PDA

View Full Version : Jelena : Serena said that i have nice dress not I'm not Justine

-NAJ-
May 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
:lol:
Q. One more question: You had that great win over Serena in Rome, and then at the end there was the whole thing about the hand. Then she came up to you at net and appeared to apologize in some way, saying she wasn't trying to stop it? Did she say, I'm not Justine, or I'm not like Justine? What do you remember?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't want to comment on that, because that's between me and Serena, and, you know, she said that I have a nice dress and a nice size, you know, after the match. (laughter.)

So I don't really want to comment on whatever she said. It doesn't really matter for the public. It's ‑‑ you know, we are ‑‑ we played a tough match. It was a great match. We played good tennis, and that's what matters.

Sometimes there are gonna be some weird moments, but because we're very competitive, we want to ‑‑ we want to win. I mean, it's not like we are having a picnic out there or a charity match. This is a professional sport. We want to ‑‑ I mean, both of us want to win, and that's actually ‑‑ it's a big battle, and sometimes things happen, but sometimes you don't mean it, and you're under this atmosphere whereas sometimes you cannot control your emotions and that can be difficult.

Overall, you know, it was a good match. That's what I want to remember it as, and I won both ‑‑ I won against both Williams sisters in less than 24 hours, so it was a pretty good tournament for me, and, you know, it was really good for my confidence.

I got two wins against No. 1 and No. 2 in the world, so that means something.

fouc
May 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
:lol: Jelena :worship:

Wiggly
May 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Jelena and Safina are the only players in this draw refusing to comment on some questions.

She's the ony handling those questions in a "classy" way.

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
My theory is proving it could be true. I think Jelena and Serena were chatting in Rome about Justine's actions during their Stuttgart match just last week.

moby
May 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
The thread title is misleading. Jelena's reticence pretty much confirmed that that's what Serena said. :p

Noctis
Jelena :kiss:

edificio
Good answer, Jelena. It is true that it is a competition, a battle.

AcesHigh
It was a good match? :lol:

Love you Jelena

DeliriousPotato
Justine shouldn't have come back :tape:
She had a great career, now she's only making the haters rise

Kworb
May 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM
That's not what she said. :rolleyes: Stop twisting Jelena's words.

Sergius
May 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Jelena:hearts::worship:

дalex
May 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM
So classy, this Empress!

I don't want to comment on that, because that's between me and Serena, and, you know, she said that I have a nice dress and a nice size, you know, after the match. (laughter.)

:haha:

"That's between me and Serena." :inlove:

Full interview:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-27/201005271274985028195.html

Ferg
May 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yep, "Im not Justine" is what Serena said. :spit:

Akila
May 27th, 2010, 06:48 PM
The kid who uploaded the video didn't even speak English... :o So I am not surprised that he was wrong.

VishaalMaria
Contradiction much?

First she says "I don't want to comment on that", but then she comments on it saying "She said I had a nice dress and nice size" and then she says "I don't want to comment on it".

Not exactly clear or convincing.

Noctis
That's not what she said. :rolleyes: Stop twisting Jelena's words.

Like your any better

MaBaker
May 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Sure, you don't want to comment on that, but when it comes to your periods, you tell us all about them...

BuTtErFrEnA
May 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Sure, you don't want to comment on that, but when it comes to your periods, you tell us all about them...

cause periods are supposed to be common knowledge

toxina90
May 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I knew Jelena wouldn't let her BFF down :kiss:

Olórin
May 27th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Good girl Jelena :kiss:

The sledge-hammer press try to incite fire, you respond with a little subtlety. Someone may as well :lol:

LoveFifteen
May 27th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Is it a requirement for newspaper headline writers and thread title writers to be stupid and deceptive?! :unsure:

дalex
May 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Thread title should be 'Jelena: "That's between me and Serena"!'. Someone please change it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjd5d5.jpg

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2010, 07:19 PM
OMG the OP thread title is so false : she did say that Serena has a nice dress but she didn't say that Serena didn't tell her "I'm not Justine". I'm actually inclined by what she said here that Serena did tell her "I'm not Justine"

Vodkapova
May 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I guess Serena did say "I'm not Justine" then. :lol:

Monzanator
May 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Jelena and Safina are the only players in this draw refusing to comment on some questions.

She's the ony handling those questions in a "classy" way.

Shame she acts like a spoiled brat on court sometimes :tape:

LefandePatty
May 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
"[...]it's not like we are having a picnic out there."

Priceless. :haha: :rolls:

fouc
May 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM
OMG the OP thread title is so false : she did say that Serena has a nice dress but she didn't say that Serena didn't tell her "I'm not Justine". I'm actually inclined by what she said here that Serena did tell her "I'm not Justine"

:o
The OP got it right. It's just you having no sense of humor. And yes, Jelena did imply that Serena said the words, she said and we all heard it.
The old title should stay. She does really make a joke of denying that Serena mentioned Justine and making up the dress thing

Bobisa
May 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
:rolls:
Jelena & Serena :inlove:

Beat
May 27th, 2010, 08:15 PM
It was a great match. We played good tennis, and that's what matters.

:spit:

tenn_ace
May 27th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Lie. Serena would rather kill herself than to compliment that cheap piece of cheap drapery

terjw
May 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Contradiction much?

First she says "I don't want to comment on that", but then she comments on it saying "She said I had a nice dress and nice size" and then she says "I don't want to comment on it".

Not exactly clear or convincing.

I don't know what you find not clear and can't understand and why you are struggling. They are two entirely different things Serena said. The first about the hand incident is private and in confidence Jelena is right it's private. The second was simply a nice compliment Serena said about Jelena's dress.

Come on - try to keep up and understand the difference between the two things and whether they should be disclosed.

olivero
May 27th, 2010, 09:02 PM
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't want to comment on that, because that's between me and Serena, and, you know, she said that I have a nice dress and a nice size, you know, after the match. (laughter.)

Sometimes there are gonna be some weird moments, but because we're very competitive, we want to ‑‑ we want to win. I mean, it's not like we are having a picnic out there

:lol: God I love her

Direwolf
May 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Serena's enemys enemy is her friend...
as much as she hates her

Martian KC
May 27th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

debopero
May 27th, 2010, 10:26 PM
so she was hitting on her

VishaalMaria
May 27th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I don't know what you find not clear and can't understand and why you are struggling. They are two entirely different things Serena said. The first about the hand incident is private and in confidence Jelena is right it's private. The second was simply a nice compliment Serena said about Jelena's dress.

Come on - try to keep up and understand the difference between the two things and whether they should be disclosed.

Firstly, don't patronise me. It doesn't make you look smart/good but more of a twat. Thanks.

Secondly, with all the "you knows" Jelena said in that sentence, it CAN be unclear to some as to what she's referring to.

I hope we're clear with each other.

Renalicious
May 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
:lol:

Serena y Monica
May 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I think it's clear that off the court they are friendly, and that private communications between them are well... private.

Really what difference does it make. We are pretty sure of what Serena said and we know that Serena and most on the tour believe that Justine would lie cheat and steal...literally to win a match.

le bon vivant
May 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Thread title should be 'Jelena: "That's between me and Serena"!'. Someone please change it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjd5d5.jpg:rolls:

Gdsimmons
May 28th, 2010, 01:16 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjd5d5.jpg

:haha::haha:

serenafann
May 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I like Jelena's discretion,Good for her. :yeah:

@danieln1
May 28th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Indeed she gave a sensible answer finally, no one needs to know what Serena said, but obviously it was about Justine! :haha:

BlackPanther.
May 28th, 2010, 02:03 AM
There's a video where clearly Serena said something about Justine, anyway a nice answer from JJ :yeah:

brent-o
May 28th, 2010, 02:14 AM

:lol::lol: Oh, JJ! She's priceless.

harloo
May 28th, 2010, 03:36 AM
So basically Jelena didn't confirm shit but just said, "That was between me and Serena". Oh well, I guess the media and Serena's detractors aren't going to get what they want.:lol: Now you all can get back to rewinding the Rome footage and obsessing over what came out of Serena's mouth.:tape::haha:

Jajaloo
May 28th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Jelena keeping Serena's secrets :inlove:

vejh
May 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I hope this said journalist has the moxy to ask Serena the same question at the FO this year.

But wise on Jelena: The strife ends when there is no tale bearer.

Lady
May 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I hope this said journalist has the moxy to ask Serena the same question at the FO this year.

But wise on Jelena: The strife ends when there is no tale bearer.

Somebody actually did ask Serena said. She didn't admit it by saying she doesn't remember what she said. Unfortunately the thread about it was moved to Serena's forum.

Zeus.
May 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
What happened to the bitchiness, Jelena we know you don't like Justine :sobbing:

thrust
May 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
What happened to the bitchiness, Jelena we know you don't like Justine :sobbing:

Well, I guess it is hard to like someone who ALWAYS beats you? At least Jelena CAN beat Venus and Serena! Let it go Serena, life goes on. One serve, does not a match make.

Zeus.
May 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Well, I guess it is hard to like someone who ALWAYS beats you? At least Jelena CAN beat Venus and Serena! Let it go Serena, life goes on. One serve, does not a match make.

Well Jelena will beat her soon, don't worry about that :lol:

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Firstly, don't patronise me. It doesn't make you look smart/good but more of a twat. Thanks.

Secondly, with all the "you knows" Jelena said in that sentence, it CAN be unclear to some as to what she's referring to.

I hope we're clear with each other.

Now you change your mind and can't understand because of the "you knows" :lol::lol:

friendsita
May 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM

I miss them as buddies :rolleyes: blame caro for that :lol:

A-Min
May 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
that's not what she said !!!
Jelena said that SERENA had nice dresses and clothes ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
May 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM

it's what bffs do :inlove:

darkgemini87
May 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
classy answer indeed... not everything should be shared.

VishaalMaria
May 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Now you change your mind and can't understand because of the "you knows" :lol::lol:

I've never changed my mind, what did I supposedly "change my mind" about?

It's true. Jelena isn't the most eloquent speaker on tour.:cool:

DimaDinosaur
May 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
She said you have a nice dress, my ass!

Stop lying because first of all 1) your dress is not nice and 2) serena can't get over what Justine did to her a decade ago and 3) serena said "I'm not Justine" so loudly, who is she fooling?

Bobisa
May 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
She said you have a nice dress, my ass!

Stop lying because first of all 1) your dress is not nice and 2) serena can't get over what Justine did to her a decade ago and 3) serena said "I'm not Justine" so loudly, who is she fooling?
really? :rolleyes:
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Just_Cuz_19.gif

terjw
May 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I've never changed my mind, what did I supposedly "change my mind" about?

It's true. Jelena isn't the most eloquent speaker on tour.:cool:

Well first of all you can't understand what she says - "not clear" in your words. Then you say it's her "you knows" that other people can't understand. Not sure exactly which other people don't understand apart from you. The only one who is not "clear or convincing" on this thread is you. There is nothing unclear at all about what JJ said:

That what Serena said to Jelena about the hand or Justine is private.
That Jelena mentioned Serena said something nice about her dress (laughing) - in other words a light-hearted "reason" that she would not betray a confidence from someone who has just been so nice to her. Of course she wouldn't have anyway. But that's the way people all over the world speak being pleasant every minute every day.God - it feels like spelling out why a joke is funny.