PDA

View Full Version : Radwanska exceled herself during 2nd round match: "F*ck off, daddy"

Caipirinha Guy
May 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
After the tight first set (Aga defended 7 set balls there), Radwanska lost the control and argued with her father before all spectators' eyes. It began when Robert Radwanski counted all errors of his daughter - first badly played drop shots and afterwards missed returns. Discretely, silently - hardly anyone heard it. Unfortunately Aga outbursted and started the polemic. She began: "Shut up, go home with all your mathematics, get out!" afterwards it got worse: "You're still counting? Fuck off! Do you understand? Fuck off!" The president of Polish Tennis Association and the director of Polsat Warsaw Open observed it all from the stands.

Afterwards Aga was furious also at herself. After an error she shouted: "Again I hit the ball into this fucking tarpaulin". When she threw all bad emotions, she started to play much better. However she didn't win this match.

reports from www.sports.pl/tenis :tape:

Aga :help:
But somehow I like it :lol:

======================
AFTER-MATCH INTERVIEW

No quotes from Aga afrer match ?-press conference

How do you judge your match against Shvedova?
I screw it up. I can't comment my matches, I don't know what happened. I'm sure it would go other way if I had won the first set after all those saved set points. On the other hand, I did nothing today to win. And she took the risk, presented "masculine tennis", hit a lot of winners. Afterwards, the more I wanted, the worse it got. However I shouldn't have lost to her.

It seemed that your father's notes made your blood boil. During the match there were some "undiplomatic" words towards your father.
Those were not notes. Those were genuine digs. What I was supposed to answer then?

Recently more and more you quarrel with him.
Daddy doesn't handle the pressure.

In the past, you asked him not to sit on the stands.
Everytime I ask him, constantly I repeat it to him. When it goes to 6:0 6:1 he bears without comments and all those sighs. When something goes not as he wants to, everything starts. It's all not for his nerves. I have an impression that he thinks: "We won, we lost". However I don't recognize the plural, it annoys me most. We must separate it. I play, he's a coach. I am on the court, he's on the stands.

So are you going to change something in your relations?
No, rather not.

How much does reconciling between you and your father take?
It depends to whom and under what circumstances I lose to. Today I was furious during the rain delay at 2:5 in the second set. I needed twenty minutes to calm down. How much my dad needs? For sure more, a few days.

Aren't such situations mentally devastating?
For sure we are fed up with each other, we spend together 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We don't have common lunch or dinner as there are too many moments spent together. We know, tennis is all about nerves, emotions, pressure. There's no peace here, it's not this profession. This is normal for me, it's nothing new. Nothing will change in this field. I must forget about clay court season as soon as possible.

Wiggly
May 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
This French Open is insane.
Now, if Wozniacki does the same thing, it will be an EPIC moment.

$uricate
May 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
She only did all that cause they never put her on a tv court :ras:

ce
May 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM
:spit:

Hashim.
May 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Wow:lol:

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mad that she can't do anything on court. Love it.

tennisbum79
What a week it has been.

We have seen every confrontation, press conference, press release and now on court between coach and player

TheBoiledEgg
wish it was on TV

hurricanejeanne
May 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Holy shit! This is turning into the PMS Open!

Mahon_Lorcan
May 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Aga :/

Wiggly
May 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
wish it was on TV

Ouch. PWNED. :lol:

Iceland
May 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Actually Im not surprised. Aga was already quite rude to her father in her practice match and she absolutely couldn't stand his advice. :lol:
I think it may not be a bad idea to start working with someone else so that she develops her game. She has clearly reached a plateau.

BuTtErFrEnA
this is one of the best RG's ever :rolls:

saul1333
Scary stuff :sobbing:

John.
May 27th, 2010, 07:02 PM
:rolls:

Mynarco
May 27th, 2010, 07:03 PM
DAMN. I need a clip.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 07:04 PM
this is one of the best RG's ever :rolls:
As far as bitchiness, nobody could have made a better script

fawnrc
May 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM

LOL, I know how that feels right about now!!!

