PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
stosur won:tape: JJ will crush her in the SF and then in the final against Schiavone/Dementieva, well no point even playing:tape:

Well I don't like her but she kind of deserves it for her career, even though for the awful draw and for the clay season she had, Stosur would deserve to win

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
I hate this RG with all my heart.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:21 PM

well it was bound to happen... JJ would have beaten Serena and maybe even Henin too with the way they were playing... She's been in slam final, many SFs, n.1, won a 2 weeker (IW), so yes her resume only needs a slams. Stosur on the other hand... i think she's far from GS winning material, but i might be wrong...

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM

:lol:
Novak is going to lose this fifth set ,but i guess he deserved it when he already saw himself in SF after 2-0 in third set :rolleyes: He has no serve :lol::tape:
And Almagro is so annoying ,he just won`t go away :rolleyes::rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
well it was bound to happen... JJ would have beaten Serena and maybe even Henin too with the way they were playing... She's been in slam final, many SFs, n.1, won a 2 weeker (IW), so yes her resume only needs a slams. Stosur on the other hand... i think she's far from GS winning material, but i might be wrong...

Yes.. but did it have to be now? :sobbing:

And JJ is not playing all that well either.. Serena and Justine in a slam semi are a whole other animal.

Stosur will just play like crap, just like she did in IW. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Novak is going to lose this fifth set ,but i guess he deserved it when he already saw himself in SF after 2-0 in third set :rolleyes: He has no serve :lol::tape:
And Almagro is so annoying ,he just won`t go away :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Novak :banghead:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM

And JJ is not playing all that well either.. Serena and Justine in a slam semi are a whole other animal.

yeah i guess the stars are aligning for her:o serena and justine really blew it, so pathetic of them, serena had a match point:tape::help:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM

I totally expect Stosur not to show up at all :lol: or to start missing what she usually doesn`t :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
yeah i guess the stars are aligning for her:o serena and justine really blew it, so pathetic of them, serena had a match point:tape::help:

Yes... all stars are aligning.. everything working out her way. :o Everyone who could beat her losing.. She is not even playing well.. :o

Serena. :banghead: She blew the MP with an UE while Stosur was at the net.. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
I totally expect Stosur not to show up at all :lol: or to start missing what she usually doesn`t :lol:

It's probably going to be a repeat of their IW semi. Stosur was totally pathetic there. :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Rafa :hearts::worship:

I think JJ was right when she said her time will come :lol::lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
Rafa :hearts::worship:

I think JJ was right when she said her time will come :lol::lol:

yes... no watch her dragging about this slam for the rest of her career and saying how great she is and how ana sucks:tape::lol::help:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Yes... all stars are aligning.. everything working out her way. :o Everyone who could beat her losing.. She is not even playing well.. :o

Serena. :banghead: She blew the MP with an UE while Stosur was at the net.. :o

what's wrong with serena? this is already her 2nd choke in a row at RG... out of all the people how is she choking so much?:tape: and to blew it with an UE... i would kill myself if i was her and sweetcleo:tape::lol::help: really why??? does she want it so much to get tight and choke? she needs a shrink to sort out this issue if she wants to win RG ever again:o

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
yes... no watch her dragging about this slam for the rest of her career and saying how great she is and how ana sucks:tape::lol::help:

She is going to gloat forever and to no end.. It's going to be so tough to take.. because it will be all the time how she is great, how her career is so much better.. how Ana sucks and will never win a tournament again. :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM

She won`t say that :lol:
But if she wins GS ,she has the right to brag about it all she wants ...and she probably will :spit::lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
what's wrong with serena? this is already her 2nd choke in a row at RG... out of all the people how is she choking so much?:tape: and to blew it with an UE... i would kill myself if i was her and sweetcleo:tape::lol::help: really why??? does she want it so much to get choke and tight? she needs a shrink to sort it out this issue if she wants to win RG ever again:o

It seems she steps on clay and becomes a choker. :o Like.. automatically.

At *5-6, Serena also had 0-30 on Stosur's serve. :o

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
She is going to gloat forever and to no end.. It's going to be so tough to take.. because it will be all the time how she is great, how her career is so much better.. how Ana sucks and will never win a tournament again. :o

:happy: imagine if she really said that:tape::lol::help:

her fans will say that for sure, like every day till the end of this forum...:o you know i would even prefer dementieva winning at this point:o

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:53 PM
She won`t say that :lol:
But if she wins GS ,she has the right to brag about it all she wants ...and she probably will :spit::lol:

she won't say the exact words but that's what she'll mean, also she'll pretend a huge reception in belgrade like ana:o i'm puking right now just thinking about it:tape:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:58 PM

her fans will say that for sure, like every day till the end of this forum...:o you know i would even prefer dementieva winning at this point:o

Well they would be right :rolleyes:
I`m sorry but that how things are ,she wins this RG and she is better than Ana regarding tennis results and achievements

she won't say the exact words but that's what she'll mean, also she'll pretend a huge reception in belgrade like ana:o i'm puking right now just thinking about it:tape:

Well if Novak and Ana had it i don`t see why JJ wouldn`t have it :p
She has every right...

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
You people sure bitch and complain about some petty,kinder-level nonsense.I can totally understand not believing that Elena can win...but why would it be so bad if she DID win??:confused:What crime has she committed??Not making a dizzy idiot of herself by NOT WAGging at Maxim's hockey games??

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
You people sure bitch and complain about some petty,kinder-level nonsense.I can totally understand not believing that Elena can win...but why would it be so bad if she DID win??:confused:What crime has she committed??Not making a dizzy idiot of herself by NOT WAGging at Maxim's hockey games??

Right now I'm on board of the Dementieva ship.

bruce goose
Davodus,for what it's worth,I agree that a JJ victory is HARDLY the gurantee that people are making it to be.Sam already broke thru with her first GS semi last year,so that should help her with nerves...and JJ is certainly no rock at Slams...she's won,what is it??Oh yeah,ZERO:lol:...and yes,Sam is capable of handling JJ's push game if she just stays patient.I don't fault folks for making JJ the favorite,but she's dEFINITELY not a prohibitive one...not even close...that's just stupid

gaviotabr

I prefer Dementieva winning it.. for sure.

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Right now I'm on board of the Dementieva ship.:hug:Thanks,but IF she's able to handle Schiavone,which opponent would trouble her more??Sam or JJ?Or would it be a toss-up,both equally difficult?

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
No matter what happens, JJ can NEVER EVER take away from Ana that she was the first Serbian to become world number one and win a slam! So JJ can suck it :lol:.

Novak just got broken in the 5th set!

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Well they would be right :rolleyes:
I`m sorry but that how things are ,she wins this RG and she is better than Ana regarding tennis results and achievements

Yes.. that's undeniable. If JJ wins RG, she will have the slam, more slam semis, more titles, more weeks at number 1, more weeks at top 5, more weeks at top 10.. all better.

You know what? I just realised I want JJ to win.. maybe being so outplayed by her biggest rival might just make Ana wake up from her slumber.. and get her desire up again.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
:hug:Thanks,but IF she's able to handle Schiavone,which opponent would trouble her more??Sam or JJ?Or would it be a toss-up,both equally difficult?

I would say JJ is a lot tougher. It would not be her first final.. which would be for Sam.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
No matter what happens, JJ can NEVER EVER take away from Ana that she was the first Serbian to become world number one and win a slam! So JJ can suck it :lol:.

Who cares who won it first if the next one was more successful? Really.. who was the first american to win a slam? :shrug: First aussie? First spanish player? :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
if JJ wins it might fire ana up, or it could be tha last nail in the coffin... i think ana used to have a healty competition with JJ in 2007/2008, but after her slump started it looks everytime she loses to her she goes for the tangent:o i hope the first will happen though

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Yes.. that's undeniable. If JJ wins RG, she will have the slam, more slam semis, more titles, more weeks at number 1, more weeks at top 5, more weeks at top 10.. all better.

You know what? I just realised I want JJ to win.. maybe being so outplayed by her biggest rival might just make Ana wake up from her slumber.. and get her desire up again.

Meh i don`t think so :shrug:
Her problem was she lacked desire for tennis ,nothing to do with JJ ...
Novak :wavey:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
if JJ wins it might fire ana up, or it could be tha last nail in the coffin... i think ana used to have a healty competition with JJ in 2007/2008, but after her slump started it looks everytime she loses to her she goes for the tangent:o i hope the first will happen though

Yes.. it can either fire her up or push her to the coffin. It's not that JJ winning stuff has ever had any good effect in Ana during her slump.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
Who cares who won it first if the next one was more successful? Really.. who was the first american to win a slam? :shrug: First aussie? First spanish player? :shrug:

Yeah :lol:
Besides Ana deserves to be the second one after she had more important things to do than to play tennis,just saying :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Meh i don`t think so :shrug:
Her problem was she lacked desire for tennis ,nothing to do with JJ ...
Novak :wavey:

I know it has nothing to do with JJ.. but I do think Ana hates to lose to JJ.. losing to her has an awful effect on Ana. So I don't think she will enjoy being so outmatched and outplayed as far as tennis acomplishments go. I actually think Ana's desire is in an all time low. Her fears, doubts, everything is bigger than her desire. Maybe that goes together with a comfort cushion of having acomplished something. So seeing someone like JJ acomplish it too might just light a fire, a desire to acomplish something more.. maybe then her desire will rise above all other things. Or not.. :shrug: Might make her even more depressed.. :o Or might have no effect whatsoever... :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah :lol:
Besides Ana deserves to be the second one after she had more important things to do than to play tennis,just saying :rolleyes:

Yeah.. truth is she deserves it. She decided to dedicate herself to other stuff and spent a year without doing fitness and barely practicing.. Well.. it's well done.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
You guys are overdoing it a little :lol:. Its not like the world is ending if JJ wins a slam :lol:. I don't want her to win, but if she does, she does. No biggie. She is playing better than Ana at the moment and we just have to accept that.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
You guys are overdoing it a little :lol:. Its not like the world is ending if JJ wins a slam :lol:. I don't want her to win, but if she does, she does. No biggie. She is playing better than Ana at the moment and we just have to accept that.

Yeah yeah... I just think it's awful timing... after all that has happened in the past month or so. But well.. we just have to take the gloating...

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
I know it has nothing to do with JJ.. but I do think Ana hates to lose to JJ.. losing to her has an awful effect on Ana. So I don't think she will enjoy being so outmatched and outplayed as far as tennis acomplishments go. I actually think Ana's desire is in an all time low. Her fears, doubts, everything is bigger than her desire. Maybe that goes together with a comfort cushion of having acomplished something. So seeing someone like JJ acomplish it too might just light a fire, a desire to acomplish something more.. maybe then her desire will rise above all other things. Or not.. :shrug: Might make her even more depressed.. :o Or might have no effect whatsoever... :shrug:

I don`t know...it's too complicated
I know that Ana likes to win against JJ and that`s normal but i think her problems are way different and bigger that it can be fixed with JJ winning something :o
If only ...
Ana is so into her own world that i don`t see this having any affect on her ,i`m afraid :rolleyes:
Just look at WTA ,Fran is playing SF no offence .If that was the way Ana minds works she would already be out of this slump and taking advantage of this situations and winning titles :rolleyes:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah yeah... I just think it's awful timing... after all that has happened in the past month or so. But well.. we just have to take the gloating...

Oh she will definitely gloat. JJ acts like an ass now without a slam. Could you imagine if she actually did win one?:rolleyes:

But you know what, Ana will have to deal with it. She put herself in this situation. JJ was in a slump herself a few years back. Did she give up? No. She fought like hell. What is Ana doing? Letting her emotions/nerves/pressure/lack of interest (?) destroy her.

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM

We? :lol:
NOOOO! Jankovic in the SF.

If we can handle Ana slumping for 2 years i`m sure we can handle JJ winning GS :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
I don`t know...it's too complicated
I know that Ana likes to win against JJ and that`s normal but i think her problems are way different and bigger that it can be fixed with JJ winning something :o
If only ...
Ana is so into her own world that i don`t see this having any affect on her ,i`m afraid :rolleyes:
Just look at WTA ,Fran is playing SF no offence. If that was the way Ana minds works she would already be out of this slump and taking advantage of this situations and winning titles :rolleyes:

It's actually the opposite of this.. she doesn't get fired up out depleted draws.. and she doesn't see it as an opportunity to take advantage and win titles.

Yes.. the WTA is weaker than ever.. if Ana was playing remotely decent she would be racking up the titles. But that's the thing.. she doesn't get motivation from such poor state of play, and always falls on the comfort cushion of what she has achieved.

And I think the biggest problem right now is that everything is bigger than Ana's tennis desire. She wants results without putting the fire, desire, effort, fight, without making it happen. She needs something, anything, to compell her to fight again, to light that desire. Look at how she didn't even fight against Kleybs.. she just gave up... the same against JJ in the third set of the Madrid match. Ana needs to get her desire up again, otherwise it gets eaten whenever it gets tough. Needs her desire to be bigger.. and maybe someone close somehow achieving more than her can shake things up a bit. Or not.. It might have a bad effect.. or none at all.. I do think it will have some effect though.

Curtos07
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Sam has beaten both Henin and Serena. I would think she would be the favorite against JJ. :shrug:

An no way, I do not want JJ winning. I may quit tennis altogether if she does. :sobbing:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
We? :lol:

If we can handle Ana slumping for 2 years i`m sure we can handle JJ winning GS :lol:

:lol:.

I don't want JJ to win a slam, no way! But if she does, she does. As long as she keeps her mouth shut and not gloat in Anas face :lol:. She probably will though, knowing JJ. But if you look at it with an objective point of view, JJ has played well throughout the tournament. Even the commentators on ES said she was obsessed with improving her game. She is always trying to get better. So this day would eventually come. I was hoping it would come after Ana had won another slam, but whatever :lol:. JJ will probably get two slams and Ana will still be in a slump.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Oh she will definitely gloat. JJ acts like an ass now without a slam. Could you imagine if she actually did win one?:rolleyes:

But you know what, Ana will have to deal with it. She put herself in this situation. JJ was in a slump herself a few years back. Did she give up? No. She fought like hell. What is Ana doing? Letting her emotions/nerves/pressure/lack of interest (?) destroy her.

Ana's tennis desire is just low.. everything else eats it up when things get tough.

I have a lot of respect for JJ in the sense that she could always rise again after bad patches.. And this slump is all Ana's fault.. just weak from her.. let herself get so frustrated she spent almost a year barely practicing. :o Now it's 2 years of awful play.. and I'm not sure she has it in her to even play well again, let alone get back to competing for big titles.

But you know.. this past month was already awful, full of criticism and gloating.. imagine if JJ wins it. It just could happen at some other moment..

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Sam has beaten both Henin and Serena. I would think she would be the favorite against JJ. :shrug:

An no way, I do not want JJ winning. I may quit tennis altogether if she does. :sobbing:

Bye Curtis! Have a good life away from tennis.. :wavey:

:sobbing:

Curtos07
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Bye Curtis! Have a good life away from tennis.. :wavey:

:sobbing:

I will try. :sobbing: *whispers* I will probably be back for Wimbledon *whispers*

Oh, the doom that awaits. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
It's actually the opposite of this.. she doesn't get fired up out depleted draws.. and she doesn't see it as an opportunity to take advantage and win titles.

Yes.. the WTA is weaker than ever.. if Ana was playing remotely decent she would be racking up the titles. But that's the thing.. she doesn't get motivation from such poor state of play, and always falls on the comfort cushion of what she has achieved.

And I think the biggest problem right now is that everything is bigger than Ana's tennis desire. She wants results without putting the fire, desire, effort, fight, without making it happen. She needs something, anything, to compell her to fight again, to light that desire. Look at how she didn't even fight against Kleybs.. she just gave up... the same against JJ in the third set of the Madrid match. Ana needs to get her desire up again, otherwise it gets eaten whenever it gets tough. Needs her desire to be bigger.. and maybe someone close somehow achieving more than her can shake things up a bit. Or not.. It might have a bad effect.. or none at all.. I do think it will have some effect though.

This :worship: That`s the whole problem :rolleyes:
I don`t think it will have any affect ,she is too comfort in her own world and with her usaual talk `I won a GS ,i know i can win another one` :bs:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 07:03 PM
This :worship: That`s the whole problem :rolleyes:
I don`t think it will have any affect ,she is too comfort in her own world and with her usaual talk `I won a GS ,i know i can win another one` :bs:

Yes.. that's such :bs:... if she doesn't prove she can, she will ebe forever known as a lucky flukey joke of a player who happened to win RG once. Like Gaudio or something.. :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Yes.. that's such :bs:... if she doesn't prove she can, she will ebe forever known as a lucky flukey joke of a player who happened to win RG once. Like Gaudio or something.. :o

Why bother :shrug: She has GS,she was #1,she has lot of money :o

Anyway we`ll have a new first time GS winner

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Why bother :shrug: She has GS,she was #1,she has lot of money :o

Anyway we`ll have a new first time GS winner

That's so poor.. I've absolutely always despised those kind of athletes.. Like.. "Hey, I've acomplished things.. now I'll get my pyjamas on and live out of that forever." These are the times I wonder why I like Ana if she represents something I've always been so repeled by... :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
That's so poor.. I've absolutely always despised those kind of athletes.. Like.. "Hey, I've acomplished things.. now I'll get my pyjamas on and live out of that forever." These are the times I wonder why I like Ana if she represents something I've always been so repeled by... :o

If it makes you feel any better i don`t think that was her primary mission ,things just happened that way :o
And that`s her comfort zone now ...

Curtos07
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
I don't think Ana is the kind of person who would have that kind of attitude. I highly doubt she feels that way.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
If it makes you feel any better i don`t think that was her primary mission ,things just happened that way :o
And that`s her comfort zone now ...

No.. doesn't make me feel any better. People who get changed by success also aren't up in my book.

I don't think Ana is the kind of person who would have that kind of attitude. I highly doubt she feels that way.

She might not feel this way.. but she certainly acts like this.. I'm sure she would love to do well again.. she is just not really putting in the effort mentally.. if things fall from the sky on her lap great.. if they are tough to get, she just isn't willing to let her heart out there to make it happen. Then she falls on her comfort zone..

Lame.. total lame..

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
No.. doesn't make me feel any better. People who get changed by success also aren't up in my book.

:lol::lol:

Btw we have some stupid show on tv that follows celebrities ,nothing spectacular they are just very annoying
I never watch it that`s why i had no idea they cought Ana while she was in Belgrade :lol: This is some kind of best off i guess :rolleyes: She was in white coat with her parents and they filmed them leaving some building,getting in the car,then following that car and again entering in some building
Stupid and freaky :o

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM

Btw we have some stupid show on tv that follows celebrities ,nothing spectacular they are just very annoying
I never watch it that`s why i had no idea they cought Ana while she was in Belgrade :lol: This is some kind of best off i guess :rolleyes: She was in white coat with her parents and they filmed them leaving some building,getting in the car,then following that car and again entering in some building

Uff.. I hate those shows.. so invading..

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM

Ana will be at the Zira Party saturday it seems.. I hope sunday she is already on her way to some place with grass courts. Most players who lost early at RG are already practicing on grass.. :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Uff.. I hate those shows.. so invading..

Yes :o
It`s not like they filmed them doing anything interesting :shrug: So stupid :rolleyes:
How do you know about Zira party ?

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yes :o
It`s not like they filmed them doing anything interesting :shrug: So stupid :rolleyes:
How do you know about Zira party ?

http://www.ziracentar.com/mall/

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM

By the way.. those pics of Ana are SO photoshoped.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
I really dislike Serena but it's a bad day that she lost now.
A new slam winner and look at the names....
I wish there's a way to cancel RG.

I think Stosur has a good chance. She's good on clay this year and beat Henin and Serena while she gave away the match. JJ didn't even face a top 20 player. And isn't playing well either. Stosur needs a good start with less errors.

But don't forget Schiavone. She's playing great now. Li and Wozniacki were easily beaten.
If Martinez Sanchez can win Rome and Rezai Madrid, then why not Schiavone here?
She's experienced enough. Not in slam SF's and finals, but the last years she won at least her first title after all these losses.
I don't see Lena winning it all. Just not good here and already surprised she's in the SF.

JJ winning would really hurt my tennis heart.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
JJ winning would really hurt my tennis heart.

Get ready... Prepare your heart...

:sad:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM

It doesn`t say anything about Ana being there :shrug: It`s just a shopping party with 50% discount :lol:
They have Ana on the cover for everything

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:33 PM

With Henin and Clijsters back I just thought JJ blew her chances.
On clay we can't expect the sisters, Clijsters not here and Henin is not the old one. But 3 players who has the chance to 'save' wta. (like it can be saved at all)

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
It doesn`t say anything about Ana being there :shrug: It`s just a shopping party with 50% discount :lol:
They have Ana on the cover for everything

Well.. she is in Belgrade.. :shrug:

Doesn't matter really.. I hope she goes practice on grass as soon as posible. She could at least try to end the year in the top 40.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
With Henin and Clijsters back I just thought JJ blew her chances.
On clay we can't expect the sisters, Clijsters not here and Henin is not the old one. But 3 players who has the chance to 'save' wta. (like it can be saved at all)

This clay season was crazy from moment one.

Serena really blew it today.. having a MP and all.. It's like all stars aligning for JJ to win it. I really don't see her losing to any of the other 3.. just too consistent..

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Well.. she is in Belgrade.. :shrug:

Doesn't matter really.. I hope she goes practice on grass as soon as posible. She could at least try to end the year in the top 40.

Well we don`t know that :shrug:
I also hope she goes to practice on grass as soon as possible,if she had this great result on clay i can already see Wimbledon will be interesting :o

This clay season was crazy from moment one.

Serena really blew it today.. having a MP and all.. It's like all stars aligning for JJ to win it. I really don't see her losing to any of the other 3.. just too consistent..

Serena is just awful on clay
I really have hard time cheering for her on clay :o She looks so awkward,plays so awkward... just horrible
If JJ wins tomorrow ,congrats to her that`s all .After all she is the best clay court player left in the draw imo

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:53 PM
I know it has nothing to do with JJ.. but I do think Ana hates to lose to JJ.. losing to her has an awful effect on Ana. So I don't think she will enjoy being so outmatched and outplayed as far as tennis acomplishments go. I actually think Ana's desire is in an all time low. Her fears, doubts, everything is bigger than her desire. Maybe that goes together with a comfort cushion of having acomplished something. So seeing someone like JJ acomplish it too might just light a fire, a desire to acomplish something more.. maybe then her desire will rise above all other things. Or not.. :shrug: Might make her even more depressed.. :o Or might have no effect whatsoever... :shrug:There you go with that bizarre,unsubstantiated theory on 'demoralizing losses to JJ'.Once again,it's only happened tHREE times,and...

1.the first time she won a title,playing strongly,a short time later
2.the second time she IMPROVED in her next match(vs. Li'l Bepa)...it was still a loss but there was aBSOLUTELY NOTHING about her body language that showed demoralization in the following match.You can't seriously think that Ana's crappy 2008-2009 offseason was caused by personal devastation from losing to JJ at YEC.It was FAR more influenced by her visit to the child pornographers at Rolex where she contracted her Anal Tumor
3.The one loss to JJ where she dID look terrible afterwards was the recent one.As a forensic worker,though,you should realize that a single event DOESN'T constitute a pattern.Furthermore,Ana was mentally out of it EVEN WHILE SHE WAS BEATING JJ...which makes no sense whatsoever...so we can't even conclusively state that the loss was the primary cause of Ana's current funk...though we can agree that it contributed a lot.

Izzy,you can keep clinging to this strange theory if you want(you're entitled to your opinion)...it's just weird to see you,of all people,repeatedly assert something with such poor evidence to support it....Ana's problems go FAR deeper than merely losing to JJ

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:59 PM
There you go with that bizarre,unsubstantiated theory on 'demoralizing losses to JJ'.Once again,it's only happened tHREE times,and...

1.the first time she won a title,playing strongly,a short time later
2.the second time she IMPROVED in her next match(vs. Li'l Bepa)...it was still a loss but there was aBSOLUTELY NOTHING about her body language that showed demoralization in the following match.You can't seriously think that Ana's crappy 2008-2009 offseason was caused by personal devastation from losing to JJ at YEC.It was FAR more influenced by her visit to the child pornographers at Rolex where she contracted her Anal Tumor
3.The one loss to JJ where she dID look terrible afterwards was the recent one.As a forensic worker,though,you should realize that a single event DOESN'T constitute a pattern.Furthermore,Ana was mentally out of it EVEN WHILE SHE WAS BEATING JJ...which makes no sense whatsoever...so we can't even conclusively state that the loss was the primary cause of Ana's current funk...though we can agree that it contributed a lot.

Izzy,you can keep clinging to this strange theory if you want(you're entitled to your opinion)...it's just weird to see you,of all people,repeatedly assert something with such poor evidence to support it....Ana's problems go FAR deeper than merely losing to JJ

You are the one making a theory Bruce. I'm not talking about past matches or creating any theory. :shrug: And sure.. Ana's problems are much bigger and deeper and have nothing to do with JJ, which I also said in one of the posts.

All I said is that I think Ana hates to lose to JJ. That's a feeling I have.. :shrug: And that losing to her had an awful effect on Ana.. which is another feeling I have. :shrug: I'm not talking about 2006 or 2008.. Ana was an entirely different person and player back then.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:03 PM
Well we don`t know that :shrug:
I also hope she goes to practice on grass as soon as possible,if she had this great result on clay i can already see Wimbledon will be interesting :o

Yes.. if clay season was such a disaster (fluke Rome apart), imagine grass and US hard courts. Great! :yeah:

Serena is just awful on clay
I really have hard time cheering for her on clay :o She looks so awkward,plays so awkward... just horrible
If JJ wins tomorrow ,congrats to her that`s all .After all she is the best clay court player left in the draw imo

Yes.. Serena is actually pretty insecure on clay. She doesn't move well at all.. Still.. she should have won today, after she managed to turn the second set around. She has been choking MPs lately.. :o

About JJ, agreed. She really should win now.. I don't see her losing to anyone left..

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ana should really get herself some realistic goals and go step by step.. She should not be saying that her immediate goal is to win a Grand Slam. :o And she says exactly that at the Vogue Spain interview that was posted in her web today. :help::tape: No wonder she doesn't even fight in matches.. she probably thought she didn't have a chance to win the tournament anyway, so why bother.. :o

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Yes.. if clay season was such a disaster (fluke Rome apart), imagine grass and US hard courts. Great! :yeah:

Looking forward :bounce:

Yes.. Serena is actually pretty insecure on clay. She doesn't move well at all.. Still.. she should have won today, after she managed to turn the second set around. She has been choking MPs lately.. :o

About JJ, agreed. She really should win now.. I don't see her losing to anyone left..

That`s true :lol:
Ana always says the same things in every interview ...

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:22 PM
You are the one making a theory Bruce. I'm not talking about past matches or creating any theory. :shrug: And sure.. Ana's problems are much bigger and deeper and have nothing to do with JJ, which I also said in one of the posts.

All I said is that I think Ana hates to lose to JJ. That's a feeling I have.. :shrug: And that losing to her had an awful effect on Ana.. which is another feeling I have. :shrug: I'm not talking about 2006 or 2008.. Ana was an entirely different person and player back then.I'm imagining your adorable face:hearts: as you shrug your shoulders while doing THIS(:shrug:) a few times:lol:

Do you remember how I picked Nadal and Dementieva to win last year?At the time,I didn't realize just how weak Nadal's body really was as he adjusted to his first year on Tour without supplements to boost his stamina.However,he played really well on clay at Davis Cup even though he's been a punching bag for top players on every other surface for over a year.I figured that was the one surface where he could hide his loss of power this year and still do well...in fact,he's been SUPERB most of the clay season...which is important for him now that he's a one-dimensional,one-surface player:lol:.Honestly,though,I've begun to dislike him a LOT less now that I see how Ana could've gained a lot from an open,long-term relationship with him.He'd be miles better than the tumorous scum she's with now...and I'll gladly see Rafa win the next TEN RGs.....IF Elena can just have this ONE:p...and aye DO realize;) that her odds aren't as good as Nadal's

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Looking forward :bounce:

Yeah.. Good thing is that it's hard to make US hard courts worse than last year.. She would have to go winless. Which.. is possible.. :sobbing:

That`s true :lol:
Ana always says the same things in every interview ...

She is starting to sound really stupid now though.. I don't think that's good for her in any possible way.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:27 PM
I'm imagining your adorable face:hearts: as you shrug your shoulders while doing THIS(:shrug:) a few times:lol:

Do you remember how I picked Nadal and Dementieva to win last year?At the time,I didn't realize just how weak Nadal's body really was as he adjusted to his first year on Tour without supplements to boost his stamina.However,he played really well on clay at Davis Cup even though he's been a punching bag for top players on every other surface for over a year.I figured that was the one surface where he could hide his loss of power this year and still do well...in fact,he's been SUPERB most of the clay season...which is important for him now that he's a one-dimensional,one-surface player:lol:.Honestly,though,I've begun to dislike him a LOT less now that I see how Ana could've gained a lot from an open,long-term relationship with him.He'd be miles better than the tumorous scum she's with now...and I'll gladly see Rafa win the next TEN RGs.....IF Elena can just have this ONE:p...and aye DO realize;) that her odds aren't as good as Nadal's

I'm hoping for Elena as well.. but I fear that might be bad luck.. everyone I root for loses. :sobbing: Honestly though.. I don't give her much chance.. she has a bum leg, and she was not moving all the best in her last match. Se is fighting hard and that is something to admire! :worship:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM

Yeah.. Good thing is that it's hard to make US hard courts worse than last year.. She would have to go winless. Which.. is possible.. :sobbing:

:lol::sad::tape::lol::o
Please don`t say that :help:

She is starting to sound really stupid now though.. I don't think that's good for her in any possible way.

It sounds stupid ,#50 and hopping to win a GS yeah right :rolleyes:
If she has a disaster W it will be a whole year since the last time she reached 3R not to mention 4R at GSs
And she is talking about winning GS :tape: How about more realistic goal :o

azdaja
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
people, stop being depressive about jj winning a slam :lol: she still hasn't and even if she does i highly doubt it will make her or her fans any more unbearable than they already are. nor do i think that she will become a mental problem for ana. ana is a problem on her own anyway. i'm still not into cheering against a tennis player, that works for me only with football clubs :lol:

i really have no personal preference for any player left in the draw now, but based on past accomplishments i think demented deserves it most.

on men's side i'm glad melzer made it to the semifinal even though i never would have expected it. a friend of mine used to train at the same club when they were kids. i guess we can congratulate nadal on his next title, though.

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
I'm hoping for Elena as well.. but I fear that might be bad luck.. everyone I root for loses. :sobbing: Honestly though.. I don't give her much chance.. she has a bum leg, and she was not moving all the best in her last match. Se is fighting hard and that is something to admire! :worship:'Jang' said that Elena was moving WELL in her last match,and now she's had an extra day to rest.Obviously,that's no guarantee that she'll pull this off,but I don't want her to lose due to injury---only b/c her opponent was better

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
:lol::sad::tape::lol::o
Please don`t say that :help:

It sounds stupid ,#50 and hopping to win a GS yeah right :rolleyes:
If she has a disaster W it will be a whole year since the last time she reached 3R not to mention 4R at GSs
And she is talking about winning GS :tape: How about more realistic goal :o

Yes.. and having a realistic goal and being honest about it can actually do her good. It could help keep her grounded and focused. If you have an unreachable goal, as soon as you see that you won't do it in that opportunity, you feel compelled to not waste more energy.. you just don't have the motivation. If you have small goals, you can go step by step and actually improve.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:49 PM
'Jang' said that Elena was moving WELL in her last match,and now she's had an extra day to rest.Obviously,that's no guarantee that she'll pull this off,but I don't want her to lose due to injury---only b/c her opponent was better

I didn't think she was moving all that well against Petrova. She was fighting hard and Petrova just got into such pain that she almost cried. She really couldn't play in the third set.

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
I didn't think she was moving all that well against Petrova. She was fighting hard and Petrova just got into such pain that she almost cried. She really couldn't play in the third set.So what are you saying??(I'm asking sincerely)Do you mean she's gonna cramp up during a match....or just be too slow,in re leg movement,to be competitive??I'm sure she's not 100% but she's not limping,is she??

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:52 PM
people, stop being depressive about jj winning a slam :lol: she still hasn't and even if she does i highly doubt it will make her or her fans any more unbearable than they already are. nor do i think that she will become a mental problem for ana. ana is a problem on her own anyway. i'm still not into cheering against a tennis player, that works for me only with football clubs :lol:

i really have no personal preference for any player left in the draw now, but based on past accomplishments i think demented deserves it most.

I also think Dementieva deserves it.. She actually has more semis and finals than anyone left.. and more time at the top. She has been in the top 20 for over 10 years now I think.

on men's side i'm glad melzer made it to the semifinal even though i never would have expected it. a friend of mine used to train at the same club when they were kids. i guess we can congratulate nadal on his next title, though.

If the final is against Soderling and Robin plays as well as against Federer, Rafa can get in trouble. I thought he was awful today against Almagro.. all his balls were so short. Almagro's BH can't hold on much to the heavy top spin and he still got all sets into tie breaks. Of course Rafa hates Sod and will fight his heart out.. and a slam final is a slam final.. but Sod can give Rafa a run for his money.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
So what are you saying??(I'm asking sincerely)Do you mean she's gonna cramp up during a match....or just be too slow,in re leg movement,to be competitive??I'm sure she's not 100% but she's not limping,is she??

All I'm saying is that she is not 100% physically.. she can definitely play a whole match and I don't think she will start cramping.. but she is not fully fit.

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:55 PM
i guess we can congratulate nadal on his next title, though.

Don`t jinx him :o
I was really happy when Robin defeated Roger but now not so much .Robin is in great form and plays great
Rafa was not that great today :o

bruce goose
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
All I'm saying is that she is not 100% physically.. she can definitely play a whole match and I don't think she will start cramping.. but she is not fully fit.Well,I agreed with your earlier post that JJ would give her big trouble.However,I don't THINK--though I could be wrong:unsure:--that Jelena is in Elena's head as Henin might be.Elena HAS beaten her twice...and she doesn't have a history of demoralizing losses except for one...that being the USO semi.If she can just keep her cool and swing away...eventually she'll get some openings and overpower JJ on some points....She just can't start panicking as she's done with much of her GS history...can't start pressing and overhitting for UEs when JJ makes a few impressive returns

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Wow! I fully did not expect Stosur to recover after losing that opening set. 8-6 in the third, wow. :bowdown:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
I just saw that I got a bad reputation from MB. :spit: He is a JJ fan obviously.. calls me hypocrite.. :spit: Said I attacked him when he came here? :tape:

I mean.. I can understand JJ fans giving me bad reputation as I'm obviously rooting against her. But call me a hypocrit? WTF? I'm pretty honest and clear with everything.. On the other hand.. I've read MB. (who is lurking now by the way.. Hi MB.!) on the Forty Deuce blog.. :spit: And he says he likes and supports Ana, but doesn't miss the opportunity to bash her. He looooved the fistpump imitation.. That's hypocrisy my friend!

MB. here is the definition of hypocrisy.. you can find yourself identified:

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie.

azdaja
Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
I also think Dementieva deserves it.. She actually has more semis and finals than anyone left.. and more time at the top. She has been in the top 20 for over 10 years now I think.
yeah, i remember when i first realised how consistent she was in this regard i gained a lot of respect for her. i guess because there was a time when considered her overrated now i feel she deserves to win what's missing in her career :o

If the final is against Soderling and Robin plays as well as against Federer, Rafa can get in trouble. I thought he was awful today against Almagro.. all his balls were so short. Almagro's BH can't hold on much to the heavy top spin and he still got all sets into tie breaks. Of course Rafa hates Sod and will fight his heart out.. and a slam final is a slam final.. but Sod can give Rafa a run for his money.

Don`t jinx him :o
I was really happy when Robin defeated Roger but now not so much .Robin is in great form and plays great
Rafa was not that great today :o
well, i wouldn't mind jinxing him :lol: it's not that i dislike him, i think it's boring to see such dominance by one player no matter who he is. and ok, i do expect some people can give him a run for his money, but he will run and get it. i mean, he still hasn't lost a set at this fo, right?

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
@Izzy

:haha:
Definition of hypocrisy :spit:
Ana has a lot of people who love to hate her :lol: But that`s normal with her looks ...

well, i wouldn't mind jinxing him :lol: it's not that i dislike him, i think it's boring to see such dominance by one player no matter who he is. and ok, i do expect some people can give him a run for his money, but he will run and get it. i mean, he still hasn't lost a set at this fo, right?

Rafa still hasn`t lost a set but his opponents weren`t as good as Robin
I get how you feel about Rafa and his dominance i feel the same way about Fed and every GS :o

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
I just saw that I got a bad reputation from MB. :spit: He is a JJ fan obviously.. calls me hypocrite.. :spit: Said I attacked him when he came here? :tape:

I mean.. I can understand JJ fans giving me bad reputation as I'm obviously rooting against her. But call me a hypocrit? WTF? I'm pretty honest and clear with everything.. On the other hand.. I've read MB. (who is lurking now by the way.. Hi MB.!) on the Forty Deuce blog.. :spit: And he says he likes and supports Ana, but doesn't miss the opportunity to bash her. He looooved the fistpump imitation.. That's hypocrisy my friend!

And he was the one who started the latest Ana bashing thread in GM. Hah.

Hoping Lena wins RG.. people think Ana fans can't like her because of the h2h but I really hope she wins.

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Rafa still hasn`t lost a set but his opponents weren`t as good as Robin
I get how you feel about Rafa and his dominance i feel the same way about Fed and every GS :o
yeah, i just find it easier with fed because it's not on just one surface. i'm still welcoming anyone who can break their duopoly, though not as desperately as earlier.

wait, that thread was started by a jj fan? :spit: :haha: :rolls: :tears: i didn't realise that :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM

Hoping Lena wins RG.. people think Ana fans can't like her because of the h2h but I really hope she wins.

I haven't been to GM in ages! He oppened a thread in GM to bash Ana? And comes here and calls me a hypocrite for telling him to stay out of Ana's forum? Yes.. that was all I did.. that and saying he was senseless at Forty Deuce.. :spit: Talk about hypocrisy.. The epitome of it! Had to be a JJ fan..

I like Lena D. :shrug: Hope she wins as well!

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:42 AM
Well, I for one love Lena D, and think that with Serena out if she makes the final she has a real shot.

JJ could be tough but Lena should've won their last match, she's not incapable of beating her if she plays well. As for Stosur, well, I think the idea of being in a slam final would overwhelm her.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
@Izzy

:haha:
Definition of hypocrisy :spit:
Ana has a lot of people who love to hate her :lol: But that`s normal with her looks ...

I understand Ana having haters.. everybody has.. :shrug: But I hate the two faces people... Saying he supports Ana, and bashing her at everysingle opportunity. Loving to see her lose and suffer.. Even opens GM threads to bash her it seems.. And then comes here to call ME hypocrite? WTF! He either doesn't know what hypocrisy is and then really needs the definition I posted, or he lives in the JJland of incoherence. :help:

lestat111
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:45 AM
I love how almost every post here is about JJ, great! :bounce:

SOA_MC
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:48 AM

Can you do anything besides spew out one sentence trolling :bounce:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:49 AM

JJ fans seem to LOVE us.. they all lurk here. :cool:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM
Can you do anything besides spew out one sentence trolling :bounce:

Hey Resistance!

I'm sorry for the other day.. I really felt bad about our little argument after Caro lost.

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM
I don`t mind Elena winning either :shrug: But tbh i don`t give her much chance if she plays against JJ
It would be awful for her to lose 3 GS finals .I think it`s better not to play than to lose like that
I felt terrible for Safina last year and i`m not her fan
If Stosur reaches final i don`t think she will be that nervous .She is 26 years old after all

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:53 AM

Because Jankovic fans never ever speak of Ana. Lol now run along little child.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
I don`t mind Elena winning either :shrug: But tbh i don`t give her much chance if she plays against JJ
It would be awful for her to lose 3 GS finals .I think it`s better not to play than to lose like that
I felt terrible for Safina last year and i`m not her fan
If Stosur reaches final i don`t think she will be that nervous .She is 26 years old after all

Do you think Schiavone will beat Lena D.?

I also felt bad for Safina last year.. losing all these GS finals can be a lot more heartbreaking then losing in a SF.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:55 AM

Kiristea, I love your avatar. Mommy Vera has to be the most adorable tennis parent out there.

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:59 AM
Kiristea, I love your avatar. Mommy Vera has to be the most adorable tennis parent out there.

Yeah, and I feel like this hoping and praying Lena wins :lol:

Also this is the thread he started.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=410813

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone!

After that shit round 2 I just couldn't deal with being an Ana fan for a while :o :lol: I feel bad for turning my back on her but she really made me upset. I'm over it now, I mean, Ana doesn't suck so much on purpose. She wants to be back to her best more than we want her to, I'm sure.

Anyways, I really REALLY hope Stosur wins now. I'm Australian, so of course I'd love it, but I mean, if you beat Henin and Serena back to back in a slam than surely you are the deserving winner. The only other bearable result for me would be Elena winning. I like JJ, but I just don't want her to beat Sam.

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Do you think Schiavone will beat Lena D.?

I also felt bad for Safina last year.. losing all these GS finals can be a lot more heartbreaking then losing in a SF.

Well i didn`t see Schiavone-Caro match but i think Elena should win that match since she is better mover than Caro on clay
Yeah Safina :sad: That`s when i started hating Mats Wilander even more .His comments about Safina were horrible :o

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:09 AM
okay :bounce: :fistpums:

Leave! Here is the door...

http://comboiodecordas.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dark-door.jpg

Goodbye!

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Leave! Here is the door...

http://comboiodecordas.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dark-door.jpg

Goodbye!

AND LEARN TO SPELL: fistpumps

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Fistpums :rolls:

SOA_MC
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
Hey Resistance!

I'm sorry for the other day.. I really felt bad about our little argument after Caro lost.

It wasn't really much a fight :shrug: I get shit everywhere on the board about Caro and I was sick of it. As far you go you were never a main problem, my main problem is certain others who like troll in other parts of the board with nothing actually constructive to say but snide and venomous comments and egg on others who do the same.

Still I'm not coming back I only came because that poster came up as the last poster in this thread on my usercp :dickhead:

I have to go I am suppose to be somewhere 8 minutes ago

28 years old according to his profile :bounce:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone!

After that shit round 2 I just couldn't deal with being an Ana fan for a while :o :lol: I feel bad for turning my back on her but she really made me upset. I'm over it now, I mean, Ana doesn't suck so much on purpose. She wants to be back to her best more than we want her to, I'm sure.

Actually.. I think we want it more than Ana.. How else can you explain her WAGing so much during off season? She obviously doesn't suck on porpose.. but she doesn't fight to avoid sucking either. :shrug:

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Fistpums :lol:

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:15 AM
why cant I be her fan like everybody else...

Because you clearly aren't. Reported you anyways.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:16 AM
It wasn't really much a fight :shrug: I get shit everywhere on the board about Caro and I was sick of it. As far you go you were never a main problem, my main problem is certain others who like troll in other parts of the board with nothing actually constructive to say but snide and venomous comments and egg on others who do the same.

Still I'm not coming back I only came because that poster came up as the last poster in this thread on my usercp and he is a fucking over obsessed Ana freak

I have to go I am suppose to be somewhere 8 minutes ago

Okay! Hope to see you again!

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Actually.. I think we want it more than Ana.. How else can you explain her WAGing so much during off season? She obviously doesn't suck on porpose.. but she doesn't fight to avoid sucking either. :shrug:

I see your point Izzy, but I don't feel like it's our place to question how much she wants it. This will always be my opinion I guess.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, and I feel like this hoping and praying Lena wins :lol:

Also this is the thread he started.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=410813

I'm going to join you and Mommy Vera, hoping and praying!

I'm not going to GM though.. it's bad for my stomach. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:25 AM
Well i didn`t see Schiavone-Caro match but i think Elena should win that match since she is better mover than Caro on clay
Yeah Safina :sad: That`s when i started hating Mats Wilander even more .His comments about Safina were horrible :o

I also think Elena should make the final. She should fight her heart out to win this.. might be her last big chance.

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:25 AM
BTW, all of you who are saying Sam won't beat Jelena because JJ returns more balls and returns serve better and will pin the backhand etc etc. Well you're right, but tbh you're reminding me of all the people who said there is NO WAY Same beats Henin because: reason a, reason b etc and then, there is NO WAY Sam beats Serena... I'm calling this match as 50/50.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
BTW, all of you who are saying Sam won't beat Jelena because JJ returns more balls and returns serve better and will pin the backhand etc etc. Well you're right, but tbh you're reminding me of all the people who said there is NO WAY Same beats Henin because: reason a, reason b etc and then, there is NO WAY Sam beats Serena... I'm calling this match as 50/50.

If Sam is rocking her serve and forehand, she definitely has a shot. I have a feeling she will come out completely flat after such 2 emotional battles and play like crap.. like in the IW semi. :o

I hope she proves me wrong.

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
I see your point Izzy, but I don't feel like it's our place to question how much she wants it. This will always be my opinion I guess.

Why not? I`m curious...:p
People question everything :shrug: even more serious stuff than this

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM

Humm.. Ok... I respect your opinion... Don't share it though.. if we can't question that, then we can't question anything.. and without questioning anything we would just become some of those blind fans that no matter what the idol does, they just bow. I couldn't be more away from that kind of attitude.. so I think anything can be questioned.. especially when it's so obvious.

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:40 AM
Why not? I`m curious...:p
People question everything :shrug: even more serious stuff than this

Yes, please don't misunderstand me, this is just my personal opinion.

I feel this way because as frustrating as it is to follow Ana, it's much easier for us than it is for her. It's easy for us to point out what she should be doing, but very few, if any of us, would be able to heed this advice if put in Ana's situation. I totally spat the dummy after the second round loss, I was so damn pissed off, and I was furious at Ana. Then I thought to myself, grow up, because I'm not the one who went out there on the court and played the match - why should I be angry at Ana, how is my suffering worse than hers? She is the one who lost, not me :lol: As much as we might like to think we know how Ana thinks, we really have no idea what goes through her head, it must be so damn hard to know that you have the game to win a slam but you can't even put a good serve in. I don't know, I'm just able to sympathise with her a lot better now. Or is the word empathy?

Some of you might think my logic is silly, and I get that :wavey:

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM

I feel this way because as frustrating as it is to follow Ana, it's much easier for us than it is for her. It's easy for us to point out what she should be doing, but very few, if any of us, would be able to heed this advice if put in Ana's situation. I totally spat the dummy after the second round loss, I was so damn pissed off, and I was furious at Ana. Then I thought to myself, grow up, because I'm not the one who went out there on the court and played the match - why should I be angry at Ana, how is my suffering worse than hers? She is the one who lost, not me :lol: As much as we might like to think we know how Ana thinks, we really have no idea what goes through her head, it must be so damn hard to know that you have the game to win a slam but you can't even put a good serve in. I don't know, I'm just able to sympathise with her a lot better now. Or is the word empathy?

Ok i understand you very well, your logic is not silly
I see it like this, if i can wake up early to watch her play or stay awake late at night i can as well criticizes,question ,bitch about everything i want.Maybe it`s selfish but that`s how i see it .That`s the point of witting on forum :guessing,analyzing every stupid situation,match :lol: It`s more fun like that
Besides it`s not like we are hurting Ana with this talk

I agree with you that maybe if we were at her place we would make the same mistakes ,who knows
Only difference is that i don`t think she is trying that hard and still slumping .Maybe i`m wrong :o
But i don`t think she can win 3 lousy games against Kleybanova on clay and say she fought hard
Ana is a bit auto destructive ,maybe she did practice hard but she definitely didn`t fought hard in her match :o

The 2nd Law
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:03 AM
I see it like this, if i can wake up early to watch her play or stay awake late at night i can as well criticizes,question ,bitch about everything i want.Maybe it`s selfish but that`s how i see it .That`s the point of witting on forum :guessing,analyzing every stupid situation,match :lol: It`s more fun like that

I agree with you that maybe if we were at her place we would make the same mistakes ,who knows
Only difference is that i don`t think she is trying that hard and still slumping .Maybe i`m wrong :o
But i don`t think she can win 3 lousy games against Kleybanova on clay and say she fought hard
Ana is a bit auto destructive ,maybe she did practice hard but she definitely didn`t fought hard in her match :o

You know, I didn't consider this :lol: You are totally right there, that's for sure.

I will conclude my sentiment with this: I feel like I've just accepted that Ana does NOT have the champion mentality. We've all probably known it for ages, but I only just accepted it this week :lol: I think people underestimate how difficult the mental side of elite sports is. Ana, believe it or not, is normal. Serena and Justine are the odd ones out. I also don't believe the champion mentality can be taught.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:09 AM

Spot on Jelena! That's how I feel too..

Honestly though.. I'm not sure Ana suffers all that much.. It seems to me she is used to losing by now. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:12 AM
You know, I didn't consider this :lol: You are totally right there, that's for sure.

I will conclude my sentiment with this: I feel like I've just accepted that Ana does NOT have the champion mentality. We've all probably known it for ages, but I only just accepted it this week :lol: I think people underestimate how difficult the mental side of elite sports is. Ana, believe it or not, is normal. Serena and Justine are the odd ones out. I also don't believe the champion mentality can be taught.

Yes.. Ana doesn't have it.. but she did use to be one of those players who would put heart in a match. Not anymore.. I don't really expect Ana to dominate tennis, as Serena and Justine do or did. I only hope or hoped for her to play decent tennis again.. Watching her nowadays is like being stung by 10000 bees. It's ugly and painful. Then you go back watching 17 year old Ana.. and no matter how or when, watching her was a pleasure.. such a fluid game. That's what I complain about.

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM

I know :lol:
People see Rafa,Fed,Serena winning so many GS and they think it`s easy ,ofc it`s not :rolleyes:
No one expects her to win many GSs but # 50 in the world and trying hard really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Orbis
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:48 AM
Regarding Stosur vs Jankovic...

Seems to be an interesting match. I watched Stosur recently a bit, and when she's on she seems pretty untouchable. She'll hit ridiculous shots like I've never seen before. On the other hand, she can succumb to nerves and lose her rhythm very quickly. If she plays subpar tennis Jelena will dispose of her quickly, JJ's defense will frustrate Stosur. Basically this match seems like a toss up and I have no idea who will win :unsure:

Curtos07
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:29 AM

:lol: I hate fake fans. JJ fans never cease to amaze me.

Curtos07
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:33 AM

I feel the same way. She does come across as delusional in her pressers and sometimes when she is playing she the fighting spirit may not seem to be there because she is so demoralized but I still believe she cares and wants to win. Her tears after some of her loses are there for a reason. I always am pissed after a loss, but I eventually become sad and depressed and feel nothing but sympathy for Ana.:sad: I guess I am just a totally softie when it comes to her since I love Ana so much. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:40 AM
One thing I just realized, if JJ wins French Open (God don't let it happen please), then we no longer have "Ana's the champion, JJ's not" over the Jankovic-tards. :mad:

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Who cares. Honestly, I liked it better when they cared more about Ana than we did about Jelena. I'm done giving a shit what she does anymore.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Who cares. Honestly, I liked it better when they cared more about Ana than we did about Jelena. I'm done giving a shit what she does anymore.
Good point. I hope Elena will win anyway. I mean come on, she's been playing top-flight tennis for roughly a decade, Sam's very very new to playing at a top level.

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
yeah ana is not really a champion:o she had the champion mentality for a few months, almost a year, maybe it was a fluke:o but yes apart from RG 2007-RG 2008 she showed to be a mental midget. And i guess everyone has a few years/months of their life when they feel invincible and everything seems to be going your way, true champions show in moments of crisis, like Serena, Henin, etc. Ana has a few pains and says she can't practice and stops playing:o so childish:tape:

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Good point. I hope Elena will win anyway. I mean come on, she's been playing top-flight tennis for roughly a decade, Sam's very very new to playing at a top level.

I really hope Elena wins too.. such a good chance. :)

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Wtf :spit: just read that Jankovic fans are reading this thread/forum still...tssss whatever :lol:

I actually would like to see Elena win too, dunno where the whole 'Ana fans hate Dementieva' really started, I don't think there is that much to hate about her beside her service action :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Wtf :spit: just read that Jankovic fans are reading this thread/forum still...tssss whatever :lol:

I actually would like to see Elena win too, dunno where the whole 'Ana fans hate Dementieva' really started, I don't think there is that much to hate about her beside her service action :lol:

yeah they always do, they like gossiping around like their idol:o
What are they saying? I guess despite JJ being in the SF they are still bitter, it's in their nature:o

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
yeah they always do, they like gossiping around like their idol:o
What are they saying? I guess despite JJ being in the SF they are still bitter, it's in their nature:o

Well, I guess it's in her nature so that's why they support her :shrug:

Curtos07
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:42 AM

I don't get that either. The only thing I dislike about Elena Dementieva is the fact that Kworb is her biggest fan. If he likes her, then it makes me suspicious if I should root for her. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Well, I guess it's in her nature so that's why they support her :shrug:
lol :worship:

Pops Maellard
I don't get that either. The only thing I dislike about Elena Dementieva is the fact that Kworb is her biggest fan. If he likes her, then it makes me suspicious if I should root for her. :lol:
No way, there's no bigger Elena fan than Miffedmax lol. :p

Curtos07
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
No way, there's no bigger Elena fan than Miffedmax lol. :p

True. Isn't she the one who constantly talks about Lena's bangs? :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
True. Isn't she the one who constantly talks about Lena's bangs? :lol:
Yeah he used to but he stopped this year lol

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM

That does seem to be a thing, they all hate Ana because she was number 1 and had a slam without ever beating Elena (until now :p) But I don't think many Ana fans really dislike her.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Elena's not exactly easy to dislike lol.

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
i agree. i never cared about her and my opinion about her may have changed for the worse, but we used to talk about her bitter fans more than about her. to be fair quite a few posts are still about her fans and not about her, but i'm not digging this hoping that jj won't win here because that's stooping to their level :o i mean, indirectly i'm hoping for that too, but that's only because there is one player in the draw who i think deserves it more. if lena d loses against schiavone then rg is over for me on the wta side. if jj wins it, ok. whatever.

in general i think it's better to have arguments in gm than here, so go out and fight like real men, everyone :p it's easy to talk in the safety of your home.

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
One added comment on mentality:We can agree that it's hard to teach the champion's mindset to players once they leave childhood;the mentality is instilled in them when they're young and,in some cases,almost seems inborn.However,you can be slightly below that classic champion's mindset and still be very succesful.I don't think anyone would compare Mary Pierce to the all-time toughest champions...and yet she won 2 Slams and came close several other times....so not being Serena wouldn't stop Ana from reaching her potential....IF she were a lot more dedicated

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
You watching Lena, Bruce? Come over to Fanclub thread and do some live scoring. :D

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
This match shows why Lena D. has so much trouble with counter punchers.. not that Schiavone is one, she isn't really.. but as long as she manages to make Lena D. hit one more ball, she misses it.

What a way to mess up the last 2 games.. :help:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
It's really windy today.. should not be good for Stosur.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Lena's making heaps of errors today. But her first serve % is good.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Lena's making heaps of errors today. But her first serve % is good.

Too many UEs.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
WTF?! is Dementieva doing in the tie break? It would be hilarious if it was not sad.. Has she become the drop lob queen? :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Oh Lena... She retired.. :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Imagine if Schiavone wins RG.. :spit: It would be so awesome.. :spit: Expose how ridiculous the tournament has been. Then we would have gone full circle with this clay season.. MJMS winning Rome, Rezai winning Madrid, and Schiavone winning RG. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Oh Lena... She retired.. :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Imagine if Schiavone wins RG.. :spit: It would be so awesome.. :spit: Expose how ridiculous the tournament has been. Then we would have gone full circle with this clay season.. MJMS winning Rome, Rezai winning Madrid, and Schiavone winning RG. :spit:

I mean.. JJ is definitely winning it now.. but this clay season has been so ridiculous no doubt.

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Poor Elena, I feel bad for her :sad:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
God dammit. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Poor Elena, I feel bad for her :sad:

Me too.. :sobbing:

WTF happened to her though? It was all of a sudden..

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Omg. What happened?? :sobbing:. Lena had her chances :sobbing:.

Even Fran was shocked.

No Medical time out? She just gave up?. She seemed fine in the first set. Did the pressure get to her? :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Omg. What happened?? :sobbing:. Lena had her chances :sobbing:.

Even Fran was shocked.

No Medical time out? She just gave up?. She seemed fine in the first set. Did the pressure get to her? :sobbing:

I really don't understand what happened.. she played a very weird tie break.. but it was all of a sudden..

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I really don't understand what happened.. she played a very weird tie break.. but it was all of a sudden..

:sobbing:. I feel really bad for Lena. This was her slam to win. I just wish she was healthy.

Oh Sam! Please, please, please do your job today, keep your head together and win the match. You can do it:kiss:

This clay season has been weird:lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I've got a really bad feeling about this...throughout the whole match, Lena just looked away with the fairies. She had this goofy smile on her face the whole time and to me it looked like she was playing an exhibition match. I don't know.

That along with the apparent match-fixing in Warsaw is really really weird. I've got a really bad feeling the 'R' word won't be too far away.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
I've got a really bad feeling about this...throughout the whole match, Lena just looked away with the fairies. She had this goofy smile on her face the whole time and to me it looked like she was playing an exhibition match. I don't know.

That along with the apparent match-fixing in Warsaw is really really weird. I've got a really bad feeling the 'R' word won't be too far away.

Really?

I don't know.. she was probably just in pain from the injuries she has been nursing during the entire tournament. :shrug:

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
R word? :p

The draw at RG this year was ridiculous. You might as well give JJ the title now.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Really?

I don't know.. she was probably just in pain from the injuries she has been nursing during the entire tournament. :shrug:
She didn't just have the look that she was injured. For starters do injured players have a goofy smile the entire match? :shrug:

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
No there was a moment you could see she injured her calf. She pulled up on it bad then had to almost stop immediately, they showed it on my coverage. You saw her midpoint fall back on her heel a bit then she pulled her leg up straight away. I could tell something went bad.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
No there was a moment you could see she injured her calf. She pulled up on it bad then had to almost stop immediately, they showed it on my coverage. You saw her midpoint fall back on her heel a bit then she pulled her leg up straight away. I could tell something went bad.
Yeah I saw the same replay. :sad:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
I have a feeling this match will be as awful as the IW semi between JJ and Sam.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
It would be better for the WTA if JJ won the FO because it would validate her previous #1 ranking, but I still don't want her to win. :lol:

Hope Sam wins now.

Fran's celebration after Lena's match annoyed me. :mad: Usually when you win by retirement you don't look so happy :tape: even if it is in a GS semi. :\

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM

Indeed.. so far, so awful.. :o

Sam's returns of JJ's second serves are to laugh at. She is very erractic..

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Sam's starting to grow on me 'cause she plays like some of my ATP faves. :rolls:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
I think Sam will win this. It's easy to say as she's up 3-1 now, but she's obviously keeping the level up. :p And Sam VS Schiavone in the final (:lol:), I think Sam will crush her...

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Sam up 5-1 after what seems like 10 mins. :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Francesca is in the final!!!! OMG!!!!:lol: caan't believe it... I love her but still, this RG is a bit of a joke:spit:

Forza Stosur!

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
JJ didn't hit one single winner in the first set.. :spit:

She hit 3 in the first game of the second set.. I'm sure she will fight hard now.

Sam has to keep hitting bombs with her serve.. things can get really tough now.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
JJ up 2-0 now. Come on Sam. :mad:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
UGH Sam.. Lost serve now.. I think she got nervous now.. :help:

Jankovic playing better though.. just screamed Ajde. :spit:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Sam broke back. :cool:

Anyway, the FO is basically over for me now. Only Soderling left and that's tomorrow night. So I'm off to bed. :bigwave:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
what a weird match:eek: but sam stosur has so much power, it looks like a man playing against a woman... also her BH has improved a lot:eek:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
OMg stosur is GOAT, ridiculous shots:lol::worship:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
is jankovic wearing make up?:tape::lol: she is playing awfully:help:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Sam needs to find her first serve again.. otherwise she will struggle to hold everytime.

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
jankovic is playing club level now, shameful:tape::lol::help:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:49 PM
jankovic can't handle power all, she looks so bad:help:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
WOW SAM!

:worship:

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
:woohoo: Sam! I'd like to say I was right :p But no, really happy, no slam for Jankovic.

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
SAM!!! Wow, completely destroyed JJ. Wooohoooo!

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
:woohoo: Sam! I'd like to say I'm right :p

You were right David! I give you the props! :worship:

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
You were right David! I give you the props! :worship:

:lol: I have almost never been happier to be right!

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
jankovic is playing club level now, shameful:tape::lol::help:

Yes.. WTF? I thought JJ would seize the opportunity and play out of her skin.. but wow.. she was so awful. Really.. so many errors. Obviously Sam played well, and served well.. but JJ was playing club level.

An opportunity like this to win a slam doesn't appear all the time..

gaviotabr
:lol: I have almost never been happier to be right!

I'm also happy you were right! :yeah:

spiritedenergy
sam:worship::worship::worship:

JJ was pathetic, no slam for you, she surely doesn't deserve one:lol::wavey:

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
This goes to show you why JJ will never win a slam. Totally outclassed today. Sam is just amazing.

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Yes.. WTF? I thought JJ would seize the opportunity and play out of her skin.. but wow.. she was so awful. Really.. so many errors. Obviously Sam played well, and served well.. but JJ was playing club level.

An opportunity like this to win a slam doesn't appear all the time..

She probably flipped when she saw Schiavone won, and didn't know how to handle the chance, whereas Stosur just played her normal game and it was way too good. Jankovic was just too scared to hit to Stosur's forehand, so she never hit her backhand down the line and she just can't penetrate with it cross court.

Dexter
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
The final I wanted from the QFs... so happy for Sam and I really hope she wins the title on Saturday. :yeah:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
She probably flipped when she saw Schiavone won, and didn't know how to handle the chance, whereas Stosur just played her normal game and it was way too good. Jankovic was just too scared to hit to Stosur's forehand, so she never hit her backhand down the line and she just can't penetrate with it cross court.

I nominate David as our top notch tennis commentator! :lol:

Yes.. maybe JJ put too much pressure on herself after seeing how great of an opportunity she had at a major title. Sam was playing well.. but JJ hardly took her out of her comfort zone.

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
I nominate David as our top notch tennis commentator! :lol:

Yes.. maybe JJ put too much pressure on herself after seeing how great of an opportunity she had at a major title. Sam was playing well.. but JJ hardly took her out of her comfort zone.

:spit:

But I thought Jankovic came out with the right game plan in the first game, she attacked the second serve by taking it early, but she never did it again except at the start of the second set. That was the game she needed to play, but she totally backed off from it almost right away, and we only saw it in the one more game where she broke. Stosur didn't even serve that well today, Jankovic just mistimed every return and took a negative return stance. Dunno why, I mean I'm happy about it but it worked for her in the first game and when she broke.

But I must say, seeing her let rip that big ajde after breaking for 2-0 and then never winning one more game does feel kind of good :lol: ;)

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
You watching Lena, Bruce? Come over to Fanclub thread and do some live scoring. :DAaron,aye WOULD have watched but I had to go to work...maybe it's for the best.I've got nothing against Francesca,yet I feel that a 100% healthy Elena wins that match...and would have a decent chance against Sammy in the final.Of course,I don't have tons of evidence to support that,given Lena's GS history...but we can dream,right?(sigh)Elena has her Olympic Gold so,as far as I'm concerned,she can start a family with Maxim if she wants.If haters don't wanna count her Beijing triumph as a Slam,then....Chinga Madre!!!She's a true warrior queen:angel: for making it as far as she did with her bum leg

Jang87
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Those Ajdes do not suit JJ at all. Leave them to Ana please :lol:.

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
OMG :haha:
JJ :worship: Thank you for reminding me what you are made off :lol: What was that ?No game plan at all :lol:

Match duration :56 mins :haha:
If i was in the crowd today i would ask for my money back .This was so not worthy of a GS SF:tape::o

Wow what a final :eek::lol:
I really don`t care who wins ,but since we have so many aussies here and Sam had such a great run... Go Sam :lol:

David,you were right :worship: But who would have thought JJ would play like this and not even show up :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
in like stosur game because it's like ana's at the 10th power, serve and forehand, a lot of power, net play, good movement. But when on the run she tends to frame her shots a lot it seems... she has to work on that if she wants to be a contender on other surfaces

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM

But I thought Jankovic came out with the right game plan in the first game, she attacked the second serve by taking it early, but she never did it again except at the start of the second set. That was the game she needed to play, but she totally backed off from it almost right away, and we only saw it in the one more game where she broke. Stosur didn't even serve that well today, Jankovic just mistimed every return and took a negative return stance. Dunno why, I mean I'm happy about it but it worked for her in the first game and when she broke.

Yes.. I realised that.. Sam actually served better against Serena yesterday.. but JJ just couldn't anticipate any serve.. It's like you said.. she backed off from taking the serve early.. not sure why. Also.. I thought JJ was making too many UEs, which is death to her game.. she thrives on consistency.. can't afford errors. Maybe Sam was just not giving her any rhythm.

But I must say, seeing her let rip that big ajde after breaking for 2-0 and then never winning one more game does feel kind of good :lol: ;)

That was kind of funny.. the loud ajde.. :lol:

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Yes.. I realised that.. Sam actually served better against Serena yesterday.. but JJ just couldn't anticipate any serve.. It's like you said.. she backed off from taking the serve early.. not sure why. Also.. I thought JJ was making too many UEs, which is death to her game.. she thrives on consistency.. can't afford errors. Maybe Sam was just not giving her any rhythm.

That was kind of funny.. the loud ajde.. :lol:

No she had no rhythm at all, it was actually just a really boring match to watch. I hardly got interested in it beyond the point of hoping Jankovic would lose...she just made heaps of errors :lol:

The ajde was hilarious :lol: I was like ohhh, I thought you don't do that, so the match can be fair? :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM

But I must say, seeing her let rip that big ajde after breaking for 2-0 and then never winning one more game does feel kind of good :lol: ;)Don't forget,Dave,that AYE also thought Sam had a MUCH better chance than other posters were giving her....Izzy's going to be so horny without Caro and JJ in the final.I can see Contador Zorro going over to her house and getting one of THESE looks::drool::hearts::lick::kiss::D...and then he'll think to himself,"Damn!Where did THIS come from?...Not that I'm complaining:devil::p."

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Don't forget,Dave,that AYE also thought Sam had a MUCH better chance than other posters were giving her....Izzy's going to be so horny without Caro and JJ in the final.I can see Contador Zorro going over to her house and getting one of THESE looks::drool::hearts::lick::kiss::D...and then he'll think to himself,"Damn!Where did THIS come from?...Not that I'm complaining:devil::p."

:spit: You have quite an imagination ;)

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
No she had no rhythm at all, it was actually just a really boring match to watch. I hardly got interested in it beyond the point of hoping Jankovic would lose...she just made heaps of errors :lol:

The ajde was hilarious :lol: I was like ohhh, I thought you don't do that, so the match can be fair? :lol:

This :lol:
But she started using it a long time ago :o I hope she stops it`s so not her thing :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:29 PM
in like stosur game because it's like ana's at the 10th power, serve and forehand, a lot of power, net play, good movement. But when on the run she tends to frame her shots a lot it seems... she has to work on that if she wants to be a contender on other surfaces

You just reminded me of Serena.. When she lost to Stosur at last years Stanford, Serena said Sam was a framer and hit lots of lucky shots. But she remarked: "Hey! She obviously mastered that.. it's all talent!" :spit:

I agree that Sam's game looks a bit like old Ana's game. Great serve followed by great forehand.. always moving foward, good net play.

I also noticed how heavy Stosur's shots are.. they have a lot of weight in them. That's really important on clay.. that's one of the reasons for Nadal's success.. his shots are very heavy. It gets hard for the opponent to handle. Old Ana also had very heavy shots.. ou could see the weight of the ball every time she would hit a shot.. it wasn't fast as say.. Sharapova's shots.. but it was really heavy. Unfortunately, when we watch Ana play now, we can see how she lost her weight of shot.. her balls are not heavy nor fast, so they can easily be redirected.

Actually.. today's match between JJ and Sam reminded me a bit of Ana beating Sharapova in the 2007 RG semi.

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM

:lol: Yeah.. where is the fair play according to the JJ Book of rules? :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
This :lol:
But she started using it a long time ago :o I hope she stops it`s so not her thing :lol:

It sounds a bit weird true.. Not her thing.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
OMG :haha:
JJ :worship: Thank you for reminding me what you are made off :lol: What was that ?No game plan at all :lol:

Match duration :56 mins :haha:
If i was in the crowd today i would ask for my money back .This was so not worthy of a GS SF:tape::o

Wow what a final :eek::lol:
I really don`t care who wins ,but since we have so many aussies here and Sam had such a great run... Go Sam :lol:

David,you were right :worship: But who would have thought JJ would play like this and not even show up :lol:

Hey Jelena!

I think at this point.. beating Henin and Serena.. Sam deserves it. She is playing the tournament of her life..

I agree that today's SFs were so no worth the money.. :spit: A retirement and a drubling..

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
:spit: You have quite an imagination ;)Just wondering,Dave: Does Sammy speak Spanish at all??I don't know if they had Fed and Kuzy do any events at RG this time as they did with Ana and Nadal LAST year...but they might always do that routine again.I'm just picturing the clueless look on Rafa's face as he tries to understand Sam:lol:;he's not the sharpest tack in the drawer from the get-go...and when you factor in Sam's thick Aussie accent,he'll be sitting there like:confused::confused::confused::confused:"I no unnerstan da words you say to me,Soomanta."

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hey Jelena!

I think at this point.. beating Henin and Serena.. Sam deserves it. She is playing the tournament of her life..

I agree that today's SFs were so no worth the money.. :spit: A retirement and a drubling..

Who would have thought that Sam might win GS before Elene,JJ,Diara :eek:
I didn`t watch first match,too bad Elena had to retire

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Just wondering,Dave: Does Sammy speak Spanish at all??I don't know if they had Fed and Kuzy do any events at RG this time as they did with Ana and Nadal LAST year...but they might always do that routine again.I'm just picturing the clueless look on Rafa's face as he tries to understand Sam:lol:;he's not the sharpest tack in the drawer from the get-go...and when you factor in Sam's thick Aussie accent,he'll be sitting there like:confused::confused::confused::confused:"I no unnerstan da words you say to me,Soomanta."

:lol: no, it isn't like a culture here to learn languages at all, and if we do decide to learn one, it is usually Japanese during school. So I would say the only spanish words she knows are very very basic :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
You just reminded me of Serena.. When she lost to Stosur at last years Stanford, Serena said Sam was a framer and hit lots of lucky shots. But she remarked: "Hey! She obviously mastered that.. it's all talent!" :spit:

I agree that Sam's game looks a bit like old Ana's game. Great serve followed by great forehand.. always moving foward, good net play.

I also noticed how heavy Stosur's shots are.. they have a lot of weight in them. That's really important on clay.. that's one of the reasons for Nadal's success.. his shots are very heavy. It gets hard for the opponent to handle. Old Ana also had very heavy shots.. ou could see the weight of the ball every time she would hit a shot.. it wasn't fast as say.. Sharapova's shots.. but it was really heavy. Unfortunately, when we watch Ana play now, we can see how she lost her weight of shot.. her balls are not heavy nor fast, so they can easily be redirected.

Actually.. today's match between JJ and Sam reminded me a bit of Ana beating Sharapova in the 2007 RG semi.

yeah i read serena's comments yesterday:lol::p
but she is right, when on the run sometimes stosur makes awful errors and framed shots... i guess it's nerves because she can move very well... i don't really know... but on clay she has all the time to set up her killer shots, especially when facing puffballs like today

jelenacg
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
I have to say i thought this might happened when we received a visit from certain fan last night :lol:
Seriously that`s like totally jinxing your player :spit::lol:
Should have waited for JJ to win and then to come here and gloat :lol:

doni1212
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Justice was finally served, :worship:

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I have to say i thought this might happened when we received a visit from certain fan last night :lol:
Seriously that`s like totally jinxing your player :spit::lol:
Should have waited for JJ to win and then to come here and gloat :lol:

who was she? well JJ fans:

suck it!:lol::p

spiritedenergy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
i actually really like stosur, such a low key, demure person, sweet smile, i love her attacking game too... finally the good is back winning against the evil in the WTA:lol::p

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
who woulda thunk it. stosur vs schianonne in the final of french open.

i saw both matches, jj was quite pathetic most of the time and samantha deserves this final. and given that she beat sum big names on her way there she deserves the title more than franceska.

i almost (but only almost) feel sorry for jj fans, this title was hers for taking.

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Justice was finally served, :worship:....And when you say that,I assume that you're ALSO referring to Sammy's 4th Round victim;)

I know that it's absurd,folks,to imagine Dinara winning a Slam someday....The only 2 things that make it remotely conceivable are: (1)She's gotten within one step on 3 occasions;and (2)Players like Novotna and Majoli have pulled big surprises,too.If Dinarik DID manage to pull it off,then I'd send a check to some smart-ass journalist as an incentive for,"So,Jelena,now that Dinara has won a Slam,does that make YOU the most fraudulent #1 ever?".....The reaction would be priceless:lol:,yet that might also increase her venom towards Ana:eek:

Nikkiri
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
who woulda thunk it. stosur vs schianonne in the final of french open.

i saw both matches, jj was quite pathetic most of the time and samantha deserves this final. and given that she beat sum big names on her way there she deserves the title more than franceska.

i almost (but only almost) feel sorry for jj fans, this title was hers for taking.

Indeed.

Dexter
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
i almost (but only almost) feel sorry for jj fans, this title was hers for taking.Almost is the key word there. :lol: And hell, I don't.

Davodus
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Almost is the key word there. :lol: And hell, I don't.

neither do I :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:47 PM
neither do I :lol:Another question from the press that'll go over well at Castle Jankovic: "Though your mom is right that Ana HAS been in terrible form lately,Serbia lost the tie with the Slovaks,3-2,because YOU couldn't beat Hantuchova on clay...even in front of your home crowd...isn't that right,Jelena?".....:p:p:p

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:07 PM

At least you were right about that ;)

How many chances does JJ need? Another slam she didn't win.
At Wimbledon she has no chance for sure. Sisters are not in the same half, so pretty good chance for a final again.

Stosur wins her slam but probably won't be nr 1.
And JJ still doesn't have her slam. At least a good ending about this RG.

Hopefully Nadal will be nr 1 after RG.

Curtos07
Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
OMG! Now I wished I stayed up for this match! :lol: I am so happy Stosur won! Disaster avoided!

gaviotabr
Jun 3rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
So... Stosur x Schiavone.

I think Sam will win. Very deserved.. she had the toughest draw and came out firing. Still.. hard to imagine Sam Stosur grand slam champion. A bit weird to me I must say.. :lol:

bruce goose
Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:30 PM

I think Sam will win. Very deserved.. she had the toughest draw and came out firing. Still.. hard to imagine Sam Stosur grand slam champion. A bit weird to me I must say.. :lol:Yeah,practically no one on Earth picked that precise final...though I'm sure that many felt that the Stosur half of that pairing was quite possible.Samantha has shown that her RG 2009 semi was no fluke at all,and I'll bet the confidence gained in that run has served her well for THIS year's RG.In fact,if Samantha wins Saturday,you could say that she was THAT close to back-to-back RG titles.She lost to the seasoned Sveta in the '09 semis but,if she HAD beaten Kuzy,does anyone doubt that she would've smashed Dinara in the final??It gives me no pleasure to say that...yet I saw Dinara's terrified face as she was in the waiting area before coming on court...that match was lost 'fore it even began...and I don't believe that she would've fared any better vs. Stosur than she did vs. Sveta:o

Orbis
Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
UGH Sam.. Lost serve now.. I think she got nervous now.. :help:

Jankovic playing better though.. just screamed Ajde. :spit:

:lol: Ana would have been proud of that one...

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Ding dong the witch is gone! :woohoo:

Nikkiri
Jun 4th, 2010, 09:18 AM

I think Sam will win. Very deserved.. she had the toughest draw and came out firing. Still.. hard to imagine Sam Stosur grand slam champion. A bit weird to me I must say.. :lol:

More weird to have Schiavone as a slam champ though :lol:

Adrian1092
Jun 4th, 2010, 09:26 AM

:lol: :woohoo: Best event of RG so far :lol:

The 2nd Law
Jun 4th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I knew Sam would beat JJ :) I'm more worried about the final, she will be nervous as all hell, and Fran has looked so fired up all tournament long. Please keep your cool Sam, it would be a tragedy if she didn't win it now.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:31 AM
More weird to have Schiavone as a slam champ though :lol:

That's true.. :spit:

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I think if Soderling makes the final he will win. Nadal's not been sharp and I think he'd get beaten my Soderling again. It'll be cool to have a new champion on the men's tour as well. :p

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I think if Soderling makes the final he will win. Nadal's not been sharp and I think he'd get beaten my Soderling again. It'll be cool to have a new champion on the men's tour as well. :p

I'm thinking that's a strong possibility.. Soderling is killing every single short ball.

But Rafa would fight his heart out, because I'm sure the last thing he wants on Earth is to lose to Soderling again..

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking that's a strong possibility.. Soderling is killing every single short ball.

But Rafa would fight his heart out, because I'm sure the last thing he wants on Earth is to lose to Soderling again..
I so want Robin to win though, he's not only one of my faves but I really want as many people as possible to break the deadlock Nadal and Federer have on the slams. Djokovic hasn't looked a slam contender for a long time unfortunately, and Del Potro is of course injured and out for pretty much the whole year.

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The whole Henin/Wimbledon thing will be interesting. It's basically the reason she came back. But I don't think she'll win it. I think the WS will continue their hold on Wimbledon...

So I'm wondering what will she do if she doesn't win it...be unmotivated or what? :confused:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
The whole Henin/Wimbledon thing will be interesting. It's basically the reason she came back. But I don't think she'll win it. I think the WS will continue their hold on Wimbledon...

So I'm wondering what will she do if she doesn't win it...be unmotivated or what? :confused:

I think she will keep on playing... be motivated for next year.. and next year.. I'm sure she knows she might not win it now, but she came back to win it eventually. :shrug:

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Soderling and Berdych are such similar players.

azdaja
Jun 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Almost is the key word there. :lol:
yeah ;) well, they have never made it easy to sympathise with them. but gone are the days when the rivalry between ana fans and jj fans was a one-sided affair. we talk about jj here and celebrate her losses. i don't think things should have gone that way, but jj mocking ana was just too much for most, i guess.

srebotnik and zimonjic won the mixed doubles title. zimonjic is the only serb who is winning gs titles these days.

Pops Maellard
Jun 4th, 2010, 12:05 PM
yeah ;) well, they have never made it easy to sympathise with them. but gone are the days when the rivalry between ana fans and jj fans was a one-sided affair. we talk about jj here and celebrate her losses. i don't think things should have gone that way, but jj mocking ana was just too much for most, i guess.

srebotnik and zimonjic won the mixed doubles title. zimonjic is the only serb who is winning gs titles these days.
Novak should be winning slams, but I don't know WTF goes on in his brain these days. He's Top 5 still but he's been in decline for a while. Not sure what he can do to get his old level back.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Now Soderling starts making those stupid UEs and gets broken.

Berdych is serving really well though.

They are indeed similar players.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Soderling is gone from the match.. :spit:

Berdych playing steady..

MM_1257
Jun 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM

Berdych playing steady..

Easier job for Rafa in the final :p
I think Robin gave his everything in match against Federer...

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Berdych playing steady..

No jinxing please! :lol:

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Easier job for Rafa in the final :p
I think Robin gave his everything in match against Federer...

hey :armed:

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM
hey :armed:

Sorry :lol:

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry :lol:

well, it's gonna go to 5 now anyway, so he might still get Soderling ;)

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
well, it's gonna go to 5 now anyway, so he might still get Soderling ;)

They are playing similar tennis so i guess only few points will decide in the end
Match is boring imo :o Both of them can play way better than this

Davodus
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
They are a bad matchup for eachother because they play exactly the same :lol:

jelenacg
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Robin won and he cried a little bit :lol: