PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I am very very annoyed right now :ras: Tomas got 1 first serve in in the last 2 service games, and his 1st serve % in the last set was below 35. He was so bad at the end :o

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I am very very annoyed right now :ras: Tomas got 1 first serve in in the last 2 service games, and his 1st serve % in the last set was below 35. He was so bad at the end :o

Don`t be ,Tomas played well
I think he run out of gas in the end ...

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Don`t be ,Tomas played well
I think he run out of gas in the end ...

Tomorrow, I will be fine with it, that he made the semi and lost in 5 close sets. But right now, I am annoyed at how his game dropped off and his served sucked hard at the end :o It's too close after the match for me to be at all positive right now :lol:

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Tomorrow, I will be fine with it, that he made the semi and lost in 5 close sets. But right now, I am annoyed at how his game dropped off and his served sucked hard at the end :o It's too close after the match for me to be at all positive right now :lol:

Yeah it`s normal :lol:
Tbh i think Tomas improved a lot,he is more calm and focused now
I hope he continues to play well bc he is very talented but his head was always a big problem for him

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah it`s normal :lol:
Tbh i think Tomas improved a lot,he is more calm and focused now
I hope he continues to play well bc he is very talented but his head was always a big problem for him

Yeah, he said he worked hard on just being more patient and focused on every single point in his matches. Not just trying to blast a winner whenever he can, so he now has a really good mindset in his matches. It's nice to see him overcoming his headcase ways, but I'm still so annoyed right now at how close he was to a slam final :o

bruce goose
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, he said he worked hard on just being more patient and focused on every single point in his matches. Not just trying to blast a winner whenever he can, so he now has a really good mindset in his matches. It's nice to see him overcoming his headcase ways, but I'm still so annoyed right now at how close he was to a slam final :oSince I don't follow either of them that closely,I'll ask YOU....Do you think that they'll get married...and that Lucie might even quit the Tour for a while??

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Since I don't follow either of them that closely,I'll ask YOU....Do you think that they'll get married...and that Lucie might even quit the Tour for a while??

Yes, I am 100% sure they will get married, and no Lucie won't quit the tour. I also don't think they will get married for a while, because they said that :p They said they see it in their future, but not yet.

bruce goose
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Yes, I am 100% sure they will get married, and no Lucie won't quit the tour. I also don't think they will get married for a while, because they said that :p They said they see it in their future, but not yet.It's nice to see that they seem to have GENUINE respect for each other and their situations...and you have another fave,Miss Clijsters,who appears to have a similarly nice bond with her husband

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
It's nice to see that they seem to have GENUINE respect for each other and their situations...and you have another fave,Miss Clijsters,who appears to have a similarly nice bond with her husband

What can I say, I support nice, friendly, genuine people ;)

bruce goose
Jun 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM
What can I say, I support nice, friendly, genuine people ;)When Elena:hearts::angel: retires--which I think she will soon--then I'll need someone of similar high,personal caliber to fill in the huge gap somehow...and I think I'll choose Kim.Of course,if there are a lot of posters in Kim's forum who hate my guts from previous encounters...then I won't be able to hang around there so much:lol:

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
When Elena:hearts::angel: retires--which I think she will soon--then I'll need someone of similar high,personal caliber to fill in the huge gap somehow...and I think I'll choose Kim.Of course,if there are a lot of posters in Kim's forum who hate my guts from previous encounters...then I won't be able to hang around there so much:lol:

ahh, good choice ;) and of course that doesn't mean you can't support her. But besides, in Kims forum, everyone is pretty friendly I think.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Rafa x Soderling it is!

It can be a great final!

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Petkovic is hilarious.. look at her newest tweet:

Guys, off to Birmingham tomorrow. Grass is waiting impatiently for me to step on it and destroy it with my airy running style.

http://twitter.com/andreapetkovic/status/15432579181

:spit::lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Something tells me Robin will play out of his mind in the final and we will have a new champ!

Pops Maellard
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:08 AM
When Elena:hearts::angel: retires--which I think she will soon--then I'll need someone of similar high,personal caliber to fill in the huge gap somehow...and I think I'll choose Kim.Of course,if there are a lot of posters in Kim's forum who hate my guts from previous encounters...then I won't be able to hang around there so much:lol:
What about Masha? What you think of her? :p

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Woman's final in a couple of hours.. It will be interesting to see how they handle their nerves.. when was the last time a slam final was contested by two first timers?

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Woman's final in a couple of hours.. It will be interesting to see how they handle their nerves.. when was the last time a slam final was contested by two first timers?
myskina vs dementieva at french open?

Dexter
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Precisely. What a treat it was! :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
myskina vs dementieva at french open?

Wow.. precisely 6 years ago.. ugh, that was not a nice match.. :tape:

:spit: What a nerves fest.. The Dementieva implosion was not a nice thing to see... :help:

Pops Maellard
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:54 AM
FFS. :o

Anyway I don't care about this final at all. I'm not even gonna stay up and watch it.

Bring on Soderling VS Nadal, with hopefully Soderling winning. ;)

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
present! i have to cheer for schiavone because she's itaalian, but i'm really hoping stosur wins for the sake of the wta:lol: but i hope it will be competitive...

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:28 PM
So far neither seem too nervous.. lots of good serving from both.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
The match is a bit boring.. barely any rallies..

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
So far neither seem too nervous.. lots of good serving from both.

izzy!:wavey:

yeah they play a bit like men with all the spin... i think that's where the wta is going...

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:42 PM
The match is a bit boring.. barely any rallies..

that's stosur for ya:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:46 PM
OMG!

Schiavone will serve for the first set now..

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Stosur is really not playing well right now, she is not playing her normal game at all.

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
OMG!

Schiavone will serve for the first set now..

yes she is tight:eek: her A game is not working quite well and she doesn't really have a B game... so many italians in the stands:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Stosur is really not playing well right now, she is not playing her normal game at all.

Yes.. nerves are showing now.. some routine FHs and volleys she is missing now.. and the DF on BP? :tape:

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM

yes she is holding a lot, especially the FH, she needs to go for it...

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
First set to Schiavone..

Oh my..

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Stosur is slicing way too much this time, and not dominating at all with her forehand. Schiavone doesn't have the game to beat an on form Stosur, but she is NOT on form.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Stosur is slicing way too much this time, and not dominating at all with her forehand. Schiavone doesn't have the game to beat an on form Stosur, but she is NOT on form.

I can't believe someone who outnerved Serena is struggling so much with her own nerves right now.. she is not on top of her game..

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Stosur leading the second set 4-1*. Let's see how that goes..

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
schiavone looks tired now... if she has taken those 2 break points at 1-1...

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM
If there's any good that comes from this--for me,personally--it's that Schiavone's play gives me long-term hope....Don't be offended,Luca,but I don't consider Fran to be amazingly talented...not what you'd consider Slam champion caliber.She's certainly a GOOD player,yet not what anyone would expect in a Slam final...plus her record in finals is also quite awful.She has had a well-known penchant for choking....I just feel like,If Fran can do it,then cetainly Dinarik or Marion could do it someday if things went right for them in a draw

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Stosur leading the second set 4-1*. Let's see how that goes..

Not good.. just got broken.

What a hell crazy clay season.. MJMS wins Rome.. Rezai wins Madrid.. and then Schiavone wins RG???! Craziness..

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Stosur.. :help: I can't believe it's the same player who beat Henin, Serena and JJ. WTF?!

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Stosur has no brain, really no brain. She doesn't know how or when to change her tactics to win. Her heavy forehand into Schiavone's forehand is working, but the inside out forehand into the backhand is not working. Yet, she keeps doing it.

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Stosur has no brain, really no brain. She doesn't know how or when to change her tactics to win. Her heavy forehand into Schiavone's forehand is working, but the inside out forehand into the backhand is not working. Yet, she keeps doing it.

yes, she's a bit onedimensional... still she is not powering her FH as she used to, because it's going out...

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM

Yes.. she keeps going for the inside out when the one that is working is the DTL.

Still.. in her past 3 matches she was playing with so much more conviction.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Oh my.. Schiavone is winning this.. :eek:

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Schiavone the grand slam champion :rolleyes:

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship::wo rship::worship::worship:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Amazing play by Schiavone to win this match.

Sam was below level.. didn't serve well.. and too many UEs.

But Schiavone played with so much heart.. and so much creativity.. she was bringing it!

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Schiavone the grand slam champion :rolleyes:

Can you believe that? :spit:

Craziest clay season EVER! :lol:

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Can you believe that? :spit:

Craziest clay season EVER! :lol:

I mean, I really think it is a joke, no offence to Schiavone because she played a good match, but had Stosur played like she did earlier, she wins this match 6-4 6-2 or something. And she will never get a draw that easy in a slam again.

Jang87
Jun 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM
:lol:. Fran should thank Sam for kicking all the good players to the curve :lol:. Congrats to Fran though! Tactical perfection from her!

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I mean, I really think it is a joke, no offence to Schiavone because she played a good match, but had Stosur played like she did earlier, she wins this match 6-4 6-2 or something. And she will never get a draw that easy in a slam again.

Yes.. her serve, forehand and volleys weren't there.

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I mean, I really think it is a joke, no offence to Schiavone because she played a good match, but had Stosur played like she did earlier, she wins this match 6-4 6-2 or something. And she will never get a draw that easy in a slam again.Yeah,I've liked Stosur,a little bit,for a while,so I have a small amount of sympathy for her...but not TOO much....She had her chances at a Slam and just didn't bring it.I seriously doubt that Fran expected to win RG going in...maybe only at the very end,when she reached the semis,did she start to believe.I've never been too drawn to Fran b/c,tbh,she's not what you'd call 'easy on the eyes' and most interviews are in English...and hers is awful(though she speaks Spanish well like many Italian players,I think).PLUS she has a history as a choker,too,so that wasn't too inspiring.Still,stories like these are part of what make sports thrilling,and I smiled seeing Fran's genuine ecstasy as she celebrated......There is vERY rarely any such human interest in the ATP(which dominant player will win?....YAWN!:rolleyes:).I'm sure that Fran,Luca and most of Italy will be celebrating for a while;)

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Yes.. her serve, forehand and volleys weren't there.

The biggest thing missing was her head :lol: And way too many slice backhands, and she slipped about 10 times because her footwork was bad. You could see when they walked out she looked the most nervous and uptight, so I had a feeling it would not go well for her then.

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Fran :worship::worship::worship:
Where did Sam disappear btw ? You beat Serena,Justine,JJ... and decide not to show up in a final :rolleyes:
Fran played great ,she fought hard and with heart :worship:

Really well done to Fran ,played the best when it mattered and that is all that counts :worship::worship:
She can also thank Sam for beating all the good players :lol::lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
i think dementieva, petrova and wozniacki are stabbing themselves in dark dungeons right now:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Fran's win at 29 shows there is hope for everyone.. :lol:

She played with so much heart.. the commentator here said she went on court to win it, while Stosur went on court to try.. big difference.

Fran's speech was sweet though.. :lol: Mary Pierce told her: "I'm SO happy for you.. I love you!" :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Fran :worship::worship::worship:
Where did Sam disappear btw ? You beat Serena,Justine,JJ... and decide not to show up in a final :rolleyes:
Fran played great ,she fought hard and with heart :worship:

Really well done to Fran ,played the best when it mattered and that is all that counts :worship::worship:
She can also thank Sam for beating all the good players :lol::lol:

Hey Jelena!

Yeah.. how can you outnerve Serena 8-6 in the third and then disappear in the final? :spit:

Anyway.. Schiavone believed.. and it made the difference.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:19 PM
i think dementieva, petrova and wozniacki are stabbing themselves in dark dungeons right now:lol:

Especially Dementieva.. if she was healthy she would be lifting the trophy.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
The biggest thing missing was her head :lol: And way too many slice backhands, and she slipped about 10 times because her footwork was bad. You could see when they walked out she looked the most nervous and uptight, so I had a feeling it would not go well for her then.

Yeah.. I thought she had the nervous face when she showed up on the tunnel. But after she had a couple of good service games I thought she was fine.. nerves showed when it got to crunch time.

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
i had a feeling schiavone would win, like i had a feeling ana would have a good run after stuttgart... i think i'm psychic:tape::lol:

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
we are having the first really sunny days of the year and i didn't and won't stay at home to watch any tennis (i'm heading out again in a couple of minutes), but nobody could have predicted a clay season like this, really :lol:

and really, i don't wanna know how dementieva must feel now :o

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Jelena!

Yeah.. how can you outnerve Serena 8-6 in the third and then disappear in the final? :spit:

Anyway.. Schiavone believed.. and it made the difference.

Hey Izzy
That`s the most important thing
I mean who cares about the draw and everything ,what matters is that she was the best when it counts :worship:
Sam can blame herself ,same story as Safina last year :rolleyes: When you have a chance take it bc who knows if there will be next time
I bet Fran will start to get a lot of haters in GM :lol::lol:
Her speech was sweet :angel:

Davodus
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I wonder if Schiavone will start to slump now...you know, the RG curse :lol:

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I wonder if Schiavone will start to slump now...you know, the RG curse :lol:

Good question :lol: :lol:

InsideOut.
Jun 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Schiavone a GS champion :spit:

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Schiavone a GS champion :spit:

:lol:
Who dares wins :worship:

spiritedenergy
Jun 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Who dares wins :worship:

:worship:

at least we have hopes for ana, she could win her 2nd slam at 30:lol::tape::help:

Curtos07
Jun 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM
The WTA....where crazy happens. :lol:

Congrats to Fran though. I was pulling for Stosur.

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Who dares wins :worship:Amen to THAT!The Indianapolis Colts were 14-0 this past season with only 2 games remaining in the regular season;they had a shot at the first perfect season in the modern era(with the expanded schedule).The PLAYERS wanted to go for the record,but the coaches and management were a bunch of chickenshit cowards...and they pulled the top players in the last two games for fear of injury:rolleyes:.The head coach's cowardly,play-it-safe approach came back to bite him in the Super Bowl when the New Orleans Saints exploited that strategy....I was thrilled to see that:devil:....So,even though I want Caro to diversify her game and become a mainstay in the WTA with a more exciting style of play,I can relate to why so many of you don't like pushers...and don't respect gutless players.From what people describe,Stosur had that same frozen,fearful look--while exiting the tunnel--that Dinara had LAST year.If Dinarik ever makes another final,let's hope that she can win or lose based on her ABILITY:o

Curtos07
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:10 PM
^That is not the reason why the Colts lost the Super Bowl, Bruce. :lol: If they had lost in the divisional game or AFC Championship game, I could buy it, but not in the Super Bowl. :p And I say that as a Colts fan who was pissed at the decision of not going for the win. Anyways, off topic. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
^That is not the reason why the Colts lost the Super Bowl, Bruce. :lol: If they had lost in the divisional game or AFC Championship game, I could buy it, but not in the Super Bowl. :p And I say that as a Colts fan who was pissed at the decision of not going for the win. Anyways, off topic. :lol:You're missing my point,Curtis....I'm talking about Caldwell's overly-conservative attitude which was seen in his rejection of history and,more importantly,with his weak approach in the SB.Playing a Cover 2 defense might work against plodding teams such as the Ravens and Jets who have young QBs,but it's just plain STUPID vs. a guy like Drew Brees who reads defenses excellently and picks zones apart.Caldwell should have KNOWN that as a former def. co-ordinator,and he refused to blitz in the 2nd Half even though getting pressure on Brees was his ONLY hope of stopping him.Also,on offense,it was cowardly to sit on the ball at the end of the first half...and they only gave the Saints more momentum by allowing them time to score again before halftime...not to mention the rinky-dink,5-yards-at-a-time playcalling on offense that played RIGHT INTO the hands of the Saints bend-but-don't-break defense.How many drives stalled w/o points when the Colts held the ball for 5-plus minutes and had nothing to show for it??

Don't get me wrong,I actually like Manning and several other Colts;my beef is with chickenshit Polian and Caldwell who let fear of losing dictate their strategy...instead of playing to win...and I don't apologize for being slightly off-topic b/c all the Aussies & Kiwis are in bed...and the Europeans are at the clubs on Saturday night...we're all alone here:lol:

Curtos07
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM
^I agree on that. You would never see that out of a Bill Belichick coached team. That's the main reason why the Colts are the Atlanta Braves of football and only have one championship despite all the regular season success the past decade. Tony Dungy was very similar, and as great of a coach he was, he failed at the most important times in the playoffs with his conservative approach.

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM
^I agree on that. You would never see that out of a Bill Belichick coached team. That's the main reason why the Colts are the Atlanta Braves of football and only have one championship despite all the regular season success the past decade. Tony Dungy was very similar, and as great of a coach he was, he failed at the most important times in the playoffs with his conservative approach.Yeah,I agree for the most part;Dungy was a VERY solid,technical coach who often played it safe and didn't do enough to fire his guys up psychologically...but I think he accounted for that right before he retired--during the championship season--by encouraging certain players and coaches to serve as his 'drill sergeants'.The 2006 team was unusually energetic and hyped-up compared to most Colts teams from the past...and it was that stronger resolve...along with the safety's return from injury(I forget his name right now:o)that helped them come back vs. the Pats in the AFC title game.Once they overcame THAT obstacle,the Bears were just not a real threat to them

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Ana and baby Ana both in Belgrade :lol::hearts::lol:

Ana invited Sorana to spent a few days in Belgrade and to visit it bc they are good friend :lol:
According to Ana weather is not helping them :lol:

She says she also has been practicing here ...

You can see Ana from 24 min ,mms://beotelmedia.beotel.net/subotand
Thanks bokash ;)

Curtos07
Jun 5th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Ana and baby Ana both in Belgrade :lol::hearts::lol:

Ana invited Sorana to spent a few days in Belgrade and to visit it bc they are good friend :lol:
According to Ana weather is not helping them :lol:

She says she also has been practicing here ...

You can see Ana from 24 min ,mms://beotelmedia.beotel.net/subotand
Thanks bokash ;)

I love how Ana is best friends with all my other favorite players. :hearts: :hug: The idea of Baby E and baby Bay E hanging out together melts my heart. :lol:

mure
Jun 5th, 2010, 09:33 PM
thank you Jelena,i love all those bracelets on Ana's hand,the black nail(:hearts:)and the make up,the whole image reminds me of the infamous "Emo-Ana" photoshoot..

And a random thought,shouldn't the two good grass tournaments be held this week?So that top players get a week of rest before Wimbledon?

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 09:37 PM
That's like a ridiculous Beauty Overload:hearts::hearts: to have Ana and Sorana side by side...I think the beauty power grid is gonna shut down with such a heavy electrical current running through it:lol:

jelenacg
Jun 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM
thank you Jelena,i love all those bracelets on Ana's hand,the black nail(:hearts:)and the make up,the whole image reminds me of the infamous "Emo-Ana" photoshoot..

And a random thought,shouldn't the two good grass tournaments be held this week?So that top players get a week of rest before Wimbledon?

Yes it`s stupid imo.It`s always better to have a week off before GS

I also liked her style in that video :hearts:

bruce goose
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Yes it`s stupid imo.It`s always better to have a week off before GS

I also liked her style in that video :hearts:Jelena,you reacted with laughter to a similar theme previously,so I'll give you a slightly different angle this time;).Tiger Woods is starting to find his way back to form,but a certain 3rd-rate 'dush'bag--the Vera Dushevina of the PGA Tour,in fact--followed up his rare,fluke victory by going 3 over par....FOURTEEN shots off the lead...tied for FORTY-NINTH place.To paraphrase a famous 'putter-shiner',"Ana Ivanovic would NOT be impressed":p

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Weird tournament...

Looks like Chokestur showed up for the final. :o What annoys me is that Elena would've won the title had she not been injured. :o

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I'm surprised that I'm not so disappointed, I mean, Fran really won me over today with that performance and her joy at winning. I had a feeling Sam wouldn't have the nerve to take it, but Francesca believed and put her absolute 100% into the match and it paid off. How can you be bitter about that? Well done to Francesca and congratulations to the Italian fans, as heartbreaking as it was for us Aussies, it was really nice to see Francesca's reaction :)

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Now all that has to happen now is Soderling to win. :rocker:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Super excited for the mens final! Don't care who wins as long as it's a 5 setter!

Oh and I need a new username guys? Remember I said I'd change it if Ana had a shit RG? Any suggestions? :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
How about

AnaAdam'sTrophyWife.

:shrug:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
How about

AnaAdam'sTrophyWife.

:shrug:

LOL! That is fantastic, but knowing my luck they will break up straight away if I did that.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Super excited for the mens final! Don't care who wins as long as it's a 5 setter!

Oh and I need a new username guys? Remember I said I'd change it if Ana had a shit RG? Any suggestions? :lol:

I'm pumped for the mens final too!

I have no idea about the username.. do you want to be hopeful or disappointed? Look ahead or nostalgic?

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM
LOL! That is fantastic, but knowing my luck they will break up straight away if I did that.

:lol::spit:

I would say.. then do it! :lol::lol::lol: But that's too mean.. :lol:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm pumped for the mens final too!

I have no idea about the username.. do you want to be hopeful or disappointed? Look ahead or nostalgic?

I was thinking, since a positive/hopeful username clearly didn't work, a disappointed one was in order :lol:

Who are you rooting for Izzy?

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
:lol::spit:

I would say.. then do it! :lol::lol::lol: But that's too mean.. :lol:

I suspect that Bruce would also encourage me to do it haha.

How about just TrophyWifeAna. FlameOn?

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
That would be a GOOD thing!

Anyway yeah OK TrophyWifeAna is good. ;)

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I was thinking, since a positive/hopeful username clearly didn't work, a disappointed one was in order :lol:

So.. I'm not very creative.. maybe Ana Suckovic? :spit: Ana RIPovic? :lol: Ana 1stRoundovic? :spit:

No no.. all those are awful.. I'm so bad at this.. :lol:

Who are you rooting for Izzy?

I guess for Rafa.. but I really want Soderling to bring it.. to play awesome.. and for it to be a thrilling 5 setter.

I was reading around people saying yesterday's woman's final was the best in the last few years.. And I was utterly bored for most of it.. except for maybe the very end and the tie break. There were barely any exciting rallies.. and I wasn't feeling the emotion. So I'm hoping the men's final is an epic.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I suspect that Bruce would also encourage me to do it haha.

How about just TrophyWifeAna. FlameOn?

That one is cool! :yeah:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM

So.. I'm not very creative.. maybe Ana Suckovic? :spit: Ana RIPovic? :lol: Ana 1stRoundovic? :spit:

No no.. all those are awful.. I'm so bad at this.. :lol:

I guess for Rafa.. but I really want Soderling to bring it.. to play awesome.. and for it to be a thrilling 5 setter.

I was reading around people saying yesterday's woman's final was the best in the last few years.. And I was utterly bored for most of it.. except for maybe the very end and the tie break. There were barely any exciting rallies.. and I wasn't feeling the emotion. So I'm hoping the men's final is an epic.

The bolded part :worship:. I want to see them compete like their life depends on it :lol:

I only saw the last game and the tiebreak cause I was at a party, but I reckon it was good for a two set final. I really LOVE Fran's competitiveness. Here I go again with the competitive stuff :lol: I'm really into that atm, nothing better than either you yourself or watching someone else compete like you've/they've got nothing to lose :)

Yeah, Aaron I'm gonna use that one :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
The bolded part :worship:. I want to see them compete like their life depends on it :lol:

I only saw the last game and the tiebreak cause I was at a party, but I reckon it was good for a two set final. I really LOVE Fran's competitiveness. Here I go again with the competitive stuff :lol: I'm really into that atm, nothing better than either you yourself or watching someone else compete like you've/they've got nothing to lose :)

Then you watched the good part.. The last few games and the tie break were very nice. It was cool to see Schiavone putting so much heart into the match.. that's something that's lacking nowadays I think.. and she played out of her skin in the tie break. But the rest of the match did nothing for me.

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Then you watched the good part.. The last few games and the tie break were very nice. It was cool to see Schiavone putting so much heart into the match.. that's something that's lacking nowadays I think.. and she played out of her skin in the tie break. But the rest of the match did nothing for me.

Fair enough, I trust your assessment over those in TF :p

Doesn't make me feel better for missing it though, the party was boring! :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Not only do I hope Soderling wins because I'm a fan, but the men's game needs more champions.

Murray hasn't stepped up, Djokovic is going through a similar crisis of confidence to Ana (only on a smaller scale), and Del Potro will miss all the slams this year with injury.

People complain that the ATP is only about 2 players, and Soderling could really help dispel that myth. ;)

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Fair enough, I trust your assessment over those in TF :p

Doesn't make me feel better for missing it though, the party was boring! :lol:

I was just not feeling compelled by Stosur's missed volleys and forehands.. :spit:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM

I was just not feeling compelled by Stosur's missed volleys and forehands.. :spit:

Yeah, in hindsight it was a disaster waiting to happen. I don't blame her for being nervous, at least she kep't it relatively close I guess.

@ Aaron: I think it would be great for the mens game if Robin won, for the reasons you stated but also because Rafa-Robin is potentially a great rivalry too.

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I really shouldn't be staying up to watch the final. It's at 1am (half an hour), and I'm tired as it is. :o

But I can't not watch. :lol:

The 2nd Law
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I really shouldn't be staying up to watch the final. It's at 1am (half an hour), and I'm tired as it is. :o

But I can't not watch. :lol:

So it's 12.30 over in NZ?

And stay up to watch it, you will regret missing it tomorrow, especially if Robin wins!

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
So it's 12.30 over in NZ?

And stay up to watch it, you will regret missing it tomorrow, especially if Robin wins!
Yeah, knowing me I'll find out the result before watching and spoil it if I don't watch it live. :p

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sick of waiting for the final to start :yawn: lets just get going already :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sick of waiting for the final to start :yawn: lets just get going already :lol:
Who you rooting for? :p

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Who you rooting for? :p

Despite the fact that he beat Tomas, it's Soderling for me...

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Despite the fact that he beat Tomas, it's Soderling for me...
Excellent. :dance:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Some dumb play from Sod to get broken.. :spit:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Nadal's so annoying. The refs never warn him for taking too long. :o

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
They usually warn him once per match, so it doesn't make any difference :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Soderling is being so dumb.. :spit: How he missed all those BPs chances.. :lol: Is he allergic to the net? :spit:

Rafa is in human wall mode today.

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Robin's so useless. :o 0/7 in BPs.

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Soderling is being so dumb.. :spit: How he missed all those BPs chances.. :lol: Is he allergic to the net? :spit:

Rafa is in human wall mode today.

Yes :lol:
Rafa is playing well Robin not so much ,especially on BPs :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Rafa is playing well Robin not so much ,especially on BPs :lol:

And Sod gets broken.. he is very erractic right now.. especially at the important moments.

Rafa is playing great.. I think this will be a straight sets route.

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Soderling is just not playing as aggressively as he has the last few matches, or like he did last year against Nadal...his forehand doesn't seem as big today for some reason...But Nadal is getting to everything, which must be frustrating as hell.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Soderling is just not playing as aggressively as he has the last few matches, or like he did last year against Nadal...his forehand doesn't seem as big today for some reason...But Nadal is getting to everything, which must be frustrating as hell.

Soderling is missing his shots at the key moments, when he needs to get them right. We also have to consider Rafa is playing better than last year.. his shots are a lot deeper, less attackable.

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
And Sod gets broken.. he is very erractic right now.. especially at the important moments.

Rafa is playing great.. I think this will be a straight sets route.

Me too
Robin was eratic in first set but in second set Rafa made him overhit
It`s so hard not to say impossible to play against Rafa when he is in this mode

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
LOL! That is fantastic, but knowing my luck they will break up straight away if I did that.If you could cause THAT break-up,you'd be a hero to all of Anapolis forever.....Honestly,though,you should change it from 'Trophy WIFE'...which she technically is NOT...to 'Trophy Gf'...since that slimy piece of crap has openly declared his opposition to marriage that would limit his freedom for sexual escapades.Besides,'Trophy Gf' is more flexible and will be applicable when Ana chooses poorly again in the future...and becomes someone ELSE's trophy...with the same negative,harmful results:o

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Poor Soderling. Losing two slam finals is never nice (let's face it he's not going to win now). Welcome to Dementieva and Dinara's world Robin. :sad:

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Soderling is missing his shots at the key moments, when he needs to get them right. We also have to consider Rafa is playing better than last year.. his shots are a lot deeper, less attackable.

That's true, but on quite a few break points Söderling has got a short ball, like on his backhand, and missed it long. It's a lot easier to make those shots against Rafa in a 4th round, than it is in a final :lol: But Rafa is a total brick wall today...and that is causing a shitload of errors from Robin.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:51 PM
That's true, but on quite a few break points Söderling has got a short ball, like on his backhand, and missed it long. It's a lot easier to make those shots against Rafa in a 4th round, than it is in a final :lol: But Rafa is a total brick wall today...and that is causing a shitload of errors from Robin.

Yeah.. Sod played dumb on many of the BPs.. either chosing the wrong side or plain hitting it long/at the net. Besides.. he would hit a great shot and instead of going to the net to finish it off, he would stay in the middle of the court.. the so called no mans land. Rafa was moonballing some of his defense shots.. if Sod had came in, he would most definitely made at least one winning volley and taken a BP.

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah.. Sod played dumb on many of the BPs.. either chosing the wrong side or plain hitting it long/at the net. Besides.. he would hit a great shot and instead of going to the net to finish it off, he would stay in the middle of the court.. the so called no mans land. Rafa was moonballing some of his defense shots.. if Sod had came in, he would most definitely made at least one winning volley and taken a BP.

yeah I kept shouting at him "come to the f#%king net!" :lol: He does himself no favours by standing back waiting for Nadals defensive moonballs.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I think Sod just gave up. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Sod went to the net! Miracle! :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Sod.. :spit:

0/8 BPs.

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Rafa is so good on clay it`s not normal :lol::hearts:
I think it`s even scary to think that some day we`ll see a player that is better than Rafa on clay .It`s just impossible...

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Me too
Robin was eratic in first set but in second set Rafa made him overhit
It`s so hard not to say impossible to play against Rafa when he is in this modeJelena,I'm gonna congratulate you right now cuz the match is over,IMO.He doesn't annoy me NEARLY as much as she used to(though he MIGHT make a comeback there),and I know so many Nadal fans who are genuine ace individuals that I can be happy for THEM...despite questioning their taste somewhat:lol:

Our announcers are pathetic putter-shiners;they worship Nadal even though he's probably like most Spaniards who mock Mexicans & Mexico as if we were still servants to that feeble,non-existent military power.Our commentators drool over Rafa as if they were horny Mexican Catholic girls who go club-hopping on Friday and Saturday nights...and then have to sneak off to some clinic in Distrito Federal to cover their 'indiscretions'...and attend Misa on Sunday as if nothing ever happened:rolleyes:.Last year,they replayed the AO final about 8 billion times,and they do that with ALL his titles no matter how boring the match was...his losses might get replayed ONCE,if that.It was a SUCH a nice reprieve last year;he loaded up on meds in December 2008 to handle any potential 5-setters in the AO...but THEN,once his meds wore off,he became an ordinary mere mortal...even on clay....No infinite reruns of Nadal matches on ESPN Deportes.

Still,he has proven his greatness on clay,so that legitimizes his previous titles that were won when he was jacked up...sorta like Henin's early,decisive loss this year legitimizes Ana's 2008 RG,IMO.Now,if he can win on any surface besides clay(unlikely),I'll give you a big-time :worship::worship::worship:...and I might even send Rafa a gift of admiration:hatoff:...maybe a color-by-numbers coloring book for him to 'read' during rain delays:lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Rafa is so good on clay it`s not normal :lol::hearts:
I think it`s even scary to think that some day we`ll see a player that is better than Rafa on clay .It`s just impossible...
Yeah he really is. I'm mad Soderling's losing but :hatoff: to Nadal. All the clay TMS events + the French Open in a row is simply amazing.

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Jelena,I'm gonna congratulate you right now cuz the match is over,IMO.He doesn't annoy me NEARLY as much as she used to(though he MIGHT make a comeback there),and I know so many Nadal fans who are genuine ace individuals that I can be happy for THEM...despite questioning their taste somewhat:lol:

Our announcers are pathetic putter-shiners;they worship Nadal even though he's probably like most Spaniards who mock Mexicans & Mexico as if we were still servants to that feeble,non-existent military power.Our commentators drool over Rafa as if they were horny Mexican Catholic girls who go club-hopping on Friday and Saturday nights...and then have to sneak off to some clinic in Distrito Federal to cover their 'indiscretions'...and attend Misa on Sunday as if nothing ever happened:rolleyes:.Last year,they replayed the AO final about 8 billion times,and they do that with ALL his titles no matter how boring the match was...his losses might get replayed ONCE,if that.It was a SUCH a nice reprieve last year;he loaded up on meds in December 2008 to handle any potential 5-setters in the AO...but THEN,once his meds wore off,he became an ordinary mere mortal...even on clay....No infinite reruns of Nadal matches on ESPN Deportes.

Still,he has proven his greatness on clay,so that legitimizes his previous titles that were won when he was jacked up...sorta like Henin's early,decisive loss this year legitimizes Ana's 2008 RG,IMO.Now,if he can win on any surface besides clay(unlikely),I'll give you a big-time :worship::worship::worship:...and I might even send Rafa a gift of admiration:hatoff:...maybe a color-by-numbers coloring book for him to 'read' during rain delays:lol:
December '08 meds huh? Well, Verdasco probably looked less tired than Nadal after the AO '09 semi, without meds. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Nadal's footspeed is amazing. I wonder how fast he can run 100 meters. :p

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
December '08 meds huh? Well, Verdasco probably looked less tired than Nadal after the AO '09 semi, without meds. :lol:That only proves that Nadal's stamina isn't all that great...not like he looked when his jacked-up version was running around for 5-setters and still looking fresh in the fifth.Besides,YOU'VE seen the pics;Nadal got those bicep and pec muscles more from the NEEDLE,not so much from the gym

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Jelena,I'm gonna congratulate you right now

Still,he has proven his greatness on clay,

I was right you were wrong :p
That`s all that matters ...

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Nadal's footspeed is amazing. I wonder how fast he can run 100 meters. :p

Probably not that fast, he is good on a tennis court with his speed, but I doubt he has a super fast flat 100m run. They are totally different types of running I think.

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Probably not that fast, he is good on a tennis court with his speed, but I doubt he has a super fast flat 100m run. They are totally different types of running I think.
Probably. I still think he'd be good though, for a non-professional runner.

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I was right you were wrong :p
That`s all that matters ...Actually,you're suffering from dELIBERATE amnesia;).You promised in early January that he'd defend his AO title...but that didn't work out too well,did it??;)(Skinny Rafa only wins on CLAY)....Later,when you warned me,"Watch what happens when clay season starts," aye ADMITTED that he could still win on clay cuz I saw how he excelled at DC last year even while he was a punching bag on every non-clay surface...and I told you that he could hide his weaknesses on clay.....So YOU are wrong:p in terms of faulty recollection of the facts.I'll backtrack and find you the post if you're gonna accuse me of lying:angel:...but if you do THAT,then you'll owe me a HUGE apology once I dig it up:)

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Rafa :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
What a great champion :hug:
Toni :lol:
Wilander saying Robin would win :ras:

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Wilander saying Robin would win :ras:Kiss of death,right?:lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Toni :lol:
Hey don't be arrogant now. :p

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Rafa! :worship:

He puts so much heart and so much desire into each point.. that's really great to see! That wins him matches and wins him tournaments.. that's what brought the title to Schiavone yesterday and that's what won Rafa the title today. :worship: No matter what, if you put your heart into it, you are more than likely to get what you want in return.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Poor Soderling. Losing two slam finals is never nice (let's face it he's not going to win now). Welcome to Dementieva and Dinara's world Robin. :sad:

Ana also lost her first two finals.. won the third. Kim went on to win her 5th final. There is always hope.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Bring on Wimbledon!

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Ana also lost her first two finals.. won the third. Kim went on to win her 5th final. There is always hope.. :shrug:
I know. :p Yeah, poor Kim. Was such a nutcase in slam finals. :o

Anyway I hope if Soderling can make two slam finals Verdasco can. You were right about him, he hasn't played a match near his AO '09 level by far, yet he's still 5 points off #4 in the race and 5-2 VS the Top 10 this year.

I agree, bring on Wimbledon. :rocker:

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Aaron,this is not a personal attack b/c it has no bearing on character whatsoever.......but you really have a crappy record with sports predictions:lol:.I'd be so happy if you said,'Mexico will play horribly in the WC and won't win a single match'....only say it if you BELIEVE it,though,otherwise it'll carry no weight;)

Davodus
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm so ready for grass and Wimbledon now :lol: Happy for the majority of clay to be over for the season now.

jelenacg
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Kiss of death,right?:lol:

Hey don't be arrogant now. :p

Nothing against Robin but i can`t stand Mats :o

Once again Rafa :worship::worship:
New #1 ,22 matches unbeatenand ,won all the big clay court titles for the first time ever :worship::worship:
Cute speeches from both :hearts:

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Aaron,this is not a personal attack b/c it has no bearing on character whatsoever.......but you really have a crappy record with sports predictions:lol:.I'd be so happy if you said,'Mexico will play horribly in the WC and won't win a single match'....only say it if you BELIEVE it,though,otherwise it'll carry no weight;)
What did I predict? :p

I said I hope Verdasco can reach a slam final, not that he will. :p

Although I did actually think Sodering would win this match I suppose. :o

Jang87
Jun 6th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I am so over clay now :lol:. I want grass season to begin :D. Congrats to Rafa for winning RG a 5th time! Truly amazing even though I kinda wanted Robin to win. Rafa is like a wall, you can't hit through him :lol:.

Mats Wilander is such a jinxer! He said Sam would win, did she? No. He said Robin would win, did he? No. So stop predicting Mats! :lol:.

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Nothing against Robin but i can`t stand Mats :o
You're being diplomatic there;Soderling seems like a jackass,tbh,which is one thing that few other players would say about Nadal.Aside from his bending the rules with the long delays,he appears to treat other players respectfully,and they almost always speak well of HIM.....Still,I would've liked him more if he had laughed at Federer following the tearfest at AO 09;I think he WANTED to,judging by the look on his face...but he held it in:p

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
What did I predict? :p

Although I did actually think Sodering would win this match I suppose. :oYeah,you predicted Elena and Robin winning RG.Like I said,it's no reflection on character,but I'd be happier if you predicted complete failure for Mexico at the WC(again,only if you believed that).I really can't stand men's soccer too much but,hey,it's part of our culture,so I have to join that party....We've been kicking the americans' asses in recent warm-ups;as long as we don't suffer the humiliation of losing to THOSE no-talent frauds again,then it won't be a total embarrassment.......Revise,american goalies are usually pretty darned good b/c they face a TON of shots on goal thanks to their team's chickenshit,umimaginative,zero creativity,play-it-safe,style of play

Pops Maellard
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
:lol: To be fair most people wouldn't have predicted Fran to win RG at the start of the tournament.

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
:lol: To be fair most people wouldn't have predicted Fran to win RG at the start of the tournament.Yeah,including Fran herself...she'd only won three titles in her career,only ONE premier level...and tHAT came with an asterisk b/c all the top players withdrew from Moscow to rest up for YEC.Judging by her reactions,she was in a dreamlike state,not even believing until she got past Caro to reach the SFs.Once you get THAT far,you might as well keep dreaming...even if you are Nastasha "Double Bagel" Zvereva

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
She could've broken his resistance back in 2008,and he would've kicked 'Xisca' to the curb...but sweet Ana lacks the poise to be a seductress...she should've called up Kournikova to get some pointers or something:lol:.She started out with the King of clay...then she slipped a bit with Verdasco...a choker,but not 100% of the time,at least reasonably talented...and her current "champion" is EIGHTEEN shots off the lead,in sole possession of FIFTY-EIGHTH place...you're getting better and better,Ana:worship:....Who's your NEXT pillar of success?The goalie on the Mexican ice hockey team??.....Oops,I forgot;he can read more than just picture books...he's too 'brainy' by Ana's bf standards

gloria7
Jun 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Something is going on with him, Bruce.Seems he have got a hair cut,he was in Australia for two weeks but "he didn't feel like surfing"...ok...and you can't hear Kings of Leon on his official website anymore..There is a new sad love song - The Raconteurs "You don't understand me".
So...2+2=4...or...2+2=5?

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Something is going on with him, Bruce.Seems he have got a hair cut,he was in Australia for two weeks but "he didn't feel like surfing"...ok...and you can't hear Kings of Leon on his official website anymore..There is a new sad love song - The Raconteurs "You don't understand me".
So...2+2=4...or...2+2=5?I just hope that Ana doesn't snort coke with him when she's depressed...or to heighten their sexual arousal(as some people do).HE apparently doesn't get drug-tested in his 'sport',so he has nothing to lose...whereas Ana would get a one-year suspension that could be a death-blow to her career:eek:.Don't get me wrong;Ana's not some addict otherwise we would've seen her lose weight noticeably,but powder cocaine isn't as addictive as the synthetic type,so it's possible for SOME people to use it recreationally w/o getting addicted....It's VERY popular with surfers and Hollywood types...like Kate Hudson,for example:rolleyes:

azdaja
Jun 6th, 2010, 06:01 PM
well, i told ya nadal would win ;) and that was not so difficult to predict :yawn: you can't expect anyone to beat nadal at his grand slam 2 years in a row.

gloria7
Jun 6th, 2010, 06:23 PM
It's interesting how girls get 2 years WADA ban for using cocaine(Hingis,Karatancheva)and guys just 2 or 3 months(Wilander,Gasquet,Chela,Volandri...)Rusedski and Paszek were cleared of doping offence and Agassi avoided suspension in 1997 by claiming that he took the drug "accidently".But the list of baned tennis players is so impresive:Beck,Bogomolov Jr,Canas,Coria,Dupuis,Hood,Korda,Novacek,Dominguez Lino,Puerta.
Sad thing is that "tennis experts" like Reed,Kronin,Bodo,Jenkins and others don't dare to write about this problem...they might lose their jobs.Instead of that we gonna hear all about Ana's slump,"fistgate",Dinara being a headcase,Novak's asthma problem,or who has sexiest wife and gf on the tour.

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah,the guys are "the stars":rolleyes:;never mind that the WS and Sharapova and Ana are FAR more popular than any male player,worldwide.In reference to your earlier post,I don't dare to dream that Ana would have such a moment of lucidity that she kicked that loser to the trash heap like the Swedish gal wisely did once she grew up.Honestly,if Ana did THAT,then I'd be SOOOOO pleasantly surprised that I'd become a Nadal fan:unsure::unsure:...but ONLY for the rest of 2010...and ONLY if Ana didn't replace the Tumor with someone WORSE...for example,one of the Virgin Golovin's legion of ex- or current bfs:o

Curtos07
Jun 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
This years French Open was so :yawn: I'm looking forward to grass like never before. Ajde!

bruce goose
Jun 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
This years French Open was so :yawn: I'm looking forward to grass like never before. Ajde!Now that you mention it,is there ANY other sport in the world that's played on clay?Imagine football,basketball,hockey or track and field:eek:.What a colossally stupid surface it is...good for nothing except pottery,really.What's next?PLASTIC courts??Maybe PLEXIGLASS??Hell,while we're at it,why don't we try ALUMINUM courts.Of course,we'll have to save THOSE for less-sunny climates:rolleyes:

Curtos07
Jun 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Now that you mention it,is there ANY other sport in the world that's played on clay?Imagine football,basketball,hockey or track and field:eek:.What a colossally stupid surface it is...good for nothing except pottery,really.What's next?PLASTIC courts??Maybe PLEXIGLASS??Hell,while we're at it,why don't we try ALUMINUM courts.Of course,we'll have to save THOSE for less-sunny climates:rolleyes:

The infield in baseball is played on dirt. :lol: But I am no fan of clay court tennis fan.

Pops Maellard
Jun 7th, 2010, 12:16 AM
The only thing good about clay is that Ana once won on it. :sobbing:

The 2nd Law
Jun 7th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I love clay :p

Good job Rafa, I'm shocked that no one seems to be making a big deal about Rafa regaining number 1, since it was soooooo huge when Fed did it. Isn't Lendl the only other guy to have done this?

bruce goose
Jun 7th, 2010, 02:49 AM
I love clay :p

Good job Rafa, I'm shocked that no one seems to be making a big deal about Rafa regaining number 1, since it was soooooo huge when Fed did it. Isn't Lendl the only other guy to have done this?Yeah,you love Adam,too...and he's one of the few things that suck worse than clay does.He's kinda lucky if he never goes to prison due to a case of mistaken identity;in less than ONE WEEK,he'd become the cellblock bitch to one of the stronger fellows...and then HE'D learn firsthand how demeaning it was to be a trophy gf.Then again,he MIGHT enjoy wearing a dress and being some hardened criminal's 'sheila'...it could be the start of a whole new life for him;)

The 2nd Law
Jun 7th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah,you love Adam,too...and he's one of the few things that suck worse than clay does.He's kinda lucky if he never goes to prison due to a case of mistaken identity;in less than ONE WEEK,he'd become the cellblock bitch to one of the stronger fellows...and then HE'D learn firsthand how demeaning it was to be a trophy gf.Then again,he MIGHT enjoy wearing a dress and being some hardened criminal's 'sheila'...it could be the start of a whole new life for him;)

LOL, I don't love Adam!? I implore you to find a post of mine where I've said I even like him, because I'm sure I havn't. What gave you that impression? :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 7th, 2010, 03:01 AM
LOL, I don't love Adam!? I implore you to find a post of mine where I've said I even like him, because I'm sure I havn't. What gave you that impression? :lol:I apologize:worship:.I saw your 'Director of WAGs' sig and,combined with your Aussie flag(or is that a Kiwi banner?:confused:),I assumed that you were one of his apologists.....but,hey,despite my false assumption,I didn't call you any dirty names....so that means I'm getting better...right?:unsure:.Honestly,though,I didn't mean to offend you at all,Justin...and I actually don't hate clay so much(after all....RG 2008:cool:)...just don't like some of the people who DO WELL on clay;)

The 2nd Law
Jun 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I apologize:worship:.I saw your 'Director of WAGs' sig and,combined with your Aussie flag(or is that a Kiwi banner?:confused:),I assumed that you were one of his apologists.....but,hey,despite my false assumption,I didn't call you any dirty names....so that means I'm getting better...right?:unsure:.Honestly,though,I didn't mean to offend you at all,Justin...and I actually don't hate clay so much(after all....RG 2008:cool:)...just don't like some of the people who DO WELL on clay;)

Haha, that's okay, I wasn't offended - just bewildered as to why you would think so.

It's an aussie flag, but I hate golf and hence never been a fan of Scott.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I like clay.. :shrug: The most dreamed slam here has always been Roland Garros... and Guga winning 3 times really only made it even more important.

Clay court tennis can be inventive and surprising.. so I enjoy it. This year's clay season sucked overall (Rome withstanding).. but hey, it can happen with any surface.

bruce goose
Jun 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Haha, that's okay, I wasn't offended - just bewildered as to why you would think so.

It's an aussie flag, but I hate golf and hence never been a fan of Scott.Then you won't mind if my proposed scenario for Adam takes place:devil:.Don't get me wrong;I don't wanna see him spend his life in prison for some crime he didn't commit.....JUST long enough for him to "broaden his experiences":cool:.You see,Justin,some guys will FIGHT and defend their manhood/dignity to the death in grim circumstances like those,but I'm quite sure that Ana's 'biggest supporter' would surrender and become the cellblock bitch within one WEEK...AFTER which the authorities could discover the mistaken identity problem:p

Pops Maellard
Jun 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Maybe Adam would decide he LIKES it up the backside, and will leave Ana alone to get her career back on track. :sobbing:

The 2nd Law
Jun 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM
@ Bruce and Aaron :lol:

Maybe Adam discovers the he likes it up the bum in prison, and then you are both happy. lololol :lol:

What a weird convo!

Pops Maellard
Jun 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Your new username. :hearts: It looks great especially in control panel.

The 2nd Law
Jun 7th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Your new username. :hearts: It looks great especially in control panel.

Yes, I love it! Props to you!

Davodus
Jun 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
@ Bruce and Aaron :lol:

Maybe Adam discovers the he likes it up the bum in prison, and then you are both happy. lololol :lol:

What a weird convo!

I hear that :lol: how it even got onto that topic is beyond me :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I hear that :lol: how it even got onto that topic is beyond me :lol:You can blame THAT one on ME,David:devil:...and Justin,if THAT'S it takes for him to disappear from the picture,that's A-OK with me:yeah:

Where in the heck is JMDP,anyway??C'mon,Juan,you KNOW that you'd enjoy being Ana's hitting partner...and seeing that lovely mug will motivate you during your rehab....Of course,you're way too smart for Ana's bf standards,so you'll have to PRETEND that you're dumb...it's simple;just imitate Rod-DICK;)

Pops Maellard
Jun 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM
I think Djokovic is destined for one-slam wonderdom. :sobbing:

The fire's not there. It hasn't been there since he won his first. :/

By the time he does get his act together, there'll probably be a bunch of hungry up-and-comers that will want it more than he does...

azdaja
Jun 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I think Djokovic is destined for one-slam wonderdom. :sobbing:

The fire's not there. It hasn't been there since he won his first. :/

By the time he does get his act together, there'll probably be a bunch of hungry up-and-comers that will want it more than he does...
the bolded part is how i feel about ana :tape: i mean, we have just had a grand slam where there was no gs winner in the semifinal. and ana is probably gonna find her old form when a bunch of young players hungry for glory arrive.

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2010, 09:28 AM
the bolded part is how i feel about ana :tape: i mean, we have just had a grand slam where there was no gs winner in the semifinal. and ana is probably gonna find her old form when a bunch of young players hungry for glory arrive.

I'm not sure she will ever find form, but what's definitely true is that she is missing the best years to build her career.. If she was playing only decent she could be racking up titles.. even slam titles.. at least at RG. But she decided to play club level at the most inconvenient of times.

bruce goose
Jun 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Well,I tried to do a bit of research,and I'm FAIRLY certain that the English suffix "-don" means 'town',basically...so then I looked up 'wimble',which is NOT a commonly-used word,and the dictionary defined it as either a kind of brace or a bore that's used when drilling for natural resources such as coal....So,I'm just gonna take a guess that,centuries ago,there was a town by that name where they produced those instruments for laborers who explored underground for resources.

I say this because it's really pathetic that the WTA continues to allow the UK to host tennis events;the LTA should either build a retractable roof for all its events(since it rains EVERY f--king day)...or forfeit them to ANOTHER country...one that hasn't had a disgraceful fall from world power.Seriously,I think the Argentines might actually kick the Brit's asses if they tried to take the Falklands again today...and as for British tennis,it's hard to describe just what a colossal joke it's become when you contrast that with its former leadership status.Imagine if Brasil started getting their tails whipped 5-0 every time they played Jamaica...or Iceland...or the U.S...in soccer...or imagine Russia getting destroyed 8-0 by Luxembourg in ice hockey...that sorta gives you a perspective on how bad British tennis really is.

So,to avoid the absurdity of playing 2 matches per day in between rain delays,the formerly-named Wimbledon will be moved somewhere that precipitation isn't a factor...like Estado Chihuahua in Northern Mexico.It's not uncommon for us to go an entire MONTH w/o rain,and our new GS could be hosted in our biggest city,Juarez...or the state capital,Ciudad de Chihuahua...or we could build a tourist-friendly facility in La Sierra Tarahumara...or even in the town where Pancho Villa is buried,Parral---affectionately known as 'the Capital of the World'.I'll ask my lady professor pal for confirmation,but I think the best translation of 'wimble' into Spanish is 'taladro'...that's not a word that we use in conversation...unless someone's a miner,maybe...all the same,'Taladrovilla' has a nice ring to it.I can picture it now,"Fans wait with anticipation to see if Roger Federer and Serena Williams can win back-to-back Taladrovilla titles.":cool:

bruce goose
Jun 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Gotta retract yesterday's criticism SOMEwhat.Some of my family have visited England,and they described Birmingham as a boring,industrial town that is NOT very attractive.So,basically,why in the hell would you even wanna GO there?Originally,I felt slightly sorry for the players cuz of the delays,but then I thought about it and decided that the players DESERVED that inconvenience if they were dumb enough to play a tourney that almost never completes more than 2 or 3 matches per day.....Btw,that's not rain...it's urine....The heavens are PISSING on the woefully fallen British Empire:eek:

Pops Maellard
Jun 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I hate the grass leadups. :yawn: They usually have no bearing on the Wimbledon tournament anyway - not with the sisters running the show. :p

The 2nd Law
Jun 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I hate the grass leadups. :yawn: They usually have no bearing on the Wimbledon tournament anyway - not with the sisters running the show. :p

OMG Aaron, your pic makes me want to cry :(

Jang87
Jun 10th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Did anyone see Andy Roddicks match against Dudi Sela? :lol:. Roddick is so bad at the net. He has no sense of how to approach the net at all. Without his serve his game pretty much just falls apart.

Polikarpov
Jun 10th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Did anyone see Andy Roddicks match against Dudi Sela? :lol:. Roddick is so bad at the net. He has no sense of how to approach the net at all. Without his serve his game pretty much just falls apart.

Roddick has always been useless at the net. Remember the volley he hit at set point in last year's Wimbledon final? :tape:

Poor Istomin he had his chances against Rafa.

Pops Maellard
Jun 10th, 2010, 11:22 PM
And Nole. He doesn't deserve to be Top 5 right now. :mad:

Pops Maellard
Jun 10th, 2010, 11:39 PM
OMG, go to the Interesting Pictures Captions thread in GM...if you dare. :scared:

jelenacg
Jun 11th, 2010, 12:36 AM
OMG, go to the Interesting Pictures Captions thread in GM...if you dare. :scared:

OMG :sobbing::speakles:
My eyes :bigcry::bigcry:

I thought that was JJ at first :bolt:

Polikarpov
Jun 11th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I thought it was Navratilova. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Jun 11th, 2010, 02:14 AM
OMG, go to the Interesting Pictures Captions thread in GM...if you dare. :scared:Well,I don't dislike her as a person...and I'm happy for her that she's had her unforgettable moment of glory...............but THAT:eek: was a bigger catalyst for ritual suicide than your avy is,Aaron

Pops Maellard
Jun 11th, 2010, 02:21 AM
:rolls:

Polikarpov
Jun 11th, 2010, 02:23 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=17950650&postcount=2772

:spit:

doni1212
Jun 11th, 2010, 02:29 AM
:speakles:

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
the tennis season is going to be suspended for me starting at 4pm cet today when the football world cup starts :p so just a random semi-tennis fact from me - uruguayan footballer diego forlán who plays for atlético madrid used to be a talented tennis player when he was a kid, but chose football in the end.

bruce goose
Jun 12th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to tip my hat to Nadal:hatoff:...even though he started weakly on grass,as I expected.I've seen LOTS of American baseball and football players who were never able to reclaim their previous glory after they were caught juicing.It took Rafa a while to adjust,but he's actually a better,more mobile player w/o all that fake,bloated muscle holding him down...causing extra strain on his knees...which,as it turns out,weren't injured all that badly.True,he lost some power and stamina,but he made some adjustments to his game accordingly,and his physique will last MUCH longer w/o all that crap in his system...which would've eventually contributed to chronic injuries from overtaxing his body.

Even though clay often favors the player with less power,it was impressive that he amassed a FLAWLESS record this clay season while other,supposed stars sucked.His shot-making,playing of the angles and defensive maneuvers were truly remarkable.I was just a little kid when Borg was great on clay,but I suspect that Nadal might be better...and congrats to him for his revenge vs. Soderling

Pops Maellard
Jun 13th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Just wanted to tip my hat to Nadal:hatoff:...even though he started weakly on grass,as I expected.I've seen LOTS of American baseball and football players who were never able to reclaim their previous glory after they were caught juicing.It took Rafa a while to adjust,but he's actually a better,more mobile player w/o all that fake,bloated muscle holding him down...causing extra strain on his knees...which,as it turns out,weren't injured all that badly.True,he lost some power and stamina,but he made some adjustments to his game accordingly,and his physique will last MUCH longer w/o all that crap in his system...which would've eventually contributed to chronic injuries from overtaxing his body.

Even though clay often favors the player with less power,it was impressive that he amassed a FLAWLESS record this clay season while other,supposed stars sucked.His shot-making,playing of the angles and defensive maneuvers were truly remarkable.I was just a little kid when Borg was great on clay,but I suspect that Nadal might be better...and congrats to him for his revenge vs. Soderling
Post-juice Nadal had his best clay season. :lol: Kind of ironic in a way.

bruce goose
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Post-juice Nadal had his best clay season. :lol: Kind of ironic in a way.He's also older now than when he first started,so maturity and experience gives him more on-court poise.....though he wasn't that bad from the start,really

Pops Maellard
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:26 AM
He's also older now than when he first started,so maturity and experience gives him more on-court poise.....though he wasn't that bad from the start,really
Makes me furious when there was a possiblity at the '09 AO semi it wasn't over though. :mad:

bruce goose
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Makes me furious when there was a possiblity at the '09 AO semi it wasn't over though. :mad:Well,my biggest complaint with Nando is that he couldn't keep Ana happy.Some of the gals might have better insight,but I suspect that Ana wouldn't have drifted so far from the sport with a tennis-playing bf...I could be wrong,of course.

From a tennis standpoint,he's GOT to beat Nadal at least once someday if he expects to receive much respect.In the NFL,even the pathetic,sucky-ass Browns beat the Steelers or Ravens once in a blue moon.There are lots of less-talented players who've beaten Nadal,so Nando needs to 'man up'.....IF he has that within him.That might even be what it takes for him to break thru and become a Slam winner.If he never accomplishes that then,tbh,maybe he doesn't really DESERVE a GS title

Pops Maellard
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Well,my biggest complaint with Nando is that he couldn't keep Ana happy.Some of the gals might have better insight,but I suspect that Ana wouldn't have drifted so far from the sport with a tennis-playing bf...I could be wrong,of course.

From a tennis standpoint,he's GOT to beat Nadal at least once someday if he expects to receive much respect.In the NFL,even the pathetic,sucky-ass Browns beat the Steelers or Ravens once in a blue moon.There are lots of less-talented players who've beaten Nadal,so Nando needs to 'man up'.....IF he has that within him.That might even be what it takes for him to break thru and become a Slam winner.If he never accomplishes that then,tbh,maybe he doesn't really DESERVE a GS title
I fully agree. Nando's a slow learner though. After the AO last year he couldn't beat a Top 10 player the rest of the year, this year he's 5-2 over Top 10, etc.

I think he'll get there in time.

InsideOut.
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Who else is watching Laura? :rocker:

InsideOut.
Jun 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
JJ's ajde :rolleyes: Hypocrite much.

gaviotabr
Jun 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
JJ's ajde :rolleyes: Hypocrite much.

And fistpump.. :rolleyes:

You just can't do it if your name is Ana. :o

Seriously.. If I were to play JJ I would fistpump and ajde in every single point just because I know it bothers her. :o But Ana is such a nice girl, all she is doing is tone it down.. :o

Pops Maellard
Jun 21st, 2010, 10:17 PM
Poor Alejandro Falla. :sad:

I went to bed as he was 2 sets to 0 up. Typical of one who almost beats Federer to bagelled in the fifth.

gaviotabr
Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Verdasco just lost in the first round.. sorry for that Aaron.

Doom for the last players partying at the Wimbledon players party.

bruce goose
Jun 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Is there anything on the Wimby website about Petra Martic's default??I asked the other Marion fans and no one answered....I hope young Petra is okay:eek:

DefyingGravity
Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Poor Ana....how was the Peer match...it wasn't too bad, but you could see the conflict in her game of when to go for shots and when to leave it alone. I just hope that she sees that she's not focusing on the right parts of her game before it's too late. I love her to death, but she needs to swing through her backhand more and get fitter so she can attack more consistently with less effort. The slide continues :sad:

Pops Maellard
Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Verdasco just lost in the first round.. sorry for that Aaron.

Doom for the last players partying at the Wimbledon players party.
Thanks for saying so. :hug:

I'm not worried, he'll be back. :)

Sean.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:25 AM
Does anyone have the gif of Ana laughing with paint on her hand?

Pops Maellard
Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:33 AM
I'm actually a bit more sad about Blake's loss than Nando's. Even if it was more expected. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
WTF match between Isner and Mahut. 34-33 in the fith now..

75 aces for Isner.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
WTF match between Isner and Mahut. 34-33 in the fith now..

75 aces for Isner.

34-34.

Jang87
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
34-34.

:lol: Could you imagine losing the match now? I feel bad for the guy that loses :lol:.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Out of the smaller courts, I really like Court 18 at Wimbledon.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
:lol: Could you imagine losing the match now? I feel bad for the guy that loses :lol:.

Yeah.. 7 hours..

Isner has just gone from 40-0 to deuce on his serve.. danger..

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah.. 7 hours..

Isner has just gone from 40-0 to deuce on his serve.. danger..

But he holds.. 35-34.

Jang87
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'm watching the Federer/Bozoljac match. This Bozoljac guy is playing some good tennis. He has a huuuge serve.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
35-35.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
I think Isner is looking dead tired now..

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
I think Isner is looking dead tired now..

But he holds.. 36-35.

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
I can't believe this match :lol: Is someone ever gonna win?

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
I can't believe this match :lol: Is someone ever gonna win?

I'm beginning to think it's a never ending match.. :spit:

37-36!

InsideOut.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
How did the first two sets even happen? :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
37-37.

I think Isner is getting tired and frustrated. He wasted 3 match points already.

Mahut seems to be getting better.. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
How did the first two sets even happen? :spit:

They happened yesterday in another dimension.. :lol:

79 aces for Isner now.

InsideOut.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hasn't Isner completely annihilated Karlovic's ace record now as well?

Davodus
I'm beginning to think it's a never ending match.. :spit:

37-36!

Someone is gonna have to win eventually right? :lol: Maybe it will get too dark for them again. I feel bad for the next people on :lol:

gaviotabr
Hasn't Isner completely annihilated Karlovic's ace record now as well?

Yes.. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Someone is gonna have to win eventually right? :lol: Maybe it will get too dark for them again. I feel bad for the next people on :lol:

Not sure other matches will be played in this court..

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
And it keeps on going...

38-38.

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:31 PM

Not sure other matches will be played in this court..

Oh yeah they already moved Schuettler/Istomin, good idea :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
41-40..

Oh my..

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
This is outrageous now :lol: Just totally unbelievable.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
I don't think Isner can last much longer.. he is looking half dead.

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Set alone is 5 hours long :haha:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
It keeps on going.. :eek:

44-44.

spiritedenergy
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
44-44? what's that?:spit:

peer lost:tape: as expected, she played horribly just as ana... ana will probably win the wooden spoon:tape::lol::help: the worst slam showing ever for her, embarassing:o

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
44-44? what's that?:spit:

peer lost:tape: as expected, she played horribly just as ana... ana will probably win the wooden spoon:tape::lol::help: the worst slam showing ever for her, embarassing:o

It's 46-45 now.. :spit: Isner x Mahut, have been playing for almost 8 hours.. :spit:

The Peer loss was totally expected as well.. she was awful against Ana, she was just lucky she was facing someone playing club level. :shrug:

The wooden spoon would be Ana's best shot at a title this year.. :o It's definitely her most embarrassing result at a slam ever. And she says Peer is a top player and she has no complaints.. :help::tape:

InsideOut.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
NO talk of Ana in this thread please? :o

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
NO talk of Ana in this thread please? :o

Sorry... :sad:

spiritedenergy
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
It's 46-45 now.. :spit: Isner x Mahut, have been playing for almost 8 hours.. :spit:

The Peer loss was totally expected as well.. she was awful against Ana, she was just lucky she was facing someone playing club level. :shrug:

The wooden spoon would be Ana's best shot at a title this year.. :o It's definitely her most embarrassing result at a slam ever. And she says Peer is a top player and she has no complaints.. :help::tape:

that's what she said???:tape::banghead:

how could they reach 45-45? it's ridiculous:spit: i guess people is fallin asleep over there:lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
that's what she said???:tape::banghead:

how could they reach 45-45? it's ridiculous:spit: i guess people is fallin asleep over there:lol:

I started watching at 15-15.. I have mixed feelings.. I want it to end.. and I'm sort of bored.. but I can't turn it off.. :lol:

Look at Ana's message on facebook.. :tape:

spiritedenergy
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM
I started watching at 15-15.. I have mixed feelings.. I want it to end.. and I'm sort of bored.. but I can't turn it off.. :lol:

Look at Ana's message on facebook.. :tape:

yeah i can imagine... can't they break? it looks not:lol:

i saw it on facebook now... "I can't have any complaints":tape:x1000

if it's her management, that's one thing, but if it's her, I'm sorry but she needs help:o
however she says she's hitting the gym, maybe she realized she 's being an elephant out there:o

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
yeah i can imagine... can't they break? it looks not:lol:

i saw it on facebook now... "I can't have any complaints":tape:x1000

if it's her management, that's one thing, but if it's her, I'm sorry but she needs help:o
however she says she's hitting the gym, maybe she realized she 's being an elephant out there:o

I don't think it matters much to be honest.. :shrug: But well... it could do her some good to lose weight.

Isner is dead tired, but he can hit the aces.. so he can't break but keeps holding. Mahut looks surprisingly fresh..

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
It never ends!!! :sobbing:

50-50.

spiritedenergy
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
It never ends!!! :sobbing:

50-50.

:happy:

honestly that's pathetic, they should both lose:o

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Isner saves 2 BPs to hold for 51-50.

Surreal.

bruce goose
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Isner saves 2 BPs to hold for 51-50.

Surreal.Izzy,I'm a little pissed already that Algeria couldn't hold on for ONE more minute to flush that overrated American crap down the WC toilet....so I'd like to see Isner lose.....They're tired now,surely,but was this quality tennis BEFORE they went into OT??My guess is,'No',but I'll trust in your input:)

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Izzy,I'm a little pissed already that Algeria couldn't hold on for ONE more minute to flush that overrated American crap down the WC toilet....so I'd like to see Isner lose.....They're tired now,surely,but was this quality tennis BEFORE they went into OT??My guess is,'No',but I'll trust in your input:)

I started watching when it was already 15-15 in the 5th. :shrug:

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
This is OUT of control. Imagine if this was Ana :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Men's grass-court tennis can be almost unbelievably one-dimensional and uninspiring sometimes...and Isner fits the prototype of the big-serving stooge...Izzy didn't join 'til late...so did anyone ELSe watch this match while the players were still fresh?...to comment on the caliber of play?

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
This is OUT of control. Imagine if this was Ana :lol:

Heart attack.. :lol:

But Ana would never handle this.. :spit:

Davodus
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Heart attack.. :lol:

But Ana would never handle this.. :spit:

No never :lol: Especially not now. But if she could, and this was her, I would definitely no longer be alive right now...I feel bad for anyone who has one of these fellas as their favourite.

gaviotabr
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
No never :lol: Especially not now. But if she could, and this was her, I would definitely no longer be alive right now...I feel bad for anyone who has one of these fellas as their favourite.

Yes.. definitely..

There is one guy happy about this.. Thiemo de Bakker, who gets to play one of them tomorrow. :spit:

bruce goose
Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Did Wimbledon just reactively impose a tiebreaker on the final set??:eek:If they DID,then they can take all of their 'tradition' propaganda and just shove it up their asses!!!:lol::lol::lol:Yeah,I'm sure the match quality sucks...but this is the Holy WIMBLEDON Tradition...."We don't change for ANYone.":p

Oops,my mistake;the scoreboard read 6-6 so I thought they'd given up hope.....Soldier on,Wimble-DUMB(lol)

Curtos07
Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
That match was unbelievable. I am rooting for it to never end. :lol: