internet!

:worship:

Adrian.
May 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
MUG Tennis Coverage:hysteric:

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
where can i watch online legally wqithout a delay feed? and im not in France so ORange Sport is not an option.

Dave.
May 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM

That was a nice surprise. I was so sure they were going to start with Nadal.

Still, WTA coverage on the BBC is so little. Even the men's coverage is poor apart from 3 players. Imagine how much more diverse and fun it would be if you took out Fed, Nadal and Murray.

Mikey B
May 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
where can i watch online legally wqithout a delay feed? and im not in France so ORange Sport is not an option.

i go to fromsport.com and they have streams of a lot of the courts.. not sure how legal it is, i think its pretty legit...

http://www.fromsport.com/a-0/0/0/a-58.html

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM

yep, it is not the bbc's fault it was over in 20 mins with goerges barely getting a ball in court.

Raz0r
May 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Haven't seen Sharapova at all :(

Mikey B
May 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM

livescorehunter has a picture perfect stream

Raz0r
May 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Can't watch livestreams due to my hopelessly slow connection :sad:

ShimSham
May 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
i go to fromsport.com and they have streams of a lot of the courts.. not sure how legal it is, i think its pretty legit...

http://www.fromsport.com/a-0/0/0/a-58.html

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html

Thanks for the links. Getting real sick of the lack of Women's Tennis coverage. Yesterday was torture. Murray, Murray and more Murray for hours.

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
You just know he's going to have another 5-set "thriller" today :rolleyes:

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM

it has got 4 hours written all over it, and non stop coverage on bbci and eurosport :o

John.
May 28th, 2010, 12:59 PM

And it'll be pulled out for any more rain delays :rolleyes:

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
And it'll be pulled out for any more rain delays :rolleyes:

yep with rain scheduled tomorrow im sure 2 or 3 airings of it will be on the cards :sad:

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Oh good grief. They should use rain delays to show us the matches that didn't have a chance to air like Venus and Domi!

John.
May 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
yep with rain scheduled tomorrow im sure 2 or 3 airings of it will be on the cards :sad:

:timebomb:

Zeus.
May 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM

You are quite optimistic, when I checked moments ago, the rain isn't going to leave until early Tuesday :sobbing:

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 01:14 PM
You are quite optimistic, when I checked moments ago, the rain isn't going to leave until early Tuesday :sobbing:

make that 7 or 8 airings of it then :help:

The Dawntreader
May 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm actually watching Murder She Wrote due to this SHIT coverage.

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 01:18 PM

angela lansbury :worship: bednobs and broomsticks is the shit! :hearts:

John.
May 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM

:scared: Jessica the jinx - Never invite her over for a visit

The Dawntreader
May 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
angela lansbury :worship: bednobs and broomsticks is the shit! :hearts:

:lol:

Taking of 'nobs', i see Murray is on now...

The Dawntreader
May 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM

She's such a killjoy:lol:

Zeus.
May 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM

I loved those series, gotta love the retired woman solving everything :sobbing:

sammy01
May 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM

cabot cove's death rate was 2 a year until she showed up, then they started dropping like flies :lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Sausage fest :inlove:

cellophane
May 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
De Fucker and Tsonga are going to go at it for 4 hours :sobbing:

cellophane
May 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM
De Fucker and Tsonga are going to go at it for 4 hours :sobbing:

:sad:

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 03:26 PM
as if Haggis wasnt annoying enough he tries and makes every match as long as possible whilst moaning in match :rolleyes:

Reptilia
May 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Murray is so god dam boring! I wouldn't mind it if they put other ATP matches on, but this....:(

cellophane
May 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
They'll have to postpone Nadia vs. Rezai at this point if they keep going at this pace :fiery:

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM
by the time the men reach the semi finals they are all injured, if i had my way the first 3 rounds of mens matches in slams would all be best of 3

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
anyway Murray is almost over, will they stay on court to show Wozniak v Demi, off course not! lets switvch to Tsonga v De Bakker

Escape
May 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM

ES did show a few games of her match against Pervak :lol:
But then they switched to some ATP match.

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
now they gonna show Tsonga vs De Bakker :o

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
:o :o ATP now, Eurosport showing same match..

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM
quite ridiculous both ES and BBC :rolleyes:

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2010, 04:13 PM
w/e ESPN 2 showing Serena.....prolly followed by Federer... Do we really need to see some 1,1,4,0,4 sets? No....I dont think so...

I dont even understand this... this is the first day they havent showed live tennis when they came on... with all the people playing today..... Lame...

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I want to shoot my own FOOT! You have GOT to be kidding me!

Raz0r
May 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
God I hate men's tennis :o

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2010, 04:18 PM
They pick the SHITTEST men's matches to follow, first Muggay, then THIS!

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Finally Eurosport comes to their senses!

Dave.
May 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM
They said Tsonga-De-Bakker was a bonus match which tells me they're planning on not showing Rezai-Petrova at all. :fiery:

Chorophyll
May 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Get current, Pumpkin. Streams.

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM
If ES don't show Rezai/Petrova heads will roll.

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
now ES show the Toad :help:

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
He's going to wrap that up soon so hopefully they'll move back to Rezai/Petrova.

gentenaire
May 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
now ES show the Toad :help:

ugh!

allrounder
May 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Yay now a replay of Justine V Klara instead of live tennis :rolleyes:

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 05:00 PM
i dont beleive this,2 WTA matches on main courts, BBCi stop coverage and Eurosport showing Soderling :fiery:

swissmr
BBC are ridiculous.

TheBoiledEgg
i got a feeling ES will show Cilic who's in 5th set

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
correct Cilic, and then maybe some wta?

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
correct Cilic, and then maybe some wta?

i bet its Murray replay then Game Set and Mats

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM
^^Don't make predictions you're getting them correct!

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
i bet its Murray replay then Game Set and Mats

Will be :o if that happens...

thenj
May 28th, 2010, 05:30 PM

Angela Lansbury = hbic

ES over here is showing Cilic vs Mayer :mad:

Polikarpov
May 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I hope we're getting Cilic and Mayer as well. We have Petrova-Rezai on and it's shit.

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Why is Cilic toying with us. Win the match already!
Edit: And he did!

leebeasy
May 28th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Wozniack-Dementieva now.

Chloť&TheRubySun
May 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I've sent a complaint to the BBC, they have an option if you want to reply, and when I've complained before I've been given a proper response from them not some generic reply. Here's the address if others want to complain (which unless we want an ATP filled Wimbledon I suggest people do):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

Here's what I said:

After watching the French open tennis on the BBC red button service there is a lot of coverage of the mens' game and very little of the women. Just today I have seen 3 mens' matches today and just the last 3 games of a WTA match that finished much earlier in the day. I accept that Andrew Murray matches take precedence but surely there should be equal amounts of coverage between the top men and the top women, I've seen the top men but not the top women (of which 5 big names played today but no coverage of any).

I also want to ask if this will be the same for Wimbledon will only the men's matches make it on to BBC1 and BBC2 with the WTA matches relegated to the red button service, which has been the case of previous years?

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Dementieva going to a dramtic final set..so they switch to Kuz match, brilliant.

JonBcn
May 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Somebody ask the BBC if they can scrap 'Today at Wimbledon' and replace it with something like 'Game Set and Mats', please.

allrounder
May 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Somebody ask the BBC if they can scrap 'Today at Wimbledon' and replace it with something like 'Game Set and Mats', please.
:yeah:

It would at least get John Inverdale off our screens :o

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I love how all the good womens matches have come when BBC and ES have basically abandoned coverage!

edificio
May 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Can't watch livestreams due to my hopelessly slow connection :sad:

So frustrating, right? So much buffering. Luckily, I have a faster connection now. Even 100 mps makes a difference. You should try to get a faster connection, if you can.

gentenaire
May 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
That's three tight three set women's matches going on at the same time. At least the women have timed it so that we can watch the last few games of every match.

Zeus.
May 28th, 2010, 08:01 PM
So frustrating, right? So much buffering. Luckily, I have a faster connection now. Even 100 mps makes a difference. You should try to get a faster connection, if you can.

100mbps? of course that makes a difference, that's the fastest commercial internet atm :help:

Chloť&TheRubySun
Jun 8th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Just got a response from the BBC and thought I would post it here:

Thanks for your e-mail about ĎFrench Open Tennis 2010í.

I understand that you feel that our coverage has been weighed more in favour of the menís matches rather than the womenís. I note that you feel that we should show equal coverage of both the menís and womenís matches.

The choice of which matches to show is very difficult. We have to chose carefully which matches to chose based on which we feel will be most acceptable to our audiences, however we do not expect everyone to agree with our choice all of the time.

I can assure you that there is no intended bias to weigh our coverage in favour of the menís matches over the womenís. We also only have the rights to broadcast certain matches as our coverage of theí French Opení is shared with other broadcasters, so we are unable to show as many matches live as we would have liked.

I do appreciate however the strength of your views regarding our coverage therefore please be assured that Iíve registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback thatís circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Kind Regards

Claire Jordan

I really hope that Wimbledon gets more fair coverage and I understand their reasons for their RG coverage they did need to share their coverage with British Eurosport. I suppose we just have to wait and see.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
:yeah:

It would at least get John Inverdale off our screens :o

he'd be in the Annabel role :lol:

Doc
Jun 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Reading between the lines (I've complained to the BBC before), this means that your complaint has been noted, but they haven't acknowledged that they've done anyting wrong - or promised to change things in future.But of course the BBC rarely does this. So the more complaints they get, the better.

I'm a bit worried about what's going to happen with Wimbledon now that Freeview is down to one Red Button Channel (301), rather than the two that existed before the move to HD. That is going tto limit choice even further.

And as long as Inverdale and his like are involved in BBC coverage, we will ontinue to see a trivialising and sidelining of the womens' game.

Slutiana
Jun 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Just got a response from the BBC and thought I would post it here:

I really hope that Wimbledon gets more fair coverage and I understand their reasons for their RG coverage they did need to share their coverage with British Eurosport. I suppose we just have to wait and see.
I love that they got a woman to reply back so it wouldn't seem sexist. :lol:

toxina90
Jun 8th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I'm already cringing at the robots Barker and co. talking about Murray 99% of the coverage :o

JonBcn
Jun 9th, 2010, 06:57 AM
The rain delays are soooooo bad, Andrew Castle makes me want to gnaw my own leg off at the knee. He's not bad when commentating because at least he knows his technical stuff, but when he's sat there during a break with Sue and Greg or whoever, his inner GMTV/Alan Partridge/local radio DJ takes over: "Hey, what about poor old Reverand Soandso *blathers on about some vicar that once picked up a tennis racquet in Andrew's village when he was a child*?"

"Congratulations to some bloke I once met and his wife who had a baby yesterday, wow they're gonna be really busy..."

I'm such a masochist for these things though. Yesterday I was like "ooh, a rain delay!" *sits down, turns up volume*