Galsen
May 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
damn Aga is krazy

Ferg
May 27th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Is her last name Zvonareva?

adner
May 27th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Allez, Aga! Fire him and get someone who'll develop your tennis.

BlackPanther.
May 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM

I'm waiting for that :devil::lol:

Jienus
May 27th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Good riddance to bad trash.

She's an awful player and an even worse person.

TennisFan66
May 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
After the tight first set (Aga defended 7 set balls there), Radwanska lost the control and argued with her father before all spectators' eyes. It began when Robert Radwanski counted all errors of his daughter. Discretely, silently - hardly anyone heard it. Unfortunately Aga outbursted and started the polemic. She began: "Shut up, go home with all your mathematics, get out!" afterwards it got worse: "Fuck off! Do you understand? Fuck off!" The president of Polish Tennis Association and the director of Polsat Warsaw Open observed it all from the stands.

Afterwards Aga was furious also at herself. After an error she shouted: "Again I hit the ball into this fucking tarpaulin". When she threw all bad emotions, she started to play much better. However she didn't win this match.

reports from www.sports.pl/tenis (http://www.sports.pl/tenis) :tape:

Aga :help:
But somehow I like it :lol:

As I am unable to read Polish some clarification would be great. How can Aga argue with her father during a match?

Optima
May 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
:inlove:

I love it. This is why I love women's tennis.

LoLex
May 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM
:scared:

fouc
May 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM
One conclusion - time for changes.

(and :hearts:)

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Let's see... so far

Safina's Mother vs Safina's Coach
Rezai vs JJ
Rezai vs Bartolli
Aga vs Father-Coach
Ana vs JJ

NyCPsU
May 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I think these girls are all syncing together or something, this is absurd. :rolls:

Tripp
May 27th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Well, it's not nice to say to a player who's losing a match "you have X amount of errors". She knew that already.

Endru.
May 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Is her last name Zvonareva?

:haha:

She should have done it long time ago.

edificio
May 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
She needs to get a new coach. Sometimes father as coach only works for so long. I think she should have won this match, but obviously her mind is on other things. Too bad, but maybe she will take action and get a new coach.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
As I am unable to read Polish some clarification would be great. How can Aga argue with her father during a match?

it's a small court...the audience isn't far away from you

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM
OMG! And I always thought she was so frigid on court :tape:

Tripp
May 27th, 2010, 07:49 PM
it's a small court...the audience isn't far away from you

Besides, it's her dad. I've said some really mean things to my parents in the heat of the moment, and so have they. Doesn't really count when you get into a fight with a member of your family, you can always apologize and move on.

Noctis
May 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Lolllllll
controversy and Bitching at it's best

Caipirinha Guy
May 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
This is how Court 4 looks like:
http://www.sports.pl/m/Repozytorium.Obiekt.aspx/-510/-510/przegladsportowy/1274926633009.JPG

Slutiana
May 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM
By shouting at him in the stands?

toxina90
May 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM

By the time we reach the US Open, the WTA within the venue will resemble the cast of Mean Girls :drool:

ZODIAC
May 27th, 2010, 08:52 PM
in their long illustrous careers Venus and Serena have always been very respectful towards their parents...I think their parents dont put pressure on them to perform.

goat
May 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I want to see a bitch battle of the robots, Henin vs. Stosur.
Both of the just get loose!

P.S Stosur would probably get physical. :lol:

bbjpa
May 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ah Ah , thanks for the translation , I was just wondering what she was saying in that epic moment :lol:

ZODIAC
May 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I think Aga is the breadwinner at the moment,her sister is injured and she is playing doubles to make up for loss of income by Ursula...this is taking its toll on her

LCS
May 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM

-NAJ-
May 27th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Caipirinha Guy
May 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Ah Ah , thanks for the translation , I was just wondering what she was saying in that epic moment :lol:

Lol, how did it look like live? :p

KamilZ
May 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
pathetic :lol:

justine schnyder
May 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM

Totally! :lol:
Aga! :eek: Didn't see that coming from her. I can understand her frustration but I guess her father has really pissed her off then :scared:

bbjpa
May 27th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Everyone was laughing and wondering what was happening , she argued twice in fact and she glanced like evil :fiery: :lol:

Joe.
May 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM
:hearts:

toxina90
May 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I think Aga is the breadwinner at the moment,her sister is injured and she is playing doubles to make up for loss of income by Ursula...this is taking its toll on her

:spit:

Caipirinha Guy
May 27th, 2010, 09:53 PM

I screw it up. I can't comment my matches, I don't know what happened. I'm sure it would go other way if I had won the first set after all those saved set points. On the other hand, I did nothing today to win. And she took the risk, presented "masculine tennis", hit a lot of winners. Afterwards, the more I wanted, the worse it got. However I shouldn't have lost to her.

It seemed that your father's notes made your blood boil. During the match there were some "undiplomatic" words towards your father.
Those were not notes. Those were genuine digs. What I was supposed to answer then?

Everytime I ask him, constantly I repeat it to him. When it goes to 6:0 6:1 he bears without comments and all those sighs. When something goes not as he wants to, everything starts. It's all not for his nerves. I have an impression that he thinks: "We won, we lost". However I don't recognize the plural, it annoys me most. We must separate it. I play, he's a coach. I am on the court, he's on the stands.

No, rather not.

It depends to whom and under what circumstances I lose to. Today I was furious during the rain delay at 2:5 in the second set. I needed twenty minutes to calm down. How much my dad needs? For sure more, a few days.

For sure we are fed up with each other, we spend together 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We don't have common lunch or dinner as there are too many moments spent together. We know, tennis is all about nerves, emotions, pressure. There's no peace here, it's not this profession. This is normal for me, it's nothing new. Nothing will change in this field. I must forget about clay court season as soon as possible.

olivero
May 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
:lol: oh my god :lol: too good
she honestly told him to 'f*ck off" :lol:

Chakvenus
May 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
woah Aga, i was not expecting such a reaction!
i kind of like it!

MLF
May 27th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I think if someone was counting my errors in a match I'd react the same way if it was a repeated thing. This is where I hope they have a clear boundary between coach / father role. Sometimes athletes lose the plot with their coaches, I hope her dad is savvy enough to see that she was confronting him as a coach.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Everyone was laughing and wondering what was happening , she argued twice in fact and she glanced like evil :fiery: :lol:
So this did really happen.

This is the first time I have of Aga having issue with her father.
Is here a history of this in theri player-coach relationship?

edificio
May 27th, 2010, 10:04 PM
She was still mad at the press interview? Oh, dear. I hope her dad gets it together, or Aga gets a new coach.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I think if someone was counting my errors in a match I'd react the same way if it was a repeated thing. This is where I hope they have a clear boundary between coach / father role. Sometimes athletes lose the plot with their coaches, I hope her dad is savvy enough to see that she was confronting him as a coach.
Even as a coach, it was abuse.

TennisFan66
May 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Angelescu,

thanks for posting the press conference. Ah well, they'll calm down again - even her father may need a few days :lol: ....

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I screw it up. I can't comment my matches, I don't know what happened. I'm sure it would go other way if I won the first set after all those saved set points. On the other hand, I did nothing today to win. And she took a risk, presented "masculine tennis", hit a lot of winners. Afterwards, the more I wanted afterwards, the worse it got. I shouldn't have however lost to her.

No, rather not.

After reading this interview, it sound like dad is not a calmin infulence on Aga.

Instead of keeping playing, she worries about him and his behavior.

I does not look like a good situation.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Angelescu,

thanks for posting the press conference. Ah well, they'll calm down again - even her father may need a few days :lol: ....
Aga comes accross as the adult in this unfortunate incident.
Granted, I only read her side, but still,,,

If Daddy-coach does not change his behavior, it could get to a point where Aga stops listening and start sabotaging or tanking matches bcuase she had had enougth.

Bobisa
May 27th, 2010, 10:19 PM
:rolls:

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think if someone was counting my errors.

As if Robert has an option to count her winners... :tape:

Slutiana
May 27th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I actually have to :worship: Aga after reading that interview. Too many times in the past and probably the present (*cough* Piotr Wozniacki *cough*) have tennis dads gotten too involved in their daughters careers almost to the point of obsession. It's starts off with something like this and then can lead to abuse and the type of antics that Jim Pierce and Damir Dokic got upto back in the days. So i'm glad she has been able to stand upto him and will hopefully take action on the situation before their relationship becomes even more unhealthy and her personal happiness in addition to her tennis suffers.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:33 PM
:lol::lol:

Well, then he could try not counting anything.

Aga is tried of his "mathmatics" only designed to accumulate negative stats.

ptitnavet
May 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM
No video ? :(

spriwi
May 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM

She did hit more winners than ues, at least according to the official stats, so your sarcasm is out of place here :wavey:

stangtennis
May 27th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I think these girls are all syncing together or something, this is absurd. :rolls:
The WTA girls have been spending too much time on the tour together now and are in sync.
http://www.wonderquest.com/pheromone.htm
Primitive cues synchronize menstruation

Q: Why do women and girls living together for extended periods have synchronized menstruation? --Douglas Laing, Cali, Columbia

A:Women (and men) secrete odorless molecules, called pheromones, in a manner as common as sweating. In fact, the sweat of many mammals contains pheromone chemicals. The molecules from one woman bounce and jiggle their way airborne and waft to another. Receptors in the nose detect the pheromones and the second woman responds by shortening or lengthening her menstrual period. Gradually, over the course of a few months, the periods of all the women living together synchronize in this way.

A study (that determined all this by Martha McClintock and Kathleen Stern) indicates the sweat probably contains two chemicals: one that lengthens menstrual cycles and one that shortens them. The two substances can act together to synchronize the cycles and sometimes to disrupt them.
By the way, similar studies show that men's pheromones also affect women's menstrual periods. Women respond to these pheromones by shortening their periods and having them more regularly.

(Answered by April Holladay, science correspondent, February 13, 2002)

Further Surfing:

seattletimes.com: McClintock pheromone study in humans (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/news/health-science/html98/altpits_031298.html)

The straight dope: synchronized periods (http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_306.html)

Lund U: pheromone insect research (http://www.pheromone.ekol.lu.se/pheromones.html)

McClintock, M. K. (2000). Human pheromones: primers, releasers, signalers or modulators? In K. Wallen and J. Schneider (Eds.), Reproduction in Context: Social and Environmental Influences on Reproductive Physiology and Behavior. MIT Press. Pp. 355-420.

McClintock, M. K. (1998). Whither menstrual synchrony? Annual Review of Sexual Research, 9, 77-95.

ZODIAC
May 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I think its time for Aga to kick Yuri oops sorry her father to the curb and get another coach.

slamchamp
May 27th, 2010, 10:46 PM
what is going on this week?

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM
She did hit more winners than ues, at least according to the official stats, so your sarcasm is out of place here :wavey:

1) I've used present simple, not past simple in my sentence which indicates I'm not referring only to her last match
2) official stats are crap
3) if they are somehow correct it would mean Radwanska is crap
4) the latter would only confirm that my sarcasm is justified

See, either way I win. :wavey:

ZODIAC
May 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
what is going on this week?this year RG is for the hard hitting big boned girls...skinny gals have no chance:rolleyes:

Caipirinha Guy
May 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
See, either way I win. :wavey:

You always win, but not with me :lol:

lestat111
May 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM
this year RG is for the hard hitting big boned girls...skinny gals have no chance:rolleyes:

who are skinny girls? :lol:

olivero
May 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM

well Agnieszka usually makes very few winners but also very few errors so it's not like it's such a big difference. and that would mean that yes, he actually has an option :shrug:

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM
what is going on this week?
There a deliberate and concerted effort tp make Tennis Forum poster forget the rain delay.
I have never such non-tennis action packed 3 days at GS.

It comes from every directions
Safina's Mother vs. Safina's former coach
Rezai vs Bartolli
Rezay vs JJ
Ana Vs JJ
Aga vs. Father-Coach
Commentat Tati vs. fornmer colleagues
Etc..

woosey
May 27th, 2010, 10:55 PM

get out of my head.

was just thinking this.

more of these girls need to tell their daddies to fuck off.

volta
May 27th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Good i hope she ends up firing him and gets a coach that can help her fix the flaws in her game and make her move forward cuz right now everything is either stale or goig downhill :o

Oh and yes WTA right now is like girls gone wild :lol:

ivanban
May 27th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Aga :worship: This RG is so EPIC :inlove:

KournikovaFan91
May 27th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Aga :worship: What a LEGEND.

Keegan
May 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Angrieszka :hearts:

Volcana
May 28th, 2010, 12:00 AM
As I am unable to read Polish some clarification would be great. How can Aga argue with her father during a match?It sounds like he was coaching illegally, and she was telling him to shut up.

I recall some years ago Serena got a warning for Richard talking to her during a match, and she said to the umpire, "what can I do? I'm trying not to listen to him."

BournemouthBoy
May 28th, 2010, 12:01 AM
show me a good loser and i will show you a loser, as they say.

gc-spurs
May 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM
hahaha pms open!

Carotastrophe
May 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Aga :o

young_gunner913
May 28th, 2010, 01:03 AM
LMFAO. Okay, my hate for Aga dropped a slight bit after that.

Renalicious
May 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM
What the hell :hysteric:

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
She usually has such a calm temperament on court.

I would have LOVED to have seen this.

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Crazy, crazy people on this WTA TOUR.

slamchamp
May 28th, 2010, 02:39 AM
LMFAO. Okay, my hate for Aga dropped a slight bit after that.
exactly my thought:lol:

darkchild
May 28th, 2010, 04:24 AM

:worship:

Steadyniacki
May 28th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Aga let it out girl :hearts:

Langers
May 28th, 2010, 05:35 AM
This doesn't seem real. What an outburst. :eek:

"However I shouldn't have lost to her."

Sour grapes. :ras:

Steven.
May 28th, 2010, 07:21 AM
good for Radwanska. I wouldn't want any bloody assholes counting the amount of errors I make if I were playing. Seriously, couldn't he understand the frustration Agnieszka was going thorugh? After all she IS the one playing.

god damn. :\

Temperenka
May 28th, 2010, 07:24 AM
What the hell is in the water in Paris?! :tape:

In a way, it's refreshing to see Aga show emotion. She can get quite robotic on court.

edificio
May 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
This doesn't seem real. What an outburst. :eek:

Sour grapes. :ras:

She shouldn't have! :)

She definitely was sour about it, though.

Vaidisova Ruled
May 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
People were laughing that radwanska is boring, and that no one will be sad that her match wasn't on a "TV court ", but damn, I wan to see a video of that.
Why does this have to happen when there aren't any cameras !

Dor Y
May 28th, 2010, 08:35 AM
:lol: she is crazy

chipandcharge
May 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
good for Radwanska. I wouldn't want any bloody assholes counting the amount of errors I make if I were playing. Seriously, couldn't he understand the frustration Agnieszka was going thorugh? After all she IS the one playing.

god damn. :\

Yep that would so annoying, get told after the match about your errors is ok but being made aware during it is frustrating

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
dont blame her tbh, if i was playing shit and my dad was saying "thats 26 UEs" id bring out the fucks

hdfb
May 28th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Too bad it wasn't televised.

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Let's see... so far

Safina's Mother vs Safina's Coach
Rezai vs JJ
Rezai vs Bartolli
Aga vs Father-Coach
Ana vs JJ
You forgot Venus' dress vs the world:devil:

Jienus
May 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM

He would only have to use one hand.

Caipirinha Guy
May 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Agnieszka today for Orange sport tv:
What will happen now with Radwanska team and the partnership with your father?
"I don't know, I don't know what will happen".

So are we to expect the split up with her father? :angel:

Adrian.
May 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Well done Aga:cheer: