PDA

View Full Version : TTC "French Open Tonight" Coverage Has Just 1 Commentator : IT Sucks

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I am watching JJ vs Kanepi on TTC, but there is only a single commentator.

it sound very creepy and strange listening to a lobe voice trying to fill the silence.

There is no interaction with anybody to talk about different aspect of the game.

There is an eerie feeling about it.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 01:11 AM
And they chance announcer in the middle of the mathc, w/o warning

Kworb
May 28th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Dutch Eurosport almost always has only one commentator at a time. :shrug: Nothing weird about it.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Dutch Eurosport almost always has only one commentator at a time. :shrug: Nothing weird about it.
Well , we are used to having 2, and it sound very stange with one.

Maybe Eurosport knows how to make it nmore interesting with one commentator
It ain't workiing for TTC

LeonHart
May 28th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I'm used to it. Most of the time it's only 1 commentator when you watch it on ESPN360 or tennischannel.com stream.

Aravanecaravan
May 28th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Adler doesn't have the best voice, or, for that matter, much of a knowledge of women's tennis. He frequently is part of ESPN's multi-court coverage on Directv I think.

OTOH, some of the Brits they've got doing solo coverage on the tennischannel.com streaming coverage are pretty good.

mckyle.
May 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I like how you make a thread for every thought that goes through your mind.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Adler doesn't have the best voice, or, for that matter, much of a knowledge of women's tennis. He frequently is part of ESPN's multi-court coverage on Directv I think.

OTOH, some of the Brits they've got doing solo coverage on the tennischannel.com streaming coverage are pretty good.
Some commentator sounds like like golf coverage: long psuses

I wrote TTC to complain.

tennisbum79
May 28th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I like how you make a thread for every thought that goes through your mind.
I pay extra for my TTC.

Do you know there is also athread for ESPN gripes?

Serena y Monica
May 28th, 2010, 02:53 AM
1 voice or not...I'd die w/out d/tv multi court coverage any thing is better than ESPN n the Tennis Channel.

Mightymirza
May 28th, 2010, 03:04 AM
He is soo borrinnggg.. Talking all the time!

viele
May 28th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Tennis Channel and Directv have the multi court coverage of FO and they have generally been using one commentator for these matches. When they show matches on French Open Tonight that were not covered during the actual Tennis Channel broadcast then they must use the directv footage. I agree some of the single commentary is not the best but the Directv multi court is a godsend. It is great to see more than what is shown on TC or ESPN and I can avoid them when they are showing their endless and inane commentary and features when all I want to see is the tennis!

stangtennis
May 28th, 2010, 05:55 AM
At least TTC doesn't have "Babs Undercover" with Barbara Schett, shown daily during Eurosport's nighttime Roland Garros magazine "Game, Set and Mats".
Omg. that's embarrassing. :help: :help: :help:

What was Eurosport thinking?

Babs Undercover at Roland Garros (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/23052010/58/babs-undercover-roland-garros.html)
Eurosport's roving reporter Barbara Schett gives us a glimpse behind the scenes at the French Open.

Babs Undercover: Players' prayers (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/24052010/58/babs-undercover-players-prayers.html)
Barbara Schett asks some top players what one skill they would like God to add to their game.

Babs undercover: Why does Fed not sweat (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/27052010/58/babs-undercover-fed-sweat.html)
Barbara Schett looks for the answer to that mysterious question - why does Roger Federer never sweat?

stangtennis
May 28th, 2010, 06:13 AM
The same with Danish Eurosport's tennis coverage, only one commentator. Most of the Danish Eurosport commentators are former ATP or WTA players themselves.
During the late afternoon Eurosport switch to live Giro d'Italia cycling coverage, but they always have two Danish commentators.
The only interaction the Eurosport tennis commentators have is with the viewers who can SMS questions during matches, and the commentators will answer some of them during the match.
During Grand Slams Eurosport often cover two live matches simultaneously on Eurosport 1 + 2 at the same time though.

The ATP tour is not covered by Eurosport, they only cover the WTA tour and the Grand Slams for both men and women. In Denmark TV2 Sport has the broadcasting rights for the ATP and they have two commentators, a journalist + a former ATP player.

stangtennis
May 28th, 2010, 06:28 AM
And they chance announcer in the middle of the mathc, w/o warning
Danish Eurosport usually change commentators between matches, but sometimes also during matches, especially some long matches.
But they always warn about being replaced by him or her after the commercial break.
It would seem strange just to replace the commentator in the middle of a match without introducing the new commentator.

DemWilliamsGulls
May 28th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I have not seen not one tennis match man..the coverage sucks if you do not have the tennis channel. I have AT&T uverse I love it but they dont have the tennis channel. I think ESPN 2 picks up some coverage but not a lot.

edificio
May 28th, 2010, 07:21 AM

it sound very creepy and strange listening to a lobe voice trying to fill the silence.

There is no interaction with anybody to talk about different aspect of the game.

Really? I've been watching TTC with the single commentator, and I don't mind it at all (unless it is Elise Bergin or Katrina Adams). I actually enjoy it more when there are no commentators, but I admit to sometimes losting track of the score. If the duo team has good chemistry and isn't ridiculously negative, I don't mind, but I prefer one or none. Also, when I've watched online, they do warn that another commentator is coming in. They don't seem to go beyond an hour, usually only 45 minutes per lone commentator.

I have not seen not one tennis match man..the coverage sucks if you do not have the tennis channel. I have AT&T uverse I love it but they dont have the tennis channel. I think ESPN 2 picks up some coverage but not a lot.

If you have broadband, Tennis Channel is showing the matches live (and archived) online (I don't know if it works if you are not in the U.S. or are in Canada, though). Try this URL: http://tennischannel.rayv.com/Video/Location.aspx?l=100&q=SD

Langers
May 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM

It's not mr 1 man show James (I think it's James or Kevin or something...) Skinner is it? He always commentates by hismelf and he's horrible. He never shuts up and has an annoying voice. :help:

stangtennis
May 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM
but I admit to sometimes losting track of the score.
Don't they have an on screen scoreboard on American TV?