PDA

View Full Version : RG 2R: [11] Na "Showcourt" Li v [WC] Stephani Cohen Aloro & French Crowd

NA-GOAT
May 25th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Na played her 1R on Suzanne Lenglan and will play her 2R on Bullring Court 1 :dance:

She did not like her 1R atmosphere ... this is what she say after the match:

"Today was the worst I played all season," said the world number 12.

"I was nervous in this match. In the first match of course everyone is nervous but also she was French so the whole crowd was for her and I didn't play at my level. I felt like I played like a junior."

Hope Na don't mind the French crowd in 2R :scared:

Shvedbarilescu
May 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Na played her 1R on Suzanne Lenglan and will play her 2R on Bullring Court 1 :dance:

She did not like her 1R atmosphere ... this is what she say after the match:

"Today was the worst I played all season," said the world number 12.

"I was nervous in this match. In the first match of course everyone is nervous but also she was French so the whole crowd was for her and I didn't play at my level. I felt like I played like a junior."

Hope Na don't mind the French crowd in 2R :scared:

I think it was tough for all three Warsaw semifinalists in the RG draw (Arn didn't make the RG entry list). The conditions, weatherwise and of the clay itself in Paris were so hugely different in Paris to Warsaw, the players had to get over a tiring week and make huge adjustments to the new conditions with very little time to adapt. All three of them, Li, Zheng and Dulgheru won but all three struggled and won far less convincingly than they were expected too. Personally I thought all three did a fine job just surviving their first round matches under the difficult circumstances. Tennis players aren't machines, they get tired, and they need time to get comfortable with the speed and bounce of courts, especially on clay and grass where they can be huge differences between one court to another.

But now that they will have all had a day off to rest and acclimate themselves to the RG courts I expect all three to play much better in the 2nd round matches.

Na Li should win this in a very routine manner. Cohen Aloro will do well to win six games total.

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Routine win

NA-GOAT
May 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think it was tough for all three Warsaw semifinalists in the RG draw (Arn didn't make the RG entry list). The conditions, weatherwise and of the clay itself in Paris were so hugely different in Paris to Warsaw, the players had to get over a tiring week and make huge adjustments to the new conditions with very little time to adapt. All three of them, Li, Zheng and Dulgheru won but all three struggled and won far less convincingly than they were expected too. Personally I thought all three did a fine job just surviving their first round matches under the difficult circumstances. Tennis players aren't machines, they get tired, and they need time to get comfortable with the speed and bounce of courts, especially on clay and grass where they can be huge differences between one court to another.

But now that they will have all had a day off to rest and acclimate themselves to the RG courts I expect all three to play much better in the 2nd round matches.

Na Li should win this in a very routine manner. Cohen Aloro will do well to win six games total.

That is a great analysis ... yes, Alex, Na and Jie had to deal with the change in condition from Warsaw to Paris ... and they made it through the 1R in tight matches ... I think they will have more than one day off now because it is suppose rain the next two days

Think Na will win Stephanie easy ... Alex will win Timea in one close set and and one easy set ... I don't know Pivovorva's game so no idea how Jie will do :help:

AnywhereButHome
May 25th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Li 6/3 6/3.

Shvedbarilescu
May 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
That is a great analysis ... yes, Alex, Na and Jie had to deal with the change in condition from Warsaw to Paris ... and they made it through the 1R in tight matches ... I think they will have more than one day off now because it is suppose rain the next two days

Think Na will win Stephanie easy ... Alex will win Timea in one close set and and one easy set ... I don't know Pivovorva's game so no idea how Jie will do :help:

Nastya has some talent and I'm glad to see her doing well but Jie will do fine against her, you need not worry. ;)

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Na Mug did God tell you it's definitly going to rain when he punish you for your sins in Flower land?

Pasta-Na
May 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM
na li'll win :cheer:

claypova
May 26th, 2010, 01:28 AM
straight sets win for Nana:)

danieln1
May 26th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Na 6-2 6-1

LeonHart
May 26th, 2010, 02:36 AM
I think this will be a tricky match for Na. She'll have to bring down her UE's by a drastic margin to keep up with Cohen Aloro's slice backhand.

tonybotz
May 26th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Nani Goat Juice for the win

AnDrEi.b
May 26th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Li 6-4 / 6-2