PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

azdaja
Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:10 PM
i think the coolest result ever would be 101:99 :cheer: for whoever :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
I placed a bet with good odds after Isner lost the 3rd set. I thought I would get easily the money today.
Maybe it ends soon tomorrow. Just curious how they will recover from this.

jelenacg
Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
That match was unbelievable. I am rooting for it to never end. :lol:

i think the coolest result ever would be 101:99 :cheer: for whoever :lol:

:lol:
I can`t believe the score :eek:

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Epic.. pity the match didn't finish today.. it won't be as cool tomorrow.. I mean.. it's one thing to win after playing 7 hours straight.. it's another to win after 30 mins..

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I hope that Isner loses so that he can go home with NOTHINg to show for that sorry marathon of mediocre,crappy tennis....There was a woman's match many years ago where a single point took--I'm pretty sure--around 30 minutes cuz both gals were baseline patty-cakers.The women were ridiculed,understandably,for the uninspiring tennis...yet Isner and the other guy are being treated as if they were crucial contributors to the history of the sport:rolleyes:.Bottom line:If you can't win 2 consecutive games amongst over 115 played,then you are ONE PATHETIC FU-K!!!

Send Isner down to Johannesburg so he can watch MORE mediocrity in the presence of his lucky,piece-of-shit soccer team while dickwad Landon Donovan and his c-ksucker friends strut around PRETENDING to be some great World Cup dynasty:rolleyes:

Davodus
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Epic.. pity the match didn't finish today.. it won't be as cool tomorrow.. I mean.. it's one thing to win after playing 7 hours straight.. it's another to win after 30 mins..

Agreed, it's going to be a letdown now, they will both come out sore and stiff, it might just flop now.

HowardH
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I love this score. It is awesome. Ana needs to have a match like this against a top player and win it :drool:. Maybe that could turn her career. Although it's much more likely that the only way she could end up in a marathon like this is against some journeywoman :sad:. And she would probably lose at the end :o.

I think if they keep going for long enough, say they get to 70-70, it won't be a letdown. And it will be great if they somehow get to 80-80, or even the magical 100-100! Go for the century. :lol:. But seriously, as long as it's not too short, it won't be a letdown at all. Just don't finish in 10 minutes guys.

I think also when someone gets the first matchpoint/BP tomorrow, they need to save it. By saving a BP the match tension will build quickly, the crowd energy will build, and it will help to connect it in people's minds to the previous day's play. It would be best if the final decisive break came after an epic battle of many deuces.

And of course Shahar was going to lose, just as Izzy predicted. Playing Ana is bad preparation for actually playing a match against a pro :tape:.

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I love this score. It is awesome. Ana needs to have a match like this against a top player and win it :drool:. Maybe that could turn her career. Although it's much more likely that the only way she could end up in a marathon like this is against some journeywoman :sad:. And she would probably lose at the end :o.

I think if they keep going for long enough, say they get to 70-70, it won't be a letdown. And it will be great if they somehow get to 80-80, or even the magical 100-100! Go for the century. :lol:. But seriously, as long as it's not too short, it won't be a letdown at all. Just don't finish in 10 minutes guys.

Well,I've seen Isner play a long match,and I'd characterize him as a stupid,one-dimensional pile of monkey crap....If his serve isn't working,he's as worthless as a tainted pork chop in an Orthodox Jewish community.If you can find one respected announcer--even ONE--who called that putrid Mediocrity Marathon 'high-level tennis',then I'll retract my statement

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I just looked at the draw, and the match above this won was 16-14 in the fifth...

But anyway, De Bakker has a bye into the third round. Whoever wins this match will probably retire or more likely withdraw. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I just looked at the draw, and the match above this won was 16-14 in the fifth...

But anyway, De Bakker has a bye into the third round. Whoever wins this match will probably retire or more likely withdraw. :lol:THIS would be an even better dramatic ending,Aaron:A couple British soccer hooligans who are bitter over being banned from the WC,and sat thru yesterday's mediocre crap,take out their frustrations on the two players by beating the holy hell out of them and hospitalizing them....and then the match ends in a draw...a Double Default....How would THAT be?;)

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
THIS would be an even better dramatic ending,Aaron:A couple British soccer hooligans who are bitter over being banned from the WC,and sat thru yesterday's mediocre crap,take out their frustrations on the two players by beating the holy hell out of them and hospitalizing them....and then the match ends in a draw...a Double Default....How would THAT be?;)
:lol: Yep, and Nando could take their place in the draw against De Bakker. :speakles: :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:48 AM
:lol: Yep, and Nando could take their place in the draw against De Bakker. :speakles: :lol:I'm curious,Aaron....Spaniards rarely play well on grass unless they're juicing up on steroids.Former Wimby champ Conchita Martinez is a rare exception....What is/are Nando's best results on grass in his career?

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I'm curious,Aaron....Spaniards rarely play well on grass unless they're juicing up on steroids.Former Wimby champ Conchita Martinez is a rare exception....What is/are Nando's best results on grass in his career?
4R at Wimbledon in '06, '08, and '09 and one final on grass in '08 which he lost to Karlovic 7–6(8) in the third. :lol:

I don't think I could take it if I found out Nando was juicing up on steroids. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:16 AM
4R at Wimbledon in '06, '08, and '09 and one final on grass in '08 which he lost to Karlovic 7–6(8) in the third. :lol:

I don't think I could take it if I found out Nando was juicing up on steroids. :sobbing:Honestly,Nando can be proud of that closely-fought final in 2008.He's a FAR better player than Karlovic...who's a classic Grass Fraud.Take his serve away,and he's as useless as teats on a bull

Good night,Aaron...I'm going to bed...hopefully with sweet dreams of seeing John Isner and Landon Donovan wearing bright,glittering jewelry...and then making a wrong turn down an alley in Juarez:devil:...and then receiving some free,PERMANENT "cosmetic surgery" from some of the local residents:cool:

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Honestly,Nando can be proud of that closely-fought final in 2008.He's a FAR better player than Karlovic...who's a classic Grass Fraud.Take his serve away,and he's as useless as teats on a bull

Good night,Aaron...I'm going to bed...hopefully with sweet dreams of seeing John Isner and Landon Donovan wearing bright,glittering jewelry...and then making a wrong turn down an alley in Juarez:devil:...and then receiving some free,PERMANENT "cosmetic surgery" from some of the local residents:cool:
:lol: 'Nite Bruce you sadist. :devil:

Smithee
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Yes the scores of Isner-Mahut are amazing and there were swatches of solid play but for a vast majority of the fifth set I was bored silly at what I was seeing. It was almost comical how poorly both players were returning and how neither could sustain a rally more than 5 shots for 90% of the match. Surprisingly, the play actually got better once both their scores reached the 50s - it seems like they both started going all out on their shots a little more.

Originally posted by bruce goose:
Well,I've seen Isner play a long match,and I'd characterize him as a stupid,one-dimensional pile of monkey crap....If his serve isn't working,he's as worthless as a tainted pork chop in an Orthodox Jewish community.If you can find one respected announcer--even ONE--who called that putrid Mediocrity Marathon 'high-level tennis',then I'll retract my statement

I would put Isner slightly above Dr. Ivo for the simple fact that I've actually seen Isner in rallies and he can move fairly well for a guy his size, while Karlovic is toast once his serve is returned. But I agree with your overall premise, the only reason Isner is still in this match is because of his serve. Without his serve he is not even a Top 50 player.

HowardH
Jun 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM

No one ever said this was a high level match between two elite players. I'm not pretending it is, it's clearly an incredible scoreline between two journeymen. It doesn't stop the score being amazing.

Honestly, the thing that bothers me about watching these two is not that they are much worse at rallying than serving. It's more the fact that they are obviously not true elite servers. They can't really serve at the level people like Sampras, Ivanisevic, Krajicek did. They have less control over the serve, less disguise, less mastery. And since they don't back up their serves that well they can't help losing serves at important times against better players, or even against other journeymen. I wouldn't mind if they had weaker returns if their serving game was more complete and more unbreakable- for instance if they had really lovely touch at net a la Edberg. If they were so hard to break everyone found it almost impossible. I wouldn't mind watching that. I hate it when these guys make really bad errors when weak returns come back- particularly for Isner or Karlovic half the time when they are broken by lower players they broke themselves by making really bad errors off easy shots, easy volleys etc. Goran actually used to make a ton of easy errors but somehow his serving was so dangerous and he had a lot of personality in his play, so I loved watching him too. Incidentally, comparing Ivo and John, I enjoy watching Ivo serve more, since his timing of the serve seems more pure and his placement seems better. Of course I can't stand it when he makes those horrible hashes of easy or perhaps medium returns which usually gets him broken.

Not everyone enjoys great serving. I understand that and don't expect everyone too. But I do. I think a great ace is beautiful, it's like a perfect shot, placed perfectly, disguised perfectly, struck completely cleanly. The reason I don't watch Isner or Mahut much is because somehow their serves aren't that beautiful to me. I really think it's just that even though they are good servers they don't show real mastery of the serve.

Anyway, none of that stops this from being a truly remarkable and memorable scoreline. I'm hoping they can break 1000 points total. These guys aren't ever going to achieve great things in their careers in terms of results, but they can at least have some unusual records.

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Well,Howard,I'll totally agree that the score is a curious statistical oddity...it offers the same fascination as a mutated purple giraffe would......Just wanted to be clear on precisely what this was.As a sports fan,it's disgusting to me when you have an event that's endless mostly because neither player is talented enough to finish off the match.The way the women get bashed sometimes,I felt compelled to mention how low quality the ATP can ALSO be sometimes...especially when you have big servers on grass

spiritedenergy
Jun 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
will the neverending match end today?:help::lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 12:44 PM
:lol: Olaru VS Sharapova. Sharapova won the first set 6-1, Olaru didn't hit a single winner. :unsure:

InsideOut.
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I hope Olaru beats the crap out of Sharapova, she just gets so lucky all the time :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I hope Olaru beats the crap out of Sharapova, she just gets so lucky all the time :rolleyes:
What are you talking about? :lol: Sharapova is not normally lucky by any stretch.

azdaja
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:41 PM
the isner - mahut epic continues :lol:

jelenacg
Jun 24th, 2010, 03:55 PM
It`s finally over 70-68 :worship::lol:

Davodus
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I felt so bad for Mahut at the end there, nice gesture but he just wanted to leave.

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Saw the end of it.. for a while I thought it would never end.. :spit:

Feel bad for Mahut.. 11 hours and a loss..

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Yes the scores of Isner-Mahut are amazing and there were swatches of solid play but for a vast majority of the fifth set I was bored silly at what I was seeing. It was almost comical how poorly both players were returning and how neither could sustain a rally more than 5 shots for 90% of the match. Surprisingly, the play actually got better once both their scores reached the 50s - it seems like they both started going all out on their shots a little more.

I would put Isner slightly above Dr. Ivo for the simple fact that I've actually seen Isner in rallies and he can move fairly well for a guy his size, while Karlovic is toast once his serve is returned. But I agree with your overall premise, the only reason Isner is still in this match is because of his serve. Without his serve he is not even a Top 50 player.Btw,welcome to the forum:wavey:;I was lucky enough to join back when there were still good times......They seem like contrived memories now:o.This has now become an undertakers' forum:When you see us coming,you KNOW that we're bringing bad news.Still,you'll get a LOT more candid input than you did on that other page

Davodus
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Saw the end of it.. for a while I thought it would never end.. :spit:

Feel bad for Mahut.. 11 hours and a loss..

and it's a first round loss, so he gets nothing for it. Kind of sucks for him (not kind of, a lot)but that's how it goes unfortunately.

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mahut should feel like a loser...because he IS one.If you can't win consecutive games vs. a slow-moving player who's dead tired,then you barely deserve to get PAID.He should retire from tennis,go back to France and clean port-a-johns for a living

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 07:04 PM
and it's a first round loss, so he gets nothing for it. Kind of sucks for him (not kind of, a lot)but that's how it goes unfortunately.Dave,I've got some scenarios for you....NOT about the loser douchebag Mahut...but about Ana.Obviously,you know Aussie culture miles better than I ever could,so...what happens next year when "Aussie Ana":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: returns Down Under?Will they still go crazy,or will they reach a point where they go,"Ana's here?:yawn:Wow!Does she SUCK!"

I'll give you a couple different possibilities....I won't even consider the notion of her marrying Cellblock Bitch Adam cuz he's made it crystal clear that he has no interest in such a binding commitment.In keeping with reality:

1.Will Ana still be a big deal in Jan.2011 if she continues dating CBA?
2.What if he has dumped her and begun openly f--king Kate Hudson or some other slutty 'friend' of his...turning Ana into a sympathetic figure?
3.What if Ana has a shocking oasis of clarity and kicks CBA to the toxic waste heap where he belongs??Would she still be popular in Australia??

Maybe the answers to all 3 of these scenarios are the same...was just wondering what you thought

One more thing:Aussie Ana-stasia just beat Kuzy....What exactly was her reason for 'becoming' Australian?....And does anyone pay attention to her down there?

jelenacg
Jun 24th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Serena will double bagel Chakvetadze who btw defeated Petkovic :o

I think that says a lot about Ana`s level of play :sad:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Serena will double bagel ChakvetadzeNope.....Serena's a killer but she has a small soft spot inside of her:)

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Serena will double bagel Chakvetadze who btw defeated Petkovic :o

I think that says a lot about Ana`s level of play :sad:

Serena is a sweety.. she gave Chakky a game. :hearts:

It does say a LOT about Ana's level of play.. imagine her playing Serena.. :tape::help:

azdaja
Jun 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM
the isner - mahut match made tennis media relevant during the football world cup. you gotta respect that :worship: only misha hitting himself in the head with his racquet would achieve the same.

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
the isner - mahut match made tennis media relevant during the football world cup. you gotta respect that :worship: only misha hitting himself in the head with his racquet would achieve the same.

Yes.. today at university, between talks about Italy's match at World Cup, people were commentating Isner-Mahut. I thought that was amazing.. people never talk about tennis at my university.. I always feel like a fish out of water when I have my computer open checking tennis scores and people in my class have no idea what that's all about. :spit: And then I come today and boys were all over the 11 hour match at Wimbledon.. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah,it's strange that 2 second-rate losers could bring so much attention to tennis b/c of their incompetence and inability to finish off a match.Normally,in sports you don't get rewarded for low-level talent,but those two bums have gotten themselves a place in history via mutual,totally-synchronized mediocrity

EDIT:THIS is funny......Isner complained that he wouldn't be able to play his doubles match...and the answer to THAT is:You WOULD be ready if you had finished off your unranked opponent with one puny service break yesterday,you Fucking Loser!!!

jelenacg
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Yes.. today at university, between talks about Italy's match at World Cup, people were commentating Isner-Mahut. I thought that was amazing.. people never talk about tennis at my university.. I always feel like a fish out of water when I have my computer open checking tennis scores and people in my class have no idea what that's all about. :spit: And then I come today and boys were all over the 11 hour match at Wimbledon.. :lol:

This match didn`t have best quality but it was 11 hours long match :worship:

jelenacg
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:47 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3873/1000xj.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/1000xj.jpg/)

Meeting the queen
Novak :o
Andy ,waiter :lol:
Roger :hearts:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:55 PM
This match didn`t have best quality but it was 11 hours long matchSorry,Jelena...whether it's a simple pile a few cms high...or a vast mountain.....Dog-shit is still dog-shit......Congrats to Rafa on meeting the queen,btw...not that he necessarily cares....AYE sure wouldn't:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah,it's strange that 2 second-rate losers could bring so much attention to tennis b/c of their incompetence and inability to finish off a match.Normally,in sports you don't get rewarded for low-level talent,but those two bums have gotten themselves a place in history via mutual,totally-synchronized mediocrity

EDIT:THIS is funny......Isner complained that he wouldn't be able to play his doubles match...and the answer to THAT is:You WOULD be ready if you had finished off your unranked opponent with one puny service break yesterday,you Fucking Loser!!!

Wow Bruce.. what did Isner do to you? :spit: So much hate there.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Sorry,Jelena...whether it's a simple pile a few cms high...or a vast mountain.....Dog-shit is still dog-shit......Congrats to Rafa on meeting the queen,btw...not that he necessarily cares....AYE sure wouldn't:lol:

Rafa didn't meet the queen.. :lol: It seems he said it would disrupt his pre match preparation.. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Rafa didn't meet the queen.. :lol: It seems he said it would disrupt his pre match preparation.. :lol:Oh my goodness,is that really true???I might actually become a fan of his if he said that:worship::D

To answer your other question,I don't like seeing athletes get rewarded for longevity of mediocrity.If Fed and Nadal were matching each other shot for shot in a symphony of excellence,then ONE of the two would eventually rise up with a quick flourish of greatness and finish off his opponent.Neither Isner nor Mahut were capable of doing that b/c they lack the skill and/or resolve of TRUE top players...so their mutual mediocrity held them in pathetic limbo and kept brainless Brits on the edge of their seats since they've got nothing better to do than watch a sorry FORMER empire collapse...or make worshipful pilgrimages to Diana's grave.

The fitting result for Isner would be if he got rewarded for his inability to break Mahut by exhaustedly losing his next match 6-0,6-0,6-1...and then had some drunk hit him with a balloon filled with goat urine as he walked off the court....Hopefully,the Brits' hooligan fans will hit Landon Donovan smack in the face with a couple of those:devil:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Serena is a sweety.. she gave Chakky a game. :hearts:

It does say a LOT about Ana's level of play.. imagine her playing Serena.. :tape::help:

It doesn't say anything. Petkovic reached the final in Rosmalen and had even the chance to beat Henin. So Petkovic isn't that bad. But with this play Ana barely wins a match. Some good serves now and then but that was it. Ana's level won't chance so much now if she plays Serena or Parmentier.

gaviotabr
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:25 PM
It doesn't say anything. Petkovic reached the final in Rosmalen and had even the chance to beat Henin. So Petkovic isn't that bad. But with this play Ana barely wins a match. Some good serves now and then but that was it. Ana's level won't chance so much now if she plays Serena or Parmentier.

Ana's level indeed wouldn't change.. her play is club level no matter what opponent.. but the number of games she would win would definitely be night and day.

What Jelena meant and I agree with is that Ana's level of play is really really low.. she is losing to people who lose to people who get bageled and breadsticked by a top player.

I saw Petkovic and Henin.. Henin was awful.. and still won. Henin's game has been so weird and up and down since she came back.. not reliable at all.. She has suddenly become a brainless ball basher.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
she is losing to people who lose to people who get bageled and breadsticked by a top player.

You can make many examples with that with many players, top or average players. That doesn't say anything. Not that it makes the situation any better.

bruce goose
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Rafa didn't meet the queen.. :lol: It seems he said it would disrupt his pre match preparation.. :lol:Izzy,I just wanna make sure on this;did you get that from what you consider a reliable source?Perhaps you even heard him say that directly in a press statement.If he turned down an audience with the queen cuz it would've interfered with his match prep,that is SOOOOO :cool:

gaviotabr
Jun 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Izzy,I just wanna make sure on this;did you get that from what you consider a reliable source?Perhaps you even heard him say that directly in a press statement.If he turned down an audience with the queen cuz it would've interfered with his match prep,that is SOOOOO :cool:

I got the info from Stephanie Myles, canadian tennis journalist who is at Wimbledon. She wrote this on twitter:

Rafa skipped on meeting the Queen because he "has his rhythms before the match" - like five hours before. OC at its very best. about 6 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/OpenCourt/status/16953406445

bruce goose
Jun 25th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I got the info from Stephanie Myles, canadian tennis journalist who is at Wimbledon. She wrote this on twitter:

http://twitter.com/OpenCourt/status/16953406445Thanks,Izzy:hatoff:.He won me over quite a bit with that;);I can't envision Ana prioritizing like that.....She avoids playing matches so that she can practice more:lol:.Beware Kim,WS,JJ;Ana is practicing a lot---now you're REALLY in danger

Davodus
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Dave,I've got some scenarios for you....NOT about the loser douchebag Mahut...but about Ana.Obviously,you know Aussie culture miles better than I ever could,so...what happens next year when "Aussie Ana":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: returns Down Under?Will they still go crazy,or will they reach a point where they go,"Ana's here?:yawn:Wow!Does she SUCK!"

I'll give you a couple different possibilities....I won't even consider the notion of her marrying Cellblock Bitch Adam cuz he's made it crystal clear that he has no interest in such a binding commitment.In keeping with reality:

1.Will Ana still be a big deal in Jan.2011 if she continues dating CBA?
2.What if he has dumped her and begun openly f--king Kate Hudson or some other slutty 'friend' of his...turning Ana into a sympathetic figure?
3.What if Ana has a shocking oasis of clarity and kicks CBA to the toxic waste heap where he belongs??Would she still be popular in Australia??

Maybe the answers to all 3 of these scenarios are the same...was just wondering what you thought

One more thing:Aussie Ana-stasia just beat Kuzy....What exactly was her reason for 'becoming' Australian?....And does anyone pay attention to her down there?

Well, part of Australian culture is to support people a lot more when they are down...I mean sporting teams here gain support when they are suffering, people become very loyal to them and do their best to help them regain form. So in that sense, she is gonna be well supported here. So yes, to option 1 ;) Option two, still the same. Same with 3, if they are not together, it doesn't matter. She was called Aussie Ana before she started dating him, she has family in Australia, her fitness coach is still an Aussie, and just look at Clijsters and how well she is still received here. We'll love Ana until she stops coming, and she will always, 100% for sure get support here. People love her, her nature and everything suit our lifestyle.

The 2nd Law
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Well, part of Australian culture is to support people a lot more when they are down...I mean sporting teams here gain support when they are suffering, people become very loyal to them and do their best to help them regain form. So in that sense, she is gonna be well supported here. So yes, to option 1 ;) Option two, still the same. Same with 3, if they are not together, it doesn't matter. She was called Aussie Ana before she started dating him, she has family in Australia, her fitness coach is still an Aussie, and just look at Clijsters and how well she is still received here. We'll love Ana until she stops coming, and she will always, 100% for sure get support here. People love her, her nature and everything suit our lifestyle.

Exactly, and I'm sure that most people over here know her as the tennis player who made the final in 08 first, over the girl who's dating Adam Scott. Kim never stopped being loved after she broke up with Lleyton.

Davodus
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Exactly, and I'm sure that most people over here know her as the tennis player who made the final in 08 first, over the girl who's dating Adam Scott. Kim never stopped being loved after she broke up with Lleyton.

I actually think that it's only the tennis fans who know that she is dating Adam Scott :lol: It's not like they are a constantly spoken about couple or anything, just a little bit during the AO series. So I think that has nothing to do with how popular she is here.

bruce goose
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks to both of you for your input.....My biggest objective now is to see Clijsters defeat Henin in the 4th Round;I have LOTS of respect for Henin's skill as a player,but I'd enjoy seeing her fail to make two straight Slam quarters.Also,that would put Kim in the lead in the H2H.Ideally,Justine would be reduced to 2nd fiddle status in Belgium...that's my dream scenario:cool:.My biggest fear,tennis-wise,is that Kim'll get pregnant again like Davenport did.I'll be happy for her as a PERSON,but Kim is my only strong candidate to replace :hearts:Elena:hearts: when she retires...which I fear will happen soon...so it would suck to lose Kim,too

The 2nd Law
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I actually think that it's only the tennis fans who know that she is dating Adam Scott :lol: It's not like they are a constantly spoken about couple or anything, just a little bit during the AO series. So I think that has nothing to do with how popular she is here.

Yeah, they certainly arent a Posh and Becks :lol: The relationship has really got next to zero publicity here. Scott aint that famous here, surprisingly.

gaviotabr
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, they certainly arent a Posh and Becks :lol: The relationship has really got next to zero publicity here. Scott aint that famous here, surprisingly.

No wonder.. Golf is a bore.. :o

bruce goose
Jun 25th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, they certainly arent a Posh and Becks :lol: The relationship has really got next to zero publicity here. Scott aint that famous here, surprisingly.Well,you DO have a big country...and he has sucked raw eggs for most of the last few years:lol::lol:...and has NEVER won a Slam like Ana has...hasn't even come close,from what I've heard...so he hasn't exactly earned the respect that a top athlete would get...not that golfers are true athletes:p

bruce goose
Jun 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Folks,let me tell you that time travel into the future--AND the return trip--can cause an intense headrush...and possibly some yet-unrevealed side effects:eek:....So I'd strongly discourage trying it if you haven't already.Nevertheless,I managed to bring back this video clip and,as you can see,destiny will NOT be kind to four tennis celebrities...either cosmetically or in terms of personal fortune.In the clip below,you'll catch seated,left to right:John Isner,Melanie Oudin,Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi.Apparently,they begin going under assumed names in order to conceal their fall from grace...and it seems that Andre will go back to tripping on meth..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB6KFa7-6B4&feature=

Pops Maellard
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Whoever said there wasn't enough drama on ATP tour. :rolls:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1G6EYg21PnU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1G6EYg21PnU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

bruce goose
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Whoever said there wasn't enough drama on ATP tour. :rolls:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1G6EYg21PnU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1G6EYg21PnU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>There's no sound,Aaron,so we can't tell what the hell they were saying....Looked like someone may have spit at someone but who the f--k knows??

Pops Maellard
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:17 AM
There's no sound,Aaron,so we can't tell what the hell they were saying....Looked like someone may have spit at someone but who the f--k knows??
There's no videos with sound yet. But anyway yeah he spat at someone in the crowd 'cause they were pissing him off the whole match and the umpire didn't do anything about it, and he retired from the match in the 5th set while 0-3 down, apparently because he was pissed off or something. :shrug:

But anyway it's the kind of drama Serena, JJ and Rezai would be proud of. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:36 AM
There's no videos with sound yet. But anyway yeah he spat at someone in the crowd 'cause they were pissing him off the whole match and the umpire didn't do anything about it, and he retired from the match in the 5th set while 0-3 down, apparently because he was pissed off or something. :shrug:

But anyway it's the kind of drama Serena, JJ and Rezai would be proud of. :lol:Well,I'm not very impressed;if the chair umpire was being gutless,then the player could've refused to play until the ump called down the Wimby official...who could've at least forced the fans to move to other seats.I seriously doubt that he got close enough to the fan(s) for that spittle to land anywhere nearby....If the fan(s) had REALLY crossed over the line,then he should've gone to the guy's seat and cracked the offender in the mouth with his fist.......But I'll bet you that the offended player isn't up for THAT kind of action;)

Polikarpov
Jun 26th, 2010, 06:52 AM
qn7xv959Un0

What a hot mess. It's a shame that the hecklers weren't removed. The umpire was useless. I'm not condoning Hanescu's action, but it was totally provoked. It's a shame because I've always found Hanescu to be a very nice guy.

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Errani-Radwanska took 30 minutes for four games :tape: It's a crime against humanity :facepalm:

Pops Maellard
Jun 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Errani-Radwanska took 30 minutes for four games :tape: It's a crime against humanity :facepalm:
:lol: Their serves are so weak as well. :tape:

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Aga has such negative body language on court :tape:

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
A 6-3 set taking 58 minutes :tape:

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Radwanska is making Errani look almost like a Sharapova :help:

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
This looks like a good claycourt match to be honest :yeah: It's shocking that Radwanska can hit drop shot winners off Errani's serve on grass :tape:

Pops Maellard
Jun 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
They should be showing Soderling VS Bellucci instead of this mugathon. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Azarenka lost.

The second quarter is SO week, I'm hoping Caro makes the SF to save it.. :tape::tape::tape::o:o:o

Pops Maellard
Jun 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Kvitova's on fire it seems. I think she'll beat Woz in R4...

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 02:14 PM
She won't beat Woz. It'll be a Pavlyuchenkova-Kvitova ballbash fest.

jelenacg
Jun 26th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Vika bageled by Kvitova :weirdo:
Not a great year for her so far

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Azarenka lost in straights to Ana this year :spit: So yeah, terrible year :rolls:

bruce goose
Jun 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Azarenka lost in straights to Ana this year :spit: So yeah, terrible year :rolls:I'm not a Vika hater(my typical guy self enjoys seeing her,actually:p),but she can't ever expect to be a consistent Top 10 player with such glaring flaws in her game...especially her pathetic serve that couldn't even hurt Ana.She's also very weak mentally once things start turning against her...so maybe this isn't really a 'bad year' for her...maybe this is just her actual level: Drifting thru the Top 20,rarely any threat at Slams

bruce goose
Jun 26th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Technically speaking,it's been only 6 days and not a full week,but we have only the ongoing match between Dulgheru and Kanepi until the Final 16 are set....and I can't recall ANY rain delays at WimbleDumb....There were entire days' worth of delays at Birmingham,but have we had even ONE this week?Isn't it extremely rare for the UK to go w/o rain for such an extended period??Mi abuela visited Ireland and told me that it rains every freakin' day there.......

bruce goose
Jun 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Kaia Kanepi is a nice underdog story,IMO.Apparently,she hasn't even had enough money to afford a coach,and she lost some sponsorship in her native Estonia.With her recent improved results,she should be able to get back on track:)......Oh...and I'm in a good mood today thanks to Ghana:worship:

gaviotabr
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
She won't beat Woz. It'll be a Pavlyuchenkova-Kvitova ballbash fest.

It will be Woz-Kvitova.. Woz is just too consistent for someone like Kvitova. This quarter is too weak..

gaviotabr
Jun 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Middle sunday is so boring... :o

bruce goose
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Middle sunday is so boring... :oTHe inactivity...and especially the WAITING...is really getting to you:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
THe inactivity...and especially the WAITING...is really getting to you:lol:

I'm going to take the time and watch England x Germany match on World Cup.. but I do think middle sunday is a boring tradition.

Pops Maellard
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Kaia Kanepi is a nice underdog story,IMO.Apparently,she hasn't even had enough money to afford a coach,and she lost some sponsorship in her native Estonia.With her recent improved results,she should be able to get back on track:)......Oh...and I'm in a good mood today thanks to Ghana:worship:
Mmmm...no offense to Kanepi but she really has no business in a GS semi. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I'm going to take the time and watch England x Germany match on World Cup.. but I do think middle sunday is a boring tradition.Yeah,I agree with you....was just teasing you:smooch: b/c you're such an active person...such a doer...so it's especially hard for you:p

bruce goose
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Mmmm...no offense to Kanepi but she really has no business in a GS semi. :lol:She's not in the semis,Einstein:crazy:...she's in the 4th Round:lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
She's not in the semis,Einstein:crazy:...she's in the 4th Round:lol:
I was kind of thinking of this thread.http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=413197

bruce goose
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I was kind of thinking of this thread.http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=413197Well,if you're a true sports fan,then you can't escape the facts:Kanepi had ALL the excuses that Ana leans on...even more,really.....Injuries(REAL ones,though),personal setbacks...even a long slump(11-match losing streak).Instead of quitting oe becoming a joke like Ana has,she fought back to regain her position.Kaia definitely has talent;she didn't beat Kuzy for the RG Juniors title by accident...and she made the RG Quarters last year.She's doing what an athlete is SUPPOSED to do in maximizing her talent,giving her best effort

Pops Maellard
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Well,if you're a true sports fan,then you can't escape the facts:Kanepi had ALL the excuses that Ana leans on...even more,really.....Injuries(REAL ones,though),personal setbacks...even a long slump(11-match losing streak).Instead of quitting oe becoming a joke like Ana has,she fought back to regain her position.Kaia definitely has talent;she didn't beat Kuzy for the RG Juniors title by accident...and she made the RG Quarters last year.She's doing what an athlete is SUPPOSED to do in maximizing her talent,giving her best effort
Too bad she couldn't beat JJ at the French. She came close I think. :mad: :lol:

Davodus
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm really annoyed..seeing a full OOP out, waiting there, and having no tennis today is stupid. I'm bored of it!

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm SO impressed by Jarmilla Groth. She is playing Venus more than tough.. sometimes outhitting her.. and painting lines. impressive. Serving for the second set now.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I'm glad JJ got some bad luck for once. I'm not cheering that she was retired but it couldn't have happened to a nice player. :yeah: ;)

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I'm SO impressed by Jarmilla Groth. She is playing Venus more than tough.. sometimes outhitting her.. and painting lines. impressive. Serving for the second set now.
5-5 now.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Failed to serve out the set.. but then Venus played a crappy game to get broken again.. and Groth will have a second chance.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm glad JJ got some bad luck for once. I'm not cheering that she was retired but it couldn't have happened to a nice player. :yeah: ;)

Oh.. I'm never glad when someone gets injured.. :(

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Henin won first set over Kim convincingly now it's 2-1 in to Kim in the second.

Allez Kim. :rocker:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Failed to serve out the set.. but then Venus played a crappy game to get broken again.. and Groth will have a second chance.

And broken... 6-6, tie break.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Go Venus. It'll be better for tennis if she goes through, sorry Groth. :hug:

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Kim up *3-1 now. God their matches are rollercoasters. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Venus wins. But boy, was it tough? Groth really impressed me.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Seems like Groth choked though. But I guess it's good experience. She made two good slam runs in a row. :)

The 2nd Law
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Jarka did choke. I reckon Australia has another top 20 player on our hands in Groth, as long as she works on her mental side. Mostly a great performance from her today :)

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Is it just me or is Henin's game not very pleasing to the eye? :unsure: I know what people meant when they said her backhand looks like her spine will snap into 6 when she hits it. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Groth did choke a bit.. but I was very impressed by her level of play.. she played so well. :worship:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Oh my... Caro got totally crushed by Kvitova. 6-2 6-0. What was up with her? Was not expecting this.. Kvitova or Kanepi in a slam semi.. :tape:

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Oh my... Caro got totally crushed by Kvitova. 6-2 6-0. What was up with her? Was not expecting this.. Kvitova or Kanepi in a slam semi.. :tape:
Wozniacki's a joke. Harsh but true, she just can't beat a single player that's in-form. If THAT is the future of WTA then we're in for a very dire strait indeed. :help:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
The Serena x Sharapova match is living up to the hype.. very entertaining so far IMHO!

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hell yeah. Go Maria. :rocker:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Awesome set. Serena takes it 7-6(9).

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Maria had 3 sps I think. :|

Oh well, this confirms that Maria's back. Like, almost fully back. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Maria had 3 sps I think. :|

Oh well, this confirms that Maria's back. Like, almost fully back. :lol:

Maria is playing great! This was really good quality from both. Serena was just nails in the decisive moment.. which is what makes her the player she is.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:07 PM
This is too good to be a 4R. :( This reminds me of the Semifinal VS Dementieva last year. It should be a semifinal or maybe even a final. :p

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM
This is too good to be a 4R. :( This reminds me of the Semifinal VS Dementieva last year. It should be a semifinal or maybe even a final. :p

Yes.. such a pity it's this early.

Then we will have Kvitova or Kanepi in the semis... :banghead:

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
wozniacki:tape::help: zvonareva in teh QF, Ana could have been there:o

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Yes.. such a pity it's this early.

Then we will have Kvitova or Kanepi in the semis... :banghead:
:lol: No different to most WTA slams, there's always flukes going on.

Serena serve is too good. You have to play like a GOAT to beat her at Wimbledon if her serve is on.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hey, Zvonareva's good. Remember she was Top 5 before that unfortunate ankle incident. :awww:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:20 PM

No.. Ana couldn't.. with her current level of play, first round loss is where she belongs. If she was playing well, then she probably would be there.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Serena won.. she didn't look very satisfied with her performance.. :spit:

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM
It was a good match. Masha's got some work to do still but she's getting closer and closer to her top level again. :cool:

I had dreams of once the WS retire, Maria and Ana becoming the co-dominatrixes of the tour. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Serena won.. she didn't look very satisfied with her performance.. :spit:

how did she play? QF versus Li, i smell danger...

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:38 PM
how did she play? QF versus Li, i smell danger...

It was actually a pretty good match, highly entertaining.. both played well. Serena hit 19 aces, and that's because Sharapova was returning well.. :spit: Against a worse returner she would've probably hit more aces. :lol:

But Na Li is always a dangerous player. Something I just realized.. Na Li lost to the champion at both AO and RG.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Na's actually a lot more consistent than she used to be considering her 'high risk' style of play. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Na's actually a lot more consistent than she used to be considering her 'high risk' style of play. :lol:

Yes, she has been playing very well lately.. less UEs.

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
It was actually a pretty good match, highly entertaining.. both played well. Serena hit 19 aces, and that's because Sharapova was returning well.. :spit: Against a worse returner she would've probably hit more aces. :lol:

But Na Li is always a dangerous player. Something I just realized.. Na Li lost to the champion at both AO and RG.

yeah i saw 19 aces... that's ridiculous:lol:
yeah Na Li this year is very dangerous, I hope Serena is ready, it would be a shame to see someone else in the final from the top half:tape:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM
yeah i saw 19 aces... that's ridiculous:lol:
yeah Na Li this year is very dangerous, I hope Serena is ready, it would be a shame to see someone else in the final from the top half:tape:

Yes.. Top half.. :help:

I hope Serena takes it.

Pops Maellard
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'd actually have rathered Li win a fluke slam than Schiavone. At least her game is more entertaining.

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Capriati was hospitalized for overdose:help::sad:

I wonder what happened in her childhood to make her go down that route... but sometimes is not even the childhood (see Whitney Houston who was raised in an upper class family i think)... i bet her injury had something to do with that, so sad:sad:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Capriati was hospitalized for overdose:help::sad:

I wonder what happened in her childhood to make her go down that route... but sometimes is not even the childhood (see Whitney Houston who was raised in an upper class family i think)... i bet her injury had something to do with that, so sad:sad:

Yes... very sad.. she struggled with drugs since an early age.. Capriati was a prodigy.. I think she was top 10 at 14.. which can always be something tough to handle.

InsideOut.
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:39 PM

And USO.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM
And USO.

Oh yeah.. she lost to Kim at USO. So she can do the whole "lost to the winner" slam if she loses to the winner at Wimbledon. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
It's really cool this livecam device for pressers at Wimbledon. Just saw Serena's presser.. she was cranky.. :spit:

bruce goose
Jun 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM
First of all,best wishes to Capriati;I never liked her very much and still don't...but drug dependency can be such a huge burden that I don't wish it upon anyone...not even that bottom-feeder CBA

On to happier news,Kim was getting killed in the first set when I left for my classes.....then I came home to discover that she fought back and smashed the lying cheat:D:D:D.There's no replacing Elena in my heart,but Kim is the only one who can halfway fill the gap when E.D. retires.I'm VERY happy right now:cool:...happy enough to kiss Carla Suarez Navarro on the lips.........okay,it would be a very QUICK kiss,but it's noteworthy that I could even manage it at all:lol:

bruce goose
Jun 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Since the soccer fans hijacked the thread earlier,here's another interlude:

Somewhere in the suburbs of Brasilia,Contador Zorro watched the match vs. Chile with his 'normal'-looking gf...although it took 30 minutes for Brasil to score their first goal,they dominated the matchup and never left any doubt as to who was the better team...and that led to.....

C.Z.: (WOW!I had nothing to worry about:)All the suspense is gone from this match...but SHE sure is looking hot:drool: sitting next to me in her Seleccion Nacional T-Shirt)
'Normal'-looking gf(NLGF): (WOW!I had nothing to worry about:)All the suspense is gone from this match...but HE sure is looking hot:drool: sitting next to me in his Seleccion Nacional T-shirt)
C.Z.: :hearts:
NLGF: :hearts:
C.Z.'n'NLGF: :kiss::kiss::kiss:..........:kiss::kiss::kiss:.... ......:kiss::kiss::kiss:.....etc.,etc.,etc.

.....And then FINALLY an extended oxygen break...at which point C.Z.'s cousin walks in the room following a long,private phone call.....
C.Z.'s cousin: Hey!Have we scored any more goals in the last ten minutes!:D
C.Z.: Ummmmmmm....we don't know:o....we were....ummmmm.......slightly distracted

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Since the soccer fans hijacked the thread earlier,here's another interlude:

Somewhere in the suburbs of Brasilia,Contador Zorro watched the match vs. Chile with his 'normal'-looking gf...although it took 30 minutes for Brasil to score their first goal,they dominated the matchup and never left any doubt as to who was the better team...and that led to.....

C.Z.: (WOW!I had nothing to worry about:)All the suspense is gone from this match...but SHE sure is looking hot:drool: sitting next to me in her Seleccion Nacional T-Shirt)
'Normal'-looking gf(NLGF): (WOW!I had nothing to worry about:)All the suspense is gone from this match...but HE sure is looking hot:drool: sitting next to me in his Seleccion Nacional T-shirt)
C.Z.: :hearts:
NLGF: :hearts:
C.Z.'n'NLGF: :kiss::kiss::kiss:..........:kiss::kiss::kiss:.... ......:kiss::kiss::kiss:.....etc.,etc.,etc.

.....And then FINALLY an extended oxygen break...at which point C.Z.'s cousin walks in the room following a long,private phone call.....
C.Z.'s cousin: Hey!Have we scored any more goals in the last ten minutes!:D
C.Z.: Ummmmmmm....we don't know:o....we were....ummmmm.......slightly distracted

:spit:

What a imagination Bruce!

We were watching the match (watching the match, literally!).. lots of fun.. but we are in São Paulo. ;) I was born in Brasilia, but I grew up and live in São Paulo.

bruce goose
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM

What a imagination Bruce!

We were watching the match (watching the match, literally!).. lots of fun.. but we are in São Paulo. ;) I was born in Brasilia, but I grew up and live in São Paulo.Well,since we're pointing out errors in details:angel:,you'll see how you posted that I have "a" imagination---instead of the article 'an' which nearly always proceeds a noun that begins with a vowel.The passage above is merely a re-enactment of real-life scenarios,Izzy,and--even though I made a mistake by placing it in Brasilia instead of Sao Paulo--it's obvious that you had NO objection to the THEME of the re-enactment:p:p:p.

Poster Jonny Royale appears to be a huge baseball fan,so he can corroborate how commentators often tell the most ridiculous stories to kill time while they're on the air during a rain delay......that's pretty much where we are now;our tennis queen can no longer advance far into tournaments anymore...and so we're stuck with World Cup stories and romantic anecdotes where our normal(:hearts:)-looking Brasilian mayor receives a passionate Latino Muzzle Kiss from the City Budget Director......We're waiting for some worthwhile tennis news,Ana:(

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Roddick OUT. :lol: Looks like all the pushers, Roddick, Wozniacki, Radwanska all lose in the 4R. :cool:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Oh my... Venus about to get stunned at Wimbledon.. and Kim struggling mightly against Vera.

We might have a Kanepi x Pironkova final at Wimbledon.. :banghead:

Ana chose the worst years ever to suck.. look at this mess.. :o

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Venus out. :weirdo:

Pironkova in a GS semi. :haha:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:41 PM
And Venus loses...

Pironkova is a Wimbledon semifinalist..

Good thing I guess is that Ana now has a 90% chance of winning the Wooden Spoon title. :banghead:

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Kim a hot mess at the moment. :lol: Zvonareva in the SF isn't so bad, at least she's done it once before at the AO last year.

gaviotabr
Venus out. :weirdo:

Pironkova in a GS semi. :haha:

And she will probably play Zvonareva for a slam final spot.. Vera is a break up in the third.. :banghead:

azdaja
Good thing I guess is that Ana now has a 90% chance of winning the Wooden Spoon title. :banghead:
i was gonna post about this :lol: it makes perfect sense now. sf: kim beats tsveti. final: serena beats kim. and ana wins the wooden spoon :rolls:

azdaja
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM
of course, i have no idea what's happening with kim because i'm at work and i can't even follow live scores.

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM
of course, i have no idea what's happening with kim because i'm at work and i can't even follow live scores.

She is down 4-1 in the third. :banghead:

It's going to be Vera x Tsveti for a slam final spot. They might as well play Na Li.. or Kaia Kanepi.. in the final.. :shrug:

Still I would give Ana a huge chance at her first Wooden Spoon. Ana is breaking all records.. :worship::o

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Vera through to the SF. :speakles: Will face Pironkova for the final. :speakles: x2.

azdaja
Jun 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
will we have another semifinal with slamless players only? :unsure:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM
And Zvonareva wins..

Zvonareva x Pironkova semi finals of Wimbledon.. who had this in the bracket might just win the lotery.

If we thought RG was a mess... at least it had 3 top 8 seeds in the semis. Wimbledon is much more of a mess... it might have none.. the only hope is Serena. :tape:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
will we have another semifinal with slamless players only? :unsure:

We should ask Na Li.. with all those upsets I can't feel a lot of confidence in Serena. :sobbing:

Sorry.. but I don't like this mess at all.. this sucks.

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse than the 2009 US Open. :lol: I really though that would be the nadir of shit-quality WTA slams. :haha: How wrong was I?

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse than the 2009 US Open. :lol: I really though that would be the nadir of shit-quality WTA slams. :haha: How wrong was I?

It's only getting worse.. what will we have at the USO? 2 qualifiers fighting for the title? :banghead:

azdaja
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
the problem with this is that when you have so many upsets they cease to be upset worth talking about, they just become random results. it diminishes the acheievement of the player who made the upset.

mure
Jun 29th, 2010, 02:34 PM
the only upsets of the season was Pironkova beating Venus,and Schiavone defeating Stosur..all the other results were perfectly normal

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Serena wins.

So.. I would say Ana has 98% of chance of getting the Wooden Spoon now..

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
the only upsets of the season was Pironkova beating Venus,and Schiavone defeating Stosur..all the other results were perfectly normal

Which only shows how crappy the WTA is right now.. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
the problem with this is that when you have so many upsets they cease to be upset worth talking about, they just become random results. it diminishes the acheievement of the player who made the upset.

Yeah.. feels like everything is flukey.. and no match is really atractive..

spiritedenergy
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Serena wins.

So.. I would say Ana has 98% of chance of getting the Wooden Spoon now..

that would be :tape::help: I called it first, I told you I have some sixth sense:lol::o

Venus and Kim:help: what's wrong with women tennis? If the top playesr can't get it together in the slams where are they going to do it? It looks like they don't really care anymore, they like the moeny and the glitter but they don't really care about losing, what a shame:o

and the worst thing is, with this messy situation if ana only played 1/10th of her potential she could go far in every tournament and slam, because there are always only 1-2 players playing good in a tournament, all the others suck

spiritedenergy
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:45 PM
THANK GOD Serena won:o she is the only one saving the face of the WTA right now, who would have thought that 3 years ago?:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM

that would be :tape::help: I called it first, I told you I have some sixth sense:lol::o

Venus and Kim:help: what's wrong with women tennis? If the top playesr can't get it together in the slams where are they going to do it? It looks like they don't really care anymore, they like the moeny and the glitter but they don't really care about losing, what a shame:o

and the worst thing is, with this messy situation if ana only played 1/10th of her potential she could go far in every tournament and slam, because there are always only 1-2 players playing good in a tournament, all the others suck

Yes Luca.. Ana chose the best moment to suck so much.. if she was playing remotely decent, she would be racking up titles, and going deep in slams. Such a shame.. :o

Venus was completely awful... just hopeless.. but Kim pissed me off most.. she could've won in 2, but made so many stupid mistakes at the crucial moments. Vera is very steady, she won't give any match away..

And Ana will probably win the Wooden Spoon.. all she needs is for Vera to beat Pironkova.. then lose in the final to Serena. That is the most likely scenario anyway.. What a low point, really... she will share a title with the likes of Jill Craybas, Kai-Chen Chang and so on.. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
THANK GOD Serena won:o she is the only one saving the face of the WTA right now, who would have thought that 3 years ago?:lol:

Yeah.. I highly respect Serena. At least we know she will be serious and fight her heart out at the slams.

mure
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Which only shows how crappy the WTA is right now.. :o

oh no,you also join the bandwagon of negativity?:sad:

the bitchiness in this forum is drivin me crazy..Seeds are falling?People bitch,Seeds are not falling?Posters bitch even more,we want upsets!

I haven't watched Wimbledon at all after Ana's game because i don't find grass tennis the least attractive,but i enjoy these kind of results..better than havin Williams sisters bagelin everyone,or part time players/moms reaching finals...

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
oh no,you also join the bandwagon of negativity?:sad:

the bitchiness in this forum is drivin me crazy..Seeds are falling?People bitch,Seeds are not falling?Posters bitch even more,we want upsets!

I haven't watched Wimbledon at all after Ana's game because i don't find grass tennis the least attractive,but i enjoy these kind of results..better than havin Williams sisters bagelin everyone,or part time players/moms reaching finals...

I can only talk for myself.. and I think quality of tennis has been falling like rain in the middle of a tropical storm. The matches have been UEs feasts.. Did you see Venus today? Had never seen her so awful in a grass match. I like one or two upsets.. but when all matches are upset and the quality is that low, I find it awful. The tournaments are not atractive at all, from a spectator point of view IMHO. So I really don't like this kind of madness..

I have been very disappointed at the WTA for the past year or so.. just have been finding the matches one worse then the other.. very few are exciting or high quality.

As for Ana.. she is not even playing to a pro level of tennis.. pure club level.. maybe she could have success on my league.. :spit: So it makes me enjoy all this even less.

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Kanepi chokes mightly.. Kvitova saves 5 MPs and wins 8-6 in the third.

Kvitova x Pironkova final? :tape:

I hope Serena stays strong and wins..

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
And Venus loses...

Pironkova is a Wimbledon semifinalist..

Good thing I guess is that Ana now has a 90% chance of winning the Wooden Spoon title. :banghead:Izzy,I sent you another PM....You don't have to reply to it,I'd just like you to read it,please:angel:

I don't understand your great objections to some of the underdogs;you've made it clear that you don't like pushers,but I'm pretty sure that Kanepi doesn't fall into that category...she's a powerful hitter...same with Kvitova....I don't know Pironkova well except to say that she's:hearts::hearts:.Earlier,you were in favor of seeing underdogs succeed at the WC.....so why is it such a terrible thing in TENNIS??

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Izzy,I sent you another PM....You don't have to reply to it,I'd just like you to read it,please:angel:

I don't understand your great objections to some of the underdogs;you've made it clear that you don't like pushers,but I'm pretty sure that Kanepi doesn't fall into that category...she's a powerful hitter...same with Kvitova....I don't know Pironkova well except to say that she's:hearts::hearts:.Earlier,you were in favor of seeing underdogs succeed at the WC.....so why is it such a terrible thing in TENNIS??

See Bruce.. I like one or two.. surprises.. but if every single match is an upset.. and if almost all are due to incredibly poor play by the top player, resulting in awful matches and unatractive match ups in the later stages of the slams, then I can't make myself like it. It's not all about the underdogs.. it's about the poor quality of matches and how top players are falling apart.. Sorry, but I would take a pass in a Pironkova x Kvitova final.. I just would not be interested, having seen them play before in the tournament. I also feel neither would deserve a slam, and this is just diminishing the value the slams have. It should be exclusive.. something a player fights hard and builds up to conquer.. instead it's becoming a lucky fluke left and right. I just don't like it.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:16 PM
When I saw the results I just thought WTF? Clijsters beat Henin so I was sure The Sisters and Clijsters would be in the SF. But what is this? Pironkova never reached a 3rd round in a slam and never did well on grass. And Kvitova where does she come from now?
Also Vera looked dead and buried, hasn't done anything great at all lately. Grass is probably her worst surface. I thought RG was already something, but this.
WTA is more unpredictable than ever. What is USO gonna be? Wozniak and Kulikova in the SF?
Imagine how the men's final would have looked like if Federer and Djokovic lost their 1st round and Roddick still lost to Lu.

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Posting the Wooden Spoon thing on GM Luca? Really? :o

Really? :tape:

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
See Bruce.. I like one or two.. surprises.. but if every single match is an upset.. and if almost all are due to incredibly poor play by the top player, resulting in awful matches and unatractive match ups in the later stages of the slams, then I can't make myself like it. It's not all about the underdogs.. it's about the poor quality of matches and how top players are falling apart.. Sorry, but I would take a pass in a Pironkova x Kvitova final.. I just would not be interested, having seen them play before in the tournament. I also feel neither would deserve a slam, and this is just diminishing the value the slams have. It should be exclusive.. something a player fights hard and builds up to conquer.. instead it's becoming a lucky fluke left and right. I just don't like it.You express your points well,as usual,and I agree that a championship is sometimes cheapened when a mediocre titlist has a fluke performance.In 2006,the St.Louis Cardinals became the most unworthy champions in modern baseball history....They weren't even a playoff-caliber team...not even one of the 12 best teams in MLB...but they won a putrid,weak division and qualified for the postseason when they would have missed it in ANY other division...and then several of their substandard,journeymen players simultaneously had the top stretches of their careers...never came close to duplicating those stats,of course

However,there are certain fans who constantly bash the WTA while 'polishing the ATP's knob' from their kneepads....THOSE people would say that the 2009 Wimby SF between Serena and Elena was crappy tennis.:rolleyes:I respect your opinion a lot,Izzy,but there are legends such as Evert...and many others...who totally disagree with you;they say that the women today are better than ever.Hypothetically,they could be claiming that merely to promote the sport they love...it's just hard to believe that they're all b.s.'ing us.Yeah,there's some crappy tennis sometimes,but I don't think that Hall-of-Famers would praise the sport if they were dissatisfied--or didn't respect the players

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
You express your points well,as usual,and I agree that a championship is sometimes cheapened when a mediocre titlist has a fluke performance.In 2006,the St.Louis Cardinals became the most unworthy champions in modern baseball history....They weren't even a playoff-caliber team...not even one of the 12 best teams in MLB...but they won a putrid,weak division and qualified for the postseason when they would have missed it in ANY other division...and then several of their substandard,journeymen players simultaneously had the top stretches of their careers...never came close to duplicating those stats,of course

However,there are certain fans who constantly bash the WTA while 'polishing the ATP's knob' from their kneepads....THOSE people would say that the 2009 Wimby SF between Serena and Elena was crappy tennis.:rolleyes:I respect your opinion a lot,Izzy,but there are legends such as Evert...and many others...who totally disagree with you;they say that the women today are better than ever.Hypothetically,they could be claiming that merely to promote the sport they love...it's just hard to believe that they're all b.s.'ing us.Yeah,there's some crappy tennis sometimes,but I don't think that Hall-of-Famers would praise the sport if they were dissatisfied--or didn't respect the players

As I've said Bruce, I can only speak for myself.. and I think it has mostly been crappy tennis. Look at Venus today.. she was beyond awful. So it wasn't like Pironkova played lights out to reach the semis.. Clijsters also gave away the match IMHO, wasn't Zvonareva playing amazing to win it. So I didn't like the results. My view on it.. I really don't care what is Evert's opinion on this.. if she thinks this is great for womens tennis, then fine.. I disagree and its drawing me away. If it was not for Ana, I'm not sure I would be watching much of WTA, except for maybe Serena's matches.. at least I can count on her to fight her heart out at majors.

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM
As I've said Bruce, I can only speak for myself.. and I think it has mostly been crappy tennis. Look at Venus today.. she was beyond awful. So it wasn't like Pironkova played lights out to reach the semis.. Clijsters also gave away the match IMHO, wasn't Zvonareva playing amazing to win it. So I didn't like the results. My view on it.. I really don't care what is Evert's opinion on this.. if she thinks this is great for womens tennis, then fine.. I disagree and its drawing me away. If it was not for Ana, I'm not sure I would be watching much of WTA, except for maybe Serena's matches.. at least I can count on her to fight her heart out at majors.Izzy,I'm not speaking on today's matches b/c I was at work and couldn't watch them...you might be right that they WERE travesties.....I'm simply speaking on a broader scale where you have seemed to say that the entire WTA was shit...and,even though you are very knowledgeable...more than AYE am...you're not speaking from a FACTUAL standpoint...only of your personal preferences.We can agree that Evert and other HOFers understand tennis at least as well as you do,and I don't hear them complaining that their beloved sport has gone to shit.If the quality of play WERE dropping badly,then it's only logical that they'd try to take action to preserve the sport that they loved:shrug:

Maybe it's b/c I'm a guy,but the grace and beauty of the women make tennis more watchable for me....I couldn't even SIT THRU an ATP match unless it were Federer,Nadal,etc.--two greats playing each other.I'd rather get a quick laugh from watching dogs f--k than endure the ATP....and,trust me,I don't have any strong urge to see dogs copulate.To ME,it's nothing more than typical,chauvinist male culture--along with that small group of special,great players--that gives the ATP all that extra hype.Aye DO agree that men's basketball is much more exciting than women's,usually...but,unless it's Fed,Rafa,etc.,the ATP is barely tolerable even in short doses

azdaja
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Posting the Wooden Spoon thing on GM Luca? Really? :o

Really? :tape:
it's better that a fan starts it if you ask me. and i mean, we are all aware how low has ana sank, so... it's ana's fault, not luca's.

and i actually thought about the possibility of ana winning the wooden spoon as soon as she lost her 1st round match :o

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM
it's better that a fan starts it if you ask me. and i mean, we are all aware how low has ana sank, so... it's ana's fault, not luca's.

and i actually thought about the possibility of ana winning the wooden spoon as soon as she lost her 1st round match :o

Well.. honestly.. I don't think we should be creating threads for people to hate on her in GM. We all know haters will take great pleasure.

I was the first to bring it up here once Ana lost the first round... but creating threads about Ana in GM is just creating spaces for people to hate on her.. is that really necessary in these circunstances? I'm well aware that her fall from grace is all Ana's fault.. but I'm talking about this forum, the plenty of haters Ana has on GM.. do we need to feed them?

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Izzy,I'm not speaking on today's matches b/c I was at work and couldn't watch them...you might be right that they WERE travesties.....I'm simply speaking on a broader scale where you have seemed to say that the entire WTA was shit...and,even though you are very knowledgeable...more than AYE am...you're not speaking from a FACTUAL standpoint...only of your personal preferences.We can agree that Evert and other HOFers understand tennis at least as well as you do,and I don't hear them complaining that their beloved sport has gone to shit.If the quality of play WERE dropping badly,then it's only logical that they'd try to take action to preserve the sport that they loved:shrug:

Maybe it's b/c I'm a guy,but the grace and beauty of the women make tennis more watchable for me....I couldn't even SIT THRU an ATP match unless it were Federer,Nadal,etc.--two greats playing each other.I'd rather get a quick laugh from watching dogs f--k than endure the ATP....and,trust me,I don't have any strong urge to see dogs copulate.To ME,it's nothing more than typical,chauvinist male culture--along with that small group of special,great players--that gives the ATP all that extra hype.Aye DO agree that men's basketball is much more exciting than women's,usually...but,unless it's Fed,Rafa,etc.,the ATP is barely tolerable even in short doses

I repeat Bruce, I can only speak for myself.. Never meant to speak for the whole world. And IMHO the quality of tennis has been abysmal overall.. very few matches are actually good.. and even fewer seem exciting to me. Again, if Evert, Navratilova or whoever thinks differently, all I can do is disagree.. and sorry, don't think their opinion is more valid then mine and won't change my perception because of that. I don't think either would ever slam the WTA for its quality, even if they ever thought it sucked.

I have to admit my enjoyment of the matches have also been a bit dented by Ana playing club level, completely awful tennis.

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I repeat Bruce, I can only speak for myself.. Never meant to speak for the whole world. And IMHO the quality of tennis has been abysmal overall.. very few matches are actually good.. and even fewer seem exciting to me. Again, if Evert, Navratilova or whoever thinks differently, all I can do is disagree.. and sorry, don't think their opinion is more valid then mine and won't change my perception because of that. I don't think either would ever slam the WTA for its quality, even if they ever thought it sucked.

I have to admit my enjoyment of the matches have also been a bit dented by Ana playing club level, completely awful tennis.You see,I suspect that the last part plays a crucial factor;Ana's suckiness has ruined the WTA on a broader scale for you.

I'm not sure what you're looking at:confused::When I was a kid,I thought Evert was pretty hot...easy on the eyes...but some of those matches back then were almost unbearable...like two 70-year-old women playing a slow game of pattycake badminton in their back yard.The quality of play is MUCH higher now...and most folks agree with me.....That does NOT discount your right to your opinion:smooch:...I just don't think,IMO,that you have a very strong case that's supported by fact.

I agree that Evert and Navrat wouldn't openly bash the WTA if they thought it sucked;they'd be more discreet.......but I don't think they're b.s.'ing us with their praise of the modern players....I'd say they were being sincere

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
You see,I suspect that the last part plays a crucial factor;Ana's suckiness has ruined the WTA on a broader scale for you.

I'm not sure what you're looking at:confused::When I was a kid,I thought Evert was pretty hot...easy on the eyes...but some of those matches back then were almost unbearable...like two 70-year-old women playing a slow game of pattycake badminton in their back yard.The quality of play is MUCH higher now...and most folks agree with me.....That does NOT discount your right to your opinion:smooch:...I just don't think,IMO,that you have a very strong case that's supported by fact.

I agree that Evert and Navrat wouldn't openly bash the WTA if they thought it sucked;they'd be more discreet.......but I don't think they're b.s.'ing us with their praise of the modern players....I'd say they were being sincere

See.. We disagree completely. And honestly.. I would much rather see Navratilova and Evert batling it out for Wimbledon in the 80s, then a Wimbledon final that involved Kvitova x Pironkova with 100 UEs between each. And I'm talking about matches, you are talking about players.. I'm not saying players of today are worse than players of the old times. Quality of matches have been very poor IMHO.

I don't think there is right or wrong here.. there are preferences.. how can you support the case of high quality of a match that has barely any rallies and all of them ends on a UE? That's how most matches at the WTA pans out these days. You are saying I'm wrong, then saying I'm entitled of my opinion.. that's such a contradiction.. like saying I have a wrong opinion.. makes no sense.. if it's a opinion, it's not a fact, then it can't be right or wrong.. it's an opinion.

Ana sucking this much has effected my enjoyment of watching her.. which is non-existant nowadays.. but I've been a WTA fan since I was 8.. and boy did I enjoy watch Monica and Steffi batling it out.. even Arantxa and Conchita.. so many others.. the game could not be all about hard hitting and blasting someone off the court, but there were so many interesting rivalries and rallies.. So I can definitely enjoy the WTA of today.. I enjoyed watching Sharapova and Serena yesterday.. Groth and Venus was cool as well. But then comes today and Venus plays awful, Kim hands the match away.. and their opponents do nothing special. No.. can't enjoy that. All in all, that kind of complete breakdown from the top player has happened so often in the past couple of years, that its making it look like there is great depth.. no.. it's just that top players have been falling apart. Look at RG.. JJ was non-existant in the semis.. Kuzzy was awful from the get go, having the double of UEs than winners.. then we had a Petkovic huge choke.. I can't enjoy those matches.. they are just awful. I would have no problems with all the upsets if the underdogs were winning playing great tennis. But they are not.. they are winning because top players are falling apart, and that is an ugly sight to see IMHO.

And don't say I don't have a strong case. It's MY opinion, MY perception.. so it's the strongest case there can be to ME. You don't have to think the same, I'm not trying to make it the perception of the world, I'm not saying its universal truth.

azdaja
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Well.. honestly.. I don't think we should be creating threads for people to hate on her in GM. We all know haters will take great pleasure.

I was the first to bring it up here once Ana lost the first round... but creating threads about Ana in GM is just creating spaces for people to hate on her.. is that really necessary in these circunstances? I'm well aware that her fall from grace is all Ana's fault.. but I'm talking about this forum, the plenty of haters Ana has on GM.. do we need to feed them?
probably not, but in situations like this they also tend to hit new lows. we can't shield ana from hat0rz because she is still relevant even when she sucks. she is so popular. remember, even just after her fluke run in rome the wta had an article on her. because they need players like her in order to promote women's tennis.

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:05 PM
See.. We disagree completely. And honestly.. I would much rather see Navratilova and Evert batling it out for Wimbledon in the 80s, then a Wimbledon final that involved Kvitova x Pironkova with 100 UEs between each. And I'm talking about matches, you are talking about players.. I'm not saying players of today are worse than players of the old times. Quality of matches have been very poor IMHO.

I don't think there is right or wrong here.. there are preferences.. how can you support the case of high quality of a match that has barely any rallies and all of them ends on a UE? That's how most matches at the WTA pans out these days. You are saying I'm wrong, then saying I'm entitled of my opinion.. that's such a contradiction.. like saying I have a wrong opinion.. makes no sense.. if it's a opinion, it's not a fact, then it can't be right or wrong.. it's an opinion.

Ana sucking this much has effected my enjoyment of watching her.. which is non-existant nowadays.. but I've been a WTA fan since I was 8.. and boy did I enjoy watch Monica and Steffi batling it out.. even Arantxa and Conchita.. so many others.. the game could not be all about hard hitting and blasting someone off the court, but there were so many interesting rivalries and rallies.. So I can definitely enjoy the WTA of today.. I enjoyed watching Sharapova and Serena yesterday.. Groth and Venus was cool as well. But then comes today and Venus plays awful, Kim hands the match away.. and their opponents do nothing special. No.. can't enjoy that. All in all, that kind of complete breakdown from the top player has happened so often in the past couple of years, that its making it look like there is great depth.. no.. it's just that top players have been falling apart. Look at RG.. JJ was non-existant in the semis.. Kuzzy was awful from the get go, having the double of UEs than winners.. then we had a Petkovic huge choke.. I can't enjoy those matches.. they are just awful. I would have no problems with all the upsets if the underdogs were winning playing great tennis. But they are not.. they are winning because top players are falling apart, and that is an ugly sight to see IMHO.

And don't say I don't have a strong case. It's MY opinion, MY perception.. so it's the strongest case there can be to ME. You don't have to think the same, I'm not trying to make it the perception of the world, I'm not saying its universal truth.Well,I can't say that you're being defensive b/c I can't read your mind to determine your precise attitude...but your words almost seem as though you felt you were being attacked...and that's FAR from the truth.I figured that my respect and affection for you were fairly obvious...but maybe I've done a poor job of being a friend to you...in which case my standpoint would NOT be so obvious.In my OPINION,you are wrong...that's all I meant.

Do you honestly think that I justify matches with 100 UEs??...yet,as you've named,there are plenty of other matches that are great...and I don't believe that Evert,Navrat and countless others are blowing smoke when they say that today's matches are better.I'd say that you might be nostalgic for yesteryear's matches with an inflated view of their quality level.Aside from Evert-Navrat,there were NOT a lot of decent,suspenseful matches...and they did NOT have tons of competition in their glory days.In fact,I can remember isolated examples of where even Steffi Graf fell apart and played a horrible match with tons of UEs...and a couple occasions when Navrat melted down when she caught a bad break.I'm older than you so I have some vivid memories of these occasions.Evert is about the ONLY female athlete I can think of who wasn't prone to streakiness based on current emotional state...

....and yet what does the men's game offer?:yawn:Federer,Nadal...and an exteemely rare,isolated exception at Slams.....ZERO drama.For every bad match you mention,I'll find two memorable ones such as Serena-Henin 2010 AO final...or Schiavone's RG run...and that's coming from a HUGE Elena fan who wanted to see her shut her haters up.Fran didn't 'push' her way to that title...she EARNED it with brave,inspired play.You wouldn't catch that in the 80s or early 90s since 3 players dominated the Slams and left no doubt who'd win.I'll repeat:I don't believe that every single one of those HOF'ers are bullshitting us when they say that the level of play has risen since their day

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Well,I can't say that you're being defensive b/c I can't read your mind to determine your precise attitude...but your words almost seem as though you felt you were being attacked...and that's FAR from the truth.I figured that my respect and affection for you were fairly obvious...but maybe I've done a poor job of being a friend to you...in which case my standpoint would NOT be so obvious.In my OPINION,you are wrong...that's all I meant.

Do you honestly think that I justify matches with 100 UEs??...yet,as you've named,there are plenty of other matches that are great...and I don't believe that Evert,Navrat and countless others are blowing smoke when they say that today's matches are better.I'd say that you might be nostalgic for yesteryear's matches with an inflated view of their quality level.Aside from Evert-Navrat,there were NOT a lot of decent,suspenseful matches...and they did NOT have tons of competition in their glory days.In fact,I can remember isolated examples of where even Steffi Graf fell apart and played a horrible match with tons of UEs...and a couple occasions when Navrat melted down when she caught a bad break.I'm older than you so I have some vivid memories of these occasions.Evert is about the ONLY female athlete I can think of who wasn't prone to streakiness based on current emotional state...

....and yet what does the men's game offer?:yawn:Federer,Nadal...and an exteemely rare,isolated exception at Slams.....ZERO drama.For every bad match you mention,I'll find two memorable ones such as Serena-Henin 2010 AO final...or Schiavone's RG run...and that's coming from a HUGE Elena fan who wanted to see her shut her haters up.Fran didn't 'push' her way to that title...she EARNED it with brave,inspired play.You wouldn't catch that in the 80s or early 90s since 3 players dominated the Slams and left no doubt who'd win.I'll repeat:I don't believe that every single one of those HOF'ers are bullshitting us when they say that the level of play has risen since their day

Ok.. In my opinion you are wrong then.

And I'm not talking about ATP.. so... nor am I nostalgic of old times.. I was just thinking actually.. 2006, 2007, 2008.. I can remember so many amazing matches. Then I think about 2009 and 2010 and barely any come to my mind.. on the other hand I can remember plenty of horrible ones. So for every good match I can remember this past 2 years, I can remember about 15 horrible ones.

Let's play a game... try thinking of great matches of the past 5 years.. and let's compare with the awful ones.

2009: Can only think of Serena-Kuzzy at RG(arguable.. not that good), Serena-Dementieva Wimbledon.. maybe Dinara-Venus in Rome.. mind blank. I can name about 10 bad ones or more.. Kuzzy-Woz at USO, Oudin-Woz at USO, Wickmeyer-Woz USO, Pennetta-Stosur LA, Kim-Schnyder Luxembourg, Safina-Cornet AO, Dementieva-Barrois AO, Sharapova-Garbin Warsaw, Jankovic-Cirstea RG, Safina-Zheng Rome.. so on. These are only some random ones involving top players.. imagine others we don't get to see.. :tape:

2010: Serena-Justine AO, Stosur-Schiavone RG (only memorable match Schiavone played, and it wasn't all that because of level of play.. more because of the heart she could put in), Serena-Sharapova Wimbledon (not even that memorable, but entertaining), Kim-Justine Brisbane.. mind blank. So many awful ones... so many... Venus-Na Li AO (that has got to be the worst of the year), Venus-Kim Miami, Kim-Justine Miami, Jankovic-Serena Rome (what a mess of a match!), Venus-Pironkova Wimbledon, Kim-Zvonareva Wimbledon, Serena-Dushevina Madrid, Petrova-Dementieva RG, Woz-Henin Miami, Woz-Radwanska IW, so on.. many many others.

I have to leave now.. but I'll keep going.. And I'm not even mentioning Ana's matches. :tape:

bruce goose
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Ok.. In my opinion you are wrong then.

And I'm not talking about ATP.. so... nor am I nostalgic of old times.. I was just thinking actually.. 2006, 2007, 2008.. I can remember so many amazing matches. Then I think about 2009 and 2010 and barely any come to my mind.. on the other hand I can remember plenty of horrible ones. So for every good match I can remember this past 2 years, I can remember about 15 horrible ones.

Let's play a game... try thinking of great matches of the past 5 years.. and let's compare with the awful ones.

2009: Can only think of Serena-Kuzzy at RG(arguable.. not that good), Serena-Dementieva Wimbledon.. maybe Dinara-Venus in Rome.. mind blank. I can name about 10 bad ones or more.. Kuzzy-Woz at USO, Oudin-Woz at USO, Wickmeyer-Woz USO, Pennetta-Stosur LA, Kim-Schnyder Luxembourg, Safina-Cornet AO, Dementieva-Barrois AO, Sharapova-Garbin Warsaw, Jankovic-Cirstea RG, Safina-Zheng Rome.. so on. These are only some random ones involving top players.. imagine others we don't get to see.. :tape:

2010: Serena-Justine AO, Stosur-Schiavone RG (only memorable match Schiavone played, and it wasn't all that because of level of play.. more because of the heart she could put in), Serena-Sharapova Wimbledon (not even that memorable, but entertaining), Kim-Justine Brisbane.. mind blank. So many awful ones... so many... Venus-Na Li AO (that has got to be the worst of the year), Venus-Kim Miami, Kim-Justine Miami, Jankovic-Serena Rome (what a mess of a match!), Venus-Pironkova Wimbledon, Kim-Zvonareva Wimbledon, Serena-Dushevina Madrid, Petrova-Dementieva RG, Woz-Henin Miami, Woz-Radwanska IW, so on.. many many others.

I have to leave now.. but I'll keep going.. And I'm not even mentioning Ana's matches. :tape:Well,I think you're being WAY over-critical when you analyze certain matches as "terrible";I can think of several occasions when a friend PMed me with a message on how much they enjoyed a match...and then you either posted later--or you had done so previously--that the match was supposedly 'horrendous'.

From a strictly deductive basis,those other opinions are NO better than yours...but I can't help noticing how often you've been in the minority with those opinions...and it strikes me as bizarre that the ENTIRE WTA mysteriously forgot how to play tennis sometime between 2008 and 2009;it's not a logical accusation,Izzy...as if God Himself had magically sapped the players' skills from them.I think that you nitpick over small things sometimes and are quick to condemn matches as sub-standard...and I suspect that Ana's shitty play has jaded you somewhat towards the women's game on a subtle level.To back that up,I can recall at least five instances--not which specific match it was,but the occurence--when no less than 10 posters commented on how much they savored a match...and one solitary voice declared the match as pure crap.To be fair,you might be more knowledgeable than every one of the people who disagees with you,yet I dare say that you can go too far with your perfectionism...and that your anger & disappointment with Vanishing Ana contribute to that.....I'll say it one more time:I simply don't believe that the legends would effusively praise today's players if they were destroying the sport that the old-timers had worked so hard to build....That doesn't sound plausible to me;they might not openly rant and say,"TODAY'S PLAYERS SUCK!!:mad:",but they'd find a more discreet manner to get their points across if they felt that way

Pops Maellard
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I'm kinda with Izzy on this one sorry Bruce. :hug:

Whenever a journeywoman knocks out a top seed, it's not usually because they play amazingly, it's usually because the top seeds are horrible. *sigh*

Besides usually they're never going to repeat such a run again, and it leads to a huge rankings drop the next year, or them waiting to have their ass kicked by one of the few top seeds left because they're out of their depth so far in a slam.

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I'm kinda with Izzy on this one sorry Bruce.

Whenever a journeywoman knocks out a top seed, it's not usually because they play amazingly, it's usually because the top seeds are horrible. *sigh*

Besides usually they're never going to repeat such a run again, and it leads to a huge rankings drop the next year, or them waiting to have their ass kicked by one of the few top seeds left because they're out of their depth so far in a slam.Aaron,I seriously doubt that you've ever done any careful analysis of such events...not enough that you could make an informed commentary on how well seeds play when they're upset.......If you'll pardon my bluntness,that's kind of a dumb comment anyway because the top seed didn't get her position by being inferior to the lower-ranked player...so it's only logical that her level of play would drop slightly during the upset,otherwise she would beat the inferior player..............Regardless,the existence of upsets doesn't prove that the entire sport sucks...that's an empty,purely subjective accusation.Again,I heavily doubt that you've done aNY kind of thorough study there.How many upsets are tolerable,in your expert opinion,for a sport to NOT suck?....Give me a break,Aaron

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Aaron,I seriously doubt that you've ever done any careful analysis of such events...not enough that you could make an informed commentary on how well seeds play when they're upset.......If you'll pardon my bluntness,that's kind of a dumb comment anyway because the top seed didn't get her position by being inferior to the lower-ranked player...so it's only logical that her level of play would drop slightly during the upset,otherwise she would beat the inferior player..............Regardless,the existence of upsets doesn't prove that the entire sport sucks...that's an empty,purely subjective accusation.Again,I heavily doubt that you've done aNY kind of thorough study there.How many upsets are tolerable,in your expert opinion,for a sport to NOT suck?....Give me a break,Aaron

This post makes no sense Bruce. It's not about the upset.. upsets are fine... it's about level of play.. it's not that top players let their level drop slightly during the upset, it's that their level hits rock bottom and the other player wins without doing much at all. Of course, this can't be said about all matches.. but it's the fact that it's happening in every single tournament that makes the WTA be in such poor state noawadays IMHO.

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:56 AM
This post makes no sense Bruce. It's not about the upset.. upsets are fine... it's about level of play.. it's not that top players let their level drop slightly during the upset, it's that their level hits rock bottom and the other player wins without doing much at all. Of course, this can't be said about all matches.. but it's the fact that it's happening in every single tournament that makes the WTA be in such poor state noawadays IMHO.Well,Izzy,if I heard a few more tennis insiders lamenting how much the top players totally sucked nowadays,then I might be more likely to believe it.However,you're in an EXTREMELY small minority,along with male chauvinists,who feel that the WTA is so horribly beyond redemption.I could go on to ask:If the quality of play is so offensive to you,then why do you watch??

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Well,I think you're being WAY over-critical when you analyze certain matches as "terrible";I can think of several occasions when a friend PMed me with a message on how much they enjoyed a match...and then you either posted later--or you had done so previously--that the match was supposedly 'horrendous'.

From a strictly deductive basis,those other opinions are NO better than yours...but I can't help noticing how often you've been in the minority with those opinions...and it strikes me as bizarre that the ENTIRE WTA mysteriously forgot how to play tennis sometime between 2008 and 2009;it's not a logical accusation,Izzy...as if God Himself had magically sapped the players' skills from them.I think that you nitpick over small things sometimes and are quick to condemn matches as sub-standard...and I suspect that Ana's shitty play has jaded you somewhat towards the women's game on a subtle level.To back that up,I can recall at least five instances--not which specific match it was,but the occurence--when no less than 10 posters commented on how much they savored a match...and one solitary voice declared the match as pure crap.To be fair,you might be more knowledgeable than every one of the people who disagees with you,yet I dare say that you can go too far with your perfectionism...and that your anger & disappointment with Vanishing Ana contribute to that.....I'll say it one more time:I simply don't believe that the legends would effusively praise today's players if they were destroying the sport that the old-timers had worked so hard to build....That doesn't sound plausible to me;they might not openly rant and say,"TODAY'S PLAYERS SUCK!!:mad:",but they'd find a more discreet manner to get their points across if they felt that way

I'm not even talking about Ana.. or her matches.. or anything related to her at all. This perception has nothing to do with her.. the more I think about matches I've almost suffered watching, the more I have this clear.. Maybe if Ana was not sucking and was taking this opportunity to rack up titles with so little competition, because of the overall poor play, then maybe I wouldn't care as much.. but that wouldn't make the matches any better. Also.. I'm not saying today's players suck. I'm not saying the sport is being destroyed.. All I'm saying is that the quality of matches in the past 2 years has fallen a LOT compared to previous years IMHO. And I've given plenty of examples.. you are saying some might have enjoyed those matches.. obviously.. most because a player they liked ended up winning. I can even enjoy a poor quality match, for the drama or for the crazyness.. like JJ-Dementieva at Cinci 2009, but that doesn't make the match high quality. It was awful quality.. but so crazy it was funny. The fact that the quality of play has dropped in general in 2009/2010 and top players have been falling apart in such horrible ways has made the WTA less apealing to ME.

I can think of so many awesome memorable matches in 2007 and 2008.. and even the ones I mentioned as good matches in 2009 and 2010 are barely going to be remembered in the future.

And I have heard Navratilova, for an example, sigh at the level of play in some matches... but she is obviously not going to say the WTA sucks.. who would ever say that? That would be destroying the sport.

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Well,Izzy,if I heard a few more tennis insiders lamenting how much the top players totally sucked nowadays,then I might be more likely to believe it.However,you're in an EXTREMELY small minority,along with male chauvinists,who feel that the WTA is so horribly beyond redemption.I could go on to ask:If the quality of play is so offensive to you,then why do you watch??

I don't know which commentators you listen to.. but I've definitely read and listened plenty of critics the past couple of years. I don't think I'm in that much of a minority... And those male chauvinists don't like the WTA because its women playing.. that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about now.

I watch because I've always liked woman's tennis much more than men's tennis. I've said I've been a WTA fan since I was 8. And I love tennis.. it's one of the things I love most in life. I don't think I could ever go without watching.. I always hope I can have the opportunity to watch a great match.. but honestly, as I've said already.. if it wasn't for Ana... and some other players like Serena or Sharapova or Kim or Venus.. I would be barely watching because quality has been abysmal overall to me and a good match happens once every 3 months with luck! I've admited that in another post.. I even said that I'll pass on a Kvitova x Pironkova final.. even though I think I've watched all grand slam finals since I was 8. That match has no appeal to me, having seen those players play earlier in the tournament.

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I'm not even talking about Ana.. or her matches.. or anything related to her at all. This perception has nothing to do with her.. the more I think about matches I've almost suffered watching, the more I have this clear.. Maybe if Ana was not sucking and was taking this opportunity to rack up titles with so little competition, because of the overall poor play, then maybe I wouldn't care as much.. but that wouldn't make the matches any better. Also.. I'm not saying today's players suck. I'm not saying the sport is being destroyed.. All I'm saying is that the quality of matches in the past 2 years has fallen a LOT compared to previous years IMHO. And I've given plenty of examples.. you are saying some might have enjoyed those matches.. obviously.. most because a player they liked ended up winning. I can even enjoy a poor quality match, for the drama or for the crazyness.. like JJ-Dementieva at Cinci 2009, but that doesn't make the match high quality. It was awful quality.. but so crazy it was funny. The fact that the quality of play has dropped in general in 2009/2010 and top players have been falling apart in such horrible ways has made the WTA less apealing to ME.

I can think of so many awesome memorable matches in 2007 and 2008.. and even the ones I mentioned as good matches in 2009 and 2010 are barely going to be remembered in the future.

And I have heard Navratilova, for an example, sigh at the level of play in some matches... but she is obviously not going to say the WTA sucks.. who would ever say that? That would be destroying the sport.I'd like to see the CONTEXT in which Navrat made that quote;I don't doubt you that she complained over something...but the context would put things into perspective better...whether she were subtly implying that the sport sucked or not.Again,how do you explain this bizarre mystery that the top players magically forgot how to play sometime between 2008 and 2009??If you stop and analyze that for a second,you'll realize how bizarre that sounds....

You make a fair point that fans might like a match b/c of the drama...or if their favorite player wins...but that's not what I meant.I mean cases where LOTS of posters commented on the high quality of play while ONE person posted,":(Boy did that match suck!!the WTA is such worthless shit nowadays!The old Ana could easily beat these scrubs!".....I still hold to my belief that you're bitter over Ana's descent...and hypercritical over small things....Btw,I'm somewhat bitter over Ana's abyss trip,too;I just have a somewhat different reaction to it:devil:

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I don't know which commentators you listen to.. but I've definitely read and listened plenty of critics the past couple of years. I don't think I'm in that much of a minority... And those male chauvinists don't like the WTA because its women playing.. that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about now.

I watch because I've always liked woman's tennis much more than men's tennis. I've said I've been a WTA fan since I was 8. And I love tennis.. it's one of the things I love most in life. I don't think I could ever go without watching.. I always hope I can have the opportunity to watch a great match.. but honestly, as I've said already.. if it wasn't for Ana... and some other players like Serena or Sharapova or Kim or Venus.. I would be barely watching because quality has been abysmal overall to me and a good match happens once every 3 months with luck! I've admited that in another post.. I even said that I'll pass on a Kvitova x Pironkova final.. even though I think I've watched all grand slam finals since I was 8. That match has no appeal to me, having seen those players play earlier in the tournament.I'll tell you what,Izzy;I've admitted when I was wrong plenty of times in the past...just recently,I gave Sjoerd a big:worship::worship::worship: when Makiri beat Kuzy...and I apologized to him for posting in 2008 that Makiri was incapable of Top 15-caliber tennis....She might not REACH that rank,but she showed that she's capable when healthy.

So,if you find some tennis legends....Rod Laver,Fred Stolle,Margaret Court,BJK....any respectably-sized group...who corroborates your theory that woman's tennis is so hopelessly abysmal....then I'll give YOU the big:worship: like I gave Sjoerd....I think that's a VERY fair proposition

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I'd like to see the CONTEXT in which Navrat made that quote;I don't doubt you that she complained over something...but the context would put things into perspective better...whether she were subtly implying that the sport sucked or not.Again,how do you explain this bizarre mystery that the top players magically forgot how to play sometime between 2008 and 2009??If you stop and analyze that for a second,you'll realize how bizarre that sounds....

Who said that? Really Bruce.. nobody is saying that.. All I'm saying is the level of play has fallen in general.. and that good matches are far in between.. The fact that nobody forgot how to play tennis and can play to a high level, showed by these few good matches, only makes it more frustrating that there have been so many awful performances, so many top players completely falling apart.

Did Dinara forget how to play tennis last year? No.. but she fell apart in the RG final and played like crap. After that she had some pretty good matches, like against Kim in Cinci. But that good match is the isolated event and the bad matches are the rule.. that's what I'm complaining about.

You make a fair point that fans might like a match b/c of the drama...or if their favorite player wins...but that's not what I meant.I mean cases where LOTS of posters commented on the high quality of play while ONE person posted,":(Boy did that match suck!!the WTA is such worthless shit nowadays!The old Ana could easily beat these scrubs!".....I still hold to my belief that you're bitter over Ana's descent...and hypercritical over small things....Btw,I'm somewhat bitter over Ana's abyss trip,too;I just have a somewhat different reaction to it:devil:

Can you give some examples? You are just talking and talking.. without giving the examples, I can't say anything.. Which cases? But anyway.. how that affects my opinion? Your belief that I'm bitter over Ana's decent has nothing to do with this discussion.. you are dead wrong in this, and this time I can say it with knowledge of fact. And I'm not hypercritical.. I'm stating my honest opinion. I've been thinking about so many matches I've suffered watching due to the awful play.. and I could remember so many that had nothing to do with Ana, that I can tell you as a fact that Ana isn't even close to my mind when I'm stating my opinion here.

So,if you find some tennis legends....Rod Laver,Fred Stolle,Margaret Court,BJK....any respectably-sized group...who corroborates your theory that woman's tennis is so hopelessly abysmal....then I'll give YOU the big:worship: like I gave Sjoerd....I think that's a VERY fair proposition

Who said that? All I said is that the level of play has fallen a lot in the past couple of years compared to the previous years.. which has nothing to do with the bolded sentence.

And how is the tennis legends opinion going to affect mine? This is my opinion and I won't change it because this or that said this or that to the press. And how is what they say the universal truth? :o

You know what.. whatever. I'm tired of this discussion. You think the WTA is better than ever.. I think there have been barely any memorable matches in these past couple of years and the quality overall has fallen deeply. You think you own the universal truth.. :rolleyes: We disagree.. that's it. Not going to reply anymore.

spiritedenergy
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:43 AM
oh the drama:lol:

i agree with izzy, WTA totally sucks, and 90% of people in this forum would agree with that i think judging from the topics. Thre is really no consistency anymore, and the good matches are far and in between. I'm barely watching anything anymore but from the little I saw the level of play is awful, maybe there is too much power that few players are able to handle, i don't know what's the reason but really most matches are awful:o

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Who said that? All I said is that the level of play has fallen a lot in the past couple of years compared to the previous years.. which has nothing to do with the bolded sentence.

And how is the tennis legends opinion going to affect mine? This is my opinion and I won't change it because this or that said this or that to the press. And how is what they say the universal truth? :o

You know what.. whatever. I'm tired of this discussion. You think the WTA is better than ever.. I think there have been barely any memorable matches in these past couple of years and the quality overall has fallen deeply. You think you own the universal truth.. :rolleyes: We disagree.. that's it. Not going to reply anymore.You don't think that I'm angry with you,do you?:angel:Isn't it obvious how much I enjoy getting your feedback??:)Would I debate with you if I didn't respect what you had to say...even when I disagreed with it?

I can accept your comment that there's been a drop-off...just nowhere NEAR where you claim it is...and I'm NOT the only person who thinks you nitpick in an overly-perfectionist way;).......but,sometimes,that's part of your charm:smooch::wavey:

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:02 AM
oh the drama:lol:

i agree with izzy, WTA totally sucks, and 90% of people in this forum would agree with that i think judging from the topics. Thre is really no consistency anymore, and the good matches are far and in between. I'm barely watching anything anymore but from the little I saw the level of play is awful, maybe there is too much power that few players are able to handle, i don't know what's the reason but really most matches are awful:o:haha::haha::haha:Luca,you are the PERFECT one to be posting here...I can think of at least a half dozen occasions where you posted that Ana played pretty well.....and then Izzy replied with disbelief and shock that you thought that....and then you responded with trepidation as if to say,"Ummmmm....well....maybe I had a bad live feed.....maybe Ana sucked like you said,Izzy"

You strike me as a stand-up guy,Luca,so you're not gonna get amnesia on me,are you???:lol::lol::lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:11 AM
:haha::haha::haha:Luca,you are the PERFECT one to be posting here...I can think of at least a half dozen occasions where you posted that Ana played pretty well.....and then Izzy replied with disbelief and shock that you thought that....and then you responded with trepidation as if to say,"Ummmmm....well....maybe I had a bad live feed.....maybe Ana sucked like you said,Izzy"

You strike me as a stand-up guy,Luca,so you're not gonna get amnesia on me,are you???:lol::lol::lol:

yes pretty well by ana standards after 2007:lol: but seriously i disagreed with izzy many times (i.e. Rome and even before when ana was playing decent), but there is no way to deny that WTA sucks right now, with pironkova and kvitova in the SF:tape:

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:20 AM
yes pretty well by ana standards after 2007:lol: but seriously i disagreed with izzy many times (i.e. Rome and even before when ana was playing decent), but there is no way to deny that WTA sucks right now, with pironkova and kvitova in the SF:tape:Yep,there IS a way to deny it...I think that's a stupid opinion:lol:..sort of like saying that Duran Duran is the greatest rock group of all time...but I won't hold that against you,Luca;anyone who's hated by Princess Craig must be a decent guy,deep-down

bruce goose
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Btw,Aaron....Sorry for being so hard on you earlier;you were just expressing your beliefs...as is your right.......Do you see Ana??Now that you've pseudo-retired from tennis,we have nothing better to do except fight with each other:help:

Pops Maellard
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Btw,Aaron....Sorry for being so hard on you earlier;you were just expressing your beliefs...as is your right.......Do you see Ana??Now that you've pseudo-retired from tennis,we have nothing better to do except fight with each other:help:
Never mind Bruce. I'm used to your...bluntness. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Watching Federer VS Berdych right now. :p

Berdych is a player I wouldn't mind seeing Ana date, other than Nole. :lol:

Davodus
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:30 PM

He is well and truly spoken for :o

The 2nd Law
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:38 PM

Fox Sports is waiting for Rafa X Sod and are showing the Bryan bros in the meantime :( I wanna watch Nole make his way to the semis...I remember when I saw the draw I said if Nole manages to get to the semis he might win the whole thing, it's not unreasonable, he might not even have to play Fed in the semis ...

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:58 PM

No.. Berdych should be forever with Safarova. They are such a cute couple.. :hearts:

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Berdych x Nole will be semifinal number 1. I reckon it can be a great match.. Will it be Nole's first slam final since AO 2008?

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Serena and Venus lost in doubles today.. it seems Serena had her serving shoulder heavily strapped.. not good.. :tape:

InsideOut.
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Kvitova vs. Pironkova final? :hearts:

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Kvitova vs. Pironkova final? :hearts:

Likely.. :tape:

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:10 PM
WTF? in Nadal x Soderling now.. Had never seen that.. Soderling hit a ball on the line that was called out, and Nadal hit it to the net. Soderling challenged, it was in.. and Pascal Maria gave the point directly to Soderling. But Nadal had a play on the ball.. he hit it. Isn't the rule that the point should be replayed? I always see these kinds of play with the point being replayed. Like in Ana's match against Peer. She hit a great serve on BP in the first set and Peer barely touched it. The serve was called out, and Nouni overruled it, as it had been very much in. Ana had to replay the point.. and lost it. If it was Pascal Maria would he have given Ana the point? :o

azdaja
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:35 PM
fed lost :eek: but that only serves as an illustration as to why upsets should be upsets and not random results. atp definitely has more credibility than wta.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:25 AM
I never thought Nole would have a chance for another slam final in a while. :lol: I like the T-Bird but I can't root against Nole. His form has been poor but maybe with Fed losing he got a bit of a break. :lol:

I think he could beat Nadal in the final. But it would be tough.

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM
No.. Berdych should be forever with Safarova. They are such a cute couple.. :hearts:

Exactly ;)

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:45 AM
Of course Tomas should stay with Lucie. She's a very lucky girl. :lick:

But anyway, I'm just saying if Tomas wasn't with Lucie. :shrug: :rolls:

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:45 AM
Oh btw, there is an interview with Adam in this months Alpha magazine here...but he only mentions Ana like once, so not really worth posting anything, but just incase anyone is interested...

gloria7
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
HE is a smart man. Ana talks too much about her private life,she is too open with the press.Ana reminds me of Verdasco ,he was "happy" and "mouthy" and she remained silent in the past.Situation is reversed now.I understand that she must remain present in the media and that people love to read everything about her,but this is too much.In "Blic zena" Ana started to share tips to the women-how to be happy in relationships,to preserve your own identity.I expect her now to appear in the some show on cooking and to do advertisement for tampons.
Ana should just keep her intimate thoughts ans wishes to herself or her best friend.When i think of all headlines from our newspapers and how many times journalists were taking her lines out of context to make sensational headlines-it's better for her not to talk that much.People are stupid,they have no time to check it out-did she realy said that?They will take it as a fact.
The whole thing with Adam's arrival...what will happen if he can't come to Belgrade?The same journalists will be first to say:"He is too big star for third world country" or "He isn't that much into Ana".What will happen if he comes?Ana said that she doesn't feel free in Belgrade,people recognize her and they are giving her advices on how to play tennis(i like that).And with that "Hello" interview she just invited every journalist and paparazzi to follow them everywhere...and people were accusing Verdasco for tipping paparazzi when they dated...

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Oh btw, there is an interview with Adam in this months Alpha magazine here...but he only mentions Ana like once, so not really worth posting anything, but just incase anyone is interested...

What does he say about her?

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Aaron, have you seen this? :spit:

http://x17online.com/gallery/view_gallery.php?gallery=flopez062910_X17

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
HE is a smart man. Ana talks too much about her private life,she is too open with the press.Ana reminds me of Verdasco ,he was "happy" and "mouthy" and she remained silent in the past.Situation is reversed now.I understand that she must remain present in the media and that people love to read everything about her,but this is too much.In "Blic zena" Ana started to share tips to the women-how to be happy in relationships,to preserve your own identity.I expect her now to appear in the some show on cooking and to do advertisement for tampons.
Ana should just keep her intimate thoughts ans wishes to herself or her best friend.When i think of all headlines from our newspapers and how many times journalists were taking her lines out of context to make sensational headlines-it's better for her not to talk that much.People are stupid,they have no time to check it out-did she realy said that?They will take it as a fact.
The whole thing with Adam's arrival...what will happen if he can't come to Belgrade?The same journalists will be first to say:"He is too big star for third world country" or "He isn't that much into Ana".What will happen if he comes?Ana said that she doesn't feel free in Belgrade,people recognize her and they are giving her advices on how to play tennis(i like that).And with that "Hello" interview she just invited every journalist and paparazzi to follow them everywhere...and people were accusing Verdasco for tipping paparazzi when they dated...

Maybe she likes him more than he likes her?

I agree that she has been talking too much... doesn't even seem like Ana, who used to be so private.. But then again, so many things she has been doing are particularly uncharacteristic..

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:06 AM

Wow, thanks. :lol:

I still think Fer and Feli would be better off together than with those chicks they bought with them. :haha:

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah and it still annoys me that he's WAGing on a boat when he should still be in Wimbledon. :shout:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wow, thanks. :lol:

I still think Fer and Feli would be better off together than with those chicks they bought with them. :haha:

Oh yeah and it still annoys me that he's WAGing on a boat when he should still be in Wimbledon. :shout:

At least you have Nole to root for in the semis!

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM

At least you have Nole to root for in the semis!
True. My enthusiasm for Nole hasn't been too high this year but if he were to win I'd be on the bandwagon again. I always figure, after he wins his second slam everything else will be a bonus. ;)

azdaja
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:24 AM
so, federer falls to #3 next week. is this the end of an era?

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:12 PM
What does he say about her?

He doesn't say anything on his own, they asked him a question about her...he says she loves Australia and she didn't really like golf much early on but he thinks she appreciates it a bit more now or something...I can't remember exactly because someone has stolen the magazine off me :o But it was nothing that interesting.

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
I don`t think it matters if Federer is #1,2,3 ...I think he will win a few more GSs :p
If it wasn`t for Serena this Wimbledon would look like some MM tournament :weirdo:
Pironkova,Zvonareva ,Kvitova :help:
WTA :o

mure
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM

glad Ana dumped this man-whore before he started transmitting her all kinds of STDs

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM
glad Ana dumped this man-whore before he started transmitting her all kinds of STDs

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Pironkova one set away from a slam final.. playing all sorts of FH slices..

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
He doesn't say anything on his own, they asked him a question about her...he says she loves Australia and she didn't really like golf much early on but he thinks she appreciates it a bit more now or something...I can't remember exactly because someone has stolen the magazine off me :o But it was nothing that interesting.

Thanks David. ;)

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
And Adam's much better?:rolleyes:

At least Verdasco might be a better influence tennis-wise on Ana.

Davodus
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Pironkova has never even made a MM tournament final before in her life :o

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:14 PM
Zvonareva up 5-2 in the second. ;) The WTA is not doomed yet. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Oh and the commentators said Pironkova lost in the qualies of Eastbourne. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
This match is really poor quality right now.. :o Pironkova lost her touch.. Nice to see Zvonareva right the ship though. She is bound to win now and keep Ana's chance of a Wooden Spoon alive.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
This match is really poor quality right now.. :o Pironkova lost her touch.. Nice to see Zvonareva right the ship though. She is bound to win now and keep Ana's chance of a Wooden Spoon alive.
Vera's playing well. Pironkova just :tape:. Her invincibility bubble has popped.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Vera's playing well. Pironkova just :tape:. Her invincibility bubble has popped.

Yes.. Vera is a smart player.. she knows how to put the other player's weeknesses in evidence when she is calm and composed like now.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes.. Vera is a smart player.. she knows how to put the other player's weeknesses in evidence when she is calm and composed like now.
Vera in the final is a LOT better than Pironkova. She might at least put up some fight against Serena if the idea of being in a Wimbledon final isn't too much. :unsure:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:51 PM
Vera in the final is a LOT better than Pironkova. She might at least put up some fight against Serena if the idea of being in a Wimbledon final isn't too much. :unsure:

Yes.. I'm not exactly a Vera fan but I think she totally deserves a slam final. Back in early 2009, I was sure she was bound to make one.. At AO 2009 SF, I totally thought she would beat Safina, but her emotions got the better of her at that moment. And then the whole ankle situation happened.. it's nice to see her playing well within her strengths again. She is indeed a very smart player IMHO.. if she has a hold on her emotions, she always seems like she knows what she is doing on court.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yes.. I'm not exactly a Vera fan but I think she totally deserves a slam final. Back in early 2009, I was sure she was bound to make one.. At AO 2009 SF, I totally thought she would beat Safina, but her emotions got the better of her at that moment. And then the whole ankle situation happened.. it's nice to see her playing well within her strengths again. She is indeed a very smart player IMHO.. if she has a hold on her emotions, she always seems like she knows what she is doing on court.
You shouldn't have laughed at Nando manwhore comment? :o :lol:

It was Ana who was more likely unfaithful to Nando. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
You shouldn't have laughed at Nando manwhore comment? :o :lol:

It was Ana who was more likely unfaithful to Nando. :lol:

Sorry.. :lol:

I just found the comment out of nowhere funny, considering the pics.

I know Ana was the one who broke Nando's heart. She choose to WAG on golf courses.. she was just sick of tennis already.. :spit::o

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Zvonareva wins. Well done.. some smart play.

Now I hope Serena wins so we can have a cool final.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
Our friend Jonny must be really happy now with Vera. :)

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
In the Wimbledon Seed Elimination thread I accidentally deleted Kirilenko when she had 16 points left. :tape:

I thought I should apologize to Sjoerd and give him a green dot. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM
So we have one finalist ,hopefully Serena will be the second one
Pironkova and her sliced FHs :tape::help::o:rolleyes:

I can`t believe how Kim lost to Vera .Vera was pushing all the way and Kim hit one UE after another :o
Kim was great in her first GS after return, since then she was awful at GSs,same as Justine at AO
Even with return of Kim and Justine WTA sucks big time
And Venus :help:

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
^ Oh yeah. Venus. :rolleyes: I'm mad at her most of all.

All we need is for Serena to beat Kvitova and we might have a half-decent final. :p

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM
So we have one finalist ,hopefully Serena will be the second one
Pironkova and her sliced FHs :tape::help::o:rolleyes:

I can`t believe how Kim lost to Vera .Vera was pushing all the way and Kim hit one UE after another :o
Kim was great in her first GS after return, since then she was awful at GSs,same as Justine at AO
Even with return of Kim and Justine WTA sucks big time
And Venus :help:

Kim and Venus were completely awful.. Vera is a smart player and was just watching Kim lose the match. I can't even talk about Venus.. she said it better herself.. "If there is any shot to miss, I missed them today." She couldn't keep the ball in.

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
I guess so ,better Vera than Pironkova
If that final happens Serena will crush Vera imo.It will be very one sided final ,but first she has to get there

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Serena looks to be in one of these days she doesn't really move... :tape::help:

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
I'm scared for Serena kind of. :tape:

If she doesn't get her first serve in enough I think she could lose. :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm scared for Serena kind of. :tape:

If she doesn't get her first serve in enough I think she could lose. :tape:

Me too.. she doesn't seem to be moving much.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Serena has hit like 3 or 4 BH slices already.. not good.. :help:

And hasn't hit any ace yet.. :help: Her serve is not looking as sharp as previous matches.

Pops Maellard
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
There were rumours of shoulder issue. :unsure:

jelenacg
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Serena looks to be in one of these days she doesn't really move... :tape::help:

:lol::lol:

I really don`t see her losing to Kvitova with or without movement :shrug:
Kvitova is hit or miss player and in important moments she will miss

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
:lol::lol: