View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

The 2nd Law
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
JJ - Lucie is going to be amaze :help: :hearts:

HowardH
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM
:spit:

Is JJ injured? Nobody gets an abreviated motion without reason... This one looks even worse than the one Ana had during US Open series 2009.

Not that we know. :shrug: I don't think she would play so many tournaments if she was injured actually. And that change happened recently, we didn't notice that weird motion in Asia. I have no idea why she was changing it. That technique is so weird and she sends the serve at the same place every time.

Just saw the last game on youtube. What the heck is that serve JJ? :help: It doesn't even help her toss accurately, her toss is not far in front enough now, and there is no pace either. It's good that she's looking for solutions but this is not the right one.

I presume she will come to fed cup with a different action than that.

The good thing for her is that Lucie is a pretty bad returner so any half decent serve will be okay. All the fed cup players are in slightly off form so I wonder who will be able to lift for the final?

Cajka
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
It looked better in the beginning of the match, it got weaker after. That's something I noticed about her matches since the time she started working with Krajan. In the beginning of the match her serve often looks good, but after some time it becomes weaker. It's also interesting that Petko's coach said few time that JJ was very tired. He was saying: Look at her, she's dead, she can't breathe, be intense, but not passive. Be intense, that's the only game you can play. Stay intense in a longer point, it will be rewarding and it will bring you more than one point, because she's done, she's dead."

gaviotabr
Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'm just going to say that I hope this Kvitova shows up to play Fed Cup!

HowardH
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Petra withdrew from YEC citing acute bronchitis. Now recovering and preparing for fed cup.

gaviotabr
Oct 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
One amazing day at the YEC today. Vika-Kerber and Masha-Aga were epics. Vika-Kerber is a whole highlight heel worthy of a match. :worship:

marineblue
Oct 25th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm just going to say that I hope this Kvitova shows up to play Fed Cup!

Don't be mean.:o

Frozenn
Oct 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM
A sign in Istanbul.

http://instagram.com/p/RSIpQEN5s9

fANAtic
Oct 31st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Now Novak can come to Prague like he wanted.

fANAtic
Oct 31st, 2012, 06:39 PM
:lol:

http://i48.tinypic.com/330uxi8.jpg

The guy on the old photo is Novak Djokovic, a distant relative of, you guessed it, Novak Djokovic. Apparently, Nole got his name after him.
This reminds me of that Nicholas Cage photo from the 19th century.

Cajka
Oct 31st, 2012, 10:04 PM
Now Novak can come to Prague like he wanted.

that avi :hysteric:

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Woke up to the news that Serena lost.. I know she was injured and all, but Sloane must have been ready to take the chance.

I feel like anyone can have a win against the big time players, except Ana.. :sobbing: I bet if it was Ana on the other side of the net, Serena's fight and will would've been intimidating enough to get her to miss the chance.. :sobbing:

When was the last time Ana actually beat a top player in good form? It doesnt even have to be some legend.. Ana's only win was against Venus at AO. And we all know how she choked match after match to Kim.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Woke up to the news that Serena lost.. I know she was injured and all, but Sloane must have been ready to take the chance.

I feel like anyone can have a win against the big time players, except Ana.. :sobbing: I bet if it was Ana on the other side of the net, Serena's fight and will would've been intimidating enough to get her to miss the chance.. :sobbing:

When was the last time Ana actually beat a top player in good form? It doesnt even have to be some legend.. Ana's only win was against Venus at AO. And we all know how she choked match after match to Kim.. :sobbing:

I'm sure that almost every player from top 20 would lose to Serena yesterday, except maybe Bartoli.

Ana'sProcess
Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:42 AM

Well, she beat Wozniacki and Bartoli in IW last march to reach semis. Wozniacki was falling slowly it is true, but Bartoli was strong at that moment. I think Woz was #4 and Bartoli #7 when Ana beat them. However, I think that RG will be maybe crucial for the answer on your question. It is a GS where Ana played highlights of career and 5 years later we will have the answer if she has a chance to be a contender on Majors again. Personally, my wish is that Ana wins at least one more GS before she retires in a few years. Being a former #1 with two GS titles would be great, although her career is already good enough. I mean, it is Ana Ivanovic. Everyone will remember her no matter what. :worship: I don't think that rankings is so important for former #1 players, but GS results always are. ;)

Cajka
Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Well, she beat Wozniacki and Bartoli in IW last march to reach semis. Wozniacki was falling slowly it is true, but Bartoli was strong at that moment. I think Woz was #4 and Bartoli #7 when Ana beat them.

Her biggest wins during the last few years were over JJ, Caro, Vera, Bartoli and Kvitova.
But she choked too many times.

Ana'sProcess
Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Her biggest wins during the last few years were over JJ, Caro, Vera, Bartoli and Kvitova.
But she choked too many times.

Do you agree that this year is crucial for Ana when it comes to Grand slams? I think that she needs to prove herself she can go very deep and become a contender for the GS title again. In later years it will be much more difficult I think. I know Ana will win more WTA titles later, I also expect she will have another big success when she matures a bit more, in 27 or 28, I really believe that will be the period when her head will be completely calm, but will her body be ready for 7 consecutive wins? My personal wish is that Ana conquers another GS title and I think chance for that is either 2013 or 2014.

Cajka
Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Do you agree that this year is crucial for Ana when it comes to Grand slams? I think that she needs to prove herself she can go very deep and become a contender for the GS title again. In later years it will be much more difficult I think. I know Ana will win more WTA titles later, I also expect she will have another big success when she matures a bit more, in 27 or 28, I really believe that will be the period when her head will be completely calm, but will her body be ready for 7 consecutive wins? My personal wish is that Ana conquers another GS title and I think chance for that is either 2013 or 2014.

Her biggest chance is RG, IMO. But she must make a big breakthrough this year to be in position to compete for the title next season. I expect big changes in top 10 this year. Ana should focus on improving, there will be empty spots in top 10. This season is a key. She will either make a huge step and put herself in position to be a slam contender next year or she'll stay a mere top 15 player. Main goals should be: a Premier title, 2 QFs of slams (RG and USO) and qualifying for YEC.

Harry.
Jan 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
So who do you guys want to win the final? Li all the way :cheer: I love Maria, but Li was absolutely brilliant today, possibly the best match I have ever seen her play :drool: Also looks as relaxed as I've ever seen her. Hopefully she can pull this out :bounce: Although I may turn out becoming a little pressed over the fact that one of these two will have one slam more than Ana (especially if it's Vika) :o :oh:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM
So who do you guys want to win the final? Li all the way :cheer: I love Maria, but Li was absolutely brilliant today, possibly the best match I have ever seen her play :drool: Also looks as relaxed as I've ever seen her. Hopefully she can pull this out :bounce: Although I may turn out becoming a little pressed over the fact that one of these two will have one slam more than Ana (especially if it's Vika) :o :oh:

I honestly don't care who wins.. :shrug:

And yeah.. one of these 2 will be a multiple slam winner while Ana will forever be a one slam wonder.. :sobbing:

Oh what could've been if Ana had a brain and real dedication... :sobbing:

Cajka
Jan 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM

I'm sure it's gonna be Vika and it makes me miserable.

Ana'sProcess
Jan 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Li is going to win this whole thing guys. Ana will not stay one Slam wonder! She will win Slam again. :)

Cp6uja
Jan 24th, 2013, 11:23 PM
And yeah.. one of these 2 will be a multiple slam winner while Ana will forever be a one slam wonder.. :sobbing: Don't forget that for the first time Li Na reached GS SF and WTA TOP10 at 28 and first GS title at 29! And very similar cases we have with Stosur or Schiavone (first GS SF and TOP10 rankings also reached after 25) - but all of them after so many years ranked between #11-#20 finally shows theirs full potential AFTER-25 and reach couple GS finals (with titles)!

I will never gave up of Ana till 2017 2020! Hers talent is so obvious, and without W-Sisters (Belgians already gone) WTA tour will be even more weaker!

Deestruction
Jan 25th, 2013, 01:29 AM
If only she wants it. I dunno if she is wanting it at the moment. I dont think she wants to work as hard as everyone else. Its takes dedication and mental to get into trying to win a GS mode. But i dunno i just hope that she finds a way to get back into her formal level. But that is also asking too much.

WonderFan
Jan 25th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Ana right now doesn't seem to have the enough physical energy to be considered in the right path.

marco burini
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Li is going to win this whole thing guys. Ana will not stay one Slam wonder! She will win Slam again. :)

:worship:

The 2nd Law
Jan 26th, 2013, 12:23 AM
I think Vika will use all of the hate she's getting to fire herself up and win. I cannot explain to you guys how negatively Australia has reacted to her, it's a bit OTT to me. They've never liked her and I think this is just the perfect excuse for most people in the media to spread the hate. I'm not a fan of Vika but sometimes people in my country are too ignorant, I hope she shuts them up tonight :oh:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Cajka
Jan 26th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I'm not a fan of Vika but sometimes people in my country are too ignorant, I hope she shuts them up tonight :oh:

You are a vile creature. :fiery:

Harry.
Jan 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Ugh. I am so gutted for Li :sobbing: She was so unlucky today. I mean, how many times can you get injured in a match. Just ridiculous. Haven't been this upset over a non-Ana result for ages :sad:

It was as if the Tennis Gods just wanted Vika to win. I am so pressed right now :mad: .. I can't believe she's a two time Slam champion.

Linguae^
Jan 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Ana, learn something from Azarenka. Her assets are what you need most, she is the hardest worker I've ever seen. That's why she's achieved now more than you. ;)

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I've come to admire Vika. To let go of every outside thing to focus on the match and in her game takes a lot of mental skill. That's what set champions apart. I'm sure she will win a lot more slams.

marineblue
Jan 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Ana, learn something from Azarenka. Her assets are what you need most, she is the hardest worker I've ever seen. That's why she's achieved now more than you. ;)

I am rather proud of Ana for having won her slam the clean way and without the said 'assets'. Li's injury played the crucial role in today's match.

Vasa
Feb 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Ana's facebook has achieved 800k fans :cheer:

WonderFan
Feb 19th, 2013, 12:31 AM
^ It's amazing that it's growing, not shrinking. How can we explain that?

fANAtic
Feb 19th, 2013, 12:35 AM
^ It's amazing that it's growing, not shrinking. How can we explain that?

She's hot. That's all it takes.

Cajka
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
I'm Aga's big fan, but part of me wants Kvitty to win, just so that Ana could see how it should be done. I know that Ana's and Petra's games are not similar, but game plan should be similar. Hit the fucking ball. Trying to rally with Aga, to outsmart her, that's bs. Watch this, Ana. You can only overpower her and nothing else.

Nalby fan
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:01 PM
Petra just jumps all over Aga's serve,treats it with disdain and isn't bothered by the occasional shank into the stands. Ana,OTOH,tends to get discouraged by missing a few returns and goes all passive, allowing Aga to yank her all over the court.

WonderFan
Mar 14th, 2013, 01:20 AM
I've just seen this in the WTA website
http://www.wtatennis.com/blogs/article/3107247/title/soris-story-facing-your-fears

It's a post from Sorana in her blog there. Her blog has a lot of prominence in the site.

If Ana would just read that post...

Curtos07
Mar 14th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Ernie Gulbis wins Delray Beach and nearly beats Nadal to make the quarterfinals at Indian Wells. That one title did wonders for him. If only Ana played more smaller level events during the course of the season. Winning Linz and Bali right before the off-season doesn't really do much for momentum.

gaviotabr
Mar 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Ernie Gulbis wins Delray Beach and nearly beats Nadal to make the quarterfinals at Indian Wells. That one title did wonders for him. If only Ana played more smaller level events during the course of the season. Winning Linz and Bali right before the off-season doesn't really do much for momentum.

Gulbis said he was trying to be serious about tennis.. that's what really made the difference and allowed him to win that MM title in the first place...

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 7th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Can't remember how easy you can get points.

770 points by beating:

Duval
Petrova
Cirstea
Vinci
Oudin
Garcia
Pegula
Bouchard
Voegele

Tweedle
Apr 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Adam Scott is back with Marie Kojzar(Unless by chance, it's a different "Marie"...). I remember people here saying his relationship with Ana was a rebound. Seems you were probably right! http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/22091036/adam-scott-is-not-single-sorry-ladies

gaviotabr
Apr 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Adam Scott is back with Marie Kojzar(Unless by chance, it's a different "Marie"...). I remember people here saying his relationship with Ana was a rebound. Seems you were probably right! http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/22091036/adam-scott-is-not-single-sorry-ladies

What a surprise! NOT. In the middle of his on and off relationship with Ana he had the guts to say his heart still hurt for the breakup with Marie.. and there are Ana fans who worship this guy! How on Earth?

Used her and was instrumental in the death of Ana's career.

Cajka
Apr 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
What a surprise! NOT. In the middle of his on and off relationship with Ana he had the guts to say his heart still hurt for the breakup with Marie.. and there are Ana fans who worship this guy! How on Earth?

If that's how it all happened, then it's her fault completely. Beautiful, mature, famous and successful woman should know better than that. This is how I see it with guys. You don't respect me, you don't want to commit, you secretly suffer because of some old flame...???? Great, good for you, good riddance! Even if he's the most gorgeous, the smartest, the best guy in the world, I have some self-respect, right? I don't want to eat left overs, even if they are from the most exclusive restaurant in the world. I'd rather take the fresh ingredients and prepare the meal myself.

Iva87
Apr 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
New love match for hot Adam Scott http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/new-love-match-for-hot-adam-scott/story-fnhoeeiw-1226622964285

Marie Kojzar?

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/04/18/1226623/149173-marie-kozjar.gif

azdaja
Apr 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM

so true. i didn't like nando but it seems ana dumped him for this clown and it was probably as you say.

If that's how it all happened, then it's her fault completely. Beautiful, mature, famous and successful woman should know better than that. This is how I see it with guys. You don't respect me, you don't want to commit, you secretly suffer because of some old flame...???? Great, good for you, good riddance! Even if he's the most gorgeous, the smartest, the best guy in the world, I have some self-respect, right? I don't want to eat left overs, even if they are from the most exclusive restaurant in the world. I'd rather take the fresh ingredients and prepare the meal myself.
boys frequently wonder why girls go for guys who treat them like shit. and yes, it does happen.

gloria7
Apr 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Yes, that's Marie Kojzar... She is the love of his life...An invisible obstacle in Ana's relationship with Adam...He never gave Ana a chance because of this woman...Look at her...I AM UNBEATABLE...

These lyrics seem so appropriate now:

Oh, you should've stayed home
You should've known better
That i melt in your mouth like liquid sugar.
You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face?
But tell me... how do my leftovers taste?
Tell me, how do my leftovers taste?
How do my leftovers taste?

VALUNA
Apr 18th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Why waste time on trash? :)

Cajka
Apr 18th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Yes, that's Marie Kojzar... She is the love of his life...An invisible obstacle in Ana's relationship with Adam...He never gave Ana a chance because of this woman...Look at her...I AM UNBEATABLE...

Well, that's not a bad attitude to have in life. :shrug:

Cajka
Apr 18th, 2013, 09:35 PM
boys frequently wonder why girls go for guys who treat them like shit. and yes, it does happen.

I understand why it can be interesting, but two years is too long for that kind of relationship. After some time you simply want a normal, stable relationship.

WonderFan
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Could it be her actual twitter? https://mobile.twitter.com/_AnaIvanovic_

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Can't remember how easy you can get points.

770 points by beating:

Duval
Petrova
Cirstea
Vinci
Oudin
Garcia
Pegula
Bouchard
Voegele

Funny, i know, just like when Ana got her 375 pts for beating Vinci, Petrova and Garrigues or Pavlyuchenkova, Date Krum and Klaybanova a year before that. And all that counted as two titles!
WTA has a big problem with awarding points. The should return quality points back!

Cajka
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Funny, i know, just like when Ana got her 375 pts for beating Vinci, Petrova and Garrigues or Pavlyuchenkova, Date Krum and Klaybanova a year before that. And all that counted as two titles!
WTA has a big problem with awarding points. The should return quality points back!

Then random people would get quality points after beating Kvitova on an off day or when Azarenka retires after 2 games. An award for taking out a seed is taking over their place in the draw and I believe it's good enough.

Btw, Ana's opponents in Bali were fine. It's a usual MM YEC field. :shrug:

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Then random people would get quality points after beating Kvitova on an off day or when Azarenka retires after 2 games. An award for taking out a seed is taking over their place in the draw and I believe it's good enough.

Btw, Ana's opponents in Bali were fine. It's a usual MM YEC field. :shrug:

Yes, but how often that happen? 15% of the time maybe. I agree abourt retiremants, they should award less points for that, or none..

For her semifinal in Charlestone JJ beat 4 players out of top 80, and Vogele beat almost all higher ranked than her, including three top 20 players, one top 10, and gets same points. That is not fair. O

It is not usual MM when you get 375 points for beating 3 players ranked outside of top 20-30. JJ got 450 in Miami, where two of her oponents were more than 10 places higher ranked than her and top 15. Though those players were more like in some Tier 2 type of turnament it is still better tha Bali field.

Milan.
Apr 20th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Is it different when JJ beat Petrova and Vinci, and when Ana beat Petrova and Vinci? :unsure:

azdaja
Apr 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
"fans of both" :facepalm:

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Is it different when JJ beat Petrova and Vinci, and when Ana beat Petrova and Vinci? :unsure:
No, i said exactly the opposite! I said JJs wins were JUST LIKE when Ana beat them.
Though, now they are 11 and 13, but then Petrova was top 35 and Vinci top 25 as i remember.

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
"fans of both" :facepalm:

I am a fan of both, that is why i don't like when someone deminish ones achievement and forgets that the other did the same. But as always, when you start defending one, people think by default that u are atacking the other.

azdaja
Apr 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I am a fan of both, that is why i don't like when someone deminish ones achievement and forgets that the other did the same. But as always, when you start defending one, people think by default that u are atacking the other.
and is it so difficult to learn how to behave in players forums. this is a forum for ana fans, defending jj by attacking ana's achievements is simply facepalmworthy. there are people here who don't like jj and might post nasty things about her. ignore it. you can argue about stuff like that in gm or serbian sensations but here it's simply out of place.

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
That is the thing. I was not attacking, i was just defending JJ (just like i defend Ana when people deminish her achievemants) by just pointing out that those result are both pretty similar and facepalming. If this were forum of Sara Erani, i would have mentioned some of her lucky earned points. I am Anas fan, and having a normal conversation with valid arguments is not out of place. The problem is in people who like to argue and that are always subjective. That is bad behavior.
:wavey:

azdaja
Apr 20th, 2013, 06:36 PM
That is the thing. I was not attacking, i was just defending JJ (just like i defend Ana when people deminish her achievemants) by just pointing out that those result are both pretty similar and facepalming. If this were forum of Sara Erani, i would have mentioned some of her lucky earned points. I am Anas fan, and having a normal conversation with valid arguments is not out of place. The problem is in people who like to argue and that are always subjective. That is bad behavior.
:wavey:
yeah, people like you :shrug:

it is out of place because this is a forum for fans. defending some other player by attacking ana is not ok at all. you should have defended jj by posting some other player's result. instead, you mocked ana because you felt annoyed that someone who likes ana but dislikes jj (which is legit) dissed your other fave.

people here are entitled to openly disliking jj and any other player, just so you know. just accept it.

i am not surprised that this stuff is only possible in this subforum :rolleyes:

Milan.
Apr 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
No, i said exactly the opposite! I said JJs wins were JUST LIKE when Ana beat them.

Ok then... :)

Though, now they are 11 and 13, but then Petrova was top 35 and Vinci top 25 as i remember.

But they are always players who are dangerous, it's fact :shrug:

verdegreen
Apr 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM
yeah, people like you :shrug:

it is out of place because this is a forum for fans. defending some other player by attacking ana is not ok at all. you should have defended jj by posting some other player's result. instead, you mocked ana because you felt annoyed that someone who likes ana but dislikes jj (which is legit) dissed your other fave.

people here are entitled to openly disliking jj and any other player, just so you know. just accept it.

i am not surprised that this stuff is only possible in this subforum :rolleyes:

You are repeting yourself, so wil i. I didn't attack Ana, i took her examle just because this is her forum, to make a point. I was ''mocking'' both JJ and Ana, and i do that in JJs subforum to. It is not a problem of disliking, anyone can do that. But i would not mock someone because i dislike him/her, i mock only plyers i love when there is a legit reason, just as i would mock myself. Real fans are entitled to that. There was nothing subjective about what i said, and i am not arguing. I just want to make clear of what i exactly said, because you are kind of twisting my words. I considere this a normal conversation.
I knew i should have put more smileys in my post, so poeple wouldn't take it to serious :rolleyes:

Cajka
Apr 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Yes, but how often that happen? 15% of the time maybe. I agree abourt retiremants, they should award less points for that, or none..

For her semifinal in Charlestone JJ beat 4 players out of top 80, and Vogele beat almost all higher ranked than her, including three top 20 players, one top 10, and gets same points. That is not fair. O

It is not usual MM when you get 375 points for beating 3 players ranked outside of top 20-30. JJ got 450 in Miami, where two of her oponents were more than 10 places higher ranked than her and top 15. Though those players were more like in some Tier 2 type of turnament it is still better tha Bali field.

I never said it was a usual MM, but that it was a usual MM YEC field. The format was wrong, but the field was fine. It's fine to win MM YEC by beating Pavlyuchenkova, Kleybanova and KDK, for example. But 3 matches were not enough IMO. This format is better.

About quality points... During the previous years there were too many early upsets and the tour was a mess. If there were quality points, the ranking would've been even more messed up.

verdegreen
Apr 21st, 2013, 06:30 AM
I never said it was a usual MM, but that it was a usual MM YEC field. The format was wrong, but the field was fine. It's fine to win MM YEC by beating Pavlyuchenkova, Kleybanova and KDK, for example. But 3 matches were not enough IMO. This format is better.

About quality points... During the previous years there were too many early upsets and the tour was a mess. If there were quality points, the ranking would've been even more messed up.

Oh, ok,but still, to much points.
I don't know, there has been, but i still think it would help a bit to have them. Serena beat top players so many times last year, she should have had some bonus points for that :)

Cajka
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Oh, ok,but still, to much points.
I don't know, there has been, but i still think it would help a bit to have them. Serena beat top players so many times last year, she should have had some bonus points for that :)

Now with a RR format, I think that MM YEC points distribution is OK. But in Bali it was too much for 3 matches. In Ana's defense, she only lost one set in 6 matches there, so she's deservedly become the Bali GOAT. :hearts:

verdegreen
Apr 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah, ana is Bali queen. JJ will be the queen of Sofia :rocker:
RR format is much better, though i thin the tournament should not exist :lol:

Anyway Ana played gret today, greeeeeat!:bounce:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Anyone watching Serena? Playing horribly against Kuznetsova..

Suddenly Ana's missed chance hurts even more.. :banghead:

Panther24
Jun 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
How ironic is that Kuznetsova (who is owned by our dear Ana)

Is actually and will probably be the only player to have troubled Serena during this French Open :lol:

Milan.
Jun 4th, 2013, 06:26 PM
That was sad :(

Ana's punch bag Kuznetsova took 1 set of Serena :spit:

Oh my dear stupid Ana :hug:

Ana'sProcess
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Serena is a true fighter. She uses so much energy and emotions before, during and after every point. I knew she'll be back to win that match, just like I'm sure now she is 100% taking this years RG trophy.

azdaja
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
serena got the job done. that's all that counts.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM
serena got the job done. that's all that counts.

True. She was fighting her quarterena deamons for a while, but she did what she had to do to win in the end.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sharapova currently hitting herself off court against JJ.. so JJ might just get that 12th seed for Wimbledon. 11 actually, as she would pass Vinci.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2013, 12:43 PM
And a bagel...

Sharapova would never play this bad against Ana, because she knows if she is missing too much, she would just need to roll a ball to Ana's BH and she would be let off the hook..

Seriously though.. this is so bad from Sharapova, its not even funny.. she has given 5 games to JJ in unforced errors alone.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Sharapova turned it around like a champ. Started hitting inside the court, which made all the difference. :lol:

HowardH
Jun 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
After the first set I told my dad, Sharapova will turn this, she just has to stop missing, no need to hit a lot of winners, she can be more consistent than JJ these days. And she did, although it was tough. For most of the last two sets the majority of JJ's won points occurred because Sharapova missed early. Once the rally settled into a rhythm Maria had an advantage in consistency. Eventually JJ would hit a backhand long or a forehand too late. Maria's court coverage on clay has truly improved in the last few seasons.

Ana'sProcess
Jun 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Ana confirmed she will play Southern California Open, Carlsbad, San Diego. From July 29th - August 4th. :)

Also there: Victoria Azarenka, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova

Panther24
Jun 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ana confirmed she will play Southern California Open, Carlsbad, San Diego. From July 29th - August 4th. :)

Also there: Victoria Azarenka, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova

I'm so glad she's playing Carlsbad over Stanford :)

Although I think it wouldn't have been a bad idea to play both, considering the packed draws in Cincinnati and Toronto.

She's a former semi-finalist in Carlsbad :cheer: where she should've won that 2011 SF against Zvonareva :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I'm so glad she's playing Carlsbad over Stanford :)

Although I think it wouldn't have been a bad idea to play both, considering the packed draws in Cincinnati and Toronto.

She's a former semi-finalist in Carlsbad :cheer: where she should've won that 2011 SF against Zvonareva :rolleyes:

Ana definitely should plan on playing both, considering where she is gamewise and rankingswise.. but she keeps her top 5 mental schedule... so if she actually scheduled both she would make sure to tank one asi if she wasn't playing. :facepalm:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I have come to admire Sharapova. No matter what happens you know she puts her heart in matches. And that she tries. Today, even if she hit 4 DFs in one game, you could see that didn't put her down, only made her fight harder.

Serena is on a roll though. Demolition job and aw inducing today. The final is in her hands IMHO.

Ana'sProcess
Jun 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I have come to admire Sharapova. No matter what happens you know she puts her heart in matches. And that she tries. Today, even if she hit 4 DFs in one game, you could see that didn't put her down, only made her fight harder.

Serena is on a roll though. Demolition job and aw inducing today. The final is in her hands IMHO.

I admire both of them. Serena and Sharapova are true fighters, they give their best when it's tough, and you just know there is a 99 percent of chance they will win the match even if they play bad that day.

WTA today IMO:

Serena
Sharapova
Azarenka
Radwanska, Errani
Others from 6-16

I pick Serena to win the final with 6:2 6:4 :)

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
IMO

Serena on grass
Serena on other surfaces
Sharapova on clay/Azarenka on hardcourts
Sharapova on hardcourts/Azarenka on grass/Kvitova on grass/Na Li anywhere on a good day
Azarenka on clay/Sharapova on grass
Errani on clay/Radwanska on hardcourts
the rest

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2013, 09:57 PM
IMO

Serena on grass
Serena on other surfaces
Sharapova on hardcourts/Azarenka on grass/Kvitova on grass/Na Li anywhere on a good day
the rest

I tend to agree with you.

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I tend to agree with you.

Well, I said that I don't consider clay Sharapova's best surface, but she loses there only to Serena. On hardcourts and grass it's different. Azarenka loses to Serena or perhaps sometimes Sharapova on hardcourts and grass, but on clay it's different. She can lose to Cibulkova or Makarova, but she's still better than them on the surface. She's also better than Errani and Stosur on clay, although it's their best surface and her worst. She's just better.

Panther24
Jun 6th, 2013, 11:26 PM
IMO

Serena on grass
Serena on other surfaces
the rest

Could not have said it any better.

Worried for Kvitova though, that she is playing right now and even commentators I've heard don't even consider her a favorite for this year's Wimbledon despite being a former champ there.

Harry.
Jun 7th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Honestly though, that final could get absolutely nasty for Maria :scared: Serena was terrifyingly good today. And Maria has been patchy through out the whole tournament. I can totally see a repeat of the Olympic final. Unless Serena's French Open ghosts come back to haunt yet her again but I just highly doubt that it will.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Izzy, you're the most welcome to become a Maria fan! Your wit, insight, passion and enthusiasm will be highly appreciated.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I can't believe Novak will lose this match because of that stupid point he touched the net... :facepalm:

Could've waited a second longer to go hit the volley.. Nadal was way out of the court.. :facepalm: Now that one point making all the difference in the world.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Novak.. blew it!

Pops Maellard
Jun 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM
That was such a fail. Leads by a break most of set 5. Games where Rafa couldn't get a first serve in he misses every return and lets him still hold easily. Less said about the overheads the better.

Panther24
Jun 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Nole :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

He will win the Career Slam. I know he will (just like Ana will probably win the Career 4th Round Slam this year)

Now, that was the REAL FINAL :boxing:

Just give Rafa the trophy already...

Panther24
Jun 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Ferrer def. Tsonga 6-1 7-6(3) 6-2

Jo :smash: :sobbing:

And Rafa has a BYE In the final :cheer:

Nothing against David, but he's like the Errani of the ATP in some way. Useless against the Top 3 except for Murray sometimes (Radwanska in WTA) :oh:

AND I'm not comparing them game-wise or in achievements, just the record/H2H/performance against the Top 3/4

I wanted Jo in the final, even if he was going to lose anyway :sad:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm still so pissed about Nole losing that match that I just don't care about men's final.. :sobbing:

Panther24
Jun 7th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'm still so pissed about Nole losing that match that I just don't care about men's final.. :sobbing:

:hug:

I'm pissed about it too, especially since he lead a by a break for the most of the final set :sad:

But if we put combine Nole and Ana together we have the Career Slam :oh: (Just inserting some humor here)

Nole will win RG some day, he's too good not win it.

Curtos07
Jun 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM
So disappointed Novak lost.

Nadal-Ferrer was the matchup I least wanted to see of the four guys remaining. You might as well hand Nadal the trophy right now. That is going to be one boring final. Rafa winning the French Open again...:yawn:

Milan.
Jun 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Novak :facepalm:

What a wasted chance for Career Slam. :sobbing:

This will be one boring final, for sure... :yawn:

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Serena. Legend.

Panther24
Jun 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Congrats to Serena.

But Maria :sad: :sad:

I'll always be proud of her regardless of those trolls in GM trying to diminish her achievements.

She had her chances early...

But Serena is Serena :worship:

Ugh, Azarenka back at #2 :rolleyes:

Hopefully the order is restored after Wimbledon.

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Congrats to Serena.

But Maria :sad: :sad:

I'll always be proud of her regardless of those trolls in GM trying to diminish her achievements.

She had her chances early...

But Serena is Serena :worship:

Ugh, Azarenka back at #2 :rolleyes:

Hopefully the order is restored after Wimbledon.

Vika is probably going to make Wimbledon final. :shrug:

Maria is number 2 in the race though.. so she might just get number 2 back before USO.

Panther24
Jun 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Vika is probably going to make Wimbledon final. :shrug:

Maria is number 2 in the race though.. so she might just get number 2 back before USO.

I'm really hoping Maria and Victoria get the same-half at Wimbledon.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you on Victoria's great chances of making the final.

But I think the only one who can prevent Victoria from reaching the Wimbledon final is Maria. She just needs to get her grass mojo back and not play clay-court tennis on a grass court like she did last year :rolleyes:

Also, if Lisicki and Kvitova get their act together, then it could make things interesting, but I honestly see them both flopping but Petra will more likely get to the QF. Lisicki is playing Birmingham, so she can improve her Wimbledon seeding by playing doing good there, plus she's also a former champ.

Tweedle
Jun 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ana's bf is with Nole this week. Eastbourne too cold and damp for him? :p

http://i44.tinypic.com/33actqs.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/mae2p2.jpg

gaviotabr
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Ana's bf is with Nole this week. Eastbourne too cold and damp for him? :p

I don't blame him.. who wouldn't prefer a week in St. Tropez over a week in Eastbourne? :lol:

Guys trip?

Ana'sProcess
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Novak's hat haha! :cool:

gaviotabr
Jun 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Just watched the "Venus and Serena" documentary.. really liked it.. Venus seems like a sweetheart and Serena is just hilarious. haha Love her!

And it gives some really interesting insight. There is a point, right after the blood clot issue, when Serena is getting slowly back to practice, that she tells Sasha that the biggest issue was that her mind was a mess.. but that she knew if she could fix her mind the body would follow. Also, after beating Vika at the US Open 2011 Serena was pissed off at herself.. :lol: She thought she played like crap.. I remember that match! I wish Ana could play half as well. :lol: Then you can see just how demanding with herself Serena is. At the same time, even when she isn't playing well and is pissed at her own level, she doesn't let that get to her head, she doesn't let that get her down. Such a champion really! Oracene says Serena thaught Venus how to win.. found that interesting as well.

SilverSlam
Jun 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
My fave bit was when she got all upset with Sasha for saying to Ana "when will you let me be your hitting partner" :rolls:

gaviotabr
Jun 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM
My fave bit was when she got all upset with Sasha for saying to Ana "when will you let me be your hitting partner" :rolls:

:lol: That was pretty great! hahaha Serena was like: "I would never go to another guy and say 'When will you hit with me?'!!" :lol:

gloria7
Jun 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Rafa Nadal, Ana and Stefan Edberg are some of the 16 tennis pros to play in this year's Necker Cup...The Necker Cup is 5 day, all inclusive, Pro-Am Tennis Event on Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands...This year's event is sheduled for November 12-16th...

16 WTA/ATP players + Legends are paired with 16 amateur teams of all levels...It's all about fun and charity...Last year's Necker Cup raised over $ 1,ooo,ooo for charities...

gaviotabr
Jun 16th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Rafa Nadal, Ana and Stefan Edberg are some of the 16 tennis pros to play in this year's Necker Cup...The Necker Cup is 5 day, all inclusive, Pro-Am Tennis Event on Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands...This year's event is sheduled for November 12-16th...

16 WTA/ATP players + Legends are paired with 16 amateur teams of all levels...It's all about fun and charity...Last year's Necker Cup raised over $ 1,ooo,ooo for charities...

Thanks for the info! So Ana will go from Buenos Aires to the Necker Island.. hopefully she takes that time to prepare as well.. not only games and fun.

Panther24
Jun 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM

:cheer:

Great news!

Looking forward to hearing more things about that exho.

Ana is going to Buenos Aires too? :eek:

Any more exhibitions? Or just those two so far..

gaviotabr
Jun 16th, 2013, 08:59 PM
:cheer:

Great news!

Looking forward to hearing more things about that exho.

Ana is going to Buenos Aires too? :eek:

Any more exhibitions? Or just those two so far..

Ana is scheduled to play Sharapova in an exho in Buenos Aires, December 8th. That's it for now.

Panther24
Jun 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Ana is scheduled to play Sharapova in an exho in Buenos Aires, December 8th. That's it for now.

Thanks for the info.

My two faves playing an exho, and in South America :sobbing:

Lucky Argentina :sobbing:

Ana'sProcess
Jun 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Playing exhos is such a great thing. You visit and play at really wonderfull places...British Virgin Islands? OMG I am in love just with the name, let alone being there and all packed with tennis and players! Someone can take me there? :lol::hearts:

WonderFan
Jun 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM

I don't like she hanging around with the witch. I'm afraid she gets spelled.

gaviotabr
Jun 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Watching the error fest Li Na is putting in vs Vesnina. What a chance at points Ana wasted.. :facepalm:

Panther24
Jun 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Watching the error fest Li Na is putting in vs Vesnina. What a chance at points Ana wasted.. :facepalm:

Li managed to actually give a fuck about her first round. She at least used her brain a bit during this tournament.

gaviotabr
Jun 20th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Li managed to actually give a fuck about her first round. She at least used her brain a bit during this tournament.

Yes.. which is more than Ana can say..

Unfortunately Ana will now think she played oh so well because "just a few points" decided her match against Eastbourne semifinalist Elena Vesnina. :facepalm:

gaviotabr
Jun 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Vesnina into the final of Eastbourne.. to play Jaime Hampton..

:hysteric:

Ana.. :banghead: What a major waste of valuable points.. had she just tried a bit.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think that Ana would reach the final at all. Vesnina won her 1st slam few weeks ago, a win over Ana was a huge thing. It stopped her losing streak and it was a win over a big name. She's on fire now, that's why she reached the final IMO.

Panther24
Jun 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Vesnina played two Top 15 players who didn't give a fuck about the tournament and a tired Wickmayer.

She usually has decent Premier result once a year but of course never wins the event :lol:

Hampton will beat her most likely :shrug:

Still, Ana.. valuable points you could've gotten :facepalm: or she would've gotten trashed in the final probably.. but still :tape:

Ana'sProcess
Jun 21st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hampton is on fire. I think she will go deep at WB too and maybe even broke top 20 at some point of this season.

gaviotabr
Jun 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM
I don't think that Ana would reach the final at all. Vesnina won her 1st slam few weeks ago, a win over Ana was a huge thing. It stopped her losing streak and it was a win over a big name. She's on fire now, that's why she reached the final IMO.

Ana might not reach the final because she would probably not take it seriously.. but Vesnina isn't on fire at all.. I saw every match of hers this week and its nothing special..

Harry.
Jun 26th, 2013, 05:08 AM
JJ could re-enter the Top 10 with a win today :cheer: Don't you think it's amazing that she was ranked 22 at the start of the year and is so close to the Top 10 6 months later? Whereas Ana has been "trying" (allegedly) to re-enter the Top 10 for 3 years now and the closest she has come is no. 12? :lol: And to think this run from Jelena started with winning in an "MM tournament" (I know Ana thinks this is a cuss word) in Bogota? Maybe Ana should take some lessons. Or maybe show some humility and commitment, like JJ clearly did when she saw how low she had fallen :rolleyes:

azdaja
Jun 26th, 2013, 08:46 AM
i don't see what change jelena made when she realised how low she has fallen. she has always played plenty of tournaments. nor do i think ana needs to change her schedule much, she only needs one or 2 smaller tournaments, though taking seriously the ones she does enter would be nice too.

no comments on nadal crashing out in the first round of wimbledon? i remember reading predictions by "experts" about who would win wimbledon (can't be arsed to look for the link) and how many of them picked nadal to win :happy:

The 2nd Law
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
i don't see what change jelena made when she realised how low she has fallen. she has always played plenty of tournaments. nor do i think ana needs to change her schedule much, she only needs one or 2 smaller tournaments, though taking seriously the ones she does enter would be nice too.

no comments on nadal crashing out in the first round of wimbledon? i remember reading predictions by "experts" about who would win wimbledon (can't be arsed to look for the link) and how many of them picked nadal to win :happy:

Always brightens my day to see Nadal lose :lol:

Milan.
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Always brightens my day to see Nadal lose :lol:

+1 :rolls:

Cajka
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM
So we'll have a surprise semifinalist. Could be anyone, really.

WonderFan
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Azarenka W/O'ed, Ivanovic vs Bouchard goes to Centre Court.

The 2nd Law
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM

Yeah. If Maria makes the final I believe it would be the first time in her career making back to back slam finals. Even Ana has done it :oh:

Ana'sProcess
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Ana, Wimbledon wants you to go straight to the semifinal! Pleaseeeee use this major opportunity!!!

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM
JJ could re-enter the Top 10 with a win today :cheer: Don't you think it's amazing that she was ranked 22 at the start of the year and is so close to the Top 10 6 months later? Whereas Ana has been "trying" (allegedly) to re-enter the Top 10 for 3 years now and the closest she has come is no. 12? :lol: And to think this run from Jelena started with winning in an "MM tournament" (I know Ana thinks this is a cuss word) in Bogota? Maybe Ana should take some lessons. Or maybe show some humility and commitment, like JJ clearly did when she saw how low she had fallen :rolleyes:

JJ has always had this in her though.. to go from oblivion to top class tennis. She just turns up a switch inside her head and starts to do well again. Happened in 2006, in 2010 and now again. I think its great that she can get that work ethic back and really rededicate herself. Certainly deserve that top 10 spot.

As for Ana... she is pathetic all around in so many ways.. but I think she never manages to make that next step even being around top 12 for so long simply because she doesn't have enough respect for the sport of tennis. So she simply neglects it here and there just because she doesn't feel like and that bites her in the ass more times than not.

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 03:44 PM

The whole bottom half is a mess... anyone.. really.. ANYONE can make the final.

I feel specially sorry for Vika.. real bad luck.

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Sharapova a set and a break down to MLDB...

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
JJ is SO making the Wimbledon final.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM
And Sharapova is out.

Is there any seed left in the bottom half?

JJ is totally making the final.. I think I'm going to bet some money on her..

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM
JJ... just put some money in you. Please don't disappoint.

Wimbledon already sucks for me, so I might as well try to make some profit. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
OMG JJ, help out! I could use some extra cash!

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM
:sobbing:

This is only because since today Brazil plays at Confed Cup, we all got the day off.. so I have all day to watch tennis and hell breaks loose

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
JJ!!!!!! NOOOO WHY?!!

:sobbing:

InsideOut.
Jun 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Fed too :facepalm: WTF?

Vasa
Jun 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM
This Day Sucks So Haaaardddd

azdaja
Jun 26th, 2013, 10:15 PM
JJ is totally making the final.. I think I'm going to bet some money on her..

oh izzy :hug:

i was comfortable about jj not winning a slam when she was #1. it says a lot about wta that i don't feel that comfortable now :facepalm: still, she was never gonna be close to winning this. didn't feel like that anyway, even though i had no idea who she was about to face.

and i still hope rena will win every important tournament in sight and just expose how weak the wta is right now. please, serena, just do it :rolleyes:

the "women hater" also beat fed :oh:

this wimbledon has been a huge mess so far :lol:

HowardH
Jun 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Although Roger hid it quite well I am sure he had a slight injury. There were a number of points where he didn't seem to run very seriously to the ball, or he would jog over and not bother to bend properly to hit the shot. The commentators didn't seem to spot it though, I don't know whether Stakhovsky noticed either, but it seemed clear to me.

Vesna really turned it up in the second set against JJ. Didn't see the first but I wonder what happened to start her comeback from 5-2 (or 5-3?)

Many of the courts seemed to have problems with slipperiness underfoot. It seemed like Sharapova couldn't get her footing. The ball wasn't skidding that much, but shoes weren't gripping the turf that well. Something about the weather as well as other factors I'm sure.

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM

oh izzy :hug:

i was comfortable about jj not winning a slam when she was #1. it says a lot about wta that i don't feel that comfortable now :facepalm: still, she was never gonna be close to winning this. didn't feel like that anyway, even though i had no idea who she was about to face.

and i still hope rena will win every important tournament in sight and just expose how weak the wta is right now. please, serena, just do it :rolleyes:

the "women hater" also beat fed :oh:

this wimbledon has been a huge mess so far :lol:

Fed really had to lose to the "woman hater" of all people.. :sobbing:

I also hope Serena wins, but I have a feeling someone will come out of nowhere to win this now..

gaviotabr
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Although Roger hid it quite well I am sure he had a slight injury. There were a number of points where he didn't seem to run very seriously to the ball, or he would jog over and not bother to bend properly to hit the shot. The commentators didn't seem to spot it though, I don't know whether Stakhovsky noticed either, but it seemed clear to me.

Vesna really turned it up in the second set against JJ. Didn't see the first but I wonder what happened to start her comeback from 5-2 (or 5-3?)

Many of the courts seemed to have problems with slipperiness underfoot. It seemed like Sharapova couldn't get her footing. The ball wasn't skidding that much, but shoes weren't gripping the turf that well. Something about the weather as well as other factors I'm sure.

Lots of falls... they are saying its about the wet weather.. but hasn't Wimbledon always been wet? I can't remember this many falls.

As for JJ.. Vesna really played well from 2-5 down in the first. But JJ was just not digging the grass.. read that she said this: " Tennis on grass insults my tennis intelligence .Serve,volley ...boom boom the end .I never liked playing on that surface " :spit:

Cajka
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Lots of falls... they are saying its about the wet weather.. but hasn't Wimbledon always been wet? I can't remember this many falls.

As for JJ.. Vesna really played well from 2-5 down in the first. But JJ was just not digging the grass.. read that she said this: " Tennis on grass insults my tennis intelligence .Serve,volley ...boom boom the end .I never liked playing on that surface " :spit:

Such an embarrassing statement. Ana and JJ may come across as completely different personalities and... well, they have their differences, but deep inside they have the same mentality. Ana would never say something like this, but she's not that different. They both make silly excuses and it's never their fault.

Ana'sProcess
Jun 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I can totally see Serena-Stephens final now. That would make this Wimbledon alive at least at it's final day. :)

fANAtic
Jun 27th, 2013, 11:31 PM
woman hater?

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2013, 01:41 AM
woman hater?

Yes.. Stahko is one of the biggest defender of the end of equal prize money, as he thinks women just don't deserve the same. :shrug::tape::help:

WonderFan
Jun 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Does wishing less money to someone equal hate?

Harry.
Jun 28th, 2013, 03:06 AM
But JJ was just not digging the grass.. read that she said this: " Tennis on grass insults my tennis intelligence .Serve,volley ...boom boom the end .I never liked playing on that surface " :spit:

:spit: :haha: Do you have a link? :p

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2013, 03:10 AM
:spit: :haha: Do you have a link? :p

Read on twitter.. @jelenacg

It seems JJ said it on TV, in a serbian interview.

Milan.
Jun 28th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Ana and JJ this is becoz I'm their fan :rolls:

fANAtic
Jun 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Yes.. Stahko is one of the biggest defender of the end of equal prize money, as he thinks women just don't deserve the same. :shrug::tape::help:

I thought he beats women or something...
You can't possibly call him a hater because he doesn't like this communist system of "equal pay". There is no way female players would earn the same amount of money in a free market. Forcing sponsors and organizers to pay players equally is not just in any way.

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Does wishing less money to someone equal hate?
i probably should say that i don't think he really is a "women hater". i will believe stakhovsky is sexist only if i see him say that women with regular jobs don't deserve equal pay as men doing the same jobs. equal pay in professional sports is pretty much impossible as it would lead most leagues, tours and clubs to bankruptcy. equal pay at grand slams leads to "equality" only at the very top, where it is needed least. women on wta ranked around his place on atp earn much less than him anyway.

personally i am fine with equal pay at grand slams because they are mixed events but its importance is heavily overrated by many people. it is the lower ranked players that need more money to support their careers.

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I thought he beats women or something...
You can't possibly call him a hater because he doesn't like this communist system of "equal pay". There is no way female players would earn the same amount of money in a free market. Forcing sponsors and organizers to pay players equally is not just in any way.
giving more money to top players is hardly communist :lol: the cause of equal pay does strike me as misguided and i don't think it helps the sport. unlike the thing that nobody talks about, which is spreading money around. it may sound "communist" to some but if professional clubs can make collective tv deals which gives more money to smaller clubs atp and wta can do it too. it improves competition and hence the final product being on offer to sponsors and spectators. that's how professional sports work. in this sense marketing tennis as a mixed sport might even make sense but whether it really works or not is a different matter.

fANAtic
Jun 28th, 2013, 10:11 AM
giving more money to top players is hardly communist :lol: the cause of equal pay does strike me as misguided and i don't think it helps the sport. unlike the thing that nobody talks about, which is spreading money around. it may sound "communist" to some but if professional clubs can make collective tv deals which gives more money to smaller clubs atp and wta can do it too. it improves competition and hence the final product being on offer to sponsors and spectators. that's how professional sports work. in this sense marketing tennis as a mixed sport might even make sense but whether it really works or not is a different matter.

I didn't say giving more money to top players is communist, so no need to laugh. I said enforcing equal pay is communist. It was known in Serbia as "uravnilovka" or "leveling". It's a very dangerous idea and very harmful.
If someone wants to pay to watch women the same amount of money or even more, it's fine, but to force him to pay is criminal. And I'm not just talking about tennis or sports in general. We see more of this principle in every sphere of life.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
:facepalm:

I'm not even going to go into this.. :tape:

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I didn't say giving more money to top players is communist, so no need to laugh. I said enforcing equal pay is communist. It was known in Serbia as "uravnilovka" or "leveling". It's a very dangerous idea and very harmful.
If someone wants to pay to watch women the same amount of money or even more, it's fine, but to force him to pay is criminal. And I'm not just talking about tennis or sports in general. We see more of this principle in every sphere of life.
it's totally off-topic but how is equal pay dangerous in all spheres of life? people doing ordinary jobs should be paid equally regardless of their gender. surely you can't be against that? :unsure:

in professional sports it's not really doable because it's essentially show business and it depends on marketability. equal pay is still fine at mixed events since they are kinda promoted as such (and i guess that's why stakhovsky has spoken out against them). you pay one ticket to see both men and women.

all i was saying is that i do not see this issue as something that decides whether people are sexist or brave feminists and that a far more important issue would be to spread money around. all this has nothing to do with ideology, it's just a business model.

Cajka
Jun 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Na Li is more marketable than Djokovic, should she get a higher money prize if they both win Wimbledon?

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
i really don't want to go through this again but...

in the business model "professional sport" the competition - not individual competitors - is the product on offer. nobody is going to a tournament just to watch djokovic or na li sit in their chairs but to see them play against (hopefully) strong opposition and tournament organisers provide this. prize money comes from tv rights, sponsors, entry fees and that money goes to the tournaments and they can do whatever they want with it. and only a part of it goes to prize money.

meanwhile players will get their own sponsors, appearance fees, exhos etc. and that money belongs to them straight away. and of course more popular players will get more of them.

and finally, equal pay is ok at mixed events but i simply don't see it as an ideological issue at all. would anyone demand organisers of smaller events to pay women as much as similar tournaments pay men? they would go bankrupt immediately.

gaviotabr
Jun 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Most NID result today: CSN d. Bouchard 7-5 6-2. :shrug:

fANAtic
Jun 28th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Na Li is more marketable than Djokovic, should she get a higher money prize if they both win Wimbledon?

If people are ready to pay more to watch her, then she should get more money.
Personally, they would have to pay ME to watch her. Right now, they would have to pay me to watch Ana as well.

fANAtic
Jun 28th, 2013, 06:17 PM
it's totally off-topic but how is equal pay dangerous in all spheres of life? people doing ordinary jobs should be paid equally regardless of their gender. surely you can't be against that? :unsure:

in professional sports it's not really doable because it's essentially show business and it depends on marketability. equal pay is still fine at mixed events since they are kinda promoted as such (and i guess that's why stakhovsky has spoken out against them). you pay one ticket to see both men and women.

all i was saying is that i do not see this issue as something that decides whether people are sexist or brave feminists and that a far more important issue would be to spread money around. all this has nothing to do with ideology, it's just a business model.

It's dangerous because people have no motivation to work more than it is necessary. I'm not talking men-women here, I'm saying that those who are more productive and do more work, must be paid more. If people are ready to buy WTA's and ATP's "product" for the same amount of money, then Djokovic and Azarenka should be paid equally. But I don't think that's the case.

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Most NID result today: CSN d. Bouchard 7-5 6-2. :shrug:
at least she won't get the wooden spoon this time :o

It's dangerous because people have no motivation to work more than it is necessary. I'm not talking men-women here, I'm saying that those who are more productive and do more work, must be paid more. If people are ready to buy WTA's and ATP's "product" for the same amount of money, then Djokovic and Azarenka should be paid equally. But I don't think that's the case.
money is not the only thing that motivates people. and no matter what, gender equality shouldn't be questioned, women are as good as men at most of the jobs. and free markets don't work in the way their fans claim anyway but i won't discuss that.

Panther24
Jun 29th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Still on vacation and still hard to find Internet :bigwave:

Do you guys know how hard to is to follow this tournament just by checking the results?

Anyways..

THIS IS THE WORSE WIMBLEDON EVER IN HISTORY :facepalm:

Both of my faves out in the same day :facepalm:

Plus Rafa and Fed out early too :sad:

6 out of the Top 10 OUT before R3 :hysteric:

WTA :facepalm:

Give Serena the trophy already :facepalm: it's not like she wasn't going to win it anyways.. But still :facepalm:

THE DRAW IS TRULY PURE SHIT.. Shitra please make the final :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I think it will be the most random winner... like...

Sabine beats Serena and then loses to Kanepi in the quarters.. Then Kanepi loses to Aga, who plays her nemesis Cetkovska in the final. Cetkovska Wimbledon champion.

At least Ana will be able to say she once double bagelled a major winner! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Still on vacation and still hard to find Internet :bigwave:

Do you guys know how hard to is to follow this tournament just by checking the results?

Anyways..

THIS IS THE WORSE WIMBLEDON EVER IN HISTORY :facepalm:

Both of my faves out in the same day :facepalm:

Plus Rafa and Fed out early too :sad:

6 out of the Top 10 OUT before R3 :hysteric:

WTA :facepalm:

Give Serena the trophy already :facepalm: it's not like she wasn't going to win it anyways.. But still :facepalm:

THE DRAW IS TRULY PURE SHIT.. Shitra please make the final :sobbing:

Petra needs to show up soon, because Shitra is a break down to Makarova 1-2* with the match to be resumed tomorrow.

:hysteric:

Cajka
Jun 29th, 2013, 01:02 AM
If people are ready to pay more to watch her, then she should get more money.
Personally, they would have to pay ME to watch her. Right now, they would have to pay me to watch Ana as well.

The tournament gets money from sponsors and TV rights, not from tickets. For them, it's better to have Na Li in the final than Djokovic. But it doesn't mean that Djokovic should be payed less because Serbia is so much smaller than China.

dogwonder24
Jun 29th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I think a Williams vs Shitra finals is a comforting one. At least none of these players gonna hurt Ana's rankings. But still, Ana will lose her 12th spot and will become 15th next monday. JJ who wasn't expecting anything but trying hard will become 11th. Ana on the other hand, is expecting more than herself and is not trying hard to go deep into the top 10. But we'll see what happens. I'm just praying Bartoli won't go for QF, SF or even the finals. Gosh. But, please, give the trophy yo Serena already. This Wimbledon is pure slippery shit.

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I think a Williams vs Shitra finals is a comforting one. At least none of these players gonna hurt Ana's rankings. But still, Ana will lose her 12th spot and will become 15th next monday. JJ who wasn't expecting anything but trying hard will become 11th. Ana on the other hand, is expecting more than herself and is not trying hard to go deep into the top 10. But we'll see what happens. I'm just praying Bartoli won't go for QF, SF or even the finals. Gosh. But, please, give the trophy yo Serena already. This Wimbledon is pure slippery shit.

Ana could be 17 after Wimbledon. If Flipkens or CSN makes semis and Sloane makes QFs, then Ana will drop to 17. Not that hard really..

Panther24
Jun 29th, 2013, 01:34 AM
This might sound ridiculous but does anyone think its possible that Serena might be the only Top 10 seed to make the QF :hysteric:

Kvitova might lose tomorrow.
Oracle has Pironkova, and you never know with Li :tape:

No comments on Ana, because you guys probably already went ballistic after her loss to Genie.
( I did too :sad: )

I just don't know where'll she go from here.. She has some decent time to relax between now and Carlsbad :facepalm: She can't complain now about vacationing now :facepalm:

Then Maria flops a few hours later to Larcher de Brito :facepalm:

Wimbledon used to be my favorite slam.. Now its starting to become my least favorite one :sobbing:

Even the ATP draw is a fucking mess too.

gaviotabr
Jun 29th, 2013, 01:46 AM
This might sound ridiculous but does anyone think its possible that Serena might be the only Top 10 seed to make the QF :hysteric:

Kvitova might lose tomorrow.
Oracle has Pironkova, and you never know with Li :tape:

No comments on Ana, because you guys probably already went ballistic after her loss to Genie.
( I did too :sad: )

I just don't know where'll she go from here.. She has some decent time to relax between now and Carlsbad :facepalm: She can't complain now about vacationing now :facepalm:

Then Maria flops a few hours later to Larcher de Brito :facepalm:

Wimbledon used to be my favorite slam.. Now its starting to become my least favorite one :sobbing:

Even the ATP draw is a fucking mess too.

Why is everyone taking Sabine so lightly.. she has a strange streak of beating the reinging RG champion at Wimbledon.. :hysteric: Serena has some tough matches ahead.

That being said.. please please Serena save Wimbledon!

As for Ana... that's the question.. where to go from here? But I guess it will just be the same.. and she will shrug off this loss to the weirdness of the tournament instead of taking responsability.. oh well..

Panther24
Jun 29th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Why is everyone taking Sabine so lightly.. she has a strange streak of beating the reinging RG champion at Wimbledon.. :hysteric: Serena has some tough matches ahead.

That being said.. please please Serena save Wimbledon!

As for Ana... that's the question.. where to go from here? But I guess it will just be the same.. and she will shrug off this loss to the weirdness of the tournament instead of taking responsability.. oh well..

I'm not taking Sabine lightly. Especially how she played shit her three rounds here last year and then suddenly played the match of her life against Top Seed Maria here last year :sad: :sobbing:

I will never forgive Sabine for that :fiery:

But if Serena goes out to her... Seriously, SOMEONE CANCEL THE TOURNAMENT :tape:

This might get an international-field like QF instead of a Grand-Slam :help:

Ana'sProcess
Jun 29th, 2013, 04:23 PM
So... Do we at least know where will Ana go to holidays? Belgrade or some exotic destinations? :)

Vasa
Jun 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Both I guess :lol:

WonderFan
Jun 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Ana will be at the wta 40 years party in london. And as you can see in the other thread she is still in england at a horse derby with the dubai duty free ceo, once that she is their ambassador.
Her hollydays are from tennis, not from modeling.

InsideOut.
Jun 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I don't think I've told you guys I will be watching the ladies semifinals live at Wimbledon? :) flying off now

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I don't think I've told you guys I will be watching the ladies semifinals live at Wimbledon? :) flying off now

WOW Ben! That's awesome! Have lots of fun!

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
This WTA 40 love party was totally hilarious! :yeah::lol:

Vasa
Jun 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM

GL and have fun :cheer:

dogwonder24
Jul 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Okay. Vinci breaks into the top 10 for her highest career ranking. I am SO SO SO SO JEALOUS AND ANGRY UGH Ana should be on that spot :( But she lacks effort and I hate her for that. But still an Ana fan!

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
:hysteric: Serena is SO losing to Lisicki.. had a bad feeling about this since the start.. :sobbing:

Serena looking letargic and Sabine peaking.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM
OMG Serena nooo

Broken 3 straight times now.. Sabine serving for the match..

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
And over. Serena.. :facepalm:

Leading 3-0 in the third set just couldn't hold anymore..

Sabine keeps her streak of beating RG champs at Wimbledon.

Who is going to win this? Could be ANYONE really. What a chance!

InsideOut.
Jul 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Ugh I better have someone good to watch now in the semis :( Serena :o

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Ugh I better have someone good to watch now in the semis :( Serena :o

Hey Ben!

Well.. maybe Na Li! Hopefully Kvitova..

azdaja
Jul 1st, 2013, 04:49 PM
this tournament is such a mess.

currie84
Jul 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
a great performance by Lisicki.Her victory's foundation was her amazing serve which gave her many free points.Hey,remember when Ana used to have a good serve before she decided to lose 15 kilos?Fun times.Must be nice being Lisicki's fan right now,they can celebrate the kind of win Ana will never achieve.I hope she goes all the way now.

WonderFan
Jul 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
Please, dis anybody understand what Ana and Seles talked to each other on the mic in the wta party?

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Please, dis anybody understand what Ana and Seles talked each other at the mic in the wta party?

Ana said she started playing tennis because of Monica and that when she went in to take a seat at the presentation she had not yet seen Monica, so they had to say their hellos.

When Ana walked in, Seles turned around and said hi to Ana, who went on to seat right behind her and greet her.

Ana'sProcess
Jul 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
I want Lisicki, Li, Kvitova or Stephens to win the tournament. The most weird Wimbledon in its history I guess... :)

marineblue
Jul 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM
I want Lisicki, Li, Kvitova or Stephens to win the tournament. The most weird Wimbledon in its history I guess... :)

It definitely is. If only Ana had it in her to keep herself in the tournament. She'd have a great chance now to get a very good result and considering the line up even go all the way. Although that would require her best tennis,of course.
I bet that Ana is kicking herself now when she's looking at who's letf in the tournament. It's basically turned into lower-tier event with a hell of a jackpot. I have no faves left so I just wish good luck to those left.:shrug::angel:

WonderFan
Jul 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Ana said she started playing tennis because of Monica and that when she went in to take a seat at the presentation she had not yet seen Monica, so they had to say their hellos.

When Ana walked in, Seles turned around and said hi to Ana, who went on to seat right behind her and greet her.

Thank you very much!
But what did she say that everybody laughed at in the end? And what was Seles' reply?

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2013, 11:42 PM
Thank you very much!
But what did she say that everybody laughed at in the end? And what was Seles' reply?

She was just saying how they had to greet each other when they saw each other while Ana was entering the room. Seles was a bit embarrassed because Ana was fangirling her, saying how she was always her idol.

WonderFan
Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:38 AM
She was just saying how they had to greet each other when they saw each other while Ana was entering the room. Seles was a bit embarrassed because Ana was fangirling her, saying how she was always her idol.

Many thanks!

Panther24
Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Got to find internet again :bigwave:

SABINE :worship: :worship:

The FO Curse is definitely real :lol:

Only three TOP 10 in the quarters.. WTA :bowdown:

Lisicki vs Kvitova Final, PLEASE.

But probably it won´t happen :sad: :sobbing:

Milan.
Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:43 AM
Just imagine Bartoli or Agatha with Rosewater Dish :hysteric:

Cmon Lisicki win this girl, you deserve it :)

Welcome back Panther24 :wavey:

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:44 AM
Bartoli is SO winning Wimbledon! :rocker:

Milan.
Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Bartoli is SO winning Wimbledon! :rocker:

Izzy :sobbing: Just don't make me this any harder :ras:

Panther24
Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
Just imagine Bartoli or Agatha with Rosewater Dish :hysteric:

Cmon Lisicki win this girl, you deserve it :)

Welcome back Panther24 :wavey:

Hello! :bigwave:

PLEASE, NOT ORACLE AGATHA, HELL NO :tape:

Besides Sabine and Petra, wouldn´t mind Li or Marion winning it either actually :shrug:

If the other four get near the trophy :sobbing: :help:

Deestruction
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Well yes one this is definitely the most unusual wimby ive seen in years. Two tbh i pick Kvitova and Lisicki to win. Three Kvitova and Aga are the only faves left. Even though Sabine has been very successful the last two slams, shes close to third of the faves for the wimby title. Bartoli and Flipkens are darkhorses. So expect the unexpected.

Milan.
Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Lisicki please save tennis and beat Oracle Agatha Boringwanska :sobbing:

Vasa
Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Lisicki please save tennis and beat Oracle Agatha Boringwanska :sobbing:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4443933952/hA3CA325B/

SABINE FTW!!! please !!! :dog:

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Well.. I'm going on the other end and say come on Radwanska!

Ninja power! haha

Deestruction
Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
I like Aga's chances really, she definitely has a chance to win a slam.

Vasa
Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
NOOO, PLEASE NOOO :sad:

Cp6uja
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
:banghead:
:smash::smash:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:smash::smash::smash::smash:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ana'sProcess
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Sara Errani must be bothered this days... She won't be able to defend both MM titles (Palermo and Budapest) since from now on this two are played at the same week... :lol:

Honestly guys, Ana is facing hard times again. With Flipkens reaching SF and if Lisicki wins WB which is almost 60 percent sure bet now, Ana will fall to #18. Now she is at #17. I didn't expect this to happen at all at the beginning of the season and I am sure neither she did. She climbed to #12 for couple of times in last year and a half, but never went higher. She needs changes as soon as possible, to stop this downfall...

Vasa
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
It's just a result of what she is and what she isn't doing wrong/right :shrug:

Ana'sProcess
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
This downfall on rankings must produce some reaction from Ana. She should really think about how this season become wasted so easily and will be over very soon, it's US series already! It's just another year without any improvement, even worse than 2012 so far. I am optimist however and I hope Ana will do some serious job on courts during US series and after. She needs to add at least two more tournaments IMO. Maybe she should consider Stanford and Kremlin Cup.

Harry.
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Just don't let Radwanska win, please. I feel like Sabine winning would be thoroughly deserved just because she beat Serena and ended her 33 match winning streak. Rooting for her. And Marion next :cheer: Anyone but Aga :p

Deestruction
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Ana needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody has time for your flopping ass hotmess. The fact that she still hasnt make that big step is worrying to me. Shes not getting any younger, this girl needs to at least make an effort to improve her game. So far its been the same ole story time after time.

Petra on the other hand needs to get fitter. Whether she likes it or not. You cant depend on easy draws these times. You gotta step up your game and stop making excuses. There are alot of players who can beat you now, just like in Ana's case.

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
People should stop expecting (lack of) results here and there will magically make Ana wake up.. its been 5 years.. she has been mediocre for 5 years.. she is stuck between 12 and 18 since end of 2010.. hasn't had a truly good win in forever.. almost 3 years wondering the same positions without any improvement whatsoever. She has been saying her goal is to get back to top 10 and failing mightly since 2009. And nothing has changed.. actually, its only getting further away from her. Why would anything now suddenly wake her up? She is almost 26 already.. And lets be honest here, everyone knows Ana is harmless. While names like Lisicki, Flipkens and Bartoli can always surprise top players somehow.. and we always wonder if they will.. pretty much everyone knows Ana wont pose a threat simply because even playing well she will just meltdown when it matters. She is doing nothing to change this.. even though somehow she tells herself that she is. And by telling herself that she is, she just doesnt make the effort to truly change.

Ana'sProcess
Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
I understand your point and I agree. I am not telling I expect from her to wake up all of a sudden, but to make some serious changes in a period to come. However I do believe she will react on her newest ranking which will be the lowest from her this season. She must be questioning herself what has happened this season. Except Madrid and lets say Stuttgart it was very disappointing season overall and her goal to make top 10 on monday will be farthest from her so far this season. It must produce some reaction and action I hope.

azdaja
Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:52 PM
like i said, this tournament is a mess :rolls: i'm not shocked kvitova lost. at all. and now people are hoping bine will "save" tennis :happy:

Ana'sProcess
Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
My preference list for the weirdest WB ever is:

1. Lisicki
2. Bartoli
3. Flipkens
4. Radwanska

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mine is:

1 - Radwanska
2 - Bartoli
3 - Lisicki
4 - Flipkens

At least Aga has been a top player for a while and has won big titles before. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
I understand your point and I agree. I am not telling I expect from her to wake up all of a sudden, but to make some serious changes in a period to come. However I do believe she will react on her newest ranking which will be the lowest from her this season. She must be questioning herself what has happened this season. Except Madrid and lets say Stuttgart it was very disappointing season overall and her goal to make top 10 on monday will be farthest from her so far this season. It must produce some reaction and action I hope.

Imagine Ana's ranking had Robson not choked mightly in Madrid. :spit:

Ana fell to 17 right after Indian Wells.. and what changed really? Why would she question herself now if she didn't do it then.. and hasn't done it in the past 2 years? I just don't see how this will have any impact on her whatsoever.. she is living the life.. full of enablers around her, fooling herself that she is working hard.. :spit: Being rich and travelling the world. TBH there isn't fire in her. And she will probably just shrug this off to a wacky Wimbledon.

I mean.. I hope you are right.. but why would you be? What makes you think this will have any impact on her? She has been stagnated and flopping for so long, and has done nothing to change anything. Its been 2 years she hasn't made a single final.. and she is just the same.

I want to be convinced things are going to magically change.. but I just don't see why that would happen.. don't think Ana will have any reaction really.

Curtos07
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
This Wimbledon has more of a feel of a international or just a standard premier event to it than that of a slam. I just have a hard time getting excited or into any of it. The only thing left that I am looking forward to is a Djokovic/Murray final, but even that might not happen with the way things have gone.

I know this is pointless to bring up, because Ana probably would have lost to someone else anyways, but...CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS DRAW ANA WASTED? Grass is her weakest surface and she probably would have lost to someone like CSN or Kvitova if she hadn't lost to Bouchard, but I can't help but ask myself, what if? Sigh.

Anyways, her new ranking is pretty much deserved and I doubt much changes between now and the end of the year. There's no way she is defending those quarterfinal points at the US Open, and it is inexplicable that she is skipping Stanford. There is simply no reason at all for her not to play it. I'm just baffled by her decision making. A player who is now barely inside the top 20, still going with a top 5 schedule. Whatever.

Ana'sProcess
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Imagine Ana's ranking had Robson not choked mightly in Madrid. :spit:

Ana fell to 17 right after Indian Wells.. and what changed really? Why would she question herself now if she didn't do it then.. and hasn't done it in the past 2 years? I just don't see how this will have any impact on her whatsoever.. she is living the life.. full of enablers around her, fooling herself that she is working hard.. :spit: Being rich and travelling the world. TBH there isn't fire in her. And she will probably just shrug this off to a wacky Wimbledon.

I mean.. I hope you are right.. but why would you be? What makes you think this will have any impact on her? She has been stagnated and flopping for so long, and has done nothing to change anything. Its been 2 years she hasn't made a single final.. and she is just the same.

I want to be convinced things are going to magically change.. but I just don't see why that would happen.. don't think Ana will have any reaction really.

We will see in Carlsbad if anything has changed at least a bit, but I am sure she will question Nigel's coaching during this one month break. I mean he is a good guy I think and he did some job but it was nothing special and it wasn't enough to bring back Ana to top. Yes you are right, she has been in same position for more than two years stagnating between #12 and #20... But what makes this period different IMO is that she is faced with possible exit from top 20 if she doesn't improve and defend her USO points. She is faced with potentially another completely wasted season and she will be 26 soon. I have some theory that Ana will have another big success before her career ends and when she becomes completely relaxed on court, but it seems that time isn't yet to come. It would be nice to have at least decent end of 2013 with some Linz title, if not finishing #10, which was her priority.

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
This Wimbledon has more of a feel of a international or just a standard premier event to it than that of a slam. I just have a hard time getting excited or into any of it. The only thing left that I am looking forward to is a Djokovic/Murray final, but even that might not happen with the way things have gone.

I know this is pointless to bring up, because Ana probably would have lost to someone else anyways, but...CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS DRAW ANA WASTED? Grass is her weakest surface and she probably would have lost to someone like CSN or Kvitova if she hadn't lost to Bouchard, but I can't help but ask myself, what if? Sigh.

Anyways, her new ranking is pretty much deserved and I doubt much changes between now and the end of the year. There's no way she is defending those quarterfinal points at the US Open, and it is inexplicable that she is skipping Stanford. There is simply no reason at all for her not to play it. I'm just baffled by her decision making. A player who is now barely inside the top 20, still going with a top 5 schedule. Whatever.

I feel the same Curtis..

As for Ana.. she would have obviously lost to anyone in this kind of form... but if she was in any kind of good form this would probably have been the only chance in her life to make the Wimbledon final. Honestly doubt she will ever make it unless there's another complete debacle of a draw, like this one was.

I also can't see any reason to expect changes.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM
We will see in Carlsbad if anything has changed at least a bit, but I am sure she will question Nigel's coaching during this one month break. I mean he is a good guy I think and he did some job but it was nothing special and it wasn't enough to bring back Ana to top. Yes you are right, she has been in same position for more than two years stagnating between #12 and #20... But what makes this period different IMO is that she is faced with possible exit from top 20 if she doesn't improve and defend her USO points. She is faced with potentially another completely wasted season and she will be 26 soon. I have some theory that Ana will have another big success before her career ends and when she becomes completely relaxed on court, but it seems that time isn't yet to come. It would be nice to have at least decent end of 2013 with some Linz title, if not finishing #10, which was her priority.

She has been wasting seasons since 2009. :shrug: The only time things actually seemed to change, especially attitude wise was end of 2010.. but then she threw it all away by completely changing her physical side. It still baffles me to this day why someone who had just gone 15-3 to end the year, who had finally found her good game again, decided to completely and totally change everything she was doing. I mean.. after that it has been same crap for years.. and the past 2 years have brought someone who is just harmless on court.. There is not one thing in Ana's game that can truly hurt opponents, not even the FH anymore. Its been the same for the past 2 years.. highs and lows nonwithstanding.. :shrug:

I hope your theory that Ana still has some big success in her is right though. I really do hope. Though a more realistic goal for this season would end up top 16. Top 10 is just out of reach TBH. Things would have to do 180 turn..

Milan.
Jul 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
As Ana's fan I can't believe what I'll say now :hysteric: but I think that would work.

I wish something crazy, but... The best scenario will be that she doesn't defend any point until the end of season to fall out of top 50 and to finish year around 50th place. Last time when it's happened to her, she started to fight and win titles, again, she made jump of 45 places on the list and finished year in top 20. I mean, there're to scenarios if this happens:
1. Ana will decide to fight and change attitude, when she'll see who's ahead of her on the list :bounce:
2. Ana will decide to retire because she will feel shamefull and will blame herself :sobbing:

But there isn't any other way to break her childish attitude (I'm the best in Analand, even though it's not a real world, and I'm training hard but nothing is happening) and her Serbian spite (I'm right in every situation and I'm the smartest girl in the world even though I'm not) :shrug:

tennisrules
Jul 3rd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Ana will have to hit rock bottom again like she did in 2010 when she dropped all the way to 64 and was denied a wild card into the Canadian tournament (I forgot if it was in Montreal or Toronto that year). That woke her up, but it didn't last long. She seems to be content with where she is, and that is just sad. She should have at least one or two more Slams under her belt, but her lack of mental strength has contributed to where she is now.

She keeps getting cakewalk draw after cakewalk draw in Slams and blows it nearly every single time (the only times she hasn't blown it - strangely enough - is the U.S. Open which has become her best Slam).

I want her game to get back to where it was in 2006-2008, but that seems like a pipe dream unless she gets her head out of her ass and realizes that she has little time left.

Deestruction
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Ana is just a flopping hotassmess, nothing new nothing less.

gloria7
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Is she ready to gain muscle mass and weight?...To work hard 3-4 hours a day like she did back in '07-'08?...To change a coach and skip promo duties?...To enter and play MM tournament with one thought on her mind - to win that title and show respect for her fans, tournament organizers and sport?...Can she face her own reality and see where she is right now and that new generation of very talented, ambitious and extremelly marketable young players have come?...Can she make decision wheter she's a model who plays tennis occasionally or a tennis pro, who still wants to fight and win tournaments?...

Maybe Ana and her team are happy with where she is right now...Adidas walking billboard...Promo queen ...Potential red carpet GOAT...and WTA hostess...She still gets big appearance fees, gifts (especially in the past, when she got diamond bracelet after winning IW '08..or Porshe in Stuttgart, after losing in 1R to Aga)...Sad thing, but wheter she'l play an exho in Argentina and Colombia - wasn't her own decision or choice...It was always up to Pova and Ana had to wait and see whether Maria will choose her over CW, Serena or Azarenka...And she's happy with getting 4 time less money than Pova, she knows that many girls aren't in position to play an exho and get that easy money...

And she has changed her mind...In the past she said she doesn't want to work as a TV commentator or coach...She said she hopes that her kids won't play tennis some day...b/c she can't go through all that again...A month ago she said, " she would love to stay "connected" to tennis..in some way"...I don't know...From "Kournikova with a brain"...to "Talent who never fulfilled her potential"...And people were expecting her to win couple of GS titles and be payed more than Pova...Byrnes and Sven waiting for her to reach career peak in '09, at the age of 21...and she played just 14 tournaments that year...being crazy in love and wanting to retire 4 months later...Sometimes i really feel like Ana retired back in '10...She's happy, content, still making money, she can travel the world in eternal search for an ideal partner and perfect BF...There is no one in her team that can tell her the truth...I'm not even sure that she can handle the truth...Imagine taht,she's 25 and can't see what's her reality ...She knows what she has to do in order to play better and get back to the top...But she didn't change a thing to achieve that...That's why i think she is where she wants to be...That's why she said in February : "If i don't come back to the top 10 this year - there is always next year"...And she's been saying that for years now...

WonderFan
Jul 3rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
...Sad thing, but wheter she'l play an exho in Argentina and Colombia - wasn't her own decision or choice...It was always up to Pova and Ana had to wait and see whether Maria will choose her over CW, Serena or Azarenka...And she's happy with getting 4 time less money than Pova, she knows that many girls aren't in position to play an exho and get that easy money...

How much will it be be for each?

Deestruction
Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Let's face it no one will beat sharpies endorsements, unless ana did move to usa when she was little and trained in Nick bollettaris academy and gets hyped up like effing crazy like she's the next superstar, there is no way she will top sharpies earnings, this girl is the queen of it

gloria7
Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
I don't know Wonder Fan...According to Perfect Tennis, Roger Federer got about $ 1.3 million USD for each match (he played 6 matches in 8 days across 3 different countries last year in South America)...Rafa Nadal is reportedly being paid $ 1.5 million USD to play an exho in MSG this year (source:Tennis Space)...

I don't think Sharapova will get less money than these two...especially since Colombians were asking her to play in Bogota for 2 years already...She refused to come in 2011 for security reasons, she didn't feel safe in Bogota...So this time Pova asked a security plan from organizers that will be ckecked out by her team and she wants her own bodyguards and security team...

She also asked for 2 apartments in 5 star hotel ,for herself and her assistents...3 first class airplane tickets from Miami to Bogota...She'll have 20 guests in VIP box...Press conference...She will be introduced to Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos and have a closed dinner with sponsors...

Panther24
Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
ANYBODY BUT FUCKING RADWANSKA. PLEASE. :sobbing:

My preference list:

1) Lisicki

2) Bartoli

3) Flipper

Both Shitra :smash: and Na :smash:

WonderFan
Jul 3rd, 2013, 10:57 PM
So, Ricardo Sanchez in the way? Nigel Sears is gone.

The 2nd Law
Jul 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Ana could learn so much from Marion.

I know the draw has fallen apart but I just really admire Marion's dedication. I saw her practicing on an outside court at the AO last year, she was so lovely to the fans watching. Plus, she's absolutely hilarious to watch :spit:

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Ana could learn so much from Marion.

I know the draw has fallen apart but I just really admire Marion's dedication. I saw her practicing on an outside court at the AO last year, she was so lovely to the fans watching. Plus, she's absolutely hilarious to watch :spit:

I agree. Also Marion's tactical discipline impressed me today.. she knew what to do and never backed off from doing it.

The 2nd Law
Jul 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I agree. Also Marion's tactical discipline impressed me today.. she knew what to do and never backed off from doing it.

I wish Ana could hit passes like Marion, god knows how bad they've been lately :hysteric:

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I wish Ana could hit passes like Marion, god knows how bad they've been lately :hysteric:

Bad? :hysteric: They are non existant.. seriously, if I were to play Ana I would just net rush.

Ana'sProcess
Jul 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Bad? :hysteric: They are non existant.. seriously, if I were to play Ana I would just net rush.

Yeah I can remember only ONE good passing shot at the end of match with Razzano in 1st round. And that's that for last couple of months.

TBH, I am happy with Lisicki-Bartoli final, both deserved that but in final I give small advantage to Bartoli. She has more experience and seems really motivated. Whatever is the outcome of the final, it's fair. Good for both. I am jealous. Kidding. :)

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I would also give a small edge to Bartoli. And it would be only fitting that she wins this wacky tournament. :lol:

Bartoli is one of the best returners so I think she just might get a few more Lisicki serves back. Marion is also good with tactics.. so I can see her pounding Lisicki's BH and giving her little opportunity to hit FHs.

Ana'sProcess
Jul 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Guys, today after Lisicki won I felt that I miss so much those big moments in Ana's career. I want them to happen again. I want to see her smiling on court, winning big matches with 9-7 in third set, going deep in every important tournament, winning top 3 players. I want to see her parents, brother, friends, coach cheering for her with happines and joy and myself being so proud she make it again. I want Ana to take another GS title before her career ends. It would be amazing! I miss that feeling when Ana is sure bet to make QF and SF everywhere she goes and than beats someone from the top.

Can we start with title in Carlsbad Ana?

Harry.
Jul 4th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Lol at this ridiculous rumour that started on Twitter about Ana getting rid of Sears and having Jecmenica as a stand in at the moment with Sanchez as a possible long term replacement after. Sounds like awful fan fiction if you ask me.

Panther24
Jul 4th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Sabine saved tennis :bounce:

Hopefully she will win her first slam on Saturday :hearts:

Although, Marion would be a deserved winner as well!

EDIT: if Sabine wins, Ana will drop to #18. WTF :sobbing: :sad:

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Lol at this ridiculous rumour that started on Twitter about Ana getting rid of Sears and having Jecmenica as a stand in at the moment with Sanchez as a possible long term replacement after. Sounds like awful fan fiction if you ask me.

:lol: How easy is it to create rumors on the internet?

InsideOut.
Jul 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I had an awesome day at Wimbly today :bounce: Marion GOATing, a 9-7 third set, caught a 7-6(10) mixed doubles set between Zimonjic/Srebotnik and Matkowski/Peschke, watched Hingis and Davenport and McEnroe. Great experience :worship:

gaviotabr
Jul 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I had an awesome day at Wimbly today :bounce: Marion GOATing, a 9-7 third set, caught a 7-6(10) mixed doubles set between Zimonjic/Srebotnik and Matkowski/Peschke, watched Hingis and Davenport and McEnroe. Great experience :worship:

I'm so happy for you Ben! :yeah:

Sean.
Jul 4th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Ben :speakles: You're in London? You should have said!

Going to Wimbledon tomorrow. :cheer:

WonderFan
Jul 5th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Now it's official: http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/ana-and-sears-part-ways

Nigel's 2-year contract is over and he and Ana chose not to renew it.

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Now it's official: http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/ana-and-sears-part-ways

Nigel's 2-year contract is over and he and Ana chose not to renew it.

Ana and Sears part ways

Home › On Court › News

Ana and Nigel Sears’ coaching agreement has come to an end by mutual agreement. Briton Sears was appointed as coach in July 2011 on a two-year contract, which the pair have chosen not to renew.

The highlight of Sears’ reign was when Ana won the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions in Bali November 2012, their only title together. In Grand Slam competition Sears helped Ana reach the last eight of the US Open last year, her first Grand Slam quarter-final appearance since 2008.

Ana was ranked 18th when she began working with Sears and she finished 2012 ranked 12th, her highest ranking since 2009 and her highest career-end ranking since 2008. Ana currently stands at 12th in the rankings but is projected to fall to 17th or 18th on Monday following her second round loss at Wimbledon.

"I’d like to thank Nigel for his dedication and professionalism. I enjoyed working with him," said Ana.

Ana’s win-loss record under Sears was 76-41.

Well.. we'll see now what happens.

But that text has so many inacuracies.. really, who writes for Ana's web? She won Bali in 2011, not 2012. She ended 2012 ranked 13, not 12. Ana will fall to 18, no matter the result of the final.

Interesting to know Nigel signed a 2 year contract. And he took her on ranked 18 and that's exactly where she will be when they part ways. #progress

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2013, 02:46 AM
It might also explain the worst coaching time out I've ever seen.. that disgusting one in Eastbourne.. Nigel was just not interested.. probably already knew he wasn't going to be Ana's coach for much longer. :spit:

Curtos07
Jul 5th, 2013, 03:13 AM
So it looks like Ana will spend the summer all by herself. This will end well...

Deestruction
Jul 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM
So, Ricardo Sanchez in the way? Nigel Sears is gone.

Ricardo is coaching Fernando V. now.

Panther24
Jul 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Started working with her at #18.. Two years later and again at #18 :facepalm:

Only title was Bali :sobbing:

Whether that Serbian lady, Sanchez, or anyone else..I truly do hope she takes her own dedication into consideration in order to perform decent at the USO series. As of right now she will barely be seeded ( #8) in Carlsbad and unseeded going into Toronto and Cincinnati. This requires some praying in order to get some kind draws :tape:

A WC to Stanford or New Haven wouldn't be a bad choice at all....