PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I dn't know if Domi can win the title, but she is definitely on her way to top 10 with Na losing today.

Ana can only blame herself really.. if she had made it to QF, and it was oh so close, she would be top 10 with Na losing today. :tape::help:

fANAtic
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
The question is not top 10 right now, but top 12. Will Ana be n.12 for Wim with Na losing?

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
The question is not top 10 right now, but top 12. Will Ana be n.12 for Wim with Na losing?

No.. Ana will be 13. Ana needed 4th round to get past Zvonareva and assure a top 12 seed. As it is, Domi needs a semi to be 10.

Right now its:

10 - Na
11 - Domi
12 - Vera
13 - Ana

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Maria seems to be rubbing her wrist too much.. :scared:

fANAtic
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
So, Kvity in round 4 then?

SidTheKid
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Well if she gets to R4....

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
So, Kvity in round 4 then?

:sobbing: Maybe.. We would have to pray to be Radwanska again and hope Ana somehow gets that far... :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Some ranking changes that could still happen..

Sharapova can be number 1 if she reaches the final.

Stosur can be number 4 if she wins title and Kvitova doesn't reach final.

Errani and Kanepi need a final to pass Ana for the number 13 ranking.

If I were Ana I would seriously consider getting a WC into Birmingham.. If Cibulkova loses in the QF to Stosur and Ana won Birmingham, which has a weak field, she would enter top 10 and get a better seed for Wimbledon. But of course she won't.. as Cajka said, Ana has awful match skills.. :sobbing:

18majors
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Sharapova.. :facepalm:

At this rate, Errani is going to win RG and I'm going to rage forever at Ana.

Thanks God, Maria survived.

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Birmingham is a great chance, IMO it's better than playing Eastbourne. I fail to understand Ana's logic. Eastbourne is packed, you must play brilliant to make a good result and it doesn't offer enough points for that kind of nightmare. IMO, if she wants to tank something, it's better to win Birmingham and tank Eastbourne. :shrug: She won't qualify for YEC with this schedule and losing points from Bali will hurt a lot. Ana's awful decisions make me question my devotion. :bigcry:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Birmingham is a great chance, IMO it's better than playing Eastbourne. I fail to understand Ana's logic. Eastbourne is packed, you must play brilliant to make a good result and it doesn't offer enough points for that kind of nightmare. IMO, if she wants to tank something, it's better to win Birmingham and tank Eastbourne. :shrug: She won't qualify for YEC with this schedule and losing points from Bali will hurt a lot. Ana's awful decisions make me question my devotion. :bigcry:

I so agree with this post.. :sobbing:

I think she didn't even have to play Eastbourne if she actually got to Birmingham final. And if she got far in Birmingham, she would still have a week to rest before Wimbledon.. I mean, I'm trying to make some sense of her tanking Eastbourne, must be because she doesn't want to force anything the week before a slam.. :shrug:

But well.. she is taking this whole week off in Belgrade, so we know she isn't even considering the possibility. That Nigel doesn't see this is even worse.. he should advise her better..

18majors
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM

You can't give up, Ana is only 24 years old. She will be there.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Nadal just thrives in this heavy dump conditions.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Sharapova was working out at the gym after her 3 hours match today. She has won 20 of her last 21 3 set matches. Impressive.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Poor Pico.. :help:

18majors
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sharapova was working out at the gym after her 3 hours match today. She has won 20 of her last 21 3 set matches. Impressive.

Wish Ana work out in the gym with Maria!

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
But well.. she is taking this whole week off in Belgrade, so we know she isn't even considering the possibility. That Nigel doesn't see this is even worse.. he should advise her better..

I'm afraid that he would get fired.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm afraid that he would get fired.

Probably.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:57 PM

There are people who think that Ana wants to look feminine, which is why she avoids the gym. Thinking about that makes me question my devotion again. :bigcry:

18majors
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
There are people who think that Ana wants to look feminine, which is why she avoids the gym. Thinking about that makes me question my devotion again. :bigcry:

I thought Maria still looks feminine, gym or not.

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I thought Maria still looks feminine, gym or not.

Of course she does. :shrug: Kirilenko is very muscular, but she looks great too. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM

I hope these people are very wrong.. :sobbing: Going to the gym doesn't mean getting Nadal's byceps..

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I'd like someone to explain me what was wrong with Ana's body in the end of 2010?

And wasn't she moving great?

A3Xa1a-aS2I&feature=related

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'd like someone to explain me what was wrong with Ana's body in the end of 2010?

And wasn't she moving great?

A3Xa1a-aS2I&feature=related

End of 2010.. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Still think that was the best Ana played since 2008. I really don't get what happened there.. she was playing well, serving well, hitting hard, moving well.. she was fit and finally looked like going in the right direction. And then she decided to change everything she was doing.. lost a lot of weight, changed coach.. WHY? I mean.. she had endured 2 years of hardship.. when it finally looked like she had find the way to get back on track she changes everything? Just keep doing what you are doing if its working!

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Didn't she decide to change the serve motion after reaching #1 and winning a slam? :lol: As a result, we got that beautiful and unique toss. :hearts:

She was playing badly after the thumb injury (USO, Beijing, Moscow), but she was finally finding some form in Zurich and Linz. She didn't play well in Doha, she had that dizziness and breathing strange issues, but there was no need to change the serve. :tape: Then in the beginning of 2009 she came with that toss. :tape: Why? :sobbing: All she needed was a sport psychologist. It could've been cured back then. Maybe she wouldn't win a slam in 2009, but at least she wouldn't lose so many early rounds. Maybe she would win a slam in 2010 or last year, we had different winners in last 5 slams.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Didn't she decide to change the serve motion after reaching #1 and winning a slam? :lol: As a result, we got that beautiful and unique toss. :hearts:

She was playing badly after the thumb injury (USO, Beijing, Moscow), but she was finally finding some form in Zurich and Linz. She didn't play well in Doha, she had that dizziness and breathing strange issues, but there was no need to change the serve. :tape: Then in the beginning of 2009 she came with that toss. :tape: Why? :sobbing: All she needed was a sport psychologist. It could've been cured back then. Maybe she wouldn't win a slam in 2009, but at least she wouldn't lose so many early rounds. Maybe she would win a slam in 2010 or last year, we had different winners in last 5 slams.

Look at RG.. if Ana wasn't such a headcase, I definitely think she could have more than 1 title there.. :sobbing:

About a psychologist.. I've simply lost all hope on that... if she was open to it she would've worked with someone already.. its been 4 years! As she said.. she reads a lot of psychology books so she knows enough about it. :spit::tape::help: #AnasWisdom

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Look at RG.. if Ana wasn't such a headcase, I definitely think she could have more than 1 title there.. :sobbing:

About a psychologist.. I've simply lost all hope on that... if she was open to it she would've worked with someone already.. its been 4 years! As she said.. she reads a lot of psychology books so she knows enough about it. :spit::tape::help: #AnasWisdom

I think that she said in one of the interviews this year that she would try working with the psychologist if she finds out that her game is fine, but it's still not "clicking". I remember that I said that she was acting like a Serbian grandma who's afraid of shrinks. And then I had a big fight with Srbija and who came to conclusion that I was a Serbian grandma (from Milošević's era) who doesn't understand that Ana is a modern girl from 21st century who wanted to study psychology herself, so she knows it best. :shrug:

Well, if she thinks that her game is still not good enough and that working on her serve or fh is her priority, OK - first things first. But she really had enough time to work on her game. The toss isn't such a mess anymore, fh and bh looks better, her movement isn't bad. There's a room for improvement, but she has a game to have deeper runs than she does. Why doesn't she? Why isn't her game start clicking? :shrug: This is the moment for it. Then again, maybe she has some witchcraft sessions with Četojević. Maybe that's the reason to go to Belgrade so often. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I think that she said in one of the interviews this year that she would try working with the psychologist if she finds out that her game is fine, but it's still not "clicking". I remember that I said that she was acting like a Serbian grandma who's afraid of shrinks. And then I had a big fight with Srbija and who came to conclusion that I was a Serbian grandma (from Milošević's era) who doesn't understand that Ana is a modern girl from 21st century who wanted to study psychology herself, so she knows it best. :shrug:

Well, if she thinks that her game is still not good enough and that working on her serve or fh is her priority, OK - first things first. But she really had enough time to work on her game. The toss isn't such a mess anymore, fh and bh looks better, her movement isn't bad. There's a room for improvement, but she has a game to have deeper runs than she does. Why doesn't she? Why isn't her game start clicking? :shrug: This is the moment for it. Then again, maybe she has some witchcraft sessions with Četojević. Maybe that's the reason to go to Belgrade so often. :lol:

:lol: We wish!

I remember she said that.. then last week she said: "I feel things are starting to click. I'm feeling good about my chances of going further in this tournament." :spit: I have an issue with this whole clicking thing.. it seems like it doesn't depend on her.. that its going to happen to her instead of her making it happen. As JAS said, she puts things out of her own control thinking like that.

She should stop to think about why she always loses when a set or match gets tight, why she can't convert so many chances, why she drops intensity so often and loses focus after any interruption in rhtyhm (like those famous bathroom breaks that never fail). Her mind really isn't up to the task yet.. and it can be trained as much as a FH or a BH. She is just refusing to do it..

Cajka
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM

I remember she said that.. then last week she said: "I feel things are starting to click. I'm feeling good about my chances of going further in this tournament." :spit: I have an issue with this whole clicking thing.. it seems like it doesn't depend on her.. that its going to happen to her instead of her making it happen. As JAS said, she puts things out of her own control thinking like that.

You're not the only one who has an issue with that click demon. I wonder what that is. Nice draw, beautiful weather, the moon in third house, the December 21?! Maybe it (whatever it is) can click indeed, but push the button at least, woman.

She should stop to think about why she always loses when a set or match gets tight, why she can't convert so many chances, why she drops intensity so often and loses focus after any interruption in rhtyhm (like those famous bathroom breaks that never fail). Her mind really isn't up to the task yet.. and it can be trained as much as a FH or a BH. She is just refusing to do it..

I think that she's too proud to admit that her confidence is low. She likes to think that it's something more complicated. :lol:

18majors
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:41 PM

I often wonder how far would Maria go if she had Ana's serves and FH.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
You're not the only one who has an issue with that click demon. I wonder what that is. Nice draw, beautiful weather, the moon in third house, the December 21?! Maybe it (whatever it is) can click indeed, but push the button at least, woman.

:lol: So true..

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070119202227/uncyclopedia/images/1/12/Click.gif
http://www.animatedgif.net/sitemessages/clickhere/clickherenow_e0.gif

I think that she's too proud to admit that her confidence is low. She likes to think that it's something more complicated. :lol:

:lol: Complicating the simple things is one of Ana's specialties.

gaviotabr
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I often wonder how far would Maria go if she had Ana's serves and FH.

Not as far as she usually goes.. Maria is fine with her own serve and FH.

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:40 AM
That mouse is so cute, too bad that the mice are not as cute in nature. :scared:

By the way, I'm sure that Masha would be successful with Ana's serve and fh. She's someone who doesn't hesitate, she has real guts and heart. She wouldn't panic or push. The better question is what Radwanska would do with Ana's serve and fh. Her serve and fh are very weak, but she makes the best of it. Imagine her with the real weapons and the head that she has.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:49 AM
That mouse is so cute, too bad that the mice are not as cute in nature. :scared:

By the way, I'm sure that Masha would be successful with Ana's serve and fh. She's someone who doesn't hesitate, she has real guts and heart. She wouldn't panic or push. The better question is what Radwanska would do with Ana's serve and fh. Her serve and fh are very weak, but she makes the best of it. Imagine her with the real weapons and the head that she has.

Radwanska would conquer the world!

Since we have a mouse theme going on.. Does anyone think about Brain when they see A-Rad? :lol: Not that she is the smartest player around, but she always has the same expression, like she is plotting a brilliant plan to conquer the world and drive opponents into submission.. except when she plays Azarenka. :spit:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/325/a/1/Brain_of_Pink_and_Brain_Carton_by_coxao.jpg

I agree with the post by the way.. mind is so important in tennis.. heart too. I turned into an Ana fan in 2005, but it was all her 3 set wins in 2007 that really turned me a hardcore fan and that one semi win at AO 08 that just planted an eternal hope in me. I thought Ana used to put SO much heart in her matches.. There has been such a long time that I last saw Ana put real heart in a match. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Aga... :lol: I'm a fan, so I might be biased. Her expression is always the same, it's true. She doesn't celebrate the points, she doesn't get frustrated. When she wins the match, she barely celebrates it. I wonder if there would be some big reaction in case she won a slam. I can't imagine her celebrating it excessively. :spit:

About intelligence... She's crafty, she can expose the weaknesses of her opponents better than any girl atm. Who is the smartest? Huh... could be Serena. There are pretty smart players who often look like they are brainless. Vera in the first place. The second could be Dani. Vika is very intelligent too IMO.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Aga... :lol: I'm a fan, so I might be biased. Her expression is always the same, it's true. She doesn't celebrate the points, she doesn't get frustrated. When she wins the match, she barely celebrates it. I wonder if there would be some big reaction in case she won a slam. I can't imagine her celebrating it excessively. :spit:

About intelligence... She's crafty, she can expose the weaknesses of her opponents better than any girl atm. Who is the smartest? Huh... could be Serena. There are pretty smart players who often look like they are brainless. Vera in the first place. The second could be Dani. Vika is very intelligent too IMO.

Agreed. I'm ok with Aga.. its just that her expression is funny since its always the same, in a way she looks like plotting something. :lol:

I'm not sure who is smartest player.. I wouldnt put Dani in the mix, but agree on the others you mention.

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:06 AM
And about Ana... Well, I always followed the progress of Serbian youngsters. But, of course, I didn't know what her game was like (just like I'm not able to watch Čurović's matches now), I just knew that she was amazing. From #700 to #100 in one season, it was WOW! And when I saw her game in 2004 I was really impressed. I also loved her attitude, her ajdes, her serious face and confidence. I thought that she'll win all 4 slams. How delusional, huh? I remember almost all the televised matches. I remember the time when there wasn't a Serbian commentator on ES, so we listened foreign commentators complimenting Ana. I was convinced that she would accomplish more than Novak. :spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
And about Ana... Well, I always followed the progress of Serbian youngsters. But, of course, I didn't know what her game was like (just like I'm not able to watch Čurović's matches now), I just knew that she was amazing. From #700 to #100 in one season, it was WOW! And when I saw her game in 2004 I was really impressed. I also loved her attitude, her ajdes, her serious face and confidence. I thought that she'll win all 4 slams. How delusional, huh? I remember almost all the televised matches. I remember the time when there wasn't a Serbian commentator on ES, so we listened foreign commentators complimenting Ana. I was convinced that she would accomplish more than Novak. :spit:

:lol:

You weren't the only one to think Ana would acomplish a lot. I'm pretty sure she is the biggest disappointment of this decade in the whole tennis stablishment. Nobody expected her to fall off the face of Earth like she did just after winning a slam.. people actually expected her to win more.

I remember after a doubles match at USO 2006, Navratilova said she was sure Ana would be a multiple slam winner.. :spit::sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:26 AM

You weren't the only one to think Ana would acomplish a lot. I'm pretty sure she is the biggest disappointment of this decade in the whole tennis stablishment. Nobody expected her to fall off the face of Earth like she did just after winning a slam.. people actually expected her to win more.

I remember after a doubles match at USO 2006, Navratilova said she was sure Ana would be a multiple slam winner.. :spit::sobbing:

Well, I said that my judgement is very poor. Have I told you that my biggest fave before Ana was Marat Safin? :spit: My other disappointment was obviously JJ. :sobbing: She never had such big weapons like Ana, but it's really disappointing that she never won a slam. Although, I must admit that the writing was on the wall. Someone who's not deluded would've realized that JJ never had what it takes during the USO SF. What a ridiculous choke. :facepalm:

fANAtic
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:26 AM

It's not over yet Izzy. Navratilova could still be right.;)

18majors
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM

I agree, Ana is 24 and Maria is 25, both of them can still win more slams in the next 2-3 years before they decide to hang it up for good.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 AM

Hope is really the last to die.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I agree, Ana is 24 and Maria is 25, both of them can still win more slams in the next 2-3 years before they decide to hang it up for good.

Maria is getting there... Ana needs to actually reach the QF of a slam at some point to start to dream about that.. In the 4 years since Ana last got to a slam QF, Schvedova has reached 1, had a knee surgery, fall off the top 200, and then reached another QF, Kanepi has 4 QFs, Errani 2 QFs, Tamira Paszek has 1, Domi has 4, Pironkova has 2, and the list goes on..

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Well, I said that my judgement is very poor. Have I told you that my biggest fave before Ana was Marat Safin? :spit: My other disappointment was obviously JJ. :sobbing: She never had such big weapons like Ana, but it's really disappointing that she never won a slam. Although, I must admit that the writing was on the wall. Someone who's not deluded would've realized that JJ never had what it takes during the USO SF. What a ridiculous choke. :facepalm:

I see you have a thing for headcases.. I liked Ana exactly because I thought she wasnt one.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I see you have a thing for headcases.. I liked Ana exactly because I thought she wasnt one.. :sobbing:

Just look at my sig. :help: I gave up on many of those girls. But I can't give up on Ana and JJ, I'm too involved emotionally. There are maybe 4 players whose wins and losses made me cry: Ana (few times, I'm embarrassed to admit), JJ (also few times), Maria and Safin. In the end of Safin's career I really gave up and I felt the relief when he retired, those matches made me suffer too much. It will eventually happen with JJ too, I feel miserable while watching her. Her slump is so awful and painful, Ana's slump wasn't so bad, really. :tape:

18majors
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Maria is getting there... Ana needs to actually reach the QF of a slam at some point to start to dream about that.. In the 4 years since Ana last got to a slam QF, Schvedova has reached 1, had a knee surgery, fall off the top 200, and then reached another QF, Kanepi has 4 QFs, Errani 2 QFs, Tamira Paszek has 1, Domi has 4, Pironkova has 2, and the list goes on..

When it rains, it pours. Maria hasn't reached any slam QF from 2009 RO until 2011 RO; and then she's reached QF or better on 3 of the 4 slams since that.

As I said, Ana is as talented as Maria and her time will come.

fANAtic
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I'll stay optimistic until the day she fires Nigel. If that happens, we have very little to hope for.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I'll stay optimistic until the day she fires Nigel. If that happens, we have very little to hope for.

Is Nigel the savior? :lol: It's not like she hasn't changed coaches before many many times.. It's really on Ana, not on any coach..

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:35 AM
At least she doesn't lose in R1 anymore. Seriously, I wouldn't survive her losses to CSN, LDL, KDK etc. At least she had some decent wins (Fran, Sveta twice, Vera, Caro, Makiri, Bartoli, Dani, King). It's not that she's great, but it's easier for me to handle those top 15 results than JJ's results. Now she must start reaching the QFs. The top 4 will fall apart, this is not ATP, she must dig deeply, this is still the season with great opportunities. She must take tips from Masha. Just hang in there, the chances will come again. Just like a cat on the hot tin roof, she must stay there long enough. She can't give up now.

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
you are talking about the match against justine here? yup, pretty much. which year was that? i saw that match and from that moment on i was pretty sure jj wouldn't win a slam. i remember how everybody here was worried that she would win fo 2010 (the fistpumpgate had just made jj hated here) and i said everybody to relax and wait for jj to actually do it. and that was the trainwreck which schiavone won.

Hope is really the last to die.. :sobbing:
things only need to click :oh: and then the ranking and later grand slams will come :hearts:

seriously, though, i think things that need to click ana are in her game and in her head i think that's what she means. i also think she is addressing some of her mental problems, judging from things she says these days, even though we don't know how.

JAS_
Jun 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Huh guys your (well, me included) theories about why Ana is not reaching her full potential (as wee see it) are as complicated as the theory of geocentric system bacame by the time it was finally replaced. The predictions were becoming further and further from reality that by the time it was replaced it needed ever more adjustments; it was suspect just on the account of how complicated it was. There is a principle in science called Occam's razor. It says that when you have several explanations, the one which introduces the least number of hypotheses is favorable.

When we say: oh she isn't fit, she isn't mentally strong, she is trying, doing all her best, but heck she is bad at math, and not only her, everyone in her team is bad at math, she has weird logic, yet she makes millions of dollars, she is not fit enough to play longer than 2 hours, yet is paid millions for being an athlete, doesn't it begin to sound too complicated?
And really, maybe it's only complicated because there are two hypotheses each of which on its own is enough to explain everything:
1. She doesn't care enough.
2. She isn't able.
If you want to believe that she is able and willing then you must introduce all those weird theories about her resistance to psychology, and what not.
But I sure think she is able and willing to get fit for modelling (Lojanica), and no one is going to convince me that she is unable to get fit enough to play three setters. It's been a whole year since she fired Lojanica because she made her weak and unfit. Sorry, I don't buy it. She must have a reason.
So, this for instance is what I would find embarrassing: to be earning so much money and be dead after 5th game in the third. I would be ashamed, for instance, to say that is the reason and still be earning these amounts. Because fitness is something within your control, perhaps your talent is not, but fitness certainly is.
Btw, at the time when she won Bali and Linz was her longest winning streak (10 I think) since that RG, and I think hasn't bit more fit (matchwise) and enduring since.

So, long story short, I really doubt that at this point she doesn't know what she is doing.
Thus, I prefer the simple theory. And you know what I think about her abilities, so...yeah.
I think she is ok with the way things are. If she were not she would be doing everything in her power to change it. And we all see so many things she could be doing and she isn't. And these do not take a genius, so that's that pretty much.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Huh guys your (well, me included) theories about why Ana is not reaching her full potential (as wee see it) are as complicated as the theory of geocentric system bacame by the time it was finally replaced. The predictions were becoming further and further from reality that by the time it was replaced it needed ever more adjustments; it was suspect just on the account of how complicated it was. There is a principle in science called Occam's razor. It says that when you have several explanations, the one which introduces the least number of hypotheses is favorable.

When we say: oh she isn't fit, she isn't mentally strong, she is trying, doing all her best, but heck she is bad at math, and not only her, everyone in her team is bad at math, she has weird logic, yet she makes millions of dollars, she is not fit enough to play longer than 2 hours, yet is paid millions for being an athlete, doesn't it begin to sound too complicated?
And really, maybe it's only complicated because there are two hypotheses each of which on its own is enough to explain everything:
1. She doesn't care enough.
2. She isn't able.
If you want to believe that she is able and willing then you must introduce all those weird theories about her resistance to psychology, and what not.
But I sure think she is able and willing to get fit for modelling (Lojanica), and no one is going to convince me that she is unable to get fit enough to play three setters. It's been a whole year since she fired Lojanica because she made her weak and unfit. Sorry, I don't buy it. She must have a reason.
So, this for instance is what I would find embarrassing: to be earning so much money and be dead after 5th game in the third. I would be ashamed, for instance, to say that is the reason and still be earning these amounts. Because fitness is something within your control, perhaps your talent is not, but fitness certainly is.
Btw, at the time when she won Bali and Linz was her longest winning streak (10 I think) since that RG, and I think hasn't bit more fit (matchwise) and enduring since.

So, long story short, I really doubt that at this point she doesn't know what she is doing.
Thus, I prefer the simple theory. And you know what I think about her abilities, so...yeah.
I think she is ok with the way things are. If she were not she would be doing everything in her power to change it. And we all see so many things she could be doing and she isn't. And these do not take a genius, so that's that pretty much.

:sobbing:

As Michael Joyce said: "You can be 15 in the world and playing tennis and be happy, or take responsability for yourself." Maybe Ana just choose the 1st option. I just hope she knows that is not compatible with the goals she says she has. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
things only need to click :oh: and then the ranking and later grand slams will come :hearts:

seriously, though, i think things that need to click ana are in her game and in her head i think that's what she means. i also think she is addressing some of her mental problems, judging from things she says these days, even though we don't know how.

But it's Ana that need to push the buttom and make them click.. they will not suddenly click out of nowhere. And I think we had more than enough proof that what she says and what she does mostly don't go together unfortunately.

JAS_
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM

As Michael Joyce said: "You can be 15 in the world and playing tennis and be happy, or take responsability for yourself." Maybe Ana just choose the 1st option. I just hope she knows that is not compatible with the goals she says she has. :shrug:

Again, there is another very simple explanation of why she says what she says. :shrug:
If indeed she chose (consciously or not) the first option, she would never say it anyway.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Again, there is another very simple explanation of why she says what she says. :shrug:
If indeed she chose (consciously or not) the first option, she would never say it anyway.

Of course, I know.. I'm just saying I hope she knows its just not compatible. She might just be ok with things and not willing to get out of her comfort zone, but still be waiting for things to suddenly click and goals to come to her. And we know that's not how life goes.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm raging forever right now.. :fiery: Errani breaks to start the match against Kerber.. seriously.. This is the biggest slam waste ever.. :fiery: What pisses me off the most is that Ana should never have lost that match.. NEVER.. broken after having game points in so many games.. :fiery:

18majors
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm raging forever right now.. :fiery: Errani breaks to start the match against Kerber.. seriously.. This is the biggest slam waste ever.. :fiery: What pisses me off the most is that Ana should never have lost that match.. NEVER.. broken after having game points in so many games.. :fiery:

On the other hand, this also demonstrates that Ana is two or three good wins (over Azarenka, Kvitova or Radwanska for example) from becoming an elite (top 4) player again.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
On the other hand, this also demonstrates that Ana is two or three good wins (over Azarenka, Kvitova or Radwanska for example) from becoming an elite (top 4) player again.

No.. no it doesn't. Just shows she wasted a huge chance of making a slam semi.

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
well, mentality and decision making are integral parts of ability, so i'd say it's a combination of both - ana isn't able and is satisfied with the slow progress she is making. as she used to say, she is still young and has time.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
well, mentality and decision making are integral parts of ability, so i'd say it's a combination of both - ana isn't able and is satisfied with the slow progress she is making. as she used to say, she is still young and has time.

She is actually middle aged now..

18majors
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Confidence will add to Ana's mental toughness and improve her decision making immensely. My hunch is that it will come soon enough after she beats one or two of the top 4 players more than once.

fANAtic
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe it wasn't such a disgrace that Ana lost to Errani after all. And how is it possible that a dwarf like Cibulkova has a better serve than Ana? That's a real disgrace.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Maybe it wasn't such a disgrace that Ana lost to Errani after all. And how is it possible that a dwarf like Cibulkova has a better serve than Ana? That's a real disgrace.

The disgrace was how she lost it.. I still can't believe it.. :fiery:

Cibulkova is quite something.. she hits really hard in every shot for someone her size.

Sean.
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like Errani's making the SF, at least.

This is the girl that Ana bitch slapped in the 1st and lead by a break in the 2nd. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Looks like Errani's making the SF, at least.

This is the girl that Ana bitch slapped in the 1st and lead by a break in the 2nd. :sobbing:

I don't think Ana lead by a break in the second.. but she did have more chances than she could have asked for.

I'm fuming.. this is such a huge waste from Ana.. she could easily be in a slam semi now.. If she had just been outplayed and all, fine.. but she lost that match in the most stupid way.. just wasting it... giftwrapping it away in golden paper.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
:fiery::fiery::fiery:

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
well, in a way it shows that ana actually does play like a top 10 player. things only don't quite click for her :tape:

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, what a lovely day. We have 2 semifinalists.
Izzy is impressed, I see. :spit:

SidTheKid
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Domi why you lost to Stosur :sad:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Oh, what a lovely day. We have 2 semifinalists.
Izzy is impressed, I see. :spit:

I've been raging for days now.. I'm so mad at this waste I don't think I've ever been like this.. :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:

18majors
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I've been raging for days now.. I'm so mad at this waste I don't think I've ever been like this.. :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:

I'm sure Ana's chances will come and who knows may be Errani will win 2012 FO.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM

If that happens... someone hold me.. I'm not responsable for my actions. :fiery:

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM

I don't think that these words will console Izzy. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I'm going to start raging at Novak if he doesn't get it together like right now.

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm going to start raging at Novak if he doesn't get it together like right now.

He's lost. His mentality is awful, he lost it.

SidTheKid
Jun 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I wouldn´t write him off

fANAtic
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
His game deteriorated a lot.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Nobody tell my boyfriend.. but I'm so in love with Novak right now.. this match point saving thing totally turns me on. :spit::lol::hearts:

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM
The way Novak played those MPs.. that's the description of mental strength IMHO.. making level raise by 10 times.

SidTheKid
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Novak is king right now.His mental strenght is enormous

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:10 PM
And this is why you should never ever give up on a match. I feel for Jo, he did play well in all MPs.. but Novak just raised level 10 times to win those points. This is what you do with your head, this is the difference heart and head do to tennis.

fANAtic
The mentality is the only thing working for him right now. Every shot is 30% worse than last season. He had a great match against Fed in Rome, but that's it.

SidTheKid
Told you don´t write him off ;)

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
The mentality is the only thing working for him right now. Every shot is 30% worse than last season. He had a great match against Fed in Rome, but that's it.

It's the mentality that wins matches in the end.

I agree he is not playing as incredibly well as last season, but it was hard to keep that unbelievable level up for years. He is still winning the matches.

We have to give props to Jo as well.. he was playing amazingly well.. cracking serves and hitting lines left and right.

Shinjiro
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Jo :bigcry:

JAS_
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Novak :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Shinjiro
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
30%, that's very generous

mentality, whatever you want to call it won't be enough against Nadal if he makes it to the final playing like he has so far...

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
30%, that's very generous

mentality, whatever you want to call it won't be enough against Nadal if he makes it to the final playing like he has so far...

Mentality just gave him the chance to improve and play better in the next match. ;)

JAS_
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Novak is all mental strength now.
I fear for him though. If he allows these lapses against Fed he will be gone.
I don't understand what got into him at the end of second set.
Unbelievable. And yeah, the game is not "clicking" (Ana TM). His first strike tennis isn't working because once he brings Jo out of court with his serve, he has the whole court to make the diagonal and instead he just puts the ball back in and Jo just about makes it back into the point. He won more than a dozen points just like that. What the heck was that? :facepalm:
I am going to assume Novak was just trying out different combinations :scared:

JAS_
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah and another thing: I think Novak's spirit was very much influenced by some questionable calls. But he didn't want to challenge them in order not to enrage the crowds. Smart. But risky. I know exactly when his body language is like that what it means. However HE SHOULD go back to the cool-guy-body-language, this is feeding the opponents' confidence.

azdaja
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:31 PM
In this match i acutally did think novak might lose but just might. yes, fighting spirit and courage deserve respect.

also, novak really wants it, doesn't he?

Cajka
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
It's unbelievable that he won the match after everything. The match against Federer could be a hot mess. They both have had troubles to get here.

gaviotabr
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
It's unbelievable that he won the match after everything. The match against Federer could be a hot mess. They both have had troubles to get here.

I think its going to be a good match and I expect Novak to play better. He stands up to these big matches now.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Kvitova.. :help:

SidTheKid
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Kvitty loose please :D

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Kvitty loose please :D

:lol: You don't like her?

fANAtic
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Aunt Kvity will prevail. We don't need another scrub lowering the significance of winning RG.

SidTheKid
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
:lol: You don't like her?

Erm I really dislike her :D

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Sharapova 1 match away from her 1st RG final and the number 1 ranking.

Ultimate pro.

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Actually, so far Shvedova has had better results on RG than Kvitty. This is Kvity's 1st QF and second for Yaroslava.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Actually, so far Shvedova has had better results on RG than Kvitty. This is Kvity's 1st QF and second for Yaroslava.

Yes.. but Kvitty was losing drowning on her own bunch of UEs.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Kvitty... :help: 20 UEs and she loses 3 games in a row.

SidTheKid
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Kvitty... :help: 20 UEs and she loses 3 games in a row.

You like her?

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I don't know what to say. Yaroslava is really underranked, I hope she'll finally start playing some decent tennis after this.

fANAtic
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Btw, did you all see Federer going apeshit yesterday against Delpo. He was yelling, cursing, bitching... Really cool.

http://i47.tinypic.com/ehxic7.gif

SidTheKid
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
And he was yelling that at lady..Gentleman

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I can't stand Fed, but I hope he'll never retire, he's hilarious. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
You like her?

I only really like Ana.. other than that I appreciate good tennis. Kvitty can definitely play some great ball.. she can also stink up the joint like nobody... like right now.. 4 games in a row for Schvedova and it was all Kvitty being awful.

gaviotabr
Btw, did you all see Federer going apeshit yesterday against Delpo. He was yelling, cursing, bitching... Really cool.

http://i47.tinypic.com/ehxic7.gif

Legendary! :lol::spit:

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Kvitty breaks to win.

Kvitova x Sharapova semis look pretty good.

SidTheKid
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Masha you know what to do :)

18majors
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Masha you know what to do :)

Hope Maria gets your message!

18majors
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Sharapova 1 match away from her 1st RG final and the number 1 ranking.

Ultimate pro.

The struggles Maria went through were much darker than Ana and many of Maria's fans had given up; but Maria is redeeming herself now.

At the end of the day, talent and desire will also carry Ana back to limelight.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm going to be Stosur's biggest fan ever tomorrow. She better win it nice and easy.. I'm already raging and the match is only tomorrow. :fiery:

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I'm going to be Stosur's biggest fan ever tomorrow. She better win it nice and easy.. I'm already raging and the match is only tomorrow. :fiery:

You also cheered against her in all the matches she played here. Maybe you should change the tactics before she wins the whole thing.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM
You also cheered against her in all the matches she played here. Maybe you should change the tactics before she wins the whole thing.

Somebody hold me.. I can't take that possibility.. :fiery:

How can I change tactics? It's stronger than me..

Actually this is all Ana's fault.. she had that match and blew it. :fiery:

Cajka
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Try this. We don't want Sam to win another slam, it will officially mean that she's more accomplished than Ana. If she reaches the final, they will be equal. It doesn't sound right. :oh: Root for Errani, she'll be a toast in a final and we'll together enjoy her ranking dropping next year.

18majors
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:34 PM

.... and Ana would be the favorite against Stosur. We might even have another Ana/Maria GS final with the outcome totally in the air.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Try this. We don't want Sam to win another slam, it will officially mean that she's more accomplished than Ana. If she reaches the final, they will be equal. It doesn't sound right. :oh: Root for Errani, she'll be a toast in a final and we'll together enjoy her ranking dropping next year.

Sorry.. can't. The idea of Errani in the final just makes me rage to unprecedented levels. She should never have reached it this far.. Ana's fault. Besides.. honestly, I don't want Errani at YEC.. just doesn't belong, she can only play on clay.

Sam reaching the final will not exactly make her more acomplished then Ana, and I don't think she will beat Kvitty or Sharapova in the final. And if she gets more acomplishments, well she deserves it. At least she is in the semis of a slam less than a year after winning hers. Ana hasn't even been to a QF 4 years removed from her glory day.

gaviotabr
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
.... and Ana would be the favorite against Stosur. We might even have another Ana/Maria GS final with the outcome totally in the air.

Stop it.. I can't.. biggest slam waste EVER. I think and I still can't believe she let that match slip away like that.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sorry.. can't. The idea of Errani in the final just makes me rage to unprecedented levels. She should never have reached it this far.. Ana's fault. Besides.. honestly, I don't want Errani at YEC.. just doesn't belong, she can only play on clay.

Sam reaching the final will not exactly make her more acomplished then Ana, and I don't think she will beat Kvitty or Sharapova in the final. And if she gets more acomplishments, well she deserves it. At least she is in the semis of a slam less than a year after winning hers. Ana hasn't even been to a QF 4 years removed from her glory day.

Being rational won't help you to jinx her. And don't start with the YEC thing, because she'll get there then. Your superpowers are huge and it was revealed after that witch dream of yours. Look what you've done. Kvitko and Shrieka are slam winners now. :smash: Now you'll make Errani a slam winner.
:ras:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Being rational won't help you to jinx her. And don't start with the YEC thing, because she'll get there then. Your superpowers are huge and it was revealed after that witch dream of yours. Look what you've done. Kvitko and Shrieka are slam winners now. :smash: Now you'll make Errani a slam winner.
:ras:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually dreamed about Kvitty and Vika.. but NOT about Errani.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually dreamed about Kvitty and Vika.. but NOT about Errani.. :sobbing:

It doesn't have to be always a dream. There are many ways to use your power. The thing is that you must learn how to control it. Your next step is to make Masha complete career GS. You must clear your mind, focus, use the previous experience of making Vika and Petra slam winners. It's gonna be difficult, because it was unintentional then, now this must be intentional, but you can do it. Push the button, Izzy.

But, be careful, if you make any wrong step, Sara will end up with double crown - from singles and doubles. Horrible scenario.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:42 AM
It doesn't have to be always a dream. There are many ways to use your power. The thing is that you must learn how to control it. Your next step is to make Masha complete career GS. You must clear your mind, focus, use the previous experience of making Vika and Petra slam winners. It's gonna be difficult, because it was unintentional then, now this must be intentional, but you can do it. Push the button, Izzy.

But, be careful, if you make any wrong step, Sara will end up with double crown - from singles and doubles. Horrible scenario.

Too much pressure!

Focus... aummm.... concentration.... aummmm...

http://juventudealianca.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/push-button.jpg

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
It's raining cats and dogs in Paris.. It seems universe is conspiring to help Errani.. :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm really pissed. I hoped that I would be able to see at least one semifinal, because I won't be at home later. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm really pissed. I hoped that I would be able to see at least one semifinal, because I won't be at home later. :o

It seems it will rain whole afternoon with short pauses.. :mad:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
It looks like that heavy rain that won't stop until Monday. :o

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:02 PM
They are saying match should start in 15 min.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Shanksur has arrived. 3 shanks to get broken back. :mad:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Errani is so winning this.. :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::mad::mad::mad::mad:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
This ammount of shanks!

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Errani is so winning this.. :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Relax. ;) It's not going to happen.

Still, credits to Errani. The way she hits the fh is amazing. She reads Sam's serve better than I expected her to.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
This ammount of shanks!

Hope Maria get to the final, she will handle either Errani or Stosur OK.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Match over.

I'm going to punch a wall, like.. right now! :mad::fiery::o

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Isabel a bruxa!

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Someone just kill me now.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Someone just kill me now.

No, we'll collect the money and send you on that Euro trip and buy you the tickets to watch football and jinx the football teams. If we don't do it, we're screwed, Niculescu will win Wimbledon.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
No, we'll collect the money and send you on that Euro trip and buy you the tickets to watch football and jinx the football teams. If we don't do it, we're screwed, Niculescu will win Wimbledon.

...and the world will come to an end.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM

:lol: That actually made me laugh.. I accept the donations. :lol:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Too early to tell, but I think that Sam is in control now. Errani played her best tennis in set #1, but it happened because Sam let her do it. Sam woke up, so I think that Sara is done now.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Too early to tell, but I think that Sam is in control now. Errani played her best tennis in set #1, but it happened because Sam let her do it. Sam woke up, so I think that Sara is done now.

It's really simple to play Errani.. go to her BH all the time. Don't let her move you around with spinny FH.

Too early to tell though. Errani will be serving 1st in the 3rd which is somehow an advantage. And she already played better in those last 2 games.

fANAtic
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
And she uses a toilet break yet again. They must do something about this cheating.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
And she uses a toilet break yet again. They must do something about this cheating.

And now Stosur's focus went to take a walk.. ridiculous gamemanship that never fails.

I'm so pissed.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I've never seen Sam so frustrated.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Shank to get broken. 2-0 Errani. :fiery:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Stosur playing stupid ass tennis again, only hitting to Errani's FH.

I can't believe players are this stupid.. Everything that she did right in the 2nd set? No.. not doing any of that.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Errani has to be luckiest player ever. The way she is being gifted matches is ridiculous.

fANAtic
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Someone put Izzy on suicide watch.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
This is like.. worst nightmare ever.

Errani winning this and then Petra winning the other semi and we know Petra will turn into UEs machine in the final. :fiery::fiery::fiery::mad::mad::mad:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Someone put Izzy on suicide watch.

http://tmag.ir/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/suicide.jpg

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
This is all Ana's fault.. ALL ALL ALL!

fANAtic
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The same result as against Ana, just switch first and second set.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Errani will now be top 10 and make the YEC. Congratulations Ana, you just made her career with that waste of a match.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Ana will save the world for us, next time.

fANAtic
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Oh come on Iz, why don't you blame Shanksur? She also had her.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Sveta, Kerber and Sam contributed as much as Ana.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
The same result as against Ana, just switch first and second set.

Only Ana won the 1st set, so pressure on second was on Errani to recover, and Ana blew it with crap stupid play. :fiery:

This just shows how much of a waste that match was. Biggest of Ana's career. Those idiotic stupid crap error filled games at 4-4 and 5-5.. and then 3 game points she had at 1-2 and another 2 at 2-3 that she blew and ended up broken.

Nalby fan
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oh Ana-this should have been you. Al least that way we could have had a competitive final. Maria/Petra have way too much power for that annoying Italian. :fiery:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Only Ana won the 1st set

No, Casey was the first one who "had" her. Sara fought so hard to get here, so it's well deserved. The other girls were not handling the pressure well enough.

HowardH
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Isa :hug:.

I wonder how this run of Sara makes Ana feel? Maybe it makes her feel better about the loss or maybe it makes her feel like she missed out on a big opportunity. Personally, I'd guess that it makes her feel better.

I've been impressed by Sara's fight (and her topspin forehand). Credit to her, she's put in the work and she also handled the pressure better than her opponents. The pressure of the final will probably be too much though you never know.

Sam was honestly quite abysmal today for the most part.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Oh come on Iz, why don't you blame Shanksur? She also had her.

Sveta, Kerber and Sam contributed as much as Ana.

Nobody had Errani like Ana did.. Ana was a couple of games away, with all pressure on Errani.. nobody had as many chances.. multiple game points wasted in 2 service games in the second set... then losing 4-4 and 5-5 games with 4 UEs each. Ana got Errani into a zone.. she has been zoning ever since.

fANAtic
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, it's all Delaqua's fault. Crucify her!

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
No, Casey was the first one who "had" her. Sara fought so hard to get here, so it's well deserved. The other girls were not handling the pressure well enough.

I meant out of those you mentioned. Dellacqua isn't as good a clay player as Errani, and she dominated from second set on. Ana had Errani.. played great 1st set and then decided to gift match away.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Nobody had Errani like Ana did.. Ana was a couple of games away, with all pressure on Errani.. nobody had as many chances.. multiple game points wasted in 2 service games in the second set... then losing 4-4 and 5-5 games with 4 UEs each. Ana got Errani into a zone.. she has been zoning ever since.

Look, it can't be changed now. This girl won 6 matches in a row, she had the toughest draw of all the semifinalists and that's the only things that matters. She should play YEC. Her slam results are amazing, she won 3 MMs. Credits when it's due.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Look, it can't be changed now. This girl won 6 matches in a row, she had the toughest draw of all the semifinalists and that's the only things that matters. She should play YEC. Her slam results are amazing, she won 3 MMs. Credits when it's due.

Luckiest player ever. Gets super easy draw at AO with no seeds, then gets gifted a match she should never have won in the 3rd round of RG, and gets to slam final.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Luckiest player ever. Gets super easy draw at AO with no seeds, then gets gifted a match she should never have won in the 3rd round of RG, and gets to slam final.

There's no such thing as "should've never won" in tennis. In that case Novak should've never won the USO or should've never reached the SF here. What's done cannot be undone and it's not fair to use the double standards. Ana can't expect the players to stop fighting when they lose the first set 6:1. She must step in the next set as well. As long as she's not capable of doing it, things like this will happen. Ana is not good enough, she couldn't play both sets equally well, therefore Errani deserves the final more.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
There's no such thing as "should've never won" in tennis. In that case Novak should've never won the USO or should've never reached the SF here. What's done cannot be undone and it's not fair to use the double standards. Ana can't expect the players to stop fighting when they lose the first set 6:1. She must step in the next set as well. As long as she's not capable of doing it, things like this will happen. Ana is not good enough, she couldn't play both sets equally well, therefore Errani deserves the final more.

Ana is not good enough.. but Errani is luckiest player ever because she simply got gifted that match away. And this one against Stosur as well..

Davodus
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Errani is so lucky and having her in a slam final...just really makes me ill. I dont wanna offend her fans, but whatever. She has 0 weapons...

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ana is not good enough.. but Errani is luckiest player ever because she simply got gifted that match away. And this one against Stosur as well..

She almost lost the match after leading 3:0 in the third. Shvedova would give up after that, but this girl didn't. Ana also had a mini comeback in the 3rd set, but Errani never gave up. And this is not the luckiest draw ever. She had to beat 2 RG champions in a row and 2 top 10 players in a row after that. What to say about Kvitko's or Masha's draw then? Kvitko was losing the 3rd set to Shvedova, she lost a set to Bratchikova and now she plays better than Masha. How does she deserve the place in the final more than Errani?

Pops Maellard
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I think people are being too mean to Sara. Yeah it's shocking she's in the final and I'd normally be one of the first to be pulling out the 'fluke :hah:' speak admittedly.

But it's not her fault that all her opponents have been awful :lol:. Sara fights for every point, and Ana, Sveta and Stosur are headcases - such is the WTA these days :lol:.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
She almost lost the match after leading 3:0 in the third. Shvedova would give up after that, but this girl didn't. Ana also had a mini comeback in the 3rd set, but Errani never gave up. And this is not the luckiest draw ever. She had to beat 2 RG champions in a row and 2 top 10 players in a row after that. What to say about Kvitko's or Masha's draw then? Kvitko was losing the 3rd set to Shvedova, she lost a set to Bratchikova and now she plays better than Masha. How does she deserve the place in the final more than Errani?

Errani did absolutely nothing but return serve to get those breaks in the 3rd set against Ana and against Stosur. It was a gift..

2-3 against Ana. BH put away (2 steps from net) into net. FH put away out. BH put away into net. FH out.

3-4 against Stosur. FH put away out. FH put away out. FH put away right back, lob. Saves BPs. Double Fault. FH out.

That is being lucky.. standing there to receive gift. Who needs fighting spirit and not giving up if all you need to do is stand there and wait for your opponent to hit every put away 1 step from net out or into net.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Errani did absolutely nothing but return serve to get those breaks in the 3rd set against Ana and against Stosur. It was a gift..

2-3 against Ana. BH put away (2 steps from net) into net. FH put away out. BH put away into net. FH out.

3-4 against Stosur. FH put away out. FH put away out. FH put away right back, lob. Saves BPs. Double Fault. FH out.

That is being lucky.. standing there to receive gift. Who needs fighting spirit and not giving up if all you need to do is stand there and wait for your opponent to hit every put away 1 step from net out or into net.

Ok, let's all be pros and win the slams by getting gifts. If Sara can do it, everyone can. Sara was exploiting Sam's terrible bh, she was very fast and she was able to get back some balls that only Aga can get back. Her drop shots were great, her forehand is very good, she didn't just stand there and watch Sam losing the points. Sam's bh was simply awful, nobody should play the slam final with such a horrible bh. Sara is a midget, her serve is very weak, but she did what she could to add some spin/kick on it. When she couldn't do that, she was running like a rabbit and played some amazing defense to win the points.

Sara has a real claycourt game, great movement, spin, variety, is it really such a surprise that she's in the final?! Clay has always been a great surface for those who don't have a big serve. The clay gives her enough time to reset the point for 100 times. In 2008 it wouldn't be a problem for Ana, but this Ana could hit through her only in 1st set. After that her intensity dropped and it opened the chances for Sara. It's not some unique situation in tennis, we saw it so many times.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ok, let's all be pros and win the slams by getting gifts. If Sara can do it, everyone can. Sara was exploiting Sam's terrible bh, she was very fast and she was able to get back some balls that only Aga can get back. Her drop shots were great, her forehand is very good, she didn't just stand there and watch Sam losing the points. Sam's bh was simply awful, nobody should play the slam final with such a horrible bh. Sara is a midget, her serve is very weak, but she did what she could to add some spin/kick on it. When she couldn't do that, she was running like a rabbit and played some amazing defense to win the points.

Sara has a real claycourt game, great movement, spin, variety, is it really such a surprise that she's in the final?! Clay has always been a great surface for those who don't have a big serve. The clay gives her enough time to reset the point for 100 times. In 2008 it wouldn't be a problem for Ana, but this Ana could hit through her only in 1st set. After that her intensity dropped and it opened the chances for Sara. It's not some unique situation in tennis, we saw it so many times.

Credit to Errani for standing there and accepting so many gifts. I don't think she did anything special but stand there and be extremely lucky her opponents were complete idiots. It's very simple to play her, yet her opponents kept just playing the game she likes, hitting to her FH. As if someone would play Ana and hit every shot ONLY to her FH.. and then miss every putaway. Errani says thank you!

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Masha saved this event for me. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Sharapova wins and is back at number 1. Better win it saturday, opportunity of a lifetime to get career slam.

SidTheKid
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Masha saves WTA

azdaja
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
the day was too nice today in order for me to stay indoors and watch tennis but i saw this match from the end of the first set. credit to errani for the fight. in all honesty, she deserved this final more than petra deserved her sf :shrug:

and i still say, with a more realistic schedule ana would have been back in the top 10 by now.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM
the day was too nice today in order for me to stay indoors and watch tennis but i saw this match from the end of the first set. credit to errani for the fight. in all honesty, she deserved this final more than petra deserved her sf :shrug:

and i still say, with a more realistic schedule ana would have been back in the top 10 by now.

With a more realistic approach maybe... schedule won't make a difference if her approach is to tank tournaments she considers smaller, like Eastbourne, and then waste golden chances losing early in big ones.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Masha saved this event for me. :sobbing:

Errani will play her heart out in the final but Maria will be mentally as tough and will have her guns more loaded.

Errani moves as well or better than Zakopalova and will get a lot of balls back, but Errani can't strike the ball as flat and powerful as Zakopalova.

It's a tough match-up for Errani but she will always have a puncher's chance to win.

Harry.
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Errani in a Grand Slam final. Ugh. It just pains me to think that Errani has reached more GS QF's than Ana in the last four years. And now the final :o

I mean, Ana let this happen. She could have easily beaten Sara. Sigh, it's sad actually. I mean, Ana just doesn't take advantage of her draws. Just like at Wimbledon last year. Errani wasn't even this good when she played Ana. It was a match Ana could have easily won. And she would have been the favourite against Sveta and a tired looking Kerber. It's a shame really. Doesn't matter anymore what her draws are. Hard or soft. This could have been Ana :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Errani in a Grand Slam final. Ugh. It just pains me to think that Errani has reached more GS QF's than Ana in the last four years. And now the final :o

I mean, Ana let this happen. She could have easily beaten Sara. Sigh, it's sad actually. I mean, Ana just doesn't take advantage of her draws. Just like at Wimbledon last year. Errani wasn't even this good when she played Ana. It was a match Ana could have easily won. And she would have been the favourite against Sveta and a tired looking Kerber. It's a shame really. Doesn't matter anymore what her draws are. Hard or soft. This could have been Ana :sobbing:

Exactly.

And yes.. doesn't matter the draws. Ana is a 3rd round player.

But I have to say chances wasted like this get punished by the universe.. I doubt Ana will ever have such an amazingly good draw for a slam final.

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Exactly.

But I have to say chances wasted like this get punished by the universe.. I doubt Ana will ever have such an amazingly good draw for a slam final.

She will, if she is as good and talented as we believe she is.

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Ana lost to the finalist! that is very good in my books

JAS_
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Exactly.

Yeah, what a chance this was. No Kim in the draw, Serena out early, Venus also out and Masha on the other side. :banghead:
And then it collapsed even more.
Had she gotten to the final, no one could say that she's a fluke with three finals in the same event. Let alone if she won. But even with a SF. The whole narrative about her would have changed, and she would suddenly find herself in a different world.
If she couldn't take advantage of this draw, then what hope exists at Wimbly or OG? :sad:
This is a tournament that my hope for her as a tennis player has died. Don't hate me, but I am not sure anymore that she ever really played for the game. I think she always was just a project.
I would love for her to prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM
She will, if she is as good and talented as we believe she is.

She might overcome slam draws to get to slam finals. But this good a draw, no..

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Ana lost to the finalist! that is very good in my books

Hey Luca! Long time no see! The issue was not losing, but how she lost.. should never have lost that match.. just gifted it away stupidly.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah, what a chance this was. No Kim in the draw, Serena out early, Venus also out and Masha on the other side. :banghead:
And then it collapsed even more.
Had she gotten to the final, no one could say that she's a fluke with three finals in the same event. Let alone if she won. But even with a SF. The whole narrative about her would have changed, and she would suddenly find herself in a different world.
If she couldn't take advantage of this draw, then what hope exists at Wimbly or OG? :sad:
This is a tournament that my hope for her as a tennis player has died. Don't hate me, but I am not sure anymore that she ever really played for the game. I think she always was just a project.
I would love for her to prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath.

This is how I feel as well..

Sometimes I feel like Ana always played for the glory, not for love of the game.. she waited for glory to come, it fell from the sky for her.. and now she keeps on waiting for it to fall from the sky. So when players refuse to simply give it away, instead of fighting for it, she just feels like its not meant to be for her and lets it go.

And tennis is a game of chances.. train doesn't pass through the same station all the time, sometimes it just goes.

JAS_
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
This is how I feel as well..

Sometimes I feel like Ana always played for the glory, not for love of the game.. she waited for glory to come, it fell from the sky for her.. and now she keeps on waiting for it to fall from the sky. So when players refuse to simply give it away, instead of fighting for it, she just feels like its not meant to be for her and lets it go.

And tennis is a game of chances.. train doesn't pass through the same station all the time, sometimes it just goes.

No, she worked her ass of for the glory (and money, lets' be honest) to come. But now, that she is famous, getting a bit more famous would require a lot more work, and, possibly ruining the figure that brings her more bucs and glory. So, playing for the glory would explain why that extra effort would be deemed not worthy.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
No, she worked her ass of for the glory (and money, lets' be honest) to come. But now, that she is famous, getting a bit more famous would require a lot more work, and, possibly ruining the figure that brings her more bucs and glory. So, playing for the glory would explain why that extra effort would be deemed not worthy.

Still doesn't play for the game, which is what she should be playing for.

Anyway.. whatever it is.. not professional enough approach to her own profession..

And if she couldn't take such a golden chance, who is to say she will ever take another? It's been over 4 years..

azdaja
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
With a more realistic approach maybe... schedule won't make a difference if her approach is to tank tournaments she considers smaller, like Eastbourne, and then waste golden chances losing early in big ones.
when i say realistic it means she means it as well ;) and i still think she wants another one, so let's see what happens.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM
when i say realistic it means she means it as well ;) and i still think she wants another one, so let's see what happens.

I don't doubt she wants.. who wouldn't want? She is just waiting for it to suddenly happen, and that's not how life works.

So you don't mean a different schedule but a whole different approach to tennis from Ana's part.. what are the odds that ever happens? We should be realistic as well.

JAS_
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Someone should compile a list of all players who reached a slam QF in the last for years. We have a few stat loving people.
And then we should send it to Ana. :hysteric:

azdaja
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I don't doubt she wants.. who wouldn't want? She is just waiting for it to suddenly happen, and that's not how life works.

So you don't mean a different schedule but a whole different approach to tennis from Ana's part.. what are the odds that ever happens? We should be realistic as well.
i think i am realistic. with my ambition and ana's talent she would have been much more successful. but some people are stubborn :shrug: we will have to live with that.

JAS_
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
who wouldn't want?

This.
What's not to like?

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
i think i am realistic. with my ambition and ana's talent she would have been much more successful. but some people are stubborn :shrug: we will have to live with that.

It's not about ambition though.. its about approach, its about professionalism, its about how you threat the game of tennis. Ana is just like this.. she tanks tournaments and then loses early in the ones she wants to do well. She used to be good at taking chances back in her glory days.. I remember one stat that showed Ana was the best closer in the game.. had best winning percentage when sets got to 4-4 or 5-5, and tie breaks. Also had a great 3 set record. So she was taking her chances.. since then she went to the other side of the spectrum, has worst percentage in top 20 of 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 sets, worst percentage in 3 sets, worst percentage in matches she loses 1st set, worst percentage in taking BPs. Just shows she has chances and doesn't take them. And she isn't doing much to change that.. not even trying a new approach to tennis.. she still thinks its better to tank tournaments here and there, as if she could afford it, and that a fitness coach is not needed.. why expect that to change, honestly? That's just her approach to her profession.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Someone should compile a list of all players who reached a slam QF in the last for years. We have a few stat loving people.
And then we should send it to Ana. :hysteric:

Ok.. I'll do it. QFs in each slam since RG 08.

Wimbledon 2008: Nicole Vaidisova, Jie Zheng, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Elena Dementieva, Nadia Petrova, Tamarine Tanasugarn, A. Radwanska.

USO 08: Jankovic, Serena, Dementieva, Safina, Pennetta, Bammer, Venus, Schnyder.

AO 09: Serena, Safina, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Dokic, Carla Suarez Navarro, Bartoli, Kuznetsova.

RG 09: Vika, Safina, Kuznetsova, Serena, Cibulkova, Sharapova, Stosur, Cirstea.

W 09: Safina, Venus, Serena, Lisicki, Vika, Schiavone, Radwanska, Dementieva.

USO 09: Clijsters, Wickymayer, Katerina Bondarenko, Wozniacki, Oudin, Na Li, Serena, Pennetta.

AO 10: Serena, Henin, Jie Zheng, Kirilenko, Petrova, Na Li, Venus, Vika.

RG 10: Schiavone, Wozniacki, Stosur, Serena, Jankovic, Shvedova, Dementieva, Petrova.

W 10: Serena, Na Li, Kvitova, Kanepi, Zvonareva, Clijsters, Pironkova, Venus.

USO 10: Clijsters, Zvonareva, Venus, Stosur, Schiavone, Wozniacki, Cibulkova, Kanepi.

AO 11: Clijsters, Na Li, Wozniacki, Schiavone, Zvonareva, Kvitova, Petkovic, Radwanska.

RG 11: Na Li, Vika, Petkovic, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Schiavone, Bartoli, Kuznetsova.

W 11: Vika, Pazcek, Kvitova, Pironkova, Sharapova, Cibulkova, Bartoli, Lisicki.

USO 11: Serena, Pavlyuchenkova, Wozniacki, Stosur, Zvonareva, Kerber, Pennetta, Petkovic.

AO 12: Vika, Radwanska, Wozniacki, Clijsters, Sharapova, Makarova, Kvitova, Errani.

RG 12: Errani, Kerber, Stosur, Cibulkova, Sharapova, Kanepi, Kvitova, Shvedova.

I can't believe I could name them all from the top of my head.. :spit: Took me a while but I could! :lol:

18majors
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM

Wimbledon 2008: Nicole Vaidisova, Jie Zheng, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Elena Dementieva, Nadia Petrova, Tamarine Tanasugarn, A. Radwanska.

USO 08: Jankovic, Serena, Dementieva, Safina, Pennetta, Bammer, Venus, Schnyder.

AO 09: Serena, Safina, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Dokic, Carla Suarez Navarro, Bartoli, Kuznetsova.

USO 09: Clijsters, Wickymayer, Katerina Bondarenko, Wozniacki, Oudin, Na Li, Serena, Pennetta.

RG 10: Schiavone, Wozniacki, Stosur, Serena, Jankovic, Shvedova, Dementieva, Petrova.

USO 10: Clijsters, Zvonareva, Venus, Stosur, Schiavone, Wozniacki, Cibulkova, Kanepi.

AO 11: Clijsters, Na Li, Wozniacki, Schiavone, Zvonareva, Kvitova, Petkovic, Radwanska.

RG 11: Na Li, Vika, Petkovic, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Schiavone, Bartoli, Kuznetsova.

USO 11: Serena, Pavlyuchenkova, Wozniacki, Stosur, Zvonareva, Kerber, Pennetta, Petkovic.

AO 12: Vika, Radwanska, Wozniacki, Clijsters, Sharapova, Makarova, Kvitova, Errani.

I can't believe I could name them all from the top of my head.. :spit: Took me a while but I could! :lol:

This is such a talent, I'm sure it helps you to succeed professionally.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
This is such a talent, I'm sure it helps you to succeed professionally.

It does actually, thanks.

Celest
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Agnieszka Radwanska
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Andrea Petkovic
Angelique Kerber
Carla Suarez Navarro
Caroline Wozniacki
Dinara Safina
Dominika Cibulkova
Ekaterina Makarova
Elena Dementieva
Flavia Pennetta
Francesca Schiavone
Jelena Dokic
Jelena Jankovic
Jie Zheng
Justine Henin
Kaia Kanepi
Kateryna Bondarenko
Kim Clijsters
Maria Kirilenko
Maria Sharapova
Marion Bartoli
Melanie Oudin
Na Li
Nadia Petrova
Nicole Vaidisova
Patty Schnyder
Petra Kvitova
Sabine Lisicki
Samantha Stosur
Sara Errani
Serena Williams
Sorana Cirstea
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sybille Bammer
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Tamira Paszek
Tsvetana Pironkova
Venus Williams
Vera Zvonareva
Victoria Azarenka
Yanina Wickmayer
Yaroslava Shvedova

43 different players :tape:

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Agnieszka Radwanska
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Andrea Petkovic
Angelique Kerber
Carla Suarez Navarro
Caroline Wozniacki
Dinara Safina
Dominika Cibulkova
Ekaterina Makarova
Elena Dementieva
Flavia Pennetta
Francesca Schiavone
Jelena Dokic
Jelena Jankovic
Jie Zheng
Justine Henin
Kaia Kanepi
Kateryna Bondarenko
Kim Clijsters
Maria Kirilenko
Maria Sharapova
Marion Bartoli
Melanie Oudin
Na Li
Nadia Petrova
Nicole Vaidisova
Patty Schnyder
Petra Kvitova
Sabine Lisicki
Samantha Stosur
Sara Errani
Serena Williams
Sorana Cirstea
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sybille Bammer
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Tamira Paszek
Tsvetana Pironkova
Venus Williams
Vera Zvonareva
Victoria Azarenka
Yanina Wickmayer
Yaroslava Shvedova

So many.. :sobbing:

Including 5 who have already retired.. Even Vaidisova has made a slam QF after Ana made her last one! :sobbing:

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Did she announce her retirement? :shrug:

I think that we're acting like that, sometimes we act as if she died. There's no many reasons to be positive, but there's no reason to cry for so many days. Two slams + OG left, she must do her best to reach the QF. What happened was a big shame, but crying over spilled milk isn't gonna make us feel any better. I'm not saying this because I'm mad, but mainly because I think that we are getting too depressed and it won't help us change anything.

I hope that she stopped thinking about the wasted opportunity. If she's still thinking about that, Wimbledon will be even worse. Grass is all she has to think about.

I'm glad that Errani did well here. Had she gotten destroyed by Kerber or Sam, it would be worse for me, in that case I would be convinced that Ana's tennis is not good enough even for MM players. But now that I see that the MM player managed to beat some other big names, it makes me feel that it wasn't such a bad loss. Her loss to Kvitko was worse IMO although Kvitko is overall a much better player. At least Errani is really good on clay, while the surface in Melbourne doesn't benefit Kvitko's game at all. So, what happened was a combo of two things - Ana being brainless + some really awful draw.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Did she announce her retirement? :shrug:

I think that we're acting like that, sometimes we act as if she died. There's no many reasons to be positive, but there's no reason to cry for so many days. Two slams + OG left, she must do her best to reach the QF. What happened was a big shame, but crying over spilled milk isn't gonna make us feel any better. I'm not saying this because I'm mad, but mainly because I think that we are getting too depressed and it won't help us change anything.

I hope that she stopped thinking about the wasted opportunity. If she's still thinking about that, Wimbledon will be even worse. Grass is all she has to think about.

I'm glad that Errani did well here. Had she gotten destroyed by Kerber or Sam, it would be worse for me, in that case I would be convinced that Ana's tennis is not good enough even for MM players. But now that I see that the MM player managed to beat some other big names, it makes me feel that it wasn't such a bad loss. Her loss to Kvitko was worse IMO although Kvitko is overall a much better player. At least Errani is really good on clay, while the surface in Melbourne doesn't benefit Kvitko's game at all. So, what happened was a combo of two things - Ana being brainless + some really awful draw.

Awful draw? Ana will not get such a good draw again in her life! She just made Errani's career, got her into a zone, with that ridiculous waste of a gifted match. Ana never really had a chance against Kvitty, who was playing very well at that point, but she had this match on her racket and just gifted wrapped it away in golden paper.

Nobody is acting as if Ana announced her retirement, just recognizing what just happened.. if she isn't able to take an opportunity this big in the best slam draw she has ever had (yes, even better than the ones she actually did take advantage of), who is to say she can take another chance if that ever passes by?

You really should know there is nothing that we can do or not, so whatever we talk about it's not going to make any difference for Ana. She is the only one who can make a difference for herself. But don't worry.. Ana is taking this whole week off and partying in Belgrade, I'm sure she isn't thinking about tennis at all.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Awful draw? Ana will not get such a good draw again in her life! She just made Errani's career, got her into a zone, with that ridiculous waste of a gifted match. Ana never really had a chance against Kvitty, who was playing very well at that point, but she had this match on her racket and just gifted wrapped it away in golden paper.

It was the worst possible opponent in R3, certainly worse than Lepchenko, Rus or the other players who were not even top 50 players. She played against someone who can actually play on clay unlike most of other players. This is the only part of draw that didn't fall apart.

Nobody is acting as if Ana announced her retirement, just recognizing what just happened.. if she isn't able to take an opportunity this big in the best slam draw she has ever had (yes, even better than the ones she actually did take advantage of), who is to say she can take another chance if that ever passes by?

Would she really reach the final if she somehow managed to win that set. My opinion is that she would have more problems against Kerber than Sara did. Not to mention that she doesn't look mentally ready to go far in the slams, she could lose to Sveta as well.

You really should know there is nothing that we can do or not, so whatever we talk about it's not going to make any difference for Ana. She is the only one who can make a difference for herself. But don't worry.. Ana is taking this whole week off and partying in Belgrade, I'm sure she isn't thinking about tennis at all.

Is anyone already in Eastbourne? She'll be there in time. It's not like she's coming 2 days before the tournament starts. And it's not like she's getting drunk every night in Belgrade. Partying in Ana's case means being in bed until midnight.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:01 PM
It was the worst possible opponent in R3, certainly worse than Lepchenko, Rus or the other players who were not even top 50 players. She played against someone who can actually play on clay unlike most of other players. This is the only part of draw that didn't fall apart.

No.. it was a great player to have in round 3, great match up for Ana, and this match should've been extremely routine. Ana gifted wrapped it away in golden paper. A draw like this she won't get in her life! There will always be a bad match up for her in the draw, there was none this time.

Would she really reach the final if she somehow managed to win that set. My opinion is that she would have more problems against Kerber than Sara did. Not to mention that she doesn't look mentally ready to go far in the slams, she could lose to Sveta as well.

She clearly isn't mentally ready, otherwise she wouldnt have gifted this match in such a ridiculously stupid way. Ana wouldn't lose to Sveta or to Kerber though, or to Stosur for that matter, they were pretty awful in their matches. Sveta hasn't been able to play 2 good matches in a row in 3 years, so she filled her quota by beating Aga. And Kerber is not good on clay, and she was pushing like there is no tomorrow against Errani. And Stosur.. just no comments... even Ana's BH is better and that is saying a lot.

Is anyone already in Eastbourne? She'll be there in time. It's not like she's coming 2 days before the tournament starts. And it's not like she's getting drunk every night in Belgrade. Partying in Ana's case means being in bed until midnight.

Being week and a half in Belgrade without a coach means she is taking week and a half off from tennis. She already took 5 days off before RG. Just shows how (un) seriously she is taking things.. Most players who lost early at RG are praciting on grass already for a while... or at least practicing.. which is more than what can be said about Ana. I'm not even mentioning her fitness issues.. I just mentioned partying as she was seen in that night club with her brother, and to mean she is not thinking about tennis at all.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I can't comment on Ana's tennis until I find out that the whole Mišković thing is just a rumor. I'm scared, shocked and disgusted. I can't comment on Sara's game, Sam's bh or Ana' mental lapses. It all looks like a joke compared to the possibility that Mišković is trying to seduce her.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I can't comment on Ana's tennis until I find out that the whole Mišković thing is just a rumor. I'm scared, shocked and disgusted. I can't comment on Sara's game, Sam's bh or Ana' mental lapses. It all looks like a joke compared to the possibility that Mišković is trying to seduce her.

He might try.. I'm sure many guys try.. but don't think too much about this.. it's probably nothing.

Edit: This was published in 2008. http://www.svevesti.com/a102626-naslednik-deltine-imperije-marko-mi%C5%A1kovi%C4%87-muva-anu-ivanovi%C4%87 So if anything, its not new news.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:19 PM
He might try.. I'm sure many guys try.. but don't think too much about this.. it's probably nothing.

Edit: This was published in 2008. http://www.svevesti.com/a102626-naslednik-deltine-imperije-marko-mi%C5%A1kovi%C4%87-muva-anu-ivanovi%C4%87 So if anything, its not new news.

I know, but she spends too much time in Belgrade. The thought of him being close to Ana makes me shiver. You can't imagine what type of guy he is.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I know, but she spends too much time in Belgrade. The thought of him being close to Ana makes me shiver. You can't imagine what type of guy he is.

She really is spending an unusual ammount of time in Belgrade these days.. but I don't think she would get together with a guy like this.

Cajka
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:31 PM
She really is spending an unusual ammount of time in Belgrade these days.. but I don't think she would get together with a guy like this.

I guess that I'm paranoid. It's just that the thought of him getting close to Ana scares me like hell.

gaviotabr
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I guess that I'm paranoid. It's just that the thought of him getting close to Ana scares me like hell.

Him trying to get close doesn't mean he will acomplish anything... remember when there was an article saying James Blunt wanted to meet Ana? :lol: A lot of guys must try..

JAS_
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM

Wow :worship:
Good for you for having such a memory.
Not so smart to fill it with this rubbish. :p

Agnieszka Radwanska
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Andrea Petkovic
Angelique Kerber
Carla Suarez Navarro
Caroline Wozniacki
Dinara Safina
Dominika Cibulkova
Ekaterina Makarova
Elena Dementieva
Flavia Pennetta
Francesca Schiavone
Jelena Dokic
Jelena Jankovic
Jie Zheng
Justine Henin
Kaia Kanepi
Kateryna Bondarenko
Kim Clijsters
Maria Kirilenko
Maria Sharapova
Marion Bartoli
Melanie Oudin
Na Li
Nadia Petrova
Nicole Vaidisova
Patty Schnyder
Petra Kvitova
Sabine Lisicki
Samantha Stosur
Sara Errani
Serena Williams
Sorana Cirstea
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sybille Bammer
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Tamira Paszek
Tsvetana Pironkova
Venus Williams
Vera Zvonareva
Victoria Azarenka
Yanina Wickmayer
Yaroslava Shvedova

Oh. My. God. It's worse than I thought. :help:

She clearly isn't mentally ready, otherwise she wouldnt have gifted this match in such a ridiculously stupid way. Ana wouldn't lose to Sveta or to Kerber though, or to Stosur for that matter, they were pretty awful in their matches. Sveta hasn't been able to play 2 good matches in a row in 3 years, so she filled her quota by beating Aga. And Kerber is not good on clay, and she was pushing like there is no tomorrow against Errani. And Stosur.. just no comments... even Ana's BH is better and that is saying a lot.

Oh, she would find a way to lose, trust me.
Her going all the way to the final like Errani did, would require her head to be screwed the right way. The tennis weapons I believe she has even now. And in random tournaments when her head is screwed right, yes, she could beat Sveta, Kerber and Sam. But to beat them all in a row in a slam, this is for Ana atm, unfortunately, something she can only dream of. That's how far she has veered from the right way. :shrug:

Him trying to get close doesn't mean he will acomplish anything... remember when there was an article saying James Blunt wanted to meet Ana? :lol: A lot of guys must try..

Oh, Izzy, you have no idea...Balkan guys are not known for their subtlety...Balkan tycoon sons...well, I don't know anyone in person, but I imagine they can only be worse. :tape: Compared to him, Adam Scott is a prince on a white horse.

azdaja
Jun 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
i don't know why are you so negative about this rg, izzy. it was dissappointing because of the way ana lost but she lost to an in-form clay court player who went all the way to the final. i am also not convinced ana would have gotten as far as errani has. it was not a now or never opportunity and i think we will have to accept that if ana improves it will be gradually. and she has been improving.

JAS_
Jun 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
i don't know why are you so negative about this rg, izzy. it was dissappointing because of the way ana lost but she lost to an in-form clay court player who went all the way to the final. i am also not convinced ana would have gotten as far as errani has. it was not a now or never opportunity and i think we will have to accept that if ana improves it will be gradually. and she has been improving.

By gradually do you mean "at the speed of continental shifts"?

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Oh, she would find a way to lose, trust me.
Her going all the way to the final like Errani did, would require her head to be screwed the right way. The tennis weapons I believe she has even now. And in random tournaments when her head is screwed right, yes, she could beat Sveta, Kerber and Sam. But to beat them all in a row in a slam, this is for Ana atm, unfortunately, something she can only dream of. That's how far she has veered from the right way. :shrug:

We now know she is that far from the right way otherwise she would never have lost that match like that.. but winning it in routine fashion, as she should have, I do think she could've gone all the way. She was certainly playing better tennis than any of her following opponents. Well.. maybe that is just deluded belief. Fact is this was a golden chance of a breakthrough and she wasted it in ridiculous giftaway fashion.

Oh, Izzy, you have no idea...Balkan guys are not known for their subtlety...Balkan tycoon sons...well, I don't know anyone in person, but I imagine they can only be worse. :tape: Compared to him, Adam Scott is a prince on a white horse.

:tape::help:

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM

It was a golden chance and she blew it. Now this is another wasted year as far as the goals she says she has are concerned.. So somehow it really was a now or never opportunity.. now we are back to the "maybe next year", and then who know what will be the situation next year? It's been 4 years already. Maybe she has been improving some areas of her game, but apart from IW, her year has been like any other of the past 4, filled with early round defeats. This tournament could've made an impact, and as I said, it was one of those golden chances that don't come very often.

:spit: Certainly looks like that.. :lol:

azdaja
Jun 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
well, certainly slower than any of us would like. she doesn't have the results yet, true, but she is playing much better and i really think lower end of the top 10 is where she could be (with better scheduling but let's not chew on that again).

in retrospect i think the real waste was when she decided to play without a coach in the first half of the last year :facepalm:

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
well, certainly slower than any of us would like. she doesn't have the results yet, true, but she is playing much better and i really think lower end of the top 10 is where she could be (with better scheduling but let's not chew on that again).

in retrospect i think the real waste was when she decided to play without a coach in the first half of the last year :facepalm:

I would point to the 2010 off season. Once upon a time Ana was ranked ahead of Sharapova.. :spit: She had finally found a way to play well and win again, and she seemed commited.. and then boom.. she changed everything.. changed coach, training regime, lost all that weight. To this day I don't get it.. if its working, and it was working, just keep doing it.. no reason to change everything so drastically. Then came that ab injury and deciding to be without a coach. All such brainless decisions that really made her waste another year.. and then another.. so here we are in the perpetual "maybe next year" phase.

18majors
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM

I've followed Ana since 2007 and Maria Sharapova since 2004. Both have good serves and FH; Ana is a better mover and Maria has a better BH. They always play tough against each other.

Given time, Ana will be back as a top 4 player, just like Maria.

gaviotabr
Jun 8th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Overheard at my tennis club today:

20 or so year old boy with blue shirt (Boy 1): Hey! Did you watch the womens semis?

20 or so year old boy with white shirt (Boy 2): Which one?

Boy 1: Both.. There was this girl.. seriously.. Stosur I think is her name.. she had arms bigger than mine! :hysteric: I think she hit like 10 aces..

Boy 2: I only watched Sharapova's match.. I pick the matches with the pretty girls.. :ignore:

Boy 1: I watched hers too!

:spit::lol:

18majors
Jun 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM

20 or so year old boy with blue shirt (Boy 1): Hey! Did you watch the womens semis?

Boy 1: Both.. There was this girl.. seriously.. Stosur I think is her name.. she had arms bigger than mine! :hysteric: I think she hit like 10 aces..

Boy 2: I only watched Sharapova's match.. I pick the matches with the pretty girls.. :ignore:

That's why WTA needs both Ana and Maria to do well so they stay around for weekends.

Cajka
Jun 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM

:rolls:

It's strange that someone who plays tennis doesn't know who Stosur is. :lol: I'd say that many of casual sport fans in Serbia (who follow only GS events) know who Sam is. But, it's probably because we have Ana and JJ.

Anyway, I'm really nervous. I'll go crazy if Maria loses this.

18majors
Jun 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
:rolls:

It's strange that someone who plays tennis doesn't know who Stosur is. :lol: I'd say that many of casual sport fans in Serbia (who follow only GS events) know who Sam is. But, it's probably because we have Ana and JJ.

Anyway, I'm really nervous. I'll go crazy if Maria loses this.

Let's do this, Maria.

InsideOut.
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thank god Maria took out the trash :cheer:

Still wish Ana had beaten Errani and made it to the final :sad: It would have been fitting for her to get a trophy (at least the runner-up plate!) from Monica.

gaviotabr
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thank god Maria took out the trash :cheer:

Still wish Ana had beaten Errani and made it to the final :sad: It would have been fitting for her to get a trophy (at least the runner-up plate!) from Monica.

That was my first thought when I heard Monica Seles would be giving the trophy.. It would be extra special for Ana.. but well..

gaviotabr
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats to Sharapova. She really deserves this.. I think she is indeed the ultimate professional.. has so much, and went through so much with that career threatening injury, and yet here she is, number 1 and slam winner again. :worship:

The 2nd Law
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
OMG thank god Maria won. I'm such a fan of her amazing spirit. No words for this incredible achievement :worship: what an inspiration!

InsideOut.
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, can't say I'm a huge fan, but Maria really deserves a lot of respect... and she had to go through tough times as well, she was almost crying getting bagelled by Azarenka in Australia but she just kept fighting and fighting... and you have to be impressed by the way she turned from a cow on ice to clay-GOAT nowadays - Stuttgart, Rome and RG champion is pretty damn impressive even by Henin-standards.

The 2nd Law
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
She has dealt with so many setbacks and put them all behind her. For me this is more incredible than Clijsters in New York 09. For her first post-surgery slam to be at Roland Garros is just out of this world incredible :worship:

Cajka
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
It's great to be Maria's fan today. After the misery in AO final, Wimbledon final, I don't know, how many players would bounce back after that. After few very disappointing finals first she managed to beat Vika, who is a horrible match up for her. Then she managed to defend Rome title although she didn't play her best tennis. How she handled the pressure today was amazing.

Btw, I just saw another "who is greater" thread in GM. How it's possible that almost 70% of posters on this board think that Dementieva is greater than Ana is beyond me. There's no even room for "agree to disagree". It's a pure delusion.

SidTheKid
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Really happy for Masha :)

The 2nd Law
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
It's great to be Maria's fan today. After the misery in AO final, Wimbledon final, I don't know, how many players would bounce back after that. After few very disappointing finals first she managed to beat Vika, who is a horrible match up for her. Then she managed to defend Rome title although she didn't play her best tennis. How she handled the pressure today was amazing.

Btw, I just saw another "who is greater" thread in GM. How it's possible that almost 70% of posters on this board think that Dementieva is greater than Ana is beyond me. There's no even room for "agree to disagree". It's a pure delusion.

Dementieva would beat Federer in a poll in GM :lol: Only Peak Pierce beats Elena in GM :rolleyes:

I really believe that this win breaks the shackles for Maria now, I am expecting her to win at least one of Wimbledon, Olympics and USO - and if she won two or more I would not be surprised.

gaviotabr
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Yes, can't say I'm a huge fan, but Maria really deserves a lot of respect... and she had to go through tough times as well, she was almost crying getting bagelled by Azarenka in Australia but she just kept fighting and fighting... and you have to be impressed by the way she turned from a cow on ice to clay-GOAT nowadays - Stuttgart, Rome and RG champion is pretty damn impressive even by Henin-standards.

Claypova didn't lose a single match on red clay this season. Impressive.

I think this is just a result of her professionalism.. she threats the game of tennis with ultimate respect. Every tournament she enters, you can count on her to fight for every match.. it might not work, but it isn't for lack of effort. And she keeps going and working and trying.

I'm not Masha's fan either.. but I think this is all very much earned and deserved. And I admire her professionalism very much. Few players have as much respect for tennis.

gaviotabr
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Dementieva would beat Federer in a poll in GM :lol: Only Peak Pierce beats Elena in GM :rolleyes:

Peak Pierce is legendary! :spit:

Dementieva is the most liked player in GM and Ana is alongside Caro the most hated.. do the math. :spit:

I really believe that this win breaks the shackles for Maria now, I am expecting her to win at least one of Wimbledon, Olympics and USO - and if she won two or more I would not be surprised.

Sharapova has pretty much won (3), made the final (3) or lost to the champion (2 QFs to Kerber in Paris and Serena in Madrid + the 3 finals) in every single tournament she played this season. Normal to expect some more greatness from her.

Cajka
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I have just read that Myskina is greater than Ana? :hysteric: What does Myskina have that Ana doesn't? Career slam QF title? :spit:

SidTheKid
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ana is probably one of most hated on this forum so she would loose to anyone :lol:

Cajka
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
We should make "WIG Ana or Whitehead" troll poll in GM and all vote for Whitehead.

18majors
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Peak Pierce is legendary! :spit:

Dementieva is the most liked player in GM and Ana is alongside Caro the most hated.. do the math. :spit:

Sharapova has pretty much won (3), made the final (3) or lost to the champion (2 QFs to Kerber in Paris and Serena in Madrid + the 3 finals) in every single tournament she played this season. Normal to expect some more greatness from her.

Ana would be one of the most liked if she didn't win 2008 FO.

gaviotabr
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I think Novak lost this match at 3-3 in the first set.. handed game with DFs and then Nadal won set and seized confidence.

18majors
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I think Novak lost this match at 3-3 in the first set.. handed game with DFs and then Nadal won set and seized confidence.

Novak comes back from 2 sets down in many grand slam matches but the challenges are that much greater when Nadal is on the other side of the net in a French Open Final.

gaviotabr
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Novak comes back from 2 sets down in many grand slam matches but the challenges are that much greater when Nadal is on the other side of the net in a French Open Final.

Biggest issue is that Novak is not playing well at all, and Nadal is.. too many UEs from Nole.

Cajka
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Pathetic performance from Novak. But he's lucky that he's in the final considering how awful he played in some matches. I can't watch this match, really. Women's final was MUCH better.

gaviotabr
Jun 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Pathetic performance from Novak. But he's lucky that he's in the final considering how awful he played in some matches. I can't watch this match, really. Women's final was MUCH better.

Yes.. Novak is really awful today.. unable to bother Rafa at all, and making too many Ues.

Cajka
Jun 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I just checked the livescores. Looks like he's doing better when I'm not watching it.

JAS_
Jun 11th, 2012, 09:38 AM
So, Masha won. Respect.

I wonder if people now denigrate her success as they did Ana's slam title saying she was lucky with the draw. :rolleyes:
Not that I feel sorry for Ana anymore :o

Novak today has a great chance, I think this is on his racket.
Even though his momentum was broken, I think it was good that the match was delayed for today because the dark bothers him.

Most importantly he had gone to the break with clear idea about how to play Nadal, and he had all night to analyze it, but to me it's clear - the minute he flattened out his shots, and started taking the ball on the rise, he took away time from Rafa so he couldn't run accross the whole court and set his shots up.
So, the change of tide was entirely in Novak's control, and it will all depend what Novak shows up.
I think he is out of that dumpster psychologically that he was in during the first two sets, that's a Novak that I haven't seen since 2009.
Today he must hit the ground running. Also, he only has to keep his serve today, and if he breaks Nadal even better. Then it's onto the fifth and that's a whole new ballgame.
If he begins by feeling the atmosphere first and looping the balls like in the first two sets, he's a goner.
But if he plays his aggressive style, Rafa can't do anything about it. And I think he knows it.
C'mon Novak, let's make history!

JAS_
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Oh shit did I just jinx him? :tape:

But he started with the harmless tennis. :scared: And now he's back to fighting from behind. Sigh.

gaviotabr
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Novak broken to start... :o

Started really really slow again. I don't think the interruption was good for him at all.. he had settled into the match, and was playing well.. after every interruption or break, Novak came back missing a lot and not feeling the ball.. again today.

JAS_
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Keeping that break might have been crucial psychologically.

Cajka
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Novak is generous today, I see. Unfortunately, now there's no time to come back. He's officially done.

JAS_
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Novak broken to start... :o

Started really really slow again. I don't think the interruption was good for him at all.. he had settled into the match, and was playing well.. after every interruption or break, Novak came back missing a lot and not feeling the ball.. again today.

Yeah, I know but I thought that night would have given him enough time to realize that he HAS to come out firing on all cylinders.