View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 11th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Venus blows it at every major. I swear she's allergic to winning sometimes. :o

The 2nd Law
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:16 AM
FUCK YES!

Novak that final set was brilliant, especially those forehands on MPs!!!!!! :cheer:

Please, please, PLEASE, summon every single bit of energy you can muster and win tomorrow, then take a month off to recover, I don't care :lol: Just don't bend over for Rafa.

So so so happy I woke up to watch :)

gloria7
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Goodnes gracious,Great Balls Of Fire!!!

NOLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Dear God...thank you! I have no idea what i promised to you if Nole wins,but i'll do it!

Curtos07
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Ajdeeeeee Nole! I am so happy he won. Hope he wins tomorrow! :bounce:

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Wow!

I came home just in time to watch the end of Federer x Djokovic. Watched from 3-3 on. Amazing effort from Nole. He came to win and did it! I hope Ana learns a lesson or 2 from this.. you have to go on court to win, no matter who is on the other side.. fight until the last point.

Nole showed some huge balls to save the 2 MPS, though I did think Federer was passive. Truth is.. Novak was the better player the whole match, and his will to win and mental strength made the difference in the end. He took the win, amazing! :worship:

I hope he can show this same fighting spirit tomorrow, though I think Nadal has the advantage in level of play. May it be a great match!

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM
If Novak can move beyond his one-hit success at Slams,it might be a long-term confidence-builder for him...and having another regular contender would boost the pathetic lack of depth in the ATP at least somewhat....If you added "Mr.Ivanovic" to the equation,then you couldn't just flip a coin for men's Slams anymore...unless there's a new 3-sided coin that I'm not aware of:lol:

Dexter
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Wow!

I came home just in time to watch the end of Federer x Djokovic. Watched from 3-3 on. Amazing effort from Nole. He came to win and did it! I hope Ana learns a lesson or 2 from this.. you have to go on court to win, no matter who is on the other side.. fight until the last point.

Nole showed some huge balls to save the 2 MPS, though I did think Federer was passive. Truth is.. Novak was the better player the whole match, and his will to win and mental strength made the difference in the end. He took the win, amazing! :worship:

I hope he can show this same fighting spirit tomorrow, though I think Nadal has the advantage in level of play. May it be a great match!:speakles::bolt:
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Gutted for Roger. But Novak did play better. Too bad Nadal is going to eat him alive.

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:41 AM
:speakles::bolt:
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Gutted for Roger. But Novak did play better. Too bad Nadal is going to eat him alive.

:lol: Had to put it someway... :lol:

I also think Nadal will win.

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:50 AM
:lol: Had to put it someway... :lol:

I also think Nadal will win.Don't you think it'll be competitive,though??Dexter's so dizzy fantasizing about those two guys with their shirts off that he probably can't think straight or keep his balance...but I haven't seen Rafa beat any great players on his way to the Final...not that there ARE that many respect-worthy players in the ATP(4 active Slam-winners in the last SEVEN years),but Rafa hasn't met anyone of Novak's or Fed's caliber.....He IS playing much better,especially on his weakest surface...and his will to win might carry him to the title...but Nole has kicked him silly on numerous occasions on hard-court,so it seems to me that we might get our first non-laughable Slam final of the ATP season

jelenacg
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I didn`t watch the whole match and they usually have some ugly matches between them but fifth set was great imo :worship: Great tennis :hearts:
Well done Nole .No matter what he does tomorrow this will be huge for his confidence in the future

Anyway 5-5 and BP for Novak and my bf says " Or dead or the colonel" :lol::lol:
Love that serbian proverb ,glad Nole ended up being the colonel :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Don't you think it'll be competitive,though??Dexter's so dizzy fantasizing about those two guys with their shirts off that he probably can't think straight or keep his balance...but I haven't seen Rafa beat any great players on his way to the Final...not that there ARE that many respect-worthy players in the ATP(4 active Slam-winners in the last SEVEN years),but Rafa hasn't met anyone of Novak's or Fed's caliber.....He IS playing much better,especially on his weakest surface...and his will to win might carry him to the title...but Nole has kicked him silly on numerous occasions on hard-court,so it seems to me that we might get our first non-laughable Slam final of the ATP season

Let's see.. I do think (and hope) it will be a competitive match. It can be a great match. I just think Rafa is the one playing the best tennis of anyone in the tournament, quality wise, and will be fresher. So he has the advantage. But anything can happen, as in any match.

Dexter
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Don't you think it'll be competitive,though??Dexter's so dizzy fantasizing about those two guys with their shirts off that he probably can't think straight or keep his balance...but I haven't seen Rafa beat any great players on his way to the Final...not that there ARE that many respect-worthy players in the ATP(4 active Slam-winners in the last SEVEN years),but Rafa hasn't met anyone of Novak's or Fed's caliber.....He IS playing much better,especially on his weakest surface...and his will to win might carry him to the title...but Nole has kicked him silly on numerous occasions on hard-court,so it seems to me that we might get our first non-laughable Slam final of the ATP seasonI'm not really attracted to either of them. To be precise, Nadal makes me puke. :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Nole owns Nadal on hardcourt. I'll be bitterly disappointed if he doesn't win. :o

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I'll never understand a player approaching the net who has the whoooole DTL open, hit the ball CC directly at the opponent who is at the net. Both Clijsters and Federer did it.

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Kim takes the first set 6-2. But we have to remember this is exactly what happened in their last 2 matches..

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:57 AM
This must be torment for Bepa fans...is the wind mild tonight??At 2-3,30-30,she hit 2 horse-sh-t UEs to lose the game...and at 2-5,3 of Kim's points came on sloppy,pathetic UEs....Is Vera choking b/c she thinks she has a chance??(unlike the Wimby final where her odds were remote)

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Vera. :sad:

I like Kim for her personality, I couldn't care less whether she wins or not. :p I was cheering for Vera but now it's already over. :o

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:04 AM
This is f--kin' sad....It SHOULD be a competitive match;Wimby was excusable since Ree was in GOAT mode....Vera looks completely out of it,mentally:rolleyes:.....I suppose 2 good Slams out of 4 ain't that bad...the men are still looking for the first

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Sometimes I think Kim gives her opponents pity games if she's steamrolling them. :lol: That last backhand miss was definitely not your normal miss. :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:15 AM
This is f--kin' sad....It SHOULD be a competitive match;Wimby was excusable since Ree was in GOAT mode....Vera looks completely out of it,mentally:rolleyes:.....I suppose 2 good Slams out of 4 ain't that bad...the men are still looking for the first

If Nole wins it'll be all good. ;)

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Well...ummmmm.....THAT sucked the sweat off a donkey's balls.....The only thing that made it cool was Kim's post-match celebration with her husband and daughter

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Kim played a great match. But that was a bit of a breakdown from Vera.. reminds me a bit of how Dinara played worse in her second and third slam finals than on her first. Vera definitely played better against Serena at Wimbledon.

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Kim played a great match. But that was a bit of a breakdown from Vera.. reminds me a bit of how Dinara played worse in her second and third slam finals than on her first. Vera definitely played better against Serena at Wimbledon.Nice comparison,Izzy....I speculated earlier that Vera might've been more nervous b/c she thought she had a shot this time.....Even her body language reminded me of Dinara's

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I'm watching the last two games of Djokovic/Federer right now. God, Fed's forehand is a disgrace. :help:

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I'm watching the last two games of Djokovic/Federer right now. God, Fed's forehand is a disgrace. :help:

I thought Federer played like crap the whole match. Those shanks to the crowd at 5-5 in the fifth were ugly.

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Nice comparison,Izzy....I speculated earlier that Vera might've been more nervous b/c she thought she had a shot this time.....Even her body language reminded me of Dinara's

Yes.. definitely reminded me of Dinara. Kim did try to cheer Vera up by telling her she needed 6 finals before winning her first slam. :spit:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Nole's reaction was so cute. :awww:

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 03:08 AM
I'm watching the last two games of Djokovic/Federer right now. God, Fed's forehand is a disgrace. :help:Did he sob on Nole's shoulder and drench his shirt after the match??Maybe,when Mirka finishes changing a flat tire on their car,she'll run to the florist shop to get a bouquet for Fed and chase his tears away

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Yes.. definitely reminded me of Dinara. Kim did try to cheer Vera up by telling her she needed 6 finals before winning her first slam. :spit:Kim's husband is NOT a star basketball player in the NBA;he's a virtual unknown,actually...so,even though he's an athlete,he's on regular-guy level....There's about the same talent disparity that existed between Ana and that piece of shit she was lugging around,but a HUGE difference in compatibility,as you can see.I think Brian wakes up some days and just shakes his head at how lucky he is:).Kim has a killer instinct when she needs it yet is gentle as a dove with her daughter and loved ones....she racked her brains to find something encouraging for Vera that wouldn't sound phony...nice comment,huh?:p

spiritedenergy
Sep 12th, 2010, 03:58 AM
well done KIm... Venus: no comment. Vera in the final: no comment

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 04:09 AM
well done KIm... Venus: no comment. Vera in the final: no commentWhat's the saying??If there's nothing positive to say,then don't say anything,right?Well,by THAT standard,Vera earned your 'no comment'---although her press agent wasn't so quiet about her performance in the 2nd half of the Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Davodus
Sep 12th, 2010, 05:48 AM
From Kim's Interview today ;)

Q. You were talking the other day, and you made a comment about ‑‑ Ana Ivanovic had come up, and you said when you were not playing that you kept in touch with her. I spoke to her afterwards, and she said you were so great, that you texted her and gave her advice. And hearing you tonight with Vera, it seems to me very clear that you take great interest in a lot of the young players. I mean, do you feel in a way like you want to mentor them? How do you kind of work that out then you have to go up and compete against them?
KIM CLIJSTERS: Um, yeah, Ana especially I've been very close to over the last few years, and she's been one of the players who, you know, has shown interest just outside of tennis. I think that's something I also like about her. She's a really sweet girl. You know, I mean, it's been, you know, frustrating, you know, the way that she's been playing. She's been playing better these last few months.

In a way, I mean, if I can give her some advice, you know, because she's spoken to me, I'm more than happy to help. I remember when I was younger, playing my first Grand Slam and playing Steffi Graf, just her, you know, giving you some advice, it just means so much coming from, you know, somebody that you look up to so much.

I mean, I try to help anybody, but obviously when I play against them I just try to be better on the day. As soon as we step off court, you know, I'll still try and support them and help them if they need it.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Kimberly. :hearts: That's why her personality is in my sig. ;)

bruce goose
Sep 12th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Kimberly. :hearts: That's why her personality is in my sig. ;)Sometimes it's hard to believe it when you find a genuinely-nice athlete....I can sort of grasp why some people think that Kim and Ana are too good to be true...but,if they did their homework and really observed how those two women have been....then the cynics could understand that they truly ARE gems of the WTA

azdaja
Sep 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
well done nole and kim :D

youzhny of course didn't stand a chance :hug:

i would like to see nole win this, but i think nadal will.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
well done nole and kim :D

youzhny of course didn't stand a chance :hug:

i would like to see nole win this, but i think nadal will.

Nooooooo. :bigcry:

azdaja
Sep 12th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Nooooooo. :bigcry:
i'm just trying to be realistic :p i would like novak to win it, but he will be tired from the match with fed and nadal is nadal.

Anyway 5-5 and BP for Novak and my bf says " Or dead or the colonel" :lol::lol:
Love that serbian proverb ,glad Nole ended up being the colonel :lol:
can you say that proverb in serbian?

jelenacg
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
can you say that proverb in serbian?

Il` pukovnik il` pokojnik

Kim :worship: 21 Matches in a row :eek: queen of Queens :worship:
Nice words about Ana
Can`t say i`m surprised Vera fell apart but 59 min come on :rolleyes:

Charlize Theron was at the final :hearts:

azdaja
Sep 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Il` pukovnik il` pokojnik
phanx ;)

everyone waiting for the final now, no? :p

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Monday final once again.. :o

Got rained out today..

gaviotabr
Sep 12th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I think it's game on now. Djokovic has a great shot at winning tomorrow.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I really want Nole to win. Rafa's great, but we've been waiting for this second slam for SO long. He hasn't made a slam final in almost 3 years now.

Fucking ajde! :rocker2:

Curtos07
Sep 13th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Such a horrible time. Now I will miss the whole match. :fiery:

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Such a horrible time. Now I will miss the whole match. :fiery:Well,you couldn't feel as low as Tashard Choice did when he got stripped and fumbled away a TD on the last play of the half:lol:....I'd feel guilty for going off topic except we spent two pages on that macumba crap a while back...so that gives me a slight pass:p....Good luck bouncing back,Curtis;I doubt that the Jags will do much but Houston and the Titans will make that a tougher division this year...you guys are far from counted out,though:hatoff:

You wouldn't have to worry about missing the final in Mexico;Rafa's big matches get replayed ten million times...and the VICTORIES get replayed TWENTY million...in between the billion soccer matches.If it's an inspiring match tomorrow,you'll probably catch a re-run somewhere:)

Curtos07
Sep 13th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Well,you couldn't feel as low as Tashard Choice did when he got stripped and fumbled away a TD on the last play of the half:lol:....I'd feel guilty for going off topic except we spent two pages on that macumba crap a while back...so that gives me a slight pass:p....Good luck bouncing back,Curtis;I doubt that the Jags will do much but Houston and the Titans will make that a tougher division this year...you guys are far from counted out,though:hatoff:

You wouldn't have to worry about missing the final in Mexico;Rafa's big matches get replayed ten million times...and the VICTORIES get replayed TWENTY million...in between the billion soccer matches.If it's an inspiring match tomorrow,you'll probably catch a re-run somewhere:)

I knew Houston was going to be good this year and wasn't shocked the Colts lost, although I am surpsised by the margin of the defeat. AFC South should be very competitive but I still think the Colts edge out the Texans in the end. :p

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 04:53 AM
I knew Houston was going to be good this year and wasn't shocked the Colts lost, although I am surpsised by the margin of the defeat. AFC South should be very competitive but I still think the Colts edge out the Texans in the end. :pYeah,the Texans defense is talented yet very inconsistent...it might be the Titans who are your bigger threat,though......

....Just can't believe that Jerry Jones hasn't figured it out yet.Wade Phillips is a REALLY nice guy and his players usually love him...but it stops being "bad luck" when the same coach has the exact same 'unlucky',discipline-related losses EVERY year.You've heard me debate with Izzy about the overall weight of 'luck'.I think that tennis is the same: Champions seem to make their own luck--or adjust better to unlucky breaks--while losers are almost always overcome...and are quick to cling to excuses

Curtos07
Sep 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah,the Texans defense is talented yet very inconsistent...it might be the Titans who are your bigger threat,though......

....Just can't believe that Jerry Jones hasn't figured it out yet.Wade Phillips is a REALLY nice guy and his players usually love him...but it stops being "bad luck" when the same coach has the exact same 'unlucky',discipline-related losses EVERY year.You've heard me debate with Izzy about the overall weight of 'luck'.I think that tennis is the same: Champions seem to make their own luck--or adjust better to unlucky breaks--while losers are almost always overcome...and are quick to cling to excuses

For all the Super Bowl titles the Cowboys won in the 90's, Jerry Jones is an incompetent owner. Wade Phillips should've been fired a couple of years ago. I can't think of another team with as much talent, underachieve in the way as the Dallas Cowboys have. Maybe the San Diego Chargers, but at least they have won a few games in the playoffs.

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
For all the Super Bowl titles the Cowboys won in the 90's, Jerry Jones is an incompetent owner. Wade Phillips should've been fired a couple of years ago. I can't think of another team with as much talent, underachieve in the way as the Dallas Cowboys have. Maybe the San Diego Chargers, but at least they have won a few games in the playoffs.For all the criticism that Romo received,he TRULY elevated his level of play at the end of the season last year;he couldn't help it that the Vikes' pass rush had an express ticket to the backfield in that playoff loss....On the other hand,I think they have a few players who EXPECT to lose when stuff goes bad;Tashard Choice had that 'Dinara Safina look' when he walked off the field after the 1st Half

azdaja
Sep 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
this is a thread about tennis, guys :p

the rain delay could help nole. he should be rested for this game and that will make it more interesting.

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
this is a thread about tennis, guys :p

the rain delay could help nole. he should be rested for this game and that will make it more interesting.You're right,Azdaja and,if you read post #2044 again,you'll see that I gave a half-hearted apology for going off-topic.I just figured that Curtis and I deserved a small bit of latitude after a few pages of those b.s. macumbas...not to mention Dexter's slobbering over Nole's 'balls':rolleyes:

I used to really dislike Nadal until he earned my respect by winning his recent Slams withOUT any obvious supplements...unlike the artificially-bloated Rafa of 2008...and he suffered a humbling experience in 2009 that was probably good for his character.....Nevertheless,Nole seems like a swell guy,and it'd be totally embarrassing to the ATP if Rafa breezed thru the USO without breaking a sweat.They might as well fold up their tents and cease operations...letting Rafa play an occasional exhibition here an there.It'd be like Sharapova or one of the WS easily winning RG w/o dropping a set on their weakest-by-far surface....It'll be interesting to see what happens...as you said

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hadn't really thought about it too much cuz I was busy working,but I realize now that they must've held up the release of the singles rankings because the USO Doubles final hadn't been played....Not that most tennis fans care too much about the dubs rankings,but an anally-traditional sport like tennis couldn't possibly release the singles and doubles rankings separately,right?:lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 13th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I think Nole is going to win this.. Rafa's forehand is just sitting up, all the time.

bruce goose
Sep 13th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Here's a question for Izzy or ANYone who knows the answer....We already saw how they delayed releasing the weekly rankings when the Montreal semis and finals were delayed.Did they postpone the MEN'S rankings,too,or only the women's??

I'm just curious b/c they apparently delayed calculating the singles rankings only because they couldn't complete the Doubles with the USO Dubs Final put off for a day.Don't bother asking why they couldn't just release the singles at the normal time...with the doubles added up upon completion of the final;this is the Anal TennisWorld where common sense has a seat in the distant bleachers:lol:

So,what I'm wondering now is: If the men's final is rained out until tomorrow,can we still get the WTA rankings or is there some sort of assclown rule where they can only be calculated together??If anyone remembers what happened the week of the Montreal delay,then that'll give us a fairly reliable answer

spiritedenergy
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:35 AM
who won? http://i38.tinypic.com/2roouqh.jpg

spiritedenergy
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM
suspended... OMG will it ever be finished?

bruce goose
Sep 14th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Rafa might win the next 2 sets,but he lost one for the first time in the tournament....It wasn't a very intelligent prediction by some posters who guaranteed Nadal domination.It was much more likely that he was gonna get his toughest test,and that's exactly what he's getting....I'm watching the Jets and Ravens,though(lol)

doni1212
Sep 14th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Here's a question for Izzy or ANYone who knows the answer....We already saw how they delayed releasing the weekly rankings when the Montreal semis and finals were delayed.Did they postpone the MEN'S rankings,too,or only the women's??

I'm just curious b/c they apparently delayed calculating the singles rankings only because they couldn't complete the Doubles with the USO Dubs Final put off for a day.Don't bother asking why they couldn't just release the singles at the normal time...with the doubles added up upon completion of the final;this is the Anal TennisWorld where common sense has a seat in the distant bleachers:lol:

So,what I'm wondering now is: If the men's final is rained out until tomorrow,can we still get the WTA rankings or is there some sort of assclown rule where they can only be calculated together??If anyone remembers what happened the week of the Montreal delay,then that'll give us a fairly reliable answer

It looks like the men's rankings have already been updated on their website because Roger is number 3, :shrug:

bruce goose
Sep 14th, 2010, 03:03 AM
It looks like the men's rankings have already been updated on their website because Roger is number 3, :shrug:Thanks Doni dear....and congrats:hatoff:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 14th, 2010, 03:24 AM
That was a really great final. Nole ran out of steam but the first three sets were awesome. Many awesome rallies and great shots throughout this match. That's what I called a Grand Slam final.

Certain WTA players need to get the memo on how to play such finals. ;)

doni1212
Sep 14th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks Doni dear....and congrats:hatoff:

Thank you! Congrats to your Ravens as well, ;)

bruce goose
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Thank you! Congrats to your Ravens as well, ;)Well,Rex Ryan is a whole lotta mouth w/o much individual head-coaching success to back it up.At least he has a stronger track record than that swishy ATP jerk-off named Tipsarevic who's nothing more than a punching bag for stars like Nadal and Fed...yet runs his mouth as if he's done something worthwhile with his afterthought of a career....I love the part where he badmouthed Serena and her quality of play...as if he had ANY credibility:lol:....You see,'Tipsy',the way it works is: Male champions like Rafa or Fed at least have SOME credibility IF they choose to criticize Serena or other WTA legends(though they don't do that)....Rafa's or Fed's BITCHES--like yourself,for example--are supposed to shut your pieholes and fetch the towels!!!:yeah:

bruce goose
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:11 AM
That was a really great final. Nole ran out of steam but the first three sets were awesome. Many awesome rallies and great shots throughout this match. That's what I called a Grand Slam final.

Certain WTA players need to get the memo on how to play such finals. ;)To be fair,Aaron,Nole is almost the only non-winning player who offered a serious challenge to either of the Slam winners this year during those 4 majors....Doesn't say much at all for the depth of the ATP......it's more like 'depths of poverty' than depth of quality.Unless it's a rich person with money to burn,I can't imagine throwing away hard-earned salary for an ATP match unless it's Nadal vs. Fed...there's just very little suspense or sporting drama there now

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I fully understand what you mean Bruce. I think ATP will bounce back and have more thrilling competition eventually.

Bad luck for Juan Martin. The last player to beat Nadal and Federer in the same slam. In the slams this year, Murray, Soderling, Berdych and now Nole have each beaten one and lost to the other in the final. At the moment it seems the task of beating both in the same slam is a bit too much for most. :(

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Nadal 3 slams in a row and finally the USO. 7th player who won all 4. He has 9 slams now and hopefully many more to follow. Awesome play here. Great final and a great SF between nole and Fed.

Protoss
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Federer/Nadal have now won 21 out of the last 23 slams. :rolleyes:

IvanovicTheBest
Sep 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Nadal is the best..i mean what a match was that yesterday!!Amazing.And Nole wasnt bad too.but rafa's too good :)

Davodus
Sep 14th, 2010, 02:31 PM
New person :bigwave:

jelenacg
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:11 PM
A little bit late but Rafa :worship::hearts::worship: And Nole :hug:
Rafa already secured the Year End # 1 :worship:

Now if only i could actually see the match :rolleyes: Stupid ES , they showed that brilliant woman`s final 4 times but i can`t see man`s final even once :fiery:

gaviotabr
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Rafael Nadal, making history!

Great win for Rafa.. some amazing play! This is a guy who is a perfectionist.. someone who is just always seeking to improve and always trying to make perfect happen, no matter what. To see how much he has improved his hard court game in the last few years is truly inspiring. Very much deserved title! :worship:

Nole.. :hug: He can be so proud of these last couple of weeks.. I think he made huge steps fowards, and more importantly, played with so much heart, he will soon be able to lift those titles. He was brave, from the first day to the last. :worship:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Federer/Nadal have now won 21 out of the last 23 slams. :rolleyes:

You can call that boring, but matches between the big four are mostly :lick: to watch.

azdaja
Sep 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Now if only i could actually see the match :rolleyes: Stupid ES , they showed that brilliant woman`s final 4 times but i can`t see man`s final even once :fiery:
i actually saw it today on eurosport. it was a good match. i have to admit, i had my problems with nadal being a to pplayer back in the day when he was just a clay court specialist, but now he deserves all respect. i still hope nole and/or someone else will get into the mix because in spite of the high quality matches between the very top players things would be more interesting with more different slam winners.

jelenacg
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:03 PM
i actually saw it today on eurosport. it was a good match. i have to admit, i had my problems with nadal being a to pplayer back in the day when he was just a clay court specialist, but now he deserves all respect. i still hope nole and/or someone else will get into the mix because in spite of the high quality matches between the very top players things would be more interesting with more different slam winners.

I probably missed it today bc i got home late
About Rafa`s game ,he definitely improved a lot and deserves a lot of respect .His serve and his game overall is way better than before that`s why i don`t understand people on MTF saying tennis died today :lol:
But i do agree that it would be better if we had more different GS champions ,so far we have great matches but the winner is always the same .First it was Federer now it is Rafa

azdaja
Sep 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I probably missed it today bc i got home late
About Rafa`s game ,he definitely improved a lot and deserves a lot of respect .His serve and his game overall is way better than before that`s why i don`t understand people on MTF saying tennis died today :lol:
But i do agree that it would be better if we had more different GS champions ,so far we have great matches but the winner is always the same .First it was Federer now it is Rafa
re: mtf - it's probably hat0rz, just like here with ana ;) rafa deserved it.

but nole winning would have been better for tennis.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 15th, 2010, 12:43 AM
I was never a fan but I miss Del Potro. He was the last guy to beat Federer and Nadal in both slams. A guy like that needs to be around.

jelenacg
Sep 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I0CLCCAwKZI

So adorable :awww::awww:

Rafa :hearts: Nole :hearts:

bruce goose
Sep 20th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well,let's hope these next few hours bring some sort of upbeat conclusion;otherwise,it's a sad day for women's tennis fans.A couple years ago,there was a doubles specialist who began a blog but then her team was upset in the 1st Round and she completely abandoned it with no 'goodbye',no nothing....only posted ONE DAY.Since she was a known slutty mattress-back,this kind of behavior wasn't surprising but,thankfully,the WTA never asked her to blog again.

Other than that one isolated occasion,this spitting in the fans' faces hadn't happened with the WTA webpage blogs.A few months back,phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs did the same thing at Wimbledon...again,no surprise considering the person involved:rolleyes:...yet still disrespectful to the fans who make the sport possible.After THAT,Ipek Senoglu sort of duplicated Stubbs' ignominy,except she strongly hinted that she'd be traveling so it wasn't a big shock when she disappeared...and wasn't quite so disrespectfully blase'.In the interim,there has been the clever witty blogging of Horny Petkovic and the A-Plus effort by Lisa Raymond.

Everything looked promising with Bethanie Mattek,who offered worthwhile,often interesting posts Monday thru Friday.Cuz Bethanie was playing singles AND doubles--not to mention lots of evening matches--it was understandable that she waited 'til the FOLLOWING day to comment on what happened the day before.......Yet Bethanie has--MAYBE--now abandoned her blog w/o any salutation,too.

Bethanie had a hectic match schedule on the weekend,so it's forgivable if she wanted to postpone her final comments 'til the day AFTER her singles and doubles finals.Therefore,we might hear from her this afternoon at some point.However,if she completely pisses on the fans by abandoning her blog as the others did,then it'll be a disappointment.I won't even mention the name of that slut from 2008...and Senoglu is kind of anonymous,almost,so I can't really speak too much on how she is as a person.The plastic Stubbs shows what a phony she is every time she tries to hog a microphone,but,if a fan-friendly gal like Bethanie suddenly feels comfortable pissing on the fans:eek:...that'll be a sign of an ugly,growing trend...the THIRD time in only a couple months where the blogger essentially said 'chinga madre' to the fans.I definitely want the WTA to be successful...but NOT to where the players grow so arrogant that they consider themselves above the folks who allow them to earn a living.....Still holding out hope that Bethanie won't follow the Ugly Pattern that Stubbs started

gaviotabr
Sep 21st, 2010, 04:01 AM
Cool video on the USO:

8x2R8NFqCuM

bruce goose
Sep 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
Sigh.....It's pretty bad when even an easygoing gal like Mattek-Sands can get infected by the Stubbs Bitch Virus.I can sympathize that Bethanie is disappointed at not winning her first title...especially when she gave away breaks in her 3-set loss...but having class doesn't mean that you ACCEPT losing---only that you handle it with grace.It was a slippery slope that phony blowhard Stubbs got started for the WTA...even sweet gals like Mattek are following her lead now....The WTA webpage is trying to have a seamless transition by having Chaky blog from Tashkent this week,but why should the more cynical fans believe the players have even an ounce of respect for them??

Chaky supposedly donated some of her hair to chemo victims,I think....(Yeah,I use the word 'victims' b/c I've had some close relatives who served as doctors' guinea pigs).That was a nice move but,quite frankly,I've heard her described as having an extra-heavy dose of self-love...so it's highly forseeable that she'll prematurely abandon her blog and piss on the fans,too.....now that it's become fashionable

Davodus
Sep 21st, 2010, 07:15 AM
Cool video on the USO:

8x2R8NFqCuM

oh great vid :worship: I don't think any single song has been used more than that song during a slam before :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Did anyone catch some of Woz x Dementieva Tokyo final? I got home at the end of the first set.. Lena D. was playing amazing.. then watched the beginning of the second and knew she would lose. :spit: She began netting every single easy shot.. :o So I went to sleep. :lol:

Woz is going to be number 1 for quite a while. She will get it next week, then she has almost nothing to defend until IW.. Unless someone like Kim, who has less to defend, wins AO.. then she will probably hold number 1 at least until the american summer hard court season. All these points she has from the last couple of months are going to hold her ranking in at least the top 3 until the end of next year. Even though her game keeps being so blah to me, I have to admire the mental strength..

jelenacg
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
I don`t know anymore ,at least Caro is playing tournaments and Serena is doing God knows what :rolleyes:
Thank you Serena :o
I didn`t watch the final ,whenever i see Caro`s match i switch channels :o I don`t want to become anyones hater and this is the only way that`s working for me .I really dislike her game ...
Same thing with Elena,her service motion is so ugly and unnatural :help:

Davodus
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
I watched the 2nd set of the final and it was all Dementieva's errors, as is the way when Wozniacki plays :o I mean, good for her that she is winning and whatever but I am finding my dislike for her is growing...she has just no weapons and it is infuriating to watch her moonball non stop. I really want Kim to do well early next year and get the number 1 from Caro...I think she is probably the only one who could do it, because of some of her :o results this year early on.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
Lena. :sobbing:

I made this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/caro1.jpg

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Nando. :banghead:

He hasn't won consecutive matches (with the exception of the USO) since Wimbledon. He's on three match losing streak now. :sad:

No tour finals for him it seems. :rolleyes: Not that he deserves it right now. A whole half-year of suckage just won't do. I'm amazed he's still in the top 10 actually.

He'd better pick it up next year. He'll probably only have two more events (Shanghai and Paris Bercy) and then he can get his head together for next season.

He'll have shitloads to defend, especially during the clay season. :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Nando. :banghead:

He hasn't won consecutive matches (with the exception of the USO) since Wimbledon. He's on three match losing streak now. :sad:

No tour finals for him it seems. :rolleyes: Not that he deserves it right now. A whole half-year of suckage just won't do. I'm amazed he's still in the top 10 actually.

He'd better pick it up next year. He'll probably only have two more events (Shanghai and Paris Bercy) and then he can get his head together for next season.

He'll have shitloads to defend, especially during the clay season. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit puzzled by Verdasco right now.. didn't he have a new model girlfriend? He is now spending plenty of time watching Woz play as well.. distractions distractions.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Everybody in the WTA is ending the year.. there was a brilliant post the other day on twitter, by bobychin, saying in no time positions 1-9 will be ocupied by Caro and 10 will be perenial 10 Radwanska. :lol:

bruce goose
Oct 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
A couple issues of note:First,let's do some math;Shahar Peer earned 450 points by virtue of reaching the Beijing semis,and that will move her up to 3425 points in next week's rankings.Elena D. earned 140 points by reaching the 3rd Round,so she'll have 4086 points.Hypothetically speaking,Shahar could win both Osaka(not at all far fetched) and then Moscow(which,tbh,would be considered a surprise),and that would get her 750 points(470 for Moscow and 280 for Osaka)...and she could still get 670 points simply by reaching the Osaka final(200 pts.)--combined with a Moscow win.Elena has entered MM Luxembourg and is,so far,the #1 seed(we're assuming that Serena won't seek a WC there).Most likely,she'll meet a cupcake opponent in the 1st Round...and even one victory would guarantee Lena a spot ahead of Peer in the second scenario above.If Peer shocked us by managing to win BOTH of her events,then Lena would need to reach the Luxembourg semis to secure a spot at YEC...no huge obstacle for Lena...but no lock either.

As of now,Peer isn't on the Moscow entry list,but is there any doubt she'd ask for a WC if she had a shot at YEC thanks to her Osaka result?The WTA webpage claimed that Elena had already clinched her YEC spot though,mathematically speaking,that's not true.Perhaps they simply assumed that Shahar wouldn't play Moscow since she's not on the current entry list.More likely,it was nothing more than poor scholarship from the WTA...one more bit of evidence on the abysmal results yielded by the Humanist hijacking of public education.To be fair,Shahar would be exhausted,and a non-factor,at YEC following four straight weeks w/o rest...though I'm sure she'd make her best effort to get there.

The second issue is more clear-cut:WTF is going on in Osaka??I read news reports where a typhoon just hit Japan...but I also read where Nadal advanced to the final of a men's tourney in Japan.The Osaka website is very UN-Japanese;that is,it's quite poorly designed and unorganized...what you'd expect from a 5K ITF tourney in some little redneck town.There've been NO updates at all,ANYwhere,about what's happening in Osaka.Was the tournament canceled due to typhoon damage??Does anyone have any news/links??Just wondering...

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 11:38 PM
A couple issues of note:First,let's do some math;Shahar Peer earned 450 points by virtue of reaching the Beijing semis,and that will move her up to 3425 points in next week's rankings.Elena D. earned 140 points by reaching the 3rd Round,so she'll have 4086 points.Hypothetically speaking,Shahar could win both Osaka(not at all far fetched) and then Moscow(which,tbh,would be considered a surprise),and that would get her 750 points(470 for Moscow and 280 for Osaka)...and she could still get 670 points simply by reaching the Osaka final(200 pts.)--combined with a Moscow win.Elena has entered MM Luxembourg and is,so far,the #1 seed(we're assuming that Serena won't seek a WC there).Most likely,she'll meet a cupcake opponent in the 1st Round...and even one victory would guarantee Lena a spot ahead of Peer in the second scenario above.If Peer shocked us by managing to win BOTH of her events,then Lena would need to reach the Luxembourg semis to secure a spot at YEC...no huge obstacle for Lena...but no lock either.

As of now,Peer isn't on the Moscow entry list,but is there any doubt she'd ask for a WC if she had a shot at YEC thanks to her Osaka result?The WTA webpage claimed that Elena had already clinched her YEC spot though,mathematically speaking,that's not true.Perhaps they simply assumed that Shahar wouldn't play Moscow since she's not on the current entry list.More likely,it was nothing more than poor scholarship from the WTA...one more bit of evidence on the abysmal results yielded by the Humanist hijacking of public education.To be fair,Shahar would be exhausted,and a non-factor,at YEC following four straight weeks w/o rest...though I'm sure she'd make her best effort to get there.

The second issue is more clear-cut:WTF is going on in Osaka??I read news reports where a typhoon just hit Japan...but I also read where Nadal advanced to the final of a men's tourney in Japan.The Osaka website is very UN-Japanese;that is,it's quite poorly designed and unorganized...what you'd expect from a 5K ITF tourney in some little redneck town.There've been NO updates at all,ANYwhere,about what's happening in Osaka.Was the tournament canceled due to typhoon damage??Does anyone have any news/links??Just wondering...

I don't know what's going on in Japan. But about Peer, she has points to defend now, and her 16th result isn't 0, so she can't add all those points, and can't get past Lena D. ;)

bruce goose
Oct 9th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I don't know what's going on in Japan. But about Peer, she has points to defend now, and her 16th result isn't 0, so she can't add all those points, and can't get past Lena D. ;)My mistake;I thought that YEC was different than the standard rankings...simply a matter of adding up points accrued during this calendar season.Thank you for your correction:hatoff:.......You're still a beautiful person...even if you're also a hyper-analytical nut sometimes

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I don't know what's going on in Japan. But about Peer, she has points to defend now, and her 16th result isn't 0, so she can't add all those points, and can't get past Lena D. ;)Went back and checked again using the formula you mentioned and,indeed,Shahar would just barely miss passing Elena(by about 40 points)--even if Lena bombed out in the 1st Round at Luxembourg....I still find it strange that nothing has been mentioned about Osaka...even if it IS a candy-ass MM:lol:

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Well,Osaka has begun qualifying matches tonight(next morning in Japan),but the current matches on the scoreboard were scheduled 3rd in the original OOP.Did they simply change the order after the rain or were some matches completed yesterday?The WTA webpage has absolutely ZERO on an OOP for today,and even the HP link here at TF is worthless...the posters are playing their pussy-ass,swishy "Tennis Tipping" w/o mentioning one word on what's happened at the real-life tournament.....Stupid almost beyond belief...it's like a Twilight Zone episode where an entire town disappeared off the face of the earth...except it's a tourney instead of a town.Forrest Gump's distant inbred Japanese cousins are running the Osaka website with everything in Japanese and no English-language option....Just a guess,Osaka has been canceled after this season so they basically said 'what the f--k' and decided to make no effort whatsoever in promoting the tourney.....Never thought I'd see sloppy,disorganized Japanese:lol:

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Not that anyone here cared much,apparently:lol:...but,in case we get any stragglers who are curious,the typhoon must have rained out every Osaka match yesterday.Strictly through trial & error,I stumbled upon the Japanese characters for OOP on the Osaka website,and they list every 1st Round match for today's OOP...plus they'll complete half the 2nd Round matches when time allows(though they don't list the pairings for which ones they'll play).....My guess is that they'll have the last four 2nd-rounders on Monday...and then the 3rd-Rounders....As long as the postponed 2nd-rounders all belong in the same half of the bracket,the ensuing 3rd round matches will only pair gals with two matches against those in the same boat...with an equal amount of rest for everyone

I'm no authority on Japan's climate,but this is the second time this year that we've had major precipitation during Japanese tourneys.If this is their rainy season,then maybe they should move their tournaments to be tacked on at the end of the Aussie stretch....If it rains like this all year,then f--k 'em and feed 'em beans!:devil:....Let's just take away those tourneys from Japan and move them to Northern Mexico:cool:

bruce goose
Oct 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Here's a question which has a factual answer;it's NOT a matter of subjective opinion: Is Jelena known as a player who has a huge legion of fans all over the world?I ask that because she doesn't strike me as being a really charming person...the sort you could easily warm up to.I'm not trying to insult JJ even one little bit;she simply doesn't seem like the kind of person who would attract lots of affection....

Henin is lacking in charm...even MORE so,in my view,yet she makes up for it with her excellence on court that earns the admiration of millions....And Kim is also kinda boring,but she comes across as sweet and wholesome...plus she now has her share of Slam titles,too.Jelena has obviously been successful...just not to nearly the same degree as the two above...certainly not to the extent that it would offset her shortage of charisma....

I'll believe it if someone shows me statistical evidence of a large,rabid fanship for JJ...it'd just be somewhat surprising,that's all

Cp6uja
Oct 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Here's a question which has a factual answer;it's NOT a matter of subjective opinion: Is Jelena known as a player who has a huge legion of fans all over the world?I ask that because she doesn't strike me as being a really charming person...the sort you could easily warm up to.I'm not trying to insult JJ even one little bit;she simply doesn't seem like the kind of person who would attract lots of affection...Fan base is wrong term. More important fact about some WTA player's global popularity is how she is recognized around world. Jankovic positions are very strong in that department at WTA tour and she started this season right after W-sisters, Maria, Ana and Kim... but Henin come back and Wozniacki improved, so Jelena is now 8th most well-recognized WTA star on tour IMO. Simple she has stronger (or more notable) personality and charisma than some other players with similar achievements (for example Russians Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Safina, Zvonareva). But there is one very important detail. When she is #5 most popular (globally recognized) girl on WTA tour (between Henin's 2008 retirement and Clijsters 2009 comeback) and Ana is 4th in that time - Ana's popularity (& contracts) is still more than double bigger, despite slump and all other problems! So Jelena is real star of WTA tour couple last years - but never superstar. It's similar like when we compare Spanish soccer clubs in terms of global popularity where we have big Real/Barca rivalry at #1 and #2, but bigger difference between #2 and #3 (Atletico M. or Valencia) than between #3 and #10 for example :shrug:

So Jankovic should to be very proud and happy with her's global popularity, if she is enough smart to never compare herself with... You know who. Also, if that make her happy, at local/home market and popularity contest in Serbia, her's positions compared to Ana is not that bad at all like at global market. To back again to European soccer clubs examples, there is many examples where two clubs from same city are similar in terms of popularity in theirs own cities, despite theirs global popularity is not that close at all (Everton/Liverpool, Atletico/Real, Turin/Juventus, M.City/M.United... etc).

The 2nd Law
Oct 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Here's a question which has a factual answer;it's NOT a matter of subjective opinion: Is Jelena known as a player who has a huge legion of fans all over the world?I ask that because she doesn't strike me as being a really charming person...the sort you could easily warm up to.I'm not trying to insult JJ even one little bit;she simply doesn't seem like the kind of person who would attract lots of affection....

Henin is lacking in charm...even MORE so,in my view,yet she makes up for it with her excellence on court that earns the admiration of millions....And Kim is also kinda boring,but she comes across as sweet and wholesome...plus she now has her share of Slam titles,too.Jelena has obviously been successful...just not to nearly the same degree as the two above...certainly not to the extent that it would offset her shortage of charisma....

I'll believe it if someone shows me statistical evidence of a large,rabid fanship for JJ...it'd just be somewhat surprising,that's all

:lol: That's a funny question, because I know you don't intend it to be insulting but I know the JJ fan trolls that lurk here will see it and get angry. I think I'm crazy for liking both Ana and JJ :p

To answer your question: the Australian, and particularly Melbournian average Joe tennis fans (those who only watch the AO and it's warm up events) are mostly certainly aware of her as a player. I wouldn't say she has a huge fanbase, but like Ana and Novak she is extremely popular with the Australian serbs here. Most other people would certainly be interested in watching her matches knowing that she's a former world number one and all, and plenty of people here remember her for beating Serena in the QF in 08. Other than that, no, not a particularly huge following.

bruce goose
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks to both of you for your input:hatoff:

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Serena is officially out for the season.. what a weird injury.

Sean.
Oct 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
To be honest it sounds like Serena is losing her interest in tennis again. Wouldn't surprise me if she retires before the London Olympics.

jelenacg
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
^^
Really you think that`s the case here ?
I`m picking Caro for a win in Doha :tape::bolt:

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM
^^
Really you think that`s the case here ?
I`m picking Caro for a win in Doha :tape::bolt:

I definitely think Caro will win.. I mean.. this has to be the weakest YEC field ever, form-wise.

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
To be honest it sounds like Serena is losing her interest in tennis again. Wouldn't surprise me if she retires before the London Olympics.

mm.. I don't think that's the case to be honest.. :shrug:

jelenacg
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I definitely think Caro will win.. I mean.. this has to be the weakest YEC field ever, form-wise.

Definitely :tape:
I don`t have desire to watch any match :tape:
You just know it will be low quality :o

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Definitely :tape:
I don`t have desire to watch any match :tape:
You just know it will be low quality :o

Yes.. I'm even more interested in some of the Bali match ups.. imagine that! And I'm saying this not even considering the fact that Ana will play there. I've always been an enthusiast of top players match ups.. but honestly.. who wants to watch Stosur x JJ or Dementieva x Azarenka when all have been playing so so or outright awful tennis. :shrug:

jelenacg
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Yes.. I'm even more interested in some of the Bali match ups.. imagine that! And I'm saying this not even considering the fact that Ana will play there. I've always been an enthusiast of top players match ups.. but honestly.. who wants to watch Stosur x JJ or Dementieva x Azarenka when all have been playing so so or outright awful tennis. :shrug:

I feel the same ...i don`t plan to spend my time watching that :tape:
And Doha was always a failure anyway :o It`s ok to have big tournaments there but YEC ,just no
I`m glad we are done with YEC in Doha

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I feel the same ...i don`t plan to spend my time watching that :tape:
And Doha was always a failure anyway :o It`s ok to have big tournaments there but YEC ,just no
I`m glad we are done with YEC in Doha

It will be in Istanbul from 2011 on.. not that much better.. I still think it should be like the old times.. in LA or NY or some big place in Europe. Madrid was cool as well.

jelenacg
Oct 19th, 2010, 10:27 PM
It will be in Istanbul from 2011 on.. not that much better.. I still think it should be like the old times.. in LA or NY or some big place in Europe. Madrid was cool as well.

Istanbul is good ,as long as it`s in Europe it`s ok :p
Not sure how much people there follow tennis but i think it should be better than Doha :shrug:

Davodus
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:24 AM

They put it in weird places, I agree :o I dunno how well Istanbul will do it, but I hope they get better crowds than Doha...the mens one in london is so much better than the womens one because of that. I think it should be ina big city in Europe, and be indoors. Somewhere like Berlin, that doesn't have a tournament anymore would be good, or just anywhere that would get good crowds and therefore an atmosphere the YEC should have :o

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Bali is where it'll be at for us. lol. :worship:

Cp6uja
Oct 20th, 2010, 08:10 AM
About Ana Ivanovic seed status at Australian Open, people should to know that Ana will be seeded for sure, and her chances to be TOP24 seeds is much better than it seems now even if we knows that she will not defend hers Brisbane SF points (plays Hopman Cup)! Here is how looks todays ranking list for Melbourne of players currently ranked between 15-28 at WTA rankings. There is cut-off all last season Doha and Bali points and points from this season week 1 (Brisbane and Auckland) and for players which will play at Bali/2010 is added 1st round minimum 75pts. In MAX_pts column is added best case (title) scenario for all players which still playing Moscow and Luxembourg, and will play Bali. Please, note that some of this players will play 1st week of 2011 in Brisbane or Auckland (unlike Ana), but that potential achievement is not added here to MAX_pts scenario. Talking about best case scenario - if Ana wins Luxembourg (she is #1 favorite according to bookmakers) and Bali (despite current rankings she is by far biggest MD name there) Ana Ivanovic has chances to be TOP16 seeded at Australian Open 2011! BTW #avg rank here is rank based on average points for all this players (average between worst MIN_pts and best MAX_pts scenarios). For example MIN_pts for Ana at AO draw weeek is 2131 pts and MAX_pts is 2711 pts, so for her #avg (rank) is used average(2131,2711)=2421 pts projection.

(#current) - PLAYER MIN_pts/MAX_pts (#avg) (#current) - PLAYER MIN_pts/MAX_pts (#avg)
(#15) - Nadia Petrova 2702/2702 (#15) (#15) - Nadia Petrova 2702/2702 (#15)
(#16) - Marion Bartoli 2225/2225 (#25) (#20) - Kaia Kanepi 2535/2835 (#16)
(#17) - Maria Sharapova 2591/2591 (#18) (#19) - A. Pavlyuchenkova 2525/2825 (#17)
(#18) - Aravane Rezai 2045/2595 (#23) (#17) - Maria Sharapova 2591/2591 (#18)
(#19) - A. Pavlyuchenkova 2525/2825 (#17) (#23) - Maria Kirilenko 2220/2630 (#19)
(#20) - Kaia Kanepi 2535/2835 (#16) (#26) - Ana Ivanovic 2131/2711 (#20)
(#21) - Yanina Wickmayer 2105/2685 (#21) (#21) - Yanina Wickmayer 2105/2685 (#21)
(#22) - Flavia Pennetta 2230/2230 (#24) (#28) - Alisa Kleybanova 2040/2750 (#21)
(#23) - Maria Kirilenko 2220/2630 (#19) (#18) - Aravane Rezai 2045/2595 (#23)
(#24) - Jie Zheng 2157/2157 (#26) (#22) - Flavia Pennetta 2230/2230 (#24)
(#25) - Svetlana Kuznetsova 1851/1851 (#28) (#16) - Marion Bartoli 2225/2225 (#25)
(#26) - Ana Ivanovic 2131/2711 (#20) (#24) - Jie Zheng 2157/2157 (#26)
(#27) - Alexandra Dulgheru 2000/2000 (#27) (#27) - Alexandra Dulgheru 2000/2000 (#27)
(#28) - Alisa Kleybanova 2040/2750 (#21) (#25) - Svetlana Kuznetsova 1851/1851 (#28)

bruce goose
Oct 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yes.. I'm even more interested in some of the Bali match ups.. imagine that! And I'm saying this not even considering the fact that Ana will play there. I've always been an enthusiast of top players match ups.. but honestly.. who wants to watch Stosur x JJ or Dementieva x Azarenka when all have been playing so so or outright awful tennis. :shrug:Not that it matters,but I actually agree with this viewpoint for the most part;there's still plenty of good quality in YEC,yet those players haven't been showing much of that talent of late.Elena has been very sporadic this year--one great tournament,then a 1st-Round exit....Stosur has been even streakier with spurts of more sub-par play...and JJ has almost unraveled in the 2nd Half of 2010.If my math is right,Vika is almost a lock for YEC w/o Serena...and we'd be lucky to catch solid play from Vika at a top-level event.To me,Fran is sort of a fluke who played over her head this year and caught lots of fortunate breaks,but maybe she'll prove me wrong.........

Kim is an unknown right now cuz we don't know how healthy she is and haven't seen her for a while,so that leaves only Caro and Li'l Bepa as surefire reliable performers in this year's YEC.Unless some of the gals mentioned above raise their level,YEC just won't resonate very much with me this year

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
In a way I hope Caro wins YEC (only if Lena can't). She has to win at least one big tournament while she's #1 or she'll never hear the end of it.

azdaja
Oct 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
istanbul is a big place in europe ;) even though plenty of people see turkey as an asian country istanbul is still a european city.

and now that people are mentioning it, the yec definitely looks terribly weak and uninteresting this year :help:

Cp6uja
Oct 21st, 2010, 11:16 AM
After yesterday's Rezai and Wickmayer loses in Luxembourg, and Kanepi announced w/o from Bali, most realistic AO seeds status for Ana still seems #20, but her chances to be at least TOP24 seed is now much better!
Ana is in career longest 12 sets in the row winning strike (if we not count 2004 ITF challengers episode), so it not be so big surprise if Ana wins Luxembourg and Bali both - in that case Ana will finish 2010 at #15, and very probably will be TOP16 seed in Melbourne, because only Petrova will have realistic chances to overtake her during week1.

(#current) - PLAYER MIN_pts/MAX_pts (#avg)
(#15) - Nadia Petrova 2702/2702 (#15)
(#19) - A. Pavlyuchenkova 2525/2825 (#16)
(#17) - Maria Sharapova 2591/2591 (#17)
(#20) - Kaia Kanepi 2460/2460 (#18)
(#23) - Maria Kirilenko 2280/2630 (#19)
(#26) - Ana Ivanovic 2161/2711 (#20)
(#28) - Alisa Kleybanova 2100/2750 (#21)
(#18) - Aravane Rezai 2045/2595 (#22)
(#21) - Yanina Wickmayer 2105/2405 (#23)
(#22) - Flavia Pennetta 2230/2230 (#24)

(#16) - Marion Bartoli 2225/2225 (#25)
(#24) - Jie Zheng 2157/2157 (#26)
(#27) - Alexandra Dulgheru 2000/2000 (#27)
(#25) - Svetlana Kuznetsova 1851/1851 (#28)

InsideOut.
Oct 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Getting ahead of ourselves here though...Ana hasn't even made it into the quarters of Luxembourg; we shouldn't be talking about 3 titles in a row :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
:lol: It would be nice though.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM
OMG what's going on with Jaja? World #268 is leading her 5-0 in Moscow first set? :eek:

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM
What's going on in Moscow? Is JJ injured? That's bad..

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
Getting ahead of ourselves here though...Ana hasn't even made it into the quarters of Luxembourg; we shouldn't be talking about 3 titles in a row :lol:

Yes.. Cp6uja is totally ahead of himself.. Ana has never won 2 tournaments in a row, let alone 3! It would be great/awesome/amazing though. Ajde!

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:18 PM
Oh my.. Jankovic :help::help::help:

Moscow top half is a mess.. I think MaKiri has a cakewalk to the final.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM
WTA top players :help: If you're that sick, then don't play. :tape:

Dexter
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
Kirilenko played extremely well. I think it's her title to lose at this point.

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM

Agreed. Though I'm not sure how would a final with Vika be like.

AbyssII
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Diyas is a very promising player. She turned 17 just 2 days ago.
JJ took a MTO, she couldn't breath , well she said that she couldn't breath.
1 & 2 is pretty harsh

Cp6uja
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Getting ahead of ourselves here though...Ana hasn't even made it into the quarters of Luxembourg; we shouldn't be talking about 3 titles in a row :lol:Ana is for reason Luxembourg bookmakers #1 favorite (Ana 2.5, Elena 3.5, Schnyder 7.0...etc) and in Bali, where she needs just three wins in row for title, her eventual opponents is current slumpers in most of cases: Rezai, Wickmayer, Na Li, Pavlyuchenkova, Hantuchova, Kleybanova, ?A-Bond?. If Ana continue to play with this TOP10 level tennis, 3 MM titles in the row will not be miracle at all b/c she obviously (since Linz) has no more that MM-squeamishness problem which prevent her in past to achieve any decent MM result.

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 01:13 PM
Ana is for reason Luxembourg bookmakers #1 favorite (Ana 2.5, Elena 3.5, Schnyder 7.0...etc) and in Bali, where she needs just three wins in row for title, her eventual opponents is current slumpers in most of cases: Rezai, Wickmayer, Na Li, Pavlyuchenkova, Hantuchova, Kleybanova, ?A-Bond?. If Ana continue to play with this TOP10 level tennis, 3 MM titles in the row will not be miracle at all b/c she obviously (since Linz) has no more that MM-squeamishness problem which prevent her in past to achieve any decent MM result.

Don't jinx her.. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM
Would like to hear an update on JJ's condition if anyone hears anything;losing that badly tends to indicate a serious,weakening virus or something

Curtos07
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:17 PM
Elena Dementieva had to withdraw from Luxembourg today. Via facebook:

Elena has to retire from her second round match due to an inflammation on her right foot

Ana's draw has really opened up. Don't mess this up!

Cp6uja
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
No more TOP10 wins this season for Ana :(

InsideOut.
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Well, since Li Na is an alternate for Doha; if someone withdraws and she plays (and wins?) a match she might become top 10 by the time Bali comes by? :scratch:

Dexter
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:50 PM
But then she wouldn't be able to play in Bali.

InsideOut.
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:58 PM
I mean if someone withdraws DURING the tournament. Then Li Na can play both, I think :confused:

bruce goose
Oct 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
I mean if someone withdraws DURING the tournament. Then Li Na can play both, I think :confused:Ben,I don't think that's the case;if Li merely attends YEC as an alternate yet doesn't play,THEN she can play Bali...but not if she actually competes in Doha........unless the rules have changed

Protoss
Oct 21st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Ben,I don't think that's the case;if Li merely attends YEC as an alternate yet doesn't play,THEN she can play Bali...but not if she actually competes in Doha........unless the rules have changed
No, Li can play Bali even if she plays in Doha as an alternate.

jelenacg
Oct 21st, 2010, 08:13 PM

JJ lost to #268 :tape::help: I don`t care but get a coach :rolleyes:
At first i read on twitter that Ivanovic instead of Jankovic lost 6-1 6-2 :tape::lol::tape:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM

Agreed. Though I'm not sure how would a final with Vika be like.

Too bad I couldn't watch it, but I like these lines :)

bruce goose
Oct 21st, 2010, 08:36 PM
No, Li can play Bali even if she plays in Doha as an alternate.Then the rules were changed;before,that wasn't the case cuz I remember reading that straight from the WTA website........

On a different note,they said that Elena was heading to Doha following her withdrawal,so I hope that her foot inflammation isn't too bad:eek:

jelenacg
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
Maria Sharapova got engaged :eek:
Her agent confirmed that she is engaged .I`m so glad Ana broke up with Adam :lol::tape:
I don`t think i could take slumping and engaged Ana :lol:
But Mashasha are adorable together so congrats to them :hearts::worship:

Nikkiri
Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM

You underestimate what a headcase Kiri can be :happy: played really well yesterday but watch her play the worst match of her career today. :happy:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
In my opinion Kiri has more talent than Azarenka.

Nikkiri
Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
I don't think Kiri will ever achieve the same as Vika... but she is very talented and has improved so much this year. She just lacks the consistency and mental strength to take her game to the next level.

Davodus
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
You underestimate what a headcase Kiri can be :happy: played really well yesterday but watch her play the worst match of her career today. :happy:

Wrong! :p

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Kirilicious. :yeah:

Nikkiri
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Wrong! :p

Saving it for the later stages obviously :p

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Another awesome avy from Nikkie,btw......Congrats to Masha and Sasha;Maria doesn't strike me as the kind of gal who'd get married on a whim,so I'm inclined to believe that she's genuinely in love...she wouldn't take that step with some douchebag like,say,Roddick:p....I wonder if Vujacic is a humble man;if Masha announced that she were retiring to have children with him,it might make his head explode from the male ego boost:lol:

Nikkiri
Oct 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I know :sad:

Cp6uja
Oct 25th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Ana finished 2009 at #22 and currently is #24. Only Kleybanova with Bali title can overtake Ana, but not if Ana make at MM-championship silver or bronze medal. If Ana want to improve in year ending rankings on seasons final week only Bali title will help her for that!!! Losing round 1 match she will still reach 75 points but that will be not enough to overtake anybody. Even if she reach SF (and lose) 165/180 pts for SF4/SF3 will not be enough for any rankings improvement (but at least her chances to keep TOP24 seeds status till AO draw will look much better). If Ivanovic reach Bali final (255 pts if lose), Ana will finish this season at #23 (she will overtake only Pennetta) which is still worse than 2009. But if Ana wins all 3 matches and reach 375 pts for MM-YEC title in Bali, it will be giant step for Ana at end of season! In that case she will overtake for sure Pennetta, Kanepi, Kirilenko and Sharapova, and Pavlyuchenkova or/and Wickmayer also if theylose R1 match (actually Wickmayer needs at least bronze-SF to overtake Ana-W). Which means Ana with Bali title will finish 2010 season with 2 titles and like TOP20 (#18, #19 or #20) with 2600 points. Funniest Year ending rank will be if Ana wins Bali, Pavly lose R1 and Wickmayer bronze medal match, in that case Ana will finish season with less than 10 pts advantage ahead Sharapova but 3 places better, and final ranking will be:

#18 - 2600 Ana Ivanovic W
#19 - 2599 Yanina Wickmayer SF4
#20 - 2594 A. Pavlyuchenkova R1
#21 - 2591 Maria Sharapova
#22 - 2550 Maria Kirilenko
#23 - 2490 Kaia Kanepi
#24 - 2430 Flavia Pennetta

spiritedenergy
Oct 25th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Ana finished 2009 at #22 and currently is #24. Only Kleybanova with Bali title can overtake Ana, but not if Ana make at MM-championship silver or bronze medal. If Ana want to improve in year ending rankings on seasons final week only Bali title will help her for that!!! Losing round 1 match she will still reach 75 points but that will be not enough to overtake anybody. Even if she reach SF (and lose) 165/180 pts for SF4/SF3 will not be enough for any rankings improvement (but at least her chances to keep TOP24 seeds status till AO draw will look much better). If Ivanovic reach Bali final (255 pts if lose), Ana will finish this season at #23 (she will overtake only Pennetta) which is still worse than 2009. But if Ana wins all 3 matches and reach 375 pts for MM-YEC title in Bali, it will be giant step for Ana at end of season! In that case she will overtake for sure Pennetta, Kanepi, Kirilenko and Sharapova, and Pavlyuchenkova or/and Wickmayer also if theylose R1 match (actually Wickmayer needs at least bronze-SF to overtake Ana-W). Which means Ana with Bali title will finish 2010 season with 2 titles and like TOP20 (#18, #19 or #20) with 2600 points. Funniest Year ending rank will be if Ana wins Bali, Pavly lose R1 and Wickmayer bronze medal match, in that case Ana will finish season with less than 10 pts advantage ahead Sharapova but 3 places better, and final ranking will be:

#23 - 2490 Kaia Kanepi
#24 - 2430 Flavia Pennetta

top 20 this year would be so amazing for ana... i hope she's fired up:armed:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM
One of the greatest YEC!

Zvonareva beat JJ 6-3 6-0. Will JJ even play here? She got 6 games in her last 2 matches and lost 6 sets in a row(2-6 2-6 1-6 2-6 3-6 0-6)

And then the greatest match of all Pushniacki against Eselflena Destructioneva.
Caro won 53 points, 34 cause of UE's.
And last but not least, we still have Schiavone - Stosur to go. Who made their first and last YEC just like their first and last GS final.

spiritedenergy
Oct 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM
what a joke the WTA has become... nobody really cares anymore... i blame it on too much money and too much physical game. Players can still earn crazy and not destroy their bodies, who can blame them?

bruce goose
Oct 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM
what a joke the WTA has become... nobody really cares anymore... i blame it on too much money and too much physical game. Players can still earn crazy and not destroy their bodies, who can blame them?Well,AYE care...and so do millions and millions of others who watch the WTA...so your math is quite faulty there...time to buy a new calculator,Luca(lol).It's difficult to find the right balance between getting maximum exposure for the players,business-wise...and pushing them too hard with the schedule.Also complicating things is that tennis players are notorious crybabies...especially the 'men',so sometimes the Tour leaders might be skeptical when they complain about too many tourneys.

In the broader picture,Serena's injury was a fluke;it had nothing to do with playing too many matches.Likewise,Justine had a VERY modest schedule...so you can't say that she got hurt by playing too often...those injuries were a clear example of Izzy's old pal,"Bad Luck".If you simply added those two players to the mix at YEC...even w/o Venus,then we'd have a lot more people paying attention.Once they find the perfect balance to the schedule,which is just a matter of time,things will improve a lot....Meanwhile,the ATP might be on the verge of extinction.If Fed decides to retire anytime soon,they'll be stuck with champion Rafa...and a bunch of one-dimensional,gutless losers named Ned....ZERO drama...which is almost where they are right now

jelenacg
Oct 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
One of the greatest YEC!

:lol: At least someone likes it :lol:

JJ is so annoying with her injuries,sickness ... :rolleyes: Shut up and play or give that spot to Li Na :rolleyes: :o

jelenacg
Oct 28th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Wozniacki will end 2010 season No. 1, joining Jankovic ('08) as only other Slam-less year-end No. 1s since computer rankings started in '75.

Congrats i guess :shrug:

Davodus
Oct 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM
:lol: At least someone likes it :lol:

JJ is so annoying with her injuries,sickness ... :rolleyes: Shut up and play or give that spot to Li Na :rolleyes: :o

As if she would when there is the opportunity for such drama! Its the only way she can get attention this YEC and she knew it too.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 29th, 2010, 01:54 AM
How I see it is ATP level of play is much higher overall but lacks depth.
WTA has more depth but level of play is not as high.

bruce goose
Oct 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM
How I see it is ATP level of play is much higher overall but lacks depth.
WTA has more depth but level of play is not as high.Yeah,1 or 2 ATP players with "high level of play"...if you take Rafa and Fed out of the equation,it's usually no better than unwatchable crap...just one-dimensional gutless bashers who choke every time they play one of the two Slam winners....at least the WTA has sporting drama;even the most physically dominant player,Serena,can't have her way on clay...plus it's more gracefully beautiful.Again,if you take the 2 greats away,men's tennis is a lot like men's gymnastics or an all-male ballet...after no more than 5 minutes,you get the sense that something is gravely missing

EDIT: I've bashed the ATP a lot since I've been here,so let me clarify somewhat: Men's tennis isn't a sport that I,essentially,REFUSE to watch...such as ping pong,billiards,croquet,or golf(which really aren't true sports at all,IMO)...and others have never appealed to me either...such as auto or horse racing,marathons,or skateboarding.There was a time,long ago,when I actually enjoyed watching McEnroe battle Lendl...or Sampras vs. Agassi...even if the player was a smegma cheese prick like McEnroe STILL is,I could still enjoy the match if the guy was great.

....And I'd watch the ATP again if it were remotely entertaining...even though it would be less appealing with the lack of the feminine grace that the women have...which is even MORE appealing now that their athleticism has improved over time.However,the ATP simply sucks the sweat off a donkey's balls;aside from Federer or Rafa,I'd just as soon watch two old men playing checkers in the park.On rare occasions,there are a couple other players such as Nole who rise up with brief,fluky stretches of excellent play,but none of them are anywhere NEAR the true greats...nor do any of them sustain a higher level for very long.The lack of talent in the ATP is pathetic and disgraceful.One of my lady friends wanted to watch Nalbandian and Verdasco a couple months back,so I left it on TV...and,after 5 minutes,was bored out of my f--king mind!!!...and went and did something else while my friend kept watching....As far as I'm concerned,the ATP is nothing but a monkey-f--k operation that desperately rides on the coattails of Rafa and Fed...and lives off the PAST glories of many years ago

gaviotabr
Oct 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I can't believe Dementieva is retiring! :sobbing:

I'll miss her.. :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Oct 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Nooooo :sobbing: Not Elena!!! :sad:

gaviotabr
Oct 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Clijsters is playing like crap.. :spit:

gaviotabr
Oct 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Kim SO tanked this match.. :spit: I guess she chose to play Stosur.. :lol:

jelenacg
Oct 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Omg just found out :eek: Elena really retired :speakles:
How did this happen ??
Wish her all the best in her new life :)

spiritedenergy
Oct 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Omg just found out :eek: Elena really retired :speakles:
How did this happen ??
Wish her all the best in her new life :)

yes i was shocked too!:eek: i went to the WTA site just to check the scores and saw this...

I think she wants to marry and have babies, and it's the right time for her, she probably doesn't want to wait until she'll be 35 or something... Also it's curious she decided about this already in the beginning of the year

bruce goose
Oct 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
yes i was shocked too!:eek: i went to the WTA site just to check the scores and saw this...

I think she wants to marry and have babies, and it's the right time for her, she probably doesn't want to wait until she'll be 35 or something... Also it's curious she decided about this already in the beginning of the yearLuca,she was dropping hints as early as 2008...and that increased after she won her Olympic Gold for Russia.I even told Izzy back then that I thought 2009 would be her last year...but she hung on for one more.I didn't get angry when other Lena fans snapped on me for suggesting that retirement was VERY close...cuz I knew that I'd miss her,too.

Maybe she wanted to win a traditional Slam to shut up the haters & doubters once and for all...and I think the RG injury took that title from her.Anyway,look at Elena's draw at the Olympics...and then try to find a recent slam draw that matches it for difficulty.I seriously doubt you'll find even one.Lena flat out BEAT Serena(QFs,I think)....Serena didn't beat herself with UEs as she often claims when she loses(and it's true,sometimes).Serena REALLY wanted Olympic Singles gold,too;she's made that quite clear.I'm so glad that I got to witness that magic moment in Beijing;will NEVER forget it....I'm glad Lena has a man who's devoted to her...and that she plans to return to tennis as a coach:cool:

spiritedenergy
Oct 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Luca,she was dropping hints as early as 2008...and that increased after she won her Olympic Gold for Russia.I even told Izzy back then that I thought 2009 would be her last year...but she hung on for one more.I didn't get angry when other Lena fans snapped on me for suggesting that retirement was VERY close...cuz I knew that I'd miss her,too.

Maybe she wanted to win a traditional Slam to shut up the haters & doubters once and for all...and I think the RG injury took that title from her.Anyway,look at Elena's draw at the Olympics...and then try to find a recent slam draw that matches it for difficulty.I seriously doubt you'll find even one.Lena flat out BEAT Serena(QFs,I think)....Serena didn't beat herself with UEs as she often claims when she loses(and it's true,sometimes).Serena REALLY wanted Olympic Singles gold,too;she's made that quite clear.I'm so glad that I got to witness that magic moment in Beijing;will NEVER forget it....I'm glad Lena has a man who's devoted to her...and that she plans to return to tennis as a coach:cool:

yes she was really unlucky against Schiavone to get injured this year... but I'm not sure she would have won the final, she might have struggles with nerves again... we will never know. I never really liked her as everyone knows:p but it's sad, she is a great player with great groundstrokes. To all of her fans here :hug:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM
:sobbing: I feel bad about her retirement, but I kind of saw it coming. I thought she had one more year in her but either this year or the next...she's had to endure so many disappointments throughout her career it was bound to take it's toll eventually.

I guess Ana is officially my top fave (although I'd felt that way for a while before Lena's retirement...).

bruce goose
Oct 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
yes she was really unlucky against Schiavone to get injured this year... but I'm not sure she would have won the final, she might have struggles with nerves again... we will never know. I never really liked her as everyone knows:p but it's sad, she is a great player with great groundstrokes. To all of her fans here :hug:Yeah,Luca,I'll admit that Lena's Slam history doesn't evoke much confidence in how she might have done vs. Stosur...so maybe it's just sentiment clouding my judgment here....I just feel like she would've done it this time....I wish EVERY Slam could've been co-opted by the Olympics cuz playing for her country was the one scenario that allowed Lena to overcome her nerves in a huge match(sigh.......)

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I'm really surprised by how gutted I feel over Lena D.'s retirement. Since the moment I saw the announcement, I've been thinking.. and the thought the most came up was: "I can't believe I won't be seeing Lena play a match again!" It was such a normal, natural thing to do for the past 10 years.. I hadn't realize that, but I think I've watched Lena D. play almost every week for so long, that it became such a normal thing. Other retirements didn't have such effect on me.. I guess the surprise factor played a part, or maybe I just always liked Lena D. more than I thought!

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Luca,she was dropping hints as early as 2008...and that increased after she won her Olympic Gold for Russia.I even told Izzy back then that I thought 2009 would be her last year...but she hung on for one more.I didn't get angry when other Lena fans snapped on me for suggesting that retirement was VERY close...cuz I knew that I'd miss her,too.

Yes, you warned me about it. But I have to say I really didn't think it would happen this soon. :sad:

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I'm really surprised by how gutted I feel over Lena D.'s retirement. Since the moment I saw the announcement, I've been thinking.. and the thought the most came up was: "I can't believe I won't be seeing Lena play a match again!" It was such a normal, natural thing to do for the past 10 years.. I hadn't realize that, but I think I've watched Lena D. play almost every week for so long, that it became such a normal thing. Other retirements didn't have such effect on me.. I guess the surprise factor played a part, or maybe I just always liked Lena D. more than I thought!

Hi Izzy :)
I`m not gutted but i have to admit it will be strange without her.I guess i got used to her being around all the time :shrug:
I read this on twitter : Dementieva spent only five weeks outside the top 20 in the last ten years.
You have to admire that consistency

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Hi Izzy :)
I`m not gutted but i have to admit it will be strange without her.I guess i got used to her being around all the time :shrug:
I read this on twitter : Dementieva spent only five weeks outside the top 20 in the last ten years.
You have to admire that consistency

Hey Jelena!

Yes.. and for most part she was top 10. Qualified for the YECs in 10 of the past 11 years.. the one time she didn't, she was an alternate.

It's going to be really odd not to see her around.. not to catch some early round match at a slam and see Lena hitting CC all the time and mommy Vera looking all worried.

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hey Jelena!

Yes.. and for most part she was top 10. Qualified for the YECs in 10 of the past 11 years.. the one time she didn't, she was an alternate.

Very impressive :worship:

It's going to be really odd not to see her around.. not to catch some early round match at a slam and see Lena hitting CC all the time and mommy Vera looking all worried.

That`s funny :spit::lol:
Old generation is slowly going away...

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Very impressive :worship:

That`s funny :spit::lol:
Old generation is slowly going away...

Yes.. that's what Lena said in her presser.. that she thinks there will be a change of guard, because there are many 27-30 year old top players who won't be around for too much. It's actually a bit sad to think.. so many players we are so used to watching play and that might be going away soon. :sad:

spiritedenergy
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Yes.. that's what Lena said in her presser.. that she thinks there will be a change of guard, because there are many 27-30 year old top players who won't be around for too much. It's actually a bit sad to think.. so many players we are so used to watching play and that might be going away soon. :sad:

yes i also belong to that old guard:lol::sad: But i can understand her, she might have thought she was not going to get better but only worse. Still, the only full reason as to why she stopped pretty early overall and healthy is that she wants to have a baby... Because she looked motivated to me even though she knew since 1 year she was going to quit...

also she said she decided by herself and her mom and brother didn't agree:eek: Only her boyfriend of course:p

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM

I agree :sad: Anyway this was so unexpected ,i really didn`t see it coming
Btw not the right thread to ask but do you know when will be made draw for Bali ??

AbyssII
Oct 30th, 2010, 10:39 AM
There will be so many players who will retire after London 2012 ... Serena (?) Venus (?) Kim (?) Justine (?) Patty (?) ... It's gonna be a little boring

bruce goose
Oct 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM
There will be so many players who will retire after London 2012 ... Serena (?) Venus (?) Kim (?) Justine (?) Patty (?) ... It's gonna be a little boringDon't get carried away;let's not forget that there will be new players who step in...tbh,Kim might not even last THAT long judging by her love for children.Jada might even have a baby brother or sister by then:angel:

One more comment about Elena: Non-fans could reasonably accuse me of partiality when I claimed that Elena's Olympic title earned her respect as a champion.Even if some tennis fans refuse to equate the Olympics with a traditional Slam,status-wise,I repeat my challenge for anyone to find a recent Slam draw that was as difficult as what Elena faced when she won Gold....What I really enjoyed yesterday was seeing how many impartial media sources kept referring to her Olympic victory.Obviously,that was considered a MAJOR win in the eyes of the sporting media--NOT just by Lena fans--much more than simply some Premier event on the yearly tennis schedule.As she has done in Moscow...and in Fed Cup play...Elena put her problematic nerves aside and beat the world's best when playing for her country...like a TRUE champion

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Kim.. :o

Stop with all these UEs!!!

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Right?!! Ridiculous!

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hit to her FH Kim! To the FH!@!!!%%@!

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:46 PM
See? Hit to the FH!

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM
Kim.. :o What a weak game now.. hold your serve now!

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Woz and the hand.. :o

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:02 PM
I wish Kim had played this match like the matches she plays agaisnt Serena. All these errors and weak serving is ridiculous! But oh well, at least she's winning...even though I would've liked a beatdown.

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hit to her FH Kim! To the FH!@!!!%%@!

:haha: I can sense your Wozniacki hate is growning :p

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:32 PM
I wish Kim had played this match like the matches she plays agaisnt Serena. All these errors and weak serving is ridiculous! But oh well, at least she's winning...even though I would've liked a beatdown.You are SUCH a playa-hata;why can't you be 'kind' like the Serbian in your banner?:p...or that sweet,gracious Siberian Wimbledon 2004 champion who invited Serena to her engagement party?:p:p

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:42 PM
You are SUCH a playa-hata;why can't you be 'kind' like the Serbian in your banner?:p...or that sweet,gracious Siberian Wimbledon 2004 champion who invited Serena to her engagement party?:p:p

:o :o :o
I'll never have love for the Pusher.

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Look at this shit! Are you kidding me?!!

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Kim let Wozniacki back in big time :rolleyes: she lost her brain, like she has weirdly done at times all year.

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:47 PM
:o :o :o
I'll never have love for the Pusher.Look out!....or you'll become a bitter,old 21-year-old...really,you're starting to get like Ana's ex-Fed Cup teammate:p

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:52 PM
Kim :fiery: :mad: you damn idiot.

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:52 PM
Kim is such shit for this!

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Kim is such shit for this!

I know :rolleyes: I am surprised the rage I'm feeling towards Wozniacki, especially when I see stupid Sven cheering her on.

doni1212
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not even going to watch the 3rd set until the end (only if Kim is winning). I'll talk to you guys later, :wavey:

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM
I'm not even going to watch the 3rd set until the end (only if Kim is winning). I'll talk to you guys later, :wavey:Cheer up,Chocolate Drop:smooch:....You'll feel a lot better when you see Ana win the Bali title...or you could get ready for tonight by watching clips of the Steelers glory years......from the Mark Malone Era:devil::lol:

EDIT:Unlike with Ana,I don't think that Sven can take any credit AT ALL for Caro's success

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM
If on court coaching were allowed at GS Caro would have won at least 1 GS by now. Kim, once a choker always a choker :o:rolleyes: She was 4-1 up in the second only to lose it :tape:
And again she is choking :mad:
edit
Well done Kim but this should have been way easier

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 06:35 PM
finally kim :woohoo:

InsideOut.
Oct 31st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Fuck it Kim :help: I was about to strangle her!

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Fuck it Kim :help: I was about to strangle her!
I know :lol: I was about ready to fly to Doha, I was so mad.

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 10:41 PM
I left home when Kim was leading 6-3 3-1. I'm glad I didn't stay to watch the second set walkabout.. at least she won!

azdaja
Nov 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM
i was pretty confident kim would win even after the epic choke in the second set. overall it was a good match to watch. in 3 months and since i'm out of work i think i've seen more tennis than in the previous 2 years and that even though i was away from home half of the time. that's what the full-time job did to my ability to follow tennis.

i'm glad kim won this championship. and i am not at all negative about caro. i have nothing against the way she plays, but like many others i am really not sure if that can win her really big titles. but then we had grand slam winners that are arguably not as good as her, so who knows.

jiri-nedved
Nov 1st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Has Ana split with her coach?

bruce goose
Nov 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Yes,Jiri,she wanted him to spend more time with her,and Heinz couldn't do that...partly due to family health issues...his mom,I think

On another topic,I'd like to share a re-enactment from Elena's farewell press conference that will illustrate how brilliant some members of the tennis media really are:

Elena: It was a very tough decision to retire.If I were a man,I could keep playing,but it's time for me to do other things in my life.
Reporter: By 'other things',do you mean having children?:crazy:
Elena: No,I hate children.I retired from tennis so that my bf/future husband and I can become astronauts in the Russian Space Program

doni1212
Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM
If on court coaching were allowed at GS Caro would have won at least 1 GS by now. Kim, once a choker always a choker :o:rolleyes: She was 4-1 up in the second only to lose it :tape:
And again she is choking :mad:
edit
Well done Kim but this should have been way easier

Sooooooo true! Thank goodness it's not allowed!

bruce goose
Nov 2nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
Sooooooo true! Thank goodness it's not allowed!Speaking of coaching,I wanna apologize for getting my facts wrong when stating that Wade Phillips was slated to become Ana's fitness coach.It turns out that Wade is a patriotic American and is primed and ready as SERENA'S next strength and conditioning coach in 2011!:D....Of course,she'll have to wait until February after he's led his team to the SB;)

Serena should draw plenty of inspiration from Wade himself since he's in such impeccable physical condition.As an added bonus,he'll be in charge of supervising the maintenance crew at Castle Serena to make sure they sweep all the dangerous shards of glass from the floor........All at NO extra cost!:p.I'll bet you're feeling great about Ree's Slam chances now,huh?:cool:

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hey Bruce, I just remembered (I know this is tennis discussion but still), men's golf must be way worse than ATP. Because Tiger was #1 all throughout that whole cheating scandal where he didn't even play :ignore: and then had poor results upon his return :ignore:.

Cp6uja
Nov 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM

#23 - 2490 Kaia Kanepi
#24 - 2430 Flavia PennettaThanks to fact that Pavlyuchenkova is Ana Ivanovic opponent in R1, with Bali title Ana will finish 2011 at #18 or #19 (depending of Wickmayer result). Dementieva retirement will not have any influence on Ana's ending 2010 ranking because Elena not insist that hers name should to be deleted from rankings immediately, but when we talking about AO seeds it maybe be helpful for Ana to reach 17-24 seed status if lose Bali R1, or even to reach TOP16 seeds status if wins Bali title!

bruce goose
Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hey Bruce, I just remembered (I know this is tennis discussion but still), men's golf must be way worse than ATP. Because Tiger was #1 all throughout that whole cheating scandal where he didn't even play :ignore: and then had poor results upon his return :ignore:.Yeah,you're probably right,Aaron...and as further proof to support your case,look at what a no-talent lowlife is ranked #42....still dropping,of course:p.......I really hope that Bali will switch to a field of 16 next year if they stick with single elimination;the current format is lame,IMO

bruce goose
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Anyone is free to comment...even any Lena-haters...but,ideally,I'd like to hear from folks who neither like nor dislike Elena...fans who can be impartial.

It seems to me that there's been a more emotional outpouring for Elena than there was for Henin in 2008.I'm not blind;there's no comparison in terms of level of on-court success but,honestly,I don't recall such heavy grief when Justine retired...except from her diehard fans,of course.I've seen lots of comments from people who obviously weren't hardcore followers of Elena...yet proclaim how much they'll miss her.I'd say that Mauresmo,too(also more successful at Slams than Lena),didn't have nearly the surge of farewell letters.

Kournikova fans may rationalize that Anna never had a clear-cut retirement announcement,but I doubt it would've made any difference in re which Russian was more loved...even the lovable Clijsters--whom I like VERY much(unlike the other 3 gals)--didn't get this degree of adoration in 2007(perhaps everyone expected a comeback in her case?)....

Anyway,it'd be more scientific to hear from people who can be completely impartial;I'm truly interested in finding out how other fans perceive this

azdaja
Nov 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
i think it's easier to like someone who was never a serious threat :shrug: of course that was not enough, she was probably pleasant enough as a person too, but if she had been a winner it would have been different. plenty of people probably think she deserved a bit more, but never got it, so the feeling of sympathy also plays a role.

i'm fairly neutral about her and that's how i see it.

bruce goose
Nov 9th, 2010, 08:42 PM
i think it's easier to like someone who was never a serious threat :shrug: of course that was not enough, she was probably pleasant enough as a person too, but if she had been a winner it would have been different. plenty of people probably think she deserved a bit more, but never got it, so the feeling of sympathy also plays a role.

i'm fairly neutral about her and that's how i see it.Fair enough:hatoff:

Kabomba
Nov 9th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone is free to comment...even any Lena-haters...but,ideally,I'd like to hear from folks who neither like nor dislike Elena...fans who can be impartial.

It seems to me that there's been a more emotional outpouring for Elena than there was for Henin in 2008.I'm not blind;there's no comparison in terms of level of on-court success but,honestly,I don't recall such heavy grief when Justine retired...except from her diehard fans,of course.I've seen lots of comments from people who obviously weren't hardcore followers of Elena...yet proclaim how much they'll miss her.I'd say that Mauresmo,too(also more successful at Slams than Lena),didn't have nearly the surge of farewell letters.

Kournikova fans may rationalize that Anna never had a clear-cut retirement announcement,but I doubt it would've made any difference in re which Russian was more loved...even the lovable Clijsters--whom I like VERY much(unlike the other 3 gals)--didn't get this degree of adoration in 2007(perhaps everyone expected a comeback in her case?)....

Anyway,it'd be more scientific to hear from people who can be completely impartial;I'm truly interested in finding out how other fans perceive this
I don't post here very often,but I will now,cause I'm one of those who never were fans of Elena,and I even disliked her in one period. :)
To be honest, I almost cried when she announced her retirement. She was cute,and seemed very modest. Maybe that's what prevented her from having an even better career, I don't know. But I realised that I was mostly sorry because all these "old" players were gold compared to this new generation of pushers (that's just my opinion),and they are all retiring,slumping or just not playing. I mean,I was never a fan of Dementieva,but if I knew what kind of players would be the TOP ones now,I would have loved her much more. That's why I am sorry I never liked her,and why I felt sorry after her retirement.

doni1212
Nov 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Gael just beat Fed after Fed had 5 matchpoints!!

Curtos07
Nov 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Serena is officially out of AO. That must be some serious foot injury. AO is wide open now. Maybe Ana can take advantage.

Davodus
Nov 25th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm not even gonna think about the prospect of Ana winning AO :lol: who knows how she'll play with a coachless off season ;) I think Kim will really be focussed to win now, which would be nice...just so long as Sunshine or the other serb don't win...

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 25th, 2010, 09:03 AM
^ Yes, anyone but Sunshine. ;)

gaviotabr
Nov 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM
WOW

Serena out of AO is really bad for tennis.. I miss watching Serena play. :sad:

And it must be a very serious injury for her to pull out so soon. There is almost 2 months until AO, and we all know Serena has a history of late withdrawals. That's so bad. :(

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah poor thing. :sad: The first time she tore the tendon it was the glass, but the second time (and the reason she's out now) is that she tried to return to soon, and ending up overtraining and re-tearing the tendon again.

So the second time was kind of her fault (or the fault of whoever told her she could practice again). But it's still not nice. :(

jelenacg
Nov 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
:eek::eek:
I don`t understand :confused: from a minor injury to this :help:
Missing 2 GSs .Just like Sharapova ,she also missed USO and AO

I think Vika might have a good chance here.She lost to Serena last 2 times but played pretty well .
So Serena ,Elena,maybe even Aga out ...what does this means regarding Ana`s seeding at AO

azdaja
Nov 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
yeah, is ana now a guaranteed top 16 seed?

Davodus
Nov 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I think she could actually be ranked around 20 after the first week, given she is losing 130 points and a lot of people ranked around her are playing points tournaments...so it's not at all set in she will be a top 16 seed. But I'm not too sure on the specifics.

gaviotabr
Nov 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Ana will be seeded in the 17-24 bracket.

She will lose 100 points after the first week of january (130 points from Brisbane will be replaced by 30 points from Rosmalen). With 2500 points, Ana will most probably fall just outside the top 20, at 21, and might even lose another spot or 2 depending on other players results. So even with Serena, Aga and Dementieva not playing, Ana won't get to a top 16 seeding. Would need a couple of wirhdrawals more.

Pity she is not playing a point tournament, even though I like Hopman Cup. If she were to play Auckland or Brisbane she would have a great shot at top 16 seed.

Davodus
Nov 25th, 2010, 01:03 PM
The moral of the story is: play Brisbane :mad: :p

jelenacg
Nov 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Ana will be seeded in the 17-24 bracket.

She will lose 100 points after the first week of january (130 points from Brisbane will be replaced by 30 points from Rosmalen). With 2500 points, Ana will most probably fall just outside the top 20, at 21, and might even lose another spot or 2 depending on other players results. So even with Serena, Aga and Dementieva not playing, Ana won't get to a top 16 seeding. Would need a couple of wirhdrawals more.

Pity she is not playing a point tournament, even though I like Hopman Cup. If she were to play Auckland or Brisbane she would have a great shot at top 16 seed.

Thanks Izzy :)

The moral of the story is: play Brisbane :mad: :p

Sure :lol:

Davodus
Nov 25th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Obviously I'm bitter that she decided not to :p but it would have been beneficial to her ranking to play here! This time the entry list is much easier than last time, she could have done as well if not better :o

jelenacg
Nov 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Obviously I'm bitter that she decided not to :p but it would have been beneficial to her ranking to play here! This time the entry list is much easier than last time, she could have done as well if not better :o

Yes the entry list is much easier this year while Kim plays in Sidney :rolleyes:

Davodus
Nov 25th, 2010, 02:29 PM
No Kim and no Justine :o But there is Bartoli :p But seriously, Ana could have definitely wrapped up a top 16 seed by playing here...I guess since she has always sucked at AO after playing Brisbane, maybe she didn't want that again :p (But that was because of her own form :ras:)

jelenacg
Nov 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
No Kim and no Justine :o But there is Bartoli :p But seriously, Ana could have definitely wrapped up a top 16 seed by playing here...I guess since she has always sucked at AO after playing Brisbane, maybe she didn't want that again :p (But that was because of her own form :ras:)

:lol:
Ofc nothing to do with Brisbane

I`m surprised she is playing both,Hopman cup and Sidney tbh

jelenacg
Nov 27th, 2010, 06:20 PM
What a match between Rafa and Andy :speakles: :worship:
Best one i watched this year .I felt sorry for Andy in the end :awww:
But Rafa :woohoo:

azdaja
Nov 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
i think this will be the most memorable moment of this tournament regardless of what happens:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/reuters/20101126/20/1246491365-26112010205440.jpg

:haha:

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
I just read that Soderling and Magnus Norman have stopped working together. There was someone here who liked Sod, right? Aaron?

I thought this bit of new is pretty shocking.. I mean.. Norman turned Soderling from a mediocre player to a top one. And he did nothing but improve since starting working with Norman.. he just had his best year.. reaching a career high of number 4 and winning a Master Series.

These coaching changes puzzle me sometimes..

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM
I just read that Soderling and Magnus Norman have stopped working together. There was someone here who liked Sod, right? Aaron?

I thought this bit of new is pretty shocking.. I mean.. Norman turned Soderling from a mediocre player to a top one. And he did nothing but improve since starting working with Norman.. he just had his best year.. reaching a career high of number 4 and winning a Master Series.

Yeah that's me. :)

Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by the decision also. :confused:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 1st, 2010, 09:49 PM
Did anyone hear that Grigor Dimitrov (one of the 'future' players of ATP tennis) has been fined for physically attacking an umpire? :tape: It was just a push, but still, not cool. :o Further penalties are possible. Personally I'd give him like, a year-long ban.

Good thing there's also classy young players like Ryan Harrison coming up through the woodworks. :yeah:

Davodus
Dec 2nd, 2010, 12:35 AM

I thought I read Norman ended it to spend more time at home with family...but that might have just been speculation. That makes more sense than Soderling ending it though, because that'd be weird.

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2010, 01:04 AM
I thought I read Norman ended it to spend more time at home with family...but that might have just been speculation. That makes more sense than Soderling ending it though, because that'd be weird.

Yes.. just read that Norman said he didn't want to spend all his time on tour anymore and will try to run a tennis Academy. That makes more sense!

gloria7
Dec 4th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Dirty little war...
Our guys were not ready for this dirty little war .I would not call that a " pressure".I expected from Pilic to prepare boys for that,it's his 6th Davis Cup final for God's sake.And he said nothing or not enough to our team. We've could avoid Ziki's tears at a press conference after the match and Viktor's attack on ITF and all those decisions in French' team favor that were made in contentious moments.
French press has worned their fans and players not to go for a walk while in Belgrade,because "it's not safe".Forget started with that shit 2 months ago,talking about "hostile atmosphere in Arena" so they decided "not to provoke the crowd "...or "Serbian team is weak,they would never play in DC final without Novak" ,or "Pilic is too old,he's in team because of Novak.What he knows about tennis,the last time he played tennis was 50 years ago"..or "Serbs will break mentally under the pressure"...
I do have a problem with Gachassin's interview to "Le Figaro",when he said that the Serbs,as a known racists,will surely insult Monfils on a racial grounds,and when that happens-he will leave Arena(should i say that he denied his own words in an interview to our TV Pink?)Today our reporter Aleksandra Petrovski said ,that Amelie showed the middle finger to her when she asked her for a statement.Some French reporter,with whom Amelie talked,then came to Aleksandra and told her:"Amelie was only joking.It's an inside joke,does not apply to you".And Serbs are primitive? Stupid,yes,i'll admit that.Because no one prepared our boys for this shit.I'm afraid that they learned that lesson too late .
Dealers were selling the tickets today on the street for 100-150 euros.No,thank you.I almost enjoyed watching fat sponsors and their wives,who didn't even show up on time.They were bored and uninterested to applaud.Instead of Ana i saw an US ambassador for,like ,a million times on the screen, and our ministers,pop singers,B-rated actors and payed fans.Which were amateurs in comparison with French fans- well organized group of people who knows when to whistle,when to clap and how to create a good atmosphere.
Bottom line -1)Ziki cried for a first time at a press conference.And his twins celebrated their birthday today,without him.He is also very disappointed with the judges and their decisions,2)Viktor was pissed and he acctually said the names of 2 or 3 line judges "who are kissing ITF ass,hoping to start an international carrer by doing a favour to the French team",3)Monfils,finally said:"Serbs were normal,they cheered for their player like other fans.That kind of atmosphere is normal for the DC matches.The whole situation is the opposite of how Serbs were presented by the French media",4)Our journalist are making the same mistake as British before the Wimbledone -they put their own players under the pressure,instead of the opponent.
As i said,our guys are not prepared for this media circus.And i still have a headache.

<Majmun>
Dec 5th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Dirty little war...
Our guys were not ready for this dirty little war .I would not call that a " pressure".I expected from Pilic to prepare boys for that,it's his 6th Davis Cup final for God's sake.And he said nothing or not enough to our team. We've could avoid Ziki's tears at a press conference after the match and Viktor's attack on ITF and all those decisions in French' team favor that were made in contentious moments.
French press has worned their fans and players not to go for a walk while in Belgrade,because "it's not safe".Forget started with that shit 2 months ago,talking about "hostile atmosphere in Arena" so they decided "not to provoke the crowd "...or "Serbian team is weak,they would never play in DC final without Novak" ,or "Pilic is too old,he's in team because of Novak.What he knows about tennis,the last time he played tennis was 50 years ago"..or "Serbs will break mentally under the pressure"...
I do have a problem with Gachassin's interview to "Le Figaro",when he said that the Serbs,as a known racists,will surely insult Monfils on a racial grounds,and when that happens-he will leave Arena(should i say that he denied his own words in an interview to our TV Pink?)Today our reporter Aleksandra Petrovski said ,that Amelie showed the middle finger to her when she asked her for a statement.Some French reporter,with whom Amelie talked,then came to Aleksandra and told her:"Amelie was only joking.It's an inside joke,does not apply to you".And Serbs are primitive? Stupid,yes,i'll admit that.Because no one prepared our boys for this shit.I'm afraid that they learned that lesson too late .
Dealers were selling the tickets today on the street for 100-150 euros.No,thank you.I almost enjoyed watching fat sponsors and their wives,who didn't even show up on time.They were bored and uninterested to applaud.Instead of Ana i saw an US ambassador for,like ,a million times on the screen, and our ministers,pop singers,B-rated actors and payed fans.Which were amateurs in comparison with French fans- well organized group of people who knows when to whistle,when to clap and how to create a good atmosphere.
Bottom line -1)Ziki cried for a first time at a press conference.And his twins celebrated their birthday today,without him.He is also very disappointed with the judges and their decisions,2)Viktor was pissed and he acctually said the names of 2 or 3 line judges "who are kissing ITF ass,hoping to start an international carrer by doing a favour to the French team",3)Monfils,finally said:"Serbs were normal,they cheered for their player like other fans.That kind of atmosphere is normal for the DC matches.The whole situation is the opposite of how Serbs were presented by the French media",4)Our journalist are making the same mistake as British before the Wimbledone -they put their own players under the pressure,instead of the opponent.
As i said,our guys are not prepared for this media circus.And i still have a headache.

You should make space inbetween paragraphs. It looks like a wall of text.

"I do have a problem with Gachassin's interview to "Le Figaro",when he said that the Serbs,as a known racists,will surely insult Monfils on a racial grounds"

As for Gachassin calling Serbians racist, maybe we should fill the Arena with those thousands of Roma people the French kicked out...it would improve the atmosphere. :angel:

All tho Serbians are so far from politicly correct that sometimes they can mistake it for that and that's not going to change thankfully. It belongs in the west and not in this region.

"our reporter Aleksandra Petrovski said ,that Amelie showed the middle finger to her when she asked her for a statement"

To be fair all the reporters deserve a middle finger so Amelie was in the zone so to speak. She should have showed her the 2nd one for shits and giggles.

"Instead of Ana i saw an US ambassador for,like ,a million times on the screen, and our ministers,pop singers,B-rated actors and payed fans."

Assholes get most attention..its a universal thing

Both their and our media graduated in Disneyland by the looks of it.

azdaja
Dec 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM
i do wonder at what point can we say that saying "people from country x are racist" is a racist prejudice in its own right. i am having a debate about something similar in the thread about the world cup hosts because of the way some people reacted to "racist" russia being chosen for 2018.

<Majmun>
Dec 5th, 2010, 02:30 PM
i do wonder at what point can we say that saying "people from country x are racist" is a racist prejudice in its own right. i am having a debate about something similar in the thread about the world cup hosts because of the way some people to "racist" russia being chosen for 2018.

There is no point at which it stops, that's why you just ignore it and let them mumble all they want because it's your attention they are after and you make sure you never give it to them.

Name calling only works if the other person is listening or they let it get to them. If you ignore them they get pissed off.

Which is why West in general never had any success in reforming Middle East, because by large nobody gives a crap what West says and it pisses them off to no avail.

I think after 500 years of screwing up world West after the 2nd world war went on the moral crusade but forgot to take into the account that moral crusade should have stayed within their borders.

They were the ones looking for redemption to take the racist/imperial tag off their back not us, because we were too busy fighting for our own rights in the Ottoman Empire instead of going around screwing up the world.

If they are so moral and claim the high ground let them look at their history and today's reality and it will shut them up. Serbia or Russia are not the ones with 150 bases around the world and fighting 2 wars overseas.

I rather they march up and down in NAZI uniform in Washington and call me names, but don't bomb me or put sanctions on me. Instead they do the opposite.

Words hurt but are only words at the end of the day, bombs and sanctions are a different thing.

I guess for them everything outside of American mindset/culture is racist,etc... Problem is the one who they are accusing that off, have been around longer then them and have been mixing with other people and cultures way before their countries came into the effect.

I don't want to sound like a West basher if you notice from my post there is no love lost there, but they do have good points sometimes. Only problem is they keep accusing you of so many things all the time, that when they actually do have a point it's lost among other crap they accuse you off.

Because in your head you think:

"Ah great here comes the moral West Crusader... What is it this time they're going to accuse me off?....Did i feed my dog the wrong kind of meat?....Did I forget to send those 100 troops they wanted me to send to Afghanistan to fight for them?.... even though we want notting to do with NATO or Afghanistan.... Did I flush the toilet too many times and some hippie got pissed off in the process?"

You get my point?

I guess in short.... answer to you question would be:

There won't be any magical moment in time in which we can say "people from this country x are racist" is a racist prejudice in its own right, because world doesn't work like that.
There is no magical meeting in which everyone sits together and says "ok from now on we can say that everyone from this country is not racist and if you call them that, you are racist as well".

World is full of stupid people but is also full of smart people. Only problem is the former outnumbers the other...unfortunately. So don't let it get to you.

jelenacg
Dec 5th, 2010, 06:50 PM
So proud and happy :worship::hearts::worship:
Well done guys

VqqGb9bL9Vc

azdaja
Dec 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM
i actually saw the last set of the troicki match. who would have expected him to cruise past loldra like he did.

well, done serbia! :yeah: serbian davis cup team showed what true team spirit means. their fed cup team could learn something from this.

as for the supposed racism and violence, people should learn that serbian football hooligans tend to show up for football (duh) games and unfortunately for some political meetings and that they are a huge pain in the ass for most serbians as much as for anyone else. the atmosphere in the belgrade arena looked good.

Dexter
Dec 5th, 2010, 09:58 PM
:unsure: @ Nole going bold... Must've been some bet, I guess.
WD to Serbia, though I wanted France to win.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 30th, 2010, 07:11 AM
As usual for doing absolutely nothing Dokic gets WCs for Brisbane, Sydney and the Australian Open. :rolleyes:

I have nothing against her but I don't think she deserves free rides year after year. She hasn't had a major injury during 2010...why not make her earn it for once? :shrug:

Davodus
Dec 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
She spent the entire post USO months training with a new coach after winning 3 consecutive challengers...I think also since the AO 09 brought in so much exposure and interest to Australia and Australian tennis they are kind of repaying her for that...I'm not sure if she came back next year asking for wildcards that she'd get them.

gaviotabr
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
OMG.. anyone watching the Sydney final?

This is the worst I've seen Kim play.. in like.. forever.. since her comeback. Awful. Can she play like this if she meets Ana at AO? :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm watching :tape: It's DISGUSTING :help:

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Kim was up 5-1 in set 1 I believe. :tape: Good for Ana's prospects perhaps. :D

InsideOut.
Kim exposes herself as a one-dimensional ballbasher with this horrific final :help: She falls to 7th on my faves list :tape:

InsideOut.
Kim was up 5-1 in set 1 I believe. :tape: Good for Ana's prospects perhaps. :D

5-0 30-15* :tape:

gaviotabr
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
5-0 30-15* :tape:

What a choke!

I started watching a bit before the tie break.. awful, awful from Kim. She never played like this against Ana though.. :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Though I must say, even at the start Kim was patchy at best. She had a few good rallies but Na was hitting it all over the place. Then Kim decided she wanted to be even worse so :tape: