PDA

View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Kvitova is killing it in Madrid right now. Winners left and right.

I say that and she goes from 40-0 to get broken.

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I say that and she goes from 40-0 to get broken.

Petra wins it anyway. So.. keeps the streak of no clay premier titles for top 10 seeded players.

Sharapovian
May 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Petra probably wasn't even playing her best yet hit 40 winners to 34 UE.

Cajka
May 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Nole!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

azdaja
May 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM
yeah, nole rocks. i'm so glad this year is all about someone else other than fedull for the first time in ages. please ana, spend some time with him, let him inspire you. we know you are good friends.

JAS_
May 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Novak :bowdown::rocker2::aparty::crazy:

No words, just Novak's :

I know this run I have is really incredible but I try not to think about how long it's going to go and when I am going to lose," he said.
"It's about how many more wins I am going to have. I try to think about winning."

doni1212
May 11th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Nadal sure hasn't been impressive on clay. He seems to lack confidence and his mental game is OFF. Strange.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
The lack of stamina might be a problem. I don't know if it's true that Nadal had an infusion therapy after the final of Miami.

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Nadal lost 1 set in TB.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
If Rafa loses, will Novak be the numbert one? :D

doni1212
May 11th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I think he will have to win the whole tournament to be #1.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Those 2 will probably play 3 sets. :fiery:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I know and I won't get too see Ana :sad:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
3-3
:eek:
Rafa will come back and crush though.

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I'm officially pissed... had tennis practice today at 9:30 am. I missing it because I thought Ana would be on court by now... Nadal is taking forever and a half with this match. :mad: I could've gone to practice and come back in time. :o

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Oh, Lorenzi, take a deeeep breath. :)

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
4-3 Paulo!
But Nadal will do his weird little comback and finish this match in like an 1 30 when I have to leave :sad:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
4-4
Rafa's coming back :sad:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Lorenzi to be broken right here. :sad:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Crap.

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
5-4 Nadal.
Woke up at 530 and wont get to watch Anci play,

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Nadal will win the second set now.. and then Ana will be on court in 1 hour and a half at the earliest. Missed my tennis practice for nothing! UGH! Pissed.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Ana's match hasn't even started and I'm already soooo pissed off.

The 2nd Law
May 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Who here thinks that if Nadal loses it might mess with Ana's head? :lol: She would be watching this surely.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yes. I was thinking about that too.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
It's all BMS's fault. :fiery:

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Nadal wont lose now.

The 2nd Law
May 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
He better win quickly :o

The 2nd Law
May 11th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Novak is amazing :worship:

He actually inspired me to change my diet for my taekwondo tournaments :lol: I am going to compete in Malaysia in July :)

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It's all BMS's fault. :fiery:

Everything is.

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Novak is amazing :worship:

He actually inspired me to change my diet for my taekwondo tournaments :lol: I am going to compete in Malaysia in July :)

Oh nice! The best of luck! :)

The 2nd Law
May 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Oh nice! The best of luck! :)

Thanks :) Here's hoping the diet gives me an extra edge :bounce:

Hurry up Rafaaaaaaa.

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 02:14 PM
4:0

Ivanovic2008
May 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
5-0 30-0.
Ana still on CC!

Cajka
May 11th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Finally :silly:

doni1212
May 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I HATE when I have to cheer for Jankovic. Only when she plays THAT player, only then. Get the W please!

JAS_
May 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Woz started the match with Wicky yesterday exactly the same as Ana. It was 6:1 in the first and they played the TB. And then at one point it was 5:2 for Woz. I think it was 5:2 for Ana. Wicky gained a few points, but Woz struck and ace at that point, when Ana always falters. And finally she closed the door.

One thing I noticed is her body language. I really like how when she is waiting for the balls, to return serves, she is always in motion, and also during the rallies, she never just stands like Ana, she is always ready to leap, she has that body language that she is ready to spring she is onto your balls. That is something that probably also helps her to feel relaxed and alert at the same time. Ana, on the contrary, very often just stands there, trying to calm herself down and then she really often put herself to sleep. It is a great danger for her, I sometimes think that the opponents could use that as a strategy against her - just put her to sleep with their game, and THEN when she relaxes, strike. She really needs to cover all possibilities for the attack.

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 02:32 PM
JJ :facepalm: I feel like crying, seriously.

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I love Serbian commentators. :lol: One of that has just said that Schiavone's playing style is similar to Caroline's. :tape:

azdaja
May 13th, 2011, 03:58 PM
sorry for everyone who supported jj, but i can't feel sorry, actually this is pretty much lolworthy. and to think that i was actually interested in this matchup the last time they played :o

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM
The match was awful. JJ played well only in 2nd set, the rest was terrible. And Caro.. I've never enjoyed watching her play. Her approach shots were so bad and JJ still couldn't hit lob, couldn't hit some passing shot. Caro can't hit a decent flat fh, so she sends those moonballs instead... JJ couldn't find a solution for that... :shrug: In one moment Caro tried to hit some drop shots. It was so embarrassing. :facepalm: I'm not CW hater, but it's so hard to see her as a world number 1. Such an one-dimensional player. :help:

jelenacg
May 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
sorry for everyone who supported jj, but i can't feel sorry, actually this is pretty much lolworthy. and to think that i was actually interested in this matchup the last time they played :o

I didn`t see the match but i`m glad Caro won :lol::lol:
Too bad for Vika today ,i only saw first set.She really was unlucky but i`m happy for Masha :angel:
If only she could beat Caro tomorrow ...
I fear for 2009 scenario regarding mens RG :facepalm:

JAS_
May 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Novak smoked Soderling. :inlove:
It's unreal - his level of tennis.

JJ seems to be following in Ana's footsteps.
First she followed Ana to no. 1, then she copied her fistpump, now she has adopted her brilliant mentality. She is the real Ana stalker not Woz :o ;)

As for the other match, am I the only one who saw Masha scream c'mon from the top of her lungs after getting to 3:0 with injured Vika? And then people complain about Ana's ajdes. :shrug:

jelenacg
May 13th, 2011, 10:11 PM
People complain about everything here :spit:
I agree with Federer when he says if you are on court that means you are fit to play.So until Vika retired how was Masha supposed to know if it was serious or not :shrug:
I saw a small clip and she was very classy after Vika retired

JAS_
May 13th, 2011, 10:26 PM
People complain about everything here :spit:
I agree with Federer when he says if you are on court that means you are fit to play.So until Vika retired how was Masha supposed to know if it was serious or not :shrug:
I saw a small clip and she was very classy after Vika retired

Yeah, but Vika was practically crying accross the net, with breaks between serves, bent over in pain. It wasn't classy at all. Afterwards, she did walk to her and seem concerned that is true.

As for the Serbian commentators, dear God, I think we have only one who knows what he's doing. And that would be Viskovic. The others - saying beh-hand, dry - volley, constantly wondering how it's possible that Woz is no. 1, not to mention that objectivity is not even attempted...it's a horror show.

jelenacg
May 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but Vika was practically crying accross the net, with breaks between serves, bent over in pain. It wasn't classy at all. Afterwards, she did walk to her and seem concerned that is true.

As for the Serbian commentators, dear God, I think we have only one who knows what he's doing. And that would be Viskovic. The others - saying beh-hand, dry - volley, constantly wondering how it's possible that Woz is no. 1, not to mention that objectivity is not even attempted...it's a horror show.

The guy who doesn`t like Caro is Pesikan i think. His `love` for her is hilarious :lol:
Viskovic is good,he knows his job very well

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM

So you heard "behend" and "draj-volej" too? I thought I started imagining things. And the commentator was really interesting today. I thought he was gonna cry. "Oh, no, why doesn't she retire? This could ruin her career. Someone should tell her to retire... The umpire... Sharapova..." :spit: Imagine Maria begging Vika to retire.:lol: And it's so obvious that he can't stand Woz. Lot of interesting things about that guy. He's against hawk-eye system, he thinks there shouldn't be medical time-out and toilet break. He can't stand half of the players and all the umpires except Asderaki. :lol:

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 10:46 PM
The guy who doesn`t like Caro is Pesikan i think. His `love` for her is hilarious :lol:
Viskovic is good,he knows his job very well

Dragan Pešikan. And there was a worse one - Damir Ceronja

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2011, 11:24 PM
What a delight it is to watch Novak play tennis. It's just beautiful, like he can do everything on court. The drop shots and lobs, the changes in pace, the incredible gets, the jaw-dropping winners. He is playing sublime tennis. And so controlled. Amazing. :worship:

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I didn`t see the match but i`m glad Caro won :lol::lol:
Too bad for Vika today ,i only saw first set.She really was unlucky but i`m happy for Masha :angel:
If only she could beat Caro tomorrow ...
I fear for 2009 scenario regarding mens RG :facepalm:

I don't think so.. Both Rafa and Novak have more resources now than they had at that time in 2009. Novak is a lot stronger and Rafa has no issue with his knees. Besides.. Federer is much more prone to being upset nowadays.

Novak smoked Soderling. :inlove:
It's unreal - his level of tennis.

First she followed Ana to no. 1, then she copied her fistpump, now she has adopted her brilliant mentality. She is the real Ana stalker not Woz :o ;)

As for the other match, am I the only one who saw Masha scream c'mon from the top of her lungs after getting to 3:0 with injured Vika? And then people complain about Ana's ajdes. :shrug:

There is no love lost between Masha and Vika. Remeber the "Is her last name Jankovic?" incident after a MTO? It was in a match against Vika. I do agree the come on was a bit much though.

I don't see a problem with come ons and allez and ajdes and vamos or whatnot though.. if it's to pump you up, what's the problem?

Cajka
May 13th, 2011, 11:42 PM
What a delight it is to watch Novak play tennis. It's just beautiful, like he can do everything on court. The drop shots and lobs, the changes in pace, the incredible gets, the jaw-dropping winners. He is playing sublime tennis. And so controlled. Amazing. :worship:

The confidence is a great thing. When you have it, you can show everything you can do. And Novak's game has a lot of variety, so it's really beautiful to watch. I've always considered him more talented than Rafa.

azdaja
May 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM
well, she forgot to copy one important step from ana's career :angel:

novak remains unbeatable this year and while everyone is talking about his winning streak i would like to know what is the record for the most bagels served in a season? or for the bakery combination of bagels and bread sticks?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I now really start to believe that Novak will win RG. Although Soderling seemed to be injured, it was so hard to win points. Only the aces could help. Kinda weird what Novak can do nowadays. Just hope he doesn't get any injury and neither gets Nadal. Both at top can make a great final in 3 weeks.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
So you heard "behend" and "draj-volej" too? I thought I started imagining things. And the commentator was really interesting today. I thought he was gonna cry. "Oh, no, why doesn't she retire? This could ruin her career. Someone should tell her to retire... The umpire... Sharapova..." :spit: Imagine Maria begging Vika to retire.:lol:

Yes! I was like WTF? The guy almost cried, he was practically panicking :lol:
Someone should do something...coach...umpire...Maria... Ahahahahha :haha:
I was expecting him to say: someone from the stands next. Thankfully Vika retired, or he could have hurt himself :lol:

And it's so obvious that he can't stand Woz. Lot of interesting things about that guy. He's against hawk-eye system, he thinks there shouldn't be medical time-out and toilet break. He can't stand half of the players and all the umpires except Asderaki. :lol:

I am actually not quite sure it's all the same guy. But yeah, there is one who always thinks that the player is faking the medical timeout, no matter who the player and what the situation is. And then there is one who is agains the hawkeye (this I can understand, cause I have my doubts as well ;))
Then there is one who is such an obvious JJfan/Ana hater, it's ridiculous. For their match in IW, he just kept saying what JJ should do in the match (to win obviously) (and I kept thinkig why should she?? :)), and when he's just reporting JJ matches he can't stop praising her and talking about bad luck when she misses and luck when the opponent scores :lol: And all the opposite with Ana. And then the guy who hates Woz is just like Woz haters in GM, I wouldn't be surprised he writes there :lol:

I mean, they are a joke.

There may be one other guy who is decent, I think his name is Boskovic, but not sure.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I don't think so.. Both Rafa and Novak have more resources now than they had at that time in 2009. Novak is a lot stronger and Rafa has no issue with his knees. Besides.. Federer is much more prone to being upset nowadays.

There is no love lost between Masha and Vika. Remeber the "Is her last name Jankovic?" incident after a MTO? It was in a match against Vika. I do agree the come on was a bit much though.

I don't see a problem with come ons and allez and ajdes and vamos or whatnot though.. if it's to pump you up, what's the problem?

I don't either, but in this case, it would be similar to Dominika screaming c'mon to the hurt Ana on top of her lungs, when Ana is bending at the baseline because of pain. I mean...she WAS injured and couldn't play and it's not like it wasn't visible to Masha. Just don't think it was appropriate.
Other than that, I don't have a problem with those screams either. Much more with the shrieking.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Yes! I was like WTF? The guy almost cried, he was practically panicking :lol:
Someone should do something...coach...umpire...Maria... Ahahahahha :haha:
I was expecting him to say: someone from the stands next. Thankfully Vika retired, or he could have hurt himself :lol:

I am actually not quite sure it's all the same guy. But yeah, there is one who always thinks that the player is faking the medical timeout, no matter who the player and what the situation is. And then there is one who is agains the hawkeye (this I can understand, cause I have my doubts as well ;))
Then there is one who is such an obvious JJfan/Ana hater, it's ridiculous. For their match in IW, he just kept saying what JJ should do in the match (to win obviously) (and I kept thinkig why should she?? :)), and when he's just reporting JJ matches he can't stop praising her and talking about bad luck when she misses and luck when the opponent scores :lol: And all the opposite with Ana. And then the guy who hates Woz is just like Woz haters in GM, I wouldn't be surprised he writes there :lol:

I mean, they are a joke.

There may be one other guy who is decent, I think his name is Boskovic, but not sure.

Bošković is from B92, but he also works for ES. He'e decent, he's the best tennis player between those commentators. :lol: He won something last year. :lol: I really believe that those guys from ES post here. Some of those comments are totally similar to posts in GM. But the lack of knowledge from those guys is amazing. I'm not an expert, I play doubles with friends sometimes just and only for fun, but I have the feeling that I could comment on matches better than they do. I mean... Caro and Schiavone...:confused: :confused: :confused: So, if the player can play a defence, she's a pusher? Fran and Caro don't have the similar technique, game plan or playing-style. I don't see any similarity. :confused::confused::confused:

Lord Choc Ice
May 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I've stopped supporting Verdasco. :sobbing: Hard decision.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I've stopped supporting Verdasco. :sobbing: Hard decision.

That's quite a decision. May I ask what was the last straw? I would think Ana is much more disappointing and for a longer time. Verdasco just got out of the top 10.. Ana did so 2 years ago.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I don't either, but in this case, it would be similar to Dominika screaming c'mon to the hurt Ana on top of her lungs, when Ana is bending at the baseline because of pain. I mean...she WAS injured and couldn't play and it's not like it wasn't visible to Masha. Just don't think it was appropriate.
Other than that, I don't have a problem with those screams either. Much more with the shrieking.

Yes, I also thought it was a bit much considering her opponent couldn't hit and was grimmicing in pain.

I was just talking overall.. people seem to criticize the come ons and allez and ajdes and so on too much. I don't mind them... if it's to pump yourself up and in the heat of the battle, it's even good.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I now really start to believe that Novak will win RG. Although Soderling seemed to be injured, it was so hard to win points. Only the aces could help. Kinda weird what Novak can do nowadays. Just hope he doesn't get any injury and neither gets Nadal. Both at top can make a great final in 3 weeks.

Yeah.. I also hope to see them facing off at RG final. Can be great!

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM

novak remains unbeatable this year and while everyone is talking about his winning streak i would like to know what is the record for the most bagels served in a season? or for the bakery combination of bagels and bread sticks?

I'm not sure.. but I would think Novak has to be up there.. he is bagelling everyone!

Ivanovic2008
May 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Nole has the most bagels in Men's tennis this year at 9! :hearts:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Woz has so many supporters in Rome. :eek:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Woz x Sharapova was a hilarious match.

Hard to think Woz is one of the RG favorites.. there really aren't good clay court players in form and around. Her movement, which is one of her strengths, isn't good on clay.. she loses a step. And her groundstrokes are even softer.

Sharapova's groudies were killing it today. And I have to say I absolutely love her competitive spirit. She has one of the best ever attitudes on tennis.

Ivanovic2008
May 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
^ Agreed.
Woz's fans said that Caro was hitting winners of Maria's moonballs :spit:

jelenacg
May 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Woz x Sharapova was a hilarious match.

Absolutely hilarious :spit:
Can`t think of the last time i enjoyed wta match so much :lol: And when Masha fell with all her height trying to chase Caro`s FH :haha:

Sharapova's groudies were killing it today. And I have to say I absolutely love her competitive spirit. She has one of the best ever attitudes on tennis.

Definitely ,her game imo isn`t the most impressive one ,nor does it have much variety but the attitude you just have to admire. Especially if you know what she has been through :worship:
And Sasha :lol: he`ll end up having a heart attack

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Woz's fans are... :rolleyes:

Woz can't slide at all. :o And I know I'm boring with this, but I can't believe she hits so many moonballs. I understand that it can be helpful if she plays against some short player who likes to step into the court take the ball early and execute it. It's good to hit moonballs against Dominika, 'cause it's a smart way to keep her behind the baseline... But, why would someone hit moonballs against one of the tallest players on tour. :confused: Anyway, I'm happy for Masha, I would like her to win, but I think that she stands no chance against Sam.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Absolutely hilarious :spit:
Can`t think of the last time i enjoyed wta match so much :lol: And when Masha fell with all her height trying to chase Caro`s FH :haha:

I had to LOL at that! Especially because she had to hit the previous shot right at Caro.. and then went diving into the clay.. hilarious.

Definitely ,her game imo isn`t the most impressive one ,nor does it have much variety but the attitude you just have to admire. Especially if you know what she has been through :worship:
And Sasha :lol: he`ll end up having a heart attack

Exactly.. I have to tip my cap to Sharapova. Awesome attitude. After all she has been through.. this is real love for the game. She is giving herself the best chance to succeed, doing everything she can to be better.. fighting for every point no matter what.. and that attitude will always pay off.

It was cute to see Sasha being such a cheerleader! :lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Woz's fans are... :rolleyes:

Woz can't slide at all. :o And I know I'm boring with this, but I can't believe she hits so many moonballs. I understand that it can be helpful if she plays against some short player who likes to step into the court take the ball early and execute it. It's good to hit moonballs against Dominika, 'cause it's a smart way to keep her behind the baseline... But, why would someone hit moonballs against one of the tallest players on tour. :confused: Anyway, I'm happy for Masha, I would like her to win, but I think that she stands no chance against Sam.

You do know Masha owns Sam, h2h is 7-0.

I think it will be tight.. both will have a chance to win.

jelenacg
May 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I had to LOL at that! Especially because she had to hit the previous shot right at Caro.. and then went diving into the clay.. hilarious.

Yeah that was so stupid :facepalm: but her falling :lol:

Exactly.. I have to tip my cap to Sharapova. Awesome attitude. After all she has been through.. this is real love for the game. She is giving herself the best chance to succeed, doing everything she can to be better.. fighting for every point no matter what.. and that attitude will always pay off.

It was cute to see Sasha being such a cheerleader! :lol:
True ,it`s all about attitude
Sasha is fistpumping machine :lol:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
You do know Masha owns Sam, h2h is 7-0.

I think it will be tight.. both will have a chance to win.

I don't think they played on clay before. :shrug: If she beats Sam on clay, she might win RG. :) Saying this few months ago would be crazy, but now it's not such a crazy thought.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I don't think they played on clay before. :shrug: If she beats Sam on clay, she might win RG. :) Saying this few months ago would be crazy, but now it's not such a crazy thought.

Clay should help Sam.. but a lot is about match up. And Sharapova knows how to play against Sam. With her height, Sam's great kick serve is not so effective. I think it can be a good match with both players having the chance to win.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Thank God for that step. ;)

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Monica watching Novak :inlove:

Sharapovian
May 14th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Andy is going to get a severe beatdown :facepalm: I'm not surprised but just wish this was closer.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
JAS, are you watcing Novak? The commentator has just mentioned the "f..king b..ch" incident. Now I'm sure that he reads the posts on this board. :spit:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Clay should help Sam.. but a lot is about match up. And Sharapova knows how to play against Sam. With her height, Sam's great kick serve is not so effective. I think it can be a good match with both players having the chance to win.
Peak Maria would beat her, I have no doubt. But, this is not peak Maria. It's interesting to see how slumping of players like Ana affects the careers of players like Sam. Remember RG 2006, Ana destroyed Sam and now Sam is some kind of clay-goat. :lol: I don't know if Ana could beat her now. Last time she lost, but she managed to beat her on grass 2009. But, then again, that's expected. Ana can play really good on natural surfaces, that's why I expect some good result on grass (QF is a good result for her atm).

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
JAS, are you watcing Novak? The commentator has just mentioned the "f..king b..ch" incident. Now I'm sure that he reads the posts on this board. :spit:

Yes, I am :)
He said "Azarenka just about calmed down a bit this year and yesterday she cursed. Today came the apology." (Really? Didn't know.) What do you think is his nick? :scratch:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, I am :)
He said "Azarenka just about calmed down a bit this year and yesterday she cursed. Today came the apology." (Really? Didn't know.) What do you think is his nick? :scratch:
The apology? Nope. http://twitter.com/#!/vika7
Novak doesn't look good. :sad: And the nick? Hm, maybe it's you, maybe it's me. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Novak is starting to miss easy shots.. bad sign. :(

Fight Nole!

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Andy is going to get a severe beatdown :facepalm: I'm not surprised but just wish this was closer.

He is actually playing really well now..

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Novak isn't serving well today.. :sad:

I think the streak might end..

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Novak isn't serving well today.. :sad:

I think the streak might end..

Me too. He's tired, Murray's on fire. That's it.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Me too. He's tired, Murray's on fire. That's it.

Yes..

Fight Novak!

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Novak looks down and out now.

He is not playing well today. :(

Murray is on fire.. but the issue is Novak can't get a first serve in.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 08:43 PM
:mad:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
:spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Novak Djokovic is an effing hero! AWESOME!

This is what win with the mind and the heart means!

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ana should really watch a match like this and learn. When it gets tight, it's not about tennis anymore, you have to win it with guts, heart and mind.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Yes, baby! Amazing.
I thought Novak was going to just roll over Andy, but this is so much better. Wow!
So glad you were wrong, Izzy.

But you are right about this, I thought exactly the same:

Ana should really watch a match like this and learn. When it gets tight, it's not about tennis anymore, you have to win it with guts, heart and mind.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I wonder if Ana ever watches tennis matches anymore. She used to, at least I remember her saying she was watching men's tennis matches.

18majors
May 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I always consider Ana and Maria Sharapova two of the most talented WTA players, along with players like Serena, Clijsters, Kvitova and Azarenka.

Both Ana and Maria have been struggling since 2008; Maria due to shoulder surgery and Ana due to off-court events but I always expect both to come back because Maria is only 24 and Ana 23.

Maria has started to play better in 2011 and I expect Ana will do the same soon.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, baby! Amazing.
I thought Novak was going to just roll over Andy, but this is so much better. Wow!
So glad you were wrong, Izzy.

But you are right about this, I thought exactly the same:

I'm glad I was wrong about the streak as well. I was rooting like crazy here.. my cousins were looking at me like if I was a freak! :lol: Luckily my boyfriend doesn't get scared anymore and would calmly explain to them I was just really into tennis. :lol::spit:

And yeah.. I've said many times.. when things get tight in tennis, it's not about the game, it's about the mind, the heart and the guts. That's what's going to decide the winner. Unfortunately Ana has shrunk every single time she gets herself in tight situations lately. No heart.. no guts.. no mind.. nothing. She really should watch matches like this and learn. But she has also shown she is not good with learning.. she is good with repeating mistakes, does that all the time. :banghead:

jelenacg
May 14th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Poor Andy ,i have no words so many missed chances :sad::tape:
Well done Nole but this match apart from first set and TB was such a torture

Pretty sure womans final will be more interesting than mans for once :spit:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I always consider Ana and Maria Sharapova two of the most talented WTA players, along with players like Serena, Clijsters, Kvitova and Azarenka.

Both Ana and Maria have been struggling since 2008; Maria due to shoulder surgery and Ana due to off-court events but I always expect both to come back because Maria is only 24 and Ana 23.

Maria has started to play better in 2011 and I expect Ana will do the same soon.

Maria is a mental giant compared to Ana.. and she has one of the best attitudes ever in tennis. If she struggled, it was due to physical limitations.. but she does everything in her power to give herself a chance to be better and to succeed.

Ana is the opposite.. she has awful attitude and doesn't even give herself a chance. Actually, she runs away from any chance. It only takes one small adversity to get her to dive into a sea of bad attitude, and it takes years and a titanic effort for her to get out of that. Ana could also learn from Sharapova.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I wonder if Ana ever watches tennis matches anymore. She used to, at least I remember her saying she was watching men's tennis matches.

I'm not sure.. but I don't think she can learn from it.. she was there watching Novak win AO.. and she couldn't learn a thing.

18majors
May 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM

WTA final is certainly better than ATP, especially when Ana plays Maria.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Yes.. I didn't think it was the brilliant match people are talking about. Novak was missing a lot more than he has in this streak, and he wasn't serving well. What was really awesome was how Novak won this match with pure heart, guts and mind. That is quite something.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 09:44 PM
WTA final is certainly better than ATP, especially when Ana plays Maria.

Well.. that hasn't happened for over 3 years.

18majors
May 14th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Maria is a mental giant compared to Ana.. and she has one of the best attitudes ever in tennis. If she struggled, it was due to physical limitations.. but she does everything in her power to give herself a chance to be better and to succeed.

Ana is the opposite.. she has awful attitude and doesn't even give herself a chance. Actually, she runs away from any chance. It only takes one small adversity to get her to dive into a sea of bad attitude, and it takes years and a titanic effort for her to get out of that. Ana could also learn from Sharapova.

I'm sure Ana view Maria as her peer, both on and off tennis court.

It should be a good influence for Ana if Maria does well.

jelenacg
May 14th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Yes.. I didn't think it was the brilliant match people are talking about. Novak was missing a lot more than he has in this streak, and he wasn't serving well. What was really awesome was how Novak won this match with pure heart, guts and mind. That is quite something.

I have no idea how Novak won it at the end ,maybe it`s his heart ,luck ,confidence and Andy`s choking all together :shrug:
In the end they both had more winners than UE but for me it was real torture.Novak was barely moving at some points and Andy just couldn`t convert it .So close yet so far...
Being up a break twice,then having 0-30 at 5-5 ,i mean how many chances do you really need ???:facepalm:
Monica Seles was there :hearts:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I have no idea how Novak won it at the end ,maybe it`s his heart ,luck ,confidence and Andy`s choking all together :shrug:
In the end they both had more winners than UE but for me it was real torture.Novak was barely moving at some points and Andy just couldn`t convert it .So close yet so far...
Being up a break twice,then having 0-30 at 5-5 ,i mean how many chances do you really need ???:facepalm:
Monica Seles was there :hearts:

APDP is a big factory of chokers. ;)

I saw Monica Seles! Looking great!

jelenacg
May 14th, 2011, 10:10 PM

Yes that must be it :facepalm:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM

That's what I mentioned once. The biggest champions are in Nike (except Henin).

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 10:18 PM
That's what I mentioned once. The biggest champions are in Nike (except Henin).

:lol: I don't think the problem is with Adidas though.. it's the APDP. Part time coaches don't bring stability, and don't have enough time to see patterns, so they can't really give players a mental support. They should hire a psychologist to the programme. They have Ana, Murray, Gulbis, Cirstea, Kirilenko, Verdasco.. the only one sane is Caro. The psychologist would be of much use.

Also.. today I saw for sure that Darren will have Murray as his number 1 priority among APDP. And yet Ana will remain begging for the leftovers until she is again out of the top 50 or beyond.. :banghead:

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
:lol: I don't think the problem is with Adidas though.. it's the APDP. Part time coaches don't bring stability, and don't have enough time to see patterns, so they can't really give players a mental support. They should hire a psychologist to the programme. They have Ana, Murray, Gulbis, Cirstea, Kirilenko, Verdasco.. the only one sane is Caro. The psychologist would be of much use.

Also.. today I saw for sure that Darren will have Murray as his number 1 priority among APDP. And yet Ana will remain begging for the leftovers until she is again out of the top 50 or beyond.. :banghead:

She complained 'cause Heinz couldn't be her full time coach and now she's OK with the leftovers. Who knows why she really fired him. I don't understand why she fired Craig Kardon in 2009. She was playing OK in Dubai against SW and had a good run in IW.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM

Serbian commentator yesterday mentioned how it's practically certain that Cahill will be Murrey's coach, it just hasn't been made official yet. I didn't believe it cause I know how much nonsense they say, but that must be what he was referring to.
Well, Ana should have been able to predict it. And it's just another way how she put pressure on herself. She knew she will have Cahill by her side through RG, and must have felt hurried to take advantage of that. Sigh...I don't really know what more to say.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Just watched Novak's post match interview. That boy has matured so much in the last year, I must admit that I believed he never would. I believed in him as much as Ana, I mean thinking about their potential. I always thought he had more potential than his results would imply, but lost hope he would materialize it, because he seemed to have lost track between his family sport business/tournament, his jokes, confusion about what he wants out of life. Somehow, I thought he was contaged by the "Serbian bug" which is hard for me to explain, but it's the mentality that extreme success is something bad, it's not normal, natural, people who are successful are usually viewed as robots, machines, who have no life. That sort of thing. And he sort of achieved just enough to have what most Serbs would be happy with. But something happened, and he is so focused that I am just - I don't know how to put it, just amazed. And the thing is - he is super realistic, and this is the key. Being objective - not positive, not negative, just real assessment of his situation.. He said Andy was better the last set and a half, but somehow he won. That he has a night to recover, but tomorrow anything can happen, he has his chances.
Just really really mature interview.
It's such a pleasure to watch him :inlove:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Serbian commentator yesterday mentioned how it's practically certain that Cahill will be Murrey's coach, it just hasn't been made official yet. I didn't believe it cause I know how much nonsense they say, but that must be what he was referring to.
Well, Ana should have been able to predict it. And it's just another way how she put pressure on herself. She knew she will have Cahill by her side through RG, and must have felt hurried to take advantage of that. Sigh...I don't really know what more to say.

It's just SO dumb, I have no words.. Ana really is outdoing herself with bad decisions.

Cahill won't leave APDP, but will make Murray his priority.. like Sven's priority is Caro. The other players will have to be content with leftovers. And that is just not enough.

It takes her 1 adversity to let go of any good attitude and it takes years of disappointment for her to get out of that bad comfort zone and try to create some good attitude again.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Just watched Novak's post match interview. That boy has matured so much in the last year, I must admit that I believed he never would. I believed in him as much as Ana, I mean thinking about their potential. I always thought he had more potential than his results would imply, but lost hope he would materialize it, because he seemed to have lost track between his family sport business/tournament, his jokes, confusion about what he wants out of life. Somehow, I thought he was contaged by the "Serbian bug" which is hard for me to explain, but it's the mentality that extreme success is something bad, it's not normal, natural, people who are successful are usually viewed as robots, machines, who have no life. That sort of thing. And he sort of achieved just enough to have what most Serbs would be happy with. But something happened, and he is so focused that I am just - I don't know how to put it, just amazed. And the thing is - he is super realistic, and this is the key. Being objective - not positive, not negative, just real assessment of his situation.. He said Andy was better the last set and a half, but somehow he won. That he has a night to recover, but tomorrow anything can happen, he has his chances.

It's really great to see. And you described it well. He is being realistic.. having clarity of mind... he sees things as they are. That is very important.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
She complained 'cause Heinz couldn't be her full time coach and now she's OK with the leftovers. Who knows why she really fired him. I don't understand why she fired Craig Kardon in 2009. She was playing OK in Dubai against SW and had a good run in IW.

I understand firing Kardon.. he saw her game as something it isn't. What is dumb is going back to APDP. It doesn't work. I guess she has this fairytale idea that APDP brought her the number 1 and the slam. But truth is, Sven was there and then a full time coach for her. He was with her all the time, and the programme had only ocasionally Makiri and Verdasco as other players. They were full time with Ana. After her success is that the programme got big and many players joined. At that point Sven made Caro his priority, saying it was a development programme, and Ana was a developed player. Having to take only leftovers just doesn't work.. never works. She tried the programme 3 times after that, and 3 times it failed.. mightly. She should've learned that by now.. but then again, what has she learned really? I can't think of anything.. Ana is a big machine of repeating mistakes.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 10:58 PM

He's always been a nice and humble guy. Some people say he's arrogant and, yes, we see him celebrating loud, but, hey, boys will be boys and that's a sport, it's good to see some passion. And I don't think that he's just being nice in interviews, I think he's honest and realistic.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I understand firing Kardon.. he saw her game as something it isn't. What is dumb is going back to APDP. It doesn't work. I guess she has this fairytale idea that APDP brought her the number 1 and the slam. But truth is, Sven was there and then a full time coach for her. He was with her all the time, and the programme had only ocasionally Makiri and Verdasco as other players. They were full time with Ana. After her success is that the programme got big and many players joined. At that point Sven made Caro his priority, saying it was a development programme, and Ana was a developed player. Having to take only leftovers just doesn't work.. never works. She tried the programme 3 times after that, and 3 times it failed.. mightly. She should've learned that by now.. but then again, what has she learned really? I can't think of anything.. Ana is a big machine of repeating mistakes.

Every time she fires a coach she starts slumping more than ever. It's so hard to understand what's going on. When she was an 18 years old she wasn't losing in first rounds of slams. I think that the first time was US open 2009. It's sometimes hard to believe that she was a semifinalist of Wimbledon, FO winner, FO and AO runner-up. She reached the QF of RG when she was 17 and now she can't reach the 3rd round of slam. :sad: And her tennis has improved a lot since then, she moves better, hits some solid volleys. The French Open 2008 was a joy to watch. She could do anything she wanted, there was a variety. Now when you watch her, you have a feeling that her tennis is still on top 5 level, but only in first set. And that serve... I don't know. The toss is still awful, but in first set against Yanina she didn't seem to care. She was able to play good on break points, she hit some dfs but didn't let it disturb her. And her serve was OK in second set, she was broken only once until the 3rd set. And then... :facepalm:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Every time she fires a coach she starts slumping more than ever. It's so hard to understand what's going on. When she was an 18 years old she wasn't losing in first rounds of slams. I think that the first time was US open 2009. It's sometimes hard to believe that she was a semifinalist of Wimbledon, FO winner, FO and AO runner-up. She reached the QF of RG when she was 17 and now she can't reach the 3rd round of slam. :sad: And her tennis has improved a lot since then, she moves better, hits some solid volleys. The French Open 2008 was a joy to watch. She could do anything she wanted, there was a variety. Now when you watch her, you have a feeling that her tennis is still on top 5 level, but only in first set. And that serve... I don't know. The toss is still awful, but in first set against Yanina she didn't seem to care. She was able to play good on break points, she hit some dfs but didn't let it disturb her. And her serve was OK in second set, she was broken only once until the 3rd set. And then... :facepalm:

Ana's mental game is at an all time low. But it's also as the british eurosport commentator said.. Ana doesn't know what she has to do on court or even what to expect from herself. She walks out there lost. There is always a sense of insecurity.

She needs stability and she needs guidance and she needs atention. But she is not doing anything to get any of that. She isn't even giving herself a chance. Bad attitude all around.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I still don't understand how she managed to play so good against JJ during the whole match.

Cajka
May 14th, 2011, 11:39 PM
It was better when at least Lojanica was in her team. They seemed to have a good relationship.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I still don't understand how she managed to play so good against JJ during the whole match.

Because she really wanted to win the match. She was focused in winning, which she isn't usually. She usually focuses on playing well, according to herself, because she says if she plays well things will come. I have big problems with this thought process.. things don't just come, you have to go get them.

It was better when at least Lojanica was in her team. They seemed to have a good relationship.

I liked that she seemed like a cheerleader.. always cheering on.. being very supportive. Unlike what she has now.. really.. Olivier would put anyone to sleep with his coaching time outs.. there was NO motivation there.

JAS_
May 14th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I somehow think that APDP is behind Lojanica's firing. I think Gloria said something to the extent that whenever Ana has a chance to make some good relationshiop with a coach, they step in. I am really starting to think there is something to it.

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I somehow think that APDP is behind Lojanica's firing. I think Gloria said something to the extent that whenever Ana has a chance to make some good relationshiop with a coach, they step in. I am really starting to think there is something to it.

It's looking more and more like it. Marija got fired as soon as Ana spent time in Las Vegas.

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM
That's quite a decision. May I ask what was the last straw? I would think Ana is much more disappointing and for a longer time. Verdasco just got out of the top 10.. Ana did so 2 years ago.

Oh where do I start?

He's basically been slumping since Wimbledon last year, and he refuses to get ANY help. He changes nothing to try and turn his career around. He has no full-time coach, no sports psychologist, and he needs both SO badly.

Recently he was at 4-4 in the third VS Pablo Andujar, he made 3 DFs in that game and that's why he lost. He led 6-2 5-4 (40-0) VS Soderling in his last tournament, and made 3 DFs in that game, ended up losing the match (that was the last straw). I decided I'd had enough of the fact that he doesn't get the help that he needs. And that's just the latest. Remember San Jose final, up 6-2 in the first set TB VS Raonic and still managed to lose? :tape: If he doesn't realize after this extensive list of chokes that he needs serious help he's a moron. All he does is show up to the next tournament having changed nothing hoping that everything will magically fall into place when there's so much more he needs to do if he really cares about his career.

To be honest as I'm typing this I realize Ana's not that different at all. :tape: But one thing about Ana at least is that even though she makes bad decisions with coaching etc. all the time, she's at least trying to make decisions. Even if they're the wrong ones.

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Oh where do I start?

He's basically been slumping since Wimbledon last year, and he refuses to get ANY help. He changes nothing to try and turn his career around. He has no full-time coach, no sports psychologist, and he needs both SO badly.

Recently he was at 4-4 in the third VS Pablo Andujar, he made 3 DFs in that game and that's why he lost. He led 6-2 5-4 (40-0) VS Soderling in his last tournament, and made 3 DFs in that game, ended up losing the match (that was the last straw). I decided I'd had enough of the fact that he doesn't get the help that he needs. And that's just the latest. Remember San Jose final, up 6-2 in the first set TB VS Raonic and still managed to lose? :tape: If he doesn't realize after this extensive list of chokes that he needs serious help he's a moron. All he does is show up to the next tournament having changed nothing hoping that everything will magically fall into place when there's so much more he needs to do if he really cares about his career.

To be honest as I'm typing this I realize Ana's not that different at all. :tape: But one thing about Ana at least is that even though she makes bad decisions with coaching etc. all the time, she's at least trying to make decisions. Even if they're the wrong ones.

:lol:

I was reading and thinking.. that totally fits Ana as well. Ana is worse for me, because she gave up on everyone around her to go back to that same territory Fernando is in. No coach, no team, no nothing.. nobody on her back telling her to work hard, as she said. So she actually got herself into a bad attitude patch, even after fighting so hard to do better at the end of the year.. making a mistake once is ok, but persisting on it is dumb.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I liked that she seemed like a cheerleader.. always cheering on.. being very supportive. Unlike what she has now.. really.. Olivier would put anyone to sleep with his coaching time outs.. there was NO motivation there.

Exactly. She needs someone like her. Ana plays the best when she's on fire and Marija was a great supporter, always very loud. Olivier looks like he doesn't care, he's not someone who could motivate her.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 12:44 AM

I wrote something like this too. There was nothing wrong and suddenly she came with the story that she lost weight and that she feels weak. I think it wasn't her conclusion, somebody told her she should fire her.

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM

I was reading and thinking.. that totally fits Ana as well. Ana is worse for me, because she gave up on everyone around her to go back to that same territory Fernando is in. No coach, no team, no nothing.. nobody on her back telling her to work hard, as she said. So she actually got herself into a bad attitude patch, even after fighting so hard to do better at the end of the year.. making a mistake once is ok, but persisting on it is dumb.

"You cannot possibly KNOW what Fer is or isnt doing about it..sometimes things don't go as you plan, no matter how hard you work for them... It's not as simple as you say it is...."

That was a rep I got from a Nando fan (also the admin of MTF) after I'd made the announcement, and I was just like "no :o". It's tennis, not a cure for cancer :lol:. If he wants to get the help he'd need to win some matches (any matches) and choke less, and put in the work, he would win more matches. :shrug:

Do you agree?

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM
"You cannot possibly KNOW what Fer is or isnt doing about it..sometimes things don't go as you plan, no matter how hard you work for them... It's not as simple as you say it is...."

That was a rep I got from a Nando fan (also the admin of MTF) after I'd made the announcement, and I was just like "no :o". It's tennis, not a cure for cancer :lol:. If he wants to get the help he'd need to win some matches (any matches) and choke less, and put in the work, he would win more matches. :shrug:

Do you agree?

I hope that rep means reply and not a red dot. :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2011, 01:02 AM
^ Nah it was a green dot. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 01:04 AM

Do you agree?

I think we can see the attitude.. and how they are organizing things.. it's there to be seen. I believe if you don't put things in the right place off court and you don't do everything in your hands to be better, than you are not giving yourself the chance to succeed.

There are people who just don't accept that their favorites can do anything wrong.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 01:13 AM
^ Nah it was a green dot. :lol:

Then it was very nice. :awww:

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2011, 01:20 AM
^ LOL yeah, she's not a bad person. It just annoys me that Nando's her golden boy and she's incapable of criticizing anything he does. :o :lol:

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
We have some similar discussion here. I don't think you'll stop supporting Nando. It's really difficult to stop supporting a player. It's only possible if you stop watching tennis. If you watch tennis, you can't just stop believing and act like you don't care.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
And I agree with that person. Sometimes, you work really hard, but things go wrong anyway. We are anafans and we think she deserves to be top 10, I believe it's Ana's plan too. But there are so many players with the same goal and all of them can play really good. And Ana's statements are rubbish, she doesn't believe in those things she says. I don't think she's deluded, she's actually disappointed and very negative. Somebody thinks that Bel is negative. I think that Ana is even more negative, she's someone who always overanalyses things, so I think she's disgusted with her tennis atm.

azdaja
May 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
novak vs nadal again, the new rivalry is on :armed:

i'll be rooting for nole, it would be cool to have some records broken. he is probably tired from the murray match, though.

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
There is a reason Masha is 7x0 vs Stosur. Sam's top spin forehand and kick serve, her strengths, go exactly into Sharapova's hitting zone, for her to crush it. Stosur also hates to be pressed with flat shots.

Sam has won 3 points in 4 games so far..

Davodus
May 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
If Sam was smart she would cut down on the kick serves and go for more slice, playing more angles..but she isn't :p

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
If Sam was smart she would cut down on the kick serves and go for more slice, playing more angles..but she isn't :p

She improved slightly now.. but yeah.. she needs to open up the court more. And cut down the UEs.

First Set Sharapova 6-2.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I was wrong. :cheer: Masha is destroying Sam. :hearts:

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Sam's arms are smaller. :confused: Maybe there will be 3 sets, Sam is playing better now. It could be good for Novak. But I don't think he can beat Rafa.

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Sharapova hits so deep all the time.

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
And she won it. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: It was really great to see her so happy, with that big smile, especially after all she's been through. I hope she's back finally. WTA needs a player like her.

azdaja
May 15th, 2011, 06:14 PM
i don't care about sharpie, but nole has just won the 1st set against rafa. this is a battle of true warriors.

azdaja
May 15th, 2011, 07:31 PM
nole wins again :)

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Novak is freaking awesome. There are no words to describe it.

azdaja
May 15th, 2011, 07:52 PM
nothing more to add. if a friend like this doesn't help ana then i don't know :o

Cajka
May 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Nole, I love you.

jelenacg
May 15th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Nole :worship::worship: We are witnessing history bc this is not possible to repeat imo
So i`m just trying to enjoy it :lol:
Rafa :sobbing: He still has so many great things to achieve and i`m sure he will :hug:
Very happy for Masha ,with the current wta state maybe RG is not that far away

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Nole :worship::worship: We are witnessing history bc this is not possible to repeat imo
So i`m just trying to enjoy it :lol:
Rafa :sobbing: He still has so many great things to achieve and i`m sure he will :hug:
Very happy for Masha ,with the current wta state maybe RG is not that far away

It's definitely history what Nole is making. Amazing all around. He is playing a level of tennis above anyone else.

I think if Sharapova can play 7 matches just like she played this week and have a good draw, she definitely has a big shot.

jelenacg
May 15th, 2011, 09:09 PM
It's definitely history what Nole is making. Amazing all around. He is playing a level of tennis above anyone else.

It`s totally unbelievable.I really can`t say anything smart regarding this streak and level of tennis he is playing :shrug:

I think if Sharapova can play 7 matches just like she played this week and have a good draw, she definitely has a big shot.

Yes definitely

gloria7
May 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats to Nole - Invictus!

INVICTUS

" It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I amd the master og my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

The 2nd Law
May 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM
He has already made history yes, but I am so nervous for him to win RG now. He deserves it well and truly.

gaviotabr
May 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Kuznetsova played pretty well. Doesn't even look like the same player who lost in the first round of Rome. Just proves how important it is to have a good coach that fits you.

HowardH
May 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Poor Christina. This is what happens when you give off signs of being vulnerable to pressure. Your opponents never stop believing. Christina's tenseness in the first set tb helped Sara to keep fighting when she was down 0-5 in the third. Unfortunately for both Ana and Christina, once it's happened people take note of it, and when they take the court with you they think they can come back from any lead. You need to have a good few months or so before you shake off that reputation. I thought Ana was shaking off that reputation near the end of last year, but unfortunately not.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=12110&zoneid=25

Tearful McHale 'panics,' lets go of 5-0 lead in 3rd

May 23, 2011

U.S. teenager Christina McHale lets go of a 5-0 lead in the third set against Italy's Sara Errani and falls 6-7(4), 6-2, 9-7 in the first round of Roland Garros. McHale said that had never happened to her before, even in the juniors. "I started rushing when she won a couple of games and I felt like it was slipping away and I couldn't stop it," a tearful McHale said. "I just panicked and didn't take my time. I was feeling something in my leg and I wanted to close it out quickly and I stopped thinking and I was just trying to end it. I'm not stunned because I know anything can happen in tennis. but I'm upset and disappointed in myself."

The veteran Errani said that the reason she didn't give in down 5-0 was because she recalled that McHale appeared tense in the first set tiebreaker. "Her way of thinking worked McHale said. "She didn't give me anything. It feels awful now, but hopefully in a couple of days I'll be able to take something from this so it won't happen again."
------------------------------

As someone who follows Ana's results this sounds so damn familiar...

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Poor Christina. This is what happens when you give off signs of being vulnerable to pressure. Your opponents never stop believing. Christina's tenseness in the first set tb helped Sara to keep fighting when she was down 0-5 in the third. Unfortunately for both Ana and Christina, once it's happened people take note of it, and when they take the court with you they think they can come back from any lead. You need to have a good few months or so before you shake off that reputation. I thought Ana was shaking off that reputation near the end of last year, but unfortunately not.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=12110&zoneid=25

Tearful McHale 'panics,' lets go of 5-0 lead in 3rd

May 23, 2011

U.S. teenager Christina McHale lets go of a 5-0 lead in the third set against Italy's Sara Errani and falls 6-7(4), 6-2, 9-7 in the first round of Roland Garros. McHale said that had never happened to her before, even in the juniors. "I started rushing when she won a couple of games and I felt like it was slipping away and I couldn't stop it," a tearful McHale said. "I just panicked and didn't take my time. I was feeling something in my leg and I wanted to close it out quickly and I stopped thinking and I was just trying to end it. I'm not stunned because I know anything can happen in tennis. but I'm upset and disappointed in myself."

The veteran Errani said that the reason she didn't give in down 5-0 was because she recalled that McHale appeared tense in the first set tiebreaker. "Her way of thinking worked McHale said. "She didn't give me anything. It feels awful now, but hopefully in a couple of days I'll be able to take something from this so it won't happen again."
------------------------------

As someone who follows Ana's results this sounds so damn familiar...

True.. it does sound familiar.. the panicking.. the tenseness.. at least McHale recognizes what happened and seems to be determined to no let it happen again, by what she says in the end. I don't think Ana recognizes things or has the mindset to not let it happen again. It's more like.. "Oh it's happenning again.. oh noes.. " (cue to even more panicking). And for her it's not about her panicking and going bonkers mentally.. it's about her opponent suddenly playing oh so much better. It only makes things even more difficult to fix, if they are ever to be fixed.

Ivanovic2008
May 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Anna Tatvillie is crushing Bartoli 6-1 1-0! I hate Bartoli! I really hope this doesn't just blow over like a lot of these kinds of matches do.

doni1212
May 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Looks like it will, :o

JAS_
May 23rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
For once Petrova had a normal outfit and she is out already. :lol:

Ivanovic2008
May 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Bartoli won :sad:
Damn it.

gaviotabr
May 23rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Brazilian ESPN commentator calls Wozniacki, CrossCourty Caro. :lol: He says 90% of her shots are CC. :lol:

Cajka
May 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
For once Petrova had a normal outfit and she is out already. :lol:

I didn't see it. :hysteric: I was watching male tennis all the time. And I don't know why. :lol: Now I'm watching Caro. She's really injured. :confused:

doni1212
May 23rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
No, she's not injured. They say it's for precaution.
And I'm sick of opponents just giving her matches!! Errors after errors.

Cajka
May 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
No, she's not injured. They say it's for precaution.
And I'm sick of opponents just giving her matches!! Errors after errors.

That's something like her playing style. :spit: She can risk more and hit winners too, but she avoids it, she knows that she could be overpowered. :rolleyes: So, if the opponents make 50 UEs, it's just something she wanted them to do. Torturing opponents by pushing and moonballing, that's what she does. But, OK, I'll be fair and say that she has a solid serve, good backhand and amazing stamina.

JAS_
May 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM
To record another choke, for balance: Sabine had 5-2 lead in the third set today against Vera and a matchpoint. Lost the lead and the match. She got injured later, but not before she lost the lead completely.

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Chokes happen.. though the less you choke, the stronger mentally you are, the more you will acomplish in a sport that is 80% mental.

The problem comes when a choke becomes a pattern. When after a choke, you choke again.. and then again. Bad patterns are problems that need to be addressed. It can't be shruged off as one random choke can.

I saw Sabine's match though.. and when she held for 5-2 she started cramping and complaining she couldn't see the ball.

gaviotabr
May 25th, 2011, 09:13 PM
By the way.. has anyone seen Sveta play? I saw a bit today against Begu, and I had seen her play the same opponent in Marbella. What a transformation! It did her wonders to go back to Larissa Savchenko. It seems Myskina will be helping her out as well, when Larissa won't be able to travel. What a huge impact it has.

Cajka
May 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
To record another choke, for balance: Sabine had 5-2 lead in the third set today against Vera and a matchpoint. Lost the lead and the match. She got injured later, but not before she lost the lead completely.

Well, she choked in the second set and then in 3th set. So, it was double choke. :help: This was an epic choke.

Adrian1092
May 25th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Goerges had a great fightback today from 6-2 4-2 down against Safarova... it reminds me of Ana in past years being able to fight back from those kinda deficits. :sobbing: Confidence is such a huge thing in tennis, yet so hard to find seemingly :sad: Hope Julia can go far here :)

Cajka
May 25th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Ana needs a match like that one. It would be a huge confidence boost.

Adrian1092
May 25th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah exactly - the match against Vika last summer where Ana made a great comeback was the match that got her on track for the rest of 2010.... don't see that happening for a while though :sad:

JAS_
May 25th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Goerges had a great fightback today from 6-2 4-2 down against Safarova... it reminds me of Ana in past years being able to fight back from those kinda deficits. :sobbing: Confidence is such a huge thing in tennis, yet so hard to find seemingly :sad: Hope Julia can go far here :)

Yes, great match for Goerges, not great for Safarova. It happens. It's not the end of the world. If it was a rare thing, people wouldn't be mocking WTA. And it happens in men's tennis as well. How many matches have Federer and Rafa won because players choked against them? Djokovic only choked at least a few, including the Madrid 09 epic.
It all depends how one looks at it - and we always compare Ana with the one who is doing well atm, and when they drop off the screen we forget about them and compare her with whoever is doing well next.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 12:20 AM

I saw that.. I also think it would be awesome for Ana if she could win a match coming from way behind. I believe it could help her overcome a few hurdles and maybe spark something like beating Azarenka in Cincy did.

The thing is.. Ana isn't even giving her opponent the chance to choke.. she does all the work. She gets desperate and tries to hit return winners at every serve.. most going out. To get back into a match like that you have to keep control over emotions. If Ana can work on that, develop that ability, I'm sure she can crawl back into matches instead of hitting herself out of them.

The bit about confidence.. it's like Ana once said.. when you have confidence you think it will never go away.. and when you lose it you think you can never get it back. You might think, but it's not one or the other.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I wonder though if this thread will now have a list of chokes from other players.. Sure.. it happens to lots of people. But we can also use this list to count how many times it happens to the same player... and more.. how many times it happens to the same player in a row. I'm sure that list would be very short.. maybe one player there.. or 2... And definitely none successful.. because wins and success are not compatible to chokes. Someone who chokes often can be, at best, a very avarage player. Ana can definitely be that.. rover around top 40 until she retires. But that would still be wasting her talent, because I guess we all believe she can do much more. At least I believe her talent if top 5 worthy at least.

So I take 2 players mentioned here.. anyone knows what were their last few chokes? Sabine and Lucie.. I'm sure David must know about Lucie, because she is one of his faves. Neither is a great player, results wise, though... so I'm not comparing to the flavor of the month.

18majors
May 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM

I like Julia Goerges a lot and expect her to rise to top 10 or top 5.

WTA and tennis need Julia, Ana and Maria to do well.

JAS_
May 26th, 2011, 09:53 AM
All right, I think I will seriously leave this forum now. I tried pleading, I tried arguing, and I tried ignoring (at the request of the person in question).
It's not working. Normal conversation is not possible.
One person is intent (and has the time and energy) to work their program of processing every tidbit of information about Ana in the way they deem is correct, and it's such a systematically wrong approach that it's painful. Also it's not the matter of correctness, rather of functionality.
For example: the loss Ana had against Kim, that kind of loss, considering the context of their previous matches, can be looked in two different ways:
1. a great improvement, considering as she had 5 matchpoints in it, and held it together till the very end.
2. a disaster that erases all the progress made up to that point, and as such it will inevitably leave mental scars.
Neither one is right or wrong, they are both equally possible; however, one is better and functional, the other leads to failure.

The first way is how champions - Rafa, Novak, Fed, Serena would process this loss, and is characteristic of the way champions work out their reality, they focus on the positives. It's funny how many articles I have read only in the last couple of days quoting different players talking about the importance of being positive.

The second way is characteristic of depressive people, in fact, the thing that bothers me about this site, is that the dominant way the information about Ana is being processed is always such - each and every time one of the cognitive distortions is at place (and funnily enough, by people who consider themselves competent to talk about Ana's psychological problems and solutions). The list of cognitive distortions characteristic for depressive people can be found here for instance:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion

Some of the most often employed here:
filtering, overgeneralization, chatastrophizing, disqualifying the positive, jumping to conclusions, labeling being the most frequent ones.

For example, when Ana lost to Kim, she was labeled a choker HERE (*labeling*), not in JJ forum, not in GM. In the matter of days, GM accepted it and ran with it. Yes, Ana did go on to lose, but she also won against Dani, this was disqualified, as this win wasn't in an official WTA tournament (*disqualifying the positive*). People will say that Ana repeated choking - maybe. We can argue what exactly is choking, however she was labeled a choker BEFORE she repeated it. One can go and check how much it was talked about mental scarring after the Kim match and before the first next one. Eventually people went to GM and joked how Ana will drop leads against Petrova and this and that, before it actually happened, so negative expectation has been created.
Besides, even if Ana did choke again (arguable what a choke is exactly), this is a disastrously harmful way to process this event, and it really shouldn't come from fans.

The problem is this is such an overwhelmingly dominant pattern here, that I have no time and energy to go after every post that does it, and correct it (since there are sometimes 2 or 3 distortions in a post). Especially since those posts often use statistics to prove their point, but of course, everyone who knows anything about stastistics is that it is very malleable and can be used to prove almost every point (again depending on what you want to focus on). The funny/sad thing is that we have now a combination of stat&filtering which is more dangerous than the sum of its parts in creating the negative perception of reality (distorted image).
Once again I want to highlight, it's not about correctness, but functionality - is this a good way to process the events in order to achieve some goal, or is this way countereffective? Dilletant view that focusing on a problem=solving it, also reveals lack of knowledge about psychology.
Depressives are a primary example of that - when they were subjected to psychoanalysis it was observed that their condition would get worse and a number of them was driven to suicide. The problem is negative thought patterns, and when they overanalyze their reality they would give force to their negative thoughts. Something similar is happening here; so much focus is being put on the negative aspects of each situation (worst case scenarios are always the first one to pop up here), that I really fear Ana might be driven to some kind of tennis suicide.
FOCUSING is not always the solution. It sometimes worsens the problems. And this is a exactly one such instance.
And that's why I think it is extremely dangerous and damaging for Ana.

Of course, it will be said that what we write is inconsequential, and it will be mocked and exaggerated. I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this and can't stress this enough.
There is a blogger/journalist debate going on now, those who care can read. One such article (http://allineedisapicketfence.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/the-silence-of-the-slams/)says that "The most interesting and passionate debates, observations and opinions on tennis are not in fact found in the Tennis Magazines or newspaper columns, but in online forums, on Twitter and in the comments section of tennis blogs."

It has happened many many times that journalists pick up some info from blogs and publish it as news (never mind picking some opinions). I will never believe that someone chose to write on a public forum (even their own blog/twitter) without the intent to be read and heard. And when they practically campaign around the net for Ana to change the coaching team, the training strategy - talking to journalists and coaches alike, it is even more ridiculous to claim they have NEVER thought they could influence reality.

In the end of the day, I myself don't want to be sucked in the kind of communication that is going on here; it is too exhausting.
And for what it was worth, thanks to Izzy I was unbanned and got to write here, so it is probably only fair to leave this place on my own accord. I can't fight against the freedom of speech, that is for sure not my battle; but at the same time the conversations here look nothing like free speech to me, more like one person's living room and everyone is just too kind to oppose the hostess. I am sorry but I cannot give credence to an opinion just because it comes from a hostess who unbanned me.

Thanks to everyone and see you around on the net. :wavey:

Davodus
May 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I wonder though if this thread will now have a list of chokes from other players.. Sure.. it happens to lots of people. But we can also use this list to count how many times it happens to the same player... and more.. how many times it happens to the same player in a row. I'm sure that list would be very short.. maybe one player there.. or 2... And definitely none successful.. because wins and success are not compatible to chokes. Someone who chokes often can be, at best, a very avarage player. Ana can definitely be that.. rover around top 40 until she retires. But that would still be wasting her talent, because I guess we all believe she can do much more. At least I believe her talent if top 5 worthy at least.

So I take 2 players mentioned here.. anyone knows what were their last few chokes? Sabine and Lucie.. I'm sure David must know about Lucie, because she is one of his faves. Neither is a great player, results wise, though... so I'm not comparing to the flavor of the month.

If you would like a list of Lucie's chokes, you would probably need a full day to read a list longer than you can imagine :sobbing: Unfortunately the match against Görges is exactly like a lot of matches she plays, including her 2-6 7-5 6-2 (identical scoreline) loss in last years USO R1.

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I just can't... :help:

Lord Choc Ice
May 26th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Kim's playing like crap.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:32 AM
OMG Kim is choking so bad! :help:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
In the end of the day, I myself don't want to be sucked in the kind of communication that is going on here; it is too exhausting.
And for what it was worth, thanks to Izzy I was unbanned and got to write here, so it is probably only fair to leave this place on my own accord. I can't fight against the freedom of speech, that is for sure not my battle; but at the same time the conversations here look nothing like free speech to me, more like one person's living room and everyone is just too kind to oppose the hostess. I am sorry but I cannot give credence to an opinion just because it comes from a hostess who unbanned me.

Thanks to everyone and see you around on the net. :wavey:

I wasn't going to reply.. but.. Your thought process is really funny..

You know.. if Ana had come out on clay season and won or lost her matches in normal fashion, there would be no talk about chokes. You forget how much all that is written here depends on Ana and what she does. And don't tell me she lost all those matches just because I mentioned the Kim match might have left mental scars. I also said it might not, and I was curious to see how Ana would respond. It's all up to Ana. You are giving more importance to a forum to what Ana does herself. :crazy:

I just want to say one more thing though. I wouldn't have written half the posts I did the last couple of days if you had not attacked me on a personal level and blamed me for every single problem. If you think I'm oh so wrong and such a bad influence to the world.. then prove me wrong. No problem.. but I find personal attacks the worst posible behaviour in any kind of debates. And it shows lack of arguments.

So if you want to go.. then do what's best for you. I'm actually sad.. you were a good adition to the forum. And you could've even persuaded me to be less negative in posts.. but you decided to go into the personal attacks route...

Anyway.. the best of luck in your life!

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Oh great.. now my commentator, due to Kim choking, is talking about Ana choking the match against Kim. He says he was there watching and that he loves Ana, but it was painful to see.

I'm sure he is only saying that because he read it here though.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
If you would like a list of Lucie's chokes, you would probably need a full day to read a list longer than you can imagine :sobbing: Unfortunately the match against Görges is exactly like a lot of matches she plays, including her 2-6 7-5 6-2 (identical scoreline) loss in last years USO R1.

Was USO R1 the last choke?

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:56 AM
OMG Kim! :help:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Interesting article about woman's RG, by Martina Hingis: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/8524422/French-Open-2011-Williams-sisters-have-made-Paris-an-open-goal-for-Maria-Sharapova-says-Martina-Hingis.html

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Oh great.. now my commentator, due to Kim choking, is talking about Ana choking the match against Kim. He says he was there watching and that he loves Ana, but it was painful to see.

I'm sure he is only saying that because he read it here though.. :sobbing:

Why are you doing this now? He says he's leaving. Is this necessary? :confused:

Davodus
May 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Was USO R1 the last choke?

No :lol: This year she lead 6-2 5-3 against Dokic, not broken all match, then loses after 2 MPs 2-6 7-6 6-4.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Major choke from Kim.. major.

Nerves of steel from Rus.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Why are you doing this now? He says he's leaving. Is this necessary? :confused:

Sorry?

:scratch:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
No :lol: This year she lead 6-2 5-3 against Dokic, not broken all match, then loses after 2 MPs 2-6 7-6 6-4.

That was when? Malasya?

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Lucie and Berdych are such wasted talents and incredible chokers. Not to mention Kirilenko and Andreev. :tape:

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Sorry?

:scratch:

The bolded part of your post was directed to JAS. Why are you doing that? You replied him and wished him all the luck in the life, but you don't want to end this discussion. Why?

Davodus
May 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM
That was when? Malasya?

Yeah KL final...so it was championship points too :sad: also she lead with a break twice in the third set. I don't think there have been any chokes since then, until this RG.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
The bolded part of your post was directed to JAS. Why are you doing that? You replied him and wished him all the luck in the life, but you don't want to end this discussion. Why?

No.. you got it wrong. I wasn't directing anything at JAS. It was just a comment in the context of everything we talked about in the last few days. Why do people want to see more meaning in what hasn't?

Anyway.. I want to set things clear.. I genuinely like JAS, and would hope he didn't leave. I have just been utter annoyed the last few days to be blamed for each and every world problem and to be called a hater... all personally. Add that to Ana losing, which pains me.. and you have a very cranky Isabela.

I'm sorry if I have been especially unbearable these days! I'll try to be in my best behaviour from now on.

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Masha has to win this :bounce:
This is really a big , enormous chance for her now

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah KL final...so it was championship points too :sad: also she lead with a break twice in the third set. I don't think there have been any chokes since then, until this RG.

Oh.. a championship choke. That must hurt! :sad:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Masha has to win this :bounce:
This is really a big , enormous chance for her now

It really is such a HUGE chance for Masha. Will she take advantage?

Davodus
May 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Oh.. a championship choke. That must hurt! :sad:

Yeah definitely...she's lost something like 4 finals after winning the first set :o And you know me, I express that through rage, so it wasn't pretty :lol:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 11:43 AM
It really is such a HUGE chance for Masha. Will she take advantage?

Too soon to tell ,it won`t be easy but great chance for her
And i`ll definitely cheer for her to win it

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 11:55 AM
My first fav is JJ now. She has a good draw, but she's been unpredictable lately. Two easy wins this week, but the first real test comes tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll see if she's a contender or not.
My second fav is Masha. She knows how to win the slam, but this is not her best surface. But, the tour is weak atm, so she might stand a chance.
My 3th fav is Fran. But I don't see her reaching QF. :sad:
4. Julia... Who knows... She plays great on clay, but this is not Stuttgart.
5. Radwanska. :confused:
6. Rus... She could reach 4th round. Even QF. :shrug:

18majors
May 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
^Maria and Julia in the final!

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Just got home.. Rafa is playing like crap! Oh my..

Davodus
May 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah he hasn't looked good today...just like the first round. This really is a huge chance for Novak to become number 1...

doni1212
May 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
This Sharapova match is very interesting...
Is she feeling the pressure already now that Kim is out? Her opponent is serving for a 4-1 lead.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
This Sharapova match is very interesting...
Is she feeling the pressure already now that Kim is out? Her opponent is serving for a 4-1 lead.

Yes.. I'm going to get it in a stream.. It's really windy today and that doesn't suit Sharapova at all.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Masha served a ball to the back fence! :tape::help:

Sharapovian
May 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Way too many errors from Maria :help: and Garcia is playing well.

Wonder how much of an affect these new balls are having on some of the players.

Sean.
May 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Mashenka stinking up the court right now.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah he hasn't looked good today...just like the first round. This really is a huge chance for Novak to become number 1...

It really is a huge chance for Novak. I hope Rafa-Nole is the final. It would be exciting.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Way too many errors from Maria :help: and Garcia is playing well.

Wonder how much of an affect these new balls are having on some of the players.

I think right now it's more about the wind.

Sharapovian
May 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I think right now it's more about the wind.

Yep and Maria can sometimes be a bit of a slow starter.

But the balls I was meaning players like Rafa, some commentators keep mentioning that he is having a hard time adjusting to these balls, doesn't feel enough security when hitting his forehand because of the balls etc. Rafa isn't playing particularly well though, nevermind the balls being used.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Oh noes.. Sharapova... :help:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Seriously.. who is going to win this RG? It just might be anyone..

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Sharapova won't turn over this. No way.

doni1212
May 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Seriously.. who is going to win this RG? It just might be anyone..

Sadly, it will be. As long as it's not the Pusher or Jank, I'm good!

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Sharapova won't turn over this. No way.

I don't think so either.. she is hitting herself off court. And Garcia is playing very well.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sadly, it will be. As long as it's not the Pusher or Jank, I'm good!

It's definitely Woz's best chance at a slam so far.

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Garcia is playing well but Masha is UE machine today :facepalm:
With this play she wouldn`t beat any descent player today :tape: This will be another Oudin :tape:
Where is that form from Rome :fiery:

Sharapovian
May 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I really thought there was no coming back :eek: but a little help from Garcia choking, Maria's fighting spirit she has forced this into a third set.

I wasn't so confident earlier on, because there seems to be a pattern to all of Maria's losses this year and it was looking as if there was going to be another one. Now hopefully she wins in 3 :unsure:

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
If Garcia manages to win this, then she's really strong mentally. Or just young and not afraid of anything. :lol:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I really thought there was no coming back :eek: but a little help from Garcia choking, Maria's fighting spirit she has forced this into a third set.

I wasn't so confident earlier on, because there seems to be a pattern to all of Maria's losses this year and it was looking as if there was going to be another one. Now hopefully she wins in 3 :unsure:

Hopefully she will
When Maria stopped with UE ,it become much more easier :bounce:
Garcia is good but Masha was just awful ,serve, ground game ...Nothing was working
Also Garcia was given a warning for coaching violation

azdaja
May 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM
i'm yet to see tennis results from today. i just wanted to say it's a pity jas decided to leave. it really isn't necessary.

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM
It's not over until it's over.

I really thought Sharapova was facing a dead end here, but she proved me wrong. I found really interesting how she adapted.. she changed the way she was playing. Sure, Garcia helped.. but that's what happens when you create a reputation for yourself by never stop fighting.

Masha really has one of the best attitudes in tennis. :worship:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
i'm yet to see tennis results from today. i just wanted to say it's a pity jas decided to leave. it really isn't necessary.

I also think it's a real pity. I wish we could just make peace. We all have one big thing in common.. a desire to see Ana happy and succeeding.

You know.. I'm probably to blame for this, and I'm truly sorry.

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Masha`s reaction after the match :haha::worship::worship:
French crowd :ras:
I knew Garcia was in trouble when they started booing Masha and cheering against her :lol:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Masha`s reaction after the match :haha::worship::worship:
French crowd :ras:
I knew Garcia was in trouble when they started booing Masha and cheering against her :lol:

Alez up your @#!# ass! :lol:

HowardH
May 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Unbelievable comeback. Poor Garcia, that girl has ability. Too bad she seems to have a second, lower level which she still reverts to (which caused her to lose recent matches to Pivovarova, Vesna, Marina, De Gubernatis). But I think that she is very talented and might achieve some things, after she recovers from this loss of course.

Maria really fights hard. Even though some days her serve and errors let her down too much, she never stops fighting

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
In the meanwhile, Rafa was down 5-1 40-0 in the third set and he ended up winning it 7-6. My commentator summed it up.. Champions are all about this.. they never stop fighting and have a mental edge. Nadal and Sharapova are mental powerhouses, that's what makes them champions.

azdaja
May 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I also think it's a real pity. I wish we could just make peace. We all have one big thing in common.. a desire to see Ana happy and succeeding.

You know.. I'm probably to blame for this, and I'm truly sorry.
i think he also overreacted, though :shrug:

gaviotabr
May 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
i think he also overreacted, though :shrug:

Well... :shrug:

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Alez up your @#!# ass! :lol:

This was even better :lol:
I need that GIF :spit:

Cajka
May 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/animated%20gifs/maria.gif

jelenacg
May 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/animated%20gifs/maria.gif

http://i52.tinypic.com/1z6b629.jpg

Masha and the french crowd :hearts:

The 2nd Law
May 27th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Maria :hearts: PLEASE win it all!

The 2nd Law
May 27th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Either her or Sam :)

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Maria :hearts: PLEASE win it all!

Either her or Sam :)

It would be a nice final!

I just saw Sharapova's presser and it's so unintentionally ilarious.. :spit: She is all like.. I'm just here because I have to.. I'm so over this. :lol:

18majors
May 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM

Maria improved her WTA leading 3-set winning percentage today.

18majors
May 27th, 2011, 07:23 AM
In the meanwhile, Rafa was down 5-1 40-0 in the third set and he ended up winning it 7-6. My commentator summed it up.. Champions are all about this.. they never stop fighting and have a mental edge. Nadal and Sharapova are mental powerhouses, that's what makes them champions.

Ana is a champion too; she could be like Nadal and Maria.

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Stosur :banghead::help::tape:

I think she just recorded the record for shanks in a match. :spit:

I really think this is Caro's dream draw for a slam win. Who could beat her from her half?

Cajka
May 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Stosur :banghead::help::tape:

I think she just recorded the record for shanks in a match. :spit:

I really think this is Caro's dream draw for a slam win. Who could beat her from her half?

JJ probably. :)

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Kuznetsova is playing so well! What a transformation in just 2 weeks.. from Rome to RG, like from water to wine.

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
JJ probably. :)

Hasn't JJ lost like.. 3 times to Caro this year alone?

Lord Choc Ice
Kuznetsova is playing so well! What a transformation in just 2 weeks.. from Rome to RG, like from water to wine.
She might just get rid of Caro. :hearts:

jelenacg
Stosur is not in a good form ,i don`t remember the last time she played good :shrug:
This is not a surprise imo
Still too early to tell about the winner of this draw...

jelenacg
May 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM

Yes she did :oh:

Sharapovian
May 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Kuznetsova seems to be playing well, haven't been watching her matches though. Goerges could take Caro out but she hasn't ever made it past the second round here, and can she really beat her 3 times in a row?

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Kuznetsova seems to be playing well, haven't been watching her matches though. Goerges could take Caro out but she hasn't ever made it past the second round here, and can she really beat her 3 times in a row?

I'm not sure honestly. One would think Piotr will have a new strategy.

Cajka
May 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM

Yes, but it doesn't mean she'll never beat her again. :shrug: And Caro must be tired, she has played like 50 matches so far.

Cajka
May 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
We'll see if Dani can do something today. :)

gaviotabr
May 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yes, but it doesn't mean she'll never beat her again. :shrug: And Caro must be tired, she has played like 50 matches so far.

It seems JJ played a good match today. Next up against Schiavone. Should be interesting.

Cajka
May 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm not very sad for Sam. I prefer Dulko anyway. :shrug: Dani could be really dangerous, but is she really strong enough to beat Caro? Caro will try to drive her insane with those moonballs. We'll see. Focus, Dani, just focus, please. :help: :help: :help:

jelenacg
May 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Caro :oh:
Did she reach QF or 4R last year when she lost
Piotr will be pissed :lol:

Davodus
May 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
QF I think, lost to Fran :p hilarious.

jelenacg
May 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
QF I think, lost to Fran :p hilarious.

I remember she lost to Fran ,i just didn`t remember when exactly