PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:35 PM
GOAT winners from JJ, her game has changed a lot, she's going for winners way more now... the opposite of ana:o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
GOAT winners from JJ, her game has changed a lot, she's going for winners way more now... the opposite of ana:o

JJ has a cake draw. Alona is her ultimate bitch. :spit:

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
JJ has a cake draw. Alona is her ultimate bitch. :spit:

yeah but i hope in the impossible:lol: her sister is in the stands, awful memories, probably the most painful match ever for us ana fans:o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM
yeah but i hope in the impossible:lol: her sister is in the stands, awful memories, probably the most painful match ever for us ana fans:o

I don't know.. now I look back and think at least Ana fought hard.. :o But yeah, painful moment. There have been so many..

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know.. now I look back and think at least Ana fought hard.. :o But yeah, painful moment. There have been so many..

yeah but she choked, and it was her first 1st round loss in a slam... also i was so pissed at her faking that injury and limping while during the points she was running down everything :rolleyes:
at least now her losses are not painful anymore, they are just pathetic:o

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
alona is choking every lead on her service games, all of sudden she starts playing puffballs...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM
yeah but she choked, and it was her first 1st round loss in a slam... also i was so pissed at her faking that injury and limping while during the points she was running down everything :rolleyes:
at least now her losses are not painful anymore, they are just pathetic:o

Yes.. it was awful.. I remember I spent one week with real bad mood. But I get way more pissed off when there is no fight in a grand slam match. Looking back at the USO, the thing I resent the most was Ana saying she got into that slam thinking about taking holidays. :o

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
alona is choking every lead on her service games, all of sudden she starts playing puffballs...

It's pointless watching JJ x Alona.. pretty clear who is going to win.

I'm watching Masha x Henin.. and it's pointless too.. :spit:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Henin is drop shotting the hell out of Masha. :spit:

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Yes.. it was awful.. I remember I spent one week with real bad mood. But I get way more pissed off when there is no fight in a grand slam match. Looking back at the USO, the thing I resent the most was Ana saying she got into that slam thinking about taking holidays. :o

that's probably what she was thinking in her last match too, she was probably happy in the presser at the thought of meeting her boyfriend and have coffee in maiorca:o which i mean, it's partly understandable, she has loads of money, a beautiful boyfriend, what would she rather do, sweat on a tennis court or enjoying life?:lol::help:i hope her love for the game will come back at some point, after she gets bored of men and waging around:o

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Henin is drop shotting the hell out of Masha. :spit:

oh it started, gotta watch queen henin:worship:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM
that's probably what she was thinking in her last match too, she was probably happy in the presser at the thought of meeting her boyfriend and have coffee in maiorca:o which i mean, it's partly understandable, she has loads of money, a beautiful boyfriend, what would she rather do, sweat on a tennis court or enjoying life?:lol::help:i hope her love for the game will come back at some point, after she gets bored of men and waging around:o

Right now she thinks she can have it all.. I'm waiting for her to realize she can't and she has to choose.. let's see if that moment of light happens or not.

I'll quote Heinz:

This, at least, is the theory according to Heinz Günthardt, coach for so many years to Steffi Graf. His point is that, to get to this level, you have played tennis all your life and, almost by definition, you know nothing else but tennis. Your life experience and your happiness are interlinked entirely with your success on the court.

“As you get older,” he explains, “you can’t play like a kid, because you are not a kid, and you haven’t learnt how to handle it as an adult. You have a tendency to get more nervous because you think much more.” In other words, you might stop to consider: do I want to live this locker-room life? Do I want to eat breakfast every morning with my mum? Would I rather be with a boyfriend? And even: do I actually like tennis?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7134472.ece

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's raining..

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's pointless watching JJ x Alona.. pretty clear who is going to win.

I'm watching Masha x Henin.. and it's pointless too.. :spit:

:lol::lol:
Yes and it`s not like Fed-Nadal bc Federer is very good clay court player who happens to live in the era of Nadal (too bad for him :lol: ),Masha just doesn`t know how to play on clay :hug::lol:
But i`m sure Masha will have better results at W this year ,she is gaining some form

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Right now she thinks she can have it all.. I'm waiting for her to realize she can't and she has to choose.. let's see if that moment of light happens or not.

I'll quote Heinz:

yep totally agree with him, that's probably why many young players fizzle away like vaidisova, szavay, etc. ana is having this moment now, probably sharapova too, even though she is much more mature than ana. i hope ana will remember how much she loved tennis and how much she fought for it, but i can totally understand her is she thinks she had enough, i would probably think the same to in all honestly...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Yes and it`s not like Fed-Nadal bc Federer is very good clay court player who happens to live in the era of Nadal (too bad for him :lol: ),Masha just doesn`t know how to play on clay :hug::lol:
But i`m sure Masha will have better results at W this year ,she is gaining some form

Yes.. But you know.. Masha is the ultimate pro.. you can see she takes it seriously and she is trying.. she just can't. I'm sure she will do a lot better in surfaces more favorable to her game.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM
It's raining..

:singer:it's raining, it's raining, come in to me:singer:

:lol:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:07 PM
yep totally agree with him, that's probably why many young players fizzle away like vaidisova, szavay, etc. ana is having this moment now, probably sharapova too, even though she is much more mature than ana. i hope ana will remember how much she loved tennis and how much she fought for it, but i can totally understand her is she thinks she had enough, i would probably think the same to in all honestly...

Humm.. This is a job though.. you have to take it seriously. What bothers me about Ana is that she does one thing, preaches another, and doesn't look all that happy because she can't have all. She still thinks she can do things her way and that success will fall from the sky to her at any moment.

You can have those conflicts.. but then just own up.. like Safin.. :shrug: Or even Vaidisova..

Let's see if Ana will just be okay with being mediocre.. or if she will finally realize she needs to change. :shrug:

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM

I'll quote Heinz:

Heinz is very smart ,nicely said :worship:
Ana doesn`t have to choose just to set her priorities right .Easier said than done ofc :rolleyes:
Plus Ana still doesn`t know what she wants more or maybe she does but she doesn`t have the courage to say it out load and accept it

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Look at Masha.. double break down, but she is fighting.. jumping up and down, trying to focus. That's the attitude.

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Heinz is very smart ,nicely said :worship:
Ana doesn`t have to choose just to set her priorities right .Easier said than done ofc :rolleyes:
Plus Ana still doesn`t know what she wants more or maybe she does but she doesn`t have the courage to say it out load and accept it

Maybe she is not brave enough to own up.. In the end, as she said herself.. sports doesn't build character, it shows it. I thought hers was a bit stronger.. it seems its not.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Humm.. This is a job though.. you have to take it seriously. What bothers me about Ana is that she does one thing, preaches another, and doesn't look all that happy because she can't have all. She still thinks she can do things her way and that success will fall from the sky to her at any moment.

You can have those conflicts.. but then just own up.. like Safin.. :shrug: Or even Vaidisova..

Let's see if Ana will just be okay with being mediocre.. or if she will finally realize she needs to change. :shrug:

yeah that's a job, but she probably figured out she can have money (lots) and fame even playing mediocre or even doing something like kournikova, just playing exhibitions, i mean who wouldn't think about that? if she's a real champion and lives for tennis then she'll want to grind out, but if she is content with money, a boyfriend, etc. then she might be happy with mediocrity...

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM
sharapova just fistpumped and screamed come on on an unforced error, talk about hypocrite:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM
yeah that's a job, but she probably figured out she can have money (lots) and fame even playing mediocre or even doing something like kournikova, just playing exhibitions, i mean who wouldn't think about that? if she's a real champion and lives for tennis then she'll want to grind out, but if she is content with money, a boyfriend, etc. then she might be happy with mediocrity...

Then just own up.. be brave. :shrug:

I guess we will see..

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Sharapova playing a lot better now.

And I have to leave.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Sharapova playing a lot better now.

And I have to leave.. :sobbing:

well you coould ask your cousins to watch some tennis:p

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Oh, I so want Alona to win this one! FIGHT! :lol:.

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Justine having her patches of bad play but Masha being cow on ice can`t use it :lol::o

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, Masha doesn't move that well :lol:.

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Masha`s drop shots are funny :lol:
I have to add that she had 2 great drop shots in this game,one to save BP
Masha holds 4-3

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 06:52 PM
It takes Maria forever to get to net if she is behind the baseline :lol:.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM
the crowd is so annoying:tape:

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
the crowd is so annoying:tape:

Yes they are! I don't get why they boo all the freaking time.

Wow, Masha is such a fighter! I'm glad to see her back.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Yes they are! I don't get why they boo all the freaking time.

Wow, Masha is such a fighter! I'm glad to see her back.

they boo, laugh loud, scream during service... i've seen many are drinking... a bunch of drunks:o they shouldn't allow alcohol at all to avoid this kind of behavior:tape::lol::help:

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Masha won second set :bounce:
Play suspended

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Masha won second set :bounce:
Play suspended

it's 3-3 in my livescore:eek: justine:tape:

jelenacg
May 29th, 2010, 07:16 PM
it's 3-3 in my livescore:eek: justine:tape:

Justine had 15-40 at 3-3 but Maria saved 3 BPs there and held for 4-3 broke Justine in next game and served for the set
I still think Justine will win tomorrow but Maria fought hard and she definitely deserved second set

Jang87
May 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Go Masha!! And come on Alona! FIGHTTT! Lol.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM
alona is choking:o

Curtos07
May 29th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I was just looking through today's scores and saw the score of Kleybanova's loss. :o She got bageled by Shvedova? Ana should really feel embarrassed. I don't want to hear how Kleybanova is a top ten talent player anymore. Just because you consistently own Ana, doesn't mean shit. If that is the case, the Julie F@#*ing Coin is GOAT.

I was kind of pissed that Ana let a cakewalk draw go to waste. But I am just fooling myself. Ana would of had just lost to Shvedova by a much wider margin that Kleybs did.

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
So... just got home.

Sharapova won the second set! wow Fighting spirit always pays off.. When she was 4-1 down in the first set, I noticed how she was jumping up and down and really trying, really fighting. She managed to put Henin in enough pressure to be able to win the second. Sometimes you just have to hang in there.. That's a pro! We can say a lot about her.. but girl is a total pro, has a lot of respect for the game and always tries her hardest. I admire that.

Having said that.. I hope and think Henin will win tomorrow. I have a feeling this is JJ's slam to win.. and I don't want it.. I can't see many other people beating JJ.. :sobbing:

bruce goose
May 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
that's probably what she was thinking in her last match too, she was probably happy in the presser at the thought of meeting her boyfriend and have coffee in maiorca:o which i mean, it's partly understandable, she has loads of money, a beautiful boyfriend, what would she rather do, sweat on a tennis court or enjoying life?:lol::help:i hope her love for the game will come back at some point, after she gets bored of men and waging around:oThe most pathetic part of it all though,Luca,is that she's really not that happy.You can see it from her basement-level self-esteem and self-confidence;I've NEVER met a 'happy' gal who had rock-bottom self-esteem,have you??If she were TRULY satisfied being with the P.O.S.,then she'd simply quit tennis and WAG full time as the aimless,nose-powdering Nicole does....Obviously,there's SOMETHING inside of her that says that she wants more out of life than simply being a trophy gf who builds her sh-tbag's bf's ego.....Yet she just can't overcome all these psychological demons that she has:help:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The most pathetic part of it all though,Luca,is that she's really not that happy.You can see it from her basement-level self-esteem and self-confidence;I've NEVER met a 'happy' gal who had rock-bottom self-esteem,have you??If she were TRULY satisfied being with the P.O.S.,then she'd simply quit tennis and WAG full time as the aimless,nose-powdering Nicole does....Obviously,there's SOMETHING inside of her that says that she wants more out of life than simply being a trophy gf who builds her sh-tbag's bf's ego.....Yet she just can't overcome all these psychological demons that she has:help:

My problem with her attitude is this.. I don't think she is truly happy.. and for what she says.. that these couple of years have been filled with pain and doubts and fears and tears, she really isn't. Yet she keeps insisting in thinking things will eventually fall from the sky for her.. that she doesn't need to change anything.. just wait and do the hours she is told to do on court. Things just don't work that way.

bruce goose
May 29th, 2010, 09:52 PM
My problem with her attitude is this.. I don't think she is truly happy.. and for what she says.. that these couple of years have been filled with pain and doubts and fears and tears, she really isn't. Yet she keeps insisting in thinking things will eventually fall from the sky for her.. that she doesn't need to change anything.. just wait and do the hours she is told to do on court. Things just don't work that way.You should send your photo:hearts: to Matt Cronin...and DON'T tell him you have a bf:p.Tell him--and his colleagues--to take the gloves off in his articles...if he wants to do Ana a favor.Yeah,I know that Ana is sweet and lovable,but she desperately needs THE TRUTH!!Matt and his cohorts ought to say:"Ana is becoming an embarrassment to the WTA;they are desperately hoping she breaks out of her narcotic-like stupor,but that will NEVER happen if she doesn't get professional help."

....Unless Matt is trying to date Ana someday,then he should write THAT which you see above:o

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 10:44 PM
The most pathetic part of it all though,Luca,is that she's really not that happy.You can see it from her basement-level self-esteem and self-confidence;I've NEVER met a 'happy' gal who had rock-bottom self-esteem,have you??If she were TRULY satisfied being with the P.O.S.,then she'd simply quit tennis and WAG full time as the aimless,nose-powdering Nicole does....Obviously,there's SOMETHING inside of her that says that she wants more out of life than simply being a trophy gf who builds her sh-tbag's bf's ego.....Yet she just can't overcome all these psychological demons that she has:help:

hey bruce!:wavey:

i agree, she doesn't have much confidence, but maybe she gets her confidence from other people, and maybe her boyfriend gives her that confidence, so she likes to be around him, i don't really know... maybe she just doesn't have confidence in tennis because she doesn't love it as mush as she did... the way she behave off-court, she comes out as shy and a bit nerdy, but not like lacking confidence (i.e. the reply to the JJ thing, she didn't hesitate about that)...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM

i agree, she doesn't have much confidence, but maybe she gets her confidence from other people, and maybe her boyfriend gives her that confidence, so she likes to be around him, i don't really know... maybe she just doesn't have confidence in tennis because she doesn't love it as mush as she did... the way she behave off-court, she comes out as shy and a bit nerdy, but not like lacking confidence (i.e. the reply to the JJ thing, she didn't hesitate about that)...

Then he could have gone to Paris to lend her some support.. instead he took these 2 weeks off, went back to Australia and wrote in his blog he would spend them watching australian football and drinking beer. Ana gives much more than she receives..

She is obviously not loving tennis right now.. of for the past couple of years.. but I do believe her when she says her overall happiness is directly conected to her tennis. Sometimes she does want to run away.. and she does it... but I doubt she is enterily happy.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
So... just got home.

Sharapova won the second set! wow Fighting spirit always pays off.. When she was 4-1 down in the first set, I noticed how she was jumping up and down and really trying, really fighting. She managed to put Henin in enough pressure to be able to win the second. Sometimes you just have to hang in there.. That's a pro! We can say a lot about her.. but girl is a total pro, has a lot of respect for the game and always tries her hardest. I admire that.

Having said that.. I hope and think Henin will win tomorrow. I have a feeling this is JJ's slam to win.. and I don't want it.. I can't see many other people beating JJ.. :sobbing:

i agree, Justine is the only one who can beat JJ i believe... she will probably beat serena (after a choke) and withwash venus/whoever else is in the final. i'm not even sure Henin can stop her at this point, as she'll have a cakewalk to the SF while Henin has a horrible draw:o

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Then he could have gone to Paris to lend her some support.. instead he took these 2 weeks off, went back to Australia and wrote in his blog he would spend them watching australian football and drinking beer. Ana gives much more than she receives..

She is obviously not loving tennis right now.. of for the past couple of years.. but I do believe her when she says her overall happiness is directly conected to her tennis. Sometimes she does want to run away.. and she does it... but I doubt she is enterily happy.

really he said that?:tape: He comes off as a spoiled brat:o i also don't like the fact that he seems so obsessed about his looks (same as verdasco), i wish ana would find someone a bit more manly and mature:o

yes i also think she relates her happiness to tennis of course, but i'm not sure she loves it much anymore... part of it might be that she has lost and suffered so much that right now tennis is always associated with negative things, or it might be that she needs to change page once and for all, time will tell... i don't think she can continue with these results for many more years...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 10:57 PM
i agree, Justine is the only one who can beat JJ i believe... she will probably beat serena (after a choke) and withwash venus/whoever else is in the final. i'm not even sure Henin can stop her at this point, as she'll have a cakewalk to the SF while Henin has a horrible draw:o

That's the thing.. I'm not sure anyone can beat her.. even Justine/Serena.. and the winner is definitely coming from the top half.

Justine has to beat Masha, who is fighting really hard.. then Stosur... then Serena.. and she is not having much luck with the schedule either.. having to play every day because of delays.

Imagine how unbearable JJ will be if she wins this? :help:

bruce goose
May 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM

i agree, she doesn't have much confidence, but maybe she gets her confidence from other people, and maybe her boyfriend gives her that confidence, so she likes to be around him, i don't really know... maybe she just doesn't have confidence in tennis because she doesn't love it as mush as she did... the way she behave off-court, she comes out as shy and a bit nerdy, but not like lacking confidence (i.e. the reply to the JJ thing, she didn't hesitate about that)...Well,I think a lot of fans would disagree with you on a few of those points,Luca.First of all,it's UNHEALTHY to be dependent on other people for your confidence...and Ana DEFINITELY lacks confidence when she's in a situation that takes her out of her comfort zone.She CAN function in certain settings where she's more comfortable and familiar,though.Again,I come back to my original question:Have you ever met a 'happy' girl who had very low self-esteem and confidence?I've never met a single one....Mixo and some others laughed before(and that didn't bother me at all),but I'd say that fewer people are laughing now.Ana's so-called "relationship" with the Tumor isn't much different from other psychological,emotional dependencies you'd find...such as with alcoholics or drug addicts.When she's with the P.O.S.,she's happy the same way that the drunk is happy when he has a tequila in his hand...but it's not a deep,fulfilling TRUE happiness,nor does it last very long...and she goes into depression until she can get her next 'fix'

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
That's the thing.. I'm not sure anyone can beat her.. even Justine/Serena.. and the winner is definitely coming from the top half.

Justine has to beat Masha, who is fighting really hard.. then Stosur... then Serena.. and she is not having much luck with the schedule either.. having to play every day because of delays.

Imagine how unbearable JJ will be if she wins this? :help:

if she wins it i might kill myself:tape::lol::help:

she would behave like she's the greatest champion of all time, she will claim she is better than ana in everything and her fans in this forum will be all over the place hating and ridiculing ana:tape::tape::tape: i don't even want to think about that:o

bruce goose
May 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM
really he said that?:tape: He comes off as a spoiled brat:o i also don't like the fact that he seems so obsessed about his looks (same as verdasco), i wish ana would find someone a bit more manly and mature:o

yes i also think she relates her happiness to tennis of course, but i'm not sure she loves it much anymore... part of it might be that she has lost and suffered so much that right now tennis is always associated with negative things, or it might be that she needs to change page once and for all, time will tell... i don't think she can continue with these results for many more years...I actually pondered giving the P.O.S. a permanent alteration to his looks by putting out a few lit cigars on his face.He'd be nothing more than a sideshow freak then...even the best plastic surgery wouldn't be able to cover up four or five deep burn marks.Without his looks,he'd be worthless cuz his 3rd-rate golf is nothing to be impressed about;his ranking is equal to Vera Dushevina's.It would be a punishment worse than killing him.....

But I'm not sure that he's the main culprit here...or if he deserves that punishment:If Ana's parents hadn't ignored her psychological complexes during her youth...if they had taught her common sense in preparing her for adulthood...then there wouldn't BE any lowlife Adams in Ana's life.She'd have enough self-respect to choose wisely in her personal life....Even if someone fed Adam to hungry sharks,it wouldn't make a difference cuz Ana would run out and find ANOTHER pretty-faced scumbag to replace him.Although Ana is delusional,she's NOT clinically crazy by a long shot.Ana poster Glory7's Peter Pan metaphor is right on target;she CHOOSES to live in wonderland and pretend that Kate Hudson was 'only a friend'...to hell with common sense,right?:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM

His blog is on his web.. he said it yes. Then we see Ana WAGing at every possible opportunity.. :tape::tape::tape:

yes i also think she relates her happiness to tennis of course, but i'm not sure she loves it much anymore... part of it might be that she has lost and suffered so much that right now tennis is always associated with negative things, or it might be that she needs to change page once and for all, time will tell... i don't think she can continue with these results for many more years...

I don't know how much more she can take either.. she is leaving in eternal hope.. she said it herself, that she is always thinking: "next week.. next week". One moment it has to hit her that she needs to do something or it will never come. :shrug:

But yeah.. I think ever since the thumb injury, that she said she started to get obssessed about tennis, and was advised to look for other things and to think less.. that tennis just got a negative conotation in her mind. She feels like she can't keep it too close or she might enter obssession territory again.. so she never commits and it's just negative deep down.

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
if she wins it i might kill myself:tape::lol::help:

she would behave like she's the greatest champion of all time, she will claim she is better than ana in everything and her fans in this forum will be all over the place hating and ridiculing ana:tape::tape::tape: i don't even want to think about that:o

I think we should prepare ourselves.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I think we should prepare ourselves.. :sobbing:

but she didn't play well lately, and hantuchova won their last matches on clay this year... i hope she can win, it could also show ana that she can still come back:sad:

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:28 PM
but she didn't play well lately, and hantuchova won their last matches on clay this year... i hope she can win, it could also show ana that she can still come back:sad:

Ana should pay atention to the tennis world.. but I think she doesn't.

Anyway.. about JJ.. I still think this is her slam to win. Hantuchova pulled out of doubles today.. I wonder if she has anything going on or just wanted to focus on singles.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 11:28 PM
about justine... she looks like she's not really focused and into it, she's going through the motions and its enough on clay to beat almost anyone, but she doesn't have that spark that she used to have, i don't know how well this comeback will go for her... today her play was boring and flat, maybe it's her new style but on clay doesn't work very well...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
about justine... she looks like she's not really focused and into it, she's going through the motions and its enough on clay to beat almost anyone, but she doesn't have that spark that she used to have, i don't know how well this comeback will go for her... today her play was boring and flat, maybe it's her new style but on clay doesn't work very well...

She has completely changed her game.. she is not using much of her all court game, rather just ball bashing the ball. I also think she has lost some of that intensity she used to have and is much more relaxed on court.. but hey, maybe that makes her enjoy it more.. she is definitely more smiley this time around.

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 11:38 PM
She has completely changed her game.. she is not using much of her all court game, rather just ball bashing the ball. I also think she has lost some of that intensity she used to have and is much more relaxed on court.. but hey, maybe that makes her enjoy it more.. she is definitely more smiley this time around.

well then her new game is ugly:tape: and against ballbashers, does she think she can outhit them? i doubt she'll be succesfull with this gamestyle... she looks more relaxed that's true, that might also come from her growing up a bit, she was really obsessed about tennis before...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
well then her new game is ugly:tape: and against ballbashers, does she think she can outhit them? i doubt she'll be succesfull with this gamestyle... she looks more relaxed that's true, that might also come from her growing up a bit, she was really obsessed about tennis before...

Yes.. but didn't you watch AO final? She was trying to outhit Serena..

spiritedenergy
May 29th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Yes.. but didn't you watch AO final? She was trying to outhit Serena..

yes i did, still i thought for clay she would adjust her game a bit, the match today was ballbashing (apart from the dropshots...), ugly and it looks like it tires her a lot...

gaviotabr
May 29th, 2010, 11:56 PM
yes i did, still i thought for clay she would adjust her game a bit, the match today was ballbashing (apart from the dropshots...), ugly and it looks like it tires her a lot...

She should have played more drop shots.. Sharapova is a fighter, and she obviously has enough fire power to match anyone on the baseline.. but she has glaring moving issues on clay.

I agree with you on Henin.. that's why I think this is JJ's slam to win.

jelenacg
May 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Justine won 6-3 third set. Maria :hug:
Entertaining match ,lots of GPs,BPs :lol:

bruce goose
May 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Nothing against Venus...whom I respect,even like her a little bit...but I'm glad for Petrova that she broke her oh-fer in their H2H....Though I'm not sure that Nadia has what it takes to go all the way in a Slam(and I'd put Schiavone in that same category).When she missed the overhead,her eyes sort of went into panic mode...then,at 30-30,Venus gave her a UE and a short ball on back-to-back points.On a selfish level,I like Elena's chances better vs. Nadia than Venus...although she finally beat Vee again at YEC last year.Of course,I hope that Elena doesn't meet the slimy Liar in the final:unsure:

Is it just my imagination,or does Nadia get the short end from the Russian media cuz she's not as beautiful as some of their other stars??If you see her with her hair down,she's actually decent-looking...and fills out her blue jeans VERY well:drool:....I don't know,it just seems that the Russian press supports her kind of half-heartedly...maybe some of you are more informed on that issue

bruce goose
May 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Any opinions on the Caro-Schiavone QF??How do y'all think that matchup will play out??

gaviotabr
May 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Who wants to bet on a Caro x JJ final.. all things point to that IMHO.

:facepalm::sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Any opinions on the Caro-Schiavone QF??How do y'all think that matchup will play out??

I think Caro will take it. Schiavonne has to use a lot of variety.. drop shots, slices.. to have a chance. She plays with too much top spin to overpower Caro, so that only way for her to win is to confuse her, like MJMS does.

I actually have Caro for the final now. She outlasted Pennetta today in a 3 hour match, so I'm sure her ankle is fine. After Schiavonne she would play the winner of Petrova x Dementieva, both players she simply owns. Dementieva is hampered in her movement due to a leg injury, so I'll give Petrova the edge. And Nadia makes too many UEs to beat Caro.. even though she should have enough game and power to do so.

SOA_MC
May 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Who wants to bet on a Caro x JJ final.. all things point to that IMHO.

:facepalm::sobbing:

And Caro will win :inlove: Nah trust me Caro is not making the final

I'm picking Serena-Petrova final

gaviotabr
May 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
And Caro will win :inlove: Nah trust me Caro is not making the final

I'm picking Serena-Petrova final

mm.. I don't think so really.. Petrova can get too erractic.

And I think the only one who can prevent JJ from reaching the final is Justine.

bruce goose
May 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I think Caro will take it. Schiavonne has to use a lot of variety.. drop shots, slices.. to have a chance. She plays with too much top spin to overpower Caro, so that only way for her to win is to confuse her, like MJMS does.

I actually have Caro for the final now. She outlasted Pennetta today in a 3 hour match, so I'm sure her ankle is fine. After Schiavonne she would play the winner of Petrova x Dementieva, both players she simply owns. Dementieva is hampered in her movement due to a leg injury, so I'll give Petrova the edge. And Nadia makes too many UEs to beat Caro.. even though she should have enough game and power to do so.actually,you did some bad math on Caro v.Elena,Izzy:Elena leads the H2H 3-2,including a 6-2,6-1 win in their last encounter,the 2009 Cincy quarters...and Lena also beat Caro for her Olympic slam crown........So does that mean you'll be cheering for Elena if they meet:hehehe:.....We'd love to have some hot,brasilera cheerleaders:hearts: for the big matchup:p

gaviotabr
May 30th, 2010, 11:47 PM
actually,you did some bad math on Caro v.Elena,Izzy:Elena leads the H2H 3-2,including a 6-2,6-1 win in their last encounter,the 2009 Cincy quarters...and Lena also beat Caro for her Olympic slam crown........So does that mean you'll be cheering for Elena if they meet:hehehe:.....We'd love to have some hot,brasilera cheerleaders:hearts: for the big matchup:p

I would be perfectly fine with Lena D. making the final. It would be actually pretty cool to see her back at a slam final, 6 years later. I just think her leg injury is seriously hampering her movement.. and I'm not sure she will be able to do it. :shrug:

Pops Maellard
May 31st, 2010, 12:23 AM
Damn Lena's luck. She finally gets a decent draw to the finals, and then she'll have to face Serena, JJ or Henin with a gimpy leg. :hysteric:

I didn't think at the start of RG that Lena would be my last female fave standing though. I don't mind if Lena loses, as long as it's not to Pushniacki. :mad:

A healthy Lena would I reckon be able to take Serena on clay, maybe even beat her.

bruce goose
May 31st, 2010, 12:30 AM
I would be perfectly fine with Lena D. making the final. It would be actually pretty cool to see her back at a slam final, 6 years later. I just think her leg injury is seriously hampering her movement.. and I'm not sure she will be able to do it. :shrug:Plus she doesn't have the best track record,anyway,in the traditional four Slams....I hope she doesn't meet the Lying No-class Clay Weasel Queen in the final.She's beaten her twice,but even many of us who are fans wouldn't like her chances in that matchup.For some reason,Elena has managed to put aside her jitters when she plays the Olympics...and she's had some great Moscow moments,too.To me,her Olympic Gold puts her past one-Slam wonders like Majoli,Novotna and Conchita Martinez...but a lot of pricks wanna pretend that the Olympics are no big deal...even though the WTA re-organizes its entire schedule to accommodate the Games...plus it's the biggest sporting event in the world,much bigger than any single slam...plus Serena,who's won a dozen Slams,badly wants to win Singles Gold...so,apparently,it's not some minor tournament:rolleyes:

If Elena can win RG,then that'll end the b.s. and,in my book,leave no doubt about her deserved place in tennis lore...it would leave her equal with Mary Pierce and just a little behind Davenport and ASV

spiritedenergy
May 31st, 2010, 06:01 AM
if her injury is not too bad, wozniacki will make the final... who can stop her in the bottom half? if not, then maybe dementieva (but she's too injured) or who else is there???

all these players will lose to either henin, serena or jj in my opinion though. i hope it's serena who wins:worship:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 10:09 AM
if her injury is not too bad, wozniacki will make the final... who can stop her in the bottom half? if not, then maybe dementieva (but she's too injured) or who else is there???

all these players will lose to either henin, serena or jj in my opinion though. i hope it's serena who wins:worship:

I think Caro is perfectly fine.. no injury really. She lasted 3 hours on court against Pennetta and she was running more and better at the end than at the beginning. She is fine. I can't see anyone beating her... Dementieva could, but she is clearly hampered by her leg injury... Petrova is too much of a headcase to have the consistency to beat Caro.. even more so in a slam semi.. which would be Petrova's first in 4 years. I've seen her lose to Caro this year, and she would play great at a moment then get completely frustrated by Caro's defense and start to hit everything out.

I agree that the winner will come from the top half. And unfortunately I think it will be a JJ x Caro final.. which is like.. the worst possible final for me in terms of kind of tennis that will be played.. :tape::help::o

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Final will be Justine vs someone imo
JJ still has to beat Dani today who beat her in 2 previous times

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 01:16 PM
I see that Serena is already in the QF. And that Justine won the first set... blockbuster in the making... I just hope if they indeed meet, it's a great match and they don't tire each other out.

Serena has either won or lost to the winner in the last 7 slams. :eek:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Oh uh.. Stosur won the second set...

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM
I see that Serena is already in the QF. And that Justine won the first set... blockbuster in the making... I just hope if they indeed meet, it's a great match and they don't tire each other out.

Serena has either won or lost to the winner in the last 7 slams. :eek:

Yeah Serena was really good at GS lately :worship: Roger style :lol:

Justine lost second set with some stupid play :rolleyes:
Hopefully she will win the third

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah Serena was really good at GS lately :worship: Roger style :lol:

Justine lost second set with some stupid play :rolleyes:
Hopefully she will win the third

I hope she steps it up.. I'm not watching so I have no idea what's going on.. :sobbing:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Stosurs FH is amazing!

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 01:39 PM
I hope she steps it up.. I'm not watching so I have no idea what's going on.. :sobbing:

Stosur overpowered Justine and started to serve much better .She hit a few great FHs ,like old Ana
And this Susan Lenglen court looks very fast today :confused:
That helps Stosur a lot .There aren`t many rallies

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Justine makes DF on BP :tape: Stosur breaks 3-2

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Stosur overpowered Justine and started to serve much better .She hit a few great FHs ,like old Ana
And this Susan Lenglen court looks very fast today :confused:
That helps Stosur a lot .There aren`t many rallies

Strange... SL court should be the slowest one. Maybe it's really dry today.

Justine's serve is still a bit iffy.. and if Stosur is conecting with hers.. things can get really tough for Henin. :help: She will have to step up big time.

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Justine makes DF on BP :tape: Stosur breaks 3-2

Oh noes.. upset in the making?

If Justine loses today, Serena will be the only slam winner still left in the draw. :tape:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 01:51 PM
Stosur choking :lol: 2 DFs + pathetic drop shot

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Strange... SL court should be the slowest one. Maybe it's really dry today.
Justine's serve is still a bit iffy.. and if Stosur is conecting with hers.. things can get really tough for Henin. :help: She will have to step up big time.

It is :o
They are playing really fast ,Maria vs Justine match had plenty of rallies this one only few
4-3 Justine,hopping she breaks here :angel:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Stosur will serve for the match :eek:
I don`t think she will choke twice :lol:

bruce goose
May 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
DING-DONG!! The lying,cheating witch is DEAD!!:devil:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Stosur won ,she really deserved it :worship::worship::worship:
Justine had her chances but didn`t use them. Stosur put pressure on her serve
Justine double faulting in most important points :tape::help:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Holy Jebus! Congratulations Sammy, I'm really happy for her :D. Justine is not the same player she was prior to her retirement.

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Holy Jebus! Congratulations Sammy, I'm really happy for her :D. Justine is not the same player she was prior to her retirement.

Definitely not
If she can`t win RG,how does she plan to win Wimbledon with that serve :rolleyes:
Mats was right Justine didn`t beleive in herself today ,she was very nervous .Even in last game she had her chances but didn`t use them
Did he say she has the same problems with her serve as Ana :o
Ana`s problems are much worse but there are similarities

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Stosur won ,she really deserved it :worship::worship::worship:
Justine had her chances but didn`t use them. Stosur put pressure on her serve
Justine double faulting in most important points :tape::help:

:eek:

I think we are going to have a first time slam winner... unless Serena steps it up big time.

Jutine can't hope to win by overpowering the big hitters... Where is her variety and all court play?

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 02:23 PM
I think my prediction of a JJ x Woz final will be right..

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 02:27 PM

If that happens and Woz wins, JJ will kill herself :lol:.

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM
If that happens and Woz wins, JJ will kill herself :lol:.

:spit:

Woz won't beat JJ in a slam final.. no way...

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM
:eek:

I think we are going to have a first time slam winner... unless Serena steps it up big time.

Jutine can't hope to win by overpowering the big hitters... Where is her variety and all court play?

It came down to who will serve better and Stosur ofc won in that departement
I`m telling you,not many rallies it the match at all
Stosur choked once and gave Justine opportunity to come back in the match but choking twice would be too much
Possible first time GS winner ,maybe you were right about JJ :lol:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 02:39 PM
It came down to who will serve better and Stosur ofc won in that departement
I`m telling you,not many rallies it the match at all
Stosur choked once and gave Justine opportunity to come back in the match but choking twice would be too much
Possible first time GS winner ,maybe you were right about JJ :lol:

:sobbing:

I saw how Justine was playing in previous mathes.. and I just didn't trust her.. :sobbing: And I still think she was the only one who could stop JJ.. when she learns Henin lost she will double her focus and desire I'm sure. And Serena.. I not even sure she can beat Stosur.. I mean.. she can, but she will have to play really well, and we know how clay is a challenge for her. I really hope she brings it.. it's also her best chance at another RG title, and she has said more than once that she wants it.

Still.. I'm totally expecting a JJ x Caro final.. :sobbing: My nightmare of a slam. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 02:48 PM

I saw how Justine was playing in previous mathes.. and I just didn't trust her.. :sobbing: And I still think she was the only one who could stop JJ.. when she learns Henin lost she will double her focus and desire I'm sure. And Serena.. I not even sure she can beat Stosur.. I mean.. she can, but she will have to play really well, and we know how clay is a challenge for her. I really hope she brings it.. it's also her best chance at another RG title, and she has said more than once that she wants it.

Still.. I'm totally expecting a JJ x Caro final.. :sobbing: My nightmare of a slam. :sobbing:

I know Justine didn`t play well in her previous matches but she could have won today even playing like that
I have no idea who can win :shrug:
Everything is possible :lol:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 03:14 PM
Izzy your countryman is really playing well :worship:
Too bad he had to play against Rafa

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 03:24 PM
I know Justine didn`t play well in her previous matches but she could have won today even playing like that
I have no idea who can win :shrug:
Everything is possible :lol:

Yes.. it's so wide open..

Unfortunately, it only makes me hate even more Ana's crappy play.. she could be easily contending if she was playing decent. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Izzy your countryman is really playing well :worship:
Too bad he had to play against Rafa

Yes.. i was actually quite impressed every time I saw him play at this years RG. He is improving a lot in the past few months. I hope he can get into the top 20 this year... It would already make him Brazil's second best male player of all time behind Guga. :spit: Losing today will get him to 24.

spiritedenergy
May 31st, 2010, 03:46 PM
stosur:eek: i think she is a serious contender now, if she beats serena she can beat JJ too... and she had the best clay season out of the players left... still i hope serena wins it, RG can be the fluke slam, i hope it's not this year:o

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Yes.. i was actually quite impressed every time I saw him play at this years RG. He is improving a lot in the past few months. I hope he can get into the top 20 this year... It would already make him Brazil's second best male player of all time behind Guga. :spit: Losing today will get him to 24.

Top 20 is very possible
Nadal will win ofc but at least he fought and played some good tennis,unlike Fernando who fought hard and won 1 game :rolleyes:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 03:50 PM
If Serena doesn't win RG, I want Stosur to win it. Maybe Petrova.

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Top 20 is very possible
Nadal will win ofc but at least he fought and played some good tennis,unlike Fernando who fought hard and won 1 game :rolleyes:

:spit:

Losing to Nadal is no shame.. and Bellucci managed to take him to 7-5 at the second set. :)

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 03:53 PM
stosur:eek: i think she is a serious contender now, if she beats serena she can beat JJ too... and she had the best clay season out of the players left... still i hope serena wins it, RG can be the fluke slam, i hope it's not this year:o

Serena is the only one who can save it.. :sobbing:

RG is the most wide open slam.. always.. so.. A real pity Ana decided to suck sooo hard.. if she was playing to her level, she would have had a great chance last year.. and this year as well.

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 04:07 PM
If Stosur beats Serena and JJ beats Dani,i think JJ will win RG
I mean Stosur played good today but Justine helped a lot :rolleyes: JJ will return more balls and she will always make Stosur play one more shot,something what Justine didn`t do at all today :o
Same goes with Petrova and Caro if they play against each other

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 04:11 PM
If Stosur beats Serena and JJ beats Dani,i think JJ will win RG
I mean Stosur played good today but Justine helped a lot :rolleyes: JJ will return more balls and she will always make Stosur play one more shot,something what Jsutine didn`t do at all today :o
Same goes with Petrova and Caro if they play against each other

I'm telling you..

It's going to be JJ x Caro..

:help::tape::sobbing:

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'm telling you..

It's going to be JJ x Caro..

:help::tape::sobbing:

:haha:
Not the most attractive final but what can you do :shrug:
There are lot of matches to be played still :lol:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 04:30 PM
Oh Dani, please do us all a favor and beat JJ a third time :lol:. Can you imagine JJ with a slam? She will walk around thinking she is the greatest champion ever.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 31st, 2010, 04:32 PM

That would be the worst final possible. Then I would be SOOO ANGRY! :fiery:
Serena is the only one left as slam winner. That's already 1 think I won't like. If she has to win it so be it then. Everything better than JJ or Wozniacki.
Such a Wozniacki tournament. All the favorites going out and Wozniacki is the winner in the end. Thank God we had still Clijsters left at the USO. I just hate this RG right now. Only good thing is that Maria made R4.
Caro never impressed me (ok, her looks does) and never had a result that I thought was great. She can even reach the final without beating top 10. And if she beats Lena and it's still Lena who isn't playing good at all.

Now I'm only glad with 2 winners, Serena (did I say that?) or Petrova.
I really hope for Nadia.

DAMN, so angry right now :mad:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 04:51 PM
That would be the worst final possible. Then I would be SOOO ANGRY! :fiery:
Serena is the only one left as slam winner. That's already 1 think I won't like. If she has to win it so be it then. Everything better than JJ or Wozniacki.
Such a Wozniacki tournament. All the favorites going out and Wozniacki is the winner in the end. Thank God we had still Clijsters left at the USO. I just hate this RG right now. Only good thing is that Maria made R4.
Caro never impressed me (ok, her looks does) and never had a result that I thought was great. She can even reach the final without beating top 10. And if she beats Lena and it's still Lena who isn't playing good at all.

Now I'm only glad with 2 winners, Serena (did I say that?) or Petrova.
I really hope for Nadia.

DAMN, so angry right now :mad:

I hate this RG too.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM
Oh Dani, please do us all a favor and beat JJ a third time :lol:. Can you imagine JJ with a slam? She will walk around thinking she is the greatest champion ever.

I think Dani just gave away this set when she wasted that BP at 4-3. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 05:04 PM
I think Dani just gave away this set when she wasted that BP at 4-3. :sobbing:

And I was right.. :o So many missed chances Dani.. :o

gaviotabr
May 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Dani is about to implode.. I'm not watching this anymore.. :sobbing:

Jang87
May 31st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Oh Dani, Dani, Dani. Same old mental case Dani. You can never trust Daniela to win a match. I think Ana proved that at the AO :lol:.

jelenacg
May 31st, 2010, 09:38 PM
Oh Dani, Dani, Dani. Same old mental case Dani. You can never trust Daniela to win a match. I think Ana proved that at the AO :lol:.

Yeah :lol: That match was horrible
But JJ is better on clay than Dani ...
I guess SF will be just like the one in 2008.I wonder who will win this time defensive or aggressive player
I won`t be able to see any match tomorrow but that`s ok since all matches look boring to me :lol: Soderling will lose many points tomorrow :lol:

Pops Maellard
May 31st, 2010, 10:19 PM
Must be so hard to be a Dani fan. :lol:

Verdasco lost, damn. But on the other hand he's had a good clay season. And he's 5-2 VS Top 10 players this year. :cool: It's much easier to be a fan this year than last year lol

Nadia apparently retired from her doubles match with Dani citing 'stomach problems'. Maybe the tennis Gods want Elena to win after all. :lol:

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:02 AM
I am starting to hate Roland Garros more and more! Sam or Serena anybody... Just do your job... If not I will have to turn off tv and not read papers for 6 months or more... And ofc I will give up on WTA.

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:07 AM
I am starting to hate Roland Garros more and more! Sam or Serena anybody... Just do your job... If not I will have to turn off tv and not read papers for 6 months or more... And ofc I will give up on WTA.
I think if Wozniacki wins a slam I might give up WTA altogether. :lol: That's how much I hate her game.

Curtos07
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:10 AM
I am on the anybody but JJ train, so I will be a instant fan of who ever is able to beat her. :lol: But if I had to pick out of the 8 remaining players, I would go with Elena since I feel she deserves a slam.

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
LOOOOOOOOL poor Caro... The worst thing that could happen is Jankovic Woz final... And one of them winning. LOOOOOOOOL If I have to choose, I want Caro ti win it with her moonballs (badminton tennis :p) so that she can finally put a final signature of the crap that WTA is. :D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM
I think if Wozniacki wins a slam I might give up WTA altogether. :lol: That's how much I hate her game.

I think the same. Only problem is that Ana & Maria are still playing.

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:19 AM
I will maybe watch only Ana and still deciding whether should I follow Kimmy... The rest, I will have to stop... But it would be so nice if Lena actually wins this. :)

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:23 AM
Wow you think she killed puppy dogs or something :sad:

You all probably be happy I'm packing my bags and leaving Anapolis not happy about the hypocrite bullshit.

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM

You all probaly happy I'm packing my bags and leaving Anapolis not happy about the hypocrite bullshit.Though her style of play is lacking charisma(I'd REALLY love to see her diversify her game),she has a LOT going for her as a person and,for what it's worth,I agree with you that the anti-Caro sentiment often goes way too far.....We rarely hear criticism of the phony,lying cheat named Henin

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
I want Serena to win it. And I really hope she does it.. she needs to hit killer mode. I would be ok with Lena D. winning it too.. anybody else and I will be like this :banghead: for a month. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:35 AM

You all probably be happy I'm packing my bags and leaving Anapolis not happy about the hypocrite bullshit.

What's the hypocrite bullshit? You can't expect everyone to like Caro or her game or both.. It's like if I go to Dementieva's forum or Serena's forum or whoever's forum and get all pissed because they think Ana is a sorry excuse of a tennis player. I can't expect them to like Ana.. that's bullshit. :shrug: I can chose not to go there ever again.. but that would only mean I'm not a fan of that player. If you are not so much of an Ana fan anymore I understand it.. but then again, you can't expect all old Ana fans to suddenly become Caro fans just because Ana sucks now. :shrug:

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:37 AM
Though her style of play is lacking charisma(I'd REALLY love to see her diversify her game),she has a LOT going for her as a person and,for what it's worth,I agree with you that the anti-Caro sentiment often goes way too far.....We rarely hear criticism of the phony,lying cheat named Henin

Whatever I don't care but after all the JJ fans blah blah this JJ fans blah blah that of the last month.

But yet everyone does the exact same shit that is whined about excessively when it's about Ana.

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:40 AM
Whatever I don't care but after all the JJ fans blah blah this JJ fans blah blah that of the last month.

But yet everyone does the exact dame same shit that is whined about excessively when it's about Ana.

:help:

I'm totally okay with anyone (JJ fans included) discussing Ana and rooting against her.. it's up to them. Crossing the line was hoping and wishing and defending personal attacks towards Ana...

I don't think anyone here is attacking Caro personally..

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:46 AM

But yet everyone does the exact same shit that is whined about excessively when it's about Ana.Yeah,I understand where you're coming from but,tbh,you might save yourself a lot of aggravation by not coming here.A lot of posters hold Caro's style of play against her in a strong way,unfortunately...so maybe you're better off sparing yourself from reading the nasty comments

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:46 AM
What's the hypocrite bullshit? You can't expect everyone to like Caro or her game or both.. It's like if I go to Dementieva's forum or Serena's forum or whoever's forum and get all pissed because they think Ana is a sorry excuse of a tennis player. I can't expect them to like Ana.. that's bullshit. :shrug: I can chose not to go there ever again.. but that would only mean I'm not a fan of that player. If you are not so much of an Ana fan anymore I understand it.. but then again, you can't expect all old Ana fans to suddenly become Caro fans just because Ana sucks now. :shrug:

I'm not going blabber on and on and create a shit storm (atleast not more than I have) I'm just going.

And yes I still like Ana. I've been here and supporting through all the last 2 years. don't question my fandom :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm not going blabber on and on and create a shit storm (atleast not more than I have) I'm just going.

And yes I still like Ana. I've been here and supporting through all the last 2 years. don't question my fandom :rolleyes:

I just find this.."I'm going to leave because I can't take the fact that some people don't like my other fave" a really weak excuse. You just can't expect everyone to like Caro everywhere. :shrug:

But hey... sorry, I'm not going to question your fandom. Just do as you please. :shrug:

bruce goose
I don't think anyone here is attacking Caro personally..You were on target when you pointed out that this isn't Caro's forum...but I can understand where he's coming from,to an extent.Some of the comments about Caro signifying the death of the WTA are just plain stupid,IMO....not impolite,per se,but a bit excessive,maybe

MM_1257
Oh, I find Caro pretty pleasant as a person. I just do not like her game. I appologize if I ofended you, Resistance.

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 12:55 AM
Oh, I find Caro pretty pleasant as a person. I just do not like her game. I appologize if I ofended you, Resistance.
Same, it's nothing personal. When Wozniacki is in the public eye playing a highly-watched sport there are going to be differing opinions no?

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:55 AM
oh the drama:lol:

i don't like much wozniacki but i still prefer her to win above many other players, JJ included of course:tape::o

azdaja
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:20 AM

But yet everyone does the exact same shit that is whined about excessively when it's about Ana.
well, it's up to you, but i hope you do return and if you do i hope you read this and understand the difference. it's what i've been arguing about ever since i started defending ana - i never had a problem with people not liking her game or even her behaviour, i never cared if people thought she was boring. all this is already worse than what anyone has said about caro here, people simply don't like her game. what i never wanted to be tolerant about were personal attacks. when people say that ana is a bitch who is just hiding it well, for example. which was even dumber when coming from fans of a player who doesn't exactly behave in an exemplary way to put it mildly. i do not see anyone here attacking caro as a person, in fact people are saying that she is nice.

is it really so difficult for people to understand that? :shrug: nobody needs to like any of my faves and i will accept that and i also accept that my faves can be criticised for something stupid they have done, but i do not need to accept personal attacks and even less so invented stories about any of them.

so if anyone here starts saying that caro is a bitch i'd think your anger would be justified, but if people complain about her tennis that should be ok.

azdaja
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:33 AM
You were on target when you pointed out that this isn't Caro's forum...but I can understand where he's coming from,to an extent.Some of the comments about Caro signifying the death of the WTA are just plain stupid,IMO....not impolite,per se,but a bit excessive,maybe
oh yeah, that was a bit excessive, but just say "it was a bit excessive", no need to get angry ;) it's actually good to have differing opinions about other players, there is nothing to talk about when everyone agrees about everything.

we will just always agree that ana is awesome ;)

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Watching Nadal play tennis is a bit scary :lol:. He has this "If you beat me, I'm going to kill you" look on his face everytime his opponent hits a winner :lol:. Ana needs some of her killer instinct back! :D.

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM
Watching Nadal play tennis is a bit scary :lol:. He has this "If you beat me, I'm going to kill you" look on his face everytime his opponent hits a winner :lol:. Ana needs some of her killer instinct back! :D.
Sharapova kind of does a similar look. :lol: Serena at times too.

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Ding dong! Caro is out! :D. Great play from Schiavone! Wooohooo, we won't have a JJ/Caro final :lol:.

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM
So... I already got half of my prediction wrong.. I hope to get the other half of it wrong by tomorrow!

Schiavone's variety confused Caro... it even looked a bit like her matches against MJMS. Caro likes and feeds off rhythm.. if you take that away she gets very confused.

Franny is the first italian to reach a slam semi! At the tender age of 29!

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:43 PM
Caroline does not handle variety at all. Schiavone has played really well throughout this tournament, she deserves her spot in the SF :). Now if JJ goes out to Shvedova, I will be in heaven :).

I'm really nervous for Roger. This is going to be a very difficult match for him. Please win Rog!

gaviotabr
I do feel bad about Resistence now though.. sorry man!

Pops Maellard
lol and people wonder why Caro is disliked.

Don't give her stupid errors and play with a bit of variety and the smoke and mirrors that is her game is exposed. It's why Martinez Sanchez also owns her.

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Caroline does not handle variety at all. Schiavone has played really well throughout this tournament, she deserves her spot in the SF :). Now if JJ goes out to Shvedova, I will be in heaven :).

I'm really nervous for Roger. This is going to be a very difficult match for him. Please win Rog!
No way, I hope Soderling wins. :p

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Watching Caro trying to play agressive tennis is hilarious to me. She can't do it, it goes against all her natural instincts. I'm sure she'll add some variety to her game though. She is still very young.

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
No way, I hope Soderling wins. :p

I guess you're a Nadal fan:p:)

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
I guess you're a Nadal fan:p:)
No I'm a Soderling fan. :lol:

I don't think it will happen though. Fed up 5-3 in the first set.

Soderling and Federer is just like Verdasco and Nadal. It's just not gonna happen. :sobbing:

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wow, Dementieva bageled Petrova in the third set! I did not see that coming at all. Congratulations Lena!

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Elena could reach the final! :cheer:

However she'll have to face a very tough opponent there. I just hope she can play out of her mind and win if she gets there, whoeever she faces.

azdaja
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
here's a chance for demented to finally win a slam.

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM
here's a chance for demented to finally win a slam.
This could be her very last chance. Draws like this don't come everyday! I just hope she doesn't fuck it up.

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Francesca!!!:worship::worship::worship:

She did the most with her draw:lol: It must feel so good for her to be in in a RG semifinal:awww:
Petrova:tape:The usual headcase, nothing new...

Schiavone-Dementieva... i guess Dementieva will win...
still I think (and hope) the top half finalist will win at this point...
I think Dementieva has some chances in the final against Stosur and even Serena, considering her chokes on clay:tape: But i would say 0% against JJ:lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
No way you should cheer for Elena this might be her last chance to win a slam. :awww:

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
No way you should cheer for Elena this might be her last chance to win a slam. :awww:

who me??? sorry no:lol:, she's not exactly in my favorite players list:p
Also being Italian i must cheer for Francesca now (even though i know she'll lose next round so it's a bit pointless...)

Pops Maellard
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:59 PM
Please win the match Robin! He took the second set 63 after losing the first 63.

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
I missed the match while I was at work;can anyone tell me how Elena's movement was??Did she appear limited by her tender leg or was she getting around okay on court????

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Robin :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
GOAT killer :bowdown::bowdown:
Federer first time after 6 years lost before SF:eek:
I only watched from 2-2 final set and i was sure Robin would choke

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Fed played like crap. Robin deserved to win, he played better. And this is coming from a huge Roger fan :sobbing:. I would love to see Robin beat Rafa in the final. Could you imagine if that were to happen? Rafa would go crazy :lol:.

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Robin :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
GOAT killer :bowdown::bowdown:
Federer first time after 6 years lost before SF:eek:
I only watched from 2-2 final set and i was sure Robin would chokeIf I may drag you away from the ATP for a sec,did you see Elena's match??And how her leg was?If she's gonna miss this chance,I want it to be b/c someone was the better player,NOT cuz of injury

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
If I may drag you away from the ATP for a sec,did you see Elena's match??And how her leg was?If she's gonna miss this chance,I want it to be b/c someone was the better player,NOT cuz of injury

Her calf wasn't strapped like her previous matches, but she had a problem with her thigh. She was moving well though. A days rest will do her good.

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Fed played like crap. Robin deserved to win, he played better. And this is coming from a huge Roger fan :sobbing:. I would love to see Robin beat Rafa in the final. Could you imagine if that were to happen? Rafa would go crazy :lol:.

I would like to see Rafa vs Robin final :bounce:
After he beat Rafa last year ,i think we deserve to see who is better ;)
Federer won RG last year so i dont think he will be that sad bc of this defeat
If I may drag you away from the ATP for a sec,did you see Elena's match??And how her leg was?If she's gonna miss this chance,I want it to be b/c someone was the better player,NOT cuz of injury

I didn`t see any wta match today

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
Roger has nothing to be sad about. He has 16 slams, and he won RG last year.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
Woz is out! That's at least a good thing. But kinda odd to have Schiavone in the SF and Top 10. It also makes me less sad about Maria's loss. I know she played well.

Serena or Schiavone may win it now. All the others..... no option.

Although I hoped that Rafa would destroy Federer in the final, this isn't bad at all.
Now Rafa can take his revanche from last year if it's gonna be the final.
That will be some match then. Rafa's only loss and playing someone he doesn't like at all.

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
I knew Fed was going to lose when I saw this on twitter:

MSIDarbs Cmon federer! You can do this! 32 minutes ago via UberTwitter

http://twitter.com/MSIDarbs/status/15192926857

Adam's fitness coach is a major jinxer.. Everytime he let a Come on Ana! message on his twitter, Ana lost.. Now he proves it's not just with Ana.. works with anyone.. even Federer.

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:22 PM
Roger has nothing to be sad about. He has 16 slams, and he won RG last year.Thanks,Jang:).I'm not sure if Elena can pull this off;the only Slam where she hasn't blown it is the Olympics...but that's only every 4 years:o...and she'll DEFINITELY have had a kid by the time the 2012 Games come off

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM

Adam's fitness coach is a major jinxer.. Everytime he let a Come on Ana! message on his twitter, Ana lost.. Now he proves it's not just with Ana.. works with anyone.. even Federer......So you're saying he's bad luck.....What a shock!:lol::lol::lol:

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM

Adam's fitness coach is a major jinxer.. Everytime he let a Come on Ana! message on his twitter, Ana lost.. Now he proves it's not just with Ana.. works with anyone.. even Federer.

:bolt:
Seriously dude stop watching or going to Ana`s matches :tape:
You can watch Fed all you want :lol:

As my bf said no more `vlog` :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Adidas must be pulling their hairs (and Sven's) for all that's happened with Ana.. They messed up with Ana's game so bad she barely knows how to play tennis anymore.. and besides Henin (who is not that reliable anymore IMHO), Ana was always their best shot at a slam. Now they don't have anyone else at RG anymore.. well.. Melzer.. but that's probably going to end tomorrow.

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
I never really viewed Sven as a real tennis coach, I don't know why.

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
I never really viewed Sven as a real tennis coach, I don't know why.

I think he is a good tactician.. good for someone who is highly motivated and doesn't need assurance. This year, for an example.. I missed Ana using her BH moonball on clay. It would suppose a change of rhythm and that always bothers a player like Kleybanova. The BH mooonball is Sven's signature tactic shot for clay. Hantuchova was using it all the time in her matches, always to good effect.

I think apart from messing with her game, what he did that hurt Ana the most was telling her she should not put pressure on her since she wouldn't win Wimbledon or USO in 2008 anyway. I think that killed her confidence as well.. why fight and compete if your own coach is telling you that you have no chance? Even if you don't, you always have to believe you do. Her confidence crisis began at that point.

Jang87
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
He told her not to put pressure on herself because she wouldn't win Wimbledon or the US open anyway? Well thats shitty advice.

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM
Adidas must be pulling their hairs (and Sven's) for all that's happened with Ana.. They messed up with Ana's game so bad she barely knows how to play tennis anymore.. and besides Henin (who is not that reliable anymore IMHO), Ana was always their best shot at a slam. Now they don't have anyone else at RG anymore.. well.. Melzer.. but that's probably going to end tomorrow.

I don`t think so :shrug: But they are probably mad bc of all the money they have to give her even playing like crap :lol:
They still have Caro,who maybe won`t win GS this year but can go deep in every GS
Justine after this pathetic 4R defeat will probably do the impossible to have a deep run at Wimbledon

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
He told her not to put pressure on herself because she wouldn't win Wimbledon or the US open anyway? Well thats shitty advice.

Yes.. he did.. I remember reading about it at the time and getting pissed off.. it was Ana saying that at a presser and losing the very next round. :o I also read about it in the press.. like, at Wimbledon 2008, Sven saying he told Ana not to put pressure on herself, because after the Dechy match she probably didn't have much in the tank to win the whole tournament. I was like WTF?! Use that kind of match to give her confidence, tell her she can do anything.. not discourage her. And then at the USO, after the first match, Ana said it herself.. she said she talked to her coach and that winning the tournament would be too much to ask at that point, after the thumb injury. How can you have faith in yourself and in your talent if you think like this? Or worse.. if your coach tells you that? No wonder she lost all confidence.. And no wonder he couldn't get her to be mentally strong again..

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:02 PM
I don`t think so :shrug: But they are probably mad bc of all the money they have to give her even playing like crap :lol:
They still have Caro,who maybe won`t win GS this year but can go deep in every GS
Justine after this pathetic 4R defeat will probably do the impossible to have a deep run at Wimbledon

Ana is still their most marketable star Jelena.. The fact that she doens't have the results to back it up is a big concern for them I'm sure. I see more people wearing Ana's dresses at the club then people wearing anything else from adidas.. and the two pieces Justine wears, for an example, is a lot more confortable to play on for a club player than Ana's dresses.

Yes.. Justine will probably fight her heart out at Wimbledon.

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Question.. Can we compare RG 2010 to RG 2004 if neither Rafa or Serena wins it? RG 2004 was a huge fluke slam with Myskina and Gaudio winning.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Question.. Can we compare RG 2010 to RG 2004 if neither Rafa or Serena wins it? RG 2004 was a huge fluke slam with Myskina and Gaudio winning.

Then it's a great opportunity again for Lena to lose a slam final.

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
Ana is still their most marketable star Jelena.. The fact that she doens't have the results to back it up is a big concern for them I'm sure. I see more people wearing Ana's dresses at the club then people wearing anything else from adidas.. and the two pieces Justine wears, for an example, is a lot more confortable to play on for a club player than Ana's dresses.

Yes.. Justine will probably fight her heart out at Wimbledon.

Ok i agree with that but what can they do? :shrug:

I blame Sven for a few things but Ana isn`t 5 years old child so if she went into GS thinking about holiday it`s not Sven`s fault but hers :o
I`m sure if Sven told her to jump off balcony she wouldn`t do it :rolleyes:

I really don`t see Rafa and Serena both losing here

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Ok i agree with that but what can they do? :shrug:

Pull their hairs.. :spit:

I blame Sven for a few things but Ana isn`t 5 years old child so if she went into GS thinking about holiday it`s not Sven`s fault but hers :o
I`m sure if Sven told her to jump off balcony she wouldn`t do it :rolleyes:

Sure.. I don't mean it's only his fault.. It's mostly her fault, definitely. He just couldn't help...

I really don`t see Rafa and Serena both losing here

I hope both win.

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Pull their hairs.. :spit:

Sure.. I don't mean it's only his fault.. It's mostly her fault, definitely. He just couldn't help...

Yeah , the problem is they left her alone to make decisions regarding her tennis career for so long :rolleyes: She clearly doesn`t know how to do it...

I hope both win.

We hope for the same :p

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:19 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
woops, Petrova lost today... Wta is never going to change. Circus... I am starting to actually enjoy in this madness. And Caro won't win... Just hoping it is not gonna be Jankovic... :fiery:
Izzy, it is hair, I have been taught that if a person says hairs it refers to well body hair. ;)

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM
I think he is a good tactician.. good for someone who is highly motivated and doesn't need assurance. This year, for an example.. I missed Ana using her BH moonball on clay. It would suppose a change of rhythm and that always bothers a player like Kleybanova. The BH mooonball is Sven's signature tactic shot for clay. Hantuchova was using it all the time in her matches, always to good effect.

I think apart from messing with her game, what he did that hurt Ana the most was telling her she should not put pressure on her since she wouldn't win Wimbledon or USO in 2008 anyway. I think that killed her confidence as well.. why fight and compete if your own coach is telling you that you have no chance? Even if you don't, you always have to believe you do. Her confidence crisis began at that point.

What? I missed that... When did Sven say that?

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
woops, Petrova lost today... Wta is never going to change. Circus... I am starting to actually enjoy in this madness. And Caro won't win... Just hoping it is not gonna be Jankovic... :fiery:
Izzy, it is hair, I have been taught that if a person says hairs it refers to well body hair. ;)

Well.. they are probably pulling them all! :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
What? I missed that... When did Sven say that?

Wimbledon and USO 2008. Look for press (remember reading at ESPN.com) and Ana's pressers from those events.

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM
Aha, thanks... Although I think that we are slightly putting those statements out of context. Sven is only to be blamed for not being able to adress the issue in the appropriate way and not being there when needed or better said the amount that he was needed to be. I have said this several times on Ana's forum and gonna say it here too - I think that he as part of the APDP reached his goal, his culmination with her as a player in winning that Slam and No.1 and after that they went looking for other players to raise to the top level and left her a bit alone at the cloudy and foggy and slippery top, and Ana wasn't being able to find herself the way how to deal with that position there - she felt the need to prove she deserved the ranking ('cause there were doubts, public, probably even more behind the scenes), the injury helped her zero and all kinds of attention and pressures were also no help... APDP actually gave her the kick downhill too just as much as they helped her rise. But that is just my opinion, based on 6th sense... No need to kill me for that... ;)

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 08:59 PM
Well.. they are probably pulling them all! :spit:

Btw did Fran really play that well? I know Caro is not that good but 6-2 6-3 is very easy victory :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
Aha, thanks... Although I think that we are slightly putting those statements out of context.

We?

Anyway.. not really. The statements were as I'm saying.. nothing less nothing more. The context was that she had two tough matches, as both statements were made after matches against Dechy and Dushevina. It was like.. since she had so much trouble with those players, she just couldn't expect to go far anyway. And sorry.. but that's taking confidence away from a player. Especially someone so insecure as Ana.

As for the rest of your post.. yes.. but you fail to take into consideration what Ana said herself. That her coach at the time thought she had to change her game a bit to keep her there.. and he tried that without being with her full time. Ana just wasn't strong enough or confident enough for that.. it killed her game and she started to go into court with no idea of what to do. 2 years have gone by and she has even less idea now.. it has only gotten worse.

Not saying it was all their fault.. it's on Ana. She needs to show if she has the strength of character needed to rise from adversity.. if she really wants this or not.. and if her desire and love for the game is above her fear and insecurities. She needs to show her true self.. does she really want to be successful or will she settle for mediocrity?

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:01 PM
Btw did Fran really play that well? I know Caro is not that good but 6-2 6-3 is very easy victory :shrug:

I saw just a couple of games.. Franny was net rushing and using slices.. Caro was not moving great, but the thing that got her to lose so easily was that she was dead confused by the variety.

MM_1257
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
We?

Anyway.. not really. The statements were as I'm saying.. nothing less nothing more. The context was that she had two tough matches, as both statements were made after matches against Dechy and Dushevina. It was like.. since she had so much trouble with those players, she just couldn't expect to go far anyway. And sorry.. but that's taking confidence away from a player. Especially someone so insecure as Ana.

As for the rest of your post.. yes.. but you fail to take into consideration what Ana said herself. That her coach at the time thought she had to change her game a bit to keep her there.. and he tried that without being with her full time. Ana just wasn't strong enough or confident enough for that.. it killed her game and she started to go into court with no idea of what to do. 2 years have gone by and she has even less idea now.. it has only gotten worse.

Not saying it was all their fault.. it's on Ana. She needs to show if she has the strength of character needed to rise from adversity.. if she really wants this or not.. and if her desire and love for the game is above her fear and insecurities. She needs to show her true self.. does she really want to be successful or will she settle for mediocrity?

I think we are talking about the same thing just with slightly different words. ;):)Um yeah, Ana's statement was - we thought, he thought my game should be changed... etc... We, he... it is on both of them... Just all that was executed in that time was in thhe wrong way at the wrong moment... And she entered the downward spiral... Once you let the fear enter, it is extremely difficult to overcome it if you szll lack some skills and aren't completely sure in what you are doing no matter how much you love the game or want to win... The negativity always manages to come out and block you...

jelenacg
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
I saw just a couple of games.. Franny was net rushing and using slices.. Caro was not moving great, but the thing that got her to lose so easily was that she was dead confused by the variety.

Ok thanks,i was surprised by the result ...

gaviotabr
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
I think we are talking about the same thing just with slightly different words. ;):)Um yeah, Ana's statement was - we thought, he thought my game should be changed... etc... We, he... it is on both of them... Just all that was executed in that time was in thhe wrong way at the wrong moment... And she entered the downward spiral... Once you let the fear enter, it is extremely difficult to overcome it if you szll lack some skills and aren't completely sure in what you are doing no matter how much you love the game or want to win... The negativity always manages to come out and block you...

See... here is where we completely disagree. If your love for the game and desire to succeed is really greater than anything else, you are able to block most of the negativity and just fight. Fight, fight and fight. Sure it requires a lot of strength of character and a fire within.. which Ana is obviously lacking. Ana lets anything bother her and get her to bring the nagativity back stronger than ever.. she is ready to let go of things at the first little problem.. it can be a bad line call, a little pain in wherever.. the opponent hitting a great shot.. anything makes her think she can't do it. That speaks a lot about how her mind and her desire just aren't there.. The worst thing of all is that she allowed tennis to go into a negative place in the back of her mind.. it gets associated with suffering.. and it leads to the black hole she is now.

bruce goose
Jun 1st, 2010, 10:59 PM
This is a musical tribute to your newest sig about Ana,Izzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ6Zrut4yV4

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM
Robin Soderling. :worship:

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
I hope both win.

We hope for the same :p

hey :armed: what about Tomas! :lol: I want him to win, but since he is one of my favourites, of course I do :lol: I'm actually really impressed he made the SF...he lost first round last year here, and generally isn't so good on clay so :woohoo: :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
hey :armed: what about Tomas! :lol: I want him to win, but since he is one of my favourites, of course I do :lol: I'm actually really impressed he made the SF...he lost first round last year here, and generally isn't so good on clay so :woohoo: :lol:
Tomas is so talented. I think he should be in the Top 10 and competing for these kinds of titles more often.

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
About the Ana tribute video I was thinking of doing, I was wondering, what do you guys think of this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhw0rAdCRww

The lyrics could be Ana's attitude to tennis. :p

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
It sounds so depressing :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
It sounds so depressing :lol:
My other one I was thinking, was 'Flake" by Jack Johnson.

"It seems to me that maybe, pretty much always means no". :lol: Ana's attitude to practicing! :haha: Also, "And often times we're lazy". :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBPsa3jr24

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
well, I think the first song is better because it's more depressing, and therefore suits her career right now :p

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
well, I think the first song is better because it's more depressing, and therefore suits her career right now :p
Totally agree. :p

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be nightmare day of tennis for me. :sobbing:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
The lady in yellow is going to win RG this year :sobbing:. Right now it seems like no one can stop her :sobbing:.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Stosur is playing amazing clay tennis right now. Jankovic would have real trouble beating her.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Stosur is playing amazing clay tennis right now. Jankovic would have real trouble beating her.

I think Stosur has a bigger chance in beating Jankovic than Serena.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
I think Stosur has a bigger chance in beating Jankovic than Serena.

I agree, it's part of the reason I'm going for Sam now. She just has the most heavy and dynamic forehand I think we have ever seen on women's tennis on a clay court. It is just an intense, heavy shot. So hard to deal with.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
I agree, it's part of the reason I'm going for Sam now. She just has the most heavy and dynamic forehand I think we have ever seen on women's tennis on a clay court. It is just an intense, heavy shot. So hard to deal with.

Her FH is amazing. I just hope she will be able to control her emotions/nerves if she gets to the SF. Jankovic is more experienced in that way.

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Fred Stolle is such a :yawn: commentator.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Anas FH used to be that amazing :sobbing:.

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Anas FH used to be that amazing :sobbing:.
Even better. :sobbing:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Even better. :sobbing:

She used to hit it with such precision and intensity. Now she only hits puffballs:help:

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Ana's forehand and Stosur's forehand are totally different though ;) Ana's was more precise and penetrating with flatness, Stosur's is more like a mans :lol:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I know they are different. But that is what makes Sams FH a weapon, she hits it more like an ATP player :lol:. The ladies aren't used to that.

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Sam choked serving it out.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Sam has difficulty closing out matches. She choked a little against Henin but managed to regain her focus. I think she'll do the same against Serena.

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Sam has difficulty closing out matches. She choked a little against Henin but managed to regain her focus. I think she'll do the same against Serena.
Serena might not allow her to though. If Serena wins the TB I'd give her the edge in the third.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah I think Serena is winning this match now..Stosur has let it slip...

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Wow. Serena took the second set. This is why she has 12 majors!

Pops Maellard
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Poor Sammy. :awww: Oh well I don't think I need to bother watching the last set, goodnight everyone!

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
NOOOO! Jankovic in the SF.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
NOOOO! Jankovic in the SF.

That was always gonna happen once it was against Shvedova though :lol:

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
That was always gonna happen once it was against Shvedova though :lol:

True :sobbing: :lol:

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
True :sobbing: :lol:

Whoever wins this match just has to beat her :shrug: Because Dementieva or Schiavone will definitely NOT.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
If Serena gets to the SF she has to play much better then she is now if she wants to beat JJ.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
She definitely does, she is serving well now at least. But she has to actually move because Jankovic won't choke like Stosur is.

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Ahhhhh! Sam did it! She beat Serena! Now kick some yellow ass in the SF! Sam has beaten both Henin and Serena, she better win the title!

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Jelena Jankovic just won the 2010 RG. Congrats.. NOT.

There is no way Stosur will beat her in the semis. Just no way. :o

$@#$#$QW Serena! You had a MP! Then you had 0-30 at Stosur's serve! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
I dunno, I think Stosur is gonna beat her actually...

Jang87
Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Jelena Jankovic just won the 2010 RG. Congrats.. NOT.

There is no way Stosur will beat her in the semis. Just no way. :o

$@#$#$QW Serena! You had a MP! Then you had 0-30 at Stosur's serve! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Actually Sam has a better chance beating JJ than Serena. Did you see the match? Serena was awful. Movement sucked. Sam keeps the points shorter and she can hit through JJ.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Actually Sam has a better chance beating JJ than Serena. Did you see the match? Serena was awful. Movement sucked. Sam keeps the points shorter and she can hit through JJ.

I watched some of it. I can tell you.. Sam has no chance. Serena gave away too many points in UEs and Sam's slice hurts her to no end.

Jankovic will hit to Stosur's BH all the time, which Serena didn't do.. JJ is also a much better returner.. so she will not have so much trouble returning Sam's kick serve. Sam's slice also doesn't bother her as she bends her knees to hit her shots a lot more than Serena does to hit hers. JJ will return a lot more balls than Serena did, making Stosur hit another shot.. and another.. and another. And she just doesn't have the consistency to hit 4 winners to win 1 point.

Serena had 100% more chance of beating JJ, because she can actually crush serve returns. And JJ's puff balling goes straight to her hitting zone.

It's about match up.. not about how a player just played in a match. Besides all that, I'm sure Serena would up her game in a slam semi. Her most vulnerable match is always the QF. She is usually nails in SFs and Fs.

But well.. I guess it must be destiny or something.. sucks.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
I think though that Sam can really hurt Jankovic with her forehand, I mean she made Justine's backhand look average at best and we know it isn't. If Sam plays her best, on clay, no one beats her, no matter who they are, just because of the sheer strength of her serve and her forehand. I dunno who is gonna win, but she did beat Jankovic last time they played, and I think she is better on clay than she is on hard...so I don't think it's a definite anyway.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
I think though that Sam can really hurt Jankovic with her forehand, I mean she made Justine's backhand look average at best and we know it isn't. If Sam plays her best, on clay, no one beats her, no matter who they are, just because of the sheer strength of her serve and her forehand. I dunno who is gonna win, but she did beat Jankovic last time they played, and I think she is better on clay than she is on hard...so I don't think it's a definite anyway.

But that's the thing.. Jankovic will keep the ball away from her FH.. will pounce her BH all the time. And it will get shorter and shorter until JJ hits it for a put away. With Serena, those short sliced balls hurt her.. because she just has to bend her knees too much. She would mostly hit those shots at the net.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
You know.. I wouldn't even mind JJ winning a slam in the past.. but did it have to be right now? UGH!

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
I watched some of it. I can tell you.. Sam has no chance. Serena gave away too many points in UEs and Sam's slice hurts her to no end.

Jankovic will hit to Stosur's BH all the time, which Serena didn't do.. JJ is also a much better returner.. so she will not have so much trouble returning Sam's kick serve. Sam's slice also doesn't bother her as she bends her knees to hit her shots a lot more than Serena does to hit hers. JJ will return a lot more balls than Serena did, making Stosur hit another shot.. and another.. and another. And she just doesn't have the consistency to hit 4 winners to win 1 point.

Serena had 100% more chance of beating JJ, because she can actually crush serve returns. And JJ's puff balling goes straight to her hitting zone.

It's about match up.. not about how a player just played in a match. Besides all that, I'm sure Serena would up her game in a slam semi. Her most vulnerable match is always the QF. She is usually nails in SFs and Fs.

But well.. I guess it must be destiny or something.. sucks.

100% agree :worship:
But what can you do :shrug: If she wins it congrats to her

Stosur played very mentally exhausting match today and she has to play again tomorrow against someone who will return at least 3,4 balls more than both Serena and Justine did...that`s very tough
Plus it`s a SF ,before this Sam played 1 SF and JJ has 4,5 SFs,she has more experience ,not to mention that Sam is choking :o
Sam has a chance ofc but JJ has this in a bag

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
But that's the thing.. Jankovic will keep the ball away from her FH.. will pounce her BH all the time. And it will get shorter and shorter until JJ hits it for a put away. With Serena, those short sliced balls hurt her.. because she just has to bend her knees too much. She would mostly hit those shots at the net.

Well, Jankovic hits 90% of her own shots down the line, so some shots will go to Stosur's forehand :lol: I think though she might not get a chance to dictate play like that if Stosur serves well. I do think this match comes down to Stosur. If she is a bit off she will lose, but if she is on top of her game and confident, she will win.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
100% agree :worship:
But what can you do :shrug: If she wins it congrats to her

Stosur played very mentally exhausting match today and she has to play again tomorrow against someone who will return at least 3,4 balls more than both Serena and Justine did...that`s very tough
Plus it`s a SF ,before this Sam played 1 SF and JJ has 4,5 SFs,she has more experience ,not to mention that Sam is choking :o
Sam has a chance ofc but JJ has this in a bag

JJ has the tournament in the bag..

You know.. maybe it's good if she wins.. Maybe Ana will see it, and will get some motivation to do better.. :o

Well, Jankovic hits 90% of her own shots down the line, so some shots will go to Stosur's forehand :lol: I think though she might not get a chance to dictate play like that if Stosur serves well. I do think this match comes down to Stosur. If she is a bit off she will lose, but if she is on top of her game and confident, she will win.

Actually.. yes.. JJ hits down the line. Which means she will pounce Stosur's BH, with her FH.. and then hit her best shot, which is her BH DTL to Stosur's forehand, which will not allow Stosur to attack. JJ's BH is a heavy shot.. not attackable at all.

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM

Justine BH looked average bc she was trying to beat Stosur in Stosur`s game
JJ won`t do that ,she won`t try to hit winner and to be aggressive...she will return as many balls as possible until Sam makes UE

I was comparing that match to the one Ana vs JJ at RG .I think Ana had better movement on clay than Sam and better BH and she still needed 3 sets and to dig deep until she beat JJ
JJ`s opponent so far were so weak but still i don`t see JJ having any problems to beat Sam
I wish i was wrong

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Justine BH looked average bc she was trying to beat Stosur in Stosur`s game
JJ won`t do that ,she won`t try to hit winner and to beat aggressive...she will return as many balls as possible until Sam makes UE

I was comparing that match to the one Ana vs JJ at RG .I think Ana had better movement on clay than Sam and better BH and she still needed 3 sets and to dig deep until she beat JJ
JJ`s opponent so far were so weak but still i don`t see JJ having any problems to beat Sam
I wish i was wrong

Exactly Jelena!

I also hope Sam proves us wrong.. unlikely though...

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
JJ has the tournament in the bag..

You know.. maybe it's good if she wins.. Maybe Ana will see it, and will get some motivation to do better.. :o

Actually.. yes.. JJ hits down the line. Which means she will pounce Stosur's BH, with her FH.. and then hit her best shot, which is her BH DTL to Stosur's forehand, which will not allow Stosur to attack. JJ's BH is a heavy shot.. not attackable at all.

That's true, but Jankovic's forehand is not that good, and Stosur's backhand is not that bad. I dunno, I think maybe you are underrating Stosur's chance, because I think she definitely has a better clay court game than Jankovic..she has way more weapons anyway. I too think Stosur will probably lose, but I think it's only about a 60-40 split in Jankovic's favour. Should be an interesting match either way.

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
That's true, but Jankovic's forehand is not that good, and Stosur's backhand is not that bad. I dunno, I think maybe you are underrating Stosur's chance, because I think she definitely has a better clay court game than Jankovic..she has way more weapons anyway. I too think Stosur will probably lose, but I think it's only about a 60-40 split in Jankovic's favour. Should be an interesting match either way.

I don`t :shrug:
It`s easy to hit a good FH when you hit a great serve .But JJ is better returner and i can already tell you that Sam won`t get many free poits on her serve
I really hope i` wrong bc Sam beat Justine and Serena and you would think it`s enough for the title but i guess not :shrug:
Anyway we`ll see tomorrow who is better :p

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Well like I said before, Stosur has probably the best clay court forehand womens tennis has ever seen...and if she can use it, it is gonna be so hard to beat her. I mean, she has out toughed Henin and Serena in a row, in a slam, which is no easy feat :lol: But I think 1 of 2 things will happen...she will have a mental let down (not physical because she is fit as hell) and just wont be on, giving Jankovic as many opportunities as she wants to win, or she will get super confident and play lights out tennis. That's why I think it comes down to her, but of course I could be wrong ;)

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
We will see tomorrow.. but it's a foregone conclusion IMHO.

This already goes up there in the list of worst slams ever for me.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
We will see tomorrow.. but it's a foregone conclusion IMHO.

This already goes up there in the list of worst slams ever for me.

In the womens it was for me when I had no favourites left after round 2 :lol: :rolleyes: My only 2 faves in the draw won 3 games in that round :hearts:

jelenacg
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Well like I said before, Stosur has probably the best clay court forehand womens tennis has ever seen...and if she can use it, it is gonna be so hard to beat her. I mean, she has out toughed Henin and Serena in a row, in a slam, which is no easy feat :lol: But I think 1 of 2 things will happen...she will have a mental let down (not physical because she is fit as hell) and just wont be on, giving Jankovic as many opportunities as she wants to win, or she will get super confident and play lights out tennis. That's why I think it comes down to her, but of course I could be wrong ;)

I`m hopping for the second option :lol:
I agree with everything you said,the only difference is that Sam still didn`t play against player who returns so many balls as JJ does
She had so tough match today and has to play again tomorow against tough opponent :o
After she beat Justine and Serena it would be stupid not to win whole thing but it can happened :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
In the womens it was for me when I had no favourites left after round 2 :lol: :rolleyes: My only 2 faves in the draw won 3 games in that round :hearts:

Since my only favorite is Ana.. :sobbing: It was already a pain.. but having all these players in SFs.. I just want it to be Wimbledon already. :o

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Since my only favorite is Ana.. :sobbing: It was already a pain.. but having all these players in SFs.. I just want it to be Wimbledon already. :o

Ugh I know, I can't wait for grass now. I'm over clay and I'm over this tournament. It sucks. At least though I have Tomas in the mens still doing well so I can focus on that.

gaviotabr
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
I agree with everything you said,the only difference is that Sam still didn`t play against player who returns so many balls as JJ does
She had so tough match today and has to play again tomorow against tough opponent :o
After she beat Justine and Serena it would be stupid not to win whole thing but it can happened :rolleyes:

That's the thing too.. Stosur just played a really draining match and she will have no time to recover emotionally. And now she will have to play someone who will get so many balls back.. who demands a lot of focus from the opponent. Apart from all that.. it's a slam semi final.. JJ has a lot more experience on that. Sam is likely thinking she can actually win the title now.. and that's pressure on her.. I'm not sure she can handle it. So far.. against Serena and Justine, she was the big underdog.. no pressure.

Davodus
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM

Happens a lot though, big win over top player, next match let down. But I guess it happens more with young, inexperienced players, so maybe Stosur will be able to fight that off :lol: I hoooope.