PDA

View Full Version : "Rezai Not Exactly French = She Is Tougher"

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
"She does not have French mentality, she is tougher", MJF report that is what she heard from the other French players.

Well ,this explains Mauresmo

narutos
May 26th, 2010, 04:22 PM
"She does not have French mentality, she is tougher", MJF report that is what she heard from the other French players.

That's exactly what I meant when I said she wasn't totally french couple of weeks ago she didn't grow up with this mentality, French mentality like the most important thing is participate.:lol:

Patrick345
May 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM

How is Rezai mentally tough? She bashes that ball the same way from start to finish, whether itīs 5-0 or 6-6. Itīs not like she has something like a Plan B and can adjust her strategy in big moments. She only knows one way to play, so she doesnīt need to start thinking. :tape:

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM
How is Rezai mentally tough? She bashes that ball the same way from start to finish, whether itīs 5-0 or 6-6. Itīs not like she has something like a Plan B and can adjust her strategy in big moments. She only knows one way to play, so she doesnīt need to start thinking. :tape:
Well the French players MJF talked think Rezai is tougher than the typical French player.

I guess what you refer to as not having plan B, they see as willing to stick with her plan and keeping the pressure on the opponent.
This, they think, most French players are not capable of doing.

Brena
May 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I don't know whether it fits the definition of ''tough'', but what I see as Rezai's biggest strength is her obvious feeling of superiority. She simply feels superior to everyone else, no matter how much more accomplished or simply better her opponent is. Hence her ability to not choke against the likes of Henin or Venus in Madrid (I don't count JJ, since no one is ever intimidated of her anyway :lol:)

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I don't know whether it fits the definition of ''tough'', but what I see as Rezai's biggest strength is her obvious feeling of superiority. She simply feels superior to everyone else, no matter how much more accomplished or simply better her opponent is. Hence her ability to not choke against the likes of Henin or Venus in Madrid (I don't count JJ, since no one is ever intimidated of her anyway :lol:)
Better word would be confidence.

Brena
May 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Better world would be confidence.

I get the ''superiority'' vibe, but maybe that's just me.

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Aravane is a Goddess amongst women! :bowdown:

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
When they become successful, people who feel they have been excluded from the establishment are perceived as cocky, having a chip on their shoulder by their brahsness in behavior and attitude.

tennnisfannn
May 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM
The more successful she becomes the less 'white' she is going to be! haha

Aaron.
May 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
How is Rezai mentally tough? She bashes that ball the same way from start to finish, whether itīs 5-0 or 6-6. Itīs not like she has something like a Plan B and can adjust her strategy in big moments. She only knows one way to play, so she doesnīt need to start thinking. :tape: Exactly :lol:

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
In France a great number of their athletes are non-white anyways.

Look at they their football team, most players are black or arab, whites are minority.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Look at they their football team, most players are black or arab, whites are minority.

But I know what you mean

mirzalover
May 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Rezai is that bitch! You cant take?

tennnisfannn
May 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM

But I know what you mean
Alex Stone (I think) aussie commentator was commenting about how 'refreshing' it was to see her style of play etc and I was like say what:lol:

fawnrc
May 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM

"Superior" is a good descriptor.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM
She is annoying. I hope she loses soon.

Patrick345
May 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Exactly :lol:

Nevertheless Iīd rather be that way when Iīm up 40-0 with three matchpoints against the defending champion, instead of having the thought: Oh my god, Iīm so gonna fuck this up, I will choke, mama" run through my mind in five different languages like Petkovic. :rolleyes:

woosey
May 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM

well, iranians are the original aryans so that is doubtful.

but, i think i get what you mean.

Kipling
May 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM

She is a great fighter. Have you watched many of her matches? She fights back from being down in sets and matches all the time. She doesn't wilt like a lot of the women when they fall behind in sets. She fights to the end. I would call that "mental toughness".

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I think I don't even like MJF's original comment. She should just talk about her style of play. What is the French tennis player mentality? Do they all have the same mentality? Come on. Bit much.

Kipling
May 26th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Aravane is a Goddess amongst women! :bowdown:

I agree! ;)

Kipling
May 26th, 2010, 06:14 PM

:rolleyes:

Where's your psychology degree?

Tennisbum has it right. Confidence is not thinking you're better than anyone else. It's being comfortable enough in your own game to believe in what you are trying to do and not to be affected by the moment.

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
(I don't count JJ, since no one is ever intimidated of her anyway :lol:)

The ballboys feel differently.

cellophane
May 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
MJF has no clue anyways. Typical French mentality? Which is what?

terjw
May 26th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Yes. I get that impression. More than just confidence.

Volcana
May 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
"She does not have French mentality, she is tougher"In Non-Tennis, I would have something to say about the stupidity of that comment. Limiting to women's tennis in 2010, all I can say is that it has as much value as anything from an unnamed source.

MJF has been in the broadcasting business for a while now. I expect better than this.

terjw
May 26th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Being a ball basher or only knowing one way to play and not having a plan B is totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with whether you are mentally strong or weak. There's plenty of ball bashers who can only play one way and "don't need to start thinking" that are neverthesess still mentally weak when the pressure increases.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM
In Non-Tennis, I would have something to say about the stupidity of that comment. Limiting to women's tennis in 2010, all I can say is that it has as much value as anything from an unnamed source.

MJF has been in the broadcasting business for a while now. I expect better than this.

Are you implying that MJF did not actually talk to the French players as she said?

Or do you disagree with the statement?

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
MJF speaks about being mentally tough. :lol:
It's as if Kournikova talked about what it takes to win titles...