PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time...

adner
May 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
a top 8 seed was scheduled to play her 2nd round match at a Grand Slam on a non-TV court?

Ballbasher
May 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Especially since it could be a good match. :tape:

goldenlox
May 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
When Sveta was defending USO champion she played her round 1 match on the 3rd biggest court. I remember that

Fantasy Hero
May 26th, 2010, 07:34 PM
maybe because everyone is so sick of watching aga playing :lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Why would they want to showcase the dull side of women's tennis?

sammy01
May 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM
well shes not a star name im affraid, and right now henin is much much more of a star than aga no matter where shes ranked.

$uricate
May 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I dont know but Aga's never been a top 8 seed before has she?

Theres probably never been one boring enough for this to happen, but she's managed it.

She's such a trailblazer :hearts:

pesto
May 26th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Which courts are televised, beyond the three big show courts?

Orbis
May 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Yes Radwanska, fly in under the radar.....:cool:

Polikarpov
May 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM
No one would be dying to watch her anyway.

NA-GOAT
May 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
probably when Tauziat was a top 8 seed :shrug:

Noctis
May 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I Wouldnt even watch if its free.

dsanders06
May 26th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Oh come on, Radwanska is nowhere close to being eighth in terms of star power on the WTA side, even if she's the 8th seed.

joe87
May 26th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Eurosport shows Aga in every tourny they have coverage for...

Now they can't :devil:

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Kimiko Date Krumm(JPN) vs. Jarmila Groth(AUS)
and
Potito Starace(ITA) vs. Robby Ginepri(USA)

will be shown, but Aga vs. Yari not? :tape::haha:

Vous êtes bêtes...:o

adner
May 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Oh come on, Radwanska is nowhere close to being eighth in terms of star power on the WTA side, even if she's the 8th seed.

And? There are 7 TV courts and it's ridiculous to leave a top 8 seed on a non-TV court in such a situation. It just shows no respect to her. Zvonareva is getting same treatment as well, even though she's not ranked high nowadays. Matches like Schiavone-Ferguson, Date-Groth, Zheng-Pivovarova, Bammer-Wickmayer or Hantuchova-Govortsova will be played on TV courts.

Cp6uja
May 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
It's probably some mistake which will be fixed already in next round. I have strong feeling that in 3rd round Aga will play against some even worse ranked player than Shvedova, but on Philippe Chatrier stadium (and on Eurosport again of course).

adner
May 26th, 2010, 08:54 PM
It's probably some mistake which will be fixed already in next round. I have strong feeling that in 3rd round Aga will play against some even worse ranked player than Shvedova, but on Philippe Chatrier stadium (and on Eurosport again of course).

And then vs Zvonareva on Court 17? :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM
And? There are 7 TV courts and it's ridiculous to leave a top 8 seed on a non-TV court in such a situation. It just shows no respect to her.

Exactly what she deserves.

slamchamp
May 26th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm surprised Shvedova got a non-tv court..not surprised about Boredanska though

adner
May 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I'm surprised Shvedova got a non-tv court..not surprised about Boredanska though
They should get her on TV court to celebrate her rare showing in 2nd round of a Grand Slam :hearts:

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM
They should get her on TV court to celebrate her rare showing in 2nd round of a Grand Slam :hearts:

Touché :bigclap::bowdown:

TheBoiledEgg
May 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Kimiko Date Krumm(JPN) vs. Jarmila Groth(AUS)
and
Potito Starace(ITA) vs. Robby Ginepri(USA)

will be shown, but Aga vs. Yari not? :tape::haha:

Vous êtes bêtes...:o

Japanense TV pays a heck alot more thats why

Viktymise
May 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I imagine there will be global riots.

TheBoiledEgg
May 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
And? There are 7 TV courts and it's ridiculous to leave a top 8 seed on a non-TV court in such a situation. It just shows no respect to her. Zvonareva is getting same treatment as well, even though she's not ranked high nowadays. Matches like Schiavone-Ferguson, Date-Groth, Zheng-Pivovarova, Bammer-Wickmayer or Hantuchova-Govortsova will be played on TV courts.

again its down to TV which TV company is willing to pay up
and everyone likes Daniela.

Italian and Aus TV for Schiavone vs Ferguson
Date will be for Japanese TV
Wickmayer for Belgians
Daniela for ALL

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
And Radwanska for all the MM Tournament Countries she won and POLSKA :cheer::lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2010, 09:14 PM

Touché :bigclap::bowdown:

You two are REALLY dumb. Your failed excercise in sarcasm looks even more sad considering Shvedova has reached as many consecutive GS 2RDs as your beloved Pushvanska.

Craig.
May 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
You two are REALLY dumb. Your failed excercise in sarcasm looks even more sad considering Shvedova has reached as many consecutive GS 2RDs as your beloved Pushvanska.

:hysteric: PWNED.

slamchamp
May 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
It's amazing how radwanska once promised more than woz and now caro is all over the main courts and radwanska is on a non-tv court:awww:

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah and you are the most intelligent poster here on the forum, I've forgotten sir:bowdown:

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:18 PM
It's amazing how radwanska once promised more than woz and now caro is all over the main courts and radwanska is on a non-tv court:awww:

Yeah, there were like 100 people watching her match against Garbin today:bigclap:
And it will be nice to see her losing to Alex D. on a TV Court:hearts:

Craig.
May 26th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, there were like 100 people watching her match against Garbin today:bigclap:
And it will be nice to see her losing to Aley D. on a TV Court:hearts:

Cuz there would've been so many more had Radwanska played. :rolls: You guys really are something.

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Cuz there would've been so many more had Radwanska played. :rolls: You guys really are something.

I didn't say that:shrug::angel:

slamchamp
May 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
yeah desperate:tape:

Jienus
May 26th, 2010, 09:57 PM

There would have been 100 less had Grandmanska been playing instead.

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Really? :tape:

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I can't believe they're disrespecting Aga and her fans like this!! :fiery:

spriwi
May 26th, 2010, 10:07 PM
It's also a matter of sponsor, whom she lacks. I am pretty sure grand companies like Addidas or Nike have *some* influence over who's playing on televised courts - it means more people will see their clothing :shrug:

-Sonic-
May 26th, 2010, 10:11 PM
a top 8 seed was scheduled to play her 2nd round match at a Grand Slam on a non-TV court?

Can't say thats something I have the time or inclination to keep a record of really...

dsanders06
May 26th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Hantuchova, Date and Wickmayer are all bigger names than Radwanska, and Schiavone and Zheng were both in better form than Radwanska coming into RG :shrug:

spriwi
May 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
since when form decides about who's playing on which court :tape:

and the fact that doped Wickmayer is a bigger name than Aga who is in top10 for the 3rd consecutive season may be only due to doping scandal, I can't see any other reason for that ...

dsanders06
May 26th, 2010, 11:00 PM
and the fact that doped Wickmayer is a bigger name than Aga who is in top10 for the 3rd consecutive season may be only due to doping scandal, I can't see any other reason for that ...

Yes, it is mainly due to the doping scandal - but she's a bigger name nonetheless. If you went the grounds of RG tomorrow and asked everyone whether they'd heard of Wickmayer or Radwanska, the chances are more would've heard of Wickmayer.

spriwi
May 26th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, it is mainly due to the doping scandal - but she's a bigger name nonetheless. If you went the grounds of RG tomorrow and asked everyone whether they'd heard of Wickmayer or Radwanska, the chances are more would've heard of Wickmayer.

Maybe it's cause there are far more Belgians than Poles there ;)

Wiggly
May 26th, 2010, 11:09 PM
It's also a matter of sponsor, whom she lacks. I am pretty sure grand companies like Addidas or Nike have *some* influence over who's playing on televised courts - it means more people will see their clothing :shrug:

You've got to have some star power too.
Which Radwanska doesn't any.

LoveFifteen
May 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM
The doped Wickmayer?! :unsure:

NeeemZ
May 26th, 2010, 11:28 PM
In response to the OP, Schnyder played on Court 18 at AO 2006 as the No.7 seed against Daniilidou I believe. Court 18 never was and still isn't a televised court.

iPatty
May 26th, 2010, 11:40 PM
HOW DARE THEY NOT PUT RADWANSKA ON A TV COURT. I AM GOING TO WRITE THEM A LETTER. :fiery:

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Exactly what she deserves.

:lol::haha: Too damn much.

Gdsimmons
May 27th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Who is knocking people over to watch Radwanska play?

Mattographer
May 27th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Why does Aga must care about which court will she playing on? As Lindsay Davenport said before, she's just there to play tennis not for fame.

danieln1
May 27th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Radwanska court 4! :haha: :haha:

I didn´t even noticed she was playing... but if Ivanovic and Aga both win their matches, Aga will have the chance to play on a show court again :haha:

danieln1
May 27th, 2010, 01:05 AM
In response to the OP, Schnyder played on Court 18 at AO 2006 as the No.7 seed against Daniilidou I believe. Court 18 never was and still isn't a televised court.

Wimbledon was even worse, putting world number 2 Jankovic on court 18, but I don´t blame them... but at least is televised there

égalité
May 27th, 2010, 04:35 AM

Biggest B.S. stat ever :spit: :spit: :spit:

I don't think it counts if Radwanksa makes it well past the second round and Shvedova loses in the second round :haha: :weirdo:

It might serve your sanity well to direct your hatred toward a player who's actually never going to amount to anything. Like Shvedova.

Jienus
May 27th, 2010, 06:47 AM
It might serve your sanity well to direct your hatred toward a player who's actually never going to amount to anything. Like Shvedova.

She managed to knock the turd in your avatar out of the US open.

But then again, beating her isn't much of an accomplishment these days....

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 27th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Because she's Agnieszka Radboringska.

Slutiana
May 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM

This thread. :worship:

sammy01
May 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Can't say thats something I have the time or inclination to keep a record of really...

and you call yourself a tennis fan :o:p

égalité
May 27th, 2010, 03:22 PM

If beating her isn't an accomplishment, then what do you call losing to her 6-0 6-1? :nerner:

Vanity Bonfire
May 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This thread is starting to turn into pure :bowdown:

Chorophyll
May 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM

I don't think it counts if Radwanksa makes it well past the second round and Shvedova loses in the second round :haha: :weirdo:

Shvedova doing some housekeeping today. :lol: Radwanska is useless on clay. A complete nothing.

DevilishAttitude
May 27th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I'm personally amazed EuroSport didn't find a way to put cameras on Court 4, due to their bizarre fascination with the tennis failure that is Radwanska. :tape:

In The Zone
May 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM
And that is why Radwanska was not put on a TV court.

LoveFifteen
May 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM
And that is why Radwanska was not put on a TV court.

:tape:

Cakeisgood
May 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM

Maria was on Court 2 :sad::sad::sad:

slamchamp
May 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Maria was on Court 2 :sad::sad::sad:

thank god..cause she was gonna start tomorrow otherwise

Rollo
May 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by spriwi http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=17840906#post17840906)
It's also a matter of sponsor, whom she lacks. I am pretty sure grand companies like Addidas or Nikehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=410068&page=5#) have *some* influence over who's playing on televised courts - it means more people will see their clothing :shrug:

It's her fault if she doesn't have a sponsor. What player would be stupid enough to skip the only major tour event held in her country? Even if she has a legit problem with the organizers it basically says "screw you" to her Polish fans.

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Some "Radwanksa" fans are so stupid it's actually frightening. :unsure:

Viktymise
May 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM

It seems that amounting to nothing is still enough to beat a hackjob like Shitranska.

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I have strong feeling that in 3rd round Aga will play against some even worse ranked player than Shvedova, but on Philippe Chatrier stadium (and on Eurosport again of course).

Hear, hear!