PDA

View Full Version : RG R2: (15) Aravane Rezai def. Angelique Kerber 62 26 63

heart
May 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
aravane:cheer:

crazillo
The rain delay SO saved Rezai... Kerber did what she could, I felt she could have won this match. :sad:

Terrible crowd once again, it was more like a war...

The Daviator
68 winners :speakles:

Ferg
noo Angie :tears:

Hashim.
May 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Good:hearts:

Chorophyll
Speedbump but not a roadblock.

tennisbum79
Hard anc lean hitting from both players

Brena
May 26th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Ah, what a pity, Kerb. But at least Rezai's UE count is beginning to look normal again.

Aaron.
Rezai is so annoying I want to smack the hell outta her

TheBoiledEgg
well done Aravane :yeah: :D

rain delay helped :devil:

delicatecutter
Brilliant stuff in that 3rd set!! She never fails to take my breath away with her amazing winners. :worship:

Keep on going Caravan!! Take out Nadia next! :drive:

Adrian1092
Aravane :hearts: Great fighting! Keep it up now! Allez :woohoo:

Angie :hug: Nice try ;)

Jienus
Best player won.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5849/statsg.jpg

cellophane
Nadia must take care of you in the next round:fiery: But I sense she won't.

Ferg
May 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Best player won.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5849/statsg.jpg

A lot of winners for a 'pusher'!!

Elwin.
May 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Good match :)

Aravane :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Wow! :eek: Seems like a high quality match?:spit:
Rezai :cheer:

toby345
Petrova will win next round :shrug:

KournikovaFan91
:woohoo:
Aravane

mure
May 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Funny people in Gm.Bitchin all year about the level of wta and here comes a new player hittin winners from everywhere,playing great tennis and the same people still hate her.

I thought she got tight at the end,but without a doubt a fair result.

Serenus Christ
May 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
lucky bitch.
rain delay saved your tin foil ass.

améliemomo
May 26th, 2010, 04:51 PM
what an annoying girl this kerber.

Thank God aravane managed to kick her out from here, no way shecan lose to that girl again:o:rolleyes:

well done Aravane, keep winning!:)

tennnisfannn
May 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Aravane is amazing, she can hit winners from just about anywhere!

Aravanecaravan
Not a textbook way to do it, but OK, she moves on. Conditions weren't the best for her. Good sign that she's winning these types of slopfests instead of just coming close.

Petrova will give her the pace she needs to let it rip.

Nice fight, Aravane! :inlove:

sunsfuns
Funny people in Gm.Bitchin all year about the level of wta and here comes a new player hittin winners from everywhere,playing great tennis and the same people still hate her.

Well said.

P.S. I am ok with more defensive players as well.

fawnrc
Rezai is so annoying I want to smack the hell outta her

lol, i agree!!

crazillo

Thank God aravane managed to kick her out from here, no way shecan lose to that girl again:o:rolleyes:

Rezai was the only one annoying here, accompanied by an annoying crowd!

Aaron.

I thought she got tight at the end,but without a doubt a fair result. Yeah and since when is ball bashing great tennis? :spit:

Dodoboy.
May 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
The rain delay SO saved Rezai... Kerber did what she could, I felt she could have won this match. :sad:

Terrible crowd once again, it was more like a war...

If it was the french would lose.

Bobisa
May 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM
:(

hurricanejeanne
May 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Allez Ara! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

machinist
May 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Did she not play well? I saw her first round match and she was awesome.

Aaron.
May 26th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Did she not play well? I saw her first round match and she was awesome. Her game is risky what do you expect :shrug:

harloo
May 26th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Kerber almost had her but I have to say Rezai looked pretty good at the end. She's still riding high from her win in Madrid but we'll see how she fairs against Petrova.

Jienus
May 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
A lot of winners for a 'pusher'!!

Yep, she almost hit one per game :eek:

améliemomo
May 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Rezai was the only one annoying here, accompanied by an annoying crowd!

Allez!and you've seen nothing yet:devil:

*Jean*
May 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Angelique :sad: :hug:

Iceland
May 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Sometimes you need a bit of luck to win matches. Aravane had the rain delay in her favour but managed to raise her level when she needed it. I have only watched the 3rd set and I can't believe people still call Aravane brainless. She wrong footed Angelique a couple of times, made some successful attempts at the net and was pretty patient. Most errors can be accounted for her nerves, not that much for her lack of tactics.

The better player won, that's all. Well done Aravane!

LefandePatty
May 26th, 2010, 05:17 PM
DAMN!! I REALLY can't stand Caravane :o :mad:
She's sooo annonying on court :help:
she really got lucky with the rain delay today, otherwise Angie would have crushed her in the 3rd set :rolleyes:

Kick her ass, Nadia!!!! :bounce:

LadyB
May 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Rezai should die in a fire.

:help:

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah and since when is ball bashing great tennis? :spit:

If you want to smack more ballbashers, look at the player in your sig and on your avatar, dude :rolleyes:

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM
If you want to smack more ballbashers, look at the player in your sig and on your avatar, dude :rolleyes:

OOOoooOOOO low blow! That one was a cheap shot! :lol:

But anyway, as usual, you enter a thread, make it about Venus and soon enough you'll be running away with your tail between your legs.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Aravane is amazing, she can hit winners from just about anywhere!
High risk, high reward game.
Exciting player.

However, when those balls do not fall in, look for posters to criticize her for not having plan B.

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM
High risk, high reward game.
Exciting player.

However, when those balls do not fall in, look for posters to criticize her for not having plan B.

To be honest, in this match after a while her balls were flying beyond the baseline and into the net and thus she became somewhat tentative for a while. I think that's becoming somewhat of a habit.

Only then was Kerber able to make some sort of impression with her game for about a set and a half until Rezai found her form again.

But really, Kerber was quite close to winning, if only she held after she broke but she's just too mentally weak. The crowd mentally destroyed her.

That's why I don't think Petrova will win the next round. She's not exactly consistent herself and the French Open crowd will just get to her.

Libertango
May 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Woooooooo!

Keep going Aravane!

V-MAC
May 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Dude, where have you been? I wish Vee was still in a more "ballbashing" frame of mind. It is better than this new passive play she seems so intent on playing lately:(

AnDrEi.b
May 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Allez Ara !

VIKA?
May 26th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Aravane:D

2moretogo
May 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Dunno, that was a pretty entertaining match. Kerber knew what to do out there, but right now Rezai is so confident. She looks like she not only ready to be a sleeper, she looks like she's a contender and believes that she's gonna win this thing.

Stevecw
May 26th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Good job Aravane!! :clap2:
Great to get the win without playing at her best.

Keep it going!! Beat Petrova and keep pissing off all your haters :yeah:

Aaron.
May 26th, 2010, 06:21 PM
If you want to smack more ballbashers, look at the player in your sig and on your avatar, dude :rolleyes: Oh yeah I forgot Venus is really a ballbasher I mean she really hits the ball as hard as she can on every shot and she cant volley worth shit :rolleyes:

:weirdo:

Yarden
May 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
phew Aravane :yeah:
please take some rest before your match against Nadia :)

Matt01
May 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah I forgot Venus is really a ballbasher I mean she really hits the ball as hard as she can on every shot and she cant volley worth shit :rolleyes:

rickxx
May 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Aravane:bounce:

iPatty
May 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM

A Rezai fan calling anyone annoying is just too much. :spit:

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah and since when is ball bashing great tennis? :spit:
When the ball goes in and your winner tally is higher than your error tally?

Stop acting like hitting hard is some reprehensible game style. When you do it as well as Rezai, it's gorgeous.

Dance, haters.

Rex59
May 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Don't get it. Aravane just whipped Justine, Jelena and Venus in Mardrid. But, she has to go into meditative contemplation, have a private session with the DaLai Lama in order to clear her mind and regain focus, ere facing the formidable "Nadia Petrova". Petrova!!!! C-mon........

Aravanecaravan
May 26th, 2010, 11:19 PM
When the ball goes in and your winner tally is higher than your error tally?

Stop acting like hitting hard is some reprehensible game style. When you do it as well as Rezai, it's gorgeous.

Dance, haters.

Watching the ESPN coverage of it now, and Mary Carillo was just laughing at some of Aravane's winners. "Giggle-worthy power", she said. It was nice to finally hear some positive comments about her from the analysts. Nice to see her finally getting some credit.

cardio
May 28th, 2010, 07:49 AM
But really, Kerber was quite close to winning, if only she held after she broke but she's just too mentally weak. The crowd mentally destroyed her.

That's why I don't think Petrova will win the next round. She's not exactly consistent herself and the French Open crowd will just get to her.

They already played in RG 2008 and I assume French crowd behaved pretty much same way it behaves today. Crowd didnt "get" Petrova, she won 7-6, 6-3. Influence of French partisan crowd is overrated. They didnt save Monfils, they didnt save Gasquet and they cant save Rezai if she has little bit "off" day. If she has another "zillion winners" day, she wins anyway and anywhere.

Pops Maellard
May 28th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Oh yeah I forgot Venus is really a ballbasher I mean she really hits the ball as hard as she can on every shot and she cant volley worth shit :rolleyes:

Don't feed the troll.

Pops Maellard
May 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
:lol: Bad-repped.