PDA

View Full Version : RG R2: P. Hercog def. (24) L. Safarova 61 62!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Lucie :shrug: :cuckoo:
Polona :)

VIKA?
May 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM
just awful from Lucie:o

jjcrew#1
May 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
wow i am in shock. lucie must be tried :shrug:

Aaron.
Lucie :silly:

saul1333
Oh Lucie :sobbing:

Boreas
May 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Safarova:rolls: Losing to Feli Lopez

PerfectForm
Lucie was missing almost everything :( Polona did well to keep the ball in play, great defense & some smart play with her FH & volleys.

delicatecutter
Polona!! :cheer: So happy for her. Good luck against Flavia!!

Lucie. I hope she's not still injuried. :hug:

M.P
when lucie lost Tomas win :o

TheBoiledEgg
great stuff from Polona ;) :angel: :D

Edinboro
Berdych won at the exact same moment Lucie lost. Weird.

This tournament is quickly going to shit creek for me. Lena dont screw your draw up. :(

Pennetta, take her down and make the semis!

Davodus
Lucie played one of the worst matches of her career. She can't handle people who just junk the ball at her from 3m behind the baseline, and that showed today because she couldn't keep a ball in the court.

Hian
May 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Now Flavia vs Polona :bounce:
Flavia you can beat her :D

leebeasy
Oh Lucie! This was supposed to be a good tournament for you!

Dinayer
Lucie :hug:

Andreas
Lucie could not handle Polona's game :hearts: Not a single break point faced! Some great forehand winners there. I'm so happy :sobbing: No choke this time!

Sally Todd
May 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Lucie was just plain AWFUL -- when she was even there. I swear she didn't even figure out how to return a serve until she had match points against her.

Hercog only had to keep the ball in play. Her game is suited to clay.

So disappointing. Just when I'd started to have some faith.

SAISAI-GOAT
May 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Lucie, all of those good results in the warmups :tape:

Bahu
May 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Polona :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Slutiana
May 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Clinical performance from Polona. Stunning forehand winners, dropshots and a few volleys. Just so smart there, she did her best Nadal impression on the forehand and every single shot she hit was just out of Lucie's hitting zone, and Lucie just had no answer. Lucie tried to moonball back Polona's serve for a period and Polona just approached off them/hit dropshots or a forehand winner. There's still so much room for improvement with her as well. Keep on moving Polona! :hearts:

As for Lucie. :hug: Really wanted to see her go far too but it was just a horrible match up for her really. I hope she does something on the grass.

Lennval
May 26th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Polona impressive :worship:

best of luck against flavia!

Monderoy
Speechless! :tape:

Lucie can't give any excuse at all today. She was just really, really bad.

Polona was amazing and hit all her shots never once facing a BP.

Can't believe Lucie went down like that. Was expecting at least a fight...but 1-6. 2-6?
It all honestly it should have been 0-6, 0-6.

Adrian1092
I was expecting Hercog to choke but well done to her for not doing so! Great win :yeah:
Lucie :bigcry: Random form!

StephenUK
Very disappointing for Lucie after her superb performances in the lead-up. This sort of result goes to show why Lucie seems unable to make a real breakthrough - she is useless as a front runner.

As for Polona, well done. After some tough losses, she has got the result that she deserves and good to see her in the third round here.

Slutiana
May 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Lucie could not handle Polona's game :hearts: Not a single break point faced! Some great forehand winners there. I'm so happy :sobbing: No choke this time!
This.

Anybody who says Polona was just hitting junk is just BSing. Lucie tried to hit it to the forehand and Polona hit some sick angles off it, she tried to attack the backhand and the slice just killed her and when she tried to be consistent Polona would dropshot or approach the net. Just a poor matchup for her, she'll be back taking top 10 names in the grass season. :yeah:

igralec33
May 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Polona! Amazing! :inlove: No choke this time. :D It's true Safarova didn't play her best match but the fact is she couldn't play her game against Hercog. :D
Polona - also Pennetta is beatable. :yeah:

Blu€
May 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Pumuki! Well played! :D

Fantasy Hero
:)

Shvedbarilescu
Zowie!!! I did not watch this but that is an amazing scoreline against one of the most inform players of the clay season. I really didn't expect this at all but Polona is very good and she has been a ticking timebomb waiting to explode for some time. This could be the tournament Polona makes her long anticipated breakthough. It is looking a real possibility now, but if it doesn't happen here there is no question in my mind that it is just a matter of time.

As for Lucie, all I can say is I am very surprised to see her go down so tamely, I hope it was down to Polona's great play, or at least Lucie having an off day rather than any lingering injury to Lucie.

Sally Todd
May 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Lucie played one of the worst matches of her career. She can't handle people who just junk the ball at her from 3m behind the baseline, and that showed today because she couldn't keep a ball in the court.

Yes, in the running for worst, though she has come up with some amazingly bad performances in majors. :tape::lol:

Some of the few "rallies" were truly Dominguez-Linoesque. :o

Besides Lucie's utter inability to return Hercog's serve (not exactly a weapon, though it does have a kick), it was mystifying to see her set things up for Hercog's forehand over and over again instead of playing to Hercog's backhand. It's like she went in with zero game plan.

That's also disappointing, because coaching seemed part of her recent rise.

Boreas
May 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I can already imagine her self praising interviews. "My game is so unique and special, I'm destined to be top 10, blah, blah":vomit:

ivanban
May 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Lucie :weirdo:

Monzanator
May 26th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Pathetic. And I thought Safarova will have a deep run here...

Sally Todd
May 26th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Zowie!!! Amazing scoreline against one of the most inform players of the clay season. I really didn't expect this at all but Polona is very good and she has been a ticking timebomb waiting to explode for some time. This could be the tournament Polona makes her long anticipated breakthough. It is looking a real possibility now, but if it doesn't happen here there is no question in my mind that it is just a matter of time.

As for Lucie, all I can say is I am very surprised to see her go down so tamely, I hope it was down to Polona's great play, or at least Lucie having an off day rather than any lingering injury to Lucie.

Seemed like an off day today to me. Polona played great (maybe?) but I can't say I care much for her game. Dulgheru is more impressive to me and Lucie just beat her.

No doubt that Polona played smart though. She was toying with Lucie out there in terms of shot selection and anticipation.

Lucie is mystifying. The only thing you can count on is that you can't count on her. :mad: I hope one of these days she figures out a way to perform at a major. Good god I'm annoyed right now.

Taniaaa
May 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
big mess.

nevetssllim
May 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Lucie must be one of the most infuriating players to support. You just don't have a clue how she's going to perform!

Fantasy Hero
May 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I can already imagine her self praising interviews. "My game is so unique and special, I'm destined to be top 10, blah, blah":vomit:

is she really that bitchy? :eek:

Sally Todd
May 26th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Lucie must be one of the most infuriating players to support. You just don't have a clue how she's going to perform!

THIS

Slutati
May 26th, 2010, 06:40 PM
What the hell, how did this happen? :eek::rolls:

Congrats, Polona. But damn Lucie must have SUCKED.

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Oh, Lucie :tape: :help: :tape: :help:

Jienus
May 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Good for Polona.

zvonarevarulz
May 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I don't even wanna know how bad this wouldve been against Jelena...:o

Boreas
May 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
is she really that bitchy? :eek:

I guess it's not bitchiness, more cockiness. I want to slap her every time she opens her mouth:tape:

shap_half
May 26th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Bombshell!

Slutiana
May 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bombshell!
Yeah, bombshell that she managed to keep her head on. :happy:

Slutati
May 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, bombshell that she managed to keep her head on. :happy:
You are such a little fangirl. :happy:

Just Do It
:o

Sally Todd
This.

Anybody who says Polona was just hitting junk is just BSing. Lucie tried to hit it to the forehand and Polona hit some sick angles off it, she tried to attack the backhand and the slice just killed her and when she tried to be consistent Polona would dropshot or approach the net. Just a poor matchup for her, she'll be back taking top 10 names in the grass season. :yeah:

While I agree with your first post, Hercog was hitting junk whenever Lucie dictated, which I admit wasn't as often as I'd have thought would happen because Lucie sucked today and Polona played well.

There were rallies in both sets where Polona did nothing but run from side to side at the very very very back of the court floating shots back, and Polona won every one of them. :o

If Lucie hit a winner once in those points she might have had a semblance of confidence. But Hercog retrieved well. I can't stand it when players win points that way though because it is pushing and junkballing.

That said, there were other points where Polona simply set up winners, or hit behind a clueless Lucie, and her forehand was impressive. The backhand? The fact that you don't know if she'll slice or go flat with two hands is tricky. But that shot didn't kill Lucie -- Lucie killed herself. To me, Hercog's slice is on the fence of junkballing. It's not a pretty slice shot to look at, especially considering it's a slice, but it worked today.

Who knows though, anyone can look like a junkballer when Lucie is full-on brainless basher mode.

Fantasy Hero
May 26th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I guess it's not bitchiness, more cockiness. I want to slap her every time she opens her mouth:tape:

:o usually slovenian people are really nice...strange :awww:

igralec33
May 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
:o usually slovenian people are really nice...strange :awww:
She is nice. ;) Don't listen Boreas - he is hater of Hercog and that's why he talked so. :p
Polona is really cool & funny person. :)

John.
May 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Lucie :( Was expecting a good showing from her here

Polona :yeah:

Boreas
May 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM
She is nice. ;) Don't listen Boreas - he is hater of Hercog and that's why he talked so. :p
Polona is really cool & funny person. :)

I'm not saying she's not nice to other people. She's just way too cocky in interviews. As if she won plenty of tournaments.:p

Fantasy Hero
May 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM
ah ok i missunderstood what you did say :yeah:

igralec33
May 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm not saying she's not nice to other people. She's just way too cocky in interviews. As if she won plenty of tournaments.:p
She actually did. :shrug: 9 ITFs. :p

rickxx
May 26th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Lucie:eek:Thought she would go deeper in the MD.

sammy01
May 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Clinical performance from Polona. Stunning forehand winners, dropshots and a few volleys. Just so smart there, she did her best Nadal impression on the forehand and every single shot she hit was just out of Lucie's hitting zone, and Lucie just had no answer. Lucie tried to moonball back Polona's serve for a period and Polona just approached off them/hit dropshots or a forehand winner. There's still so much room for improvement with her as well. Keep on moving Polona! :hearts:

As for Lucie. :hug: Really wanted to see her go far too but it was just a horrible match up for her really. I hope she does something on the grass.

it is funny how we associate players with posters, but when i saw this result i instantly thought of you and how pleased you would be your faith in hercog seems to be well placed. :hug:

Slutiana
May 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
While I agree with your first post, Hercog was hitting junk whenever Lucie dictated, which I admit wasn't as often as I'd have thought would happen because Lucie sucked today and Polona played well.

There were rallies in both sets where Polona did nothing but run from side to side at the very very very back of the court floating shots back, and Polona won every one of them. :o

If Lucie hit a winner once in those points she might have had a semblance of confidence. But Hercog retrieved well. I can't stand it when players win points that way though because it is pushing and junkballing.

That said, there were other points where Polona simply set up winners, or hit behind a clueless Lucie, and her forehand was impressive. The backhand? The fact that you don't know if she'll slice or go flat with two hands is tricky. But that shot didn't kill Lucie -- Lucie killed herself. To me, Hercog's slice is on the fence of junkballing. It's not a pretty slice shot to look at, especially considering it's a slice, but it worked today.

Who knows though, anyone can look like a junkballer when Lucie is full-on brainless basher mode.
I do agree with you too. As I said in my first post, Polona seemed to be doing her best Nadal impression on the forehand - hitting it with really heavy topspin and dictating whenever she could. She can definitely also flatten it out and do most things with it though but I guess if you want to rattle an aggressive player, attempting to hit every shout outside of their hitting zone is the right thing to do. And yeah, Polona's slice isn't great but it's short and low and very tricky to deal with but it does have a lot of room for improvement. Her drive backhand makes Tatiana's look like the GOAT. :happy:

Lucie didn't play well at all, no, but she seemed to get down on herself from the very beginning after she couldn't handle the kick serve. It seemed she was resigned to the fact that she just couldn't deal with Polona's game. That's why I think this match is just a blip on the radar for her IMO. I reckon she'll be back playing great again on the grass. ;)

SloKid
May 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
There's only one Polona Hercog, only one Polona Hercog, she's got lesbian hair, but we don't care, walking in a Hercog wonderland. :singer: :singer:

Harju.
May 26th, 2010, 07:07 PM
:lol: @ Tutu. Trying so hard. What a fan-gurl :hug:

Lucie :sobbing:. Why can't you suck against Dokic? WHY?

igralec33
May 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
There's only one Polona Hercog, only one Polona Hercog, she's got lesbian hair, but we don't care, walking in a Hercog wonderland. :singer: :singer:
:spit: :haha:

Slutiana
May 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
:haha:
:lol: @ Tutu. Trying so hard. What a fan-gurl :hug:

Lucie :sobbing:. Why can't you suck against Dokic? WHY?
Trying so hard to replace Tati. :sobbing:

Juju Nostalgique
May 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
:woohoo:

Elwin.
May 26th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Lucie :sobbing: :hug:

Natash.
May 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Polona :worship:

Dulgheru more impressive? :shrug:

Lucie :hug:

iPatty
May 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Lucie :weirdo: I like Polona but that's a pretty bad loss...

Oh well. Onto the faster surfaces.

sammy01
May 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Lucie :weirdo: I like Polona but that's a pretty bad loss...

Oh well. Onto the faster surfaces.

thats not a good thing, she has such big swings and has no ability to block returns hence her being one of the worst returners :help:

stino
May 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Finally another seed leaving, only the third in 4 days :s. Too bad it had to be Lucie, she's such a sweet girl and I like her game.

Natash.
May 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I hope the Tennis Channel stream has this archived :sad: or someone uploads highlights. :angel:

FORZA SARITA
May 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
lesbo queen :hearts:

omg then follow your lovely Masa :rolleyes:

danieln1
May 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Thankfully Polona´s head was glued to her neck this time and her head didn´t fall off!

BlackPanther.
May 26th, 2010, 08:42 PM
:eek::eek:
Polona :yeah::yeah:

envisiond2010
May 26th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Lucie has had a decent clay season. This lost must be so dissapointing :(

Escape
May 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
WTF Lucie :( :fiery:

I thought she could do well here :sad:

Sexysova
May 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
:help:

Adrian.
May 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Post of the day:haha::haha::haha::rolls::haha::spit:

:cheer:

Well done Polona :)

simonsaystennis
May 26th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Polona :)

Keaka
May 27th, 2010, 12:08 AM

I'm very sorry to bring it this way to you, but you're a pathetic, no life, constantly shitting on people better than you (obviously that's EVERYONE) loser.

Good win Hercog ;)

hurricanejeanne
May 27th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Goodlawd Lucie. :tape:

Polona! :eek:

So Disrespectful
May 27th, 2010, 12:50 AM
What a shame after the form she's shown. :sad:

delicatecutter
May 27th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Polona recently should have beaten Peer, Bartoli, and Wozniacki. I'm so happy she finally beat a seed at the biggest tournament of the claycourt season. :inlove:

cellophane
May 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I liked Polona's game from what I saw of her last week against Wozniacki. Good win... good luck against Flavia! :)

hdfb
May 27th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Too bad Lucie didn't play this bad against Dokic... :sobbing:

Huntress55
May 27th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Lucie :sad:

Boreas
May 27th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I'm very sorry to bring it this way to you, but you're a pathetic, no life, constantly shitting on people better than you (obviously that's EVERYONE) loser.

Good win Hercog ;)

You made me feel even more depressed::bigcry: Are you happy now, are you? I might kill my virtual persona now, the evil and always moaning Boreas and come up with another - a mild version of Mother Theresa:rolls:

Langers
May 27th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Too good from Polona. :)

AnDrEi.b
May 27th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Impressive Polona :hearts:

Arthus
May 27th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Well done Polona!

InsideOut.
May 27th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Berdych won at the exact same moment Lucie lost. Weird.

This tournament is quickly going to shit creek for me. Lena dont screw your draw up. :(

Pennetta, take her down and make the semis!

Has any girl that you put into your list ever won the tournament? :confused: I've looked at your list every time I see your sig, and it seems every time that none of them do :shrug: