PDA

View Full Version : Dokic Coachless? Single??

AUSBOY
May 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Read her interview after the Safarova lost and the interviewer asked her who was coaching her, and she said, "I'm alone"

Clearly she was going through problems in Australia, I just wonder if she's finally dumped her coach.

Q. Just didn't feel like you could get anything going out there today.
JELENA DOKIC: Yeah, I was nervous at the beginning, so, yeah, she got a head start. About three games through past before I could get into some rallies.
Yeah, outside of top 5, this is one of the worst matchups for me at the moment because I haven't played any matches and she's done so well on clay this year and just in general she's done well this year. It was always gonna be tough. She's just more consistent than me right now.
Yeah, you know, there's nothing really to be disappointed about. You know, I've played four tournaments this year, and I only played, you know, 50,000 coming into the Grand Slam. So I think I'm probably one of the least prepared players in the draw at the moment.
I can't be disappointed. I just have to move on from this and go to the next tournament.
Q. It's your first WTA tournament in a while. Do you feel like now your ready to play at this level or do you still need some time?
JELENA DOKIC: Obviously I need some time and some matches. No doubt about that. But, you know, it will be good now to continue. I'm already playing a tournament next week. Just need to keep on playing and practicing and keep on playing matches I think. I actually only started hitting three weeks ago. So, yeah, while everyone else has been playing I only just started hitting.
The week before here was actually my first real, you know, hard practice week. So, you know, like I said, the score today looks, you know, pretty easy for her.
But, you know, in the second set if I could hold that game at 3 2, maybe I could get a little bit more into the match.
But, you know, it's all right. I just to have keep on going now.
Q. So physically you're 100% now?
JELENA DOKIC: Yeah.
Q. What are your plans?
JELENA DOKIC: Next week playing a 50,000 and a 100,000, and then Wimbledon.
Q. Is your coaching situation the same, or has something changed?
JELENA DOKIC: I'm alone.

Daniel K
May 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes no longer with Borna Bikic but still going out with Tin.

Papillon.
May 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Jelena... :sobbing: :hug:

AUSBOY
May 28th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Yes no longer with Borna Bikic but still going out with Tin.

Thanks for confirming, thought as much

Jakeev
May 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Have been worried about Jelena falling back on hard times but she sounds pretty positive so hopefully she will finally get her game back on track.