PDA

View Full Version : Dinara Safina: The Fall Cometh

chuvack
May 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Guess Dinara's ranking after the Wimby SF points come off.

My guess: #47.

thegreendestiny
May 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM
:woohoo:

Back to where she belongs. :p

goldenlox
May 25th, 2010, 01:09 PM
If her back allows her to play a full schedule, she will be fine.

Aravanecaravan
May 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
It's terrible to suffer from a back injury. That can be debilitating. I just hope she doesn't have any lasting back pain.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Guess Dinara's ranking after the Wimby SF points come off.

My guess: #47.

my guess = you cant count

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 01:15 PM

:worship:

Her back is still hurt and movement still lacking

chuvack
May 25th, 2010, 01:16 PM

I didn't count, I just guessed :p

The 2nd Law
May 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Dinara could still go deep here, you never know. I just hope she is healthy, her ranking will take care of itself if she can play a full schedule as others have noted.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Shes been basically pushing since shes come back.

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Shes chubby? I see a tummy

Vanity Bonfire
May 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Dinara could still go deep here, you never know. I just hope she is healthy, her ranking will take care of itself if she can play a full schedule as others have noted.

She really can't. She's struggling to beat the simplest of players. Date Krumm on clay should be an easy assignment.

Ferg
May 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM
She really can't. She's struggling to beat the simplest of players. Date Krumm on clay should be an easy assignment.

Exactly. Kimiko has hit over 50 UEs and Safina still cant beat her, at least not yet. When she faces a player who isnt playing bad, shes gonna lose.

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM

Yeah Kimiko who reach SF in RG is simple.
I mean that's a low stab , they are both capable of playing great tennis.But just not today

thegreendestiny
May 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Dinara could still go deep here, you never know.

Yeah, deep shit that is.

tennisforadults
May 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Shes chubby? I see a tummy

Safina is actually really lean. I'm not sure why her abdomen pushes out like that - could be posture problem, where your organs sit further in front than it should be.

Vanity Bonfire
May 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah Kimiko who reach SF in RG is simple.
I mean that's a low stab , they are both capable of playing great tennis.But just not today

Sweetie, that was 15 years ago. I don't think we can apply that result to today's game.

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
She got back into top 100 and won a title So I don't even need to say much more.
She's playing Injured aswell ... Couldn't bend etc
this just tells how bad Dinara is :spit:

Andreas
May 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Safina hit 1 winner in set 2 and 1 in set 3 - and that's against a player who can't move at all. Yet Dinara is come on'ing like she won the whole tournament each time Kimiko commits an error. Really pathetic behaviour from Dinara here.

Brena
May 25th, 2010, 01:38 PM
How can anyone take pleasure in a struggle a player who has just come back from a bad injury is going through? :awww:

Jogi
May 25th, 2010, 01:42 PM
she's being overpowered by date-krumm :help:

Noctis
May 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Kimiko won a game without Moving :hysteric: GOAT

dsanders06
May 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
LMAO, this match is so unbelievably awful.

crazillo
May 25th, 2010, 01:44 PM
she's being overpowered by date-krumm :help:

well date has no choice but hit the ball hard. too bad she can't move well. :(

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 25th, 2010, 01:48 PM
sorry to be a bitch but this is turning into live scores-take it elsewhere ya

Jogi
May 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Dates shots are lovely, Safina isn't doing a thing though

mckyle.
May 25th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Safina has been hitting with as much power as a 7 year-old :o She's nothing like she used to be at the moment

goldenlox
May 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Dinara came back too early. She wanted to play on red clay.
She needs more time, after this tournament, she'll have time.

earthcrystal
May 25th, 2010, 02:16 PM
You're a lousy guesser (do you know *anything* about rankings?) and this is a cruel thread. The girl has been struggling with injury and confidence...and this is a laughing matter?

Do you also kick small animals that have been hit by cars?

I certainly wish her the best in overcoming all her challenges and regaining her form.

chuvack
May 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Dinara came back too early. She wanted to play on red clay.
She needs more time, after this tournament, she'll have time.

I suppose if Dinara's problems were only to do with the back injury, however, she would not have fired Krajan, who coached her so successfully last spring...

M.P
May 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM
well she have still 2 more tournament to get rest

young_gunner913
May 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Gravity hurts. :tape:

Wiggly
May 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Safina was playing like a mediocre pusher well before her injury.
She wasn't winning ugly, she was winning in a fugly way.

So no surprises in these loses.

Slutiana
May 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Safina was playing like a mediocre pusher well before her injury.
She wasn't winning ugly, she was winning in a fugly way.

So no surprises in these loses.
Agreed. It seems like now the pushing has just been exaggerated to the max.

goldenlox
May 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Here’s what Dinara Safina had to say after her defeat: “First I thought I was doing pretty good, but then I got tight and I lost the motion. I started to basically get tight and the serve started to make more double faults. Of course you want to win, and especially I saw her, she's cramping. Then I just started to look at her instead of thinking what I was doing until 4‑1. And then I just… I was more thinking about her than about myself, what I had to do. I lost the momentum.”
She has also recently split with coach, long-time mentor and good mate of brother Marat Zeljko Krajan, and had only good things to say about the departed “Z”: “After Madrid I took a decision to stop. Definitely he did the best job than everybody could make with me. He brought me to No. 1 in the world. I mean, not him: together we came together to No. 1. But I decided that I wanted to stop, and that's it. I won't say anything. I don't want to comment anything else.”
Her final comments? “I will have to swallow this loss and keep on moving. I was in worse situations, and I mean, that's life. After rain, always sun comes. I will do my best.”