PDA

View Full Version : Rezai: "Marion has difficulties getting included with the other girls"

Kworb
May 26th, 2010, 09:41 PM
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/claws-sharpened-by-french-tennis-femmes-20100527-weo0.html

Aravane Rezai and Marion Bartoli, France's top two players, are locked in a bitter feud at Roland Garros that has spilled over into an ugly public slanging match.

Rezai has dominated national attention with the French public swooning over her exotic Iranian background and her tough upbringing in St Etienne as well as her tennis, which saw her defeat Venus Williams two weeks ago on her way to the Madrid title.

But former Wimbledon runner-up Bartoli is the French number one and bristles when the name of her rival comes up.

"Marion is a difficult girl. She already attacked me two years ago when I reached the final in Istanbul," said Rezai after reaching the French Open third round on Wednesday.

"If she has a problem with me, I don't know, because I did nothing. That's a bit of a shame, but that's her education. She has attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has.

"I think I have respect for players. I get on with many people. But with Marion, it's very difficult. She has difficulties getting included with the other girls."

Bartoli insists she is unconcerned by her low profile compared to Rezai.

"I don't give a damn," she said. "I don't need this to be motivated, frankly. I'm not jealous about anybody else's results.

"I don't envy anybody. I do my job every day."

Sadly, for those who would like to see the two take out their frustrations on court at the French Open, the players are in opposite sides of the draw, meaning they can only meet in the final.

BlackPanther.
May 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
:rolls::spit:

LoLex
May 26th, 2010, 09:44 PM
If she has a problem with me, I don't know, because I did nothing. That's a bit of a shame, but that's her education. She has attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has.

It is more like Rezai has problems with everyone.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Oh enough already, Rezai.

delicatecutter
I love it!!!

TheBoiledEgg
must be harder in the cafeteria as well

hankqq
May 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
while this is entertaining, it's pathetic at the same time :lol: the press is stirring up crap by constantly asking these 2 about each other. I love how both Marion and Aravane refuse to back down and keep throwing verbal jabs :haha: Hopefully they'll play each other soon :p

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
:rolls::rolls::rolls:

Rezai is the biggest slat on the tour atm, but I love it:inlove:

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Will Rezai shut up already?

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Rezai has been badmouthing other players to the media starting with Serena in Australia,Jankovic,Henin now Bartoli

terjw
May 26th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Ha ha. Probably best for Marion not to be playing Aravene right now though. Aravene is very annoying and would probably win and rub it in. Best if she puts Aravene in her place when this purple patch blows over.

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Oh, and Rezai has no trouble with the other girls of course. The French media is stoking this all up, but Rezai doesnt know when to shut up anyway. Can wait for her to start getting patchy results again so that people stop paying attention to her and she comes out wth this shit.

JJ+Mar to unite against her. :rocker: She can throw as much shit as she wants against the other players, they've all still had better careers than her.

FORZA SARITA
May 26th, 2010, 09:54 PM
i remember france had some classy players years ago but now :lol: these 2 things should just shut up and play tennis instead to bitch about everyone and everything :weirdo:

Vaidisova Ruled
May 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Aravane, shut the fuck up

If someone didn't get any education, it's Rezai. She doesn't respect ANYBODY. This girl is Alize Cornet 2008. I can't wait to see her fall.

Marion, even though she is fat, because here people are shallow and just see "cake" written all over her face, Marion is one of the smartest girl of the wta tour. Marion and Aravane are not on the same level.

And to all the stupid jump waggoners, now, you are rooting for Aravane, and you think that she will win a grand slam. In one year, you will say that Sabine Lisicki is going to win "at least" 10 grand slam and "Aravane Who ?". See Ya

LCS
May 26th, 2010, 09:58 PM
:haha: Education argument again EPIC

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Let's play list list French feuds!!

I'll start:
Rezai-Bartoli
Bartoli-Golovin
Bartoli-Razzano

Hm, there's a trend.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I don't understand all this Rezai negativity!

Someone fill me in?

And I also just wanted to say Rezai has nothing on Bartoli, Bartoli reached the Wimbledon final.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 10:00 PM

I'll start:
Rezai-Bartoli
Bartoli-Golovin
Bartoli-Razzano

Hm, there's a trend.

Oh go away! This isn't about Tatiana Golovin! Give it a rest.

Wiggly
Education.. Serena vs Hingis anyone? :tape:

Ferg

I'll start:
Rezai-Bartoli
Bartoli-Golovin
Bartoli-Razzano

Hm, there's a trend.

They're all jealous that shes the top Frenchie since Momo stopped being good! :hearts:

дalex
May 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
What's this about education? Aravane does seem like someone who lacks formal education, IMO.

Go Marion! :hearts:

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Does Marion have any friends on the Tour? :awww:

Dav.
Oh go away! This isn't about Tatiana Golovin! Give it a rest.

Um, Tati is irrelevant in this conversation minus the fact that she and Bartoli had a one-sided feud. Why didn't you say that about Razzano? She had the same amount of mention...once.

sunsfuns
Well, we would need to know at least one of them personally to know 100% what is going on, but I do have to say that Bartoli is well known of being whiny and not getting along with other players. I haven't heard enough about Rezai to say if it's the same with her...

VishaalMaria

Does she need to have friends on tour? ;)

LoveFifteen
May 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Education.. Serena vs Hingis anyone? :tape:

Yes, except this new version contains girls who play atrocious tennis. :sobbing:

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM

Shes mentioned being friends with plenty of players who are a lot more classy than Rezai. :shrug:

narutos
May 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Does she need to have friends on tour? ;)

Exactly they are rivals first.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Um, Tati is irrelevant in this conversation minus the fact that she and Bartoli had a one-sided feud. Why didn't you say that about Razzano? She had the same amount of mention...once.

Well that's my point, Tati is irrelevant so why did you bring her name into it in the first place?

danieln1
May 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I doubt Rezai has a friend on the tour, I really do...

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Well that's my point, Tati is irrelevant so why did you bring her name into it in the first place?

for the same reason I mentioned Rezai and Razzano, to illustrate a point. I apologize for using logic in GM.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
for the same reason I mentioned Rezai and Razzano, to illustrate a point. I apologize for using logic in GM.

Well your point is moot.

So much for that logic!

Martian KC
May 26th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I love Marion's answers.:hearts:

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Care to explain why it's "moot?" Because I'm pretty sure it's apparent that Marion is involved in a significant amount of feuds.

Dave.
May 26th, 2010, 10:12 PM

I'll start:
Rezai-Bartoli
Bartoli-Golovin
Bartoli-Razzano

Hm, there's a trend.

There is, it's called jealousy.

narutos
May 26th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Actually I'm sick of this blablablablabla I want to see blood.:lol:

Wiggly

Why would Bartoli be jealous of Razzano?

Mynarco
:haha: what a disgrace, caravane.

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 10:15 PM
If it's jealousy, because of a Wimbly final, why didn't Mauresmo or Pierce receive the same treatment from the same girls?

And out of the three only Rezai actually initiated it, no? Or did Razzano say something?

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Razzano maybe. But Golovin and Rezai have no reason to be jealous of Bartoli. :spit:

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Razzano maybe. But Golovin and Rezai have no reason to be jealous of Bartoli. :spit:

Actually they do.

Bartoli made a slam final.

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:20 PM
If it's jealousy, because of a Wimbly final, why didn't Mauresmo or Pierce receive the same treatment from the same girls?

And out of the three only Rezai actually initiated it, no? Or did Razzano say something?

Marion was always seen as the odd one out in the French scene. By the sounds of it, out of the girls in the Fed Cup team before Marion was succesful, Loit was the only playe she was friendly with. She and Golovin are so different its not hard to see why they didnt get on. Razzano made nasty commens to L'Equipe about Marion before the Eastbourne match. And Rezai tried to put her of in Strasbourg in 2007 I believe.

Momo was always seen as the top girl in French tennis, never disputed and suddenly little Marion comes along to be the top ranked Frenchwoman for pretty much the past 3 years, and the others dont like that, they're jealous. Momo and Emilie seemed to be the only French players Marion got on with at the time, she seems to have no relationship with any current ones with the exception of Alizé.

Marcelo.

GS Final :confused:

Team Marion :cheer: shut up Rezai :weirdo:

Ferg

Top ranked French woman for the past 3 years and made the final of the most prestigeous tournament in tennis??

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Actually they do.

Bartoli made a slam final.

So did Wozniacki. BFD.

Jakeev
May 26th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Well I was gonna start a thread about Rezai until I read this thread. Now I am very confused.

In her match today, Mary Carillo seemed to suggest that Aravane really wasn't that embraced as a product of France because of her Muslim and Iranian heritage. A Mary Pierce-type player I think Carillo compared her to although Rezai is French born.

Then I come in here, and she seems to be the French players' spokeswoman speaking out against the actual "outcast," Marion Bartoli.

Sounds like a lot of cattiness going on in that tennis world........

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 10:22 PM
But up to Tati's last full year in 2007, she had a much better all around career, especially considering the age difference. She was basically 19 when it ended.

I don't agree with Rezai's hostility, but I do see the validity in her claim that Bartoli creates controversy. It's complete unnecessary to tell the media that, though.

Jolene
May 26th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I used to like Rezai, but she's starting to irritate me - trash-talking can be fun, but she doesn't have the results yet to back it up, and in my opinion, she should wait until she does to be so constantly involved in controversy.

Dav.
May 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Marion was always seen as the odd one out in the French scene. By the sounds of it, out of the girls in the Fed Cup team before Marion was succesful, Loit was the only playe she was friendly with. She and Golovin are so different its not hard to see why they didnt get on. Razzano made nasty commens to L'Equipe about Marion before the Eastbourne match. And Razzano tried to put her of in Strasbourg in 2007 I believe.

Momo was always seen as the top girl in French tennis, never disputed and suddenly little Marion comes along to be the top ranked Frenchwoman for pretty much the past 3 years, and the others dont like that, they're jealous. Momo and Emilie seemed to be the only French players Marion got on with at the time, she seems to have no relationship with any current ones with the exception of Alizé.

Didn't see this. Good post, thanks. Makes more sense now...

delicatecutter
I just realized that Marion retired in her last matches against Razzano, Rezai, and Golovin. :hysteric: Coincidence?

Dave.

Well Mauresmo and Pierce are of a different generation.

Or, those other players might see themselves as having similar capabilities to Marion, silly I know, and so are frustrated that she's gone so much further. That's the only reason I can come up with to explain their unfair and out-of-line treatment of their no.1 player.

young_gunner913
May 26th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Aravane wins a big tournament thinks she's hot shit. Like no kidding, this girl is just running her mouth like she won RG. Someone will bring her back to reality real soon. Aravane may have Madrid but at least Marion's reached a slam final and has been in the top 10 and has had the results to back up her bitch fights.

GAGAlady
May 26th, 2010, 10:28 PM
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/claws-sharpened-by-french-tennis-femmes-20100527-weo0.html

Aravane Rezai and Marion Bartoli, France's top two players, are locked in a bitter feud at Roland Garros that has spilled over into an ugly public slanging match.

Rezai has dominated national attention with the French public swooning over her exotic Iranian background and her tough upbringing in St Etienne as well as her tennis, which saw her defeat Venus Williams two weeks ago on her way to the Madrid title.

But former Wimbledon runner-up Bartoli is the French number one and bristles when the name of her rival comes up.

"Marion is a difficult girl. She already attacked me two years ago when I reached the final in Istanbul," said Rezai after reaching the French Open third round on Wednesday.

"If she has a problem with me, I don't know, because I did nothing. That's a bit of a shame, but that's her education. She has attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has.

"I think I have respect for players. I get on with many people. But with Marion, it's very difficult. She has difficulties getting included with the other girls."

Bartoli insists she is unconcerned by her low profile compared to Rezai.

"I don't give a damn," she said. "I don't need this to be motivated, frankly. I'm not jealous about anybody else's results.

"I don't envy anybody. I do my job every day."

Sadly, for those who would like to see the two take out their frustrations on court at the French Open, the players are in opposite sides of the draw, meaning they can only meet in the final.

Aravene has struck agin, this girl has a big mouth all right.

You know its pretty annoying to hear but at the same time she IS talking about Marion Bartoli, someone who is pretty nasty to everyone else for no apparent reason.

Marion and Aravene are two very bitchy negative divas who have need to learn to shut it at the press conferences, if they have beef they need to air it out face to face, talking trash behind someones back to the press is very cowardly and it shows little class.:kiss::wavey:

girls, grow up!:help:

Wiggly
May 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM
The thing is, if you're not from the French Tennis Federation, the Frenchies will not like you.

That's why the Fed Cup girls will moan and bitch about any French girl that didn't grow with them. And they're all delusional, thiniking they're all top 10 material. That's why they're jealous of Bartoli, because she's the one acheiving something out there.

VishaalMaria
So did Wozniacki. BFD.

Yeah, and Venus has five Wimbledon titles.

Loungy
They're all jealous that shes the top Frenchie since Momo stopped being good! :hearts:
That's like hobos being jealous of another hobo who found a half-eaten hamburger in a trash can. :sobbing:

I prefer Rezai to Bartoli in most aspects, but she needs to tone it down. Now.

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I was shocked to hear Rezai s voice very throaty kinda Barry White

Sammo
May 26th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Marion depends too much of her dad, she should be more open, although I think that Rezai has always been quite a jealous person, however she couldn't critize people when she was a shitty player 2 years ago, I don't really like her.

Dave.
May 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM

Of course they do, Marion's reach heights they have not and probably never will.

So did Wozniacki. BFD.

Ugh. Don't even compare them.

Pennetta > Voskoboeva
Govortsova => Martic
Peer > Cirstea
early-peak 2007 Jankovic > post-RG slumping Kuznetsova
Krajicek > Oudin
Henin >>>> Wickmayer
Losing to grass goat >>>> Losing to unranked wc.

sunsfuns
May 26th, 2010, 10:36 PM
You messed it up completely - it's Marion who comes across as super jealous person. And jealous not about tennis results, but about other French girls being more popular.

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 10:38 PM
REZAI should be more worried about her gold lame outfit..

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Of course they do, Marion's reach heights they have not and probably never will.

Aravane has already won a bigger tournament than Marion ever has. I don't think she's been back in the Top 10 since her Wimbledon F points fell off. Aravane has had a better season (she's 10th in the race, Bartoli is 26th) and hopefully will soon become the French #1. :worship:

narutos
May 26th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Aravane has already won a bigger tournament than Marion ever has. I don't think she's been back in the Top 10 since her Wimbledon F points fell off. Aravane has had a better season (she's 10th in the race, Bartoli is 26th) and hopefully will soon become the French #1. :worship:

You missed the joke.

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 10:41 PM

This. :lol:

Singleniacki
May 26th, 2010, 10:41 PM
OMG

Rezai STFU, look in a the mirror, and realize, you are the bitch!

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:42 PM
You messed it up completely - it's Marion who comes across as super jealous person. And jealous not about tennis results, but about other French girls being more popular.

I see Marion in attitude terms, the WTA equilavent of Soderling. They both really dont give a fuck what people think of them. They both do their own thing and dont care. And its a trait in both of thm which I love. At the end of the day, everyone is there to play tennis, and Marion has had a unquestionably better career then them.

You're wrong if you actually believe Marion is jealous, she hates most of the French journalists, Im sure shes happy that the spotlight if off her.

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Final of the most prestigeous tournament ever >>> winning Madrid

You can argue if you want but you know she has done better than Rezai over the course of their careers.

sunsfuns
May 26th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I see Marion in attitude terms, the WTA equilavent of Soderling. They both really dont give a fuck what people think of them. They both do their own thing and dont care. And its a trait in both of thm which I love. At the end of the day, everyone is there to play tennis, and Marion has had a unquestionably better career then them.

You're wrong if you actually believe Marion is jealous, she hates most of the French journalists, Im sure shes happy that the spotlight if off her.

Everybody likes to be appreciated and respected - even those who say they don't. Besides more popular also means more $$$$

CrossCourt~Rally
May 26th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I say throw them both out into the "bullring" and let them have it out :happy:

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 10:50 PM

Why the hell should she be worried about that? :lol:

toxina90
May 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I doubt Rezai has a friend on the tour, I really do...

Sofia :p

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Why the hell should she be worried about that? :lol::kiss::hearts::tape:hi:lol::wavey:

Sammo
May 26th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Amen

ViceUltramontain
May 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Marion can be weird and arrogant sometimes but she's a nice girl and a very clever person. She and her father build themself without the French Federation and should be proud of it.
Rezai has been helped by the French Federation (wild cards, etc..) and by the country and when she won her first big tournament two weeks ago, she said she was playing for Iran too, that's not very nice, without the French help she's nothing. She has to understand that she's not a star yet and stop bitching like this.
French players are jealous from Marion and bitchy with her for a while now and sometimes for no reasons like after the Fed Cup match against Germany when the first thing Cornet said after the qualification was "we don't need Marion to win", that was just free of charge and unnecessary. They're jealous cause Marion has a weird game and is not fit like them but she's more successful and they don't understand why.
Besides, I remember Marion played a lot in doubles before 2007 and with a lot of different girls (even with Sharapova) so she seems pretty well included with the other girls to me.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM

marion gets criticised by people and ignored by companies for endorsements because as she says, and rightly so, she isn't slim and "beautiful"...so she's hardened herself to not needing their approval, sticks with her father and speaks out about how she honestly feels instead of sprouting PC bullshit...it's why i like marion...

however rezai needs to get off her high horse...one tournament and she thinks she's the new it girl...it's all nice and stuff to speak your mind, but she's getting a bit deluded

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I say throw them both out in the "bullring" and let them have it out :happy:bullring:lol:that would be greasy :eek:eeww

juki
May 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
The full Rezai interview for context

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-26/201005261274899490008.html

Q. Yesterday Marion Bartoli, after she finished her match, she showed some jealousy against you and the interest we, the press, have for you instead of her. What do you think about it?

ARAVANE REZAI: Well, Marion is a difficult girl. She already attacked me two years ago when I reached the final in Istanbul. So it's a bit strange she says that, because okay, if she has a problem with me, I don't know, because I did nothing. That's a bit of a shame, but that's her education. I mean, she attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has. I think I have respect for players. I do what I have to do. I get on with many people. But with Marion, it's very difficult. She has difficulties getting included with the other girls.
But it's a shame she says that, because I'm a French player, just like her. So that kind of behavior is a bit of a shame, because I never had any bad behavior towards her. I always showed respect for the other players, and I think players that deserve to be spoken about in the media, well, it's because they deserve it.
But today I'm on the Fed Cup team, I'm part of many things. I try and get included to many things, and if she's not happy, she is not that much in the media. I guess she has to make efforts just like I did. Then she has to see what she wants to say.

tennisforadults
May 26th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I love Marion's answers.:hearts:

I second that. It's the classiest reply in this sort of awkward situation.

It's like Gaga replying 'I have no enemies' when asked about Christina Aguilera's 'Who is Gaga? Guy or girl?' comment. Sorry for the random pop culture reference. ;)

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-26/201005261274899490008.html

Q. Yesterday Marion Bartoli, after she finished her match, she showed some jealousy against you and the interest we, the press, have for you instead of her. What do you think about it?

ARAVANE REZAI: Well, Marion is a difficult girl. She already attacked me two years ago when I reached the final in Istanbul. So it's a bit strange she says that, because okay, if she has a problem with me, I don't know, because I did nothing. That's a bit of a shame, but that's her education. I mean, she attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has. I think I have respect for players. I do what I have to do. I get on with many people. But with Marion, it's very difficult. She has difficulties getting included with the other girls.
But it's a shame she says that, because I'm a French player, just like her. So that kind of behavior is a bit of a shame, because I never had any bad behavior towards her. I always showed respect for the other players, and I think players that deserve to be spoken about in the media, well, it's because they deserve it.
But today I'm on the Fed Cup team, I'm part of many things. I try and get included to many things, and if she's not happy, she is not that much in the media. I guess she has to make efforts just like I did. Then she has to see what she wants to say.

French media :weirdo: Difference with Marion is she knows how to handle them. Rezai clearly loves mouthin off.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 11:01 PM

Aravane fell for the bait, hook, line and sinker!

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I like it when the players speak their mind. Aravane is a lot like Serena in that regard. :worship:

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 11:06 PM
French media :weirdo: Difference with Marion is she knows how to handle them. Rezai clearly loves mouthin off.

Yeah, it was the media who were baiting her but Rezai's comment about education was really a bit :o

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I like it when the players speak their mind. Aravane is a lot like Serena in that regard. :worship:

Speaking one's mind is not a good thing when something stupid comes out of it. :shrug:

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Speaking one's mind is not a good thing when something stupid comes out of it. :shrug:

She has a right to defend herself if Marion has a problem with her for no reason.

ViceUltramontain
May 26th, 2010, 11:12 PM
She has a right to defend herself if Marion has a problem with her for no reason.

Marion was not attacking Rezai but the media and Rezai just answered something bitchy without knowing if Marion actually said something about her.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM

From that interview she sounds like the one with the problem... :shrug: Marion didn't really mention Rezai.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM

She does have a right to defend herself but the question that she was asked pretty much baited her and she fell for it and she doesn't come across well at all. Any mature person would dissmiss the question in case the press were fabricating what Bartoli actually said.

Anyway, If you defend yourself successfully you come across as the better person. Not in this case for Rezai.

No wonder the press had a field day.

mboyle
May 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Oh no! I thought they ate cake together in Aravane's caravan! My whole life is practically ruined now because of this feud. :(

DOUBLEFIST
May 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Rezai needs - demands - a good beat down. A good, ol' fashioned whippin'! She's runnin' her mouth too damn much in a very mean, catty fashion. As far as I know, Marion has NEVER done anything to warrant this treatment.

Rezai should shut her yap.

Please, Nadia, DO YOUR JOB!

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Marion was not attacking Rezai but the media and Rezai just answered something bitchy without knowing if Marion actually said something about her.

Well they clearly misled her and there is probably no love lost there anyway. :shrug: Aravane is just as entertaining off the court as she is on it. :hearts:

Gdsimmons
May 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Lol. She attacked her in the press. I feel like im in The Real Housewives or something

ViceUltramontain
May 26th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Rezai needs - demands - a good beat down. A good, ol' fashioned whippin'! She's runnin' her mouth too damn much in a very mean, catty fashion. As far as I know, Marion has NEVER done anything to warrant this treatment.

I agree, I'm mad about Nadia since Melbourne but I'll support her like I've never supported anyone except Kim. Rezai need a good bagel to remember who she is.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Nadia very well can bagel Rezai if she is in the zone (although I doubt it given Aravane's cutrrent form), but she can also lose in horrible fashion. Go for the bagel, Nadia :drool:

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I agree, I'm mad about Nadia since Melbourne but I'll support her like I've never supported anyone except Kim. Rezai need a good bagel to remember who she is.

If I was mad at anyone in that match in Melbourne, it was Kim for playing the worst friggin' match of her life... :fiery: Go Nadia!

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Lol. She attacked her in the press. I feel like im in The Real Housewives or something

Aravane kinda favors Danielle from The Real Housewives of New Jersey and Bartoli looks a lot like Jackiline:lol::tape:

Chakvenus
May 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
i hope they meet on grass and Marion kicks her ass.

Volcana
May 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Even commenting on the issue itself is a bit silly. These are two people who travel around the world together in what's essentially a social bubble. This could have started as an argument over who got the last rat salary at Indian Wells. 2009 Indian Wells.

They are both among the 20 or 30 best in the world at their chosen profession. I admire them for that. But as for who likes who, who cares? if they get along so badly they won;t be onthe same Fed Cup team, it's an issue. Otherwise, it's just another lover's quarrel.

iPatty
May 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Rezai's shots land in the court for a week and she runs her mouth about everyone. :rolls:

WhatTheDeuce
It is more like Rezai has problems with everyone.
So because she has issues with Jankovic, which practically everyone does, she has a problem with everyone? Get over it already LOL. You can count on one hand the players who have had issues with Rezai.

Noctis
Boring exchanges.

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Rezai's shots land in the court for a week and she runs her mouth about everyone. :rolls:

She probably already ran her mouth before but people are only noticing now that she's become a threat after blowing the field away in Madrid :hearts:

Olórin
May 26th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Let's face it...this isn't Hingis-Serena or Hingis-Kournikova

Drama over nothing. :yawn:

Kipling
Even commenting on the issue itself is a bit silly. These are two people who travel around the world together in what's essentially a social bubble. This could have started as an argument over who got the last rat salary at Indian Wells. 2009 Indian Wells.

They are both among the 20 or 30 best in the world at their chosen profession. I admire them for that. But as for who likes who, who cares? if they get along so badly they won;t be onthe same Fed Cup team, it's an issue. Otherwise, it's just another lover's quarrel.

Who thought there'd be a voice of reason in this thread? Impressed. :yeah:

Jovana.
She just can't shut up :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2010, 11:48 PM
And to the people saying Rezai is only doing this as a result of more recent wins, she's always spoken her mind and has never used her results as a means of justifying her opinion, nor should she need to. Hate her or love her, this woman is good for the game both on and off the court.

Bartoli was a little bitch to me as well when I met her in Montreal, so I'm sure all the shit talking with regards to her is true.

is1531
May 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I think Rezai and Bartoli are very solid tennis players. Marion loves France, but I believe the Iranian soldier loves Iran and could care less about France. I really believe that. The sky is the limit for Rezai, but she likes to showcase she is a fighter on and off the court. It all started with Michelle Larcher Debrito. Michelle was right when she stated how come she never said anything about Sharapova grunting. It's obvious, if Rezai picked on Sharapova all the Americans would remember that when she comes to the USA. Rezai is smart, she knows who to pick on.

The WTA has a lack of characters, so they need players like Jelena Jankovic who is character number 1 in a very good way for the sport. She is a bundle of laughs. Maybe Rezai wants to become a character, but it does not happen overnight. I have to give it to Rezai, since her game is electric.

tonybotz
May 26th, 2010, 11:59 PM
its so superficial. if marion were svelt and hot the french media would be creaming over her. hell, the global media would.
you've come a long way, baby!

njtennis17
May 27th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I'm not a big Bartoli fan, but Rezai is just awful. I can't stand anything about her, this girl needs to just shut up and snap back to reality. I really hope these two meet up in the next few weeks, preferably at Wimbledon.

Kipling
May 27th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Michelle was right when she stated how come she never said anything about Sharapova grunting. It's obvious, if Rezai picked on Sharapova all the Americans would remember that when she comes to the USA. Rezai is smart, she knows who to pick on.

But Aravane actually did say something to Maria. As she told Larcher de Brito that day, "I DID tell Sharapova to shut up."

She's hardly alone in that sentiment. Navratilova says that the screaming is cheating, pure and simple. I dunno if I'd go that far, but it's definitely gamesmanship, and if Aravane called them on it, good for her.

hurricanejeanne
May 27th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I say the more outspoken characters the tour has, the better. :shrug:

Keadz
May 27th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Rezai was the nicest player I have met, she smiles and signs for EVERYBODY. She speaks her mind as well, good for her. About time someone did, nothing she has said is too outrageous anyway.

Her game is :hearts: Happy to see her getting some recent success.

aisha
May 27th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Bitches, please! :tape: :o

Bobisa
May 27th, 2010, 12:42 AM
shut up Rezai.... :o

envisiond2010
May 27th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Players make breakthroughs and disappear all the time. It's just a matter of time Razai :tape:

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Rezai you are not Hingis.

delicatecutter
May 27th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Rezai you are not Hingis.

That's true. Rezai didn't famously say the GOAT was past her prime only to later get beaten by her in epic fashion. :rolls: OTOH Aravane had nothing but nice things to say about Venus, who is now nearly the same age Steffi was when she retired.

ZODIAC
May 27th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Rezai has a deep Barry White voice...has anyone noticed

darkchild
May 27th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Rezai was the nicest player I have met, she smiles and signs for EVERYBODY.

Of course, both :worship:ed her shining outfit.

matty
May 27th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Oh enough already, Rezai.

I second this.

Zeus.
May 27th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I'm sure that both of them don't have friends.

If even the French players don't like them, it must point out that there's something fundamentally wrong with both of them.

:shrug:

So Disrespectful
May 27th, 2010, 02:18 AM
The same girl who kicked two young Russian's bags and equipment with her father because she couldn't stand to share, is talking about uneducated people?

WhatTheDeuce
May 27th, 2010, 02:20 AM
The same girl who kicked two young Russian's bags and equipment
:haha: Love that story.

I'm starting to die laughing every time I read the thread title. :smoke: Good God, David.

DOUBLEFIST
May 27th, 2010, 02:25 AM

I disagree.

They're supposed to both be players representing their country, ready when called upon. In that sense, they're on the "same" team. Therefore, to me, this is no different, or no less news worthy, than squabbles on the Yankees or Lakers or _______ fill in the blank.

dsanders06
May 27th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I disagree.

They're supposed to both be players representing their country, ready when called upon. In that sense, they're on the "same" team. Therefore, to me, this is no different, or no less news worthy, than squabbles on the Yankees or Lakers or _______ fill in the blank.

The difference being that no-one actually gives a crap about Fed Cup.

Brett.
May 27th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Of course, both :worship:ed her shining outfit.

and her golden jewelleries, because she likes to show off how hot she really is! she's so in love with herself! :rolleyes:

She looks awful with her shiny dress :o

Roookie
May 27th, 2010, 02:41 AM
She's full of sh!t...she's the one talk-trashing other players. STFU already Aravane.

Hantuchov
May 27th, 2010, 02:54 AM
i remember france had some classy players years ago but now :lol: these 2 things should just shut up and play tennis instead to bitch about everyone and everything :weirdo:

Nathalie Dechy :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :sad:

M.P
May 27th, 2010, 02:55 AM
let's see when willl she "off" :p

Becool
May 27th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Lol

Love Some Bitchiness

Go Aravane

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Thre French women are at it again

Tenis Srbija
May 27th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I liked this Rezai girl...and then she started talking :tape::rolleyes:

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Rezai was the nicest player I have met, she smiles and signs for EVERYBODY. She speaks her mind as well, good for her. About time someone did, nothing she has said is too outrageous anyway.

Her game is :hearts: Happy to see her getting some recent success.

EXACTLY! When i met her she smiled at me and talked to me, Marion looked at me, considered walking away, then thought better of it and signed something for me, didn't look at me and mumbled "merci" when i told her she played well.

I love them both but Aravane is not this kind of terrible person, just not media savvy!

also just as a point to the translation, Aravane said Marion has problems integrating herself with the other girls, not the other way around. Her point was that she (aravane) has tried hard to be accepted and comprimised and it has (for the most part) worked well. She also meant with the education comment that Marion has more education than her, not the other way round.

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Nathalie Dechy :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :sad:

i hope you're joking, because Dechy was a foul mouthed bitch.

tennisbum79
May 27th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I liked this Rezai girl...and then she started talking :tape::rolleyes:
As far as France is concerned, this kind of feud has existed among the french players since the days of Natalie Tauziat.
Rezai seems to be probably taking it to new hights because she does not hold back.

Some women were even excluded from the FedCup team because the ones already on the team like them.

tennisforadults
May 27th, 2010, 03:45 AM
EXACTLY! When i met her she smiled at me and talked to me, Marion looked at me, considered walking away, then thought better of it and signed something for me, didn't look at me and mumbled "merci" when i told her she played well.

I love them both but Aravane is not this kind of terrible person, just not media savvy!

also just as a point to the translation, Aravane said Marion has problems integrating herself with the other girls, not the other way around. Her point was that she (aravane) has tried hard to be accepted and comprimised and it has (for the most part) worked well. She also meant with the education comment that Marion has more education than her, not the other way round.

I'm sorry, that 5 minutes of interaction with a player asking for an autograph to be signed is SO superficial when judging someone's character or personality. Yes first impressions last but making an analysis of whether someone is truly 'nice' or not using such slim evidence is inadequate at best.

The truth is... we really don't know, so I'm not going to call any of them a bitch or saint. They both speak their minds but having a public slanging match is pretty unprofessional (unless you're the bitchy type who loves drama).

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I'm sorry, that 5 minutes of interaction with a player asking for an autograph to be signed is SO superficial when judging someone's character or personality. Yes first impressions last but making an analysis of whether someone is truly 'nice' or not using such slim evidence is inadequate at best.

The truth is... we really don't know, so I'm not going to call any of them a bitch or saint. They both speak their minds but having a public slanging match is pretty unprofessional (unless you're the bitchy type who loves drama).

Firstly, I've followed both of them for basically their entire careers, so I know a bit more than the casual GM observer. and well, It's always said you can judge a person's character by how they treat the people "lesser" than them. Either way it offers more of an insight than pure speculation.

As I also said in my post, I love both of them but I think neither is crazy devil woman..it's just the french media LOVES the dramz.

duhcity
May 27th, 2010, 03:58 AM

Azarenka signs every autograph every time. Stops and takes pictures with fans. Sveta doesn't. Clearly, CLEARLY, Vika must be a saint and Sveta must be some heinous greedy bitch.

But Aravane actually did say something to Maria. As she told Larcher de Brito that day, "I DID tell Sharapova to shut up."

She's hardly alone in that sentiment. Navratilova says that the screaming is cheating, pure and simple. I dunno if I'd go that far, but it's definitely gamesmanship, and if Aravane called them on it, good for her.

So Aravene called them out on it, and then did it herself. Kay.

I know it might be hard to accept, but Aravene is as big a bitch (or maybe bigger) than Bartoli, JJ, Serena etc. Embrace it. It makes her interesting and popular.

DimaDinosaur
May 27th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Rezai has been badmouthing other players to the media starting with Serena in Australia,Jankovic,Henin now Bartoli

what did she say ab out serena and Henin?

AcesHigh
May 27th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Rezai is a huge bitch. This is nothing new. I don't see why anyone should be surprised.

Jajaloo
May 27th, 2010, 04:15 AM

I agree. The 2 minutes of talking to a player in passing at the AO is not enough to judge any player.

The comments Rezai makes seem to be unwarranted. She might be asked about it, but she doesn't have to be so blunt. She's in the spotlight. Which spotlight I don't know, but people seem to care what she says. So as should be more careful.

Bartoli seems to be the most hated on the tour.

Veritas
May 27th, 2010, 04:34 AM

In Rezai's defence, She's still fairly young, so people have gotta give her some room to mature. She'll eventually learn how to handle these sort of situations. Right now isn't the time to expect her to always smooth talk through an interview. Still, whoever's responsible for her PR should drill into her mind that it's best to shut up because these sort of comments stick with you for an entire career.

And to those who get on her back about her attitude, maybe there's confusion there between 'arrogance' and 'confidence'. I've yet to see Rezai herself act or talk like she's the top shit - it's the media pumping up all the hype. Besides, it wasn't just 'any' title she'd just won; it was MADRID. And in case anyone's forgotten, it's this massive title that gets a grand-slam like field. So she's got every right to feel more confident than she had been before.

I'm with Marion though. She's cute :hearts:

Veritas
May 27th, 2010, 04:41 AM

At least Marion acknowledged your compliment. Golovin glared at me and walked away, wordless, when I wished her luck at the Australian Open a few years back.

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 27th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Slutavane Terroristezai should shut up already.

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 27th, 2010, 05:25 AM
what did she say ab out serena and Henin?

She said Serena's game did not impress her at all. Don't know about Justine. :lol:

Langers
May 27th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Seriously, if she keeps this up, Rezai will be my new favourite player. :worship:

Marion. :lol:

Pasta-Na
May 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2010-05/27_11199424_1.jpg

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2010-05/27_11199452_1.jpg

Daniel K
May 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
^^^^ Awww poor boy.

Bonfire
May 27th, 2010, 05:43 AM
What the hell happened to that crying child??

Bonfire
May 27th, 2010, 05:45 AM
sorry just realized my question has already been answered in previous posts...nevermind

DOUBLEFIST
May 27th, 2010, 05:47 AM
The difference being that no-one actually gives a crap about Fed Cup.
:lol:

True.

Harju.
May 27th, 2010, 06:03 AM
:lol: @ this thread.

http://i38.tinypic.com/f2u4rd.jpg

Zin
May 27th, 2010, 06:21 AM
She said Serena's game did not impress her at all. Don't know about Justine. :lol:

She NEVER said that. She said in French that she wasn't intimidated by Serena but her statement has been mistranslated.

MAGIKARPETTA
May 27th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Aravane is an idol

Jajaloo
May 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
What the hell happened to that crying child??

Marion stole his doughnut as she was leaving the court.

дalex
May 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
So because she has issues with Jankovic, which practically everyone does, she has a problem with everyone? Get over it already LOL. You can count on one hand the players who have had issues with Rezai.

Uhm... What's this about "practically everyone" having an issue with Jelena? :lol:

Anyway, even if there are a few players who are jealous of The Empress, she has never been as rude, blunt and stupid as Rezai. This girl just says things for no apparent reason. When she first started talking about Jelena's alleged bad sportsmanship before Dubai, Jelena probably didn't even know about her. Even in Madrid, Jelena said nothing that bad, she said Aravane hits so hard that she probably doesn't know where her shots are gonna land. She gave Rezai a cold handshake and that was it and Aravane went on to say Jelena is a "horrible person".

Here, Marion said nothing about Rezai, she only used sarcasm to complain about journalist who are constantly asking her about Rezai's recent success. Look what Aravane has said in return!

She NEVER said that. She said in French that she wasn't intimidated by Serena but her statement has been mistranslated.

Did she say Serena "tried to intimidate her"? She said that about Jelena in Madrid. :lol:

Anyway, Aravane can say what she wants. At least she's interesting, but she should try harder not to come off as stupid.

Elwin.
May 27th, 2010, 08:23 AM
:haha: :haha:

John.
May 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Oh dear

Vaidisova Ruled
May 27th, 2010, 08:31 AM

I wonder what was Maria's reaction.
Maybe, death stare + look that means "bitch, you talking to me?" :lol:

And BTW, if Aravane said that, it's because she wanted to have a psychological advantage on Maria, and she tried the same on Michelle. Like Michelle said really well, "Aravane didn't care about my screams when she was winning".

Aravane is so fucking dumb. But I mean, it's her education.

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I agree. The 2 minutes of talking to a player in passing at the AO is not enough to judge any player.

The comments Rezai makes seem to be unwarranted. She might be asked about it, but she doesn't have to be so blunt. She's in the spotlight. Which spotlight I don't know, but people seem to care what she says. So as should be more careful.

Bartoli seems to be the most hated on the tour.

That's rich coming from you! :rolleyes:

Jajaloo
May 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
That's rich coming from you! :rolleyes:

You should bold the next sentence too. I'm not in the spotlight. Newspapers don't publish my posts. Biiieeetch!

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
You should bold the next sentence too. I'm not in the spotlight. Newspapers don't publish my posts. Biiieeetch!

yeah but no one caring about what you say has never stopped you acting like the H.B.I.C.

Jajaloo
May 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
yeah but no one caring about what you say has never stopped you acting like the H.B.I.C.

It's because, I am the captain. I am the HBIC.

I really shouldn't have to re-phrase this, but the reason I can be blunt, is because I'm not a professional tennis player. My point is Rezai should be careful with what she says. She's pissing off all the wrong people. Jelena, Marion... Serena?

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2010, 09:09 AM
It's because, I am the captain. I am the HBIC.

I really shouldn't have to re-phrase this, but the reason I can be blunt, is because I'm not a professional tennis player. My point is Rezai should be careful with what she says. She's pissing off all the wrong people. Jelena, Marion... Serena?

Serena doesn't care, Jelena is more interested in her golden globe for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series/USO Grand Final RU Speech. Marion is the only one that got annoyed by the constant questions of the media. Marion actually hasn't responded yet to what Rezai said. Anyway I agreed with you before, she needs to be media savvy.

GrandMartha
May 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Caravane has gone too far.:o

MaBaker
May 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM

lol, wth ?

Ashi
May 27th, 2010, 09:41 AM
This is getting boring now. :yawn:

Pasta-Na
May 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Marion stole his doughnut as she was leaving the court.

:spit:

tennis-insomniac
May 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM
i don't like her she talks too much :(

Chance
May 27th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Rezai has a deep Barry White voice...has anyone noticed

lol. nah she doesn't:p

I find Rezai interesting and these days it's really hard to find a player who has game and personality

Sergius
May 27th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Especially she got on with Chakvetadze and Vesnina trying to make a quarrel and kikking their bags. Hypocrisy:lol:

ivanban
May 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
lol, wth ?

Kid likes Rafa and was so disheartened to realise that the only autograph he can get is Marion's or Rezai's :tears:

Patrick345
May 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Marion depends too much of her dad, she should be more open, although I think that Rezai has always been quite a jealous person, however she couldn't critize people when she was a shitty player 2 years ago, I don't really like her.

She was a shitty player two weeks ago. She´ll be a shitty player in two weeks. :lol:

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
That's true. Rezai didn't famously say the GOAT was past her prime only to later get beaten by her in epic fashion. :rolls: OTOH Aravane had nothing but nice things to say about Venus, who is now nearly the same age Steffi was when she retired.

girl don't even.

brickhousesupporter
May 27th, 2010, 11:06 AM

This is kind of a dumb post. I want players to be honest and not say the typical answers. Let me know what you are feeling, as I can better deal with you when I know what to expect. I can't believe people are actually wanting players to be two faced and insincere.

If this is how Rezai wants her tennis persona and career to go, I say more power to her. At least she can always say, that she told the truth about how she felt.

debby
May 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Rezai is so overrated and has a big mouth. Gosh I can't stand her.

pigam
May 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Ok, MARION is friends with my fav (JUSTINE), so i'll take her side :) (atlho I havn't forgotten how rude she was to me at the YEC 2007 :eek:)
I think REZAÏ is pushing the envelope here. She better be carefull all the media attention doens't hinder her in her GS-quest.

pigam
May 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM

Is this kid called roger Federer ;)?

Vanity Bonfire
May 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Apparently Rezai's dad got into a fight a couple of days ago in the RG complex:lol:

Danii's Law
May 27th, 2010, 01:28 PM
God I hate fat Marion.
Rezai is the shit Marion looks like it. ZING

timafi
May 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Apparently Rezai's dad got into a fight a couple of days ago in the RG complex:lol:

what?:eek: not again:help:

Uranus
May 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Haha, Tatiana Golovin just talked about it on French TV.
She said Marion wasn't friends with the other French girls, always defensive. And not playing Fed Cup to improve her relationships.
Then the told it was tough with Aravane at the beginning, but now she's trying to open up to other people, played Fed Cup, etc.
But Rezai still has too big of a mouth :lol:.

Volcana
May 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I disagree.

They're supposed to both be players representing their country, ready when called upon. In that sense, they're on the "same" team.That's an extremely limited 'sense', given that's it only concerns Fed Cup or Olympic doubles. Other than that, they literaly need not acknowledge the other's existence as anything but a faceless opponent.Therefore, to me, this is no different, or no less news worthy, than squabbles on the Yankees or Lakers or _______ fill in the blank.Those are team sports. The sports can't be played without inter-acting with the other person. And even then, I consider most of the interpersonl stuff less than news-worthy. For what pro-athletes in team sports get paid, they can put aside personal feelings, in favor of personal wealth.

Lighter
May 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Marion played doubles with Emilie Loit, Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro or Tatiana Golovin in the past. But Marion trains more often with players like Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva or Shahaar Peer. And in Nyons, she only trains with males sparring partners.

Most of french players live in Paris or play for a team close to Paris. So, she rarely meets them, even on the tour.

Vanity Bonfire
May 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
what?:eek: not again:help:

I bet it was with Walter:inlove:

Matt01
May 27th, 2010, 02:42 PM
She said Marion wasn't friends with the other French girls, always defensive. And not playing Fed Cup to improve her relationships.
Then the told it was tough with Aravane at the beginning, but now she's trying to open up to other people, played Fed Cup, etc.

So Rezai was only speaking the truth :angel:

améliemomo
May 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
She's right.

Bartoli is anti-social and Aravane say what everyone think.
Even Amélie said on the french press that she's acting as a jealous personn cause french medias talks more about aravane than her.
Even on interviews you clearly see she's annoyed about all the attention aravane gets.
But at the same time she hates the french media pressure.
You cant get her really, she's SO WEIRD.:silly:

Caillou
May 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I think Rezai likes hearing herself talk too much. She needs a beatdown rena style ASAP

Dandy_Warhol
May 27th, 2010, 05:24 PM
shit just got real :speakles:

http://i40.tinypic.com/w9xvds.jpg@Rezai

$uricate
May 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Marion has difficulty being included in the same room as the other French girls.

They need to make a special oversize door or something :o

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hummm...Why is everyone attacking Rezai?

Cake is the one who always had problems...
Remember when she didn't shake hands with Razzano at a grass tourney I can't remember?
And when she lost against Peng in Strasbourg and started to attack the press, that they were to pressure-y and what-not.

I love to see her play, but I think she is quite detestable as a person.

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Oh, and Golovin and Mauresmo, the commentator godesses, agree with Rezai.

Wiggly
May 27th, 2010, 07:23 PM

These two are Fed Cup aka French Federation girls.
They'll hate anyone that is French and didn't grow up in the French system.

ViceUltramontain
May 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM

Wrong, Mauresmo said that she was not aware of what happened between Rezai and Bartoli so she can't pronounce herself.

debby
May 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hummm...Why is everyone attacking Rezai?

Cake is the one who always had problems...
Remember when she didn't shake hands with Razzano at a grass tourney I can't remember?
And when she lost against Peng in Strasbourg and started to attack the press, that they were to pressure-y and what-not.

I love to see her play, but I think she is quite detestable as a person.

Razzano dismissed Bartoli before that match in french press.

Marion is not hypocritical, so :worship: to her.

Bartoli's Boy
May 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Ugh @ the press. This is all their fault.

The other day they asked Marion some horrible leading questions, trying to stir up controversy. How does she feel about Rezai getting all the attention, when Marion is French number 1, not Rezai? Can she explain why all the French girls have played badly this year, etc.

Marion replies with "I couldn't care less", which is not the best thing to say, but it's understandable when your home country's press is being so hostile to you. But it isn't any kind of negative statement about Rezai, it's just a "leave me alone" kind of statement. Basically Marion acted hostile back to the press, but refused to get into a fight with Rezai.

But since Marion didn't react in the way that they wanted her to, the press just change her words and tell Aravane that Marion was making jealous comments about her success. Maybe Marion is jealous, maybe she isn't, but she didn't say anything about it during her press conference. So now Rezai thinks Marion is insulting her and responds by insulting her back. She shouldn't have done that either, but it's also understandable to want to fight back if you feel that you're under attack.

But if there wasn't a feud between the two of them before, there definitely will be now, because the press manipulated Rezai into attacking Marion. Ugh, I think it's more than just selling newspapers, some of these journalists just get off on creating conflict.

Zébulon
May 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM
She's right.

Bartoli is anti-social and Aravane say what everyone think.
Even Amélie said on the french press that she's acting as a jealous personn cause french medias talks more about aravane than her.
Even on interviews you clearly see she's annoyed about all the attention aravane gets.
But at the same time she hates the french media pressure.
You cant get her really, she's SO WEIRD.:silly:
Aravane should just shut up instead of feeding the beast. some "journalists" are trying to sell their papers with stupid gossip about girls feuds. Bartoli lost her temper the other day and let slip the kind of things they wanted, the veryu reason they kept asking her about aravane in the first place... :rolleyes: now aravane gives them everything, just to make people forget her former problem with the french federation. she's using bartoli as a scapegoat. what a way to build a team, btw.

Golovin just loved attacking bartoli a couple of years back, saying she felt more french than her and this sort of highly clever remarks. then on tv she smiled and said she had no problem with marion, only to lash at her later in the interview. :rolleyes: she was such an hypocrite about it. nice to see she's consistent. :lol:

Zébulon
May 27th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ugh @ the press. This is all their fault.

The other day they asked Marion some horrible leading questions, trying to stir up controversy. How does she feel about Rezai getting all the attention, when Marion is French number 1, not Rezai? Can she explain why all the French girls have played badly this year, etc.

Marion replies with "I couldn't care less", which is not the best thing to say, but it's understandable when your home country's press is being so hostile to you. But it isn't any kind of negative statement about Rezai, it's just a "leave me alone" kind of statement. Basically Marion acted hostile back to the press, but refused to get into a fight with Rezai.

But since Marion didn't react in the way that they wanted her to, the press just change her words and tell Aravane that Marion was making jealous comments about her success. Maybe Marion is jealous, maybe she isn't, but she didn't say anything about it during her press conference. So now Rezai thinks Marion is insulting her and responds by insulting her back. She shouldn't have done that either, but it's also understandable to want to fight back if you feel that you're under attack.

But if there wasn't a feud between the two of them before, there definitely will be now, because the press manipulated Rezai into attacking Marion. Ugh, I think it's more than just selling newspapers, some of these journalists just get off on creating conflict.

amen to that.

this said, there's bartoli losing her temper on the one hand, and rezai talking at length about marion's lack of integration on the other hand. she cdoesn't seem to have needed a lot of incentive to stir up things even more.

WhatTheDeuce
May 27th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Uhm... What's this about "practically everyone" having an issue with Jelena? :lol:

Anyway, even if there are a few players who are jealous of The Empress, she has never been as rude, blunt and stupid as Rezai. This girl just says things for no apparent reason. When she first started talking about Jelena's alleged bad sportsmanship before Dubai, Jelena probably didn't even know about her. Even in Madrid, Jelena said nothing that bad, she said Aravane hits so hard that she probably doesn't know where her shots are gonna land. She gave Rezai a cold handshake and that was it and Aravane went on to say Jelena is a "horrible person".

Here, Marion said nothing about Rezai, she only used sarcasm to complain about journalist who are constantly asking her about Rezai's recent success. Look what Aravane has said in return!
My issue with this is you're just assuming everything. Maybe she had no reason to say these things from your perspective, but you're not on tour with them, you don't know what goes on in the locker rooms, who talks shit about who to their other player friends, you don't know any details with regards to why one player might feel a certain way about another, other than what's said in press conferences.

Don't just make assumptions. The way I see it, if Aravane has that big a problem with Jankovic and Bartoli (saying everyone does was an exaggeration, but really, it's clearly a trend) then I'm sure she has her own valid reasons as to why she feels that way. And I'm not gonna take it like she just went into a press conference and ran her mouth for no reason in particular, just to be a bitch to someone who she doesn't know LOL. I think it's ignorant to think she would do that.

WhatTheDeuce
May 27th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Did Tati say that part too? :haha:

WhatTheDeuce
May 27th, 2010, 08:17 PM
My issue with this is you're just assuming everything. Maybe she had no reason to say these things from your perspective, but you're not on tour with them, you don't know what goes on in the locker rooms, who talks shit about who to their other player friends, you don't know any details with regards to why one player might feel a certain way about another, other than what's said in press conferences.

Don't just make assumptions. The way I see it, if Aravane has that big a problem with Jankovic and Bartoli (saying everyone does was an exaggeration, but really, it's clearly a trend) then I'm sure she has her own valid reasons as to why she feels that way. And I'm not gonna take it like she just went into a press conference and ran her mouth for no reason in particular, just to be a bitch to someone who she doesn't know LOL. I think it's ignorant to think she would do that.
And to add to this post, I do agree that it does seem really easy for the press to trick Aravane into getting a juicy quote. And perhaps sometimes she says more than she 'should'. But really, this is the most fun TF has been in a while and it's because of Rezai and her shit-stirring. And I don't think I've seen anyone hit harder off the ground EVER, than when Rezai gets all her weight behind a shot.

My point: she's an asset to the tour in every way. On the court she's feisty, electric and exciting. Off the court she speaks her mind (perhaps to a fault) and isn't shying away from the spotlight or fame that brings added pressure.

Now I just hope she keeps improving on the court, and in time I think she'll become more aware of how to handle press conferences and just become more mature in general. I say give the girl a break and realize that this is an issue that's so fueled to death by the media that in actuality it's probably not half as bad in real life. And Rezai, with regards to fans, has always been extremely nice and talkative, and has a reputation of signing every last autograph she's asked for, with a smile. The French players are appreciating the effort that she's making now in order to improve the relationships she has with her colleagues and countrywomen. She's not a bad person by any means as far as I'm concerned, and the girl is trying.

justine schnyder
May 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM
go Rezai lol

2moretogo
May 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM

This is too much pressure for Nadia. She can not deal with the stress of saving the WTA tour from this woman. :devil:

I think what you have in Rezai's case is a very head strong, out spoken woman. A woman who is, probably for the very first time, dealing with media on a whole another level. As in multiple interview requests (by non-French media outlets), not just being quoted in an article about somebody else, but actually being the subject of the article, and so on.

She seems to have an axe to grind with Marion and or JJ (and anyone else who dares cross her path). Some for on-going feuds, others it seems like for things that have happended a while ago. It is just now, she actually has an outlet to voice her displeasure.

I will say that she is building quite a long list of quotes for when she turns from media darling to media target.

Dav.
May 27th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Aravane should just shut up instead of feeding the beast. some "journalists" are trying to sell their papers with stupid gossip about girls feuds. Bartoli lost her temper the other day and let slip the kind of things they wanted, the veryu reason they kept asking her about aravane in the first place... :rolleyes: now aravane gives them everything, just to make people forget her former problem with the french federation. she's using bartoli as a scapegoat. what a way to build a team, btw.

Golovin just loved attacking bartoli a couple of years back, saying she felt more french than her and this sort of highly clever remarks. then on tv she smiled and said she had no problem with marion, only to lash at her later in the interview. :rolleyes: she was such an hypocrite about it. nice to see she's consistent. :lol:

We all get that you don't like Tati. Thanks.

Zébulon
May 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
We all get that you don't like Tati. Thanks.
Well, she makes it very hard to appreciate RG on tv this year, and I don't like watching stuff mute. :shrug: If all she can give us is old gossip and bitchy comments, well, she'd better cook for her boyfriend away from the spotlight. She seems all too happy to keep all the clichés about girls/women/wta alive. Like it's all about nose job and feuds.
Also she makes Luyat very very daft, and I used to like him. ;) He doesn't know much about tennis but he was good at what he was doing. Now he's :tape: .
So, no, indeed, i can't say I like her. :) Not as a tennis consultant anyway. :wavey:

Kipling
May 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You guys attacking her really need to read the entire interview instead of a sensationized headline posted by somebody with an axe to grind. She was bated by some joker trying to get a quote for his rag, deliberately provoked with a question about "what Marion said about you".....She answered the question asked and said she didn't know why Marion started attacking her in the press because she hadn't ever done or said anything to provoke it, and that she felt it was natural that the press would be asking her about her win in Madrid rather than focusing on Marion at this time.

The responses here are about a hundred times as extreme as anything Aravane said.

Kipling
May 27th, 2010, 09:46 PM
And Rezai, with regards to fans, has always been extremely nice and talkative, and has a reputation of signing every last autograph she's asked for, with a smile.

And she doesn't just put some scribble down for her name, either. Hers is about the only one I've seen that's actually readable, and stylish. She is the best, so friendly. She must have posed for at least a half dozen pictures with me in Miami, as Patrick snapped them off, and that was after a really long, hard practice. She's a very sweet girl.

Look--they all work really hard for success and appreciate the recognition when it comes. She's obviously excited about the way she is playing and the attention she is getting and feels confident but that hardly makes her a "bitch". On the other hand, the reactions of a lot of posters in this thread lead me to believe that some of you really need to be medicated.

дalex
May 27th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Why is what you just wrote in the second paragraph not an assumption?

I think we can all judge for ourselves whether Jelena is a bad sport or whether she was trying to "intimidate" Aravane during their match in Madrid. And before making that comment just before Dubai tournament, Aravane had played only one match against Jelena and it was in 2007. So, if she can comment on Jelena's sportsmanship she can only do it like the rest of us who are watching the matches.

As for saying that Jelena is an horrible person, sure she's allowed to think and say that, but if the comment comes after Jelena "trying to intimidate her" and after Rezai was asked what does she think of Jelena's comments questioning her game... I think I'm at least allowed to assume that she's exaggerating if not actually just trying to bite back.

Sure Jelena could have been horrible to Aravane, although I have problems imagining in what way other than being arrogant or not being overly friendly. So unless Aravane tells us that too, she will be the one coming off as a "horrible person".

But honestly, as far as I'm concerned Aravane seems like someone who lacks manners. She's not THAT young, she should know better than answering every critique or anything less than adoration with a pretty low comment. I agree that she's a good asset to the tour, especially if she can keep up with this form. And I hope she will at least tone her comments down a bit. I mean, seriously...

ce
May 27th, 2010, 11:45 PM
they both hate Jelena :inlove:

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Why is what you just wrote in the second paragraph not an assumption?
I said if she feels a certain way about someone, there's likely to be a valid reason. I guess you could technically call that an assumption, sure, but to me it just seems like common sense to assume someone says something for a reason. If she said it just to stir shit up for the sake of drama, that wouldn't make sense to me. And I stand by the fact that there's likely more to it than what you've seen on TV and what may have happened when they played each other. Think about it, there's just so much more time and place over the course of a season where altercations and disagreements could happen. Stuff that's not covered by the press or TV.

Ultimately I just think it's the difference between a fair assumption, and a nonsensical one.

I think we can all judge for ourselves whether Jelena is a bad sport or whether she was trying to "intimidate" Aravane during their match in Madrid. And before making that comment just before Dubai tournament, Aravane had played only one match against Jelena and it was in 2007. So, if she can comment on Jelena's sportsmanship she can only do it like the rest of us who are watching the matches.
Never said anything about Jelena being a bad sport, but yeah, that's totally objective. It only takes one experience to pass judgement on someone, and that's how Rezai feels. She's Jankovic's colleague, they play many of the same tournaments throughout the year, share locker rooms, probably have different circles of players they get along with. While yes, you have every right to pass judgment based on what you see yourself, I'll take her word over yours with regards to player attitudes and tendencies. Just like I'd take most any tour player's word over members of a message board. They live their lives on tour, they've had more experiences with the players and more of a personal basis to pass that judgment. That's not to say each opinion of each player is true and they know it all, but they definitely have reasons to believe what they believe and feel the way they do. First hand.

As for saying that Jelena is an horrible person, sure she's allowed to think and say that, but if the comment comes after Jelena "trying to intimidate her" and after Rezai was asked what does she think of Jelena's comments questioning her game... I think I'm at least allowed to assume that she's exaggerating if not actually just trying to bite back.
Personally, I think Jankovic's comment was totally disrespectful, and it annoys me that it's brushed aside in this argument. She gotten beaten down by Rezai who was lacing winner after winner past her, she played a gorgeous match, and then JJ has the nerve to go on and say that she just hits and "hopes" the ball lands in? In other words, her success is just luck and she doesn't actually possess talent. She didn't say it in those words obviously, but it was implied. That's just an underhanded way of being a bitch. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jankovic can dish it out with the best so I'm sure she's more than capable of taking it back.

Danii's Law
May 28th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I love it!!!

Hey delicatecutter. I love your pic. Parvati = best Survivor EVER!

Dandy_Warhol
May 28th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Wrong, Mauresmo said that she was not aware of what happened between Rezai and Bartoli so she can't pronounce herself.

Amelie keeping it classy:hearts:

cakiteror
May 28th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Mary and Amelie are pure class.
I miss them!:(

Inger67
May 28th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Seriously will this bitch ever shut up? She wins one tournament and she thinks she's God or something. :rolleyes:

dinhd82
May 28th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Am I missing something or did Bartoli not start this first? Why are ppl getting on Rezai when she's just calling the witch a witch?

дalex
May 28th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Ultimately I just think it's the difference between a fair assumption, and a nonsensical one.

:lol: OK, I'm not getting into into this game of assessing whose assumption is better.

While yes, you have every right to pass judgment based on what you see yourself, I'll take her word over yours with regards to player attitudes and tendencies. Just like I'd take most any tour player's word over members of a message board.

That's OK too, but the same should be applied to Jelena's words about Aravane's game. And I don't even have to trust Jelena on this, I can also judge it for myself as I've been watching and playing tennis for years. But let's focus on Jelena and how she may have felt after that Madrid match. Over the years she's been playing some of the greatest players and some of them hit the ball pretty damn hard. And here comes this girl who's hitting every ball with so much power and precision that it's almost hard to believe it. This player is not that young or new to the tour. Jelena plays good tennis herself and I think she's allowed to question just how much control Aravane has over her shots. I mean she could be a future GOAT or a future Vaidisova case. We just don't know, it's too early to tell. :shrug:

Personally, I think Jankovic's comment was totally disrespectful, and it annoys me that it's brushed aside in this argument. She gotten beaten down by Rezai who was lacing winner after winner past her, she played a gorgeous match, and then JJ has the nerve to go on and say that she just hits and "hopes" the ball lands in? In other words, her success is just luck and she doesn't actually possess talent. She didn't say it in those words obviously, but it was implied. That's just an underhanded way of being a bitch.

So, maybe we should give Jelena time to develop respect for Aravane's game. Over the years Jelena seemed "disrespectful" of many players actually, but she's yet to be proven wrong. She's said the very same thing about Vaidisova after their QF match at USO 2006. She wasn't complimentary of Oudin's or Cirstea's game either after she lost to them. But surely if Aravane can continue with this kind of amazing form, she'll get the respect for her game from everyone, including Jelena.

So, my point all along was that there is a difference between being a smart "bitch" and a stupid "bitch". Aravane comes off as latter and she'll have to try much harder if she wants to get respect for her personality, too. Jelena's already got that, and as someone who's a fan of a player usually praised for her personality, I think I can safely say that Aravane is not going in the right direction in that respect. She needs to sound more positive and not only get attention for the negative comments she makes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jankovic can dish it out with the best so I'm sure she's more than capable of taking it back.

I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
That's OK too, but the same should be applied to Jelena's words about Aravane's game.
If you read the rest of the paragraph you quoted from me, I do say it's not an Aravane-specific case. Jelena's opinion is every much as valid and relevant as Rezai's. But that's not what's in question really as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, it's not about whether they're right or wrong in what they say, but if what they say is genuine in how they feel. And I give everyone the benefit of the doubt unless I have reason not to. Including Jankovic. She's a bitch, but I don't discount what she has to say, I'm sure she has her reasons. :lol:

And I don't even have to trust Jelena on this, I can also judge it for myself as I've been watching and playing tennis for years. But let's focus on Jelena and how she may have felt after that Madrid match. Over the years she's been playing some of the greatest players and some of them hit the ball pretty damn hard. And here comes this girl who's hitting every ball with so much power and precision that it's almost hard to believe it. This player is not that young or new to the tour. Jelena plays good tennis herself and I think she's allowed to question just how much control Aravane has over her shots. I mean she could be a future GOAT or a future Vaidisova case. We just don't know, it's too early to tell. :shrug:
All you did there was put a more positive spin on what Jankovic meant to say. :p That's not really what she said, nor is what she did say accurate at all, even given the circumstances you outlined. Jankovic was the 3rd player in the top 10 (and the least celebrated of the 3, mind you) who Rezai defeated that very week. She had a ranking which (I believe) was top 20 or verging on the top 20 before Madrid even started. Questioning her consistency is one thing, and it's something I do to this day. But I wouldn't suggest that she just hit and hopes. That's calling her a fluke, not questioning her consistency. You can't hit and hope and be a world class tennis player, never mind a top 20 talent like Rezai. She conveyed her opinion in an exaggerated, bitchy way.

So, maybe we should give Jelena time to develop respect for Aravane's game. Over the years Jelena seemed "disrespectful" of many players actually, but she's yet to be proven wrong. She's said the very same thing about Vaidisova after their QF match at USO 2006. She wasn't complimentary of Oudin's or Cirstea's game either after she lost to them. But surely if Aravane can continue with this kind of amazing form, she'll get the respect for her game from everyone, including Jelena.
I'd be shocked if Jelena or Aravane ever had anything remotely nice to say about one another. :lol: But in any case, let's hope in time that maybe they'll be doubles partners at RG or something. Yeah, that seems possible.

Really though, Nicole's demise had nothing to do with her lack of talent or ability as a player, so I'm sure whatever Jelena said about her game was BS too if it was anything like what she said about Rezai's. Oudin and Cirstea, anyone could spot those. :lol:

So, my point all along was that there is a difference between being a smart "bitch" and a stupid "bitch". Aravane comes off as latter and she'll have to try much harder if she wants to get respect for her personality, too. Jelena's already got that, and as someone who's a fan of a player usually praised for her personality, I think I can safely say that Aravane is not going in the right direction in that respect. She needs to sound more positive and not only get attention for the negative comments she makes.
Fair enough. Like you laid off the assumption bit, I won't argue over what makes someone a smart or stupid bitch, although I see where you're coming from. If Rezai doesn't have your respect, that's your prerogative. Not everyone feels the same way.

Again, let's hope it gets better as her career progresses. But I'd hate to see her become bland in interviews, cause I find the bickering to be hilariously funny.

дalex
May 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM
If you read the rest of the paragraph you quoted from me, I do say it's not an Aravane-specific case.

Believe me I read it all and I don't have a problem with what you're saying, but it seems that you think that all I'm doing here is making nonsensical assumptions and positive spins on Jelena's actions or comments. :lol: But my intention was never to discuss Jelena here but to use her as an example in discussion about Aravane.

I do think I have a good reason for each assumption I made though. :lol:

Take Alize Cornet for example. She also some time ago (when she was seen as big prospect :lol:) said that Jelena was a bad person off the court. But she also told us why she thinks so - because Jelena is arrogant and never says "hi" to other players (presumably of Cornet's caliber). :lol:

Now, Aravane should be able to back up her words with examples too, so we don't need to make assumptions on why she said something. Or if she's able (and that is what I'm actually questioning) phrase her comments in a more educated manner. :lol: She wouldn't be less entertaining that way.

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Believe me I read it all and I don't have a problem with what you're saying, but it seems that you think that all I'm doing here is making nonsensical assumptions and positive spins on Jelena's actions or comments. :lol: But my intention was never to discuss Jelena here but to use her as an example in discussion about Aravane.

I do think I have a good reason for each assumption I made though. :lol:
The only assumption I was referring to was the one where you suggested Rezai is being a bitch for no apparent reason. :shrug: My only point there was basically that I give Rezai the benefit of the doubt in believing she has reasons behind how she feels, beyond what's been said in press conferences or what's happened in their matches. From what I understand, you don't. Which is fine. :p

I wouldn't call someone a horrible person because of a poor hand shake. I don't think Rezai would either. Logically, you'd think it's deeper than that, even if she's not going into specific examples.

Now, Aravane should be able to back up her words with examples too, so we don't need to make assumptions on why she said something. Or if she's able (and that is what I'm actually questioning) phrase her comments in a more educated manner. :lol: She wouldn't be less entertaining that way.
I think her supposed "phrasing problem" is more to do with a) poor French to English translations by people who post threads here and b) the sensationalizing of her quotes which are mostly construed to sound a lot worse than they actually are, both in the media and on this board.

I've heard her speak many times in French, and she's quite eloquent and charming when she speaks. I think that listening to her interviews in her native tongue is a better way to judge her grammatical skills than what you read here and in poorly translated transcripts.

дalex
May 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM
The only assumption I was referring to was the one where you suggested Rezai is being a bitch for no apparent reason. :shrug: My only point there was basically that I give Rezai the benefit of the doubt in believing she has reasons behind how she feels, beyond what's been said in press conferences or what's happened in their matches. From what I understand, you don't. Which is fine. :p

I wouldn't call someone a horrible person because of a poor hand shake. I don't think Rezai would either. Logically, you'd think it's deeper than that, even if she's not going into specific examples.

But you see, that wasn't an assumption actually 'cos what "no apparent reason" means is that the reason is not visible, clear or obvious. And that is a fact here, at least in Jelena's case. What you're saying is an assumption that Aravane wouldn't say such a thing without having a reason for it and I actually agree with it.

But I gave you that Cornet example. So, I'm more inclined to believe that Aravane's reasons to think that Jelena's not a nice person are the same as Alize's. And those are not really strong arguments, certainly not strong enough to call someone out publicly and in such manner. I mean if these young players are not going to respect the more senior players then why should they respect them in return? And it has to start from new generation respecting the older one, not the other way around.

But yes, as the rest of your post suggests, it could all be due to Aravane's less than perfect English or media sensationalism. I don't have a reason to not trust you that Aravane can be charming and eloquent and I don't have trouble believing Aravanecaravane's posts about Aravane being nice and friendly to the fans. I'm just saying that she should show that side of her more to the media and tone down her comments without making her points any less clear.

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
But you see, that wasn't an assumption actually 'cos what "no apparent reason" means is that the reason is not visible, clear or obvious. And that is a fact here, at least in Jelena's case. What you're saying is an assumption that Aravane wouldn't say such a thing without having a reason for it and I actually agree with it.

But I gave you that Cornet example. So, I'm more inclined to believe that Aravane's reasons to think that Jelena's not a nice person are the same as Alize's. And those are not really strong arguments, certainly not strong enough to call someone out publicly and in such manner. I mean if these young players are not going to respect the more senior players then why should they respect them in return? And it has to start from new generation respecting the older one, not the other way around.
True stuff. I was more looking at it from a 'no reason' perspective and ignored the 'apparent' part. :lol: You're right though.

As far as the Cornet example, calling someone arrogant is a very general statement. Like I've said to this point, I'm positive that there's more to it than what we see and know about. Calling someone out in the media because they don't say "hi" to you is retarded. Unless Alize tried greeting her and Jelena snubbed her or something. :lol: But really, there's got to be more to it than that. Frankly, if this is Aravane's basis to rag on Jelena, because she doesn't make an effort to say hi - that's just too ridiculous for me to believe. :lol:

But yes, as the rest of your post suggests, it could all be due to Aravane's less than perfect English or media sensationalism. I don't have a reason to not trust you that Aravane can be charming and eloquent and I don't have trouble believing Aravanecaravane's posts about Aravane being nice and friendly to the fans. I'm just saying that she should show that side of her more to the media and tone down her comments without making her points any less clear.
Fair enough.

Zébulon
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
"Je voulais juste dire que je n'ai jamais rien dit de négatif sur Aravane. Elle fait de belles performances, elle peut faire de belles choses ici. Je n'ai aucune animosité envers Aravane. Je prends son succès comme une locomotive, quelque chose qui me pousse à être meilleure. Ca m'a libérée de vous dire tout ce que je vous ai dit. On a un peu fait une thérapie de groupe express ensemble.(rires) J'étais un peu frustrée et nerveuse, je le concède. Le passage du premier tour m'a finalement un peu calmée. Je vais essayer d'être plus souriante (rires). J'ai vidé ce que j'avais en moi. Donc je vous le répète: 'Je n'ai aucune animosité envers Aravane'. Ecrivez-le en gros ! "
:)

Ferg
May 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Marion :bowdown:

She'll probably be chuckling about tonights match in her room though...

GreenGrass
May 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Seriously will this bitch ever shut up? She wins one tournament and she thinks she's God or something. :rolleyes:

this. hopefully Nadia will shut her up tomorrow :drool: :rolleyes:

envisiond2010
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I can spot a flash in the pan from a far. She is Sprem part deux with a little more umph. Mark my words :tape:

darkchild
May 29th, 2010, 03:10 AM

You two should get a room. :p

Carotastrophe
May 29th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I dont think she wants to get included.. and she wont.. with that stubborn attitude.