"Huge upset! Maria Jose Fernandez lost"

Both by former ITF player Katarzyna Strączy :spit:
http://i27.tinypic.com/k9etl3.jpg

cellophane
May 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Didn't know Mary Joe was still playing :p

nevetssllim
May 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Annabel Croft's pronounciation of Voegele in yesterday's Game Set & Mats was hilarious. :lol:

Caipirinha Guy
May 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Also:
"The former champion, Ana Ivanović from Croatia defeated Kai-Chen Chang from Taiwan"
:p

s_j
May 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Mats Wilander was saying Maria Sharapova didn't have a P on her racket because her sponsor 'obviously' didn't know where her game was and she wasn't worth sponsoring anymore. :lol:

As if any sponsor of Maria would EVER drop her!

Marilyn Monheaux
May 25th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Mats Wilander was saying Maria Sharapova didn't have a P on her racket because her sponsor 'obviously' didn't know where her game was and she wasn't worth sponsoring anymore. :lol:

:spit:

The commentators are so clueless on that matter! I wanna know what's up with Maria's racket change, damnit!:o

swissmr
May 25th, 2010, 09:22 PM

Yeah, Sam Smith was saying this too, they obviously haven't seen the other players that Prince sponsor :tape:

stangtennis
May 25th, 2010, 09:53 PM
There a also some clueless players.
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html
Click 'Inside The French' and select 'May 25, 2010' in the drop down menu and then click at the clip 'Quiz - D. Tursunov vs E. Dementieva'.

TV Quiz - D. Tursunov vs E. Dementieva

Interviewer: Last French male player to have won Roland Garros?

Dmitry Tursunov: Oh my god, I thought i was about me. Yannick Noah.

Elena Dementieva: Roger Federer. :rolls:[Ok, she probably just missed the 'French' part].

Interviewer: I will repeat my question. Last French male player to have won Roland Garros?

Elena Dementieva: I think only Yannick Noah won French Open.

Interviewer: When was the last time Justine won here in Roland Garros?

Dmitry Tursunov: I don't know man, I have no idea about women's tennis. I know she won at some point, or maybe she didn't win. It's a trick question probably. :rolls:

Elena Dementieva: Oh that's easy. ... A couple of years ago.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM
'Virginie Rezai' :hearts:

faboozadoo15
May 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Aww , Elena could have thought she was asked about a "french speaking" player. She must know he's Swiss...

And Dmitry, I'm shocked. I mean even if he AVOIDED women's tennis, it would still be in the headlines. I guess every time she's won he's already been gone from Paris for over a week.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Aww , Elena could have thought she was asked about a "french speaking" player. She must know he's Swiss...

And Dmitry, I'm shocked. I mean even if he AVOIDED women's tennis, it would still be in the headlines. I guess every time she's won he's already been gone from Paris for over a week.

You dont really think hes serious do you?!

Kworb
May 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM
"I see the Williams sisters are playing on court 2 today, kind of strange cause they are usually on center court or on Lenglen. First it's Serena who plays against Flipkens and then Venus takes on Tanasugarn."

:hysteric:

"Here we see the match point of Agnieszka Radwanska. Her sister Kateryna already won earlier today."

faboozadoo15
May 25th, 2010, 10:09 PM

:lol: hard to tell without seeing his reaction.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 10:11 PM

You should read his blogs, hes easily the funniest person on tour!

KournikovaFan91
May 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM

Well some players are very anti-WTA, Tursunov may not have been serious but a lot of male players hate women's tennis.

I remember when Gasquet's booty call from Sydney told all of MTF that he told her he didn't like women't tennis because it wasn't good. Although he hardly produces amazing tennis himself.

stangtennis
May 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM
"Here we see the match point of Agnieszka Radwanska. Her sister Kateryna already won earlier today."
Agnieszka Radwańska and Kateryna Bondarenko sisters?

I heard there's another pair of sister on the tour too: Urszula Radwańska and Alona Bondarenko. :lol:

_marial_
May 25th, 2010, 10:13 PM
"I see the Williams sisters are playing on court 2 today, kind of strange cause they are usually on center court or on Lenglen. First it's Serena who plays against Flipkens and then Venus takes on Tanasugarn."

OMG :spit:

stangtennis
May 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Just click the link I gave and see the clip yourself.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Well some players are very anti-WTA, Tursunov may not have been serious but a lot of male players hate women's tennis.

I remember when Gasquet's booty call from Sydney told all of MTF that he told her he didn't like women't tennis because it wasn't good. Although he hardly produces amazing tennis himself.

Oh yeah, I know a lot of the women hate some of the men for it. MTF is mostly full of psychos too. But knowing a bit about Tursunov Im sure he was just joking, hes great friends with a lot of the Russian women.

stangtennis
May 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Is that a new doubles format at Roland Garros? 1 doubles partner takes on a doubles partner from the other pai in the first set and then the two other players takes over in the 2nd set? For the 3rd set the pairs can pick the player who played best in the previous sets to repesent their double. :lol:

darkchild
May 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I remember when Gasquet's booty call from Sydney told all of MTF that he told him he didn't like women't tennis because it wasn't good. Although he hardly produces amazing tennis himself.

Gasquet, your name is not Victoria, but you certainly act like a Queen yesterday.

hellas719
May 26th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Tipsarevic hates the WTA :rolleyes:

American commentators:
"Venus is debuting her new Nike dress here in Paris"

"Justine Henin will take on Svetlana Pironkova in the first round"

Roookie
May 26th, 2010, 05:27 AM

:lol:

ozfan44
May 26th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mark Woodforde "I wonder if he is going to ask for hawkeye on that return"

LightsOut!
May 26th, 2010, 07:27 AM
There are some really funny ones here :haha::yeah: And I love the Vogelli or Woughshelley people call Steffi :)

claypova
May 26th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Tipsarevic hates the WTA :rolleyes:

American commentators:
"Venus is debuting her new Nike dress here in Paris"

"Justine Henin will take on Svetlana Pironkova in the first round"

Anyone? :p
I'll give some Polish examples:

"Wow, Pironkova served 197 kilograms per hour!"

http://i27.tinypic.com/k9etl3.jpg

OMG :rolls:

saul1333
May 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Martina called MJMS "Sanchez Lorenzo"..honest mistake :lol:

Midnight_Robber
May 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Anyone? :p
I'll give some Polish examples:

"Wow, Pironkova served 197 kilograms per hour!"

Priceless, especially serving up 197 'kilograms and the new and improved doubles format! :haha: