gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Serena takes the first set in a tie break. Really tough match though.. :scared:

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Serena takes first set even if she plays awful ,but the serve started working

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Kvitova is playing well, her shots are maybe a little too flat though, it's good when it's working but bad bad bad when it isn't, so I guess that's something that will continue to improve with age.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
So many wild UEs in this match... :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:19 PM
Serena takes first set even if she plays awful ,but the serve started working

Yes.. I also thought Serena played awful.. :help:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:22 PM
Serena's attempt at a drop lob?! :spit:

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
What a point they just played at *2-4 30-40 :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
What a point they just played at *2-4 30-40 :lol:

Yeah, great point! :spit:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
Serena wins. Ok.. so I think we might be in for an interesting final.

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Serena's attempt at a drop lob?! :spit:

That`s always funny :lol:
So even if Serena was playing bad Kvitova couldn`t take a set of her ,just like i thought :angel:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
In the Wimbledon Seed Elimination thread I accidentally deleted Kirilenko when she had 16 points left. :tape:

I thought I should apologize to Sjoerd and give him a green dot. :lol:

At the other hand it was a smart move as well. This way they couldn't giver her -1 :p

spiritedenergy
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
thank God Serena and Zvonareva won, Kvitova and Pironkova in a Wimbledon final would have been:tape::help:

Hod did they play? I hope Serena wins of course, but I'm worried about her shoulder:unsure:

jelenacg
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
thank God Serena and Zvonareva won, Kvitova and Pironkova in a Wimbledon final would have been:tape::help:

Hod did they play? I hope Serena wins of course, but I'm worried about her shoulder:unsure:

Serena was awful , Vera was ok i guess :shrug:

Justine will miss USO :eek::speakles:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
Thank God Serena won. :rolls:

Semi-injured Serena VS Vera could be a close match but I'm still picking Serena in 2. :p

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM

Agreed... Serena was awful from the baseline.. SO many UEs. Got saved by her serve.

Vera was ok. But it wasn't like she was facing amazing opposition. She is a smart player though.

I was shoked to hear that.. It seems she tore her elbow ligaments in a fall during her 4th round at Wimbledon. That's really bad.. I hate these freak injuries.

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
The WTA released its calendar for 2011. Some interesting changes.. Doha a 700 Premier in february, Danish Open a grass (?) tournament in june before Wimbledon, new international tournament in Washington, first year of the YEC in Instanbul.

http://blog.gvtnews.com/files/6/1/2/8/1/228331-218216/2011_WTA_Calendar_7_2_10.pdf

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Berdych what a way to make things complicated there in the second set! :spit:

Nole.. DF to lose it after so much fight? :banghead:

Davodus
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Danish open on grass? :lol: wtf!

I nearly died in that TB btw...:o

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
What a :help: effort from Nole. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt he'll add to his AO '08. He'll hang around the Top 10 for the rest of his career on consistency alone, like Roddick. :rolleyes:

jelenacg
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:47 AM
What a :help: effort from Nole. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt he'll add to his AO '08. He'll hang around the Top 10 for the rest of his career on consistency alone, like Roddick. :rolleyes:

And that`s bad bc ...Seriously people be more humble :lol:
I would kill for Ana to have that career

Anyway i just got home and i`m watching re run of Rafa-Andy .Some great points :worship:
And i just saw Brazil lost ,sorry Izzy

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:52 AM

Agreed... Serena was awful from the baseline.. SO many UEs. Got saved by her serve.

Vera was ok. But it wasn't like she was facing amazing opposition. She is a smart player though.

I was shoked to hear that.. It seems she tore her elbow ligaments in a fall during her 4th round at Wimbledon. That's really bad.. I hate these freak injuries.

it's really telling when players who reach the final are playing ok/bad:tape: we can imagine how the others played, especially the one who's probably going to win the wooden spoon:o
i'm still not over it, she played so bad, in the most important tournament ever, what a shame:help::o

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
And that`s bad bc ...Seriously people be more humble :lol:
I would kill for Ana to have that career

Anyway i just got home and i`m watching re run of Rafa-Andy .Some great points :worship:
And i just saw Brazil lost ,sorry Izzy

Hey Jelena!

Spending 10 years inside the top 10 is a feat to be proud of. And I'm sure Nole still has big things in him.

About Brazil.. it's okay, was already expecting it.

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
it's really telling when players who reach the final are playing ok/bad:tape: we can imagine how the others played, especially the one who's probably going to win the wooden spoon:o
i'm still not over it, she played so bad, in the most important tournament ever, what a shame:help::o

Yes Luca.. The thing I resent the most is Ana's lack of effort in the last couple of slams. It's a slam for gods sake, you should fight your heart out. And to top it, she played completely awful tennis. :tape::help::o

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
The commentator on brazilian TV for the Wimbledon final is crying over yesterday's Brazil's World Cup loss.. :o

Davodus
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
The commentator on brazilian TV for the Wimbledon final is crying over yesterday's Brazil's World Cup loss.. :o

seriously? :spit:

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
seriously? :spit:

Seriously... :o

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hey Jelena!

Spending 10 years inside the top 10 is a feat to be proud of. And I'm sure Nole still has big things in him.

About Brazil.. it's okay, was already expecting it.
I hope you're right. :)

He's still a young man. ;)

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Vera's playing good so far :speakles:. Hope she can keep it up.

To be honest I thought she'd be nervous like Safina, but clearly not.

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
OK I think I jinxed her. :tape: Serena up 5-3 now.

Davodus
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Serena has got a lot of netcords so far...about 4 to put her in a winning position in the point.

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Serena has got a lot of netcords so far...about 4 to put her in a winning position in the point.
Didn't really notice that before. To me Federer's the King of lucky let-cords. :lol:

Oh well, at least Bepa made it competitive for like half a set. :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Serena wins.

And as a result.. Ana is the proud winner of:

http://www.premiertrophies.co.uk/images/A1047_8.99_17.5cm.jpg

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah. :o I'd almost forgot.

Davodus
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
:woohoo: wooden spoon! Lets make some cake with our wooden spoon :D

Ksenia.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Well, at least Ana won something :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Wooden Spoon :worship:
Well she won something :shrug:

Serena :worship: How long was the final?

azdaja
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
well done ana :o

and the world cup is not going the way i want it to go either. no argentina uruguay final and it's not uruguay who screwed it up :o

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Serena wins.

And as a result.. Ana is the proud winner of:

http://www.premiertrophies.co.uk/images/A1047_8.99_17.5cm.jpg

:happy: i will put this picture in the thread in GM...:p

Really the lowest of the lows, such a shame:tape::help:

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:18 PM

:lol:

Brazilian commentators are legendary... i remember one was saying "golassooooooooooooooo" for like 5 minutes after a goal:lol:

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Watching men`s final ,good match so far
I really don`t see Rafa losing here (i better not jinx him :o )
Lucie is watching Berdych :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Men's final is reminding me of the women's. Berdych isn't playing badly but the result still won't be in doubt. :p

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Men's final is reminding me of the women's. Berdych isn't playing badly but the result still won't be in doubt. :p

Yeah you can`t say it`s a bad match but we all know what final result will be :lol:
Berdych at least has some chance today, Vera had none against Serena imo
Actually Sharapova was the best opponent for Serena,the hardest one

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah you can`t say it`s a bad match but we all know what final result will be :lol:
Do you like my sig? :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Do you like my sig? :lol:

I like it :)
Good one and i like every player from that list,Elena the least but that`s ok :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Second set 7-5 to Nadal. :)

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
According to our commentator Rafa only once lost a match after being 2-0 up ,5 yesrs ago against Federer in Miami final :eek:

So unless Bedych starts playing way better this will end quickly :lol:
Rafa :worship:

Davodus
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM
:mad:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
:hug: I would've liked Berdych to win as well. :awww: Nadal just too good.

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
We can't say Tomas didn't have chances... BPs in the first game of the second set.. BP now..

Rafa is just nails in the important points.. and those are the ones that win matches.

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM

:lol: sorry
Rafa is just better :shrug:

mure
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Berdych is playing awfully..Nadal too good?Bullshit he had more errors than winners in the second set..mens tournament will be mostly remembererd for Isner-Mahut mugathon..that says it all

Davodus
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Tomas is the king of wasting chances

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Hey Jelena!

Yes.. Serena's toughest opponent was definitely Sharapova who actually held set points against her. And Vera had no chances yesterday.. not even one single BP.

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Berdych is playing awfully..Nadal too good?Bullshit he had more errors than winners in the second set..mens tournament will be mostly remembererd for Isner-Mahut mugathon..that says it all
Someone forgot their happy pills. :hehehe:

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Yes.. Berdych is pushing a bit.. and whenever he tries to go for his shots he misses.. he is not playing well at all.

Davodus
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM

he isn't playing awfully at all :o and having more errors than winners doesn't make any difference, Nadal is playing extremely well right now. He is getting all the returns in off Tomas's big serves and putting him under pressure. And Tomas is still playing well, he should have taken some of his chances and not choked, but this is hardly a low quality match :o

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hey Jelena!

Yes.. Serena's toughest opponent was definitely Sharapova who actually held set points against her. And Vera had no chances yesterday.. not even one single BP.

Hi Izzy
Really :o i didn`t watch bc i knew it would be something like that :rolleyes:
Yup i also think Maria was the toughest opponent for Serena.And she finally started finding some good form,I think she could be a threat during USO series and USO if she stays injury free and continue improving

Berdych had some small chances but i really feel this is/will be a routine victory for Rafa :shrug:
That just shows how bad Federer played ,Novak is awful on grass anyway... :lol:

mure
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Berdych was serving to force a tie vreak in the second and made 3 forehand ues in a row,he also had a bp early in the third and he started exchanging slices(!!) until he neted an easy backhand..he's awful at crucial points..not unexpected since he plays for the first time in the final but this is not a quality match

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
All men`s GS finals were so average this year imo Federer-Murray,Rafa-Soderling,now this :shrug:
Just routine victories for better players
Berdych serving to stay in a match ...

Davodus
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Every time serving to stay in a set, he lost serve. Still a choker :o

jelenacg
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Rafa :hearts::worship::worship:

Rafa rolling on the grass :lol::lol:
Commentator talking about Murray :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Davodus
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
It's always about Murray at Wimbledon :o

bruce goose
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hello,downtown Anapolis:wavey:.This'll be my weekly check-in before heading back to the Ana Memorial Grounds outside of town.If you haven't done so,you can read about all the work we've done in the EARA thread.Still no sign of a cure for Ana:sad:,so we'll leave her safely in her cryonic state,of course.We're using only top-flight technology at the Memorial...yet,we're running the summer climate in the Bio-sphere so I have to make sure that the refrigerant unit for Ana's cryogenic chamber is operating in peak condition:cool:

I'm sure glad that I learned to appreciate Nadal and stopped disliking him....Can only imagine how miserable I'd be right now,otherwise:haha:...especially with the billion reruns they give his matches on ESPN Deportes.Nice work,Rafa:hatoff:...and refusing to waste time with the queen...THAT was awesome:worship:.Now I sorta wish that you had dumped your gf and made Ana a full-timer...we might not be where we are now.Of course,if you had suggested counselling,then she probably would've dumped YOU,too:o.I'm glad that Ana is resting comfortably in her comatose condition...and can't reflect on her embarrassing Boyfriend Depreciation Chart:

1.It started out with an all-time men's tennis legend for a couple months.....
2.THEN it went to Nando...considered hot by loads of women...but a major drop-off in terms of performance excellence...still,he supported and cheered for Ana as she won a title and kicked some ass on his watch...so it wasn't a total disaster....
3.THEN she hit a COLOSSAL drop-off...a 3rd-rate,swishy playboy,who's been dumped by more than one slut,and who pretends to be a Nice Guy-type since he lacks the charisma or intelligence to be a clever Bad Boy.At last check,he couldn't even make the cut at his two previous PGA tourneys...and then got bitch-slapped by a bunch of no-names THIS week while finishing tied for 49th place at a barely-MM,almost-ITF caliber tournament.........We can only shudder to think who Ana's NEXT choice would've been with this pattern of decline:eek:

We'll close by mentioning textbook phony Rennae Stubbs...many of you have witnessed her eagerness to hog the microphone and use her fat mouth to compensate for her lack of physical attractiveness...and lack of relevance compared with elite Singles players.Heck,she doesn't even measure up to most of the Doubles-only big shots anymore.Well,Rennae began her Wimbledon blog with her usual blah,blah,blah about how much she LOVES blogging and connecting with the fans:rolleyes:...and all the best friends she supposedly has at Wimby and every other tourney:rolleyes:...but then,when she lost and got knocked out,she went into Snotty Bitch Mode and blew off the rest of her blog.Keep in mind that Stubbs is almost 40,she's not some teenage newbie who doesn't know the ups and downs of the sport.The blog typically ends once the player is eliminated,but they still report on their losses before signing off...To show contrast,JJ--who's often accused of being willful and bitchy--had enough class to finish her latest tourney blog even though she was injured during her match and lost to a much lower-seeded player.....since Stubbs enjoys hoarding attention for herself,I propose that the WTA assign her to do a promo,while standing,with Makiri.....and then she can stand by,red-faced,as she watches every single camera turn AWAY from her and TOWARDS Maria......and no more blogs for her fake ass:devil:

That's enough ranting for now;I ought to see if we have enough birdseed for the songbirds at the Ana Memorial:)....Have a great week,folks:wavey:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Bruce you only come here once a week now? :sad:

bruce goose
Jul 5th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Bruce you only come here once a week now? :sad:Aaron,that's sort of a general guideline:lol:.I didn't get my visa revoked or anything,but one of our other goals at the Memorial is to promote research that would lead to a cure for Ana's illness,the Anal Australian Parasite Cancer Virus(AAPCV).No one has discovered a cure-all for cancer yet,but we're hoping one day to find a panacea for Ana's particular strain.....after which we can release from her cryogenic chamber.....and then she can go thoroughly bitch-slap that tennis-hating,ITF-level impostor who's walking around PRETENDING to be Ana...sorta like the phony Rennae Stubbs pretends to be classy and care about the fans;)

Besides,Aaron...there are a lot of posters who would ENJOY my longer absences....it's my gift to them:angel:

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:56 AM
:woohoo:Couldn't wait another week to share this good news:The WTA FINALLY kicked Rennae Stubbs' garbage-ass off their main page:cool:.I've never had too much grief over the sort of person who hates & curses you right to your face;at least they're HONEST......it's the slimy pricks who try to flash you their greasy smiles...when they couldn't care less about you...who are the most nauseating.Aussies have a well-earned reputation as likable folks,but now we have a female counterpart to that piece of crap Cellblock Bitch Adam...and both of them are as phony and shallow as inflatable kiddie pools.Here's a clue,Rennae:There are only TWO kinds of people who over-exert themselves to prove that they're everyone's best friend,using media stooges to convince the world of what swell aces they supposedly are....1.Lying frauds....or 2.Low self-esteem cases who are desperate for approval...and nobody puts you in that second category:rolleyes:

Just to recap:Stubbs began her Wimbledon blog with the same empty blah,blah,blah that usually rolls out of her fat mouth....she has SOOOO many best buddies at all the tournaments...and she absolutely ADORES blogging and connecting with the fans:rolleyes:........and then she lost in the Doubles.Apparently,Lisa Raymond's back gave out after carrying around 150 pounds of ugly Aussie dead weight.Maybe Stubbs was disappointed that she blew her final chance to seem relevant in the tennis world when she couldn't win a Slam even with the WS upset by Vera/Vesnina.She blew off her blog for one whole day,then came back with mealy-mouthed excuses last Thursday...and then she lost her MIXED doubles match and went into complete Snotty Bitch Mode and disappeared....

It's understood that you can end your blog once you lose,but you still blog in re the loss before signing off...even JJ played by the rules when she tourney-blogged this year...this despite the fact that she was injured and lost to a much lower-seeded player.You might not be surprised to get that kind of pissy-brat conduct from Vika,Golovin or Vaidisova...yet Stubbs is almost FORTY and has been in the sport for 25 years!!.....Here's a closing suggestion:At the next tourney,Stubbs should be forced to clean out some port-a-johns at the nearest construction site at the facilities(those can get mighty putrid-smelling:devil:)...and THEN Rennae could get some perspective on how dislikable the crap from HER MOUTH is.........no more microphones or blogs for you,Rennae...just take your fake ass and stand in the corner of irrelevance!!!:wavey:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
:lol: Preach it brother!

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
:lol: Preach it brother!By the way,I was chatting with another big-time tennis fan earlier,and she couldn't think of one single male player who was mentally tough besides Rafa...even Federer turns into a weeping wimp when he meets someone who can stand up to him with a top performance.Men are SUPPOSEDLY mentally tougher than women,but you wouldn't know it from the sport of tennis...where the ATP is comprised mostly of limp-wristed sissies...in fact tennis might be the ONLY sport with that reverse-phenomenon.In the WTA,I can name Clijsters,Henin,the WS,Sharapova,JJ,Stosur,Li Na,Zakopalova...all of whom are tough to beat until you put the final nail in their coffin...and that's just off the top of my head......the ATP has Rafa & the Sissies.Nadal might be #1 for the next 3 years w/o breaking a sweat if his knees hold up okay;he's the only one with a backbone

....I take that back,Aaron....Soccer is like tennis,too....the so-called men bitch and whine similar to teenage girls on PMS...whereas the actual women just play the match w/o flopping around,faking injuries or blaming the officials for their outcome....That's why I enjoy watching the women's WC more...even though Mexico is a punching bag in the women's game:o....we don't make the Knockout Round;we merely get Knocked upside the head:help:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:53 AM
By the way,I was chatting with another big-time tennis fan earlier,and she couldn't think of one single male player who was mentally tough besides Rafa...even Federer turns into a weeping wimp when he meets someone who can stand up to him with a top performance.Men are SUPPOSEDLY mentally tougher than women,but you wouldn't know it from the sport of tennis...where the ATP is comprised mostly of limp-wristed sissies...in fact tennis might be the ONLY sport with that reverse-phenomenon.In the WTA,I can name Clijsters,Henin,the WS,Sharapova,JJ,Stosur,Li Na,Zakopalova...all of whom are tough to beat until you put the final nail in their coffin...and that's just off the top of my head......the ATP has Rafa & the Sissies.Nadal might be #1 for the next 3 years w/o breaking a sweat if his knees hold up okay;he's the only one with a backbone

....I take that back,Aaron....Soccer is like tennis,too....the so-called men bitch and whine similar to teenage girls on PMS...whereas the actual women just play the match w/o flopping around,faking injuries or blaming the officials for their outcome....That's why I enjoy watching the women's WC more...even though Mexico is a punching bag in the women's game:o....we don't make the Knockout Round;we merely get Knocked upside the head:help:
Lleyton Hewitt. I'm not his fan but he plays till the end.

But interesting angle, I'd never thought of it like that before. Venus and Na sometimes have a tendency to hit themselves off the court. Usually when they lose it's because of that. I love them both though. :p

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Lleyton Hewitt. I'm not his fan but he plays till the end.

But interesting angle, I'd never thought of it like that before. Venus and Na sometimes have a tendency to hit themselves off the court. Usually when they lose it's because of that. I love them both though. :pDidn't think of Hewitt cuz he's sort of past his prime...but he WAS one helluva player in his heyday...I'll grant you that.Probably the biggest failure in his career...huge f-up,really...was when he lost his shot at being Mr.Clijsters...talk about having a kick-ass wife!:cool:.Kim is the only one I can think of who'll be able to help me fill Elena's absence when she retires........Then watch Kim get pregnant again the week after Elena is gone:help::help::help::help:

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:17 AM
By the way,I was chatting with another big-time tennis fan earlier,and she couldn't think of one single male player who was mentally tough besides Rafa...even Federer turns into a weeping wimp when he meets someone who can stand up to him with a top performance.Men are SUPPOSEDLY mentally tougher than women,but you wouldn't know it from the sport of tennis...where the ATP is comprised mostly of limp-wristed sissies...in fact tennis might be the ONLY sport with that reverse-phenomenon.In the WTA,I can name Clijsters,Henin,the WS,Sharapova,JJ,Stosur,Li Na,Zakopalova...all of whom are tough to beat until you put the final nail in their coffin...and that's just off the top of my head......the ATP has Rafa & the Sissies.Nadal might be #1 for the next 3 years w/o breaking a sweat if his knees hold up okay;he's the only one with a backbone

How much ATP do you actually watch? ;) I follow both tours equally...and you can't forget that fed has come back from 2 sets to 0 down at least 3 times in slams in the last 18 months...plus the epic wimbledon finals with Nadal and Roddick so I don't think of him as a wimp when he meets someone who performs well...Also there are a lot of ATP players who would easily fall into the category of fighters/people who are tough to beat. You gotta look at people like Ferrer, he will never give up and is very difficult to put away...Mario Ancic is one of the toughest people in tennis. Like Aaron said, Hewitt never gives up. There are plenty of people outside of the top guys who play hard and don't go away easy...Also people like Stosur are not mentally tough..she has absolutely no tennis brain and is a massive choker. If her game isn't working, she loses...quite weakly.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:56 AM
How much ATP do you actually watch? ;) I follow both tours equally...and you can't forget that fed has come back from 2 sets to 0 down at least 3 times in slams in the last 18 months...plus the epic wimbledon finals with Nadal and Roddick so I don't think of him as a wimp when he meets someone who performs well...Also there are a lot of ATP players who would easily fall into the category of fighters/people who are tough to beat. You gotta look at people like Ferrer, he will never give up and is very difficult to put away...Mario Ancic is one of the toughest people in tennis. Like Aaron said, Hewitt never gives up. There are plenty of people outside of the top guys who play hard and don't go away easy...Also people like Stosur are not mentally tough..she has absolutely no tennis brain and is a massive choker. If her game isn't working, she loses...quite weakly.Yeah,David,I remember a few impressive comebacks that Samantha has made recently,but I haven't followed her career THAT closely b/c she's only reached her current status in the last 12 months or so.

To be fair,I rarely watch the ATP cuz I just can't stand it.....For me,it would be like listening to a type of music that annoyed me...so many of the guys are like snotty,spoiled male 'divas'....I don't like them as PEOPLE so I can't support them as players.When I was a little kid,I liked men's tennis...and then McEnroe came around and bred a generation of bitches on the rag....It doesn't bother me that much when WOMEN act like divas.......cuz I expect it from them sometimes:lol:

I can't comment specifically on the other names you mentioned...but Federer,despite his superb talent,lost my respect as a MAN following the 2009 AO Final....Rafa would've won me over a lot earlier if he had laughed at him right there.I wish that I could've been in the stands that day to holler,"Get off the court,YOU WEEPY BITCH!!".....David,I've watched the NFL for years,and I've NEVER once seen a man cry like that after a loss...not even over the biggest game,the Super Bowl....and I can't picture your Aussie Rules Football runners-up doing that....I'd bet that,if a losing player did THAT,his teammates would bitch-slap him off the field:lol:

I don't live in Oceania,Dave,so I need to get some sleep....Hasta man~ana:wavey:

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Yeah,David,I remember a few impressive comebacks that Samantha has made recently,but I haven't followed her career THAT closely b/c she's only reached her current status in the last 12 months or so.

To be fair,I rarely watch the ATP cuz I just can't stand it.....For me,it would be like listening to a type of music that annoyed me...so many of the guys are like snotty,spoiled male 'divas'....I don't like them as PEOPLE so I can't support them as players.When I was a little kid,I liked men's tennis...and then McEnroe came around and bred a generation of bitches on the rag....It doesn't bother me that much when WOMEN act like divas.......cuz I expect it from them sometimes:lol:

I can't comment specifically on the other names you mentioned...but Federer,despite his superb talent,lost my respect as a MAN following the 2009 AO Final....Rafa would've won me over a lot earlier if he had laughed at him right there.I wish that I could've been in the stands that day to holler,"Get off the court,YOU WEEPY BITCH!!".....David,I've watched the NFL for years,and I've NEVER once seen a man cry like that after a loss...not even over the biggest game,the Super Bowl....and I can't picture your Aussie Rules Football runners-up doing that....I'd bet that,if a losing player did THAT,his teammates would bitch-slap him off the field:lol:

I don't live in Oceania,Dave,so I need to get some sleep....Hasta man~ana:wavey:

Stosur is a notorious choker ;) For her entire career...now a bit less, but it's still there ;)

As for crying, totally not what happens...I don't watch AFL at all...but in Rugby League and Rugby Union, I see plenty of the men crying when they lose an important match. In state of origin...which is like an extremely passionate important game between 2 states here in Rugby League, the losing team...several players are often seen in tears because it means so much to them. I don't think any less of people who cry because they tried their heart out in the most important of arenas and didn't succeed. To me it just shows how much it means to them :shrug: So we'll hav to agree to disagree ;)

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I think it's actually the journeywoman on WTA who are the most colossal chokers. At the French Open last year, a quallfying match, Johnasson VS Diatchenko. Johansson blew like 8 match points and by the end of the match looked like she was on suicide watch. Also Alona Bondarenko was up 6-1 5-0 during one match or something and still lost. Vera Zvonareva's meltdown at the USO VS Pennetta last year being another example.

Such chokes almost never happen on the ATP tour.

Of course I know the ATP isn't perfect. Djookvic and Murray have been extremely patchy this year much like at WTA top player, Roger, just like Serena has a borderline apathetic attitude to non-slam tournaments etc.

I almost forgot to add also, I thought it was the other way round - that WOMEN are supposed to be metally tougher, because they're the ones who give birth to children after all, and they reckon men wouldn't be able to mentally handle it.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM
As for crying, totally not what happens...I don't watch AFL at all...but in Rugby League and Rugby Union, I see plenty of the men crying when they lose an important match. In state of origin...which is like an extremely passionate important game between 2 states here in Rugby League, the losing team...several players are often seen in tears because it means so much to them. I don't think any less of people who cry because they tried their heart out in the most important of arenas and didn't succeed. To me it just shows how much it means to them :shrug: So we'll hav to agree to disagree ;)Forgot to mention earlier...though I don't watch it much,Ferrer--according to a few posters--is Rafa's bitch like other Spaniards and.apparently,never ever beats him in an important match....it's hard for me to respect a guy who can't ever beat his chief rival in a big match...even on his weakest surface where he sometimes loses to journeymen.

As for the crying,I'll modify my comments SOMEwhat:I understand that some cultures are different....I've even seen some of the NFL guys have 'moistness' in their eyes after a big loss...but Federer cried JUST like a little girl....It was PATHETIC,Dave!If some mugger came at him and what's-her-name with a knife,Federer would hide and cower behind his wife while weeping.....HE'S A SISSY BITCH,Dave

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Forgot to mention earlier...though I don't watch it much,Ferrer--according to a few posters--is Rafa's bitch like other Spaniards and.apparently,never ever beats him in an important match....it's hard for me to respect a guy who can't ever beat his chief rival in a big match...even on his weakest surface where he sometimes loses to journeymen.

As for the crying,I'll modify my comments SOMEwhat:I understand that some cultures are different....I've even seen some of the NFL guys have 'moistness' in their eyes after a big loss...but Federer cried JUST like a little girl....It was PATHETIC,Dave!If some mugger came at him and what's-her-name with a knife,Federer would hide and cower behind his wife while weeping.....HE'S A SISSY BITCH,Dave

I don't think it's appropriate to call someone that...you don't know him so :shrug: You do like to disrespect people you don't know. He is allowed to cry when he puts everything into something and he doesn't get it...we can't know what that's like because none of us have played a grand slam. The only thing I can compare it to is that for a few years I swam at an international level, so I know the level of training, and commitment that goes into competing at the highest level of a sport. It SUCKS to not get the rewards you want, or lose out at the very end, I had experience and it sucks. I get it.

Btw, Ferrer beat Nadal in the US open in I think around 2007, maybe 2006, in the 4th round or QF. I think he beat him again as well, maybe at the masters cup. He is one of the few who really troubles Rafa.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think it's appropriate to call someone that...you don't know him so :shrug: You do like to disrespect people you don't know. He is allowed to cry when he puts everything into something and he doesn't get it...we can't know what that's like because none of us have played a grand slam. The only thing I can compare it to is that for a few years I swam at an international level, so I know the level of training, and commitment that goes into competing at the highest level of a sport. It SUCKS to not get the rewards you want, or lose out at the very end, I had experience and it sucks. I get it.

Btw, Ferrer beat Nadal in the US open in I think around 2007, maybe 2006, in the 4th round or QF. I think he beat him again as well, maybe at the masters cup. He is one of the few who really troubles Rafa.On the SECOND part,I'll take your word for it...and admitted previously that I wasn't the most informed in re ATP

As for the first part,let me clarify:It's partly the WAY that you cry that says a lot....I can HALFWAY accept seeing a guy 'leak' a couple tears after a huge loss...but Fed cried like a little girl who'd lost her toy dolly...he even leaned on Rafa's shoulder:rolleyes::lol:.....It was PATHETIC!I stand by my comment that Fed is a sissy BITCH!!If I were going into a knife-fight,I'd rather stand ALONE than trust wimpy Fed to back me up

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
On the SECOND part,I'll take your word for it...and admitted previously that I wasn't the most informed in re ATP

As for the first part,let me clarify:It's partly the WAY that you cry that says a lot....I can HALFWAY accept seeing a guy 'leak' a couple tears after a huge loss...but Fed cried like a little girl who'd lost her toy dolly...he even leaned on Rafa's shoulder:rolleyes::lol:.....It was PATHETIC!I stand by my comment that Fed is a sissy BITCH!!If I were going into a knife-fight,I'd rather stand ALONE than trust wimpy Fed to back me up

I've seen plenty of Rugby/Rugby league players do the same so :shrug: I'd like to see you go against those 'sissies' in a fight ;) But you can think what you want, opinions are important ;)

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I've seen plenty of Rugby/Rugby league players do the same so :shrug: I'd like to see you go against those 'sissies' in a fight ;) But you can think what you want, opinions are important ;)Well,Dave,aye LIKE to fight:devil:...so maybe you'll get your wish someday....I've heard that Australia is SUPPOSEDLY a macho culture,but I'm starting to doubt that now(let's not forget swishy Bitch Adam:lol:.....I'd like you to send me a vid that shows rugby players SOBBING like wussy Fed did...even weeping on their opponents' shoulder like little girls....I think you're exaggerating in making excuses for Fed

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Well,Dave,aye LIKE to fight:devil:...so maybe you'll get your wish someday....I've heard that Australia is SUPPOSEDLY a macho culture,but I'm starting to doubt that now(let's not forget swishy Bitch Adam:lol:.....I'd like you to send me a vid that shows rugby players SOBBING like wussy Fed did...even weeping on their opponents' shoulder like little girls....I think you're exaggerating in making excuses for Fed

Well, I think again you don't actually know what happens...do you even know how the games of Rugby/Rugby League work? Those guys are tough as shit mate, but they have bucketloads of passion. It is actually important to not judge when you really don't know, and in terms of what happens in Australia, you don't know. I'd like you to watch a state of origin game, the passion involved and therefore the post game emotion is incredibly intense. I'm annoyed with this conversation now, so I implore you to leave it at that, because I don't care enough to reply again.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Well, I think again you don't actually know what happens...do you even know how the games of Rugby/Rugby League work? Those guys are tough as shit mate, but they have bucketloads of passion. It is actually important to not judge when you really don't know, and in terms of what happens in Australia, you don't know. I'd like you to watch a state of origin game, the passion involved and therefore the post game emotion is incredibly intense. I'm annoyed with this conversation now, so I implore you to leave it at that, because I don't care enough to reply again.Okay,Dave:hatoff:,I'm not so arrogant to think that I know your country better than YOU do...so I'll apologize for offending you.In my personal experience,I met some Aussie guys while I lived in the U.S.---and they were very much like the old cowboy stereotype....if I had cried in front of them over losing a gf,they would've said,"WTF!!Who was the Sheila in THAT relationship?"...or something like that

To summarize,I have memories of how Fed USED to mentally unravel in the early part of this decade...and then he raised his level of play which built his confidence.Still,IMO,a MAN should show more self-control than sobbing like a little girl on his opponents' shoulder...maybe a couple tears is okay but Fed was pathetic....And he still gets emotionally unraveled on occasion when he gets pushed.....NOT every single time...but it DOES happen.....Can't even imagine Aussie Wimby champ Pat Cash drenching his opponents' shirt:shrug:

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Okay,Dave:hatoff:,I'm not so arrogant to think that I know your country better than YOU do...so I'll apologize for offending you.In my personal experience,I met some Aussie guys while I lived in the U.S.---and they were very much like the old cowboy stereotype....if I had cried in front of them over losing a gf,they would've said,"WTF!!Who was the Sheila in THAT relationship?"...or something like that
To summarize,I have memories of how Fed USED to mentally unravel in the early part of this decade...and then he raised his level of play which built his confidence.Still,IMO,a MAN should show more self-control than sobbing like a little girl on his opponents' shoulder...maybe a couple tears is okay but Fed was pathetic....And he still gets emotionally unraveled on occasion when he gets pushed.....NOT every single time...but it DOES happen.....Can't even imagine Aussie Wimby champ Pat Cash drenching his opponents' shirt:shrug:

That's because that's not something to cry over ;) And did they actually say Sheila? Must have been from the country.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
That's because that's not something to cry over ;) And did they actually say Sheila? Must have been from the country.Well,they only used the word once,in my recollection(there were two of them)....and,yeah,they were small-town boys...those are my favorite kind of people:cool:

The 2nd Law
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
To back Dave up, AFL players sometimes cry when they lose the grand final, but AFL is tougher than rugby :p :lol:

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
To back Dave up, AFL players sometimes cry when they lose the grand final, but AFL is tougher than rugby :p :lol:

As iffff mate :lol: But yes, it does happen in the important games ;)

The 2nd Law
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:22 PM
We better agree to disagree Dave, before we bore everyone with an argument that could go on forever :p

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:23 PM
To back Dave up, AFL players sometimes cry when they lose the grand final, but AFL is tougher than rugby :p :lol:Let me be clear that I wasn't calling Dave a liar.....I can picture a couple tears after a huge loss,but I can't envision a footballer sobbing on his opponents' shoulder and leaving his shirt soaking wet like Fed did.....As I said,it NEVER happens in the NFL...at a funeral,yes,but nOT following a game

Davodus
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM
We better agree to disagree Dave, before we bore everyone with an argument that could go on forever :p

Probably the best idea ;) But they are both good sports, I just prefer rugby league ;)

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I almost forgot to add also, I thought it was the other way round - that WOMEN are supposed to be metally tougher, because they're the ones who give birth to children after all, and they reckon men wouldn't be able to mentally handle it.THe version that I'VE heard,Aaron,is that women withstand physical pain better...perhaps partly due to childbirth...while others believe that they are divinely created that way for just such purposes.....Can't really comment on which players respond to injury better cuz I've never really examined that

Loungy
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Mario Ancic is one of the toughest people in tennis.
While I still admire his perseverance on the wake of so much adversity (JFC, he's broken a house of mirrors in a previous life, no other explanation), I changed my mind about his mental toughness after that EPIC choke vs Minar. 5-0* 40-0* in the 3rd and you LOSE? :sad: Super Mario.

bruce goose
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
A certain lowlife shot ten OVER par at the JP McManus Invitational...only one player in the entire field had a worse score.....that ought to be a great tune-up for a British Open title run:p....To paraphrase the immortal fount of wisdom Jamie Owen:Ana Ivanovic would NOT be impressed:lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 15th, 2010, 01:42 PM
My Verdasco. :hearts:

I think his gamestyle is the most masculine on the ATP. :p Nadal comes close but doesn't throw the kitchen sink at his FH like Nando does. Of course mentally Nando doesn't always match his abilities but when he's on. :eek: Run for cover. :lol:

bruce goose
Jul 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM
My Verdasco. :hearts:

I think his gamestyle is the most masculine on the ATP. :p Nadal comes close but doesn't throw the kitchen sink at his FH like Nando does. Of course mentally Nando doesn't always match his abilities but when he's on. :eek: Run for cover. :lol:For whatever his faults might be,Nando was certainly a MAJOR step up from Ana's third and final bf...the virus carrier who left her in her vegetative state(currently kept under control in Ana's cryogenic chamber at the Memorial)...in case anyone was curious about how the putrid,inbred Waste-of-Life was doing at the British Open----currently tied for SIXTY-Second place(62nd)...EDIT:At the end of play,tied for SEVENTY-FIFTH PLACE...no,that's NOT a misprint...easy to see how the impostor version of Ana would struggle in getting advice on her mental game from such a textbook Loser;it's like the blind leading the blind...............Btw,nice tribute to Elena,Aaron

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:13 AM
For whatever his faults might be,Nando was certainly a MAJOR step up from Ana's third and final bf...the virus carrier who left her in her vegetative state(currently kept under control in Ana's cryogenic chamber at the Memorial)...in case anyone was curious about how the putrid,inbred Waste-of-Life was doing at the British Open----currently tied for SIXTY-Second place(62nd)...EDIT:At the end of play,tied for SEVENTY-FIFTH PLACE...no,that's NOT a misprint...easy to see how the impostor version of Ana would struggle in getting advice on her mental game from such a textbook Loser;it's like the blind leading the blind...............Btw,nice tribute to Elena,Aaron
I got it from Urbandictionary.com so I can't claim it as my own. :angel:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:18 AM
fWBJCuwqtpU

I really like these USO adds.. pity Ana's ones are never good.. but the whole idea is very nice I think.

spiritedenergy
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:07 AM
fWBJCuwqtpU

I really like these USO adds.. pity Ana's ones are never good.. but the whole idea is very nice I think.

why is ana even there, she's even opening it:lol::o

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:12 AM

Bc she is pretty.. and a GS champion
No Caro :speakles:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:26 AM
What's Caro done lately? :p

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:34 AM
What's Caro done lately? :p

Nothing and that`s still more than what Ana did :lol:
USO and IW runner up and #3 in the world...I`m not complaining Ana is there just surprised they didn`t put Caro in it
They probably will in next videos

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Bc she is pretty.. and a GS champion
No Caro :speakles:

Caro got her own commercial...

46XWUPgk8Xg

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Heaps and heaps of players have their own ads. :p

bruce goose
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Heaps and heaps of players have their own ads. :pThough I'm no ratings expert,it's probably fair to say that Caro has done her share to help the sport...this despite her overly-passive style of play....My guess is that she draws a fair number of casual male viewers...and that she's popular with a large segment of the youth,boys AND girls.....She doesn't embarrass the sport with sluttiness a` la Golovin.....nor does she conduct herself in idiotic,clueless fashion like.......................certain other players do:tape:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Though I'm no ratings expert,it's probably fair to say that Caro has done her share to help the sport...this despite her overly-passive style of play....My guess is that she draws a fair number of casual male viewers...and that she's popular with a large segment of the youth,boys AND girls.....She doesn't embarrass the sport with sluttiness a` la Golovin.....nor does she conduct herself in idiotic,clueless fashion like.......................certain other players do:tape:
That wasn't in reference to Caro. ;) I was just saying. :p Even James Blake (God bless him), who is I think out of the Top 100 at the moment got his own ad. :angel:

Caro's ad is quite cute actually. :p

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Nando is such a mess right now. :help:

Someone counted 47 UE right now VS Robredo in Bastad. :sad: My faves suck. :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Caro got her own commercial...

Everybody who went on to shoot something for the "It must be love" campaing got their own adds. They just don't release them all at the same time.

Ana got one as well.. just hope it's better than last years.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM

She is still a big draw. :shrug: More people know Ana and would tune in to watch her then say.. Schiavone or Stosur, to name a couple of top ten players. This is a TV add aimed to atract viewers.

Most people who watch TV have no idea about rankings.. if you are not a tennis fan and just catches things on TV ocasionally, you have no clue that Ana is in a 2 year slump and has barely won matches this year. All you know is that she is a known name.. and pretty. Enough to tune in and watch.

spiritedenergy
Jul 17th, 2010, 12:27 AM
She is still a big draw. :shrug: More people know Ana and would tune in to watch her then say.. Schiavone or Stosur, to name a couple of top ten players. This is a TV add aimed to atract viewers.

Most people who watch TV have no idea about rankings.. if you are not a tennis fan and just catches things on TV ocasionally, you have no clue that Ana is in a 2 year slump and has barely won matches this year. All you know is that she is a known name.. and pretty. Enough to tune in and watch.

yes that's true... hopefully it won't be another kournikova:o

bruce goose
Jul 29th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Well,folks,I'd say that Maxim A. was feeling pretty confident about his marital & fatherhood prospects for next year:o.....I'm gonna miss E.D. a ton,but I think she'll bring her firstborn around with her once he/she is old enough.She's said that she's going into coaching when she retires from the Tour....Then she and Kim can start debates over who has the most beautiful kid in the WTA:cool:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 29th, 2010, 03:09 AM
:tears: This is only her first match since RG. :p

bruce goose
Jul 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM
:tears: This is only her first match since RG. :pWell,she got the break back and just won her service game at love...we'll see.............If I were a KDK fan,I'd hold up a big poster of Kim and Jada from the USO just to make Elena unravel...but hopefully no one else will think of that:unsure:

bruce goose
Jul 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed,but the WTA webpage hasn't produced very many videoshoots since RG...so,to look as if they were doing something,perhaps,they've recently been recycling OLD videos by placing them at the top of the list with the CURRENT date as opposed to when they were actually made....pretending that the vids are brand new.......Another brilliant marketing move by the WTA:lol:

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2010, 05:28 AM
A sad bit of news today that'll probably go mostly unnoticed:Ipek Senoglu inexplicably abandoned her Istanbul blog even though it was a potential showcase for her hometown tournament(though,tbh,she might well be from another area of Turkey).To keep everyone updated,Rennae Stubbs started this ugly trend a couple weeks ago at Wimbledon when she went into Snotty Bitch Mode and simply forsook her blog in a huff after being eliminated in the Mixed Doubles.This wasn't a tremendous surprise for anyone who's ever heard the loudmouthed,phony Stubbs put on her tired act of pretending to be everyone's best friend.Still,it was a breach of player-fan etiquette as it's understood that you post about your tourney-ending loss before ending your blog(unless,of course,you WIN the title while blogging).

Then,in Bad Gastein,the lovely Andrea Petkovic remained faithful...she sulked for a day after being eliminated as the #1 seed(which is both common and sorta understandable),then she bounced back the FOLLOWING day with a thoughtful,'goodbye' post.She didn't actually say goodbye,specifically,but it seemed implied within her comments that reflected her brainy,eclectic personality:)

Things looked promising with Senoglu in Istanbul: She even blogged when she was eliminated from Doubles competition.When she went absent on Wednesday,it was no big deal b/c the Player Party was that night,and Ipek probably got home late after a night of heavy drinking.She returned on Thursday with another decent post......but now,for whatever reason,she has followed in Stubbs' unsavory footsteps.

2 of the last 3 WTA webpage tourney blogs have simply been abandoned,and the message to the fans sounds fairly clear: We want you to avidly support our sport as fans...and,in return,we'll go through the ritual of feigning that we care about you...to an extent....BUT,if anything should happen to spoil our mood--whether it be a headache,a rainy day,or maybe just split ends--we reserve the right to tell you to go f--k yourselves since,deep down,we really don't respect you...but keep buying our product,please:D................":D"=the official phony Guy Smiley emoticon

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
I caught some of the end of Sharapova-Radwanska when I got home yesterday night. Some really entertaining points in the last few games.. I was quite impressed by Sharapova's defense.. she was running from side to side to the net and back really fast and effectively. Better than what I remember from her in the past. I think Scott's good influence on her fitness is already being seen..

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
I caught some of the end of Sharapova-Radwanska when I got home yesterday night. Some really entertaining points in the last few games.. I was quite impressed by Sharapova's defense.. she was running from side to side to the net and back really fast and effectively. Better than what I remember from her in the past. I think Scott's good influence on her fitness is already being seen..
At the moment with Maria though the DFs are back. 15 VS Dementieva, 8 VS Radwanska. :lol:

I expect her to beat Azarenka though, who's basically Maria's mini-me. :D

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
At the moment with Maria though the DFs are back. 15 VS Dementieva, 8 VS Radwanska. :lol:

I expect her to beat Azarenka though, who's basically Maria's mini-me. :D

Yes, her serve is still shaky.. but I don't expect it ever to be super reliable again. She had a huge injury there.. :shrug: At least she is able to adapt, accept, fight and win, even with all the problems. :shrug:

I was mostly taken by her defense.. thought it was very good for her, compared to the past.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, her serve is still shaky.. but I don't expect it ever to be super reliable again. She had a huge injury there.. :shrug: At least she is able to adapt, accept, fight and win, even with all the problems. :shrug:

I was mostly taken by her defense.. thought it was very good for her, compared to the past.
At least it's not as bad as last year when she was making 21 DFs a match (well, VS Oudin at USO anyway). :D

Her motion actually looks like her earliest one now, from 2004 Wimbledon.

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:09 PM
At least it's not as bad as last year when she was making 21 DFs a match (well, VS Oudin at USO anyway). :D

Her motion actually looks like her earliest one now, from 2004 Wimbledon.

Yes, I think she is making progress...

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM

I expect her to beat Azarenka though, who's basically Maria's mini-me. :DOR you could call Vika,"Cheap,3rd-rate,less reliable,lower quality,sweatshop-factory knockoff of Sharapova."

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM
OR you could call Vika,"Cheap,3rd-rate,less reliable,lower quality,sweatshop-factory knockoff of Sharapova."

Come on Bruce.. no need for disrespect.

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
Additional comments on Senoglu: Although she insincerely pledged to continue her blog with a 'I'll write to you tomorrow' closing,the text of her final blog on Thursday indicated that she had to go somewhere on Friday...perhaps to qualies of a big ITF...so that mitigates her level of offense: At least she gave fans a degree of fair warning that she might not be around....and that's a lot more than loudmouthed,phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs did at Wimbledon

It looks bad for Big Masha now...like all those long matches might be catching up with her...so she'll suffer the indignity of losing to the Diet,Sugar-free,Practically Tasteless 'Sharapova' named Azarenka....In most horror films,there's either (1)an extremely ditzy girl...or (2)a rich,bitchy one that everyone hated(and wasn't missed when she was 'offed')...or BOTH...whom the slasher wound up killing at some point....Harkleroad or Oudin is in Category 1.....and Vika is a prototype for Category 2

EDIT: Congratulations,Vika! Even though you're almost a 100% pure Puta,I'm glad for you that you received a nice birthday present to celebrate

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Rogers Cup keep being SO classy.. this time with Venus Williams. :spit:

Look at how they refer to her after she withdrew from the tournament with a knee injury today, in a conversation with Stephanie Myles (the journalist that wrote the piece where Lapierre smashes Ana):

exposbabe Venus out of Montreal. about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/exposbabe/status/21096248971

exposbabe I won the Venus pool: I said Friday, after the draw, so that things would get messed up. about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/exposbabe/status/21096488203

CoupeRogers @exposbabe Good call! She has outdone herself yet again, just when u think she can't sink any lower... about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to exposbabe

http://twitter.com/couperogers/statuses/21096559533

This is the official twitter from the tournament, many times run by the own tournament director.. no suprise it's class then.. :rolleyes:

Honestly.. I've never seen a tournament treat players like this.. amazing! I hope Ana never sets foot there again!

jelenacg
Aug 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I have no words :speakles::help:
Wtf is wrong with them :weirdo:

Meanwhile Marion is playing awful ,0-5 down ,already made 3 DF and won whole 7 points :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 13th, 2010, 11:40 PM
On the other hand Maria's serve looks much better. Maria's probably the leader in the USO series right now, or close to it anyway.

jelenacg
Aug 13th, 2010, 11:58 PM
On the other hand Maria's serve looks much better. Maria's probably the leader in the USO series right now, or close to it anyway.

I`m watching Federer-Berdych now but i know Maria`s whole game improved a lot
No matter how good is Maria, Marion is probably playing bad .She won 3/23 return points and she even won 1 point on Maria`s first serve :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Roger's become such a headcase. Berdych up 5-2 in the third. :)

bruce goose
Aug 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Roger's become such a headcase. Berdych up 5-2 in the third. :)Aaron,I don't retract what I said about the double standards but,obviously,I think you've got your good qualities...otherwise,I wouldn't chat with you at all....Matter of fact,you've done me a HUGE favor by chasing a tearful Caro onto my lap for consolation....Thanks for the help:hatoff:

On a more serious note,I'm disappointed to hear that Nole had a fling with a married woman....I'd always dreamed of seeing him and Ana together but,if he's no different than the typical ATP player--the scummy playboy type--then Ana deserves someone much better.If this was just a one-time thing where Nole was captivated by some sexy female celeb,then maybe we can cut him SOME slack...still,I'm disappointed with him.

In a parallel dimension not too far removed from ours,Novak and Ana are happily married,and Ana is rock solid,having won multiple Slams already.She destroyed Serena in the RG QFs(not at all improbable),and that gave her more confidence to face SW on other surfaces.Novak is sterile so he and Ana have mad love-making sessions during their off weeks,yet Ana never gets pregnant.Don't worry,though,b/c Ana's dreams of a family have already begun as she and Nole have adopted two lovely children,with plans for more in the future:)

Back in OUR dimension,though,Ana and Nole are just the best of platonic friends--for NOW;)--and also partners in the upcoming Hopman Cup.If anything special changes between now and then,perhaps we could use THIS song below as their entrance music for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopQYsbLrzI

The video,which cuts a small portion from the song,is kinda loony....but in a charming sort of way:lol:...and the lyrics are LOADED with innuendo that would surely get folks talking whenever Ana and Nole played it before one of their Doubles events.The lead vocalist,Rob Halford,seems to be a confused bi-sexual in his personal life...but we could DEFINITELY apply the lyrics to Ana and Nole if they won Slams together:cool:

Davodus
Aug 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Rogers Cup keep being SO classy.. this time with Venus Williams. :spit:

Look at how they refer to her after she withdrew from the tournament with a knee injury today, in a conversation with Stephanie Myles (the journalist that wrote the piece where Lapierre smashes Ana):

http://twitter.com/exposbabe/status/21096248971

http://twitter.com/exposbabe/status/21096488203

http://twitter.com/couperogers/statuses/21096559533

This is the official twitter from the tournament, many times run by the own tournament director.. no suprise it's class then.. :rolleyes:

Honestly.. I've never seen a tournament treat players like this.. amazing! I hope Ana never sets foot there again!

Omfg I just saw this...I'm shocked they could even be so disrespectful...and to a player like Venus as well. That's utterly pathetic...who do they think they are? Venus herself is bigger than that tournament. That Stephanie Myles is a classless bitch too.

DefyingGravity
Aug 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
So, who are you guys rooting for in the Cincy final?

Curtos07
Aug 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Kim. :)

bruce goose
Aug 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I've been thinking this for a while and wanna share it now:Is Makiri the most awesome,adaptable Doubles player or what??Not to take any credit away from the WS,who deserve praise for their greatness,but it's gotta help when you've played together since elementary school...not to mention having enormous,God-given athletic talent.I suspect that either of the WS would have ordinary results if they paired with other partners...........Yet,every time I turn around,Makiri is either winning Doubles titles or reaching the Finals...even when it's with a new partner whom she's never played with before.Also,she appears to be adaptable,personality-wise;she wins when paired with other sweet gals...or with conceited,obnoxious bitches......Well,all I can add is that I'm highly impressed with Li'l Masha:hatoff:

bruce goose
Aug 15th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Well,I posted before the 2nd-set TB started...and,since then,Makiri has won ANOTHER Doubles title...this time with Vika.I'd even say that the Makiri Sweetness Factor offsets the Vika Negativity Quotient...and THAT'S not easy to do:p....Of course,it doesn't hurt that they're a smokin'-hot doubles pair:hearts::hearts:.........Nothing against the gritty Lisa Raymond,but another benefit is that phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs lost and,unless a pair reaches a GS final,only tournament winners receive much attention in Doubles...being runners-up doesn't bring you lots of airtime...if ANY...and I'm in favor of almost anything that keeps the microphone and camera away from Stubbs:cool:.....Way to go,Makiri/Vika!:worship:

doni1212
Aug 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Kim!

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
What an awful match between Kim and Maria
Kim is playing so good :spit:Only 7 DFs in first set.Good luck defending your title with this type of play :o

DefyingGravity
Aug 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry guys, it's raining there too!

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Sharapova choked the second set away and then got a left foot injury.. Kim has been lucky this tournament! She will win this after having saved 3 MPs..

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Sharapova choked the second set away and then got a left foot injury.. Kim has been lucky this tournament! She will win this after having saved 3 MPs..

Tennis is such a cruel sport sometimes :bigcry:
Maria was totally winning this match ,i didn`t watch after rain delay until 1-1 third set .So i see Maria choked and now she might even be injured :tape:Maria is not even grunting anymore :sad:
Now watch her withdraw from Montreal :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Tennis is such a cruel sport sometimes :bigcry:
Maria was totally winning this match ,i didn`t watch after rain delay until 1-1 third set .So i see Maria choked and now she might even be injured :tape:Maria is not even grunting anymore :sad:
Now watch her withdraw from Montreal :lol:

She has definitely been affected by the injury.. Not only did she stop grunting, but at a point she was testing out the ankle by mocking a serve. She then double faulted twice in a row.

It obviously didn't look as bad as what Ana had.. I mean.. Ana could barely walk afterwards.. Masha is playing on, and running on it.. but has been obviously been a bit affected by it..

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2010, 10:57 PM
And Kim wins it. Got lucky in the last 2 matches.

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2010, 11:01 PM
And Kim wins it. Got lucky in the last 2 matches.

Maria really was unlucky here
First rain ,than she blew MPs,injury ...:tape: She left the court immediately.:sad: Masha :hug:
Anyway Kim is not winning US Open with this form .She needs to improve a lot

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Maria really was unlucky here
First rain ,than she blew MPs,injury ...:tape: She left the court immediately.:sad: Masha :hug:
Anyway Kim is not winning US Open with this form .She needs to improve a lot

It seems like the Universe conspired for Kim to win the title.. first Ana injures herself early in the semis, so Kim doesn't break a sweat.. then when she is playing like crap and almost losing, comes the rain. And in the third set Sharapova injuries herself. Lots of things happening to help her out.

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM
And Sharapova pulls out of Montreal.

I hope she is ok.. though her injury really didn't seem bad at all.. it seems she will only need a few days of rest.

spiritedenergy
Aug 16th, 2010, 02:15 AM
And Sharapova pulls out of Montreal.

I hope she is ok.. though her injury really didn't seem bad at all.. it seems she will only need a few days of rest.

a smart move... Montreal is sinking so low:lol::help: They are losing everyone, most probably even Kim (she'll probably play actually but she might crash out soon)... who's left? Wozniacki, JJ, Azarenka...

Davodus
Aug 16th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Kim beat Sharapova the exact same way Ana beat Azarenka :lol: 6-2 5-3* down, then won 2-6 7-6 6-2 :lol: I notice weird things like that :p

Officinale
Aug 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I have a question about Sharapova - the German commentator keeps telling that she's testing a racket of a new brand, so she will switch most probably? The racket's shape still looks like a Prince to me and besides, I thought I remember that she signed a life-long deal with Prince. No?

Davodus
Aug 16th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I heard she was using a head racquet because it was better suited to her shoulder, and Prince racquets were causing her shoulder and elbow pain...and I also heard she is only using this head racquet blacked out without the P while Prince design a similar racquet for her, to protect her shoulder, then she will go back to using their stuff...not sure if that's true though.

jelenacg
Aug 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM
cTl3U6aSd2w

Anyone willing to try this with Ana and her ball toss? :lol::spit:

Shinjiro
Aug 16th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Omg is this real?!

jelenacg
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Omg is this real?!

I don`t know :shrug: But i think he can do it
He is goat after all :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 16th, 2010, 11:35 PM
How can he be GOAT? He's not even the best across all surfaces and could only win the French Open when Nadal lost early. :lol:

Davodus
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
How can he be GOAT? He's not even the best across all surfaces and could only win the French Open when Nadal lost early. :lol:

He's won 16 slams :shrug:

That vid is so cool :lol: Imagine being the guy with the bottle and letting it come that fast at you, what if he mistimed it just a bit? :lol:

Shinjiro
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:17 AM
FO or not I think he'll be GOAT contender for centuries to come. :) [/Off topic]

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:22 AM
He's won 16 slams :shrug:

That vid is so cool :lol: Imagine being the guy with the bottle and letting it come that fast at you, what if he mistimed it just a bit? :lol:

I guess...but Margaret Court won the most singles slams and not very many see her as the GOAT. :shrug: I think more people consider Graf or Navrat the GOAT.

For me it's not a foregone conclusion just because he's won 16 slams. He's behind Nadal on clay surface, H2H and even MS titles. In many ways he's not even the best of his era.

But I digress. :shrug::p

Shinjiro
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:27 AM
H2H is misleading, did more than fine on clay during his prime and slams (and masters cups to an extent) are what really count in the end of the day.

Davodus
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I guess...but Margaret Court won the most singles slams and not very many see her as the GOAT. :shrug: I think more people consider Graf or Navrat the GOAT.

For me it's not a foregone conclusion just because he's won 16 slams. He's behind Nadal on clay surface, H2H and even MS titles. In many ways he's not even the best of his era.

At this stage he is absolutely the best of his Generation ;) 6 wimbledons, 5 US opens, 4 Australian opens...he might be behind Nadal on clay but he is certainly ahead of him everywhere else :shrug:
I think the only other player you could see as better than him in history is Rod Laver.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM

Margaret Court,please :rolleyes:
In the end of the day people will remember his 16 slams or more if he wins.Same with Graf .Do you ever think about what might have been with Graf`s career if Monica hasn`t been stabbed .Maybe she wouldn`t win so many GS titles.I personally think she wouldn`t .:shrug:
But who cares now about that.People only remember 22 slams

Imagine if Federer didn`t have Nadal as his rival ,or even better just look at the time Rafa was injured.Federer won all GS he played.

And about Rafa-Fed H2H ,even as Rafa fan i have to agree it`s really misleading.I read somewhere they didn`t play each other on US hard court for more than 5 years :eek:
So Fed was good enough to reach all those clay finals(Rafa`s best surface) and play against Rafa but you can`t say the same thing about Rafa and fast courts (Federer`s best surface)

Davodus
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Margaret Court,please :rolleyes:
In the end of the day people will remember his 16 slams or more if he wins.Same with Graf .Do you ever think about what might have been with Graf`s career if Monica hasn`t been stabbed .Maybe she wouldn`t win so many GS titles.I personally think she wouldn`t .:shrug:
But who cares now about that.People only remember 22 slams

Imagine if Federer didn`t have Nadal as his rival ,or even better just look at the time Rafa was injured.Federer won all GS he played.

And about Rafa-Fed H2H ,even as Rafa fan i have to agree it`s really misleading.I read somewhere they didn`t play each other on US hard court for more than 5 years :eek:
So Fed was good enough to reach all those clay finals(Rafa`s best surface) and play against Rafa but you can`t say the same thing about Rafa and fast courts (Federer`s best surface)

Very wise, Jelena :p :lol: That's interesting about them not playing on US hardcourt, because that's easily the surface for Roger to beat Nadal on but they never get to play...I mean you can see when they played indoors in the Masters Cup a couple of years back and Roger thrashed him that he matches up very well on a fast hardcourt.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Very wise, Jelena :p :lol: That's interesting about them not playing on US hardcourt, because that's easily the surface for Roger to beat Nadal on but they never get to play...I mean you can see when they played indoors in the Masters Cup a couple of years back and Roger thrashed him that he matches up very well on a fast hardcourt.

Yes on fast hard courts Federer is the favorite ,simply bc Rafa`s game is not suited for fast courts.His spin doesn`t do much damage there and his return is not good .5 years is such a long period of time .I guess their H2H would be different if Rafa was the one reaching all those finals on his opponents best surface and not Federer :lol:

Also Federer was always #2 player on clay while Rafa was dominating ,but Rafa never was #2 player on fast courts.Del Potro,Murray ,Novak are better than him
Although if they were playing a GS final ,i would still put my money on Rafa beating them ,bc GS final is something more ...

Davodus
Aug 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Yes on fast hard courts Federer is the favorite ,simply bc Rafa`s game is not suited for fast courts.His spin doesn`t do much damage there and his return is not good .5 years is such a long period of time .I guess their H2H would be different if Rafa was the one reaching all those finals on his opponents best surface and not Federer :lol:

Also Federer was always #2 player on clay while Rafa was dominating ,but Rafa never was #2 player on fast courts.Del Potro,Murray ,Novak are better than him
Although if they were playing a GS final ,i would still put my money on Rafa beating them ,bc GS final is something more ...

Yep I agree, overall they are more effective hard court players than he is...but you never know in a slam final :lol:
I mean, I think it is really telling how well Roger does on every surface, like yes he isn't the best on clay but he still has 1 RG title, and 3 other RG finals, some MS titles/finals also on clay...and that's his worst surface :lol:

Shinjiro
Aug 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Like you say, you never know with these mental midgets – Murray, Birdie, Soda and Djoke. Nadal has to be the favourite in any Slam final.

However, I'd love to see a USO final between Rafa and del Potro. :drool:

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 01:01 AM
THE SECOND HALF

Honestly,I don't dislike JJ at all;I can't help respect a player who has played the WS each a handful of times...and has an overall winning record against the pair.Only Hingis is even close to JJ's mark in that area,and I consider it an admirable accomplishment....Having said that,my loyalty is to ANA,so I've got to rib JJ once in a while just for GP:p.

Many of you probably don't know JJ's P.R. guy...who's a very blunt-speaking American....Here below,he discusses the Second Half of JJ's 2010 season:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

In case some of you can't read lips,the bleeped-out word was "horse-shit" and,if you're unfamiliar with North American English,that is NOT a metaphor for 'high quality':lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:34 AM
THE SECOND HALF

Honestly,I don't dislike JJ at all;I can't help respect a player who has played the WS each a handful of times...and has an overall winning record against the pair.Only Hingis is even close to JJ's mark in that area,and I consider it an admirable accomplishment....Having said that,my loyalty is to ANA,so I've got to rib JJ once in a while just for GP:p.

Many of you probably don't know JJ's P.R. guy...who's a very blunt-speaking American....Here below,he discusses the Second Half of JJ's 2010 season:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

In case some of you can't read lips,the bleeped-out word was "horse-shit" and,if you're unfamiliar with North American English,that is NOT a metaphor for 'high quality':lol:

:awww: Can't say I disagree.

Just my opinion of course but I find JJ much worse than Vika. Sure Vika's temperamental but at least she doesn't blame her period on her losses. :spit:

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:42 AM
:awww: Can't say I disagree.

Just my opinion of course but I find JJ much worse than Vika. Sure Vika's temperamental but at least she doesn't blame her period on her losses. :spit:Well,you might be right on that,Aaron...it's a relative judgment,I suppose...however,aye DO respect JJ's tennis accomplishments a lot more

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Well,you might be right on that,Aaron...it's a relative judgment,I suppose...however,aye DO respect JJ's tennis accomplishments a lot more

Yes, true. I can't say I'm unhappy that during the USO series Ana's been outperforming her so far. :angel: I hope it can continue at the Open.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
DrewLilley

Justine Henin's elbow is healing but the process is slower than expected. She doesn't want to take any risks so is shutting down til 2011. less than a minute ago via web

:eek:

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM
:eek:

Wow :eek:
Her comeback is such a fail comparing to her standards.I wouldn`t be surprised if she decided to retire again in 2011 :shrug:

I respected her way more when she retired in 2008 while being #1 and playing some good tennis

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
:eek:Should we assume that that's a firm decision(and an accurate report)...or might she have only said that she's THINKING about taking the season off??

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Should we assume that that's a firm decision(and an accurate report)...or might she have only said that she's THINKING about taking the season off??

She announced it over her web. Will only resume training in october.. so won't come back until 2011.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Safina beat Petrova today in Montreal saving 19 BPs out of 23. What's the jury? Petrova sucks or Safina's clutch? :spit:

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Safina beat Petrova today in Montreal saving 19 BPs out of 23. What's the jury? Petrova sucks or Safina's clutch? :spit:

Petrova sucks :p
Anyway i`m glad for Dinara ,who cares about Petrova :lol:

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Safina beat Petrova today in Montreal saving 19 BPs out of 23. What's the jury? Petrova sucks or Safina's clutch? :spit:Maybe a bit of both:lol:....thanks for confirming the Henin news,Joya de C.Z.:)

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Serena out of USO.

I bet we will have a very random winner.. and Caro will end up year end number 1..

:shrug:

Curtos07
Aug 20th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Serena out of USO.

I bet we will have a very random winner.. and Caro will end up year end number 1..

:shrug:

It's very wide open now. I would say Sharapova is the favorite if healthy, but I am not sure anymore.

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Oh my.. Kim can go from playing great to missing every single forehand.. amazing.. So inconsistent.

Such a pity Ana couldn't compete in their match.. I think she had a great shot.

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:48 PM
It seems Kim has a thigh injury.. she has just lost 8 games in a row..

Woz number 1 seed for USO. :eek:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:57 PM
And Vera wins..

51 UEs for Kim.

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:57 PM
It seems Kim has a thigh injury.. she has just lost 8 games in a row..

Woz number 1 seed for USO. :eek:

Who cares,she is going out early anyway with a descent draw :shrug:There will be many dangerous floaters in the draw

This US Open will be interesting,Masha has a big chance now imo

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Who cares,she is going out early anyway with a descent draw :shrug:There will be many dangerous floaters in the draw

This US Open will be interesting,Masha has a big chance now imo

Yes, Masha definitely has a big chance. But it might as well end up being won by a random player.. someone who has the tournament of her life.. like Schiavone in RG.

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, Masha definitely has a big chance. But it might as well end up being won by a random player.. someone who has the tournament of her life.. like Schiavone in RG.

Also Azarenka might have a good run :shrug:
I would definitely say Masha and Azarenka.
Is Stosur playing US Open?

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Also Azarenka might have a good run :shrug:
I would definitely say Masha and Azarenka.
Is Stosur playing US Open?

Yes.. Azarennka can also make a run.

Stosur is playing.. she is also in the New Haven draw.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM
lol, Wozniacki as the top seed at a slam. :happy:

Yeah yeah, I'm a filthy hater I know but honestly. :help:

Davodus
Aug 21st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Serena out and Kim injured :o Who the hell is gonna win the USO...Probably Amanmuradova or something.

bruce goose
Aug 21st, 2010, 01:15 AM
lol, Wozniacki as the top seed at a slam. :happy:

Yeah yeah, I'm a filthy hater I know but honestly. :help:I'll actually agree with you on this one,Aaron......but I still say she's only 20 years old and might change her attitude about remaining a pusher-for-life.....I certainly hope she does cuz it'll look pretty ignorant if she keeps doing the same things and expecting different results.....She'll never win a Slam like that;the best she could ever expect would be sporadic,no-chance-in-hell Finals appearances,a` la MJFernandez

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 21st, 2010, 01:20 AM
I'll actually agree with you on this one,Aaron......but I still say she's only 20 years old and might change her attitude about remaining a pusher-for-life.....I certainly hope she does cuz it'll look pretty ignorant if she keeps doing the same things and expecting different results.....She'll never win a Slam like that;the best she could ever expect would be sporadic,no-chance-in-hell Finals appearances,a` la MJFernandez

Well she may have played the match of her life here, but these are actually very enjoyable highlights of Caroline. I was very impressed.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18266000&postcount=1

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 21st, 2010, 04:16 AM
On another note I've been highly disappointed with Verdasco lately. He's been acting like Ana was in the worst of her slump off-court. Too much partying, no focus.

His temper has also been shocking lately. He recently called a linejudge a 'puta niña'. I looked it up on Google Translate and it said 'fucking child'. :o

He had a great clay season, since then nothing. I think he'll lose early at the USO. Maybe even first round. He needs a wake-up call. As he's defending a QF it would mean a drop in the rankings but I don't care right now. I just want him to be given a wake-up call.

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm watching a bit of Woz-Vera.. I'll always scratch my head when I see players covering the DTL and leaving the cross court open when playing Caro. She plays CC 90% of the time.

:scratch:

Should be an easy match and title for her if Vera doesn't change her tactics.

bruce goose
Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'm watching a bit of Woz-Vera.. I'll always scratch my head when I see players covering the DTL and leaving the cross court open when playing Caro. She plays CC 90% of the time.

:scratch:

Should be an easy match and title for her if Vera doesn't change her tactics.I like Li'l Bepa a bit....but she is insane;she talks to imaginary friends while on the tennis court...some of whom live under her towel

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
I like Li'l Bepa a bit....but she is insane;she talks to imaginary friends while on the tennis court...some of whom live under her towel

:spit:

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Zvonareva had 3 BPs.. Caro saves them all and wins the set. I don't like Caro's game AT ALL.. but I have to admire her mentality.. girl fights.

jelenacg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Zvonareva had 3 BPs.. Caro saves them all and wins the set. I don't like Caro's game AT ALL.. but I have to admire her mentality.. girl fights.

It`s not hard to have better mentality than Vera :lol: Congrats to Caro but this tournament was such a joke.I`m hopping for Masha-Caro R16 at US Open ,is that possible??

Read on twitter that JJ won a wooden spoon here :worship: :happy:
Top seed Jankovic lost to Benesova ,lost to Bartoli,lost to Azarenka ,lost to Zvonareva,lost to Wozniacki :lol:

Also Oudin heads to New York on a four-match losing streak ,wow :worship:

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:54 PM
It`s not hard to have better mentality than Vera :lol: Congrats to Caro but this tournament was such a joke.I`m hopping for Masha-Caro R16 at US Open ,is that possible??

Top seed Jankovic lost to Benesova ,lost to Bartoli,lost to Azarenka ,lost to Zvonareva,lost to Wozniacki :lol:

Also Oudin heads to New York on a four-match losing streak ,wow :worship:

Hey Jelena!

A Masha-Caro 4th round is posible. ;)

Oudin.. :help:

jelenacg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Hey Jelena!

A Masha-Caro 4th round is posible. ;)

Oudin.. :help:

Yeah :help: Did she reach QF s or R16 last year i can`t remember

Laura Robson plays Jelena Dokic in the first round of US Open qualifying.
Interesting :)

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah :help: Did she reach QF s or R16 last year i can`t remember

Laura Robson plays Jelena Dokic in the first round of US Open qualifying.
Interesting :)

Oudin lost to Wozniacki in the QFs. That's 500 points to defend.. :unsure:

Robson-Dokic is a tough first round at qualies..

jelenacg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
Oudin lost to Wozniacki in the QFs. That's 500 points to defend.. :unsure:

Robson-Dokic is a tough first round at qualies..

And that`s only 1st round :eek: I don`t see Oudin defending all those points

Davodus
Aug 24th, 2010, 12:57 AM

this girl :rolleyes: always trying to copy everything Ana does. Ana does it in the slams JJ :rolleyes:

azdaja
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:52 AM
this girl :rolleyes: always trying to copy everything Ana does. Ana does it in the slams JJ :rolleyes:
yeah, but let's not forget jj has yet to mimic ana winning a grand slam title. it seems it doesn't matter if we are talking about real titles or wooden spoons, jj = fail at grand slams. i guess she will stick to mimicking ana's fistpumps.

Davodus
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:07 AM
yeah, but let's not forget jj has yet to mimic ana winning a grand slam title. it seems it doesn't matter if we are talking about real titles or wooden spoons, jj = fail at grand slams. i guess she will stick to mimicking ana's fistpumps.

Exactly, she tries to copy Ana but always at irrelevant events like Montreal. Unable to deliver in slams :p So all she has is mimicking and body glitter :p

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Couldn't help mentioning that the WTA webpage is sometimes more delusional than Ana has been in her WORST days.Varvaro Lepchenko was destroying Petrova 6-1,5-1 when she suddenly lost 12 of 13 games while barely winning any points....Now,I'll grant you that Nadia is a talented player but,tbh,Varva may have exceeded her expectations by reaching the N.H. MD thru qualies and,just by coincidence;),she had to play the USO qualies the very next day follwing her scheduled match with Nadia......I realize that the WTA page can't openly accuse Lepchenko of tanking unless she confesses,but......would it hurt to suggest that maybe--just MAYBE:p--Varva might've been somewhat distracted by her required qualy match at the USO:haha:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 25th, 2010, 04:25 AM
So Woz finally won a Tier 1. :p

BTW, nobody agrees with my post about Verdasco?

gloria7
Aug 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I agree with your post about Fer.
I think he always been like this -pissed off,angry,nervous,bitter.When i first saw him on TV, he was playing against Rafa at RG '07( i think).He was so nervous,aggressive,arguing with the crowd,line judges and chair umpire.When he lost that match,he said something to Rafa and i thought that they were not friends.Then i saw him against Novak at Madrid Masters,same thing again + "tu puta madre" every 10 seconds.I was so surprised when i saw him dating Ana..but now i can say ,that "change" was the "cosmetic"one.
He was so angry at the French crowd in Nice:"You are the worst audience in the world" ,"puta madre","who's got the balls now?"...And match against Mardy,oh...to say "Marry Christmas" to a Jew is more than stupid.And he didn't want to shake hands with the umpire,he didn't show up at the press conference after that.
Seems that he can't handle fame and that party lifestyle.Fer behaves like whole world owes him something,he looks so bitter,cranky and out of tune.Seems that most important thinf to him is to have as many famous and rich friends.That become a measure of his success.

gaviotabr
Aug 25th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Interesting article on womans tennis at the NY Times. Some nice slow motion videos as well.

There is a paragraph on Ana.. but well.. talks about how she used to be the future of tennis until she slumped. :sobbing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/magazine/29Tennis-t.html?_r=1

bruce goose
Aug 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Didn't want to pollute Ana's USO thread with any references to the discarded trash...but I find it interesting that no one seems to miss that effeminate putt-putt piece of shit...that speaks volumes,IMO.You can understand why reporters don't ask Ana about him b/c she's made it clear that she doesn't like discussing relationships sometimes...but even tHAT is a huge 180 from how it was in 2009.....

Yet Ana often generates tons of discussion and gossip since folks are interested in her;I've yet to see one article in this forum where people ruefully wonder,"Where's Cellblock Bitch Adam?:sad:He was such a wonderful match for Ana:sobbing:."

It's no surprise that some silly youngsters got caught up in the ridiculous idea that two physically attractive people are automatically a great pairing...regardless of all the evidence that existed to the contrary...yet even the younger ones seem to have realized what a slimy,selfish parasite CBA is...how harmful he was to Ana's career and her personal growth...and what a horrible introduction that pimp Sven helped orchestrate into Ana's life...anyone with eyes can tell how much happier and stable Ana is now;she respects herself a lot more(as seen with how she handled LaPierre)....Most of you pro'bly recall the lonely,unvisited grave that was shown to Scrooge by the Ghost of Christmas Future;not counting some hopelessly horny swishes,CBA has become just as unwanted.......which is an accurate reflection of what scum he is.Enjoy the irrelevance of being a barely-Top 50-golfer,asshole!:wavey:.......and good luck to you and Kate on her next STD test at the clinic:lol:

Tennis90
Aug 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM
^Ok,I'll just ignore tons of insults and your hatred towards Adam(I can't seem to understand why you think he's sooo not good for her)
but am I missing something,they are not together anymore? :O

bruce goose
Aug 28th, 2010, 10:33 PM
^Ok,I'll just ignore tons of insults and your hatred towards Adam(I can't seem to understand why you think he's sooo not good for her)
but am I missing something,they are not together anymore? :OSince you're a Serb fan of Ana's,I'll assume you were being facetious:lol:.....As for your question,all the evidence points to the idea that Ana dumped that phony,toxic-waste Guy Smiley.....They were only a short distance from each other while Ana was in Cincy...yet no sign of any contact at all.Smart move by Ana,of course;no need to search for a bowel movement after you've flushed it down the toilet:lol::lol::lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I'm guessing I was one of those silly youngsters. :lol::p

When I said that I didn't know the full story. I'm not so much into Ana's personal life.

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I'm not so much into Ana's personal life.....And it shouldn't be an issue at all...but Ana MADE it an issue back when she failed to prioritize correctly.Your Masha is also very desired by men but she never has that sort of problem...nor do most all top players......The biggest problems were that Ana chose a phony scumbag who PRETENDs to be Mr.Nice Guy--part of his act--and tried to turn her into a mindless Vaidisova clone who'd follow him at the snap of his fingers.Just like the Swedish girl who eventually figured out what a loser he was,Ana finally realized she had no future with a bum who cared nothing about her tennis dreams...and also openly laughed at her dreams of having a family someday.Guys like that need to prey on either immature gals...or easy sluts like Kate Hudson.Ana showed LaPierre that she respects herself,and will make a stand if necessary;it's no coincidence that she did that,AND improved on court(Rome and Cincy),after dumping the garbage

Tennis90
Aug 29th, 2010, 05:19 AM
What a bunch of.....
Lol but everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course :)

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 29th, 2010, 05:20 AM
....And it shouldn't be an issue at all...but Ana MADE it an issue back when she failed to prioritize correctly.Your Masha is also very desired by men but she never has that sort of problem...nor do most all top players......The biggest problems were that Ana chose a phony scumbag who PRETENDs to be Mr.Nice Guy--part of his act--and tried to turn her into a mindless Vaidisova clone who'd follow him at the snap of his fingers.Just like the Swedish girl who eventually figured out what a loser he was,Ana finally realized she had no future with a bum who cared nothing about her tennis dreams...and also openly laughed at her dreams of having a family someday.Guys like that need to prey on either immature gals...or easy sluts like Kate Hudson.Ana showed LaPierre that she respects herself,and will make a stand if necessary;it's no coincidence that she did that,AND improved on court(Rome and Cincy),after dumping the garbage

Oh well, now it's over and Ana wants to win again so let's buckle up. :cool:

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 05:28 AM
What a bunch of.....
Lol but everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course :)All you need to do is pull your head out of your ass and take a whiff of common sense;you were so out of touch with reality that you were oblivious to the obvious facts of their break-up:lol:.Maybe you're one of those swishes who was infatuated with the putt-putt parasite....If you REALLY think that Ana was happier with herself back then well,like you said,everyone is entitled to their opinion....no matter how dumb it might be....I could say that,in my OPINION,Brie Whitehead was more talented than Steffi Graf...and no one could empirically disprove that...but details tend to strenghten arguments...and few people disagree that Ana is happier and more poised NOW.She's playing solid tennis for the first time since 2008:cool:...just 'by coincidence',that's happened after she ditched the loser

Tennis90
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I see you've given this a lot of thought,maybe a bit too much?
As long as she's happy...I don't care about anything else.
I haven't even heard they broke up....maybe that's just your imagination?Any source..>?
And please don't tell me what to do with my head....

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I haven't even heard they broke up....maybe that's just your imagination?Any source..>?
And please don't tell me what to do with my head....Well,if you only care about Ana's happiness,then you should be pleased that she's showing so much more poise now...that she's happy to be back on the tennis court.There's such a mountain of evidence available to you on how Ana regressed as a person during that so-called 'relationship'...and also plenty of evidence on what a phony sleazebag that guy is.Instead of declaring his love for Ana(which didn't exist at all,apparently),he said he was 'flattered' to be romantically linked with Kate Hudson,who's slutty even by the low,American-actress standards....If you can't piece it together yourself,then why don't you ask our resident Ana encyclopedia Isabela(Gaviotabr) to explain it to you via PM;it should be extra-easy research

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Oh well, now it's over and Ana wants to win again so let's buckle up. :cool:Forgot to mention,Aaron....I have an ulterior motive in cheering for Vika to do well at the USO...so I hope that she does....Don't see her making the QFs cuz Schiavone is in her path,and Fran has a cupcake draw prior to that stage.Fran totally outsmarted Vika previously and'll probably do it again IF Vika makes it that far....If it's any consolation to you,though,I won't badmouth her if she surprises me:angel:

gaviotabr
Aug 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
And please don't tell me what to do with my head....

Maybe this is not the place to discuss all of this, but I'll reply...

First, did you really see her happy? I haven't seen a genuinely happy glowing Ana in ages. Even being a beautiful giggly person, I've been seeing her a bit burned for the past year or so.. One of the things that always stood out for me on Ana was that she had some extra spark, an ever present glow, a natural light about her. There have been some time that this light seems weak or off to me. And not only on court. But that's my perception and maybe it's wrong. I've only recently seen her look genuinely glowing and happy again and that was after she beat Agkul in Cincy.. not even in Rome had I seen her that light up.

As for why we think they might have broken up even though there is no confirmation is because we have strong reason to believe they haven't seen each other at all for over 4 months. And that included weeks off for him and her and they didn't bother to go see each other. 4 months is a loong time to go apart IMHO.. but I'm still waiting for some sort of official confirmation. I did a week by week location of both, it's in their thread.

jelenacg
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:03 PM
JJ`s mother jinxed them :lol: We haven`t seen them together since that famous coffee :lol:
Can`t say i`m sorry about that
And yeah we have strong reasons to believe they are not together anymore

gaviotabr
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM
JJ`s mother jinxed them :lol: We haven`t seen them together since that famous coffee :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:12 PM

That`s the only good thing that woman did her whole life :ras:

gaviotabr
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 10:25 PM
:spit:You can rightfully blame ME for starting the debate,Izzy.I don't know if the other poster is truly a Serb--or merely adopts the flag here at TF in order to support Ana symbolically...but it'd really surprise me if ANY Serbian fan of Ana's would make excuses for that piece of putt-putt toxic waste.Anyone who issues press statements full of blatant lies--which can easily be disproven--about their previous relationships,in order to foister some phony Mr.Clean image on the public,is either a politician,a lying sack of shit.....or BOTH:lol:

As I said previously,I didn't wanna include any of that stuff in Ana's tournament thread,so I posted it here.It truly hit me profoundly that EVERYone--or ALMOST everyone;)--despite our differences of opinions,recognized how much brighter Ana is NOW compared to the skin-deep,quickly-fading smiles from the golf course.Though they aren't romantic bonds,of course,Ana's getting such positive re-inforcement and support--and it's visibly strenghtened her--from Mariya and Heinz,and this is in stark contrast to the mental manipulation from Cellblock Bitch Adam,Dec.2008-April 2010.....thankfully not in constant doses

Davodus
Aug 30th, 2010, 12:55 AM

:haha:

Tennis90
Aug 30th, 2010, 06:56 AM
OMG you really hate this guy :D

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM
OMG you really hate this guy :DActually,I just like Ana and don't enjoy seeing her get hurt.I've seen lots of shallow,phony guys like that so there's EASY for me to spot.From the very first beach photos in Jan.2009,aye KNEW she'd go into an extra-deep slump until she got rid of him.Unfortunately,I was right...but FORTUNATELY...she finally woke up and got the help she needed:cool:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm gonna say nice-only things about Caro for a while. See what life feels like on the other side of the fence. :lol: The idea that I'm turning into Kworb scares me a tiny bit. :sad:

gaviotabr
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm gonna say nice-only things about Caro for a while. See what life feels like on the other side of the fence. :lol: The idea that I'm turning into Kworb scares me a tiny bit. :sad:

I've actually started to admire Caro. I mean.. I still find her game totally ugly.. but girl is a fighter with mental strength.. and I kinda miss that in today's tour full of complete headcases.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:37 PM

I've actually started to admire Caro. I mean.. I still find her game totally ugly.. but girl is a fighter with mental strength.. and I kinda miss that in today's tour full of complete headcases.

True. There's a headcase epidemic on tour at the moment. :lol:

Ana at her peak used to be like Caro mentally at times.

The 2nd Law
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:38 PM

:worship:

You're above being a troll hater :)

Davodus
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:40 PM
True. There's a headcase epidemic on tour at the moment. :lol:

Ana at her peak used to be like Caro mentally at times.

She was better :p Well, it was different...when Caro is down she just grinds and gets everything in...Ana used to hit even bigger and go for more winners...And all those matches she saved MP she saved basically with hitting huge winners. She was so clutch.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM
She was better :p Well, it was different...when Caro is down she just grinds and gets everything in...And used to hit even bigger and go for more winners...And all those matches she saved MP she saved basically with hitting huge winners. She was so clutch.

Aye. Hitting winners when down is a great asset. :hearts:

The 2nd Law
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
She was better :p Well, it was different...when Caro is down she just grinds and gets everything in...And used to hit even bigger and go for more winners...And all those matches she saved MP she saved basically with hitting huge winners. She was so clutch.

Or what about all those aces on BP's :worship: and I don't know how many second serve aces I've seen her hit too :worship:

Nole used to be like this too, particularly at AO 08 I remember him hitting aces/strong second serves almost every time he faced BP - especially in the 4th set vs. Tsonga IIRC. Sigh, I really miss that tournament :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM

:sobbing:

I miss old clutch Ana so much! :sobbing:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Or what about all those aces on BP's :worship: and I don't know how many second serve aces I've seen her hit too :worship:

Nole used to be like this too, particularly at AO 08 I remember him hitting aces/strong second serves almost every time he faced BP - especially in the 4th set vs. Tsonga IIRC. Sigh, I really miss that tournament :lol:

Oh, Nole's a mess. :o But he's hitting the ball well apparently. He should probably make the semis again. Maybe even further with the right draw. :devil:

The 2nd Law
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Oh, Nole's a mess. :o But he's hitting the ball well apparently. He should probably make the semis again. Maybe even further with the right draw. :devil:

I'm waiting for the GS in which he fucks up one of or two of or all of Rafa, Muzz and Fed :lol: Hopefully the time has come :P

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Just did a little research to confirm what a f--king joke the ATP is,and I found that only SIX different men have won Slams in the last SEVEN YEARS!!Four of those guys only have one isolated title to their names.There's the mega-fluke Gaudio who has practically evaporated into non-existence...may as well refer to him as retired:lol:...then you've got 2005 AO champ Safin who IS retired...and then there's the one-hit glory of Novak and JMDP....Other than that,it's nothing but Fed and Rafa......I'd love to see Nadal destroy the entire field on his weak,vulnerable surface so that the sad fraud known as the ATP will be exposed once and for all:cool:

jelenacg
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Interesting match between Safina and Daniela .:lol:
Dani is like always a big headcase :lol: and Safina is pushing all the way standing 2m behind baseline

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Interesting match between Safina and Daniela .:lol:
Dani is like always a big headcase :lol: and Safina is pushing all the way standing 2m behind baselineYeah,it's the new strategy that her coaching team has come up with;she's gonna be a full-time pusher and use her awesome lateral movement to race around the court like JJ or Caro:help:

gaviotabr
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Soderling.. :banghead: Ana's match will end up being super late.

Hantuchova held her nerve and served it out. Why is Dinara pushing so much?

Curtos07
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Looking like Ana's 1st round match will be starting around a similar time as it did last year. Brings back bad memories. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
WOW!! Dinara had double break point to even the match....of the next four points,one of them was a rare swift ace from Dani...nothing you can do with THAT one...but the other three points saw two ugly...and I mean Spirlea-ugly...unforced errors...and the third one was the other BP where Dani had a second serve............and Dinara was STILL standing 2 meters behind the baseline...NO pressure on Dani during the entire long rally:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:......Ana,if you have any advice for your new BFF before she goes extinct,feel free to share it with her

gaviotabr
Aug 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Looking like Ana's 1st round match will be starting around a similar time as it did last year. Brings back bad memories. :sobbing:

:sobbing:

I wanted it to be earlier..

gaviotabr
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Soderling *finally* wins. Took 2 hours more than he should. :o

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:11 AM
Just did a little research to confirm what a f--king joke the ATP is,and I found that only SIX different men have won Slams in the last SEVEN YEARS!!Four of those guys only have one isolated title to their names.There's the mega-fluke Gaudio who has practically evaporated into non-existence...may as well refer to him as retired:lol:...then you've got 2005 AO champ Safin who IS retired...and then there's the one-hit glory of Novak and JMDP....Other than that,it's nothing but Fed and Rafa......I'd love to see Nadal destroy the entire field on his weak,vulnerable surface so that the sad fraud known as the ATP will be exposed once and for all:cool:

I for one enjoy the ATP. I personally find the level of play higher than the WTA, although I very much enjoy watching both.

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:26 AM
I for one enjoy the ATP. I personally find the level of play higher than the WTA, although I very much enjoy watching both.Don't see how it could be 'higher level';only TWO guys are Slam-winning caliber...that's pretty pathetic when only two people are good enough to win a major championship

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:06 AM
Don't see how it could be 'higher level';only TWO guys are Slam-winning caliber...that's pretty pathetic when only two people are good enough to win a major championship

The last couple of years we've had 3 slams won by Fed or Nadal and 1 a year by another player.

In 2008 it was Djokovic, 2009 Del Potro, and in 2010 it could be the same. I hope so anyway. :D

doni1212
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:08 AM
Roger is incredible! He made another one of those in between the legs shot but this one was better than the other one by farrrrrrrr!!!!

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:12 AM
Almost forgot I think both tours have their problems. ATP haters criticize the fact Nadal and Federer win too much, and WTA haters criticize the amount of mental midgets.

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Almost forgot I think both tours have their problems. ATP haters criticize the fact Nadal and Federer win too much, and WTA haters criticize the amount of mental midgets.You know that I don't dislike Nole otherwise I wouldn't refer to him as Mr.Ivanovic so often in jest...but even YOU,his fan,don't have any serious belief that he'll win this year....and JMDP might never be the same again.....I'll say again:There are only FOUR active guys....FOUR...who've won an ATP Slam in the last SEVEN YEARS....unless you wanna count Gaudio,who's as 'active' as a coma patient...and the two exceptions to Fed-Nadal were one-shot deals.Back in the 80s and 90s,there were maybe 8 or 9 guys who were on the same level as Fed and Nadal...maybe not QUITE as good sometimes,but certainly good enough to beat either one at a Slam.At his best,Boris Becker could've destroyed either of them on grass...and I don't think he even won 5 Slams...can't recall for sure.It's a sorry bunch of 2nd Tier sissies around nowadays....

In contrast,the WS are always beatable on clay,so there's at least some drama there...and last year,even though Serena was in GOAT mode,Clijsters stepped up and beat her at the USO.To be fair,I'd say the long rain delay disrupted Ree's rhythm,but all the semifinalists dealt with the same extended wait....I know the women are fragile sometimes,but that's part of their make-up in most cases.I'd rather have drama than just flip a coin and ask,"Duhhhh...Is Fed heads and Rafa tails or vice-versa?"

EDIT:To re-think it a little,I'm somewhat older than you,and I realize that many times one generation will claim that THEIR era's players were better...yet that's vERY difficult to prove,I'll admit....From my perspective,this generation is more athletic,but MUCH feebler mentally...which offsets the greater athleticism.Nadal is the strongest mentally by far...and Federer is tough enough as long as the wrong buttons don't get pushed...then he'll crumble.Still,he's phenomenal,skill-wise and could win in any era....As for the rest of the bunch;they leave me underwhelmed and,what's worse,McEnroe stood out as an asswipe back when he played.Nowadays,there are FIFTY McEnroes at various stages of the Asswipe Realm...can't stand to watch 'em,Aaron---even the brief clips of them from the sports highlight shows are hard to tolerate

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 31st, 2010, 05:01 AM
True, I don't have much faith in Nole taking out the title, but I'm more happy he seems to have found the aggressiveness in his game again, and Decoturf is where he's most enjoyable to watch. :cool:

jelenacg
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:24 PM
Roger is incredible! He made another one of those in between the legs shot but this one was better than the other one by farrrrrrrr!!!!

What this one...meh piece of cake :p
jk :lol:

5ZnC6jcRQRg

GOAT :cool:

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 03:59 AM
Do you suppose that Petkovic was raised in some ultra-conservative Catholic household where she didn't get her first glimpse of a man until she was 16 years old??:lol:She's so over-the-top horny that it's a miracle she ever wins a match.This might not be the ideal BFF candidate for Ana;she's sort of an intellectual version of Golovin:p....You can picture where she's lost at least a few times when she was leading 6-1,5-1...then noticed some guy in the 20th Row and said to herself,"Hmmmm....that guy looks vaguely like Iker Casillas:drool::drool::drool:..." ---and then completely fell apart.It's sort of arrogant to presume to read someone's thoughts but,in Andrea's case,there's no mystery at all cuz she openly reveals her sexual attraction to various guys,in detail,EVERY SINGLE DAY in her blogs.To put it into perspective,Andrea's hornier for guys than many construction workers are for bikini-clad women:haha::haha::haha:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 1st, 2010, 04:00 AM
Nole needed 5 sets to beat Viktor. :o

jelenacg
Sep 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM
I seriously can`t believe what happened to Vika :tape::tape: I hope she is ok
This is just horrible,is it really that hot in New York ??