PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The 2nd Law
Sep 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
I seriously can`t believe what happened to Vika :tape::tape: I hope she is ok
This is just horrible,is it really that hot in New York ??

I know, I don't even think I've seen that happen in Melbourne. I think it must be the humidity in NY, because the AO has on average at least one day that's hotter than it is in NY today every year, but ours is dry heat.

gaviotabr
Sep 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
I seriously can`t believe what happened to Vika :tape::tape: I hope she is ok
This is just horrible,is it really that hot in New York ??

I can't believe either.. So worrying.. Look at this:

PxkGxV4SIjY

Why is she playing in black with all this heat though? Crazy..

jelenacg
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I know, I don't even think I've seen that happen in Melbourne. I think it must be the humidity in NY, because the AO has on average at least one day that's hotter than it is in NY today every year, but ours is dry heat.

That`s probably it. Last year rain ,this year heat :tape:
I can't believe either.. So worrying.. Look at this:

Why is she playing in black with all this heat though? Crazy..

I read it was supposed to be Serena`s dress ,but still black :rolleyes:
I didn`t even see it ,i was just reading about in on twitter when my aunt called to ask me what happened to Vika.Woman got scared when she saw Vika collapsing on court :tape:

gaviotabr
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
That`s probably it. Last year rain ,this year heat :tape:

I read it was supposed to be Serena`s dress ,but still black :rolleyes:
I didn`t even see it ,i was just reading about in on twitter when my aunt called to ask me what happened to Vika.Woman got scared when she saw Vika collapsing on court :tape:

It was supposed to be Serena's night dress.. Serena had another dress for day session. It's crazy to play in black with this heat.

I'm worried about Vika.. awful to see someone collapse like this.. :help:

Adrian1092
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:37 PM
:lol: @ the sound on the vid you posted Izzy :rolls:
But seriously, I hope she's OK. According to FortyDeuce on twitter, Vika was taken to hospital :sad:

Adrian1092
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
:rolls: Marion is 4*-5 and just saved set points.... funny how she keeps shouting ALLEZ and KMONNN in Razzano's face :lol:

Tennis90
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
That was awful to see.Poor Vika,I hope she's going to be ok.It seems that conditions to play are terrible.
I'm glad Ana managed to finish her match so quickly :)

I hope Razzano wins.It's going to be tough either way but if Ana manages to perform this good anything can happen.
Impossible is nothing remember :)
D in NY! :D

gaviotabr
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:07 PM
:rolls: Marion is 4*-5 and just saved set points.... funny how she keeps shouting ALLEZ and KMONNN in Razzano's face :lol:

Wow.. I was watching it for a while.. and Bartoli had *4-1. There is no love lost between these two.. anyone remember Eastbourne last year? :spit:

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM
With Marion's level of fitness--actually NON-fitness--it'll be a miracle if she survives this heat:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:30 PM
With Marion's level of fitness--actually NON-fitness--it'll be a miracle if she survives this heat:rolleyes:

I was thinking about that... it must be the heat..

jelenacg
Sep 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Some people really have cake draws. :rolleyes: Look at Schiavone ,first opponent complete mug and her todays opponent is not much better.Girl will be in 3R without even breaking a sweat :o
On the other hand Masha`s first round opponent was so scary last night and played so well. Also Ana`s opponents haven`t been complete mugs either

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:35 PM
Aye like Venus just a little bit...not a ton...but she has to stay alive otherwise Schiavone has an embarassing cupcake draw all the way to the semis:eek:.Nothing personal,Fran,but you had your inerasable,feel-good moment at RG....we don't owe you any more:lol:....

If Elena manages to win the title,then she and Maxim will drink champagne from the trophy at the wedding party next year....It IS cup-shaped,isn't it??:p

gaviotabr
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM
Some people really have cake draws. :rolleyes: Look at Schiavone ,first opponent complete mug and her todays opponent is not much better.Girl will be in 3R without even breaking a sweat :o
On the other hand Masha`s first round opponent was so scary last night and played so well. Also Ana`s opponents haven`t been complete mugs either

Yes.. Venus also had a tough match today. Some have such cup cake draws...

Pops Maellard
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
So far no clear favourites have announced themselves. :lol:

Ana's one of the most on-fire players probably. :lol: Who'dve thought that when the tournament started? :p

jelenacg
Sep 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM
Yes.. Venus also had a tough match today. Some have such cup cake draws...

Yeah first set was tough
Oudin lost ,i can`t say i`m sorry but it`s not her fault that American media was so boring talking about her and many people wanted her to lose only bc of that .She got so many haters and the girl did nothing
Courage written on shoes doesn`t help either :lol: Maybe next year they will return to `believe` once again

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Oh my.. the girl who is playing Wozniacki now.. she can't even get two balls on court.. This is SO going to be a double bagel!

Davodus
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Is she the girl Ana played at RG in R1?

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Is she the girl Ana played at RG in R1?

Yes, it's her.. but if you thought she played awful there, it was even worse today. Not even 2 balls in a row on court. :spit:

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Oh my.. the girl who is playing Wozniacki now.. she can't even get two balls on court.. This is SO going to be a double bagel!

Double bagel it is. I don't even know how it lasted 42 minutes.. there were no rallies, no nothing, just UEs from Chang. :spit:

Davodus
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yes, it's her.. but if you thought she played awful there, it was even worse today. Not even 2 balls in a row on court. :spit:

:lol: Wow, I saw the end and she was hitting some shots so far long, like 3-4m long. And this girl beat Safina when she was number 1 :lol: She must be so embarrassed right now.

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
:lol: Wow, I saw the end and she was hitting some shots so far long, like 3-4m long. And this girl beat Safina when she was number 1 :lol: She must be so embarrassed right now.

She must have played better to beat Safina, right? :spit:

It was just awful today.. I think I can play better.. :lol:

jelenacg
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
I never thought you can double bagel someone with 7 winners :weirdo:

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I never thought you can double bagel someone with 7 winners :weirdo:

You can if your opponent makes 26 UEs + 7 DFs in 12 games. :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
What an awful match between JJ and Lucic.. bad tennis throughout.

jelenacg
Sep 2nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
What an awful match between JJ and Lucic.. bad tennis throughout.

Awful ,JJ is just waiting to get crushed :lol:
Lucic, what a headcase :lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:14 PM

OMG, was she worse than Chelsey Gullickson? :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:19 PM
OMG, was she worse than Chelsey Gullickson? :lol:

Chelsey Gullickson is the new Serena Williams compared to Kai-Chen Chang today. :spit:

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Chelsey Gullickson is the new Serena Williams compared to Kai-Chen Chang today. :spit:

I wasn't expecting a double bagel, considering she did alright against Caro at Wimbledon. Maybe her plan was to try and overpower her the same way Kvitova did at Wimbledon which is very hard to do. :tape:

jelenacg
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
TipsarevicJanko

RT @Azure_Aurora @tipsarevicjanko Q. How much do you know about [Tipsarevic's] game? JELENA JANKOVIC: Can I please talk about myself?Lame?

I guess Janko heard what she said:haha:
No wonder she wasn`t invited at that dinner in Cincinnati :lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
^ Um, what? :unsure::tape:

jelenacg
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
^ Um, what? :unsure::tape:

JJ an idiot :shrug:

Come on Andrea

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM

Come on Andrea

:lol:

Davodus
Sep 3rd, 2010, 01:38 AM

:haha: as usual

Curtos07
Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
:lol: Nole's post match interview on ESPN last night with Brad Gilbert.

LFyUifWNbUU

Went on to say..."I am not showing you it tonight." :lol:

Then there was this from after Tuesday's match against Troicki. :spit:

jcStTtXw1EM

Curtos07
Sep 3rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Anybody watching the Venus match? WTF is that dress she is wearing? :eek: :lol: It's all sparkly.

jelenacg
Sep 3rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
I like Venus but seriously just stick to tennis girl
Spider dress :lol: She is trying to beat Petrova

doni1212
Sep 4th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I love the outfit!!!

Pops Maellard
Sep 4th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Venus' dresses are interesting, I like them. :p

Pops Maellard
Sep 4th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Wow, Fran's tweener shot. It was pretty good. Too bad it wasn't a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cLXeS14kM

doni1212
Sep 4th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Ummm...you actually posted a Elton John song. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 4th, 2010, 04:07 AM
OMG. :spit: You just got Elton-rolled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlaC9lBqfeY

Here's the real one. :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM
It's really windy at Ashe today..

I'm watching Jankovic x Kanepi on TV, and JJ is struggling mightly with the wind. It's funny.. she doesn't strike me as the kind of player to have so much trouble with wind.

gaviotabr
Sep 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I hope it's not this windy tomorrow... :scared:

jelenacg
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
It's really windy at Ashe today..

I'm watching Jankovic x Kanepi on TV, and JJ is struggling mightly with the wind. It's funny.. she doesn't strike me as the kind of player to have so much trouble with wind.

That`s bc her whole game sucks atm .She really should not have problems with wind,maybe only while serving
Did you see that one serve into the crowd :lol:
Kanepi is such a choker :o ,JJ kept on serving 70mph serve in the middle of the court ,but no way Kaia would dare to attack them
Thank God Ana didn`t play today :scared: Hopefully it will be less windy tomorrow

Dexter
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Can't say I'm sad that Janković lost as I like Kanepi quite a lot, but I'm shocked she lost it given the circumstances. She shouldn't mind the wind that much... She should've rolled over Kanepi after coming back from a break down. Baffling, good result nonetheless.

InsideOut.
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/New_York.html

The wind should peak tonight at around 35 mph :unsure: But tomorrow is calmer, 10 to 15 mph in the day and 5 to 10 mph at night :)

Curtos07
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM

The wind should peak tonight at around 35 mph :unsure: But tomorrow is calmer, 10 to 15 mph in the day and 5 to 10 mph at night :)

As long as it's calm tomorrow. Do not want a repeat of 2009 IW finals. :unsure: :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Sep 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM

10 to 15 mph is what she faced in her match against Jie and yesterday against Razzano. It's doable.. today has been really worse than that.

gaviotabr
Sep 4th, 2010, 09:41 PM
That`s bc her whole game sucks atm .She really should not have problems with wind,maybe only while serving
Did you see that one serve into the crowd :lol:
Kanepi is such a choker :o ,JJ kept on serving 70mph serve in the middle of the court ,but no way Kaia would dare to attack them

Thank God Ana didn`t play today :scared: Hopefully it will be less windy tomorrow

I was actually surprised JJ didn't allow Kanepi to complete the choke job, because she was definitely ready to fold. :spit: It was a pretty bad match..

And yes.. thank god Ana didn't play today.. I still have nightmares with IW final 2009. :tape:

Can't say I'm sad that Janković lost as I like Kanepi quite a lot, but I'm shocked she lost it given the circumstances. She shouldn't mind the wind that much... She should've rolled over Kanepi after coming back from a break down. Baffling, good result nonetheless.

I was also surprised..

Now thinking about it... such a pity Ana isn't in this quarter of the draw.. :sobbing: If she was I could easily see her at least making a semi final here. Ana showed better tennis than anyone on this quarter, and against quality opposition. Ana is due to some major wave of luck.

jelenacg
Sep 4th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I was actually surprised JJ didn't allow Kanepi to complete the choke job, because she was definitely ready to fold. :spit: It was a pretty bad match...

That`s bc she is great how they call it `behind player.When she is losing and she has to chase the score she is very good.She plays freely,no pressure...nothing to lose
But when she is up and in good position to actually win sets ,matches she folds ,that`s when she is having problems
Tbh these kind of players usually annoy me ,no matter if it`s JJ or someone else .They are great when they are down and they can play so freely making a come back ,but the minute they have a lead and the pressure in on them ,they are acting like `cowards`

Vikapower
Sep 5th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I always pass on Ana's forum and read to never post but I'll just say that it'd be preferable if when Ana plays to be windy because Kimmie is a player the littlest thing that interfers her timing can make her game go wild e.g bad bounces, trajectory deviations... just wonder why she hasn't done well on clay and on grass. Kimmie also has a very very hard time adjusting her game to all these stubborn in keeping her unique flatstriking. Zvo could change plan A in junkballing like in IW but Kimmie persists and dies with her plan A. :wavey:

doni1212
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:57 AM
As long as it's calm tomorrow. Do not want a repeat of 2009 IW finals. :unsure: :sobbing:

Ugh! Don't remind me of that match, :o

bruce goose
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Ugh! Don't remind me of that match, :oYeah,those bad-weather days can wreak havoc on sports results.Indian Wells wasn't the only sporting event in 2009 when a defending champion was affected by the weather and had an embarrassing loss to a lesser opponent.....but I won't mention the OTHER event that stands out in my mind:angel:....cuz it might be considered "off-topic";)

bruce goose
Sep 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
It might be a moot point b/c,even though Elena is 4-1 H2H,most of those wins came against the 'old' Stosur...but,if Elena beats Sammy,does she have ANY realistic shot vs. Kim?She's beaten her three times...and lost eleven:eek:....they've only played once in four years,and that was at 2006 YEC.I won't be angry and badmouth any posters who feel that Lena has no chance in hell...as long as y'all stay away from nasty personal slights on Lena:angel:...

Do you suppose Schiavone is cheering for Peer?:lol:....She's 1-3 vs. Shahar,but OH-AND-SEVEN against Vee...with most all of those seven losses being non-competitive...

Cibulkova is the only player in the last 16 who hasn't won a title ever...don't picture that changing this week:p

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Here's a question for you faithful ATP followers:Is J.Isner,Mr.Marathon Crap Tennis,popular amongst non-American tennis fans?Do people actually like him in appreciable numbers?I'm guessing that some of the male players like him b/c he's so stupid that you can insult him without his even realizing it...the kinda guy they can mentally manipulate easily and play jokes on.For example,I could see Nando pulling Isner aside in Madrid and telling him:

FV: Hey,John,if you wanna make a good impression on the tournament director on behalf of the other Americans,go over and tell him,'Los norteamericanos creen que tu esposa es una zorra que ha cogido miles de varones'.
JI: :confused:What does THAT mean?
FV: It means,'You're an excellent director and all the U.S. players respect you.'
JI: :D Uhh-kay,I'll go tell him that right now
FV and buddies: :lol::lol::lol:.....

JI: (re-stating his 'respectful compliment')blah,blah,blah....
Director: Hach--TOOEY!(spits in Isner's face)
FV and crew: :haha::haha::haha:
JI: Guys,I don't understand:confused::confused:....He just spit in my face:eek:
FV: (in between chuckles)....no,no,don't worry,John,it's a local tradition here in Madrid where we spit in foreigner's faces to say,'Welcome'
JI: Wellll.....uh-kayyyyy....if you say so...but I better go wipe my face off in the bathroom mirror
FV: Yeah,why don't you do that.....burro retrasado
JI: Huh??What's THAT?
FV: Oh,that's nothing;'burro retrasado' means you're a nice guy
JI: Gee,thanks,Nando:D....I'll tell the director THAT,too
FV: Okay,good luck with that
JI: Okay,bye:wavey:
FV and crew: :haha::haha::haha:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 03:09 AM
why can't ana run around her BH like stosur? stosur hardly use her BH...

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 03:25 AM
what happened to dementieva's serve? she's using a horrible motion... she's not going to hold many times with that...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Dementieva's choking abilities never cease to amaze me.

4 MPs wasted against Stosur. 4...

Pops Maellard
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Oh Lena. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:29 AM
And Stosur wastes a MP of her own. Third set tie break here we go.

It is refreshing to see two players playing to win though.. even with the MPs wasted, they are fighting.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:33 AM
OMG crazy match... so many MPs squandered by dementieva:tape: she should really think about going for it instead of waiting for errors on MPs:help:

now it's battle of the chokers:o

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Stosur wins. Demi is such a choker..

It will be interesting to see Stosur playing Clijsters.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:43 AM
WOW!! IN--FUCKING--CREDIBLE!!!!!!! There's only one thing that's even REMOTELY tolerable about this loss...and that's that Lena had no stinking chance in hell of beating Kim...so why bother facing the embarrassment.Lena had an open court on that first MP...and...just...Fucking....missed it....Plain and simple.

Well,she DID win her Gold Medal and will always be an Olympic Queen:cool:...but I would've liked her final Slam before marriage/motherhood to end on a more dignified note(sigh......).Thanks for the memories,Miss Elena:hearts::wavey:....Can't wait 'til you start coaching the next Blonde Goddess:)

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Stosur wins. Demi is such a choker..

It will be interesting to see Stosur playing Clijsters.

great match, but really i feel bad for vera dementieva, she was crying almost... dementieva is ridiculous, to fight so hard and then have her shots totally break down in the TB... no sense. I much prefer ana tanking to this, i would not be able to handle it:o

Also on MP she needs to go for it, she can't always wait for the error, if the opponent has balls they won't make the error on MP down but will actually go for it and win it.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:47 AM
i so hope stosur wins now, i totally dislike fake kim now:o

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:50 AM
great match, but really i feel bad for vera dementieva, she was crying almost... dementieva is ridiculous, to fight so hard and then have her shots totally break down in the TB... no sense. I much prefer ana tanking to this, i would not be able to handle it:o

Also on MP she needs to go for it, she can't always wait for the error, if the opponent has balls they won't make the error on MP down but will actually go for it and win it.

Agreed 100%.

I also prefer Ana tanking.. :spit: I guess I can even thank Ana for tanking, since she was never there with the mentality to win the match anyway.. might as well make it fast like a needle sting. To go over 2 hours, have 4 match points, and then fall apart is a lot more painful.

The bottom half of the draw actually held seedings. It's 2-5 and 3-6 fighting it out.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
i so hope stosur wins now, i totally dislike fake kim now:oYou're Italian;you should be used to phony people:lol::lol::lol:....Your accusations against Kim are gravely lacking in credibility,Luca...not that it matters much...it was an Ana loss regardless

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
i so hope stosur wins now, i totally dislike fake kim now:o

Why fake Kim?

And I think she has a chance.. if she can serve lights out. We know Stosur will walk on court to win.. unlike any opponent Kim has faced so far.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Why fake Kim?

And I think she has a chance.. if she can serve lights out. We know Stosur will walk on court to win.. unlike any opponent Kim has faced so far.Stosur is one of Kim's bitches...and Stosur is like Marion in the sense that she seems to keep getting owned once bondage is established.Honestly,though,I don't care who wins....Elena was bound to blow it so no hard feelings towards Sammy

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Why fake Kim?

And I think she has a chance.. if she can serve lights out. We know Stosur will walk on court to win.. unlike any opponent Kim has faced so far.

because i didn't like how she played ana before the match and then went on to talk about her mental weakness... but it doesn't matter.
I also think stosur has a chance, at least judging from her fight against Serena and Justine at the FO.

And Bruce Italians are not phoney or fake, we are everything but that...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM
because i didn't like how she played ana before the match and then went on to talk about her mental weakness... but it doesn't matter.
I also think stosur has a chance, at least judging from her fight against Serena and Justine at the FO.

And Bruce Italians are not phoney or fake, we are everything but that...

Kim did what she had to do really.. Ana was the one who should not get so moved by before match compliments, and should ALWAYS walk on court to win, not to relax and enjoy (her words...). Sticking with Ana as much as posible to give her chance to doubt is a very legit match strategy.. I would try to do that.. it's up to Ana to be there to win and not doubt it. :shrug:

The USO surface definitely benefits Kim. But Stosur will walk on court to win, and if Kim blinks she might just do that, like she did it against Justine and Serena at RG. They played this year in Miami, and it was 2 tough sets.. 6-3 7-5 for Kim. We'll see.. I'm interested in that match.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:16 AM

And Bruce Italians are not phoney or fake, we are everything but that...Luca,you're the only race on the planet that makes Mexicans and Argentines seem honest by comparison:lol:....I think your conspiracy theory is pretty puny,too.....All those phone calls and time spent together,over several months,was all part of a big scheme b/c Kim was scared of Ana??:haha:.....That's pretty pathetic,Luca,but you're welcome to believe it:hatoff:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Kim did what she had to do really.. Ana was the one who should not get so moved by before match compliments, and should ALWAYS walk on court to win, not to relax and enjoy (her words...). Sticking with Ana as much as posible to give her chance to doubt is a very legit match strategy.. I would try to do that.. it's up to Ana to be there to win and not doubt it. :shrug:

The USO surface definitely benefits Kim. But Stosur will walk on court to win, and if Kim blinks she might just do that, like she did it against Justine and Serena at RG. They played this year in Miami, and it was 2 tough sets.. 6-3 7-5 for Kim. We'll see.. I'm interested in that match.

i think that was unnecessary of her to say that... and as a strategy, i would just say "i went to play my best tennis and that's what counts" or something similar, even if she actually wanted and planned for ana to self-destruct... i don't think a true friend would say that to the press after a match she won. I never hear Serena or Venus (for example after Venus beat Safina 6-1 6-0) talking in these terms, they always says how she played better than the opponent and talk about themselves, don't go saying "she played crap" or "she choked and self-destructed".

To me it's totally tasteless, it's a friendship i would want to cut right away because nothing good will come from it.

Not to mention i dislike her tweets where she plays friend of everyone and anything and writes things that look so shallow and half-assed.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
i think that was unnecessary of her to say that... and as a strategy, i would just say "i went to play my best tennis and that's what counts" or something similar, even if she actually wanted and planned for ana to self-destruct... i don't think a true friend would say that to the press after a match she won. I never hear Serena or Venus (for example after Venus beat Safina 6-1 6-0) talking in these terms, they always says how she played better than the opponent and talk about themselves, don't go saying "she played crap" or "she choked and self-destructed".

To me it's totally tasteless, it's a friendship i would want to cut right away because nothing good will come from it.

Not to mention i dislike her tweets where she plays friend of everyone and anything and writes things that look so shallow and half-assed.

I understand your reasoning.. but I think there are no such things as friends once you step on a court. Ana should learn that as well. Because I think she still makes a difference between a friend and someone random as an opponent on a match, and she shouldn't.

I'm going to bed now.. should have been sleeping for hours now.. :lol: Good night!

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I understand your reasoning.. but I think there are no such things as friends once you step on a court. Ana should learn that as well. Because I think she still makes a difference between a friend and someone random as an opponent on a match, and she shouldn't.

I'm going to bed now.. should have been sleeping for hours now.. :lol: Good night!

yes me too, good night Izzy!:wavey:

and yes of course ana is the one to blame for being so subdued... hopefully she'll learn at some point and just stop caring...

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Sorry,but I had an Italian boss when lived in Baltimore and:haha::haha::haha:...and he would do MUCH worse than those 'hideous crimes' that Kim is "guilty" of....Okay,Luca,maybe you're the one honest Italian guy on the planet,but your claims of phoniness are such bulls--t when I've seen SOOO much worse on a daily basis from the Italians I've known.....I still wonder what Kim's advantage was when she already KNOWS Ana's weaknesses which are plain as day to casual observers....Maybe you didn't consider that aspect of your conspiracy research:lol:

Davodus
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:38 AM

I don't think Kim made any illusions going into the match at all. She said she considered Ana a friend, and I'm sure she still does. I also don't think she said she was trying to make Ana self-destruct..she said she wanted to make Ana doubt her shots because she herself got everything back and turned defense into attack so well. That's what Kim does to everyone, and it has nothing to do with their past sucking. You could be totally confident and Kim could do that to you, I mean she did it to Serena and Venus last year. It's one of Kim's main weapons, and that's what she was talking about. Kim also makes no illusions about the fact that when she goes on court, she is playing to win, irrespective of who is on the other side of the court. Like Izzy said, Ana needs to do that too, because there are no friends when you are on court. I think Kim is anything but shallow and half-assed :shrug: She's easily one of the nicest players ever.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I don't think Kim made any illusions going into the match at all. She said she considered Ana a friend, and I'm sure she still does. I also don't think she said she was trying to make Ana self-destruct..she said she wanted to make Ana doubt her shots because she herself got everything back and turned defense into attack so well. That's what Kim does to everyone, and it has nothing to do with their past sucking. You could be totally confident and Kim could do that to you, I mean she did it to Serena and Venus last year. It's one of Kim's main weapons, and that's what she was talking about. Kim also makes no illusions about the fact that when she goes on court, she is playing to win, irrespective of who is on the other side of the court. Like Izzy said, Ana needs to do that too, because there are no friends when you are on court. I think Kim is anything but shallow and half-assed :shrug: She's easily one of the nicest players ever.Yeah,you're totally right(even if you have me on 'ignore':lol:)....that's why Ana is drawn to her;they're kindred spirits....You don't see Ana:angel: hanging around Golovin,Razzano or various other putas

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
sorry guys i forgot there are kim fans here... i actually like her (not her tweets:tape::lol:) but sometimes i think she is trying to be a bit too nice to be true... but anyways I'm done talking about her, good luck to her i'm sure she'll do amazing;)

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
sorry guys i forgot there are kim fans here... i actually like her (not her tweets:tape::lol:) but sometimes i think she is trying to be a bit too nice to be true... but anyways I'm done talking about her, good luck to her i'm sure she'll do amazing;)NOW you're making sense....I agree that,sometimes,people like Kim try so hard to be nice and respectful to everyone that their politeness comes across sort of awkwardly--almost forced....but we see the evidence of how she has been with Ana;in Ana's own words,one of the only people who supported her...and Ana:angel: wouldn't be so drawn to another female who didn't have similar,sweet characteristics

HowardH
Sep 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Kim is a really nice girl, but she also knows how to ramp up the intensity oncourt. The two things don't contradict each other at all. She does feel for Ana, and sympathises with Ana's struggles, and believes that Ana should be achieving more, but when she plays her she absolutely 100% wants to win, and does what it takes to do it. Kim knows it doesn't make her a bad friend or anything when she tries her best to win, she's just being a good tennis player, and trying your best to win is also a way of showing respect to the opponent. Ana on the other hand seems to get a little confused about things like this.

I hope Kim keeps going in the draw. I think if she plays reasonably well she will beat Sam. Sam comes across as tough and macho, and her game can hold up pretty well under pressure, but I always get the feeling she's actually a softie inside, not necessarily a bad thing unless you're a tennis player. When she takes her sunglasses off I always feel her eyes betray inner nervousness. She does a good job keeping that in check and forcing herself to keep going for shots, in my opinion. She definitely wills herself on, and she's trying her best to win, but sometimes I feel like she gets really tight. She became a lot better at handling that in the last couple of years though.

I think Kim will be able to take advantage of Sam's weaker bh and movement. Sam would need Kim to serve badly to have a chance. Which might happen, but I think it's more likely that Kim will have the answers. Sam's kick serve will probably be less effective against Kim than it was against Elena, too, she'll have to bring out the flatter bomb to bother Kim at all. I also feel when Sam slices her bh, Kim will take over the point more effectively than Elena did today. Elena seemed a little uncomfortable really driving through the slice, but I think Kim will be able to.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Kuzzy... :banghead:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Cibulkova is playing well but Kuznetsova is out of it...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cibulkova is playing well but Kuznetsova is out of it...

Kuzzy had about 4 chances to go up 5-2 in the first set.. wasted.. and then her brain went for a walk outside the court. :o

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Kuzzy looks a bit like Ana, pissed-off/bored/not wanting to be there/not bothered... I'll never understand this behavior in a slam:o

Cibulkova's box is so loud:tape:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Kuzzy looks a bit like Ana, pissed-off/bored/not wanting to be there/not bothered... I'll never understand this behavior in a slam:o

Cibulkova's box is so loud:tape:

Yes.. Kuzzy is so out of it.. I also don't understand being so flat in a slam.. :o

Cibulkova is about to make a slam QF, they should be loud.. I mean.. it doesn't happen everyday in her life..

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Cibulkova is playing amazing, i'm impressed!

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Cibulkova serving for the match.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Cibulkova serving for the match.

Couldn't do it, missed 2 MPs. Kuzzy to serve to stay in it.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
yes Cibu choked a little bit but Kuzzy is playing better... might be a turn of events? Crazy matches this year at the US Open:lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM
yes Cibu choked a little bit but Kuzzy is playing better... might be a turn of events? Crazy matches this year at the US Open:lol:

Kuzzy went completely off right now... oh my.. awful..

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Cibulkova wins.. pretty bad match though...

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Kuzzy went completely off right now... oh my.. awful..

same as dementieva... save match points to lose the TB badly... senseless:help: sharapova/wozniacki has a bye to the final now...

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Folks,I'll admit that it's ONLY speculation but....could drugs be a factor here?Sveta has always struck me as being a bit spacy...and it's bizarre that she'd be so unmotivated when facing a relatively easy opponent with a shot at a Slam QF....Just wondering

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM
same as dementieva... save match points to lose the TB badly... senseless:help: sharapova/wozniacki has a bye to the final now...

Yes.. whoever wins that match can see herself in the final already. :o

Pity Ana wasn't on the top half of the draw.. could've made a QF.. :o

InsideOut.
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
If Ana had drawn Li Na in fourth round instead :o That would have been Cibulkova, and she could be in QF against Wozniacki...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
If Ana had drawn Li Na in fourth round instead :o That would have been Cibulkova, and she could be in QF against Wozniacki...

Ana got the worst draw.. :sobbing: Reminds me of 2007.. :o

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:37 PM

even better, in JJ quarter... she could have made the semis... the quarter is ridiculous:o

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Let me re-state that I'm not accusing Sveta of anything...it's just that erratic behavior/mood swings/lack of motivation ARE common characteristics of narcotics abusers.....Maybe Svet is totally,100% clean....she just seems more likely to fall into that,IMO,than certain other gals:shrug:

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yes.. whoever wins that match can see herself in the final already. :o

Pity Ana wasn't on the top half of the draw.. could've made a QF.. :oLet's not forget Schiavone's cupcake draw to the QFs....Ana could've done something THERE,too....Pavly was in her first ever Slam 4th Round vs. Fran....and it showed...the rest of Fran's draw has been laughable...but the Fun Times are over for her;Venus up next---arrivaderci,Fran

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Let me re-state that I'm not accusing Sveta of anything...it's just that erratic behavior/mood swings/lack of motivation ARE common characteristics of narcotics abusers.....Maybe Svet is totally,100% clean....she just seems more likely to fall into that,IMO,than certain other gals:shrug:

i think she is just moody and brainless... many Russians are like that, and also Ana:o

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 05:50 PM
i think she is just moody and brainless... many Russians are like that, and also Ana:oYeah,maybe that's all it is:lol:....Did I spell 'arrivaderci' correctly?Or is it with an 'E',like 'arrivederci'?

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
yes its arrivederci, correct;)

I can't wait for wozniacki-sharapova so i can go on with my life today! :lol:
it better be a great match with all the hype...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM

I think I won't be able to watch it, unless Djokovic-Fish is a 5 setter. I have tennis practice now and will only be back in over a couple of hours.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think I won't be able to watch it, unless Djokovic-Fish is a 5 setter. I have tennis practice now and will only be back in over a couple of hours.

that's good for you, always better play than watch:p

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM

I`m also very interested in this match.Main reason i want Maria to win but tbh i want to see what is Caro capable of finally

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM
omg 3 dfs in a row for sharapova:tape::help:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
sharapova is pushing now

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM
omg 3 dfs in a row for sharapova:tape::help:

I know :sad:
Caro so far is serving better ,she had 5,6 service winners and Maria had 0

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:23 PM
sharapova is unraveling ana like here... wait for a beatdown

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
^^
Hm NO!!!!!
1-4 0-40 to 3-4 :lol: fighter

But this match would have been so much more easier for Maria if she knew how to play at the net .She had so many opportunites to finish many points at the net but she stays on the baseline and allows Caro to stay longer in the point and eventually wins it

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
epic match so far... i hope for more drama and cattiness lol

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Meh double faulting all the way Maria ...
Just serve ,don`t go for too much ,Caro is not going to attack your serve anyway

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
uneven match, with up and downs from both, but overall epic...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Just got home and I see Woz won the first set.. :o

Wake up Masha!!

Though to beat Woz these days, you gotta go to the net.

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Caro takes first set.So far she is better defending than Maria is attacking
Maria had so many chances to go to the net but she stayed behind and lost a point

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Maria has to change something : serve better or go to the net to finish points...or this will be done in 2 sets
4 winners from Caro :lol:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
all these DFs are awful...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
3 DFs in this game alone. Stop DFaulting Masha! Just roll it in..

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Oh my.. Sharapova is playing like crap..

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
1-0 phew now break her

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
quality of the match is going down... i doubt either one of them will win the whole thing...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Sharapova and the net.. does not compute.. :spit:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:04 PM
quality of the match is going down... i doubt either one of them will win the whole thing...

I think if Caro wins this, she might..

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Maria going to the net finally ...now start returning better

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
i think sharapova needs to fight because wozniacki's serve and shots might break down with time and revert to pushing...

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
epic rally!

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Great point

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Maria playing better now. I hope she crushes Caro now. I so much hate her game. Can't even imagine if she becomes nr 1 with this play.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Maria playing better now. I hope she crushes Caro now. I so much hate her game. Can't even imagine if she becomes nr 1 with this play.

Enjoy this week then.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Caro is a fucking WALL in this match
Maria`s only chance is to somehow win second set bc there is no way Caro can play at this level whole match

gaviotabr
I would so employ the MJMS tactics against Caro. :spit:

Drop shots and net rushing galore.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Caro is a fucking WALL in this match
Mari`s only chance is to somehow win second set bc there is no way Caro can play at this level whole match

She is wall.. but Sharapova is not putting away some puff balls she should be crushing..

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM

she actually has all the shots in my books, she's the most complete player... (except volleys)

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I would so employ the MJMS tactics against Caro. :spit:

Drop shots and net rushing galore.. :lol:

That`s what Maria is doing now ,great to see that players actually think on court :worship:
Plus those drop shot don`t need to be perfect bc Caro is way behind baseline and she is not good at the net

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
she actually has all the shots in my books, she's the most complete player... (except volleys)

Which tennis book do you use? :spit:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Yes and allow them are defensive. It's like she wants rally never end.
She doesn't play cause she wants to win, she just doesn't want to lose.

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Anothe stupid way to lose point ...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
That`s what Maria is doing now ,great to see that players actually think on court :worship:
Plus those drop shot don`t need to be perfect bc Caro is way behind baseline and she is not good at the net

That's why MJMS has a 3-0 h2h with Caro.. :spit:

The problem here is also that Sharapova is not being able to make the put aways.. really.. there are balls there she should be crushing and she is not.

jelenacg

:lol::worship::lol:

spiritedenergy

:lol: well she can hit everything, BH down the line, FH down the line, moonballs, lobs, etc.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM
:lol: well she can hit everything, BH down the line, FH down the line, moonballs, lobs, etc.

Have you ever seen her attempt a slice? She uses both hands.. :spit:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:20 PM

1 or 2 ,she is a tennis player she can hit those :lol:
Fact is she is winning this match pushing and returning everything back point after point :shrug:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Man Masha`s return sucks big time ...

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Have you ever seen her attempt a slice? She uses both hands.. :spit:

yes it's weird but it's working:lol:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
the game is slowly shifting toward sharapova now...

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:27 PM
^^
jinxing :o

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:28 PM
yes it's weird but it's working:lol:

I can assure you it's not in any tennis book though.. :lol:

I never claimed Woz's game isn't effective.. it is.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Masha should try wrong footing Woz more often..

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
^^
jinxing :o

don't believe in jinx they don't exist:kiss: (only macumbas:lol:)

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Oh noes..

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Ana has still more winners in her match against Kim than Caro has now, maybe it even stays like that.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Ana has still more winners in her match against Kim than Caro has now, maybe it even stays like that.

but they can't hit winners against her... also she hit some great BH winners, both CC and DTL...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Ladies and Gentleman.. new world number one.. Caroline Wozniacki!

(if not now, then soon.. Serena just has too many points to defend in Australia)

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM
omg again DF... sort it out shazzie

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I think I'm the jinxer.. everyone I root for loses.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
And she keeps on returning poorly

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:36 PM
but they can't hit winners against her... also she hit some great BH winners, both CC and DTL...

:confused: Maria has far more winners.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:36 PM
And she keeps on returning poorly

She is playing like crap, let's be honest...

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Too many errors from Maria...Caro has this in a bag ,what can i say well deserved
You can`t make so many UE and expect to win

gaviotabr
:confused: Maria has far more winners.

How many UEs? About 50 or so?

spiritedenergy
sharapova play is very up and down, now it's awful...

gaviotabr
Too many errors from Maria...Caro has this in a bag ,what can i say well deserved
You can`t make so many UE and expect to win

True.. it's well deserved.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
she needs net rushing... that's why ana never lost to wozniacki lol

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Mp..

jelenacg
Sven is so annoying with his clapping ...:0
And we have a MP

jelenacg
Saved :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
she needs net rushing... that's why ana never lost to wozniacki lol

Wozniacki is a great match up for Ana. Ana can hit her forehand at will, and net rush.. That's her favorite play.. :lol:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
fi9nally caught her on wrong foot

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM
5-4, hoping for a little choke from Caro and better play from Maria

spiritedenergy
well done!!! come on masha! (i can't believe i'm cheering for her lol)

gaviotabr
Woz to serve for the match...

Wrong foot her Masha..

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:47 PM
How many UEs? About 50 or so?

But Maria made them and could avoid them. FAR more UE's than FE's.

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Oh come on, don`t help her

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Woz won.. I really think she will win the title.

spiritedenergy
great point here, amazing BH dtl from wozzy

jelenacg
Good play from Caro ...well seserved ,bad match from Maria,should have played way better

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
But Maria made them and could avoid them. FAR more UE's than FE's.

Yes.. she made just too many unforced errors..

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Woz won.. I really think she will win the title.

she can... but venus and kim can beat her, even schiavone:tape::lol:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I can`t beleive i stayed to watch Maria lose...going to bed now
Against who is Caro playing in SF bc she will beat Cibulkova :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:57 PM
she can... but venus and kim can beat her, even schiavone:tape::lol:

I don't think they will... :shrug:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Let Kim win it all again then.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I can`t beleive i stayed to watch Maria lose...going to bed now
Against who is Caro playing in SF bc she will beat Cibulkova :lol:

Either Kanepi x Zvonareva/Petkovic.

She will make the final with her eyes closed.. And that should be enough for her to be year end number 1.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Let Kim win it all again then.

Kim is not playing that well.. :shrug:

jelenacg
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Either Kanepi x Zvonareva/Petkovic.

She will make the final with her eyes closed.. And that should be enough for her to be year end number 1.

Oh them ,well she is in the final .
Wow,congratulations i guess :lol: She has a great chance to win it if she faces Kim there imo.Even last year she was serving for a set, Kim is not really great in GS finals imo

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Kim is not playing that well.. :shrug:

We'll see. She's playing better every round. Just let's hope you were wrong like RG.

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
We'll see. She's playing better every round. Just let's hope you were wrong like RG.

I hope I'm wrong.. I really do..

As for Kim.. no she isn't... she only got opponents bowing down to her.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
my only hope is venus now... i hope she will manage to hit peak form, defeat schiavone and clijsters and edge wozniacki in the final big stage... but it's such a stretch...
If wozniacki wins, she will become the new dominant player, having won the us open series as well... and she is only 20... it's scary to think what she can achieve...
despite her physical prowess, i think her biggest weapon is her mind, she is as strong as a man mentally, never doubts herself or choke, while even serena can choke at times...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:18 PM
my only hope is venus now... i hope she will manage to hit peak form, defeat schiavone and clijsters and edge wozniacki in the final big stage... but it's such a stretch...
If wozniacki wins, she will become the new dominant player, having won the us open series as well... and she is only 20... it's scary to think what she can achieve...
despite her physical prowess, i think her biggest weapon is her mind, she is as strong as a man mentally, never doubts herself or choke, while even serena can choke at times...

Agreed. Her biggest strength is her mentality.. but then again, anyone with nerves of still will have an upper hand, no matter the game she has. One's mentality makes THAT much of a difference.

She can thank her dad for this.. he got her to believe she is the best player ever, and always demands more and more of her. So she never has letdowns.

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Agreed. Her biggest strength is her mentality.. but then again, anyone with nerves of still will have an upper hand, no matter the game she has. One's mentality makes THAT much of a difference.

She can thank her dad for this.. he got her to believe she is the best player ever, and always demands more and more of her. So she never has letdowns.

yes, her dad is the main reason i believe... still i don't think she thinks she's the best player ever or wants to be... i think she doesn't even think in these terms, she probably think that on a given day she can beat anyone, and doesn't look ahead. That also helps relieve the pressure maybe...

Oh God we are just like ana, dwelling in psychology:tape::lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
yes, her dad is the main reason i believe... still i don't think she thinks she's the best player ever or wants to be... i think she doesn't even think in these terms, she probably think that on a given day she can beat anyone, and doesn't look ahead. That also helps relieve the pressure maybe...

Oh God we are just like ana, dwelling in psychology:tape::lol:

She does believe 100% she has an amazing game, that needs no change. That she has already said.. :lol:

The 2nd Law
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:30 PM
The top two seeds in Guangzhou are Zheng and Groth :lol: If Ana played she'd be second seed! Maybe that would have been a good option, even as a "warm up" for Seoul :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:34 PM
The top two seeds in Guangzhou are Zheng and Groth :lol: If Ana played she'd be second seed! Maybe that would have been a good option, even as a "warm up" for Seoul :lol:

Ana would never play 4 weeks in a row... :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:42 PM

She does believe 100% she has an amazing game, that needs no change. That she has already said.. :lol:

she said amazing?:tape::lol: But i actually prefer this approach to those who wants ti tinker everything and get lost in the process (see ana and JJ). Her game is that and will never be different, she just needs to make the most out of it by improving it here and there. If ana only had the same confidence...

gaviotabr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:45 PM
she said amazing?:tape::lol: But i actually prefer this approach to those who wants ti tinker everything and get lost in the process (see ana and JJ). Her game is that and will never be different, she just needs to make the most out of it by improving it here and there. If ana only had the same confidence...

Agreed.. Wozniacki has a great attitude. That's what I admire of her, the approach to tennis, the mentality and the attitude.

Pops Maellard
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I was never 100% confident in Maria. But oh well, at least Caro's living up to her top seeding.

Venus and Kim are still in it as well. :D

The 2nd Law
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:09 PM
MTF is really starting to hype Nole's chances, I'm not sure I like it, I bet they'll jinx him :o

The 2nd Law
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, and Kuznetsova :o :weirdo:

Why couldn't Ana have been in that section :o She'd be in her first QF since RG 08 :lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Oh well. :rolls: She played well for three rounds and dished out a couple of bagels. Looks like she's getting there. Although what she said after the match was a bit :o. Something about 'lacking intensity'.

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Horny Petkovic will start to get a LOT more exposure thanks to her first noticeably-successful Slam run.As lovely as she is,it wouldn't be surprising to see her as next year's WTA Swimsuit rep.However,that increased status will attract a ton of attention from guys who wanna add her to their trophy collection...and it's HIGHLY doubtful that she'll have the discipline to deal with that level of male attraction.These next 12 months might be the last we see of Petkovic as a relevant tennis player as she inherits her new role as Celebrity Soccer Player Armpiece....It's sort of too bad cuz she seems rather charming and witty so she'd be a nice asset to the WTA if she could somehow keep her raging hormones under control

Pops Maellard
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Horny Petkovic will start to get a LOT more exposure thanks to her first noticeably-successful Slam run.As lovely as she is,it wouldn't be surprising to see her as next year's WTA Swimsuit rep.However,that increased status will attract a ton of attention from guys who wanna add her to their trophy collection...and it's HIGHLY doubtful that she'll have the discipline to deal with that level of male attraction.These next 12 months might be the last we see of Petkovic as a relevant tennis player as she inherits her new role as Celebrity Soccer Player Armpiece....It's sort of too bad cuz she seems rather charming and witty so she'd be a nice asset to the WTA if she could somehow keep her raging hormones under control

Better tell that to Sabine as well. :lol:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs174.snc4/38015_411372621516_175535596516_5038539_1108210_n. jpg

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Better tell that to Sabine as well. :lol:
:lol:As long as Sabine checks out mannequin's abs---and not the actual guy's---she'll be okay...but she IS a Catholic gal,and I suspect that Andrea comes from a similar background.The problem with Catholic gals is that they don't get the positive re-inforcement that usually is included in well-organized youth abstinence groups;they only hear that they'll be somehow betraying Jesus' dead mother if they have sex with some guy...or that they'll be en route to hell unless they repeat certain 'magic mantras' a specific number of times.That sort of negative re-inforcement VERY rarely works when folks are confronted with temptation,and that's why Catholic gals are well-known,above other groups,for having a Slut Phase when they leave home for the first time,usually at college....Sabine seems like a sweet gal so I hope she can buck the trend for her OWN sake:angel:

bruce goose
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Andrea already down a break in the second set;I reckon that Vera placed some shirtless mag photos of Novak on Petkovic's chair before the match started....poor Andrea never had a chance:lol::lol::lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:01 AM
^ :lol: Vera's coach is rather attractive (a former A&F model :lol:). Maybe, just maybe he flashed his abs to Petko and distracted her. :speakles:

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:05 AM
^ :lol: Vera's coach is rather attractive (a former A&F model :lol:). Maybe, just maybe he flashed his abs to Petko and distracted her. :speakles:Isn't that ANA's old coach??The sorry pimp who fixed her up with the lowlife AFTER he had f--ked with her grip and service motion

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Sergey Demekhine?

I really don't know. :confused:

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Sergey Demekhine?

I really don't know. :confused:My bad,Aaron....I was thinking that Sven coached Vera,but now I think it's Ana's old TRAINER who's working with Vera....Scott Whatever-His-Name-Is

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Not the best showing for Andrea...though she got plenty of 'face time' on center court for the SI photogs to see her:lol:.Usually,Li'l Bepa starts talking to her imaginary friends whenever she has a challenging match,but she seemed rather relaxed and carefree out there...so Andrea didn't exactly push her too hard....For what it's worth,Vera is 2-2 vs. Caro,though one of those was a 1st-set default.Based on her recent Wimby final run,I'd give her a fair chance to win again

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 05:42 AM
guys did you check wozniacki's press conference? Soem asked if her skirt was too short, and she said: "I think it's nice, i will have a lot male fans":tape::lol::help:

She's a funny gurl:lol:

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 06:10 AM
USO 2010 is another big stride for Caro but I'm still not convinced she should be the favourite. I think it will be tough to her to beat Venus or Kim.

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
USO 2010 is another big stride for Caro but I'm still not convinced she should be the favourite. I think it will be tough to her to beat Venus or Kim.Just curious.....She had 16 winners in the match....Has she been aggressive enough to earn some respect from you,or do you still consider her style of play to be awful??....In THIS case,I asked the question and opened up the can,so I can't/won't complain if you offer a strongly negative opinion

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Just curious.....She had 16 winners in the match....Has she been aggressive enough to earn some respect from you,or do you still consider her style of play to be awful??....In THIS case,I asked the question and opened up the can,so I can't/won't complain if you offer a strongly negative opinion

I've been very nice towards Caro since just before the Open started. I've given her lots of compliments and haven't dissed her at all. :angel:

Remember she just beat a fave of mine, so usually I'd be foaming at the mouth, but Caro's results over the USO series has earned my respect. :hatoff:

The 2nd Law
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I've been very nice towards Caro since just before the Open started. I've given her lots of compliments and haven't dissed her at all. :angel:

Remember she just beat a fave of mine, so usually I'd be foaming at the mouth, but Caro's results over the USO series has earned my respect. :hatoff:

:worship:

Lol Terjw pm'ed me saying thankyou for telling you to calm down with the caro hating and he thinks im soley responsible for you being respectful to her :lol: :happy:

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM
:worship:

Lol Terjw pm'ed me saying thankyou for telling you to calm down with the caro hating and he thinks im soley responsible for you being respectful to her :lol: :happy:

I hope you corrected him. :lol: Although you were a factor actually. :p The Kworb comparison was a wake-up call.

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:12 PM

Remember she just beat a fave of mine, so usually I'd be foaming at the mouth, but Caro's results over the USO series has earned my respect. :hatoff:Thanks for your response,Aaron....I'm taking off for work in a moment but I just wanted to be clear since I had criticized you for your previous posts.THIS time I couldn't complain,regardless,cuz I solicited your opinion....I can't become a serious Caro fan unless she gets some kind of serious injury...or enters a long slump.If I did it NOW,then I'd be a total front-runner...and I couldn't live with that.However,I'll repeat what I said before that Caro is a SUPER face for the WTA;they're lucky to have a well-grounded young star.....Can you IMAGINE how unbearable say,Kournikova or Golovin or Vaidisova would be as world #1??Caro hasn't reached it yet,of course,but it's attainable now....As for her dad,Piotr,I know a little bit about him cuz I have a good friend who's Polish.I'd say that he struck a good balance;he pushed Caro hard in her youth,yet she's still very well adjusted and emotionally healthy

Pops Maellard
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for your response,Aaron....I'm taking off for work in a moment but I just wanted to be clear since I had criticized you for your previous posts.THIS time I couldn't complain,regardless,cuz I solicited your opinion....I can't become a serious Caro fan unless she gets some kind of serious injury...or enters a long slump.If I did it NOW,then I'd be a total front-runner...and I couldn't live with that.However,I'll repeat what I said before that Caro is a SUPER face for the WTA;they're lucky to have a well-grounded young star.....Can you IMAGINE how unbearable say,Kournikova or Golovin or Vaidisova would be as world #1??Caro hasn't reached it yet,of course,but it's attainable now....As for her dad,Piotr,I know a little bit about him cuz I have a good friend who's Polish.I'd say that he struck a good balance;he pushed Caro hard in her youth,yet she's still very well adjusted and emotionally healthy

Very true. Caro's mentality has to be admired. A lot of players after enduring Caro's rather helpless losses at the slams this year would've maybe panicked and thought "my game needs a complete retool", but she's stuck to the tried and true formula and it's paid off this summer.

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
So... who do you guys think will reach the semis today?

Today is Brazilian independence day, so we have a holiday and parades.. which bore me to death.. I have the need to be doing 100 things at the same time. :spit:

Davodus
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I think Venus will beat Schiavone, but I think it could be tight...Venus is still rusty and not playing that great, and Schiavone can be really difficult to beat..but it might just be a bit too fast of a surface for her to win.
Then I think Kim will beat Stosur in straight sets...could easily be wrong if Clerrorsters shows up though :p

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I think Venus will beat Schiavone, but I think it could be tight...Venus is still rusty and not playing that great, and Schiavone can be really difficult to beat..but it might just be a bit too fast of a surface for her to win.
Then I think Kim will beat Stosur in straight sets...could easily be wrong if Clerrorsters shows up though :p

Both Venus and Kim are definitely the favorites. We'll see.. I think if Stosur can serve lights out, she has a chance though.. especially because I'm rooting for Kim and everyone I root for loses.. :sobbing:

Davodus
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Both Venus and Kim are definitely the favorites. We'll see.. I think if Stosur can serve lights out, she has a chance though.. especially because I'm rooting for Kim and everyone I root for loses.. :sobbing:

Please stop rooting for Kim then :p

No I think Stosur has a chance if she serves well, but Kim is probably the best returner on tour (outside of Serena when she is in rage form) and she'll get into Stosur's head by getting all her good serves back deep...Also I think Kim will really be able to open the court up by going hard into Stosur's forehand, and opening up her backhand...also Kim's crosscourt backhand is one of the best use of left hand backhands, so she should be able to pull Stosur right off the court to her weakness...she did the same thing to Ana. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Please stop rooting for Kim then :p

No I think Stosur has a chance if she serves well, but Kim is probably the best returner on tour (outside of Serena when she is in rage form) and she'll get into Stosur's head by getting all her good serves back deep...Also I think Kim will really be able to open the court up by going hard into Stosur's forehand, and opening up her backhand...also Kim's crosscourt backhand is one of the best use of left hand backhands, so she should be able to pull Stosur right off the court to her weakness...she did the same thing to Ana. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though :lol:

I agree with your analysis, but you really shouldn't read anything into the Ana match. Ana was a zombi out there, Stosur won't be.

Davodus
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I agree with your analysis, but you really shouldn't read anything into the Ana match. Ana was a zombi out there, Stosur won't be.

Stosur used to be a zombie in every match she played...she was totally brainless and hopeless. She can still get like that, so I guess it just depends how she reacts after her 4th round match...she could be totally flat and on a letdown, or still fired up and on a high. We'll see (well, maybe I won't see because 9am is simply too early for people like me to wake up, but I'm gonna try :p )

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Stosur used to be a zombie in every match she played...she was totally brainless and hopeless. She can still get like that, so I guess it just depends how she reacts after her 4th round match...she could be totally flat and on a letdown, or still fired up and on a high. We'll see (well, maybe I won't see because 9am is simply too early for people like me to wake up, but I'm gonna try :p )

I think Stosur hasn't been a Zombie for quite sometime now.. she actually has been fighting hard for almost every match she plays now. After beating Henin and Serena at RG, I got tons of respect for her "standing up to a tough match" abilities.

We'll see.. I think I'm going to the cinema this afternoon, because my level of boredom is lifting as the seconds go by.. :lol: But I'll definitely be at home to watch the night match.

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Izzy going to the cinema with Contador Zorro to catch a classic Brasilian romance,followed by plenty of :kiss::kiss::kiss:---an end to her boredom:p

Here's a question for anyone who understands the YEC Points system.First the rankings(Top 9):

Serena 5355
Caro 4716
Venus 4085
Stosur 4067
Jelena 3874
Vera 3773
Fran 3453
Henin 3415
Kim 3295

Justine is a non-factor unless she changes her mind and decides to play again this year(unlikely).Let's say that Venus beats Fran and Kim beats Sam to meet in the Semis...and then Kim goes on to defeat either Caro or Vera in the Final.In case anyone forgot,JJ lost in the 3rd round to Kanepi.What would the updated YEC rankings be in those two scenarios??First with Kim beating Caro in the Final...or,second,beating Vera

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Izzy going to the cinema with Contador Zorro to catch a classic Brasilian romance,followed by plenty of :kiss::kiss::kiss:---an end to her boredom:p

Here's a question for anyone who understands the YEC Points system.First the rankings(Top 9):

Serena 5355
Caro 4716
Venus 4085
Stosur 4067
Jelena 3874
Vera 3773
Fran 3453
Henin 3415
Kim 3295

Justine is a non-factor unless she changes her mind and decides to play again this year(unlikely).Let's say that Venus beats Fran and Kim beats Sam to meet in the Semis...and then Kim goes on to defeat either Caro or Vera in the Final.In case anyone forgot,JJ lost in the 3rd round to Kanepi.What would the updated YEC rankings be in those two scenarios??First with Kim beating Caro in the Final...or,second,beating Vera

With Caro in the final and Kim champion (Venus and Vera in the semis):

Caro 6116
Serena 5355
Kim 5295
Venus 4985
Vera 4673
Stosur 4567
Jelena 4034
Fran 3953

With Vera in the final and Kim champion (Venus and Caro in the semis):

Caro 5616
Serena 5355
Kim 5295
Vera 5173
Venus 4985
Stosur 4567
Jelena 4034
Fran 3953

I really don't think Justine will change her mind, so I decided to leave her name out. ;)

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
guys please help me i can't find a livestream working for venus-francesca...

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I just came back home and it's still in the first set of Venus x Schiavone.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM
guys please help me i can't find a livestream working for venus-francesca...

Try here:

http://www.fromsport.com/c-4.html

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
thanks it's only working in this computer... i gues the other one has some missing plugins...

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:15 PM
venus 7-6!

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
actually they were being blocked by the antivirus...

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Venus won the first set.. and I think she should overpower Fran and win the match. But I have to say, Fran is such an exciting player to watch.. I'm really enjoying her matches.

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I just came back home and it's still in the first set of Venus x Schiavone.. :lol:Strange.....I got your YEC-related comments in my e-mail inbox,but I don't see it here in the thread:confused:....Anyway,thank you,Izzy:worship:...and I hope you enjoyed the movie AND your companionship there;).....I'm sure you did:)....And happy Independence Day Brasilen~o.....even if you think it's boring:lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Strange.....I got your YEC-related comments in my e-mail inbox,but I don't see it here in the thread:confused:....Anyway,thank you,Izzy:worship:...and I hope you enjoyed the movie AND your companionship there;).....I'm sure you did:)....And happy Independence Day Brasilen~o.....even if you think it's boring:lol:

Thanks Bruce! Look at the previous page, it's the last comment there.

I did enjoy the movie, though I'm not sure you would aprove.. :lol: It's a brazilian movie about a medium and life after death.. Me and André were interested in the topic though.. it was very moving.

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM

I did enjoy the movie, though I'm not sure you would aprove.. :lol: It's a brazilian movie about a medium and life after death.. Me and André were interested in the topic though.. it was very moving.

:eek: you really like these topics Izzy:lol::p

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:36 PM

I did enjoy the movie, though I'm not sure you would aprove.. :lol: It's a brazilian movie about a medium and life after death.. Me and André were interested in the topic though.. it was very moving.Well,there's a big difference between watching a movie on spiritism and actually PRACTICING it...or teaching kids to do so.....So we'll give you a pass on that one:lol:....I agree with you about Fran,btw....I didn't like her when I began following the WTA again back in 2006 b/c,quite frankly,Fran can always use a bit of airbrushing...and,as a guy,I was spoiled with the graceful beauty that so many players have.However,as a sports fan,I've learned to appreciate her more,and her RG triumph was a great story...even though it resulted,in part,from Elena's injury:sad:.Her jumping into the stands reminded me of what football players do after they score touchdowns at home...it was an inspiring moment:cool:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
:eek: you really like these topics Izzy:lol::p

:lol::p

Actually.. not so much.. but my boyfriend's grandma read the book this movie is based on in her youth, and always told him to read it too.. and he never did. So he really wanted to watch the movie. It's actually very moving.

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Well,there's a big difference between watching a movie on spiritism and actually PRACTICING it...or teaching kids to do so.....So we'll give you a pass on that one:lol:....I agree with you about Fran,btw....I didn't like her when I began following the WTA again back in 2006 b/c,quite frankly,Fran can always use a bit of airbrushing...and,as a guy,I was spoiled with the graceful beauty that so many players have.However,as a sports fan,I've learned to appreciate her more,and her RG triumph was a great story...even though it resulted,in part,from Elena's injury:sad:.Her jumping into the stands reminded me of what football players do after they score touchdowns at home...it was an inspiring moment:cool:

The movie has a very moving story, so I had fun watching it.

As for Fran, I think her play has so much heart and she is a different kind of player, so I've been finding her matches very exciting to watch lately.

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
:lol::p

Actually.. not so much.. but my boyfriend's grandma read the book this movie is based on in her youth, and always told him to read it too.. and he never did. So he really wanted to watch the movie. It's actually very moving.

aww that's sweet of him:kiss:

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM
DFitis is hitting Venus...

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM
aww that's sweet of him:kiss:

He is a sweetheart! :hearts::p

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
He is a sweetheart! :hearts::pPlus he has superb taste in women....even though he resents Ana:lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Plus he has superb taste in women....even though he resents Ana:lol:

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:54 PM
He is a sweetheart! :hearts::p

yes to be with you i bet he must be because you are too:kiss: Does he have a (gay)brother?:tape::lol::help::p

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
yes to be with you i bet he must be because you are too:kiss: Does he have a (gay)brother?:tape::lol::help::p

:spit: No.. he only has one sister.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Venus choking.. :spit: 2 double faults and couple of UEs to lose this game. 5-4* in the second.

spiritedenergy
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:59 PM
:spit: No.. he only has one sister.. :lol:

oh well, that's ok:tape::lol:

Venus is choking... so many DFs

gaviotabr
Sep 8th, 2010, 12:05 AM
oh well, that's ok:tape::lol:

Venus is choking... so many DFs

Venus totally tried to choke.. but won. :lol:

Is this her first USO semis since 2002?

Pops Maellard