PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

azdaja
May 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
i haven't started a new thread in a while and since every player forum seems to have this i think we need it too. it's better to discuss what's going on in a tournament in a separate thread and have one just for ana.

so, aravane has just beat jj. which is nice from my point of view because i've always had a soft spot for her. i guess most people here will be happy simply coz jj lost, though :p

bruce goose
May 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM
i haven't started a new thread in a while and since every player forum seems to have this i think we need it too. it's better to discuss what's going on in a tournament in a separate thread and have one just for ana.

so, aravane has just beat jj. which is nice from my point of view because i've always had a soft spot for her. i guess most people here will be happy simply coz jj lost, though :pDon't really care that much about JJ losing....There's not too much suspense since I sort of EXPECT her to lose:lol:.....I wonder what the aftermath will be;Rezai is quite beautiful in her own right,so what will Jelena do when the cameras swarm towards the Persian Queen....and forget that JJ was even there:lol::lol::lol:

Dexter
May 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM

so, aravane has just beat jj. which is nice from my point of view because i've always had a soft spot for her. i guess most people here will be happy simply coz jj lost, though :pGood thread to start. :yeah:
And hell yeah. That bitter face of gremlin was just priceless to see. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM

so, aravane has just beat jj. which is nice from my point of view because i've always had a soft spot for her. i guess most people here will be happy simply coz jj lost, though :p

Good Idea!

So... I think the last Tier I or Premier Venus won on red clay was Rome on 1999. Will she win another one 11 years later? She has Peer and Rezai/Safarova. It sure looks likely.

Curtos07
May 14th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Anybody see the handshake between Rezai and Jankovic? That was pretty quick and not so warm. :lol:

pn7cV6CEweY

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Anybody see the handshake between Rezai and Jankovic? That was pretty quick and not so warm. :lol:

:spit:

Not surprising though.. Rezai has not been shy about how much she loves JJ. :spit:;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 14th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I don't like much about JJ, but this is the face I really like.
Rezai did the same thing over and over again and JJ let her do that.

bruce goose
May 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah,even though I don't hate JJ......THAT was funny:lol::lol::lol:

Btw,there's a Brasilian gal named Pinheiro in Strasbourg qualifying.I almost never see Brasileras in any WTA draws except for the South American events.It seems their tennis program sucks when compared with Argentina's.Brasil is much better at soccer,throwing parties(including Olympic festivals).......and producing intelligent,beautiful mayors:angel::)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Btw, was RG ever so unpredictable?

Serena won her RG title and so could be glad about that. I don't see her winning now.
Not impressive lately and the last year at RG weren't good either.
Venus is kicked out early at RG as well in the last years. She must be very lucky with the draw know in the early rounds. Still not see her winning.

Sveta, Lena and Caro. It seems they hardly win a match. JJ always find her way to not win a slam. Safina is just back so we can't expect much from her either.
Henin should be the favorite, but is she 100% fit? Didn't play much and had early losses in Miami and Madrid.
What else? Clijsters won't play, Azarenka is injured. Radwanska not consistent at all.
Stosur? Nah.

Can we have a 1 slam wonder here? Martinez Sanchez won Rome and if Venus doesn't win Madrid, you'll get another surprising winner. Why not with RG as well?
I think it's gonna be 2 crazy weeks. Again a lot of surprises.
Look even at the last slams. Li & Zheng in SF and Kirilenko QF.
USO with K. Bondarenko, Oudin, Li, Pennetta and Wickmayer all in the QF.
Wimbledon was ok but still with Schiavone (on grass :help:) and Lisicki in QF. And last year RG with Cibulkova and Stosur in SF.
WTA is just crazy.
That's actually also something what offers Ana some chances.

Who will win RG?

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Serena won her RG title and so could be glad about that. I don't see her winning now.
Venus is kicked out early at RG as well in the last years. She must be very lucky with the draw know in the early rounds. Still not see her winning.

Sveta, Lena and Caro. It seems they hardly win a match. JJ always find her way to not win a slam. Safina is just back so we can't expect much from her either.
Henin should be the favorite, but is she 100% fit? Didn't play much and had early losses in Miami and Madrid.
What else? Clijsters won't play, Azarenka is injured. Radwanska not consistent at all.
Stosur? Nah.

Can we have a 1 slam wonder here? Martinez Sanchez won Rome and if Venus doesn't win Madrid, you'll get another surprising winner. Why not with RG as well?
Wimbledon was ok but still with Schiavone (on grass :help:) and Lisicki in QF. And last year RG with Cibulkova and Stosur in SF.
WTA is just crazy.

Who will win RG?

Ana always finds a way to mess up her chances.. :sobbing: The WTA is such a mess that if she was playing close to decent she would be racking up titles left and right. Unfortunately, she has fallen down beyond the crap level of the WTA nowadays.. :help:

Henin and JJ are favorites.. I still count Serena in as well.. But I agree.. it's totally unpredictable.

jelenacg
May 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM
New thread, great :worship:

I have to ask why Rezai doesn`t like JJ ? :o
Nobody can top Ana-Dani handshake :lol: Dani was so mad and Ana embarrassed by that situation

About RG, i have no idea who will win it.Justine is a huge favorite if she is fit .For the other top players the most important will be to avoid early exits in a first few rounds.I don`t see Maria defending her QF points from last year.She will really have to have an easy draw to do it .Same goes for Cibulkova

bruce goose
May 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Stosur? Nah.

WTA is just crazy.

Who will win RG?Izzy forgot one detail in her post:The ATP is some Pure D Sh-t,too.Players seem to be hurt and the supposed titans who AREN'T hurt might as well go on the injured list.Whenever I glance at the scoreboard while checking out women's news,some high seed is losing.These guys are living off the reputations of FORMER men's greats like Sampras,Agassi,etc.,as only Federer is an all-court player...and he's apparently losing HIS edge,too.Bottom line:The ATP sucks fat elephant co-ks but only the WTA gets criticized.

Sjoerd,Makiri has won at least one clay-court tourney in her career(Barcelona...can't remember the surfaces on her other titles);if she can take advantage of injuries and a lucky draw,she MIGHT be a long-shot winner,huh?:)I only have vague memories of Iva Majoli,but Makiri is at least equal to her in talent,isn't she??I hope she does great at RG:hatoff:

Cp6uja
May 14th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Call Aravane Rezai today's game style brainless, but she use most effective tactics against players like Jelena Jankovic, and she actually use same method which helped Ana to have 6-1 h2h in good old days against JJ. She hit ball as hard as possible every first time when have opportunity for that and finish point with winner, opponents forced error or UE, and if Jankovic somehow back that ball, she repeat attack (to close point) once again and again. 38 vs 17 in winners (Ana has 27 vs 28 so many time wasted opportunity to finish point trying to "construct")! Especially is effective her strategy on her own serve (and she is not better server than Venus, Serena or Ana for sure) when she knows that no matter how good is Jankovic return if she just back without attack, next ball will be much harder. Jankovic not played her best tennis of course, but she is so upset and uncomfortable on court today when face with fact that 75% of points depending of opponent winners and UE's.

Btw, was RG ever so unpredictable?About 30 minutes ago I give this answer on this question (thread about how RG/2010 is "way open"):
According to rules EVERY Roland Garros is way open... but before say that we should to know some important facts:

Last time when Justine Henin won some tier-I level claycourt tournament is may of 2005 (since that she reach ZERO tier-I claycourt titles out of 5 which played). BUT in same month (may of 2005) Justine Henin lose last time single SET at Roland Garross :eek: and she is in longest ever Open Era winning set strike which any tennis player ever have (won 35 sets in the row in Paris and still counting)! I don't say that she must win it again (especially without drop any set again), but if that not happen it will be for me same level of surprise like when Nadal not won Roland Garros last season and bigger surprise than when Federer lose vs Del Potro in New York :shrug:

So TOP10 favorites is:
1. Justine Henin
2. Justine Henin
3. Justine Henin
4. Justine Henin
5. Justine Henin
6. Jelena Jankovic
7. Serena Williams
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova
9. Samantha Stosur
10. Ana Ivanovic

But I don't expect some big surprise here, so winner probably be some of TOP5 bold favorites (see my TOP10 list once again)!From my point of view there is just one real favorite, but on other hand unseeded Ana Ivanovic chances for good result is much bigger than big majority of members at TennisForum thinking!

bruce goose
May 14th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Btw,I'm not gonna assume JJ's intent;maybe some of you could do that if you heard her voice during a presser.In print,at least,it looked like Jelena resented the fact that Rezai overpowered her...as if she somehow cheated by using raw power instead of subtlety:lol:.Like I said,if someone hears the audio,then they can better gauge JJ's intent

spiritedenergy
May 14th, 2010, 11:27 PM
i would LOOOVE for an Ana-Justine final with Ana winning in 2 sets:spit:

of course it's never going to happen:rolleyes:

bruce goose
May 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM
i would LOOOVE for an Ana-Justine final with Ana winning in 2 sets:spit:

of course it's never going to happen:rolleyes:That's where you're selling Ana short,Luca;in 1-on-1 volleyball,Ana could CERTAINLY kick Justine's ass in 2 sets

The 2nd Law
May 15th, 2010, 02:54 AM
I have a really good feeling about this RG, most of it is based around Ana, but also that it's going to be a great tournament. Of course, this actually means that the real tourney will be horrible and Ana will lose first round :lol: I'll be sure to let everyone know if I get the same vibes about Wimbledon :p

The 2nd Law
May 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Just found this in JJ's forum :lol:

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...=5419&zoneid=6

Aravane Rezai, who criticized Jelena Jankovic's personality earlier this year, took another dig at the Serb after defeating her in the Madrid quarterfinals. "She tried to intimidate me but me, I did my thing," said Rezai. "She can say what she wants, it's me who won. She was nervous and is someone not very pleasant off the court. But I respect her as a player."

:lol: :lol: :lol: How many more enemies will JJ have in her career?

azdaja
May 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM
^sometimes i wonder if ana should be this frank about jj in her interviews :p

so, i'm reading aravane is on fire. i haven't seen her play since sometime in 2008 and i remember her as someone who would make tons of unforced errors. it seems when she bashes shit out of the ball with more precision she can be unstoppable.

The 2nd Law
May 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
^sometimes i wonder if ana should be this frank about jj in her interviews :p

so, i'm reading aravane is on fire. i haven't seen her play since sometime in 2008 and i remember her as someone who would make tons of unforced errors. it seems when she bashes shit out of the ball with more precision she can be unstoppable.

:lol: That's Aravanne in a nutshell I would say. I actually admire her intenisty!

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Call Aravane Rezai today's game style brainless, but she use most effective tactics against players like Jelena Jankovic, and she actually use same method which helped Ana to have 6-1 h2h in good old days against JJ. She hit ball as hard as possible every first time when have opportunity for that and finish point with winner, opponents forced error or UE, and if Jankovic somehow back that ball, she repeat attack (to close point) once again and again. 38 vs 17 in winners (Ana has 27 vs 28 so many time wasted opportunity to finish point trying to "construct")! Especially is effective her strategy on her own serve (and she is not better server than Venus, Serena or Ana for sure) when she knows that no matter how good is Jankovic return if she just back without attack, next ball will be much harder. Jankovic not played her best tennis of course, but she is so upset and uncomfortable on court today when face with fact that 75% of points depending of opponent winners and UE's.

Rezai bashes the ball as hard and flat as anyone.. and like there is not tomorrow. If it all goes in, it's a great tactic.

I agree that Ana needs to be more aggressive.. especially against a player like Jankovic. Even though I think she lost that match because she was an idiot headcase choker.. her pushing tactics didn't help either. Ana the pusher can't win matches. She needs to regain her aggressive game.

About 30 minutes ago I give this answer on this question (thread about how RG/2010 is "way open"):
From my point of view there is just one real favorite, but on other hand unseeded Ana Ivanovic chances for good result is much bigger than big majority of members at TennisForum thinking!

I love how you always find a way to keep Ana relevant in Grand Slams discussions, even though she hasn't been to a QF in 2 years.. :spit::lol:

jelenacg
May 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Does anyone watch Rafa-Almagro?
Almagro is so annoying :o I watched many of his matches and his BH was never this good :rolleyes:
I still think Rafa will eventually win,he just needs a few good points and Almagro will start choking as always hopefully :angel:

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Does anyone watch Rafa-Almagro?
Almagro is so annoying :o I watched many of his matches and his BH was never this good :rolleyes:
I still think Rafa will eventually win,he just needs a few good points and Almagro will start choking as always hopefully :angel:

Rafa has it now! ;)

jelenacg
May 15th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Rafa has it now! ;)

Everything was easy after he saved 2 BPs in second set
Rafa :worship:
I`m hoping we`ll get to see Rafa vs Fed final tomorrow :bounce:

azdaja
May 15th, 2010, 08:51 PM
soooo, who are you gonna support in tomorrow's final? aravane or venus? i will support aravane, but won't be dissappointed if venus wins. sounds like a match that won't be too hard on my mental health :p

jelenacg
May 15th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I think Venus will win easily ,but with Venus and clay you never can be 100% sure
And i hope Rafa and Federer match will go in 3 sets with Rafa winning ofc :p

azdaja
May 15th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I think Venus will win easily ,but with Venus and clay you never can be 100% sure
And i hope Rafa and Federer match will go in 3 sets with Rafa winning ofc :p
not a huge fan of rafa, but ok :p i don't care who will win between these 2, though :yawn:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hard hard hard hitting tennis between Venus and Rezai.

Rezai is playing great.. hard and inside the lines. :lol:

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Rezai is the biggest ballbasher ever. And its not looking good for Venus.

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Rezai is the biggest ballbasher ever. And its not looking good for Venus.

The problem is also that Venus can't buy a first serve.. :help:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 02:08 PM
First set Rezai.

She is serving really well.. I think she barely lost points on serve. The wide serve is particularly effective. With a LOT of power. I don't remember Rezai's serve being this good and hard in the past..

jelenacg
May 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
What`s with Venus and completely falling apart in finals lately :help:
First Miami now this :rolleyes:
I think this tournament suits Rezai`s game very well but she won`t do anything special at RG imo

Adrian1092
May 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Amazing from Aravane :hearts: Reminds me a bit of Ana in the good old days! :tape:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
What`s with Venus and completely falling apart in finals lately :help:
First Miami now this :rolleyes:
I think this tournament suits Rezai`s game very well but she won`t do anything special at RG imo

Hey Jelena!

Good question about Venus.. she can't buy a first serve. And Rezai is wacking her second.

I actually think nobody who did well in Madrid will do particularly well in RG. :shrug: Last year the only one who did well in both was Safina, and she was on a tear the whole clay season.

jelenacg
May 16th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hey Jelena!

Good question about Venus.. she can't buy a first serve. And Rezai is wacking her second.

I actually think nobody who did well in Madrid will do particularly well in RG. :shrug: Last year the only one who did well in both was Safina, and she was on a tear the whole clay season.

Hey Izzy
I also think that.I really don`t see her doing well at RG,same with Rome`s winner :lol:

azdaja
May 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
well, aravane will be serving to stay in the second set, but she is definitely much better than she used to be.

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Watching Venus play can be so frustrating. Take the second set Vee!

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Watching Venus play can be so frustrating. Take the second set Vee!

She has wasted 4 SPs already.. :banghead:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
6 SPs wasted... :banghead:

Venus plays like a pusher when she has SPs. :banghead:

Rezai is screaming after every point.. I kind of like it! :spit:

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM

:sobbing: She was up 5-2!

azdaja
May 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM
all of her set points were on aravane's serve, though.

it was a dramatic game for 5:5 in the second set.

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
6 SPs wasted... :banghead:

Venus plays like a pusher when she has SPs. :banghead:

Rezai is screaming after every point.. I kind of like it! :spit:

Rezai has a very "Here I am, not deal with it" attitude :lol:

gaviotabr
:sobbing: She was up 5-2!

I think she will lose it now.. :sobbing:

Jang87
Yup, she just lost. VENUS! You always do this :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Rezai to serve for the match now... Venus! :help::banghead:

azdaja
May 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
aravane breaks :banana:

sorry to venus fans, i really wouldn't mind venus winning here, but i think aravane deserves it more.

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Omg, kill me right now. Sigh, the WTA is a mess :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM
all of her set points were on aravane's serve, though.

it was a dramatic game for 5:5 in the second set.

Yes.. but Venus could've won the points if she was just a bit more aggressive. Aravane also had some luck with balls on the line. She is playing great though... so all credits to her.

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Rezai wins.

Venus has become a choker.. :spit:

All credits to Rezai though.. she played well throughout.. was super intense.. and imposed her game from the very first point.

Such a random clay season this year.

bruce goose
May 16th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Omg, kill me right now. Sigh, the WTA is a mess :sobbing::confused:WHY??Rezai EARNED this spot by crushing Henin...then whipping JJ and Venus......No offense intended,Jang,but I think too many people buy into all that hate-the-WTA and kiss-the-swishy-ATP's-ass brainwashing

azdaja
May 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
i'm very pleased with this win :D

Yes.. but Venus could've won the points if she was just a bit more aggressive. Aravane also had some luck with balls on the line. She is playing great though... so all credits to her.
yeah, but how many let plays did she have in this match, lol?

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Congrats to Rezai for a great tournament :). She deserved to win this one.

Ehm, you guys, I'm new to this forum so I don't know much about the technical stuff, but I went to my User CP and under "latest reputations received" I had 3 messages. Weird ones I might add. What is this about?

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
:confused:WHY??Rezai EARNED this spot by crushing Henin...then whipping JJ and Venus......No offense intended,Jang,but I think too many people buy into all that hate-the-WTA and kiss-the-swishy-ATP's-ass brainwashing

I did not say Rezai didn't deserve to win this one. She did. And yes, I do think the WTA in its current state is a mess. Top seeds falling left and right at big events. And no offense taken :). You're entitled to your opinion, and I to mine.

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Rezai was really cute in her speech! She said she likes Venus very much.. :lol: Found that sweet!

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Congrats to Rezai for a great tournament :). She deserved to win this one.

Ehm, you guys, I'm new to this forum so I don't know much about the technical stuff, but I went to my User CP and under "latest reputations received" I had 3 messages. Weird ones I might add. What is this about?

I'm not very good at this.. :lol: But apparently you can give good or bad reputation to other users. Green is good, red is bad. And when you give a reputation you can write something.. which might be the messages you received. :shrug:

Jang87
May 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm not very good at this.. :lol: But apparently you can give good or bad reputation to other users. Green is good, red is bad. And when you give a reputation you can write something.. which might be the messages you received. :shrug:

Thank you for explaining :). I don't understand the messages really. Someone called me a troll:confused:. I don't troll around. People are mean :sobbing:

The Daviator
May 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Rezai :hearts: So happy with this result :D She played the kind of tennis Ana should be playing :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Rezai :hearts: So happy with this result :D She played the kind of tennis Ana should be playing :rolleyes:

True.. and Ana used to be this agressive and intense. :sobbing:

Now it's just that her shots have no power.. and well.. she seems to inhibit herself.. :shrug:

bruce goose
May 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I did not say Rezai didn't deserve to win this one. She did. And yes, I do think the WTA in its current state is a mess. Top seeds falling left and right at big events. And no offense taken :). You're entitled to your opinion, and I to mine.Yes,indeed,these are only opinions so i can't say that mine is any better than yours...but I disagree with you on the 'mess' part in re the top seeds.Those seeds didn't lose b/c of UEs or bad luck;they lost because someone...namely Rezai...played great tennis and kicked their asses.If only the top seeds won,then the WTA would be as boring as the ATP was(and always IS,IMO:p) when only Federer and Nadal were winning tourneys.....Where's the drama in THAT??;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid were all won by unseeded players.
Now I'm glad Ana ain't be seeded for RG :lol:

Adrian1092
May 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Thank you for explaining :). I don't understand the messages really. Someone called me a troll:confused:. I don't troll around. People are mean :sobbing:

I don't really get that either but when I looked just there, I had a message from a JJ fan calling me a troll too :confused: Funny sh*t :lol:
Great match from Rezai, I'm so happy for her :worship:

spiritedenergy
May 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Rezai won:eek:

I would love for a RG match Rezai-JJ with Rezai winning, that would make things even spicier :happy:
Then Rezai would go on to lose against Ana:angel:

But really what happened to her? Didn't see her playing but she beat Henin, JJ and Venus in the same tournament, WTF????

azdaja
May 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM
But really what happened to her? Didn't see her playing but she beat Henin, JJ and Venus in the same tournament, WTF????
i know, right :lol: i've always been fond of her, but never thought she could pull this off. the match against venus today was amazing :worship: she went into that 5:5 game with so much confidence. loved it.

we can all just hope ana would be like that again :sobbing:

Curtos07
May 16th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Rezai won:eek:

I would love for a RG match Rezai-JJ with Rezai winning, that would make things even spicier :happy:
Then Rezai would go on to lose against Ana:angel:

I rather see Ana take out JJ. :angel:

jelenacg
May 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Rafa :worship::worship:
18 MASTERS titles :speakles:
That match point was funny :spit::lol:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Rafa :worship::worship:
18 MASTERS titles :speakles:
That match point was funny :spit::lol:

I just saw the MP! WTF Federer? :lol:

EC1rEyhuBIk

Rafa :worship:

jelenacg
May 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM
That ball had a weird bounce tbh but it`s still funny :lol::lol:
Now the only question is can Rafa complete clay season undefeated

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
That ball had a weird bounce tbh but it`s still funny :lol::lol:
Now the only question is can Rafa complete clay season undefeated

He definitely has a great shot!

Mixo
May 16th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'd say WTF Nadal?! What was he thinking to celebrate the victory like that? xDDDD I knew he loves the clay but not so much to want to f*ck with it...

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I'd say WTF Nadal?! What was he thinking to celebrate the victory like that? xDDDD I knew he loves the clay but not so much to want to f*ck with it...

:spit:

jelenacg
May 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM
In other news Elena lost first set 5-7 to Pironkova
First time i see Pironkova play. Remember Rome :lol:

The 2nd Law
May 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
In other news Elena lost first set 5-7 to Pironkova
First time i see Pironkova play. Remember Rome :lol:

Elena :tape: She is starting to worry me now.

The 2nd Law
May 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Elena :help:

jelenacg
May 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Elena :help:

Pironkova clay goat :lol:
FH slice :tape:

The 2nd Law
May 19th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Pironkova clay goat :lol:
FH slice :tape:

I didn't get to watch (thank god), who's slice is bad? :lol:

jelenacg
May 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I didn't get to watch (thank god), who's slice is bad? :lol:

Pironkova was using FH slice a lot :lol:

The 2nd Law
May 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Pironkova was using FH slice a lot :lol:

Again, I am happy I missed this one :p

gaviotabr
May 22nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Safina dumped Krajan! :eek::eek::eek:

http://news.sport-express.ru/2010-05-22/363469/

jelenacg
May 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM

:eek::eek:
Before RG :tape::tape:
Who is that Gaston guy from Argentina ?

spiritedenergy
May 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM

oh my:eek::eek::eek:

he was so good for her, and her late results are coming from the injury more than anything. i see similarities with ana's downward spiral here:tape:

jelenacg
May 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM

he was so good for her, and her late results are coming from the injury more than anything. i see similarities with ana's downward spiral here:tape:

I hope she is not firing him bc of her latest results :o

We see similarities with Ana everywhere :lol:

gaviotabr
May 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
:eek::eek:
Before RG :tape::tape:
Who is that Gaston guy from Argentina ?

I have to say I'm almost shocked by this.. she seemed so dependent on Krajan. :eek:

It seems this Gaston guy is a former doubles specialist. :shrug:

Safina actually had a career threatening injury.. Ana never had anything like that, thank God!

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
So.. I woke up for Kuzzy x Sorana.. but I already feel like going back to sleep.. I think I won't finish this match.. :spit:

My ESPN decided to show Cilic instead, so I have to use a stream. Ana is the only female player ESPN Brazil never fails to cover. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Fairly straightfoward win for Kuzzy. I'm a bit surprised.. but she played solid.. definitely better than in her most recent matches.

I feel sorry for Sorana.. losing tons of points from last years's QF. But Kuzzy also needed this.

The 2nd Law
May 23rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Kuznetsova :lol: I hope she finds her form and just demolishes her quarter of the draw, Wozniacki included.

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Sveta won :) Boring match :yawn: I switched to Cilic`s match as well. :lol: Luckily i can watch croatians channels which are always showing their players play during RG/W so i don`t have to use live stream

Sorana :lol: I never seen someone trying so hard to hit BH DTL and fail so many times :lol:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Kuznetsova :lol: I hope she finds her form and just demolishes her quarter of the draw, Wozniacki included.

I also hope Sveta makes a run! Her quarter is ridiculous and she should take it.

Sveta won :) Boring match :yawn: I switched to Cilic`s match as well. :lol: Luckily i can watch croatians channels which are always showing their players play during RG/W so i don`t have to use live stream

Sorana :lol: I never seen someone trying so hard to hit BH DTL and fail so many times :lol:

Sorana... :help: She was so erractic!

The 2nd Law
May 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
I also hope Sveta makes a run! Her quarter is ridiculous and she should take it.

Sorana... :help: She was so erractic!

If Sveta makes it to the semis I will back her to win the whole thing, I just have this funny feeling about her. I feel that she is either going to lose in the next two rounds, or get the title/finalist - no in between. Kind of the same vibe I have for Ana :lol:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM

Me too :)
Sveta just has to start playing better eventually

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
If Sveta makes it to the semis I will back her to win the whole thing, I just have this funny feeling about her. I feel that she is either going to lose in the next two rounds, or get the title/finalist - no in between. Kind of the same vibe I have for Ana :lol:

mmm.. I don't think she will win it. I honestly believe the winner will come from the top half.

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Me too :)
Sveta just has to start playing better eventually

Yes.. I mean.. she is not Ana.. she doesn't go into 2 year slumps.. hers lasts less.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yes.. I mean.. she is not Ana.. she doesn't go into 2 year slumps.. hers lasts less.. :sobbing:

Exactly :lol:
I also think winner will come from the top half

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Azarenka is taking a real beatdown from Dulko. :help:

SOA_MC
May 23rd, 2010, 12:35 PM

Well I hope the same but with the names switched :p

Azarenka is taking a real beatdown from Dulko. :help:

Is Dulko the luckiest player on tour

Wimbledon - Sharapova 3rd tournament back
AO - Ana :o
IW - A bad Henin
RG - Injured Azarenka

Jang87
May 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Azarenka is still injured?

SOA_MC
May 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Azarenka is still injured?

Well she is almost getting doubled bagled by Dulko :p

Seriously I think she is, definitely not 100% that's for sure.

Edit: As I say that she wins her first game in the second set

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
What is wrong with Vika ? I know she is injured ,but what kind of injury
I don`t get her or her team,all i know that they are not very smart.:o Why didn`t she skipped a few tournaments and come back when she is healthy
This is really embarrising

Jang87
May 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
Dulko is so unpredictable. You never know how she will play. She can either cause a huge upset or get double bageled like she did at the US open. Azarenka is not a very smart player at all. She plays tournament after tournament with an injury. She expects it to go away by itself without proper rest?

SOA_MC
May 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
She had her thigh taped against Ana didn't she? and she is BFF's with Caro so maybe she is giving her playing advice :ras:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
What is wrong with Vika ? I know she is injured ,but what kind of injury
I don`t get her or her team,all i know that they are not very smart.:o Why didn`t she skipped a few tournaments and come back when she is healthy
This is really embarrising

Yes, that's what I was thinking.. what's up with all the tournaments she played being injured?

She just got one break back.. maybe Dulko can still choke this.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Yes, that's what I was thinking.. what's up with all the tournaments she played being injured?

She just got one break back.. maybe Dulko can still choke this.. :shrug:

Or not.. Dulko wins 6-1 6-2. Azarenka needs to get a grip of this situation as soon as posible. :help:

In other shocking news.. Clay GOAT Agkul Amanmuradova just won the first set over Rome winner MJMS! WTF?!! :eek:

Jang87
May 23rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Ouch, losing on the first day of RG cant be good for the confidence.

The 2nd Law
May 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Vika :( Stupid stupid clay schedule you had. The only positive is that she looked so hot in that dress!

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Dulko,GS GOAT :worship::lol:
Now i know why Vika and Caro are friends :lol:
I still don`t get her.:shrug: You can expect someone ranked #30-100 to have such bad decisions and bad schedul but not a top 10 player :rolleyes:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
MJMS :haha:
Why i`m not surprised :o

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
This is definitely the most shoking result so far..

Agkul Amanmuradova def. MJMS 6-2 6-4.

WTF?!!?!?!

Who is getting out of that part of the draw? MJMS and Azarenka out.

The 2nd Law
May 23rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Is Mariajo injured? This half is already looking to be worse than the US Open last year :lol:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM

WTF?!!?!?!

I`m not that surprised :lol:
I knew this would happened,there is no way she could have repeat Rome :o I didn`t expect her to lose in first round but i also didn`t expect her to have a good run here :lol:
Besides after Rome i highly doubt she was even able to practice properly,her head is probably still in the clouds ,or was until this match :lol:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
I`m not that surprised :lol:
I knew this would happened,there is no way she could have repeat Rome :o I didn`t expect her to lose in first round but i also didn`t expect her to have a good run here :lol:
Besides after Rome i highly doubt she was even able to practice properly,her head is probably still in the clouds ,or was until this match :lol:

Yes.. I also expected some sort of let down.. But Jelena.. Agkul Amanmuradova does not move on clay.. at all. I've seen her play a few times, and she doesn't move.

I just read that MJMS had a shoulder injury and couldn't serve. :shrug:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Yes.. I also expected some sort of let down.. But Jelena.. Agkul Amanmuradova does not move on clay.. at all. I've seen her play a few times, and she doesn't move.

I just read that MJMS had a shoulder injury and couldn't serve. :shrug:

:rolls:

I think Ana played against her in Berlin a few years ago,and she was frustrated with her serve :lol:
First set was a close one i think :rolleyes:

Is Mariajo injured? This half is already looking to be worse than the US Open last year :lol:

This better not be another USO :tape:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM

Yes.. anyone can come out of it.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
:rolls:

I think Ana played against her in Berlin a few years ago,and she was frustrated with her serve :lol:
First set was a close one i think :rolleyes:

Yes.. she played her in Berlin 2008. I think the match was 7-6 6-2. But Ana was hitting everything long. :lol:

This better not be another USO :tape:

I fear it can be worse.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yes.. she played her in Berlin 2008. I think the match was 7-6 6-2. But Ana was hitting everything long. :lol:

Yes that`s the match :lol:

I fear it can be worse.. :sobbing:

:tape:

Gulbis lost first set

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Gulbis retires.

This RG already has some crazy in it..

spiritedenergy
May 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
MJMS won 6 games, Azarenka won 3 games, WTF???

The bottom half is a joke!:o:sad:

Curtos07
May 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM

WTF?!!?!?!

Why couldn't of Ana gotten in this quarter? Sigh :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
From GM: `Azarenka will be fined bc she skipped interview after first round defeat `
Vika :lol: So childish :lol:

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
I have to say Petkovic is growing on me each day.. girl rocks! :lol:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-23/201005231274642154264.html

Jang87
May 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
What the hell is Serena doing. Why is she struggling against Voegele?

gaviotabr
May 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
What the hell is Serena doing. Why is she struggling against Voegele?

Voegele is playing really well.. some credit to the girl. She is not intimidated.

Serena is making a bit too many UEs.

The 2nd Law
May 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I have to say Petkovic is growing on me each day.. girl rocks! :lol:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-23/201005231274642154264.html

Yeah same. I'm considering nominating Andrea as my tier 2 fave :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Voegele has a good serve and when it's on, it won't be easy to break.
She's playing well now and had a real good chance to break.
I hope she can keep it up. If she loses the first set, then I don't hope she will fall apart.

I like this girl!

gaviotabr
May 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I'm watching Bellucci x Llodrá now. I wanted to watch the end of Murray x Gasquet.. but wow.. Bullucci is playing amazing! :worship:

jelenacg
May 24th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I`m watching Murray and Gasquet
Richard what a wasted talent :rolleyes:
They played exactly the same match in Wimbledon :o

gaviotabr
May 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I`m watching Murray and Gasquet
Richard what a wasted talent :rolleyes:
They played exactly the same match in Wimbledon :o

Gasquet ran out of gas..

jelenacg
May 24th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Gasquet ran out of gas..

But first he choked in third set :rolleyes:
Bellucci won :)

gaviotabr
May 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
But first he choked in third set :rolleyes:
Bellucci won :)

Bellucci was awsome.. really.. I watched the final set, and I don't think he had any UE whatsoever. And so many great lobs.

HowardH
May 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Gasquet ran out of gas..

He always does. I told my mum during the second set- even if he gets a two sets to love lead, he will certainly run out of gas and lose in five (unless he somehow could win in straight sets, which I told her was unlikely since he already seemed tired in the second). Normal pattern for him, even though Murray also has endurance issues, he has improved it a bit and is not quite as bad as Richard. I have never seen a long match in which Richard has not run out of energy. He just cannot cope with long matches, and has never had a long enough injury free period to recondition himself properly.

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Jutine :yawn: Like she never left :lol:
Just kidding she is playing good for a first match ,she will only improve with matches and cut down errors

The 2nd Law
May 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Jutine :yawn: Like she never left :lol:
Just kidding she is playing good for a first match ,she will only improve with matches and cut down errors

I really don't like her. I hope Maria beats her, delusional I know. On the other hand though, I do want to see her (Henin) go far at Wimbledon, to make things interesting. If she is good enough to win then well done to her. I may not like her as a player or person but it's always nice to see a sports person achieve something great.

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I really don't like her. I hope Maria beats her, delusional I know. On the other hand though, I do want to see her (Henin) go far at Wimbledon, to make things interesting. If she is good enough to win then well done to her. I may not like her as a player or person but it's always nice to see a sports person achieve something great.

I would also like Justine to go far at Wimbledon ,but i don`t see her winning it :shrug: She didn`t win it when she played much better than now ,but this is WTA we are talking about so who knows :lol:
Safina lost second set :tape:

Jang87
May 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Omg, Dinara just lost to Date Krumm in 3 sets. Poor thing.

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Omg, Dinara just lost to Date Krumm in 3 sets. Poor thing.

Horrible :sad: :help:
She should have skipped RG
She was 4-1 up in third set

Jang87
May 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Horrible :sad: :help:
She should have skipped RG
She was 4-1 up in third set

Yeah, she played awful. Kimiko made tons of UE and was injured, yet she still won. This is going to kill Dinara. She is out of the top 20 now, and god knows what her ranking will be after Wimbledon.

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah, she played awful. Kimiko made tons of UE and was injured, yet she still won. This is going to kill Dinara. She is out of the top 20 now, and god knows what her ranking will be after Wimbledon.

I didn`t know that :tape:
I saw Kimko was injured .I really thought Safina would win after i saw she is 4-1 up :tape:

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM
WTF? Dinara!

I checked the results between classes today and Dinara was up 6-3 4-2. Then I though.. "good, she has this!"

I was probably unconciouly exercising my jinxing powers.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Safina has been trying to emulate Ana in all aspects.. even in the slump.. since the beginning.. the difference was that Ana actually managed to win RG in her second final.

bruce goose
May 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm gonna say again that neither Ana nor Dinara were EVER that mentally strong even when they were winning clutch 3-set matches;you're either clutch or you aren't...you don't vacillate back and forth.That's why you rarely see proven champions demonstrate what would be called a choke.You either have those inner qualities that help you handle adversity...or you don't.It IS possible for a weak person to become strong...but that usually requires a longer-term effort to overcome at least one big obstacle...something that develops character.

What DOES happen sometimes with weaker personalities,like Ana and Dinara,is that they find strategies--mental tricks,if you will--that aid them during matches...that allow them to focus on what's at hand instead of panicking and choking.However,as we've seen,these tricks don't always work...for various reasons...or,in some cases,players stop believing in their formerly-successful methods...or they choose to experiment with something that winds up being ineffective.

Dinara is such a basket case sometimes....I fear she might be finished as a player if she doesn't get the right direction in her camp.Yet,if her career starts going completely in the toilet...at THAT point Marat might step in and offer some guidance

spiritedenergy
May 25th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Safina has been trying to emulate Ana in all aspects.. even in the slump.. since the beginning.. the difference was that Ana actually managed to win RG in her second final.

yeah, but Safina is going down even faster:tape: Ana at least managed to reach the 4th round while defending champion. But Safina had a serious injury...

spiritedenergy
May 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
safina and ana now also have a similar game: countless double faults, 10 feet behind the baseline, pushing all the way:tape::tape::tape:

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Thank God for that :lol:

safina and ana now also have a similar game: countless double faults, 10 feet behind the baseline, pushing all the way:tape::tape::tape:

Yeah:o
The only difference is that Dinara actually knows how to push.I`ve seen her win many matches like that while Ana is horribe in it :tape: You can see by her results :o
I think Kimiko is in Dinara`s head a little bit.She defeated her twice in a row on grass and maybe that also helped today.Not that it takes much for Dinara to break down anyway

I think playing RG was a stupid decision ,just like Ana and USO(they are so similar :tape: ) She must have known that she won`t be able to have a good run here bc of her results on clay this year so why hurt yourself even more :rolleyes:

SOA_MC
May 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm more and more convinced Justine did curse Roland Garros when you see Ana and Dinara's form and then throw in Sveta clay court season :scared:

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm more and more convinced Justine did curse Roland Garros when you see Ana and Dinara's form and then throw in Sveta clay court season :scared:

:lol:
They just don`t know how to deal with pressure :o

bruce goose
May 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah:o
The only difference is that Dinara actually knows how to push.I`ve seen her win many matches like that while Ana is horribe in it :tape: You can see by her results :o
I think Kimiko is in Dinara`s head a little bit.She defeated her twice in a row on grass and maybe that also helped today.Not that it takes much for Dinara to break down anyway

I think playing RG was a stupid decision ,just like Ana and USO(they are so similar :tape: ) She must have known that she won`t be able to have a good run here bc of her results on clay this year so why hurt yourself even more :rolleyes:Jelena,I think you've got Date confused with Tanasugarn who beat Dinara 2 straight times on grass;prior to today,Kimiko and Dinara had never played before

As for what's in Dinara's head,I can answer that question:ELVES!!!.....Elves who are piss drunk and doing haphazard construction on Dinara's gray matter....My biggest concern is the contrast between Ana and Dinarik;Ana actually WON a Slam title.Despite her extreme low points(and I'm referring to tennis...not the hell-cursed Rolex event where she contracted her Anal Tumor),there was always at least a small place in Ana's mind where she knew that she had the ability.Can't recall a single Slam winner who has completely imploded and faded into obscurity...and Ana isn't likely to be the first,IMO.On the contrary,Dinara has NEVER overcome that final hurdle;Kuzy may have won regardless,but the look on Dinara's face as she took the court at RG 2009 was very disturbing...one of utter cowardice and fear....Because she's associated with failure,Dinara might not be able to rise above her current mental state--especially without help--if she keeps flashing back to her setbacks.Unless this new coach can lift her spirits...she might be finished!!:o:help:

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Jelena,I think you've got Date confused with Tanasugarn who beat Dinara 2 straight times on grass;prior to today,Kimiko and Dinara had never played before

As for what's in Dinara's head,I can answer that question:ELVES!!!.....Elves who are piss drunk and doing haphazard construction on Dinara's gray matter....My biggest concern is the contrast between Ana and Dinarik;Ana actually WON a Slam title.Despite her extreme low points(and I'm referring to tennis...not the hell-cursed Rolex event where she contracted her Anal Tumor),there was always at least a small place in Ana's mind where she knew that she had the ability.Can't recall a single Slam winner who has completely imploded and faded into obscurity...and Ana isn't likely to be the first,IMO.On the contrary,Dinara has NEVER overcome that final hurdle;Kuzy may have won regardless,but the look on Dinara's face as she took the court at RG 2009 was very disturbing...one of utter cowardice and fear....Because she's associated with failure,Dinara might not be able to rise above her current mental state--especially without help--if she keeps flashing back to her setbacks.Unless this new coach can lift her spirits...she might be finished!!:o:help:

Yeah i did :lol: Well they are both `old` so i got confused :lol:

Dinara is not finished :o She is a fighter and she will be back .She had a career threatening injury and it`s not easy to recover after that...
Dinara needs time and a good coach

bruce goose
May 25th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah i did :lol: Well they are both `old` so i got confused :lol:

Dinara is not finished :o She is a fighter and she will be back .She had a career threatening injury and it`s not easy to recover after that...
Dinara needs time and a good coachObviously,I hope you're right;when she plays to her potential,Dinara is good enough that she doesn't need to be a pusher....I've seen her hit away and knock people off the court when she played with confidence.

Speaking of pushers,I think it's stupid of everyone to wish for Caro's disappearance;here's a MUCH better idea:Hope that Caro will learn to diversify her game so that she can attack and volley more.Seriously,wouldn't it better for the sport to have a highly-intelligent,mature young lady...who's gorgeous,too...who appears to have decent morals on top of everything else??Her 'awful crime'?She plays boring,passive tennis:rolleyes:.....Oh boy!!Call out the firing squad:rolleyes:.Honestly,if she could adopt a few more aspects to her game,she'd be a SUPER asset to the WTA

jelenacg
May 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Obviously,I hope you're right;when she plays to her potential,Dinara is good enough that she doesn't need to be a pusher....I've seen her hit away and knock people off the court when she played with confidence.

Speaking of pushers,I think it's stupid of everyone to wish for Caro's disappearance;here's a MUCH better idea:Hope that Caro will learn to diversify her game so that she can attack and volley more.Seriously,wouldn't it better for the sport to have a highly-intelligent,mature young lady...who's gorgeous,too...who appears to have decent morals on top of everything else??Her 'awful crime'?She plays boring,passive tennis:rolleyes:.....Oh boy!!Call out the firing squad:rolleyes:.Honestly,if she could adopt a few more aspects to her game,she'd be a SUPER asset to the WTA

As we said before why change something that is working :shrug: Her game is boring but is also affective,she reached #2 after all :shrug: Caro is awful at the net so more volleying is definitely not her thing
This is tennis forum after all and Caro reached #2 without winning anything worth mentioning so ofc she will get a lot of criticism .And all this time WTA is/was a crazy house even Rezai/MJMS won bigger titles than Caro did

If you can be criticized after winning something big calling it a fluke,luck... it`s pretty normal to me to get criticized for not winning it at all :shrug:
But GM hate is :help:

bruce goose
May 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM
As we said before why change something that is working :shrug: Her game is boring but is also affective,she reached #2 after all :shrug: Caro is awful at the net so more volleying is definitely not her thing
This is tennis forum after all and Caro reached #2 without winning anything worth mentioning so ofc she will get a lot of criticism .And all this time WTA is/was a crazy house even Rezai/MJMS won bigger titles than Caro did

If you can be criticized after winning something big calling it a fluke,luck... it`s pretty normal to me to get criticized for not winning it at all :shrug:
But GM hate is :help:You're missing the larger picture here:Caro can't win a Slam while being a pusher...which means she hit her ceiling by merely reaching a final.I think she'll reach a point where she won't be satisfied with that...and will want more from herself.She has the athleticism to be a good volleyer...is only a teenager still...and she wouldn't have to fundamentally change her style of play by adding power and some more shots to her repertoire.Can't remember if it was you,Izzy or both of you who criticized Murray for his chickenshit pusher style of play vs. Fed in the USO final...saying that pushers don't win Slams...only reach finals,at BEST....If Caro is content with that,then she should do as you suggest and do NOTHING to try and improve;however,I suspect that she has stronger motivation than that

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Dinara is not finished. :o

As Jelena said, the girl just had a career threatening injury, has barely played this year.. and on top of that, just broke up with a coach she was highly dependent on. She needs time... I actually expected her to loose early here.

Besides that, Dinara lives and breathes tennis.. she is a proven hard worker.. and she has the desire.. I'm sure she will be back. It just might take a while.. she needs time to settle in.. she has a Safin head, so she needs to regain control of her emotions, besides all the issues players who go into long injury lay offs have.

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2010, 11:52 PM
You're missing the larger picture here:Caro can't win a Slam while being a pusher...which means she hit her ceiling by merely reaching a final.I think she'll reach a point where she won't be satisfied with that...and will want more from herself.She has the athleticism to be a good volleyer...is only a teenager still...and she wouldn't have to fundamentally change her style of play by adding power and some more shots to her repertoire.Can't remember if it was you,Izzy or both of you who criticized Murray for his chickenshit pusher style of play vs. Fed in the USO final...saying that pushers don't win Slams...only reach finals,at BEST....If Caro is content with that,then she should do as you suggest and do NOTHING to try and improve;however,I suspect that she has stronger motivation than that

Bruce.. Caro doesn't have the hands to be a good volleyer... She sometimes uses both hands to do a normal backhand volley.. just like she does to slice.. She doesn't have the hands.

In any case, she should get a more aggressive mindset.. she has the power, especially from the backhand wing.. she just chooses not to use it. I think she should get some tips from JJ, who managed to beef up her game and be more than just a counter-pusher.

But Caro herself has stated in countless interviews that she doesn't want to change her game. And maybe that's just right.. look at what an attempt to change game did to Ana... loss of confidence and complete confusion on court.

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 12:00 AM
You're missing the larger picture here:Caro can't win a Slam while being a pusher...which means she hit her ceiling by merely reaching a final.I think she'll reach a point where she won't be satisfied with that...and will want more from herself.She has the athleticism to be a good volleyer...is only a teenager still...and she wouldn't have to fundamentally change her style of play by adding power and some more shots to her repertoire.Can't remember if it was you,Izzy or both of you who criticized Murray for his chickenshit pusher style of play vs. Fed in the USO final...saying that pushers don't win Slams...only reach finals,at BEST....If Caro is content with that,then she should do as you suggest and do NOTHING to try and improve;however,I suspect that she has stronger motivation than that

Well i don`t think she can change that much :scratch: Caro is not that young as you say, she will be 20 next month .
She can be athletic all she wants but she doesn`t have good touch at the net :lol:
I don`t think the problem is in wanting her to do something and change her game...the problem is that in crucial games/points she will do what she knows the best and that`s play pusher tennis
Tbh i don`t see her reaching another GS final in near future

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Well i don`t think she can change that much :scratch: Caro is not that young as you say, she will be 20 next month .
She can be athletic all she wants but she doesn`t have good touch at the net :lol:
I don`t think the problem is in wanting her to do something and change her game...the problem is that in crucial games/points she will do what she knows the best and that`s play pusher tennis
Tbh i don`t see her reaching another GS final in near futureNow I think that Rafa's stupidity might be contagious to his fans....She's almost 20 years old??:haha:....Does that mean she'll be in a retirement home next month??

Here's a history lesson for you:When Navrat started out,she wasn't an awesome volleyer as she became when she was the dominant Wimby queen...she ADDED that to her game...and she was MUCH older than Caro is when she turned her career around.You make it seem like there are only two choices in tennis:
1.Do absolutely NOTHING for fear of destroying a player's identity.
2.Try to change and ruin someone's career

There ARE in-between shades,Jelena.Sven was an idiot b/c Ana isn't the kind of poised woman who can make lots of big changes in a short time;he should've been able to see that.Yet it doesn't HAVE to be like that...as the Navrat example proves,along with countless others...such as ASV learning to play on grass...which she once scoffed at.One can gradually work on certain skills and add them little by little as they improve...and let's be honest that Caro is a LOT more mature than Ana is emotionally...if they were together in a room and you didn't know their ages,you'd think that ANA was the one almost 3 years younger.IF she has the desire to win Slams,then Caro could add the elements she needed to do that

EDIT:Even if you had a lobotomy,you'd STILL be much more intelligent than Nadal(Big Hug)

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Bruce.. Caro doesn't have the hands to be a good volleyer... She sometimes uses both hands to do a normal backhand volley.. just like she does to slice.. She doesn't have the hands.

In any case, she should get a more aggressive mindset.. she has the power, especially from the backhand wing.. she just chooses not to use it. I think she should get some tips from JJ, who managed to beef up her game and be more than just a counter-pusher.

But Caro herself has stated in countless interviews that she doesn't want to change her game. And maybe that's just right.. look at what an attempt to change game did to Ana... loss of confidence and complete confusion on court.You're contradiciting yourself a bit;on the one hand,you're acknowledging some potential positive steps...and then,in the next breath,you're implying that NO ONE can change their game even slightly w/o destroying their self-confidence....Caro is NOT Ana;she comes from a strong family background with good values so,if she makes a fool of herself,you are free to laugh at and mock me:angel:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Now I think that Rafa's stupidity might be contagious to his fans....She's almost 20 years old??:haha:....Does that mean she'll be in a retirement home next month??

First of all thank you
What i meant is that she is already a formed player.So she knows what are her weaknesses/strength .Everything she does from here is an upgrade ,she can`t change completely .People call her a `pusher` but that ofc doesn`t mean she never attacks or volleys ...

Here's a history lesson for you:When Navrat started out,she wasn't an awesome volleyer as she became when she was the dominant Wimby queen...she ADDED that to her game...and she was MUCH older than Caro is when she turned her career around.You make it seem like there are only two choices in tennis:
1.Do absolutely NOTHING for fear of destroying a player's identity.
2.Try to change and ruin someone's career

There ARE in-between shades,Jelena.Sven was an idiot b/c Ana isn't the kind of poised woman who can make lots of big changes in a short time;he should've been able to see that.Yet it doesn't HAVE to be like that...as the Navrat example proves,along with countless others...such as ASV learning to play on grass...which she once scoffed at.One can gradually work on certain skills and add them little by little as they improve...and let's be honest that Caro is a LOT more mature than Ana is emotionally...if they were together in a room and you didn't know their ages,you'd think that ANA was the one almost 3 years younger.IF she has the desire to win Slams,then Caro could add the elements she needed to do that

EDIT:Even if you had a lobotomy,you'd STILL be much more intelligent than Nadal(Big Hug)

So now we are comparing Navratilova and Caro :lol:
Caro can improve her volleys and every single part of her game to a certain degree.She will never have a great serve,she will never have a great FH,and she will never be good at the net
That`s just how things are :shrug:

I`m not sure maybe i`m wrong but you think of Caro as a next big thing in tennis .I don`t and until she proves me wrong i`m not changing my opinion

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 12:42 AM
You're contradiciting yourself a bit;on the one hand,you're acknowledging some potential positive steps...and then,in the next breath,you're implying that NO ONE can change their game even slightly w/o destroying their self-confidence....Caro is NOT Ana;she comes from a strong family background with good values so,if she makes a fool of herself,you are free to laugh at and mock me:angel:

No.. you are not understanding what I meant.. I probably didn't explain myself well. What I mean is that Caro can take a page out of JJ's book, and beef up her counter puncher game. Not try to become something she isn't, because that doesn't work IMHO. So.. she can improve without changing.

Caro has stated herself that many people tell her to change her game, but she doesn't want to, that's her game and it has brought her success. What happened to Ana was that they tried to make her play a game that is not natural to her, and that can kill anyone's game. I do agree though that Ana doesn't have a strong mind.. and most of all, she is a very insecure player. She doesn't think she is that good, and has too much respect towards her opponents, too much for her own good. Try to change her game while not being with her full time, plus her insecurities and mentallity.. all brought the disaster that have been the past couple of years. One can improve and grow without necessarily changing completely. As Ana said in her presser, a player has to have a comfort zone to fall on, in which you feel 100% safe and confident. If you try to completely change you game, you lose that. It didn't only happen with Ana.. look at JJ.. she tried to get stronger so she could play like a ball basher and then lost her game, and couldn't do anything well on court. Luckly for her, she identified the problem, and could correct her training.. go back to her game, then improve it. It took her time, but she did it.. it helps in those matters that she truly sees herself as the last bottle of water in the desert.

I give you that Caro is strong mentally and resilient... and that's great to see in such choker times. But I don't think she wants or should try to change her game. She should try to improve the one she has. But that's just my opinion.

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Meh Izzy completely agrees with me ,we are basically saying the same things :lol:

Bruce you are just being stubborn as always :p

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM
First of all thank you
What i meant is that she is already a formed player.So she knows what are her weaknesses/strength .Everything she does from here is an upgrade ,she can`t change completely .People call her a `pusher` but that ofc doesn`t mean she never attacks or volleys ...

So now we are comparing Navratilova and Caro :lol:
Caro can improve her volleys and every single part of her game to a certain degree.She will never have a great serve,she will never have a great FH,and she will never be a good at the net
That`s just how things are :shrug:

I`m not sure maybe i`m wrong but you think of Caro as a next big thing in tennis .I don`t and until she proves me wrong i`m not changing my opinionMaybe you're right and she DOESN'T have the talent...but it wouldn't hurt her to try....she's already made a Slam final...and won't go ANY further unless she makes some improvements.If she's not willing to make the effort then...you know what??...then she deserves to be mocked for being a pusher.If she tries but just can't adjust then...at least she went all-out

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Meh Izzy completely agrees with me ,we are basically saying the same things :lol:

Bruce you are just being stubborn as always :pYep,unlike YOU......You are NEVER stubborn........................:haha::haha::haha:

"Thank you,Bruce"(Jelena's mom,in the background)

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 01:15 AM

Bruce you are just being stubborn as always :p

We always agree.. :lol::hug:

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 02:10 AM
We always agree.. :lol::hug:Well,for what it's worth.....I'm just glad to have you around again:).No offense to the other posters---it just wasn't quite the same without you:smooch:.......MAYOR Izzy:p

Something you and Jelena have in common:You are both IDEAL candidates for the debate-stopping version of the Latino Muzzle Kiss:devil:

....Just had a revelation....You seem more confident about Dinara coming back than you do about Ana;)...maybe I'm just misreading your posts,but I'd think it would be the opposite since Ana has shown what it takes to actually break through all the way....I hope you're right in re Dinara bouncing back....otherwise I'll never forget that look of utter terror she had prior to the 2009 RG final(sigh)

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Well,for what it's worth.....I'm just glad to have you around again:).No offense to the other posters---it just wasn't quite the same without you:smooch:.......MAYOR Izzy:p

Something you and Jelena have in common:You are both IDEAL candidates for the debate-stopping version of the Latino Muzzle Kiss:devil:

....Just had a revelation....You seem more confident about Dinara coming back than you do about Ana;)...maybe I'm just misreading your posts,but I'd think it would be the opposite since Ana has shown what it takes to actually break through all the way....I hope you're right in re Dinara bouncing back....otherwise I'll never forget that look of utter terror she had prior to the 2009 RG final(sigh)

My problem with Ana is that she spent at the very least 6 months completely neglecting her tennis.. not working.. not trying.. barely playing.. without any reasonable reason whatsoever.. She did it because she didn't feel like playing tennis.. she chose to spend hours and hours walking a golf course. Ana had her head and commitment anywhere but on a tennis court. She was unprofessional and had the most ridiculous attitude. She wanted things to fall from the sky, to happen for her without putting in the real effort, dedicating herself to the sport.. Are things changing now? Maybe.. maybe not.. her head is still screwed up and it will take a lot of effort and dedication to get that back. Is she willing to make the commitment? I'm not sure.. I don't trust that since she went into a !@#!@# grand slam last year thinking about taking holidays with the boyfriend. So I'm not sure about Ana.

Safina, on the other hand, lives for tennis. She has the commitment, the desire, the dedication. And that's one of the most important things. The tennis Gods reward hard work. She just had a career threatening injury.. something very serious.. and maybe she even came back before she should have. So I'll give her time.. maybe if in 2 years time she is still slumping (like Ana's slump, which will have it's 2 year aniversary soon), then I'll might reconsider my opinion. For now, I'm pretty sure she will be back. That does not mean I think she will win slams and be number 1. But be back at the top 15-10.

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 03:18 AM
My problem with Ana is that she spent at the very least 6 months completely neglecting her tennis.. not working.. not trying.. barely playing.. without any reasonable reason whatsoever.. She did it because she didn't feel like playing tennis.. she chose to spend hours and hours walking a golf course. Ana had her head and commitment anywhere but on a tennis court. She was unprofessional and had the most ridiculous attitude. She wanted things to fall from the sky, to happen for her without putting in the real effort, dedicating herself to the sport.. Are things changing now? Maybe.. maybe not.. her head is still screwed up and it will take a lot of effort and dedication to get that back. Is she willing to make the commitment? I'm not sure.. I don't trust that since she went into a !@#!@# grand slam last year thinking about taking holidays with the boyfriend. So I'm not sure about Ana.

Safina, on the other hand, lives for tennis. She has the commitment, the desire, the dedication. And that's one of the most important things. The tennis Gods reward hard work. She just had a career threatening injury.. something very serious.. and maybe she even came back before she should have. So I'll give her time.. maybe if in 2 years time she is still slumping (like Ana's slump, which will have it's 2 year aniversary soon), then I'll might reconsider my opinion. For now, I'm pretty sure she will be back. That does not mean I think she will win slams and be number 1. But be back at the top 15-10.Hope you enjoyed the kiss on the cheek,btw:p

My primary reason for desiring better things for Caro is that I think she'd be an EXCELLENT face for the WTA...and I don't mean that just b/c she's beautiful...there are PLENTY of lovely faces in the sport.I say that because she's charming,intelligent and VERY unlikely to embarrass the sport with off-court behavior,IMO....I like and respect her as a person............but her style of play is often:tape:....It seems virtually impossible to win a match with only ONE winner...yet she managed that somehow last year.Maybe Jelena is right and she's simply not that talented...not slam-winning material.If that's the case,then she doesn't deserve to be promoted above her level any more than Kournikova did.However,if she DOES possess that talent,then I'd like to see her bring it out and reach the greater accomplishments.She could be a super role model for girls as a champion...as opposed to being a play-it-safe,mediocre pusher....I'll say a lot depends on how far she's willing to go

Ana's 'vacation' is even more appalling when you consider the sewer-level quality of whom she spent it with(sigh...).At least throw your career away for someone special that you couldn't meet in the average brothel

The 2nd Law
May 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Dinara :( I know she will be back. I want her to win a slam so badly, my heart just melts everytime I see her upset on the court or struggling. I feel like her Dad or something :lol:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Boring day at RG :yawn:
Boring matches plus the rain :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Boring day at RG :yawn:
Boring matches plus the rain :rolleyes:

These rain delays are going to wreck havoc with tomorrow's schedule. I can already see them putting Ana on Court 17 or something... :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
These rain delays are going to wreck havoc with tomorrow's schedule. I can already see them putting Ana on Court 17 or something... :sobbing:

Probably :rolleyes:
Andrea won first set againt Sveta.I`m not going to cheer against her i even wished her good luck last night on twitter :lol: but if she wins she better be ready to go all the way,bc that part of the draw is already so weak
Even Ana would have a great chance there

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Probably :rolleyes:
Andrea won first set againt Sveta.I`m not going to cheer against her i even wished her good luck last night on twitter :lol: but if she wins she better be ready to go all the way,bc that part of the draw is already so weak
Even Ana would have a great chance there

Yes.. I really like Andrea.. and I wish her to do well.. but I have to say I would rather Kuzzy could defend some more of her points. This part of the draw is SO week, it's not even funny.. anyone has a shot, even Ana could have one.. :sobbing: I wish she had landed somewhere there. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Yes.. I really like Andrea.. and I wish her to do well.. but I have to say I would rather Kuzzy could defend some more of her points. This part of the draw is SO week, it's not even funny.. anyone has a shot, even Ana could have one.. :sobbing: I wish she had landed somewhere there. :sobbing:

We`ll see how they play after the rain ,maybe rain helps Sveta a little bit ;)
Amanmuradova won another match on clay :lol:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 03:34 PM
We`ll see how they play after the rain ,maybe rain helps Sveta a little bit ;)
Amanmuradova won another match on clay :lol:

Got SO lucky!

I can't believe Amanmuradova made RG third round and Ana might not.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Got SO lucky!

I can't believe Amanmuradova made RG third round and Ana might not.. :sobbing:

:lol:
Crazy RG :spit:

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Dinara :( I know she will be back. I want her to win a slam so badly, my heart just melts everytime I see her upset on the court or struggling. I feel like her Dad or something :lol:One thing that folks haven't discussed is that Dinara has been a choker and underachiever for most of her career.I always had sympathy for her b/c of her successful older brother...wanted to see her do well....and then became more of a fan when I saw her finally begin to put her basket-case status behind her in 2008....I didn't care whether or not she won a Slam or became #1 at that time;I was just glad that she was fulfilling her potential...and my wish is the same now.However,we have to realize that 2008/early 2009 was an aberration in Dinarik's career.The great majority of the time,she's been a choker...or a pusher who's too scared to go for her shots...or a little bit of both.That's why we can't assume that she'll regain that previous level that she has rarely achieved...and even more rarely maintained over long periods.

If she's no better than a fringe Top 15 player,talent-wise,then I can accept that...but the pathetic choking away of matches,or the gutless style of play,will be hard to take if she returns to that full-time again:o:help:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Kuzzy is probably already thinking about her flight back to Moscow..

Petkovic a break up in the second.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Andrea is playing SO well though, just hitting winner after winner...

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Andrea is playing SO well though, just hitting winner after winner...

Andrea is playing really well :worship: She is beating Sveta with Ana`s weapons big serve and FH :sad:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Andrea is playing really well :worship: She is beating Sveta with Ana`s weapons big serve and FH :sad:

Yeah.. remember when Ana played like this? :sobbing:

Good old days...

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah.. remember when Ana played like this? :sobbing:

Good old days...

Yeah ,long time ago :sad:
Choking :o:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ammm.. Choke? 4 MPs wasted...

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Petkovic's grunt is so funny.. :lol:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Wow Andrea really choked it big time :o
4 MPs
Sveta should have mental advantage now

Adrian1092
May 26th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Andrea :sad: Keep fighting.... :sad:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Dulko has to be the funniest player around.. every time she wins big she flames big in the next match as well. :lol::spit:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Now it's Kuzzy doing the choking.. :spit:

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Dulko has to be the funniest player around.. every time she wins big she flames big in the next match as well. :lol::spit:I'll ask the question that you were too polite to bring up:Which guy...or is it guyS(plural)did she sleep with last night??....Probably one of the ATPers who wasn't scheduled to play today;he wasn't gonna blow HIS RG chances:lol:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM
And Sveta wins!

I feel so bad for Andrea.. she will have nightmares with this match. But kudos to Kuzzy, she fought hard and I hope she takes this bracket of the draw.

Jang87
May 26th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I'm becoming an Andrea fan, so I'm a bit sad she lost. But congrats to Kuzzi for battling through :)

azdaja
May 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
i have to say that i'm feeling really good about rezai right now, i hope i am not the only one in this forum :o

never thought that i would believe in her more than in ana, but yeah, things are that bad...

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
And Sveta wins!

I feel so bad for Andrea.. she will have nightmares with this match. But kudos to Kuzzy, she fought hard and I hope she takes this bracket of the draw.Why in the hell would you feel sorry for Petkovic:confused:You said that you hated chokers...and failure is a natural consequence in life when someone lacks courage and inner fortitude.Petkovic CLAIMS that she wants to be a political leader someday...if anyone's stupid enough to vote for her,then let's pray that she doesn't choke again when she has a multitude of citizens who are affected by her decisions

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Lucie.. :sad:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Why in the hell would you feel sorry for Petkovic:confused:You said that you hated chokers...and failure is a natural consequence in life when someone lacks courage and inner fortitude.Petkovic CLAIMS that she wants to be a political leader someday...if anyone's stupid enough to vote for her,then let's pray that she doesn't choke again when she has a multitude of citizens who are affected by her decisions

You are so harsh Bruce.. I feel for her because she is probably devastated right now.. or pissed off with herself.

Ana is a choker.. and I love her.. :shrug: What can I do? :sobbing:

bruce goose
May 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
You are so harsh Bruce.. I feel for her because she is probably devastated right now.. or pissed off with herself.

Ana is a choker.. and I love her.. :shrug: What can I do? :sobbing:Yeah,aye AM harsh sometimes...just a little sick and tired of these wannabe messiahs who are gonna save the world...and yet they can't even save themSELVES:rolleyes:

Think of it this way,though:My presence makes sweet gems like you THAT much more precious by comparison:hug:....I especially love how you put aside your distaste for chokers b/c of your loyalty to Ana:)

Cp6uja
May 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM
When Ana playing bad... its so often club level, which against decent opponent (Kleybanova is good, but nothing special at clay) means potential disaster. She start well, lead 2-0... but than lose 6-1 6-0.

If she give her best, but playing like pusher, she will be still mediocre player. But if she not playing well, and also use pusher strategy - that produce disaster effect just like we see it today.

Good luck at grass Ana:kiss:... now will be much easy to me to follow her 2010 results because after RG I don't have any big expectations, so every good result will be :yeah: and every disappointment (except injury report) will not worry me too much, because I already thinking about her 2011 season. She also should not care too much about results, just to try to stay fit and healthy, and to try to back her old on-court aggression, forehand and serve from past.

Polikarpov
May 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Oh it's raining! Why didn't it come sooner?

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Oh it's raining! Why didn't it come sooner?

I was asking myself just that.. :sobbing: Couldn't it have come 20 minutes sooner? Maybe Heinz would have banged Ana in the head, and she could have at least avoided the embarrassement of a bagel.

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Radwanska lost.. Zvonareva lost.. This part of the draw is a new joke.

spiritedenergy
May 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Radwanska lost.. Zvonareva lost.. This part of the draw is a new joke.

was going to post the same:lol:.

it was really a joke, if only kleybanova was not in this quarter ana could have had a cakewalk:sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM
was going to post the same:lol:.

it was really a joke, if only kleybanova was not in this quarter ana could have had a cakewalk:sobbing:

There is no cakewalk for Ana, with the way she was playing Luca. She had less then 50% first serve, more UEs than winners.. And really.. she sucked. But yeah.. if she was playing remotely decent, she could have gone far. Look at this bracket:

Groth
Rodionova

Kleybs
Shvedova

This is the cakewalk of JJ's dreams.. :o

spiritedenergy
May 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
There is no cakewalk for Ana, with the way she was playing Luca. She had less then 50% first serve, more UEs than winners.. And really.. she sucked. But yeah.. if she was playing remotely decent, she could have gone far. Look at this bracket:

Groth
Rodionova

Kleybs
Shvedova

This is the cakewalk of JJ's dreams.. :o

yeah but those players might have sucked more than ana:o. Kleybanova could be a danger for JJ, but I doubt. I actually think she will lose next round:o

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
yeah but those players might have sucked more than ana:o. Kleybanova could be a danger for JJ, but I doubt. I actually think she will lose next round:o

I think we have to forget Ana as a contender for anything.. she just isn't.

spiritedenergy
May 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I think we have to forget Ana as a contender for anything.. she just isn't.

yeah but she could have had a fluke run alas IW 2009. But then just to lose again to JJ in the QF? Better not:o

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM
yeah but she could have had a fluke run alas IW 2009. But then just to lose again to JJ in the QF? Better not:o

Yeah.. better not.. losses to JJ kill Ana.

jelenacg
May 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Vera out,Radwanska out :lol:
There is no way JJ is winning this,not while Justine is alive in tournament :lol:
She needed 3 sets for 2R win on the slowes court :o

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Vera out,Radwanska out :lol:
There is no way JJ is winning this,not while Justine is alive in tournament :lol:
She needed 3 sets for 2R win on the slowes court :o

She usually plays better with more matches. So I expect her to get to the semis playing a lot better than today.

bruce goose
May 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah.. better not.. losses to JJ kill Ana.Not that it matters much...but your comment about losses to JJ are strange,Izzy....It's only happened three times....The first time,she won a tourney a short while later...the second time,she actually played BETTER in her following match with Li'l Bepa....I think that Ana was legitimately sick THAT time...and we all know that it was the cursed off-season....Child pornographers Rolex event...contracting her Anal Tumor...that hurt her for 2009-Present

Yeah,we can see that the JJ loss hurt her confidence...but there's no previous pattern here so,for all WE know,it could've been ANYone that Ana choked against

jelenacg
May 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM
She usually plays better with more matches. So I expect her to get to the semis playing a lot better than today.

Sure but her form wasn`t impressive here or in Madrid

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Sure but her form wasn`t impressive here or in Madrid

Well.. we will see... I think she has a pretty open road to the semis.. and then anything can happen.

spiritedenergy
May 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Well.. we will see... I think she has a pretty open road to the semis.. and then anything can happen.

i agree... i think she can make it, and judging from the latest results, this RG is very open. On the other hand i wouldn't be surprised if she lost to kleybanova either, anything really can happen...

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
i agree... i think she can make it, and judging from the latest results, this RG is very open. On the other hand i wouldn't be surprised if she lost to kleybanova either, anything really can happen...

Jankovic will absorb Kleybs power and move her around.. She is not that good of a mover on clay.. Ana just couldn't deal with the power, and just fead Kleybs balls for her to smack.. like a tennis drill. :tape:

jelenacg
May 27th, 2010, 06:06 PM

JJ won`t lose to Kleybanova :lol:
Ana with her `tennis` can make anyone look so much better than they really are :o
And if that match really happens it will be played on slower court than court 1 and Kleybanova will be sent home with bagel or breadstick
I also think there is a good chance of JJ reaching SF but i don`t see her beating Justine

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
JJ won`t lose to Kleybanova :lol:
Ana with her `tennis` can make anyone look so much better than they really are :o
And if that match really happens it will be played on slower court than court 1 and Kleybanova will be sent home with bagel or breadstick
I also think there is a good chance of JJ reaching SF but i don`t see her beating Justine

Yes.. Ana is taking a master in making people look better than they are. I mean.. it's really easy to look good when you are being fead with nothing more than short balls in your hitting zone.

Besides.. all of Kleybs shots are CC.. I don't know why Ana was always covering the DTL.. :banghead:

JJ will crush her in case they meet..

jelenacg
May 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Yes.. Ana is taking a master in making people look better than they are. I mean.. it's really easy to look good when you are being fead with nothing more than short balls in your hitting zone.

Besides.. all of Kleybs shots are CC.. I don't know why Ana was always covering the DTL.. :banghead:

JJ will crush her in case they meet..

Yes :lol:
All her shots land near the service line and they are just waitng to be crushed.Same thing with her return and slice :rolleyes::lol:

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Yes :lol:
All her shots land near the service line and they are just waitng to be crushed.Same thing with her return and slice :rolleyes::lol:

Return was so pathetic today.. :rolleyes: Half were way out.

Ana's slice is always sitting up for players to crush. :o

SOA_MC
May 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Anyway moving on from Ana.

Apparently A-Rad had a little verbal stoush with her father :speakles:

After the tight first set (Aga defended 7 set balls there), Radwanska lost the control and argued with her father before all spectators' eyes. It began when Robert Radwanski counted all errors of his daughter - first badly played drop shots and afterwards missed returns. Discretely, silently - hardly anyone heard it. Unfortunately Aga outbursted and started the polemic. She began: "Shut up, go home with all your mathematics, get out!" afterwards it got worse: "You're still counting? Fuck off! Do you understand? Fuck off!" The president of Polish Tennis Association and the director of Polsat Warsaw Open observed it all from the stands.

Afterwards Aga was furious also at herself. After an error she shouted: "Again I hit the ball into this fucking tarpaulin". When she threw all bad emotions, she started to play much better. However she didn't win this match.

reports from www.sports.pl/tenis :tape:

Aga :help:
But somehow I like it :lol:

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Even Kirilenko has more power than Ana at the moment. I'm watching her play Kuznetsova.. she is about to pull off the upset.

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Even Kirilenko has more power than Ana at the moment. I'm watching her play Kuznetsova.. she is about to pull off the upset.You tried to jinx Makiri b/c you like Kuzy:p....Well you FAILED!!:nerner:

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM
You tried to jinx Makiri b/c you like Kuzy:p....Well you FAILED!!:nerner:

I like MaKiri too!

It's just that.. this half of the draw is so weak. Who will get out of it?

MaKiri
Schiavonne

Pennetta
Caro

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
THIS is for Sjoerd:worship::worship::worship:.Do you remember when I told you in late 2008 that you should cheer for Ana instead of Makiri whenever the two of them played??Because Ana was,supposedly,the better player??I sort of implied that Makiri was a WTA version of Miss Universe...and that her ceiling wasn't very high...so you shouldn't worry so much over her results....Well,when I'm wrong,I'm wrong:worship:..I'm not sure if she's really Top 10 caliber like you said,but she truly turned it up in the 3rd set after Kuzy had grabbed the momentum and gone up 2-0.She absolutely crushed a few of Svet's serves...one of them was even a first service...and she went for her shots and didn't choke like self-appointed savior Petkovic.

I'm not going back to Makiri's forum cuz I'm gonna keep the peace:angel:...too many posters hate me there:lol:.Still,I'm impressed with how she's played against some top players in the last 2 years.Maybe she CAN be Top 10...or maybe Kuzy was nervous having her French bf watching:devil:.Congratulations and good luck,Sjoerd;maybe Ana will get a clue and realize the difference between having a smiley parasite and a TRUE loving relationship by watching Makiri.I guess Maria disproves the myth that the gal always suffers in an ATP-WTA matchup:cool:

Jang87
May 28th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Yay, congrats to Makiri for fighting and hanging on till the end. Its sad Sveta is out of the top 10 though.

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I like MaKiri too!

MaKiri
Schiavonne

Pennetta
CaroIt's not that weak unless you demand that top seeds always make it:Schiavone is ALWAYS tough on clay,and even Henin wouldn't go drinking the night before playing Flav on clay.Makiri EARNED her spot by taking it to Kuzy...she didn't play patty-cake and wait for UEs...and didn't choke like 'world-leader' Petkovic.As for Caro,well...we'll avoid that debate...but she sure as heck doesn't suck,and she got HER spot by beating red-hot Dulgheru.I don't see why a tourney is considered bad just because the top 8 seeds don't make the QFs:confused:

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I like MaKiri too!

MaKiri
Schiavonne

Pennetta
CaroI was teasing you b/c you call yourself a terrible jinx;neither Contador Zorro nor I would agree with that:smooch:

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
It's not that weak unless you demand that top seeds always make it:Schiavone is ALWAYS tough on clay,and even Henin wouldn't go drinking the night before playing Flav on clay.Makiri EARNED her spot by taking it to Kuzy...she didn't play patty-cake and wait for UEs...and didn't choke like 'world-leader' Petkovic.As for Caro,well...we'll avoid that debate...but she sure as heck doesn't suck,and she got HER spot by beating red-hot Dulgheru.I don't see why a tourney is considered bad just because the top 8 seeds don't make the QFs:confused:

Ok.. But none will have a shot in the semis.

I do think Makiri played very well to beat Sveta and sure didn't wait for it to fall from the sky.

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Ok.. But none will have a shot in the semis.

I do think Makiri played very well to beat Sveta and sure didn't wait for it to fall from the sky.We'll see:)I'm sure that,after Svet's comeback win over Petkovic,very FEW people gave Makiri a chance to win...yet she DID.We need the variety once in a while otherwise the WTA could become like the ATP where only 2 or 3 guys are capable of winning a Slam:yawn:....That kills the suspense and removes so much drama from sport

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
We'll see:)I'm sure that,after Svet's comeback win over Petkovic,very FEW people gave Makiri a chance to win...yet she DID.We need the variety once in a while otherwise the WTA could become like the ATP where only 2 or 3 guys are capable of winning a Slam:yawn:....That kills the suspense and removes so much drama from sport

Yeah... actually at the end of the day I just don't care who is playing, I just want to see some good matches.

After Ana became such a joke that she loses in the first couple of matches every time, I'm like.. whoever wins is fine by me. Doesn't matter.. I really can't bring myself to root for anyone else. :sad:

Nikkiri
May 28th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Kiri :inlove:

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah... actually at the end of the day I just don't care who is playing, I just want to see some good matches.

After Ana became such a joke that she loses in the first couple of matches every time, I'm like.. whoever wins is fine by me. Doesn't matter.. I really can't bring myself to root for anyone else. :sad:Yeah,I got some crap from one of Elena's fans for having more than one favorite in my sig.When it comes to TEAM sports,I'm like you...with only one true favorite(though there are other teams I respect and will sometimes cheer for).For me,it's different with individual sports...you don't need me to explain why Sweet Ana:angel: is appealing...the same with uber-classy Russian Queen Elena:hearts:....Dinara might not make much sense,though:lol:.Basically,I always sympathized with her somewhat cuz of her secondary family status as Marat's little sis...plus I saw her as sort of a diamond in the rough.When she destroyed Henin at Berlin 2008 and sent her lying,cheating tail into retirement,it really got my attention...and I admired how she had seemed to overcome her demons from the past.Unfortunately,that lull of sanity only lasted for a little less than a year...but I'm hoping she can get it back.Even if she can't win a Slam,I'd be happy if she shed her cowardly pusher approach....I can understand why physically weaker players 'push';however,it's harder to accept when someone does it out of FEAR:o

SOA_MC
May 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I was just looking at the rankings thread

#16 Sharapova
#18 Kuznetsova
#19 Safina

If the rankings stay like this at Wimbledon there will be interesting 4th round matches :eek:

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Dementieva wrote this on facebook:

Elena Dementieva Official Page To be honest with you, I was very close to stop. I had so much pain, but I didn't want to stop the match. I was trying to fight for every point. This tournament is just so important to me, so I was trying to do my best no matter what. And I had some painkiller from the doctor, so I was able to play, but not the best performance. I'm very proud that I was able to stay strong and fight no matter what

I like the attitude.. she was clearly one legged today, yet she fought so hard.. you can see she was trying her best. I'm resenting a bit the complete lack of fight in Ana's matches lately.. really, it gets tough and she immediately gives up.. no fire. :sad:

gaviotabr
May 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I was just looking at the rankings thread

#16 Sharapova
#18 Kuznetsova
#19 Safina

If the rankings stay like this at Wimbledon there will be interesting 4th round matches :eek:

It can be interesting indeed... or.. completely loopsided.. :lol:

Though I don't think Sveta or Safina will be much of a threat on grass.

bruce goose
May 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Dementieva wrote this on facebook:

I like the attitude.. she was clearly one legged today, yet she fought so hard.. you can see she was trying her best. I'm resenting a bit the complete lack of fight in Ana's matches lately.. really, it gets tough and she immediately gives up.. no fire. :sad:Well,Elena is the Olympic Queen and,en route to that title,she knocked off SW decisively,denying Serena a crown she'd never won and wanted very badly(she has made known her desire for Singles Gold).Elena's draw was tougher than pretty much any Slam-winner's draw you could find from the past five years.She beat six quality opponents and,if I recall correctly,each one has won at least one title in her career.The only small difference is that she beat six opponents instead of seven...but she would've only met a cupcake in the 1st Round if it were a traditional Slam anyway...so that's petty nitpicking......Still,I sort of hope that Justine gets some sort of nagging injury that seriously limits her movement....Maybe Liar's Cramp:lol:...that way,Elena could totally shut up the haters:cool:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Kleybanova is getting spanked by Shvedova. :tape:

Shvedova is attacking.. and that leaves Kleybs helpless. That's what Ana should've done.

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Shevedova actually plays some good attacking tennis. I hope she spanks JJ if she reaches the QF.

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Shevedova actually plays some good attacking tennis. I hope she spanks JJ if she reaches the QF.

You know she won't.. it will be a QF at a slam.. not some 2nd round..

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Ana should watch Kleybs x Shvedova so she could see how she sucked hard in her match. :o It's really not that hard to get Kleybs out of her comfort zone on clay.. just don't give her rhythm and attack her serve. :o

Watching this just makes me see how Ana's play was utterly pathetic. She should realize it too. :o

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I couldn`t watch any matches yesterday and i`m only now seeing the reults
Sveta lost :o but good for Maria :worship:
I see Petrova won some epic match :worship::lol:
Justine vs Maria today :bounce:
And i don`t need to watch Kleybanova lose to see how pathetic Ana played :o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I couldn`t watch any matches yesterday and i`m only now seeing the reults
Sveta lost :o but good for Maria :worship:
I see Petrova won some epic match :worship::lol:
Justine vs Maria today :bounce:
And i don`t need to watch Kleybanova lose to see how pathetic Ana played :o

Hey Jelena!

I want to watch Maria x Justine too!

About Kleybs.. I just think Ana should have watched.. we saw how she was awful, but she didn't seem to think so.. :o

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Jelena!

I want to watch Maria x Justine too!

About Kleybs.. I just think Ana should have watched.. we saw how she was awful, but she didn't seem to think so.. :o

Yeah bc being bageled now means playing some good tennis :spit: :lol:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah bc being bageled now means playing some good tennis :spit: :lol:

Yeah.. I mean.. she didn't do much wrong.. it was just bad luck that everything was going out..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah.. I mean.. she didn't do much wrong.. it was just bad luck that everything was going out..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She didn`t do much right either :lol::lol:
Sending short balls near service line is playing bad.Just bc it didn`t go out or bc you didn`t smack it into the net it doesn`t mean you were playing good :o

Novak and his celebration :lol: At least he wants to win even if he is still sick :worship:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM
She didn`t do much right either :lol::lol:
Sending short balls near service line is playing bad.Just bc it didn`t go out or bc you didn`t smack it into the net it doesn`t mean you were playing good :o

Yes... not doing much wrong is like the most stupid thing ever. You should be playing to do it right.. not to avoid doing wrong. :rolleyes:

But maybe the thing she said about being unlucky with everything going out was even more ridiculous. That's not about luck.. it's about playing like crap.

Novak and his celebration :lol: At least he wants to win even if he is still sick :worship:

That was cool.. I'm really appreciating people who fight right now. I'm so disappointed in Ana's lack of fight.. this is a Grand Slam, people should be letting their skins out there. Not going all flat and whatever.. :o

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Yes... not doing much wrong is like the most stupid thing ever. You should be playing to do it right.. not to avoid doing wrong. :rolleyes:

But maybe the thing she said about being unlucky with everything going out was even more ridiculous. That's not about luck.. it's about playing like crap.

That was cool.. I'm really appreciating people who fight right now. I'm so disappointed in Ana's lack of fight.. this is a Grand Slam, people should be letting their skins out there. Not going all flat and whatever.. :o

Yeah that`s funny :lol:
It`s like you hit a shot and then god/luck/some force decides where it will land :rolls:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah that`s funny :lol:
It`s like you hit a shot and then god/luck/some force decides where it will land :rolls:

Yes! :spit: Like taken by the wind.. :o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm watching Hewitt x Rafa, and it's so windy now!

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM
of course kleybanova had to lose, totally expected:tape::tape::tape: even bagelled:help:

ana:o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I really wanted to watch Henin x Sharapova.. but it might catch me at lunch time. My family won't be happy if I announce I will pass on the cousins reunion to go watch a tennis match. :spit: I've done it for Ana, and taken a lot of heat.. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
of course kleybanova had to lose, totally expected:tape::tape::tape: even bagelled:help:

ana:o

Yeah yeah.. Ana should be ashamed. Now either Shvedova or Groth will make RG QF. :tape:

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah yeah.. Ana should be ashamed. Now either Shvedova or Groth will make RG QF. :tape:

she had a cakewalk draw:tape::tape::tape:

you know i'm even more pissed that she did well in Rome and baited us... i would have preferred she crashed out in the 1st round in rome so we would not have expected any results. she can't even fight anymore in slams, she doesn't even care:o

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I really wanted to watch Henin x Sharapova.. but it might catch me at lunch time. My family won't be happy if I announce I will pass on the cousins reunion to go watch a tennis match. :spit: I've done it for Ana, and taken a lot of heat.. :lol:

:lol::lol:
Did they ever play on clay?
I think Justine is the favorite ofc but i`m interested to see what Masha can do on clay

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
is there a livestream? i was usinjg livescorehunter but it's broken now...

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 05:13 PM
is there a livestream? i was usinjg livescorehunter but it's broken now...

Try this one

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/0/0/v-174.html

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:17 PM
she had a cakewalk draw:tape::tape::tape:

you know i'm even more pissed that she did well in Rome and baited us... i would have preferred she crashed out in the 1st round in rome so we would not have expected any results. she can't even fight anymore in slams, she doesn't even care:o

Yes.. I feel like you... I wish she had just sucked all around. :o It seems to have gotten worse after Rome. :o

What pisses me off more is that she doesn't even fight.. a effing grand slam, and she doesn't even try. One thing is to tank at an international event, like Serena does sometimes.. I don't defend that.. but hey, I can understand it. But I'll never understand tanking a grand slam match. It pisses me off big time.

Even playing like crap she could have made the QF. I mean.. look at who she had to play.. Against Kleybs, if she had hung in there, I'm sure she would have a big chance in a third set. Kleybs completely ran out of gass in the third today. But no... she just let go of the match. A grand slam match. This pisses me off to no end.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Try this one

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/0/0/v-174.html

thanks that works...go alona!!!:lol: