PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell: Sharapova to play on Court No. 2!!!

thegreendestiny
May 28th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Is this what she has been reduced to? :help:

She played on Court No.1 yesterday. Does this mean goodbye to Centercourtpova? :tape:

gc-spurs
May 28th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Actually she played court 2 yesterday..

earthcrystal
May 28th, 2010, 05:41 AM
You need a fact checker, my friend. Maria started this match on court #2. It's my understanding that matches are always finished on the same court they started on.

s_j
May 28th, 2010, 05:42 AM
They had to squeeze in as many matches as possible due to the rain... She was put on court 2. Once you start on a court, you finish on that court.

it-girl
May 28th, 2010, 05:45 AM
This is not a big deal. It's not like she is the defending champ or something. Then I would be wondering why she was on court 2.

earthcrystal
May 28th, 2010, 05:49 AM
FTR, the real bombshell of today's OOP is Fed on Lenglen. Hee!

Langers
May 28th, 2010, 05:54 AM
About time too. Federer always gets what he wants, maybe this is the 1st time ever he's displeased with his schedule?

Inger67
May 28th, 2010, 05:59 AM
About time too. Federer always gets what he wants, maybe this is the 1st time ever he's displeased with his schedule?

You know he is arguably the best male tennis player of all time right? :rolleyes:

Lin Lin
May 28th, 2010, 06:02 AM
:help:

Mightymirza
May 28th, 2010, 06:03 AM
About time ;). Justine is the queen on RG..

Singleniacki
May 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Who says he asks to be on centre court all the time, which is where he obviously deserves to be.

Your almost always gonna have quality tennis from him.

As for sharapova on court 2, it's not really a bombshell, especially with the crazy french scheduling.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Match started there. The only match i can remember that was moved to another court after starting was Maria/ Venus Wimbledon 2007.....but i think they only played like 4 points before the rain came...

saska77
May 28th, 2010, 06:29 AM

:help: how do you know he asks for it? He is the best player, always providing best entertainment = he gets to play on court where most people will see him. EEEASY YES?

And with the madness of RG anyone could end up on any court, antymie. Even in the middle of the night :)

mankind
May 28th, 2010, 06:45 AM

Actually, every year Federer puts in requests to play on Lenglen.

As for the Sharapova thing, I don't think it's surprising at all. She's not top 10, the Parisian crowd dislike her, and it's her worst surface.

s_j
May 28th, 2010, 06:48 AM
She's not top 10, the Parisian crowd dislike her, and it's her worst surface.

One of those is fact and the other two are very much subjective at the moment.

Rafito.
May 28th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Well, Have you seen how many matches have to be played tomorrow? :o
They are squeezing as much people as they can on all different courts.

mankind
May 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM
One of those is fact and the other two are very much subjective at the moment.

It is her worst surface. What would you suggest her worst surface would be then - grass? Hard? Indoor? Absolutely not.
And the Parisian crowd never really support her, because (a) the shrieking (like Nadal and Serena, whom the crowd also generally do not support), (b) she's not French (c) she doesn't speak French.

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 28th, 2010, 06:57 AM
She played Lenglen in the first round and was supposed to play on Court 1. But then because of the rain delay they had to move her to Court 2.

clonesheep
May 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
This is just the continuation of the decline of Sharapova's stature, in the eyes of WTA big money promoters anyway. It all began after the season of Camilla Belle. Now there's a shadow casting on the minds of promoters and WTA high priests that Maria may in fact be a butch lesbian. They no longer put her front and center for promotion because who knows Maria might come out someday. The fact that Sharapova have not done well on court gave them an easy excuse to ignore her. Remember that Kournikova was always front and center even when she was not winning matches. So you see the difference.

I used to dislike Sharapova but, after the Camilla episode, after realizing the agony she might have been enduring of not being able to be herself, not even being allowed to date the girl she loves, I now have sympathy for her.

Slutiana
May 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
This is just the continuation of the decline of Sharapova's stature, in the eyes of WTA big money promoters anyway. It all began after the season of Camilla Belle. Now there's a shadow casting on the minds of promoters and WTA high priests that Maria may in fact be a butch lesbian. They no longer put her front and center for promotion because who knows Maria might come out someday. The fact that Sharapova have not done well on court gave them an easy excuse to ignore her. Remember that Kournikova was always front and center even when she was not winning matches. So you see the difference.

I used to dislike Sharapova but, after the Camilla episode, after realizing the agony she might have been enduring of not being able to be herself, not even being allowed to date the girl she loves, I now have sympathy for her.
Just shut up. :tape: They threw her onto that court so she could start at the same time as Zakopalova for when they play in the third rounf match, and most matches get finished on the court they began on. Calm down, drama queens.

jamatthews
May 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
It is her worst surface. What would you suggest her worst surface would be then - grass? Hard? Indoor? Absolutely not.
And the Parisian crowd never really support her, because (a) the shrieking (like Nadal and Serena, whom the crowd also generally do not support), (b) she's not French (c) she doesn't speak French.

Her last Grass court title was in 2005 and the last time she made it past the 4R at Wimbledon was 2006.

madmax
May 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM

:rolleyes::lol:

cellophane
May 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM

What kind of hard drugs have you been taking?

Привет
May 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/gifs/Untitled-58.gif

No words, no words... :sobbing:

People need to realise that Court 2 is probably just about where Masha belongs. She's not a former/defending champion. She's not an in-form player. She's not top 10. She's not French. The only reason she'd be put on a big showcourt right now would be because of her fame.

Marilyn Monheaux
May 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6170/bsflag.gif

Lysias
May 28th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Sometimes I wonder why people are so eager to show their stupidness.:help:

Mashabator
May 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
What is this!!!11111 so rude!!11!!!
Nahh just joking, we will still get to see her anyway, doesnt matter to me :shrug:

tenn_ace
May 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
why is this thread still not closed?

LCS
May 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM
LOL at people always bitching about court assignment :lol:

LCS
May 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM

crazyy stuff :spit:

Mauresmo anyone? She kept on playing centre courts wherever she played.

Vaidisova Ruled
May 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Sometimes I wonder why people are so eager to show their stupidness.:help:
I think that person was joking. If not :tape::tape: