PDA

View Full Version : What top players prefer Chatrier court over Lenglen and vice versa ?

LightWarrior
May 25th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I remember Serena once said that she prefers Chatrier. Indeed she always seems to play well on it whereas where she's on Lenglen she seems to have a hard time adjusting and has had bad losses here. Seems to be the opposite for Venus.
Anyway most players complain that both courts are very different. No wonder Federer was scheduled to play all his mathes on Chatrier last year. The trend continues this year...I wish Serena could play all her matches on Chatrier. I mean she's godamn #1, 12 GS titles - not far away from Fed.

Fantasy Hero
May 25th, 2010, 11:10 PM
flavia prefers court 3 :devil:

LightWarrior
May 25th, 2010, 11:18 PM
flavia prefers court 3 :devil:

But did beat Venus on Chatrier.

Wiggly
May 25th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Jankovic likes any court that doesn't require an helicopter flight before the match.

danieln1
May 25th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Serena lost on Lenglen last year and had the toughest time against Zakopolova also...

She definetely prefers Chatrier, and they must put her every single time

Keegan
May 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Jelena prefers Court 18 at Wimbledon :).

LightWarrior
May 26th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Serena lost on Lenglen last year and had the toughest time against Zakopolova also...

Plus the dramatic loss over Sanchez Vicario in 1998, she also lost on Lenglen against Srebotnik a few years ago...Bad court for her.

Renalicious
May 26th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Didn't she play MJMS last year on Lenglen too? Yeah, Lenglen is not a good court for her.

Lucas_Arg
May 26th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I pray they put Sharapova vs Henin on Chatrier.
Lenglen is so slooooooooooooow!