PDA

View Full Version : Did it ever happened ??? (scheduling thing)

debby
May 26th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Justine played her R1 on Chatrier, and is going to play her R2 tomorrow.

Let's suppose her theorical draw after R2 :
- Sharapova => Chatrier certainly
- Stosur => too
- Serena => obviously
- JH => semis...
- final...

I wanted to know if it already happened that a player played 7 matchs in a row on the same court ??? Federer perhaps? I find it amazing, I was :confused: when I found out Justine's scheduling court tomorrow !

Anyways perhaps Justine will not even reach R3 or something, but I wanted to know..

Oh Sharapova and Ivanovic on court 1 :eek: Especially Ivanovic who is a former champion, beautiful, and plays a tougher opponent than Justine with Zakopalova.... I can't guess why this schedule :confused:

your guess?

vejh
May 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM
You can't guess?????? They named an allee at RG after this young lady a year after she retired.

She's won 4 rg, 3 consecutively, before she retired, and now she's back.

And I think they thought there wasn't enough folks in the chatrier in her first rd match and she deserves a better reception.

goldenlox
May 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I was surprised this one is on Chatrier. Maybe Stosur wont be, otherwise, 7 for 7 on Chatrier, if Justine wins 6 matches.

debby
May 26th, 2010, 10:30 PM
There wasn't enough folks ? :rolls:²²²

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 10:31 PM
there weren't enough people, because they didn't want to watch her against Pironokova:help::shrug:
Neither they want to see her against Zakopalova, but well...:tape:

Tennisstar86
May 26th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Federer stays on center court at Wimbledon while Venus and Serena are regulated to court 2... Its been discussed....

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Serena/Marion on Chatrier before her! :hearts:

debby
May 26th, 2010, 10:39 PM
there weren't enough people, because they didn't want to watch her against Pironokova:help::shrug:

I don't see why it's an issue actually.

danieln1
May 26th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I don´t think her match against Stosur will be on Chatrier, it will be on Lenglen... but all of the other ones will be on PC, and I don´t think that ever happened...

But it´s absurd to put Ana, glamour girl and former champ, on court 1, she should play Lenglen at least

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Nadal was on Suzanne Lenglen yesteday :)

Loungy
May 26th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I wanted to know if it already happened that a player played 7 matchs in a row on the same court ??? Federer perhaps?
He played all his matches on Chatrier last year.

Olórin
May 26th, 2010, 11:42 PM
There is nothing wrong with Justine getting this treatment, but ugh at the scheduling in general. Federer must be the most preferential schedule recipient at all of the slams...ever!

Gdsimmons
May 26th, 2010, 11:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with Justine getting this treatment, but ugh at the scheduling in general. Federer must be the most preferential schedule recipient at all of the slams...ever!

Agreed. I dont get it. Some of their choices make me scratch my head

mr_burns
May 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
even justine vs maria could be on SL, depends on other matches...keeping in mind murry gasquet wasn't on PC

but it is not that special, especially with amelie, cornet not in the draw...the french crowd favourites

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM

Justine hater, eh? :p

Well, I'm sure ES will show her match tomorrow (and not the irrelevant matches like Gabashvili vs. Zemlja that you probably want to see), so enjoy it ;)

Noctis
May 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Couldn't careless it's RG
the schedule doesn't gave common sense.

guapogreg08
May 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM
rg has always stated that they see the show courts (chatrier and sl, at least) as equal in terms of the level (fame, skill, whatnot) of the day's players. at least that's a valid excuse for putting serena/kuzzy on lenglen last year

V's a star
May 27th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I dont care shes a 4 time champ.
But what does piss me off is if this was Wimbledon and Venus she would be baned to court1&2 till a big match came up :rolleyes:

pierce85
May 27th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I dont care shes a 4 time champ.
But what does piss me off is if this was Wimbledon and Venus she would be baned to court1&2 till a big match came up :rolleyes:

I agree but it's not roland garos's fault that it respects its champions. Wimbledon should do the same and stop showing sexism

The Kaz
May 27th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Federer always plays on the biggest court every match at every slam...its ridiculous :rolleyes:

hdfb
May 27th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Yes Federer always gets CC at every single tournament he plays.
Henin is loved by the French, no surprise she is on Philippe Chatrier.

Zeus.
May 27th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I think the scheduling this year is disgusting. Like 2 mens matches before a womens? That's not cool. Mens matches should always be last, I don't feel like skipping through hours of tennis to find a womens match :o

vw.
May 27th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Federer always plays on the biggest court every match at every slam...its ridiculous :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, I bet he would actually complain and make a big deal about it if he were relegated to Hisense in Melbourne, Suzanne Lenglen here, or Court 1 at Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

Regarding Justine, if she plays Sharapova 3rd round, I have a feeling it'll be on Lenglen. When they played in 2005 when both Sharapova AND Justine were at their "peak", their QF match was played on Lenglen. It'll probably be the same here.

Jajaloo
May 27th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Federer always plays on centre court at the Australian Open.

Gdsimmons
May 27th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I think the scheduling this year is disgusting. Like 2 mens matches before a womens? That's not cool. Mens matches should always be last, I don't feel like skipping through hours of tennis to find a womens match :o

Agreed. Mens matches usually take about 2-3 hours. Womens matches should be played before

DimaDinosaur
May 27th, 2010, 03:55 AM
But it´s absurd to put Ana, glamour girl and former champ, on court 1, she should play Lenglen at least

Puhlease, RG is doing Ivanovic a favor by not putting her on a court where thousands of ppl can witness her lose and see how far she's fallen from her 2 week period at the top

shap_half
May 27th, 2010, 04:11 AM
The sad thing is, I bet he would actually complain and make a big deal about it if he were relegated to Hisense in Melbourne, Suzanne Lenglen here, or Court 1 at Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

Regarding Justine, if she plays Sharapova 3rd round, I have a feeling it'll be on Lenglen. When they played in 2005 when both Sharapova AND Justine were at their "peak", their QF match was played on Lenglen. It'll probably be the same here.

I doubt it. Everyone's been talking about this part of the draw, and if they meet in the 3R, I can't imagine not capitalizing on the buzz by making it the marquee match on PC.

AcesHigh
May 27th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Puhlease, RG is doing Ivanovic a favor by not putting her on a court where thousands of ppl can witness her lose and see how far she's fallen from her 2 week period at the top

:spit:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Serena and Justine, if they play, will be on Lenglen.

It's the slower of the 2 courts, and Serena seems to always have her QF matches on Lenglen.

wolfgang
May 27th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Lleyton Hewitt has never played a match off Rod Laver.

Six Feet Under
May 27th, 2010, 06:40 AM

The ATP tour should just be banned from the centre courts :shrug::rolls:

Tennis Ball
May 27th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Also, being francophone Justine is pretty much considered as one of their own. Justine, from her side, considers Paris as her second home since it's so close to home. That's why most of the visitors from abroad are Belgian. Belgium has, outside of France, the largest fan base at RG. ;)

-Andrew-
May 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Mystery of the highest order that is, how on earth have the #22 seed been scheduled to play on Chatrier today.

Anyways nice jinx by the OP. Even if she plays all her matches on Chatrier, their total amount won't be 7.:)

debby
May 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM

I hope so ! I have tickets (Saturday and Sunday) for Lenglen, I would be crazy if Sharapova-Justine was on Lenglen :hearts: We will see.

BTW on what court was played Serena-Henin QF 2007 ? I didn't recall that Kuzzie played Serena on Lenglen last year :eek: pretty shocking.

Actually, to explain that Murray-Gasquet schedule (which is weird, true), I thought it was fairer for those who bought Lenglen, only at the beginning of the tournament.

:rolls: :spit:

Mystery of the highest order that is, how on earth have the #22 seed been scheduled to play on Chatrier today.

Anyways nice jinx by the OP. Even if she plays all her matches on Chatrier, their total amount won't be 7.:)

No because I said she could not even reach the R3. She is going to play her easiest match of the tournament, and it's on Chatrier. That's why I was surprised. Nothing more. Actually I hope to be wrong (about Chatrier schedule).

John.
May 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM
^^Serena - Henin 2007 was on PC

debby
May 27th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks. ;)

Brett.
May 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Federer always plays on centre court at the Australian Open.

And, we aussies are sick of him playing on Centre Court in every of his fucking matches! :rolleyes:

Caralenko
May 27th, 2010, 09:24 AM
And, we aussies are sick of him playing on Centre Court in every of his fucking matches! :rolleyes:

We're fucking sick of Hewitt as well, but they still put him on. :lol: Every slam schedule shows bias and it's just kinda expected that there will be some stupid decisions at this point.

debby
May 27th, 2010, 09:30 AM
LMAO I think Roland Garros is the least biaised of all Slams :lol:

First Murray-Gasquet (Gasquet asked to play on Tuesday, but it was impossible as he was in top half who had to play before Tuesday)

Now this :

"Frankly, I was a bit disappointed because I was playing on a Sunday," Tsonga said. "I had asked not to play on a Sunday, absolutely, because I had practiced in such a way that I thought I wanted to play on a Monday or Tuesday, to be totally fit. But they imposed it on me."

Tsonga said the organizers should have shown more respect considering his ranking and nationality.

"Today, we're in France. I'm French. I'm the French No. 1. I would have thought it was legitimate for me to be listened to," Tsonga said.

"If you look at (Andy) Murray, if he decides on a day or a time schedule at Wimbledon, nobody is going to impose anything on him. For (Roger) Federer, in his country it's the same. And in the U.S., I suppose it's the same thing for the best American players. I think that Lleyton (Hewitt) probably plays in the sun during the Australian Open because he loves the sun and other opponents don't like the sun."

"If I had lost on Sunday because I was not feeling good, then many people would have been disappointed. This would have been a bit silly, I think," Tsonga said. "But it wasn't the case, so I'm here, and I'm fit. I'm ready to play. This story will continue, and that's the end of the story."

Well I think he has a valid point, though it does come across as a bit "diva-ish". Although every player must be ready to play at any time, I would have thought the French open organizers could have pulled some strings to help their national players.

:rolls:

Matt01
May 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM

No, the ATP and WTA matches should be evenly spread out. Two mens matches before womens matches once in a while is absolutely fine.

Rome
May 27th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Why do you think they put Serena on last because of the rain? Who better to stick it to then the world number one tennis player this is BS.

Olórin
May 27th, 2010, 10:42 AM
LMAO I think Roland Garros is the least biaised of all Slams :lol:

Just because they screw over their own players as well doesn't mean they're unbiased; it just means they're idiots!

By the way, does anyone know how we can complain about this to the organisers - anyone got any e-mails or is there a function on the RG site?

Caralenko
May 27th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Why do you think they put Serena on last because of the rain? Who better to stick it to then the world number one tennis player this is BS.

You realize they scheduled BEFORE the rain came? :lol:

Olórin
May 27th, 2010, 10:46 AM

We all knew there was a good chance of a rain delay when the schedule came out last night. It was just moronic putting her on last when they knew she had doubles the next day.

Matt01
May 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
By the way, does anyone know how we can complain about this to the organisers - anyone got an e-mails or is their a function on the RG site?

:lol: As if they would give a damn...and they shouldn't.

Caralenko
May 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM
We all knew there was a good chance of a rain delay when the schedule came out last night. It was just moronic putting her on last when they knew she had doubles the next day.

Perhaps, but someone has to go last and the schedulers don't seem to care about the players. It was just Serena's luck that she got the last spot today I guess.

Besides, the heavy post-rain clay is only an advantage for Serena.

Rome
May 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM

I'm sure you know of things like the weather forecast but hey they did the scheduled before the rain. :rolleyes:

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Why do you think they put Serena on last because of the rain?

I was thinking the same. Organizers have been showing no respect for Serena over the years. It's 1 PM in Paris and it's still raining. There's a chance that she won't be able to finish the match. They are aware that she's in the doubles' draw and is seeded 1, aren't they ? Totally biased, compared to Henin.

Rome
May 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Perhaps, but someone has to go last and the schedulers don't seem to care about the players. It was just Serena's luck that she got the last spot today I guess.

Besides, the heavy post-rain clay is only an advantage for Serena.

Well it should have been someone else we are talking about the number one player in the world. She also hold 2 slams atm.

Rome
May 27th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I was thinking the same. Organizers have been showing no respect for Serena over the years. It's 1 PM in Paris and it's still raining. There's a chance that she won't be able to finish the match. They are aware that she's in the doubles' draw and is seeded 1, aren't they ? Totally biased, compared to Henin. Well Henin is a 4 time winner here so you got to respect that? But come on Serena is a pass winner her as well i just think she should have went before the 2 french girls playing before her.

spice_of_life
May 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I am surprised that Serena and Nadal have been scheduled last. But apparently Nadal's opponent played doubles quite late yesterday so that could be why he's last. But the way the rain is going A LOT of matches won't get played today which will back everything up.

bandabou
May 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
:lol: Anybody BUT Federer CAN and WILL be relegated to minor courts.

Rome
May 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM
:lol: Anybody BUT Federer CAN and WILL be relegated to minor courts.

Yeah we all know what a cry baby he is :lol:

bandabou
May 27th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah we all know what a cry baby he is :lol:

:hysteric::crying2::baby::bigcry::crazy: ....

Roger after ANOTHER loss to Rafa. ;)

Zeus.
May 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
The ATP tour should just be banned from the centre courts :shrug::rolls:

Now that's a good idea. Even better, why not have just mens and womens days. They could easily complete 6 matches in the time of 2 mens matches. It would also aid those that hate watching mens :lol:

No, the ATP and WTA matches should be evenly spread out. Two mens matches before womens matches once in a while is absolutely fine.

Yes, but the way they are doing it now, is really a disaster.

The forecast for Central Europe is pretty much rain till monday with 60% chance of rain, so they kinda knew it could happen :shrug: