PDA

View Full Version : Rezai To Lead Next Generation of BIG Babe Tennis

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM
If Rezai carries her big babe tennis onto other surfaces, she could be threat anywhere.

But I wonder why until now, she has not played this way?
I have not paid that much attention to her until Madrid, so I don't know what her game was like before.

Serenus Christ
May 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
She has one good tournie a year and suddenly she is now the MORE IMPORTANT THEN VENUS'S WILLIAMS SEE THROUGH DRESS :o
guys lets stop the threads.
As Woz would put it..
shes just a
http://i45.tinypic.com/23hazvm.gif

Olórin
May 26th, 2010, 05:14 PM
She's always played this way :shrug:

It's just that the past few weeks more of her balls have been going in than out. I'm not sure if that is a permanent thing.

sunsfuns
May 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
She has always played like this, but in the past she used to miss more. Anyway it's kind of ironic to call "big babe" a girl smaller than Henin...

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:17 PM
She has one good tournie a year and suddenly she is now the MORE IMPORTANT THEN VENUS'S WILLIAMS SEE THROUGH DRESS :o
As Woz would put it..
shes just a
Well, this is the second tournament, and she continues to be impressing.
She may not win it, but she has been impressive so far.
Even winning in 3 sets, she did with such confidence and hard hitting that it still looks like a beat down.

envisiond2010
May 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
She has always played like this, but in the past she used to miss more. Anyway it's kind of ironic to call "big babe" a girl smaller than Henin...

career wise right? :lol:

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Rezai smaller than Henin?

sunsfuns
May 26th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Rezai smaller than Henin?

Smaller maybe not, but according to official sources she is shorter than Justine (1.67 m for Justine, 1.65 m for Aravane)

BournemouthBoy
May 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Rezai has played this well b4, couple of years ago i think it was, she soon dropped her level then and will again im afraid.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Smaller maybe not, but according to official sources she is shorter than Justine (1.67 m for Justine, 1.65 m for Aravane)
I woul dispute those stats, just looking at both players.
Not withstanding those stats, her game is visibly and unmistakenly Big Babe type: she hits hard and HARDER

sunsfuns
May 26th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I woul dispute those stats, just looking at both players.
Not withstanding those stats, her game is visibly and unmistakenly Big Babe type: she hits hard and HARDER

Isn't Justine also doing just that these days? :lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
May 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
what "next generation"? That girl is 23! She is too old to lead a generation. She is as old as Maria Sharapova ! Do you think that Rezai, who has won nothing, is going to be a leader, whereas a 3 slam champion is going to sit down in a corner?
You are making too many threads about that girl. One stupid thread is enough.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Isn't Justine also doing just that these days? :lol:
No.
Justine tweaked her game and is now more agressive, but she is not hitting the ball hard ALL of the time.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
It's really impressive that she can hit so hard and the ball just flies through the court, especially on Roland Garros clay.

IMHO, if she COULD keep up this sort of play then I really can't see her NOT winning a slam sometime soon. But as already mentioned, she's always played like this and there could be a chance where she'll drop majorly in form again. There's evidence of that in her matches, once balls start flying out OR her opponent starts making an impression, she loses some confidence and I think players will take advantage of that.

toby345
May 26th, 2010, 05:46 PM
It's really impressive that she can hit so hard and the ball just flies through the court, especially on Roland Garros clay.

IMHO, if she COULD keep up this sort of play then I really can't see her NOT winning a slam sometime soon. But as already mentioned, she's always played like this and there could be a chance where she'll drop majorly in form again. There's evidence of that in her matches, once balls start flying out OR her opponent starts making an impression, she loses some confidence and I think players will take advantage of that.

Wait, wait, wait. Two weeks ago she was only a good Top 30 player and now she is slam winning material? :help:

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I don't get how she's a big babe when she's not big. Why try to co-opt a dumb expression to describe her? Come up with something better.

miffedmax
May 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Rezai is a solid player, and I'm actually kind of having to resist jumping on her bandcaravan, but her game gets exposed against players who can handle her pace and pay it back with interest, which includes a lot of the Old Guard players. Not that she can't beat them on a given day, but she can't hang with the girls who can match her power. Or at least she hasn't been able to in the past.

Maybe this is her breakout year, or maybe she's just another flash-in-the-pan from Generation Suck. We'll see.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Two weeks ago she was only a good Top 30 player and now she is slam winning material? :help:
Well Sharapova won her first slam out of nowhere. So It could happen.

A player just needs 2 good weeks in the zone to win a slam, Rezai has had 1 excellent week in Madrid and she seems to continue her good form here.

Thkmra
May 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
As Woz would put it..
shes just a

What did Caroline say, and who was she talking about?

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM

A player just needs 2 good weeks in the zone to win a slam, Rezai has had 1 excellent week in Madrid and she seems to continue her good form here.

I'm still curious about how Henin is going to play on clay in this slam.

I don't remember if Sharapova won any lead-up tourneys, but Rezai wouldn't quite be out of nowhere at the moment, since everyone is watching her (well, avid tennis fans and the French, anyway).

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
she has surprisingly deep voice:tape:

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 06:00 PM
she has surprisingly deep voice:tape:
Did you mean to post in kuzzy's thread?:lol:

Aravanecaravan
May 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Actually, despite the same tired responses from the usual suspects, Aravane has *not* always played like this. There are so many things she is doing differently on the court now, under Patrick Mouratoglou's coaching, that she didn't incorporate in her game before--more topspin, better fitness, better point construction, and a much bigger serve. She had a fast serve of 116mph today--I've been watching Aravane a long time, and can't ever remember her getting it that high. She also wins more of her first serve points, because she is using that wide serve effectively.

Players who have tons of power are always harder to tame, but once that power is harnessed, it can be lethal. Players don't all develop at the same rates. Just because she is 23 doesn't mean she can't win a slam or be number 1. Her game is moving in the right direction. Those who are predisposed to dislike her won't see that, of course, but that doesn't make it untrue.

Aravanecaravan
May 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Rezai is a solid player, and I'm actually kind of having to resist jumping on her bandcaravan, but her game gets exposed against players who can handle her pace and pay it back with interest, which includes a lot of the Old Guard players. Not that she can't beat them on a given day, but she can't hang with the girls who can match her power. Or at least she hasn't been able to in the past.

Actually, I think the opposite of this is true--Aravane's biggest problem is opponents who are good counterpunchers. Her record against the "old guard" is impressive, Demented aside. Her best performances come consistently against the "big babes".

silyaunWILLIAMS
May 26th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Rezai won't lead the next generation of anything, just like Simona Halep, who was going to lead the next generation of Big Boob Tennis.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 06:36 PM

Well I didn't say she was "only a good top 30 player" did I?! :rolleyes:

gmak
May 26th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Lisicki > Rezai imo (when healthy of course)

harloo
May 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
The proof isn't there yet despite how thirsty some people are for new blood. I think she has potential and seems composed enough to start the process of a breakthrough. However, I think once she becomes the hunted her matches will get tougher. When someone can play free without much obligation or expectation their game flows freely. Once they have a major breakthrough and is expected to win things become different. That's when you'll see if she has it or not.

Dave.
May 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM

She called Vika a brainless ballbasher, who in turn called her a pusher. :lol:

Anyone have the link to the vid?

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thkmra http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=17838861#post17838861)

Whow!!
I thought Vika, Caro and Serena were close friends and exchange tweets on a regaular basis.
I'd like to see more about this.

mckyle.
May 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
All these brainless ball bashers have a few good weeks in their careers. Karolina Sprem.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Yay for bandwagoning

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rezai is older than Sharapova and Ivanovic. If she's the next generation leader then who the hell are Masha and Ana?

BuTtErFrEnA
May 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Rezai is older than Sharapova and Ivanovic. If she's the next generation leader then who the hell are Masha and Ana?

stuck in Rezai's shadow obviously :p

terjw
May 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM
As others have said - let's see if she can keep this level up for any reasonable length of time before hailing her as the new messiah. Right now she's having a purple patch that's for sure and those shots which are difficult to read are all going in.

Midnight_Robber
May 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM

No she didn't. When she debuted at her first Wimbledon she was instantly recognised as one to watch and one who would likely win a slam and soon - though perhaps not the following year. Even I picked her as an up-and-coming GS chanmpion from the moment I saw her play. Even going into the final in '04, many people who had watched Maria play thought that she could pull the upset. So when she won, she just fulfilled many people's predictions for her a little earlier than expected, which is different from it coming straight out of nowhere.

Rezai's game isn't new to me - I've watched her in the past, and until her recent run and style of play I have never thought of her game in relation to winning slams. Doesn't mean that she's not capable of it, or that she might not go on to become a real force but comparing her potential breakthrough to that of Sharapova is really apples and oranges.

Polikarpov
May 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Girl has to learn how to hit an overhead with the correct grip first before she leads this "Big Babe" tennis.

madmax
May 26th, 2010, 08:25 PM
so now Rezai is a NEW generation of BIG babe tennis? DDDD Nevermind that she's older than Masha and Ana, she doesn't have the GAME to dominate tour the way Masha did in patches (and still will do come hard court season)

lungfish
May 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Yay for bandwagoning

Bandwagon? Do you all live in a bubble haha?
Most people don't even know who Rezai is, really.. She is a noteworthy player, that's for sure. And I think that's all people mean when they say that they see a bright future ahead of her. Watching her play, it is evident that there is a possible GS winner in there.. she needs to hone a few components of her game and the sky is her limit. 'Noteworthy' being the operative word. Only time will tell.

Cp6uja
May 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Rezai ability to hit ball really hard was famous even when she is still not TOP30 player - but that, or her weight, is simple not enough to be called "BIG BABE", because she is just 1.65m tall :shrug: It's like to call Henin "BIG BABE" which also can hit ball very hard and Justine is even taller than Aravane. But I see other one player from France which will maybe Lead Next Generation of BIG Babe Tennis - Kristina Mladenovic. Personally I cant see any potential BIG BABE real deal into 1988-1992 WTA class girls, so Mladenovic or/and Robson (both will be 6.0+ft in seniors) from 1993+ will be probably NEXT big babes after Maria and Ana (both 1987).

Vikapower
May 26th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Aravane is a respectable person but she's a little to much over-GOATed and has became a potential GS champ in just a week. :weirdo:

She certainly hits the ball very hard but other from that her technic is mediocre at the net where most of the time she looked to hit as hard as possible not even watching where Kerber was heading to moreover she doesn't have no form of touch and for her 4'0" height she really doesn't run that good either way thus her defensive lackness. :tape:

And one thing she's showed is that the pressure is starting to get to her and unfortunatly and as all my fellow french players we will crack when the title reaches closer to hand. :wavey:

Steffica Greles
May 26th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Well she's definitely big.

tenn_ace
May 26th, 2010, 08:47 PM

you mean willie? :rolls:

nevetssllim
May 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxgoD1WCtA

;)

I love Vika's accent!

tenn_ace
May 26th, 2010, 08:50 PM
the thread starter needs to get out more often and see the world. the girl has been around forever and played similar level tennis couple of years ago before getting injured.

young_gunner913
May 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Well, this is the second tournament, and she continues to be impressing.
She may not win it, but she has been impressive so far.
Even winning in 3 sets, she did with such confidence and hard hitting that it still looks like a beat down.

I'm not impressed.

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I heard her today when she was speaking with the umpire:tape:kinda Barry White:lol:

tennisbum79
May 29th, 2010, 03:16 AM
I heard her today when she was speaking with the umpire:tape:kinda Barry White:lol:
Well, I heard her on Tennics Channel "Bag Check" segment, and she had a normal femal voice.

Are you are not confusing her with the umpire?
There is a Fecnh umpire who has a very deep voice.

duhcity
May 29th, 2010, 03:59 AM
kleybs is better than rezai

Carotastrophe
May 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Xinyun Han :inlove: will be the next generation :cheer:

ZODIAC
May 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
thanks gracias merci obrigada habib senorita Petrova!!!!:kiss:...tennis won today:worship::bounce:

edificio
May 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
You forgot danke.