Well done to Bojana and Aleksandra,great effort from both :worship:
Now we just have to see when Ana plans to play Fed Cup :lol:

azdaja
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Serbia won :eek:
Well done to Bojana and Aleksandra,great effort from both :worship:
Now we just have to see when Ana plans to play Fed Cup :lol:
it's not a huge surprise against canada :shrug:

it's much better now for serbia. i remember when ana and jj were #1 and #2 there was no other player in the top 200 (or was it 250?) :o too bad there is not real team spirit, though.

and judging by ana's schedule she might play the next tie.

jelenacg
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
it's not a huge surprise against canada :shrug:

Well i`m surprised,i was sure they would lose doubles match

it's much better now for serbia. i remember when ana and jj were #1 and #2 there was no other player in the top 200 (or was it 250?) :o too bad there is not real team spirit, though.

and judging by ana's schedule she might play the next tie.

Yeah things are better now ,but no team spirit
It would be great if Ana plays next FC tie and JJ decides to skip that one too :lol:

-NAJ-
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
It would be great if Ana plays next FC tie and JJ decides to skip that one too :lol:

:lol::lol:

jelenacg
Feb 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
:lol::lol:

What i can hope :lol:
I don`t need all the drama ,so for me the best is to keep them apart

Btw against who can Serbia play in April
Found it

Australia, France, Slovak Rep, USA, Germany, Serbia, Spain & Ukraine will contest the WG play-offs - the draw will take place on Weds

azdaja
Feb 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Well i`m surprised,i was sure they would lose doubles match
krunic is a much better player than her ranking suggests, especially in doubles. i remember she was doing fine in doubles in her early appearances on itf tournaments, and while that doesn't mean much because the best players always concentrate on singles a good singles player like bojana teaming up with a solid doubles player krunic was more than what canada could offer. it was a good move to team them up rather than try to get krunic win her second singles match. and from what i'm reading she was the best doubles player on court yesterday.

Yeah things are better now ,but no team spirit
it's quite possible that having both ana and jelena is bad for the serbian team. but they will need them both if they want to go to the world group 1.

ezone
Feb 9th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Ana and Jelena obviously don't get along. However, I never heard or read statements from Ana saying negative things about Jelena. Unfortunately, Jelena's mom does the dirty work for her daughter. But Connors and McEnroe played for the U.S. Davis Cup for several matches despite how much they hated each other so anything is possible.

InsideOut.
Feb 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM
OK, so Serbia is playing Slovakia again in the playoffs. If both Ana and JJ are there and it's on clay, I definitely see them winning it. One of them will just have to beat Domi, while Dani is both off and generally shit on clay.

nestor_bgd
Feb 9th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Dani is not shit on clay, she gave Monika a hard time in one of their RG matches, and clay is like Monika's second name.
Plus, I don't see them both in the team, but one can hope.
Slovakia, sounds much better than Australia in the middle of a clay court season.:drool:

gaviotabr
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Serena is all sorts of awesome on twitter today: :spit:

serenawilliams Serena Williams
Question- I keep hearing about an admittance to someone cheating me & lying about it after at the French open? Did she confess finally?
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Davenport's reaction is also great.. :spit:

LDavenport76 Lindsay Davenport
OMG-luv itRT @serenawilliams:keep hearing about an admittance to someone cheating me & lying about it after at French open? Did she confess?
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:lol:

Sharapovian
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Caro also said '@serenawilliams: hahahahaha'

but she deleted it :tears:

:rolls:

Vladiricky
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hmm... so the time has finally come to admit everything. Nice.

jelenacg
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Caro also said '@serenawilliams: hahahahaha'

but she deleted it :tears:

:rolls:

Coward :lol: but smart thing to do .No need to get in the middle of something that doesn`t concern her

Justine ,great athlete but not so great person
Serena :worship::worship:

azdaja
Feb 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
novak is unbeaten so far this year. he could take the #2 spot soon.

gloria7
Feb 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Congrats Novak and Vera! Our journalists gone mad :"Serbian sheik Novak Djokovic destroyed Federer!"...

azdaja
Feb 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM
i think the #2 spot would mean a lot for novak right now because it means that at least occasionally nadal and fed would meet in the semis. it does look like fed is going down. respect, though, the best player ever so far.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
i think the #2 spot would mean a lot for novak right now because it means that at least occasionally nadal and fed would meet in the semis. it does look like fed is going down. respect, though, the best player ever so far.
I for one am ready for Fed's slam winning days to end (if they already haven't). I want other people to win slams.

gaviotabr
Feb 28th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Novak has played some amazing tennis these past couple of months. I saw the Dubai final and he was perfect tactically, playing heavy to Fed's BH.

I can't help though but think (begins rant) how when Nole won AO with Ana watching I was hoping she would get inspired. By what she said about it she got inspired the absolutely wrong way. She said he was very relaxed during practice and spent lots of practice time just joking around with his team, and she wanted some of that... she should get inspired by how focused he is now and how his game and mentality are on point.. yet what she sees is that he doesn't even have to be serious about it. Like that would ever work for her... disappointing. For the time she keeps this wrong mentality and interpretating things the wrong way, I'm afraind she will keep on losing and wasting her talent. Really frustrating to see (ends rant).

Vladiricky
Mar 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Novak has played some amazing tennis these past couple of months. I saw the Dubai final and he was perfect tactically, playing heavy to Fed's BH.

I can't help though but think (begins rant) how when Nole won AO with Ana watching I was hoping she would get inspired. By what she said about it she got inspired the absolutely wrong way. She said he was very relaxed during practice and spent lots of practice time just joking around with his team, and she wanted some of that... she should get inspired by how focused he is now and how his game and mentality are on point.. yet what she sees is that he doesn't even have to be serious about it. Like that would ever work for her... disappointing. For the time she keeps this wrong mentality and interpretating things the wrong way, I'm afraind she will keep on losing and wasting her talent. Really frustrating to see (ends rant).

And Novak said completely the opposite thing. It was all very hard work and dedication and that there was a lot of tension and stress because of the Grand Slam final and the Semifinal, of course.
I don't know, if she was present there, with his team, how could she missed that? :confused: I guess, she just see what she wants to see. :sad:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Serena had pulmonar embolism. That's so scary. I hope she gets better soon.

I really miss watching Serena own the field.. and her pressers are always top notch hilarious as well. With all this I fear we might never see her at her best again.. so many tough things to recover from. And while Serena is the ultimate fighter, she will be over 30 and more than 1 year away from the last time she played when she returns. At times like these, though, health is the most important thing, not tennis. I just wish to see her well and healthy again soon.

Sharapovian
Mar 3rd, 2011, 12:10 AM
Heard all about it earlier, really worried for her - sounds quite scary :sad:

Hopefully she recovers from it, and you're right it doesn't matter about tennis right now - let's just hope she recovers soon and is healthy again.

Just as she was recovering from the foot injury, this happens to her :tears: poor girl can't catch a break.

Vladiricky
Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I couldn't really believe when I was reading about it. That's so sad.

I hope she recovers soon. :sad:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
I also couldn`t beleive when i read Serena had pulmonar embolism.That sounds scary .I hope she is ok now
Just yesterday i watched episode of House where patient had pulmonar embolism,among other things ...

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
They can so easily kill you :unsure: Serena is really having a bad run of it lately...I hope she'll be fine.

azdaja
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
last week was very boring. no big tournament played on wta and the davis cup week on atp. i even caught parts of the petzschner vs karlovic match yesterday. most points didn't last longer than a second :o at least in the parts of the match that i saw.

Cp6uja
Mar 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Right now Ana is out of TOP20, but if she wins Indian Wells, she will reach TOP10 once again (after she drop from there in June of 2009)!

If Ana reach final she will also back into WTA TOP10, but not if S.Peer reach Semifinal OR if Sharapova wins IW 2011 title.

If beats Bartoli in QF, but lose SF match, Ana will be TOP16 seed in Miami.

If lose QF vs Bartoli, Ana will NOT back into WTA TOP20 next week only if Wickmayer reach final AND Petrova reach SF.

The 2nd Law
Mar 16th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Right now Ana is out of TOP20, but if she wins Indian Wells, she will reach TOP10 once again (after she drop from there in June of 2009)!

If Ana reach final she will also back into WTA TOP10, but not if S.Peer reach Semifinal OR if Sharapova wins IW 2011 title.

If lose QF vs Bartoli, Ana will NOT back into WTA TOP20 next week only if Wickmayer reach final AND Petrova reach SF.

She could have already been in the top 10 if this form continued at the start of the year. Encouraging though, if she keeps playing like this she'll easily be in the top 8 for RG. That's amazing.

doni1212
Mar 16th, 2011, 03:52 AM
OMG, one match at a time but that is incredible!

Empressive
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:18 AM

Her seeding won't change much, maybe one or two spots, the rankings won't be updated in time.

azdaja
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
when is the draw for miami made? before or after the new ranking list is released?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
when is the draw for miami made? before or after the new ranking list is released?

Doesn't matter. The rankings of March 7 will count for the seedings in Miami.

Lord Choc Ice
Mar 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Nando is my favourite player but I'm nearing the end of my tether with him at the moment. His weak mentality has really worn me down as a fan. I just wish I wasn't his fan at the moment. :banghead:

He just...never learns from any of his mistakes. He has all this talent and just throws it away with his stupid choking and stupid mentality.

I know a lot of you are feeling this way about Ana, but honestly Nando to me is like Ana to many of you. :lol: I love Ana but not as much as Nando. So that's why I'm devastated with Nando's stupidity but can take Ana's in my stride.

azdaja
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
i see there is no talk here about the invincible nole vs rafa match. how come?

nole just owns fed right now, so this is the match where he will prove his goat credentials. i don't know if i will watch this game since porto are playing at the same time, but at the moment it is the most interesting match up in tennis.

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
^ Yeah it's going to be interesting. H2H is 16-7, in Rafa's favour.

Nole is 7-5 on Hard Courts, but Rafa 5-0 in finals against Nole.

Nole hasn't lost a match so far this year, and that's a factor to take into account as well.

azdaja
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
with porto safely leading 3:1 let's see. nadal 1 set up.

Vladiricky
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:27 AM
I was waiting for the match to end. :woohoo: Djokovic started paying well after he won the second set. I'm really, really happy. :cheer:

Ivanovic2008
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM
Check out my ana blog (link is in my sig)! I have made no post as of today I am just setting up my page and designing!

azdaja
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:57 PM
nole keeps on winning. ana needs to spend more time with him. i mean, really.

azdaja
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:29 PM
ana's double partner petkorazzi beat the wrold #1 caro :cool: i watched the first and the last set. obviously i was andrea's good luck charm :oh:

Vladiricky
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
ana's double partner petkorazzi beat the wrold #1 caro :cool: i watched the first and the last set. obviously i was andrea's good luck charm :oh:

You should've been there for the second too just to make it easier. :lol:

Ivanovic2008
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Bored and I want Ana to start!

azdaja
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:22 AM
You should've been there for the second too just to make it easier. :lol:
but the fact that i wasn't there made me aware that she needs me :oh: i will try to watch her throughout the next time, i guess :oh:

oh and ana's male bff is just killing it right now :eek: ana, at least your friends are doing well and could be a good influence on you. let's hope.

gaviotabr
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I think Petko will actually get ahead of Ana in the rankings now. Or does she need a final?

gaviotabr
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Quite amazing to watch Sharapova compete when things get tight in a match. Wish Ana had half that belief and will to win.

Davodus
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Petkovic is only 19 with today's win, she needs the final to pass Ana I think.

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Petkovic is playing so well. I think she will definitely make the top 10 soon. Has very little to defend.

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Petkovic is playing so well. I think she will definitely make the top 10 soon. Has very little to defend.

Actually.. Petko might make the top 10 this week, by winning the event.. not too hard to do honestly.

Just took the first set from Sharapova.

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
My commentators just mentioned Ana's loss.. :sobbing:

Talked about it and that Ana was on the locker room crying a sea after the match. That it's sure to cause her some trauma. And then went on to say how Kim played like crap yesterday.. :sobbing:

azdaja
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
i'm watching the match and i'm liking andrea more and more. i was actually pretty sure she would take out both caro and jj. she seems to have a mindset of a champion. and since ana doesn't have a coach or a psychologist i think being around andrea might be good for her. i hope they continue playing doubles in the future.

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
i'm watching the match and i'm liking andrea more and more. i was actually pretty sure she would take out both caro and jj. she seems to have a mindset of a champion. and since ana doesn't have a coach or a psychologist i think being around andrea might be good for her. i hope they continue playing doubles in the future.

Yeah, she is doing very well.. I actually really liked a gesture she did to her coach when she played JJ and had just lost the first set. She looked at him and pointed to her head and then nodded, like she knew what to do and how to react. Cool.

I also hope Ana keeps on playing doubles with Petko. Let's see if they play on the clay tournaments.

JAS_
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:22 PM

I agree but how sad that our best hope now for Ana to regain champion mentality is to have it rub off on her from Andrea or Novak :sad:

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:27 PM
I agree but how sad that our best hope now for Ana to regain champion mentality is to have it rub off on her from Andrea or Novak :sad:

Well.. it's hard to recover a champions mentality when you lost it so badly and refuse to seek help for it.. not many other things to get hope from.

azdaja
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah, she is doing very well.. I actually really liked a gesture she did to her coach when she played JJ and had just lost the first set. She looked at him and pointed to her head and then nodded, like she knew what to do and how to react. Cool.

I also hope Ana keeps on playing doubles with Petko. Let's see if they play on the clay tournaments.
hell yeah, it's my favourite doubles team ever :bounce:

i don't care where she gets it from :shrug: they are all good friends after all.

pova is too much for petko right now. funnily enough i expected this as well. i really should bet on tennis matches.

still hope andrea can win it in 3. this set is probably over no matter what happens in this game.

JAS_
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:49 PM
hell yeah, it's my favourite doubles team ever :bounce:

i don't care where she gets it from :shrug: they are all good friends after all.

Yeah, I don't care either, I hope it is enough, though. It's good influence that's for sure.

gaviotabr
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Petko is off now.. :(

azdaja
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
yeah, andrea has now gone into ana mode :tape:

azdaja
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
sharpie double faulted while trying to serve the match out :oh:

azdaja
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:25 PM
the shriek won in the end (for sharpie fans i am not a hater). too bad, but andrea really has the right mentality. andrea's mentality + ana's game = goat. help each other girls, please!

at games of my local football club first vienna we sing "come on vienna, come on vienna!" i realised that would work with andrea too - "come on andrea, cone on andrea!" and had i been in miami today i'd have so sung that :bigclap:

SOA_MC
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:38 AM
Lots of bad luck has fallen on recent Miami champions so I'm happy none of my faves or even half faves made the semis. :yeah:

The 2nd Law
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Lots of bad luck has fallen on recent Miami champions so I'm happy none of my faves or even half faves made the semis. :yeah:

Clijsters has not been unlucky?

gaviotabr
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:48 AM

What bad luck? Kim? Vika? Really?

SOA_MC
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:07 AM
Clijsters has not been unlucky?

She missed the clay court season last year no?

What bad luck? Kim? Vika? Really?

Vika hasn't contributed to the hype she had since winning (and before) Miami infact she has gone backwards.

gaviotabr
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:10 AM
She missed the clay court season last year no?

Vika hasn't contributed to the hype she had since winning (and before) Miami infact she has gone backwards.

Humm.. but they haven't been unlucky overall.. Vika has been in the top 10 or very close to it for 2 years now and might be on the verge of winning Miami again. And Kim has won other 2 slams since winning Miami. :shrug:

I would change their luck for Ana's luck in the blink of an eye.

Sharapovian
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Vika seems to be playing quite well now, judging by the scores of her last two matches anyway. I only watched a bit of her QF match, Kim didn't play that great. No idea how Vera did.

I hope Maria wins but you never know what she will play like until the day, plus Vika seems to be playing well. It's been a great tournament for her no matter what though :yeah:

JAS_
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Lol at Vika thanking the crowd for booing her. Like how unfazed she is by it. She is beginning to grow on me. Rooting for her in the final.

cocco80
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
I didn't like Vika when she first came out, but after a while I begun to warm up to her. Same thing with Petko. I really like her character. There are maybe 2 or 3 players I really have something against, I tend to be fond of the rest.

gaviotabr
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Lol at Vika thanking the crowd for booing her. Like how unfazed she is by it. She is beginning to grow on me. Rooting for her in the final.

Yeah, it's cool.. Vika almost always has the crowd against her and she has learned how to make it some sort of fuel, get even more motivated.. like, to shut people up with her good play.

azdaja
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
I didn't like Vika when she first came out, but after a while I begun to warm up to her. Same thing with Petko. I really like her character. There are maybe 2 or 3 players I really have something against, I tend to be fond of the rest.
when people in gm messages starded saying she has "personality" i feared the worst :o thankfully she seems to be really likeable.

not sure yet about vika.

on men's side bakervic is doing some serious damage. amazing unbeaten run from him :eek: and the importance of being #2 rather than #3 in the ranking is obvious. fedull are both in the opposite half of the draw, so he had an easy road to the final.

Sharapovian
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I like Vika, but I really want Maria to win this one. Otherwise 4 straight final losses in a row. :sobbing:

However Maria needs to serve well and return well, and that's a tough ask so not getting my hopes up.

cocco80
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
when people in gm messages starded saying she has "personality" i feared the worst :o thankfully she seems to be really likeable.

not sure yet about vika.

on men's side bakervic is doing some serious damage. amazing unbeaten run from him :eek: and the importance of being #2 rather than #3 in the ranking is obvious. fedull are both in the opposite half of the draw, so he had an easy road to the final.

Vika is okay as well. They're both outgoing and friendly but not fake at the same time. They're being themselves and it shows.

Crazy run by Bakervic, serving bagels left and right :lol: For once, he's not to meet neither Nadal or Federer before the finals. I'm not sure about the Miami title though. We'll see how much he has still left in a tank. That's what I call a good start of the season. :lol:

I like Vika, but I really want Maria to win this one. Otherwise 4 straight final losses in a row. :sobbing:

However Maria needs to serve well and return well, and that's a tough ask so not getting my hopes up.

Actually, I was happy for Maria even if I was obviously rooting for Petko. Good to see her have a decent run after so long. If she somehow manages to win the title it would be a sort of a statement. Good for tennis.. I miss WS as well.:sad:

gaviotabr
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM

I hope it's a competitive match in which we can see Sharapova's amazing willpower. I really love to see her competing at tight matches, she really manages to bring out the mental strength and make it make the difference. I admire that.

azdaja
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:18 PM
Vika is okay as well. They're both outgoing and friendly but not fake at the same time. They're being themselves and it shows.

Crazy run by Bakervic, serving bagels left and right :lol: For once, he's not to meet neither Nadal or Federer before the finals. I'm not sure about the Miami title though. We'll see how much he has still left in a tank. That's what I call a good start of the season. :lol:
it was the best start to a year in 25 years apparently. it would be cool to break some records.

i find it funny that some people who thought jj's fitpump immitation was a harmless joke think that andrea's dancing after a match is disrespectful :rolleyes:

azdaja
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
the baker boy was back in business today. handling out a bread stick, though, no bagels at this tournament anymore, i guess.

azdaja
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
vika dismissed pova tonight. how do you feel about that? i'm pretty much emotionless, tbh.

on the other hand, nadal's emphatic win over fed makes me wonder, is the fedull era over and is it going to be replaced by nodull era? :unsure: i'm not saying that having 2 different players win everything is going to be any less dull than previously, the words just come out that way :o

gaviotabr
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
vika dismissed pova tonight. how do you feel about that? i'm pretty much emotionless, tbh.

Sharapova is hit or miss these days.. when she misses too much, it's tough.. her competitive drive and willpower can only get her so far.. still great tournament for her.

on the other hand, nadal's emphatic win over fed makes me wonder, is the fedull era over and is it going to be replaced by nodull era? :unsure: i'm not saying that having 2 different players win everything is going to be any less dull than previously, the words just come out that way :o

I think Nadal will be super pumped for today's final. I think it might be tough for Nole.

I don't think Fed is all that much done.. it would be cool to see more players fighting it out for big titles though. Nole-Nadal rivalry also seems fresh and exciting so far to me.

JAS_
Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Some exerpts from Vika's presser. She sounds as if she was eavesdropping on our conversation about Ana :)

"I played very well in Indian Wells but got injured; for me to come here without practicing enough and step up my game so well is amazing," Azarenka said. "I have to thank my physio, JP, who did an incredible job for me to play here."

Azarenka also showed some impressive calm under pressure. "I changed my mentality a bit. I'm enjoying myself so much on the court that there's no room for frustration. People want to see me emotional - they like it - but this is how I am right now. I just don't care if I lose. I'm just there to do the best I can.

"What I mean by not caring about losing is just not creating such a big drama out of it. If you lose, you lose. It's not the end of the world. It sounds a bit out there, but with what happened in Japan, for example, we're here playing tennis, being able to do something we love. So why make a big deal out of it?"

gaviotabr
Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Some exerpts from Vika's presser. She sounds as if she was eavesdropping on our conversation about Ana :)

"I played very well in Indian Wells but got injured; for me to come here without practicing enough and step up my game so well is amazing," Azarenka said. "I have to thank my physio, JP, who did an incredible job for me to play here."

Azarenka also showed some impressive calm under pressure. "I changed my mentality a bit. I'm enjoying myself so much on the court that there's no room for frustration. People want to see me emotional - they like it - but this is how I am right now. I just don't care if I lose. I'm just there to do the best I can.

"What I mean by not caring about losing is just not creating such a big drama out of it. If you lose, you lose. It's not the end of the world. It sounds a bit out there, but with what happened in Japan, for example, we're here playing tennis, being able to do something we love. So why make a big deal out of it?"

Vika seems a lot more levelheaded these days.. Sam Sumyk worked a lot on her mental game I think.

azdaja
Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think Nadal will be super pumped for today's final. I think it might be tough for Nole.

I don't think Fed is all that much done.. it would be cool to see more players fighting it out for big titles though. Nole-Nadal rivalry also seems fresh and exciting so far to me.
indeed nadal won the first set.

i do hope it will be more than 2 players challenging for titles. fedull domination kinda ruined the atp for me even though they both are great players. the worst was the period when rafa would win rg and fed everything else :yawn:

azdaja
Apr 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
nole wins.

since i am watching the benfica - porto game i only saw the last few points. they both seem to have played well.

JAS_
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Novak :worship: He is a different person. Just shows you how important mentality is. Though I also think he has improved significantly two segments in his game - the serve, which was good enough to begin with, but went through a horrible phase, akin to Ana's. Hopefully, the outcome will be similar for her. And the netplay. He used to be so scared of the net, didn't have a clue what to do there. Now, his efficiency at the net is amazing.
And of course, his stamina.
Once you work so much, your mentality has to change as well. Or is it the other way around ? :scratch: I am sure that it works both ways.
In any event, I'm so happy for him. :hatoff::bigclap::bounce::woohoo:

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Novak :worship: He is a different person. Just shows you how important mentality is. Though I also think he has improved significantly two segments in his game - the serve, which was good enough to begin with, but went through a horrible phase, akin to Ana's. Hopefully, the outcome will be similar for her. And the netplay. He used to be so scared of the net, didn't have a clue what to do there. Now, his efficiency at the net is amazing.
Once you work so much, your mentality has to change as well. Or is it the other way around ? :scratch: I am sure that it works both ways.
http://i56.tinypic.com/312v7zp.jpg

He's won 26 matches in a row now including his two DC wins late last year. :bowdown:

JAS_
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Interesting article. Says Darren Cahill in contention for Murrey's coach.
Well, if he can be one player's coach, then why not Ana's?
I will be seriously pissed if he goes to be Murrey's personal coach. Maybe Ana is just not willing to shell out enough?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1372743/Former-king-Wimbledon-Jimmy-Connors-insists-Id-make-Andy-Murray-champion.html

gaviotabr
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
I will be seriously pissed if he goes to be Murrey's personal coach. Maybe Ana is just not willing to shell out enough?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1372743/Former-king-Wimbledon-Jimmy-Connors-insists-Id-make-Andy-Murray-champion.html

Cahill is not going to leave APDP to work with Murray. Federer made him a huge offer and he refused it, back in 2009. This is the Daily Mail, not all that good of a source. They have been saying Cahill would be the top candidate for Murray since he fired Miles Mclaghan last year, and Cahill has said time and again he could only coach Murray through APDP, not as full time coach.

I don't think Ana's issue is the coach's payroll.. just the ones she actually respects and wanted to work with are not available or willing to travel. I still think she should keep looking for someone though.. she can have her own coach and still have Cahill as an advisor if she wants it that much.

gaviotabr
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM

I think it's only through a clear, revigorated and strong mind that you can make real improvement and dominate, like Nole is doing. Mind first, game follows.

He has been amazing. And today's match just shows it.. Nadal is kind of third set tie breaks, when guts and willpower count way more than shots. Nole is so strong that he was able to outwill Rafa.

:worship:

JAS_
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Cahill is not going to leave APDP to work with Murray. Federer made him a huge offer and he refused it, back in 2009. This is the Daily Mail, not all that good of a source. They have been saying Cahill would be the top candidate for Murray since he fired Miles Mclaghan last year, and Cahill has said time and again he could only coach Murray through APDP, not as full time coach.

I don't think Ana's issue is the coach's payroll.. just the ones she actually respects and wanted to work with are not available or willing to travel. I still think she should keep looking for someone though.. she can have her own coach and still have Cahill as an advisor if she wants it that much.

Even if he could be lured into personal coaching, he probably wouldn't do it for Ana. Who is crazy enough to leave a safe job to work with Ana and risk being fired in two weeks? :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Even if he could be lured into personal coaching, he probably wouldn't do it for Ana. Who is crazy enough to leave a safe job to work with Ana and risk being fired in two weeks? :rolleyes:

:lol: True.. sometimes I wonder who would ever want to work with Ana. She created quite the reputation of a coach firer for herself. It's one of the most unstables jobs in the game.

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Today we had a barbacue with friends and family... and we were watching the final. So when Rafa had 5-1 in the first set and Novak got it to 5-4.. people started to ask if he would pull an Ivanovic. I wanted to punch a wall, really. :o Will Ana be known as a notorious choker now? :sobbing:

JAS_
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Today we had a barbacue with friends and family... and we were watching the final. So when Rafa had 5-1 in the first set and Novak got it to 5-4.. people started to ask if he would pull an Ivanovic. I wanted to punch a wall, really. :o Will Ana be known as a notorious choker now? :sobbing:

If you really want to punch a wall, go read the GM board. They have a topic about who would dominate clay season, and Ana isn't even a separate option. :o She's on an equal standing as Rezai :tape: and MJMS :sobbing:
I mean, I know they can be nasty, and she is not much loved on that forum, but I read some articles which also give her no more than a passing mention (and usually in negative context :sad:) Her legacy has begun to crumble, and she has so far not shown any ability of defending it, and reframing the stories about her :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:21 AM
If you really want to punch a wall, go read the GM board. They have a topic about who would dominate clay season, and Ana isn't even a separate option. :o She's on an equal standing as Rezai :tape: and MJMS :sobbing:
I mean, I know they can be nasty, and she is not much loved on that forum, but I read some articles which also give her no more than a passing mention (and usually in negative context :sad:) Her legacy has begun to crumble, and she has so far not shown any ability of defending it, and reframing the stories about her :sobbing:

:sobbing:

I never go to GM.. it's like internet hell for me. :sobbing:

But yeah.. true... Ana's legacy is going down the drain.. if we think about it, she had quite a career until the slump. So many great streaks.. all gone now. She might end up being seen as the Gaston Gaudio of the WTA. It's really sad. So much talent going to waste.

The articles about the WTA nowadays show Ana as not much more than an afterthought.. and I feel like she is actually helping to give reason to those who dismiss her completely.

JAS_
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:21 AM
:lol: True.. sometimes I wonder who would ever want to work with Ana. She created quite the reputation of a coach firer for herself. It's one of the most unstables jobs in the game.

That's exactly what I mean when I said she creates pressure situations for herself. By bad decisions, she made it much harder for herself to find a coach now.
As for Heinz, to be fair, we all thought she should hire a full time coach; it's easy now to know it was a bad decision after the fact. But who thought she would fire a coach and a trainer and go back to APDP to top it all in a span of a few months? :help:

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:26 AM
That's exactly what I mean when I said she creates pressure situations for herself. By bad decisions, she made it much harder for herself to find a coach now.
As for Heinz, to be fair, we all thought she should hire a full time coach; it's easy now to know it was a bad decision after the fact. But who thought she would fire a coach and a trainer and go back to APDP to top it all in a span of a few months? :help:

Yeah.. but there goes the instability and the contradictory decisions. She went from saying she really needed a full time coach who were there in every practice, to saying she doesn't need a coach to tell her to work hard or to be there all the time at all. I know we can't take her words too seriously, but her actions actually go with it. She is indeed almost alone now, with no team. She goes from one extreme to the other in very little time. There is no balance, no sense of really knowing what to do or really having a plan.

JAS_
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:27 AM

I never go to GM.. it's like internet hell for me. :sobbing:

But yeah.. true... Ana's legacy is going down the drain.. if we think about it, she had quite a career until the slump. So many great streaks.. all gone now. She might end up being seen as the Gaston Gaudio of the WTA. It's really sad. So much talent going to waste.

The articles about the WTA nowadays show Ana as not much more than an afterthought.. and I feel like she is actually helping to give reason to those who dismiss her completely.

These days, when Ana is mentioned, it's usually as an example of pyshological meltdown. No one talks of her as a GS champion no more.
And you know, that kind of talk makes it only harder for her to see herself as such. She really needs to mentally oppose that somehow, either to be able to ignore it or use it to fire herself up, but I doubt she is even aware of that, let alone doing something about it...

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:30 AM
She had the worst luck losing Heinz. He was rebuilding her game again. :mad:

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
These days, when Ana is mentioned, it's usually as an example of pyshological meltdown. No one talks of her as a GS champion no more.
And you know, that kind of talk makes it only harder for her to see herself as such. She really needs to mentally oppose that somehow, either to be able to ignore it or use it to fire herself up, but I doubt she is even aware of that, let alone doing something about it...

She refuses to work on her mental game.. I think that says it all really.

She just probably doesn't even think she should use those things to get even more motivation to succeed.

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:32 AM
She had the worst luck losing Heinz. He was rebuilding her game again. :mad:

That is really not about luck... She chose to let go of Heinz.. :shrug:

JAS_
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:49 AM
That is really not about luck... She chose to let go of Heinz.. :shrug:

As much as I hate the effects of this decision, it was in fact a fairly reasonable thing. After working with him, she realized she needed a full time coach, because previously she had those half ass attempts with Sven to come back; I still remember the accounts of Ana's winter off season in 2009, where she would have half hour practices with Sven, easing into tennis :cuckoo:
Then, having worked with Heinz, she realised she needed a full time coach, and when he said he couldn't be with her full time she let him go, hoping to hire someone else. So far, this is all perfectly reasonable process of thinking, and had she found a good full time coach we wouldn't have this problem now, most likely.
But then, to go on and hire AVG, only to go on and fire him and say she is going on her own, then to fire Marija and now APDP, this is as random as drug halucinations. She cannot switch directions completely and abondon everything that worked every time she has a bad result.

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:56 AM
As much as I hate the effects of this decision, it was in fact a fairly reasonable thing. After working with him, she realized she needed a full time coach, because previously she had those half ass attempts with Sven to come back; I still remember the accounts of Ana's winter off season in 2009, where she would have half hour practices with Sven, easing into tennis :cuckoo:
Then, having worked with Heinz, she realised she needed a full time coach, and when he said he couldn't be with her full time she let him go, hoping to hire someone else. So far, this is all perfectly reasonable process of thinking, and had she found a good full time coach we wouldn't have this problem now, most likely.
But then, to go on and hire AVG, only to go on and fire him and say she is going on her own, then to fire Marija and now APDP, this is as random as drug halucinations. She cannot switch directions completely and abondon everything that worked every time she has a bad result.

Exactly.. that's the thing.. she goes on one direction and then on the exact opposite direction in the span of a couple of months. It makes no sense.. it's like she just forgot everything that worked for her last year. And is insisting on things that didn't work in the past. It's like.. WTF?????

I was fine with her letting go of Heinz if she was going to hire a good full time coach. But to go in this direction now, it was obviously much better to have stayed with Heinz. It's like one month of AVG got her traumatized with a full time coach and made her forget all the good work she did with Heinz last year. :o So she is actually doing what didn't work before.. back at APDP and withdrawing from tournaments left and right. Even if she played reasonably well in a few matches in IW/Miami, this set up is hardly going to actually work on the long run or solidly recover her career or lead her to big things. It can't really be permanent.. it's temporary.. so it's no solution. And she is not even looking for a solution or seeing her career as a whole and what's best for it on the long run. The longer she takes to actually make good decisions and stick to them, the longer it will take for her to make a real recovery, if ever.

JAS_
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Right. This setup is not a solution, but I think she is so desperate and lost, that she would accept this as the solution. And yes, the longer she doesn't make the recovery, the more the chances for it are dropping. I don't know how she doesn't realise that.

gaviotabr
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Right. This setup is not a solution, but I think she is so desperate and lost, that she would accept this as the solution. And yes, the longer she doesn't make the recovery, the more the chances for it are dropping. I don't know how she doesn't realise that.

I don't know how she doesn't realize it either.. but as you say, she is lost.

She said it was nice to see Nole and his team and that she could learn from how relaxed they were.. yet she doesn't see how he has a big stable team around him, which is what she should learn from them, and which is why they are happy and relaxed.

azdaja
Apr 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
from what i am reading the miami men's final was epic. too bad i didn't see it, but i had to watch the benfica porto game. remember when i said i want someone to pay for ana's loss, for the way i felt after that. well, benfica were the chosen ones. they mugged up to the task impressively and allowed their arch-rivals to clinch the title at their own stadium, something that porto prevented benfica from doing last season when the roles were reverse. then they decided to spice it up by turning the lights off and the sprinklers on shortly after the game was over and while porto players and fans were still celebrating. showing to the world what sore losers they are :oh:

watching the miami final wouldn't give me the same pleasure because while i've always clearly preferred nole i was never really pationate in supporting him. but at least i would have been able to see a good tennis match without a danger of a heart attack. unlike when i watch ana.

plenty of people seem to believe that we are seeing a new top 2 rivalry. i sincerely hope it won't be just nole and rafa winning everything, but that we will have a couple of players more in the mix. but both nole and rafa are young enough to make this rivalry last for years to come. fed is still haning on, but he is definitely not at the same level anymore. and i don't think he will be able to raise his level again, but he might take his chances if the other 2 drop theirs.

Sharapovian
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Oh trust me that men's finally was so tense to and really depressing to watch at times.

On twitter everyone was saying that as well :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Murray announced today that he plans to use the adidas coaches untill he finds a new full time coach, but pointed out that this was only a temporary solution.

Sharapovian
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Andy :unsure:

Well I suppose it's better than his current situation. And until he finds a new coach, fine.

JAS_
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Murray announced today that he plans to use the adidas coaches untill he finds a new full time coach, but pointed out that this was only a temporary solution.

True, he also said that he wouldn't be rushed into hiring someone full time. Clearly Ana is also of the same stance, probably because she hired AVG because she felt rushed to hire someone. Well, I can understand it, but she should keep in mind that the clock is ticking...

In all of this talk about coaches for Andy Murrey, the name of Ivan Lendl came up. I loved him when he was an active player, he's probably my favorite player of all time. I wonder how he and Ana would mesh. He was such a no nonsense guy, a person who dind't give a @#$% about what others thought.
I remember his underhand serves it was epic.
But I think he would probably be too tough for Ana. IMO that's precisely what she needs, but I can't imagine him wanting to work with her (or her with him :lol:) He does have a few daughters, if I remember well, so who knows? Do I have a wild imagination? :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:17 AM
True, he also said that he wouldn't be rushed into hiring someone full time. Clearly Ana is also of the same stance, probably because she hired AVG because she felt rushed to hire someone. Well, I can understand it, but she should keep in mind that the clock is ticking...

In all of this talk about coaches for Andy Murrey, the name of Ivan Lendl came up. I loved him when he was an active player, he's probably my favorite player of all time. I wonder how he and Ana would mesh. He was such a no nonsense guy, a person who dind't give a @#$% about what others thought.
I remember his underhand serves it was epic.
But I think he would probably be too tough for Ana. IMO that's precisely what she needs, but I can't imagine him wanting to work with her (or her with him :lol:) He does have a few daughters, if I remember well, so who knows? Do I have a wild imagination? :lol:

Ana would fire Lendl within 5 minutes, and he would go: "Thanks, whatever!". :spit:

Seriously though, those rumours were squashed by the very own Lendl. I think he said he did not intend to coach anyone.

gaviotabr
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I think Ana goes back to APDP so often because she can't stand someone telling her what she should do or not. APDP are barely there anyway.. It quite surprised me when she said she really needed a full time coach late last year, but I guess the experience with Heinz had been great, and she was very excited about tennis back then.

JAS_
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Ana would fire Lendl within 5 minutes, and he would go: "Thanks, whatever!". :spit:

I know. :bigcry:
But he would be perfect for her.
One can but dream...

Protoss
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Great players (not just in tennis) often don't make good coaches though. :shrug:

JAS_
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Great players (not just in tennis) often don't make good coaches though. :shrug:

Yeah I know that. The reason I am fantasizing about him is that I think Ana needs some no nonsense guy who will take no prisoners and shake her out of her pants :oh:

gaviotabr
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah I know that. The reason I am fantasizing about him is that I think Ana needs some no nonsense guy who will take no prisoners and shake her out of her pants :oh:

I agree.. does Ana though? I think someone like this wouldn't last a week! :spit:

JAS_
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:01 AM

I agree.. does Ana though? I think someone like this wouldn't last a week! :spit:

So, it would be of paramount importance to strike first. :oh:

Btw Stosur out of Charlseton, Woz struggling with Barbora.
Serena and Venus out of contention for now. It leaves us with Schiavone (?), JJ, Kuzz and Safina as major contenders. And no one expecting Ana to win, meaning she might sneak out from under the radar, and not feel pressure? Maybe just maybe...
If I were Ana, boy I wouldn't waste a sec...

Sharapovian
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:04 AM
We know Ana has the talent to do it again...
but the mentality :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
So, it would be of paramount importance to strike first. :oh:

Btw Stosur out of Charlseton, Woz struggling with Barbora.
Serena and Venus out of contention for now. It leaves us with Schiavone (?), JJ, Kuzz and Safina as major contenders. And no one expecting Ana to win, meaning she might sneak out from under the radar, and not feel pressure? Maybe just maybe...
If I were Ana, boy I wouldn't waste a sec...

Don't tell Ana.. she might just see the opportunity and freak out. :spit:

Seriously though.. RG is wide open.. Ana should grab this chance with all her heart. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vika or JJ winning their first slam.. or even some completely random winner.

If only Ana had her 2008 level (mentally and game wise).. but then again, in that case she would probably have 3 slams by now.

gaviotabr
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM
We know Ana has the talent to do it again...
but the mentality :sobbing:

True.. :sobbing:

If she gets nervous as hell in a IW QF or in a Miami 4th round, imagine a slam final.. :banghead:

JAS_
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM

Our best chance is that she is still grieving and not paying attention to tennis ;)

gaviotabr
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Our best chance is that she is still grieving and not paying attention to tennis ;)

:spit:

Sharapovian
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:35 AM
True.. :sobbing:

If she gets nervous as hell in a IW QF or in a Miami 4th round, imagine a slam final.. :banghead:

Sam hasn't been playing that well this year so far, Fran not really either. That leaves Kuznetsova as one of the better clay court players who has struggled through her last two wins on clay. Azarenka, Jankovic :shrug:

I just wish Ana makes a good run in RG, I won't think about winning yet :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:59 AM

Seriously though.. RG is wide open.. Ana should grab this chance with all her heart. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vika or JJ winning their first slam.. or even some completely random winner.

If only Ana had her 2008 level (mentally and game wise).. but then again, in that case she would probably have 3 slams by now.

3 Roland Garros titles, or do you think she might have won a different slam along the way? Of course its impossible to know what anything wouldve been like, but if Ana had won the 09 and 10 french open's and the other slams had played out to the same champion, then the last 12 slams would only have been won by Serena, Venus, Clijsters and Ana.
Might not go over well around here, but if not Ana or Vera as the 2011 RG champ, then id want to see JJ win the French.:kiss: With the same conditions im hopeful Serena is back to business at Wimbledon and the USO.

Finally just made it through the last of the Charleston torrents. Im convinced Elena called Vera before the final for some advice against Caroline and was advised to try a drop shot or two.:lol: Hopefully Elena gets a title before shes done.

The 2nd Law
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:06 AM
3 Roland Garros titles, or do you think she might have won a different slam along the way? Of course its impossible to know what anything wouldve been like, but if Ana had won the 09 and 10 french open's and the other slams had played out to the same champion, then the last 12 slams would only have been won by Serena, Venus, Clijsters and Ana.
Might not go over well around here, but if not Ana or Vera as the 2011 RG champ, then id want to see JJ win the French.:kiss: With the same conditions im hopeful Serena is back to business at Wimbledon and the USO.

Finally just made it through the last of the Charleston torrents. Im convinced Elena called Vera before the final for some advice against Caroline and was advised to try a drop shot or two.:lol: Hopefully Elena gets a title before shes done.

08 level Ana would easily have been enough at RG 09 imo. If she had just been good enough to beat Vika, her path was Safina, Cibulkova and Kuz. Domi would have been the toughest one for an in form Ana imo.
Probably last year too, cause I think she would match up quite well against Sam. Which side of the draw was Ana on last year?

Doesn't matter though, would've/could've/should've ... didn't :p

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM
08 level Ana would easily have been enough at RG 09 imo. If she had just been good enough to beat Vika, her path was Safina, Cibulkova and Kuz. Domi would have been the toughest one for an in form Ana imo.
Probably last year too, cause I think she would match up quite well against Sam. Which side of the draw was Ana on last year?

Doesn't matter though, would've/could've/should've ... didn't :p

Of course.;) Izzy mentioned '3' a few times before though, i was just curious. And that Vika match is probably the most dissapointing one of Ana's matches ever for me. I still dont know wtfts was:help:

The 2nd Law
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Of course.;) Izzy mentioned '3' a few times before though, i was just curious. And that Vika match is probably the most dissapointing one of Ana's matches ever for me. I still dont know wtfts was:help:

Vika was playing pretty well back then, but I was very naive and fully expected Ana to wipe the floor with her and defend her title :lol: I was disgusted too!

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Which side of the draw was Ana on last year?

Couldnt find the tennis forum draw for last year. This should work though. She was on top in spot #60- http://forum2.hingis.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32188 Ana lost to Kleybs and Vera lost to Rodionova, i didnt watch any more from that section before the qf. JJ/Shvedova and then Stosur/JJ in the semi.

Vika was playing pretty well back then, but I was very naive and fully expected Ana to wipe the floor with her and defend her title :lol: I was disgusted too!

My apartment got robbed the day before that match and apparently they didnt think much of the laptop i had at that time since they didnt take it.:o Having my personal space violated was bad enough for me, but after having seen the first 3 matches i had some expectations against Vika. Not much of a fight or urgency to defend her slam at all.

The 2nd Law
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Cheers, so if 08 Ana played RG last year, we can assume that she'd have faced Stosur in the semis, I'd like to think Ana could have won that.

Oh so it was a doubly bad time for you, hope you were able to recover what they took!

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Cheers, so if 08 Ana played RG last year, we can assume that she'd have faced Stosur in the semis, I'd like to think Ana could have won that.

Oh so it was a doubly bad time for you, hope you were able to recover what they took!

I think 08 Ana would have handled last years Stosur. How about 07 RG Ana vs 08 RG Ana? I gotta go with 07.
I couldnt recover anything, but knowing my place was invaded was worse than anything that was taken. Just takes a little time to get past. The year Ana won RG, there was a huge storm and i lost my electricity after the first set. Not the best time of the year for me.:lol: Nothing happened last year, but nothing happened with Ana either.:tape:

azdaja
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I think 08 Ana would have handled last years Stosur. How about 07 RG Ana vs 08 RG Ana? I gotta go with 07.
I couldnt recover anything, but knowing my place was invaded was worse than anything that was taken. Just takes a little time to get past. The year Ana won RG, there was a huge storm and i lost my electricity after the first set. Not the best time of the year for me.:lol: Nothing happened last year, but nothing happened with Ana either.:tape:
now it's clear what kinda miracle we need. we need to do a rain dance and pray to gods to send a storm to your area :cheer:

The 2nd Law
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM

07 would probably have more guts and grit, and I'd pick her to win as long as it's 07 prior to the final where the service yips were born :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 12th, 2011, 03:58 PM

I think, if Ana was playing well, she would've won RG 3 times. In 2009 she had the most WTF? match against Vika. Sure Vika played well.. but that was a pathetic match from Ana. Not only did she not even fight.. every single shot that she had a volley or smash or ball coming high she would miss, because, as she said, she couldn't look up. The first few games were all very close, and it could easily have been set Ana instead of set Vika if Ana wasn't missing so many smashes and swinging volleys. Last year Ana was awful... but if she had her 2008 form, I don't think she would've lost to Kleybs, or Shvedova or JJ or Stosur or Fran, which was her road to the title. So, 3 slams.

gaviotabr
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM

I think 2007 Ana would beat 2008 Ana by the scoreline of 6-2 3-6 6-4. Back then Ana could win 3 setters. Obviously I'm talking about the Ana that played until the semis. 2007 final Ana can't beat a fly. :spit:

If Ana had played the final like she played the semi in 2007, I think she would at the very least have made Justine sweat a lot to win. If she was serving like in the semis, it would be hard for anyone to beat Ana, because she was so hard to break.

gaviotabr
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Ana's buddy Gulbis is such a huge headcase. He just lost this match because of a bad call by the umpire. Ana should have mentally stronger buddies.. this is not good company.

gaviotabr
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Gulbis is such a spoiled brat. A waste of talent.

Davodus
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
:sobbing: he definitely lost the first set because of that call...definitely when something goes wrong for him, he just gets mad and loses about 50 points in a row.

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
now it's clear what kinda miracle we need. we need to do a rain dance and pray to gods to send a storm to your area :cheer:
i can deal with that. If it will help Ana, then bring it:umbrella:

I think 2007 Ana would beat 2008 Ana by the scoreline of 6-2 3-6 6-4.

sounds about right to me.:lol: 2008 Ana always gets all the love for winning the French and getting to number one, but that same '2008 Ana' also gave us a bunch of crappy things that make it hard to view it as being her actual best 'season.' 2008 couldnt end soon enough. 2007 ended with a great feeling. For the best total year, and the most reliable Ana, gotta go with 2007 Ana.
How about a list of some of 2007 Ana's bragging rights:p...

'2007 Ana' had 14 top 10 wins. As of now, i believe Ana has a career total of 30 top 10 wins. Before the win against Dementieva in Beijing at the end of last year, half of her career top10 wins came from 2007, and the other half came from all of the other years combined.:lol:

'2007 Ana' easily had the best overall win count and win percentage for a single season including the best win count for a season on red clay.

'2007 Ana' was the first to win 16 Grand Slam matches in a season(which '2008 Ana' matched, but failed to better thanks to Julie Coin:o), and '2007 Ana' set career high results at that time at 3 out of 4 slams. Two of those results(Wimbledon and USO) still stand as personal best results to this date, Wimbledon never bettered and USO only equaled last year.

'2007 Ana' finished with the best year end ranking of any Ana.

'2007 Ana' kissed Kirilenko:smoke:..
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5067/77983647.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7079/25461984.jpg
better to not even think about what '2008 Ana' might have done with Verdascohttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-015.gif

'2007 Ana' had the longest win streak of any Ana- 12. She also won 18 out of 21 matches in a 4-tournament stretch, and 23 out of 27 matches in a 5-tournament stretch.

'2007 Ana' won over 30 matches in a row from April to the end of the year after having won the first set. '2008 Ana' killed that streak.

'2007 Ana' did not lose a match to Jankovic. The only other Ana's that played at least one match against Jankovic during her season that can also say that is '2005 Ana'(1-0 vs JJ) and so far '2011' Ana(1-0 vs JJ). '2007 Ana' beat Jelena 3 times, no losses.

'2007 Ana' drew praise and respect from her defeated opponents, like the comments made by Petrova after the '07 LA final. '2008 Ana' sometimes got disrespected by opponents and sometimes even accused of crap.

'2007 Ana' hit a 124 mph serve

'2007 Ana' had 2 YEC wins, which is 2 YEC wins more than all the other Ana's have combined.

'2007 Ana' had 2 wins against Sharapova, which is 2 Sharapova wins more than all the other Ana's have combined

'2007 Ana' won Berlin on a gimpy leg:hug: '2008 Ana' might have played through injury as well, but no chance in hell '2009 Ana', '2010 Ana' or '2011 Ana' would attempt that.:o

the list could go on and on about '2007 Ana's' greatness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/IDoLoveLOVE/AnaIvanovic3.jpg
:bowdown:

The 2nd Law
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM
OMG, when you put it like that - 2007 Ana :hearts:

azdaja
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
does anyone really think that 2008 was ana's best year overall? i don't even want to think about anything that happened after rg. but if we are thinking about the best period of ana's career, we have to add the first half of the 2008 to the overall year 2007. and i already forgot about the second half of 2006, but she won in canada that year, so it probably should be included as well.

InsideOut.
Apr 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM

08 RG Ana would win 7-6(4) 7-5. Tight though. But 07 LA Ana would have crushed the 08 USO Series Ana 6-1 6-0.

gaviotabr
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Random.. Azarenka hired Scott Byrnes to be her full time fitness coach this year, together with a physio Jean Pierre Bruyere, to get fitter and avoid injuries.

She does seem a lot fitter now. I've always thought Ana should have a physio apart from a fitness coach working with her.. should help avoid the small injuries she has so often.

And I miss Scott.. he holds the record of time permanence in Ana's team. 3 full years. Amazing.

JAS_
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
WOW Ana :hearts:
And for you :bowdown:
2007 Ana was not afraid of setting records.
'2007 Ana' had 14 top 10 wins. As of now, i believe Ana has a career total of 30 top 10 wins. Before the win against Dementieva in Beijing at the end of last year, half of her career top10 wins came from 2007, and the other half came from all of the other years combined.:lol:
2007 Ana = Fierce Ana

JAS_
Apr 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Random.. Azarenka hired Scott Byrnes to be her full time fitness coach this year, together with a physio Jean Pierre Bruyere, to get fitter and avoid injuries.

She does seem a lot fitter now. I've always thought Ana should have a physio apart from a fitness coach working with her.. should help avoid the small injuries she has so often.

And I miss Scott.. he holds the record of time permanence in Ana's team. 3 full years. Amazing.

Heinz working with Andrea, Byrnes with Azarenka... :bigcry:
And they are doing great.
Ana, maybe it is YOU? :mad::smash:

azdaja
Apr 15th, 2011, 02:06 PM
jürgen melzer beat federer. i thought i'd mention it here.

JAS_
Apr 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Had to put this article here, just for that pic of Alexandra - check out that muscle :hearts:)
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/196073/Srbija-ponovo-u-eliti-neverovatna-pobeda-u-dublu-za-32

gloria7
Apr 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Heh...Ernie is playing in Belgrade,he got the wild card. We can watch Ernests Gulbis,Viktors Troickis and Novaks Djokovics this week.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 19th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Gulbis is such a spoiled brat. A waste of talent.
Yeah, I count myself as a fan :oh: but he really needs to stop tossing whole matches away because of a bad call. :mad:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Interesting match going on in Sttutgart between JJ and Petko.

British commentator: "This match.. to me.. is ilogical." :lol:

Shinjiro
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
even better: "she has no right to win that point!!" :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
If Petko wins this match she will get ahead of Ana in the rankings.

She is playing pretty well.. very aggressive. JJ has trouble putting away balls with her FH. 2 shorts balls now and two lost points.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM
JJ hits a smash winner and screams... AJDEEEE! :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM
even better: "she has no right to win that point!!" :lol:

Commentators have been hilarious.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
If Petko wins this match she will get ahead of Ana in the rankings.

She is playing pretty well.. very aggressive. JJ has trouble putting away balls with her FH. 2 shorts balls now and two lost points.

Will that affect her seeding in Madrid and Rome?

gaviotabr
Petko's noise is so funny. Awoouufaa :lol:

Sharapovian
Another one: 'Her mind must be in a washing machine'

or something like that anyway :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Yes. But I think Ana will be 16th seed if Petko gets ahead or 15th seed if not.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Another one: 'Her mind must be in a washing machine'

or something like that anyway :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Petko's weight of shot is so much bigger than JJ's. She is hammering the ball. I wish Ana could watch these matches and see how the aggressive player always creates more chances. Ana can't start matches being a pusher.. she has to go for her shots from the get go.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
"This match doesn't suit her. She is completely overachieving." :lol: Commentators are hilarious.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Petko is slaughtering JJ right now.

Sharapovian
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM

I think I read on Ana's forum that Kanepi is dropping 150 points from some tournament so she will then be ranked behind Ana next week? Even if Petko does pass Ana, she will probably still be seeded because of Kim, Venus withdrawing.

So instead of maybe 15th seed she will be 16th as Izzy said.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
"This match doesn't suit her. She is completely overachieving." :lol: Commentators are hilarious.

Doesn't suit who? Petko? I think it suits her fine.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
But when do the Rome points drop off? Ana better make up those points in Madrid (if she is healthy).

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Yes. But I think Ana will be 16th seed if Petko gets ahead or 15th seed if not.

Seeds for Madrid should be:

Caroline Wozniacki
Vera Zvonareva
Francesca Schiavone
Vika Azarenka
Na Li
Samantha Stosur
Jelena Jankovic
Maria Sharapova
Shahar Peer
Marion Bartoli
Agnieszka Radwanska
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Kaia Kanepi
Ana Ivanovic
Andrea Petkovic
Petra Kvitova

I'm not sure if Venus will play though. If she does, she bumps Kvitova.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
But when do the Rome points drop off? Ana better make up those points in Madrid (if she is healthy).

Rome points drop off the week of Madrid. Ana will replace her Rome 2010 points with her Madrid 2011 points. Hopefully she is healthy and ready to play.

Shinjiro
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
"this match is a nightmare to call"

"unreadable."

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I think I read on Ana's forum that Kanepi is dropping 150 points from some tournament so she will then be ranked behind Ana next week? Even if Petko does pass Ana, she will probably still be seeded because of Kim, Venus withdrawing.

So instead of maybe 15th seed she will be 16th as Izzy said.

Kanepi will drop those points next week. She will fall behind Ana in the rankings to be released on may 2nd. By then Madrid will already have started, so it won't affect seedings for Madrid.

Yes, Ana will definitely be seeded I think.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Petko is slaughtering JJ right now.

Petko is just being too aggressive for JJ, who is making too many error for the kind of game she is trying to play.

Doesn't suit who? Petko? I think it suits her fine.

Yes, Petko. I also think it suits her fine.. JJ gives her all the time in the world to set up her aggressive shots and doesn't put her under pressure.

Sharapovian
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Kanepi will drop those points next week. She will fall behind Ana in the rankings to be released on may 2nd. By then Madrid will already have started, so it won't affect seedings for Madrid.

Yes, Ana will definitely be seeded I think.

Oh I didn't realise. Only Petko is really a possibility of passing Ana in next weeks rankings (Pavlyuchenkova lost, Kanepi, Kvitova aren't playing Stuttgart)

Even is Petko wins today, Ana will be ranked 18th as far as I can remember reading - Serena won't be playing, and if both Venus and Kim do withdraw she should get seeded :yeah:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Oh I didn't realise. Only Petko is really a possibility of passing Ana in next weeks rankings (Pavlyuchenkova lost, Kanepi, Kvitova aren't playing Stuttgart)

Even is Petko wins today, Ana will be ranked 18th as far as I can remember reading - Serena won't be playing, and if both Venus and Kim do withdraw she should get seeded :yeah:

Kim has already withdrawn, so Ana should be seeded.

Kanepi falling behind can help Ana being seeded in Rome.

Sharapovian
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Kim has already withdrawn, so Ana should be seeded.

Kanepi falling behind can help Ana being seeded in Rome.

Even better then - well for Ana anyway :oh:

Yes that should help her, but will Rome points be taken off before or after Rome?

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Even better then - well for Ana anyway :oh:

Yes that should help her, but will Rome points be taken off before or after Rome?

Rome seedings will be determined by the may 2nd rankings. Rome 2010 points will come off the week of may 9th, to be replaced by Madrid 2011 points.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:39 PM
3 DFs and JJ gifts the game. Petko to serve for the match.

Sharapovian
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Rome seedings will be determined by the may 2nd rankings. Rome 2010 points will come off the week of may 9th, to be replaced by Madrid 2011 points.

Thank you. :yeah:

It's quite confusing figuring out with all these tournament scheduling changes.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Being aggressive and going for your shots pays off. Petko wins.

I think Petko is well on her way to the top 10. She is playing really well.

Heinz doing the interview.. I miss Heinz.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Right, Petko is superaggressive. But the thing is, if you want to be aggressive, you also need to be laser precise, or else you will be an UE machine. But to be laser precise you need to hit thousands and thousands of shots to build muscle memory.
I wonder what Petko does with Woz on clay. Apparently Petko said clay is her favorite surface.
Sadly, JJ is not her old self and I have a hard time seeing her getting back.
But who knows?

azdaja
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM
well if ana won't step it up for me, andrea seems to be ready ;) and i like her new celebration - petkoheart :hearts:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Right, Petko is superaggressive. But the thing is, if you want to be aggressive, you also need to be laser precise, or else you will be an UE machine. But to be laser precise you need to hit thousands and thousands of shots to build muscle memory.
I wonder what Petko does with Woz on clay. Apparently Petko said clay is her favorite surface.

Yes, Petko has always said clay is her favorite surface. I don't think she is that much of a great mover on it.. some awkward slides and open stance shots from time to time, but she certainly feels confident on the surface and that is almost more important.

The commentator was saying how Petko worked very hard during the off season and is as fit as ever. She probably also hit tons and tons of shots to get the precision, because she is certainly a lot more precise now than before. I'm not sure how would she deal with someone who would actually attack her and get her under pressure and take time away from her, but she is definitely playing some great tennis at the moment.

I think she will do well against Woz. She will have time to set up her shots and to be aggressive. And Woz is not as good a mover on clay as she is on hard.. she loses a step. The thing with Woz is that she has the biggest weapon on tennis: mental strength. She is able to stay focused, and determined during the whole time. That is always tough to beat. Petko had blips in this match, and JJ certainly helped her with UEs that won't be coming from Woz's racquet. It's going to be an interesting match.

Sadly, JJ is not her old self and I have a hard time seeing her getting back.
But who knows?

Yeah.. JJ has been better.. Her lack of a killer punch in her FH really cost her today.

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
There are two things when it comes to mental strength Ana would benefit from developing -
one is obviously to stay confident and composed under pressure, and the other is just to be focused throughout, till the last point. The first one, well, I have no clue how she will develop if she doesn't purposefully address that by working on psychology. Obviously she is waiting for that one match, or that one shot to turn everything around :rolleyes:
Focusing on the other hand is something she could actually develop on her own, maybe, with targeted practice. These things alone give one a huge advantage over other girls.
But what can you do? She has no coach, no physio, no trainer, no nothing. I hope Cahill is the answer.

Sean.
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
:speakles: Did you guys see Vika just retired?

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM
There are two things when it comes to mental strength Ana would benefit from developing -
one is obviously to stay confident and composed under pressure, and the other is just to be focused throughout, till the last point. The first one, well, I have no clue how she will develop if she doesn't purposefully address that by working on psychology. Obviously she is waiting for that one match, or that one shot to turn everything around :rolleyes:
Focusing on the other hand is something she could actually develop on her own, maybe, with targeted practice. These things alone give one a huge advantage over other girls.
But what can you do? She has no coach, no physio, no trainer, no nothing. I hope Cahill is the answer.

Yes... actually, if she could only focus all the time, it would already make such a difference. Ana is prone to having tons of concentration dips. I can always tell when her concentration went away.

How can Cahill be the answer if he will barely be around? He won't be with her much at all, so it's hard to help or even to realize how to get her to focus or to work on mental strength. Especially considering Ana's denial about needing any mental help whatsoever.

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:15 PM
:speakles: Did you guys see Vika just retired?

Yeah.. it seems it's a right shoulder injury.. how did that happen?

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Yes... actually, if she could only focus all the time, it would already make such a difference. Ana is prone to having tons of concentration dips. I can always tell when her concentration went away.

How can Cahill be the answer if he will barely be around? He won't be with her much at all, so it's hard to help or even to realize how to get her to focus or to work on mental strength. Especially considering Ana's denial about needing any mental help whatsoever.

No, I just said I hope he's the answer, cause he's apparently the only one she has to work with. OK, him and Oliver. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
No, I just said I hope he's the answer, cause he's apparently the only one she has to work with. OK, him and Oliver. :sobbing:

Is there any player out there with less people on her "team"? :sobbing: Ana's team is almost only herself. :sobbing:

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Is there any player out there with less people on her "team"? :sobbing: Ana's team is almost only herself. :sobbing:

She will figure it all out by herself. Screw learning from others' mistakes. You are nothing if you don't learn EVERYTHING from experience. :help:
I just hope she is fit to play tennis at 96 years of age. :tape:

JAS_
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Vika retired again. She is worse than Ana when it comes to injuries. But at least in between retirements she is able to comeback strong enough to grab a title or two. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
She will figure it all out by herself. Screw learning from others' mistakes. You are nothing if you don't learn EVERYTHING from experience. :help:
I just hope she is fit to play tennis at 96 years of age. :tape:

:spit:

If only she would learn from experience... :sobbing: She keeps makng the same mistakes, over and over and over again. :help:

gaviotabr
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Vika retired again. She is worse than Ana when it comes to injuries. But at least in between retirements she is able to comeback strong enough to grab a title or two. :sobbing:

It seems she picked up a shoulder injury during Fed Cup. At least she doesn't let the injuries get to her head!

JAS_
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
Aga Radwanska beat Schiavone again. This is shaping up to be quite a clay season.
Plese Ana, I am begging you to get a grip. For just a couple of months that's all. Later you can do whatever you want.

Cajka
Apr 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
I just hope her ranking won't drop after Rome. It would be great to avoid top 8 players until 4th round. If she reaches it. :unsure:

Sharapovian
Apr 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Vera's playing Stosur and she's broken the strings of about 6 or 7 Prince rackets :lol:

She had to switch to a Babolat one (her hitting partners) then switched back to Prince and it broke again, now back to Babolat.

She only had 2 extra rackets in her bag so her poor coach has to keep going away to get the rackets re-strung.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
I watched the second set of Petko x Woz. This is the first time I actually feel like Woz can really win RG. Petko looked tired and out of steam, only a shadow of what she was yesterday, but Woz was flawless. She was actually attacking and going to the net.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
Vera's playing Stosur and she's broken the strings of about 6 or 7 Prince rackets :lol:

She had to switch to a Babolat one (her hitting partners) then switched back to Prince and it broke again, now back to Babolat.

She only had 2 extra rackets in her bag so her poor coach has to keep going away to get the rackets re-strung.

What an endorsement for Prince. What's wrong with Vera's racquets? She has had this issue a number of times before.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Aga Radwanska beat Schiavone again. This is shaping up to be quite a clay season.
Plese Ana, I am begging you to get a grip. For just a couple of months that's all. Later you can do whatever you want.

+1.

Focus, determination, action. Come on Ana, opportunities will come, take them!

azdaja
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
I watched the second set of Petko x Woz. This is the first time I actually feel like Woz can really win RG. Petko looked tired and out of steam, only a shadow of what she was yesterday, but Woz was flawless. She was actually attacking and going to the net.
yeah, but it was an epic meltdown from petko in the first set. in the first 5 games she dominated. and even after that she was 40-0 up 2 times iirc. wozniacki (or her father) found an answer. i guess andrea was tired as well, though.

JAS_
Apr 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Woz is certainly gaining confidence on clay. And with current form of the WTA who is going to stop her. Seriously if she wins RG this year, JJ and Ana both need to retire. JJ especially, with Schiavone winning before her, as well.
BUT, there is one big thing going against Woz in grand slams. No Piotr to tell her what to do.
That's our hope.
Ajde Ana! Or JJ

Sharapovian
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:16 PM
What an endorsement for Prince. What's wrong with Vera's racquets? She has had this issue a number of times before.

It ended up happening about 9 times :lol: when she used the hitting partners racket it was fine, but when she switched back it would happen time and time again. She seemed calm even with the constant racket changes, but did end up losing.

I don't think it's a flaw in the strings, but the racket as someone mentioned in GM.

It's not the strings that's the problem, it's her Prince rackets.
Vera Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings.
Zvonareva use Prince EXO3 Black rackets.

From her 2010 Rogers Cup interview: http://www.rogerscup.com/women/engli...eva_aug_23.doc

Q. At the end you seemed frustrated with your racquet?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I was having some issues with the racquets. The throat pieces, they keep breaking. If they break, my string always breaks in the throat of the racquet and then you cannot see if it is broken, and when you hit the ball it goes off. We are trying to fix the issue. It’s small things, but we’ll fix it. In the first match it broke three times. I know some other players were having the same problem. It doesn’t change anything about the game, but...

Again in her US Open semi-final against Wozniacki her strings broke what 4-5 times?

I can't believe Prince hasn't fixed this design flaw yet.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:47 PM
yeah, but it was an epic meltdown from petko in the first set. in the first 5 games she dominated. and even after that she was 40-0 up 2 times iirc. wozniacki (or her father) found an answer. i guess andrea was tired as well, though.

I didn't watch the first set.. but in the second Petko's shots were short and lacking power, comparing to the first 2 matches. I still thought Caro was playing very well though, not just pushing the ball back. It's also true that she is like a pitbull and can sense any hesitation and grab it.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:48 PM
It ended up happening about 9 times :lol: when she used the hitting partners racket it was fine, but when she switched back it would happen time and time again. She seemed calm even with the constant racket changes, but did end up losing.

I don't think it's a flaw in the strings, but the racket as someone mentioned in GM.

Yeah.. that's why I was saying that it's a very bad ad for Prince. Nobody wants a racket that breaks strings every 5 minutes. They should do something to fix this issue.

gaviotabr
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
Woz is certainly gaining confidence on clay. And with current form of the WTA who is going to stop her. Seriously if she wins RG this year, JJ and Ana both need to retire. JJ especially, with Schiavone winning before her, as well.
BUT, there is one big thing going against Woz in grand slams. No Piotr to tell her what to do.
That's our hope.
Ajde Ana! Or JJ

That's the thing.. nobody seems able to stop Caro. She has been winning almost everything outside of slams. With such a wide open RG ahead, someone has to play inspired tennis to beat her. She will definitely be very confident and determined going into it.

It's as Kuznetsova said in an interview during Marbella though.. girls like Caro and Vika, who are playing very well at the moment, don't really play clay court tennis. They play hard court tennis on clay. I just hope Ana can rise up to the ocasion, create great chances for herself and grab them. She can play clay court tennis beautifully, and if she plays to her ability, keeps herself healthy and focused, she can really do something big.

azdaja
Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:37 AM
I didn't watch the first set.. but in the second Petko's shots were short and lacking power, comparing to the first 2 matches. I still thought Caro was playing very well though, not just pushing the ball back. It's also true that she is like a pitbull and can sense any hesitation and grab it.
andrea was amaze at the beginning of the match. after a little help from piotr she let caro get into her head, though. seeing her go down from 40:0 up either on her serve or on caro's was just :facepalm: i'm sure she can find ways to beat her.

gloria7
Apr 22nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
It seems that Ana might be in Belgrade this weekend. It's been confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia,that all serbian tennis players,members of Davis and Fed Cup teams, will receive diplomatic passports. They should be awarded together, on monday,during the opening ceremony of Serbia Open 2011.

This is interesting..."All players will officially join the Union of professional tennis players of Serbia(UTPS)".Does anyone knows what is this all about? Does this mean that players are no longer members of TSS? Is this the diplomatic way to get rid of Zivojinovic? And who is founder of the newly formed Union?

gaviotabr
Apr 22nd, 2011, 09:01 PM
It seems that Ana might be in Belgrade this weekend. It's been confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia,that all serbian tennis players,members of Davis and Fed Cup teams, will receive diplomatic passports. They should be awarded together, on monday,during the opening ceremony of Serbia Open 2011.

This is interesting..."All players will officially join the Union of professional tennis players of Serbia(UTPS)".Does anyone knows what is this all about? Does this mean that players are no longer members of TSS? Is this the diplomatic way to get rid of Zivojinovic? And who is founder of the newly formed Union?

Thanks for the info Gloria. Interesting.. I'm not sure Ana will be there on monday though. She is probably working very hard on recovery and can't afford to miss a day. We'll see.

gaviotabr
Apr 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
andrea was amaze at the beginning of the match. after a little help from piotr she let caro get into her head, though. seeing her go down from 40:0 up either on her serve or on caro's was just :facepalm: i'm sure she can find ways to beat her.

Oh... I just saw that Andrea wrote she didn't have the strength to keep running with Caro on the same level. I guess that also played a part.

gaviotabr
Apr 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Petkovic had a twitter Q&A today and she mentioned Ana when asked who were her friends on tour:

isabelleanneet Isabelle Anneet
@
@andreapetkovic who are your friends on the tour ?
2 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@andreapetkovic
Andrea Petkovic
@isabelleanneet I love all my German girls and beautiful Ana Ivanovic of course. She's great!
2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

Cute! :)

Cp6uja
Apr 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM

This is interesting..."All players will officially join the Union of professional tennis players of Serbia(UTPS)".Does anyone knows what is this all about? Does this mean that players are no longer members of TSS? Is this the diplomatic way to get rid of Zivojinovic? And who is founder of the newly formed Union?Information about new pro-players Tennis Organization and decision of Serbian Government to give diplomatic passports to best Serbian Tennis players is not connected in any way. TSS will always be only official represent of Serbian tennis for ITF, ATP and WTA, but TSS can't ignore opinion about everything from this new organization which members will be all members of Serbian Davis Cup team and I guess at least Ana from FED CUP.

I can't see Ana goes to Belgrade at least in next 20 days (till end of Rome tournament). She is on Spanish territory already (about week before Madrid mandatory), so from Tenerife she can only goes to Madrid (or at least next week movement: Tenerife > Mallorca > Madrid). Even now when Ana is The Big Boss about everything (has no real team anymore) no way she will make such non-serious decision (from Tenerife to Madrid via Belgrade).

gaviotabr
Apr 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Goerges played a great match to win Stuttgart. Exactly how one should play to nulify Wozniacki's strengths. She pounced the FH side, went for BH DTLs, hit behind Woz. All with power and precision. Served well and was great at clutch moments. It really showed how Caro is a step slower on clay.

doni1212
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Julia did what Ana should've did last fall in that 1st set tiebreak!
Congrats to her!!

azdaja
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:12 PM
i'm beginning to think people who say caro will never win a slam make a lot of sense.

gaviotabr
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Julia did what Ana should've did last fall in that 1st set tiebreak!
Congrats to her!!

Yeah... the biggest difference is that Julia served above 70%.. over 80% in the first set. Ana served a 49% for that match in Beijing. Her serve really let her down there. In the second set, at one point, it was lower than 40%. Another thing that made the difference for Julia today and that Ana couldn't execute was the BH DTL. This is a crucial shot against Woz, and Julia was executing it very well today. Ana, on the other hand, couldn't hit one single BH DTL inside the court in Beijing. All were going out by milimitres. A better serving day and a few of those BHs going in and the match could've easily gone Ana's way.

gaviotabr
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
i'm beginning to think people who say caro will never win a slam make a lot of sense.

I think she is winning too many tour events for her not to win one.. at some point the same circunstances might happen at a slam. But it's true, and was proven today, that she is very vulnerable if she faces an inspired big hitter. And at slams the chance of her going up against at least 1 very inspired big hitter is a lot bigger than at a regular tour event.

azdaja
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I think she is winning too many tour events for her not to win one.. at some point the same circunstances might happen at a slam. But it's true, and was proven today, that she is very vulnerable if she faces an inspired big hitter. And at slams the chance of her going up against at least 1 very inspired big hitter is a lot bigger than at a regular tour event.
it's not like she is losing to goats. of course, the tour is a trainwreck now, so it might happen, but the major obstacle seems to be that at a gs she needs to beat 7 players in a row and the chances are, one of them might be too much for her.

i still think she would have lost to andrea if andrea had had more energy.

gaviotabr
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:42 PM
it's not like she is losing to goats. of course, the tour is a trainwreck now, so it might happen, but the major obstacle seems to be that at a gs she needs to beat 7 players in a row and the chances are, one of them might be too much for her.

i still think she would have lost to andrea if andrea had had more energy.

Maybe.. but that's the thing.. if she doesn't face any inspired big hitter in those 7 matches, whoever it is, then she might just end up with the title. Because there are many players who don't have the belief they can run with her and/or hit with precision for as much as it takes to win. Petko said she didn't have the energy.

At slams, having to play 7 matches, the chances of facing someone who is up for the task and can hit through her consistently is bigger than at regular tour events. Caro's game is very stable, it really doesn't have ups and downs. But it's also vulnerable somehow, as the match is usually on the other player's racquet.

jelenacg
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I also think Caro will win a GS at some point :shrug: But i also think that about Murray ,so who knows :lol:

She`ll definitelly make enough chances for it to happen ,bc she isn`t losing early at slams
I guess we`ll see if she`ll be mentally prepered for it .

But the thing is the more time passes and she stays slamless ,the harder will be to win a GS. Maybe for now she is ok with not having GS and so is the media,fans but this time next year ...i don`t think so :p

azdaja
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
i think caro is closer to winning a slam than murray :p but even that only because wta sucks balls right now.

gaviotabr
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I also think Caro will win a GS at some point :shrug: But i also think that about Murray ,so who knows :lol:

She`ll definitelly make enough chances for it to happen ,bc she isn`t losing early at slams
I guess we`ll see if she`ll be mentally prepered for it .

But the thing is the more time passes and she stays slamless ,the harder will be to win a GS. Maybe for now she is ok with not having GS and so is the media,fans but this time next year ...i don`t think so :p

I agree.. the longer it takes, the harder it will be. But she is still only 20 and seems very commited.

Sean.
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:46 PM

Unfortunately the laws of probability say she most likely will. The WTA isn't exactly ripe with people in form right now & Caro is consistent and mentally tough - which counts for a lot! Most inform players can beat her, but eventually she'll get lucky and get a good draw!

Goerges is totally overrated though, the kick serve will be attacked by the taller girls and the forehand will definitely be rushed off of clay (the swing is just too big). There's a reason Azarenka was a set up before she retired!

And lol at the haters comparing her to Ana, we all saw who won the battle of the forehands when they met in Linz (Luxembourg doesn't count, Ana was tired!).

azdaja
Apr 24th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately the laws of probability say she most likely will.
all true, and i am not a hater either, i don't care if she will make it or not, but i am now more inclined to think that she isn't going to win any. she is losing matches she shouldn't be losing. the law of probability might just pass on this one.

jelenacg
Apr 24th, 2011, 11:57 PM
all true, and i am not a hater either, i don't care if she will make it or not, but i am now more inclined to think that she isn't going to win any. she is losing matches she shouldn't be losing. the law of probability might just pass on this one.

Well not exactly :shrug:
There is a reason why she is 0/3 in finals of tournaments on clay. Clay is her weaker surface ,so her losing today is not that much of surprise

RG was the most unpredictable GS in last years but i think there is a bigger chance of Caro winning USO/AO than RG/W :shrug:

Sean.
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:39 AM

Piotr turns a lot of matches around for her too, which he obviously can't do in slams.

JAS_
Apr 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Venus and Serena out of Madrid and Rome, Kim only Madrid as of yet. After Rome Venus projected to fall out of top 30 and Serena top 20, it looks like.
http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=11689&zoneid=25

gaviotabr
Apr 28th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Venus and Serena out of Madrid and Rome, Kim only Madrid as of yet. After Rome Venus projected to fall out of top 30 and Serena top 20, it looks like.
http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=11689&zoneid=25

I miss watching Serena.. I really do. At this point, with her missing out one whole year, and having to go through such serious condition as pulmonary embolism, I'm not sure how the comeback is going to go..

RG AND Wimbledon are going to be so wide open.

Sean.
Apr 28th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Ana will definitely draw Serena early in RG. :o

Cp6uja
Apr 29th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Ana will definitely draw Serena early in RG. :oIt will be perfect for Ana's confidence. Serena at her by far worst and less favorite surface after hard injury and 10 months of pause should to be perfect opponent for high-motivated Ana :shrug:

I'm dead serious early this month when I say that we should to prey for Ana at RG2011 draw TO GET Clijsters, Serena or/and Venus very early :shrug:

doni1212
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I seriously doubt that Serena will play the FO. She JUST started practicing again. No way.

JAS_
Apr 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Vera's ex coach apparently said this: "I know girls’ psychology, so let’s wait 4 offers"

He must have read Ana's requirements for a coach. :scared:

InsideOut.
Apr 29th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, more like girls' anatomy :spit:

Cajka
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
It will be perfect for Ana's confidence. Serena at her by far worst and less favorite surface after hard injury and 10 months of pause should to be perfect opponent for high-motivated Ana :shrug:

I'm dead serious early this month when I say that we should to prey for Ana at RG2011 draw TO GET Clijsters, Serena or/and Venus very early :shrug:

This. Even if she loses, it's better to lose to Serena than to Peer or Kleybanova.

Sean.
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Vera's ex coach apparently said this: "I know girls’ psychology, so let’s wait 4 offers"

He must have read Ana's requirements for a coach. :scared:

Yes he did. The guy's deluded! No man understands how women think. :lol:

gaviotabr
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
This. Even if she loses, it's better to lose to Serena than to Peer or Kleybanova.

But.. it's better to lose to Serena in a semi final than in a 3rd round. :shrug:

Cajka
Apr 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
But.. it's better to lose to Serena in a semi final than in a 3rd round. :shrug:

Of course, I mentioned that 'cause she's been losing to those players early. She's been losing in first and second rounds of slams since Wimbledon 2008. Playing against WS or Kim and eventually winning could make a miracle. I'm somehow convinced that she can beat Serena, Venus or Kim on clay. I'm more afraid of players like Radwanska, Kleybanova, Peer etc. Those girls made me suffer so many times. :bigcry:

gaviotabr
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
This part of the draw is really weak, considering Zvonareva is losing to Patty:

Kvitova
Dulgheru

Q
Q

Q
Vesnina

Patty
Zvonareva

:tape:

gaviotabr
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
What is in the water in Madrid? Radwanska also dropped the first set to Shvedova. :scratch:

jelenacg
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Who cares ,as long as Ana doesn`t drink that water :spit::lol:
Seriously ,i`m not getting very exited about Madrid bc of the injury .God knows if she can even serve properly .

This better not be AO all over again :smash::smash:

gaviotabr
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Who cares ,as long as Ana doesn`t drink that water :spit::lol:

:lol: True.

Seriously ,i`m not getting very exited about Madrid bc of the injury .God knows if she can even serve properly .

This better not be AO all over again :smash::smash:

Yeah.. that is my worry as well.. Will she even be able to serve? The last time it flared up over a BH, so it's also unpredictable..

I hope she is ok to play though. It would be smarter to just skip the tournament if she is not ready to play. We saw that playing AO did her no favors.

Sharapovian
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM
This part of the draw is really weak, considering Zvonareva is losing to Patty:

Kvitova
Dulgheru

Q
Q

Q
Vesnina

Patty
Zvonareva

:tape:

I know apart from Kvitova, and Zvonareva (if she was playing well) the rest is weaker compared to other parts of the draw. 3 qualifiers in that section!

Sharapova who is in the top part of that section, has the likes of Wickmayer, Cibulkova, and Kuznetsova all in there - Not all of them have been in good form/have had injuries so I'm hoping that is the case for this tournament at least :p :lol:

And of course hoping Ana does well.

gaviotabr
Apr 30th, 2011, 02:52 PM
6 games in a row and Vera wins. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
This is not an article on Ana.. but I just read an interview with Bernardinho, the super winner volleyball coach I mentioned the other day, and I had to come and post a couple of quotes:

You've built an image that is synonymous with victory. How the search and that spirit of not being used to defeat affected your life?
- You can not get used to anything. Not with the victory or the defeat. Must always avoid being satisfied. The defeat has to bring you quickly to raise the guard and move on to change your path. The victory is important for you to know that you need to do something else, be better, because it will not come automatic. The thing that worries me when I question myself, my way and my future is I that can not, when an important competition ends, to have just the feeling of relief and not feel the joy, the happiness of doing what I do. That is what I need to think.

The world has changed a lot over the last ten years. What else caught your attention?
-It did change. I think you have to be more prepared to have a chance. Must master the tools, ways and technology that are increasingly found, obtain more training. There is increasingly less room for people that are only talented or just intuitive. You must take possession of new things. With the speed with which everything is happening, very few people look inward, and increasingly judge others. Throw stones at others and don't want to be judged. This distance of core values ​​bothers me.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/volei/noticia/2011/05/bernardinho-completa-dez-anos-na-selecao-e-diz-ter-folego-para-mais.html

He also says that being in a hurry to acomplish things can be a big asset. There is no time to waste. Lot's of great quotes in the article.

I think he is 100% right.. says a lot.

gloria7
May 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
This day is a real tragedy for ES. My God, am i glad! Two days ago CW played against Boka and i watched that match on ES. There was 1st rerun of that match just 2 and a half hours later. But torture wasn't over, oh, no! 2nd rerun of the match was at 22pm on ES2. Yesterday,3rd rerun, at 15.30 and 4th at 18.30. Live match and 4 reruns in more than 24h. Every time when she plays. FOR. A. YEAR. AND. A. HALF....5 TIMES A DAY. The other former No1 never had such a treatment on ES - Kim, Ana, JJ, Dina...never. They made a precedent when they broadcasted directly her exho with Vika in Belarus, while they entertained the last Eastern European dictator. Did we saw Kim,Rafa,Fed,Serena or Nole's exho on ES or ES? NO. NEVER.
So she lost today. Should i conclude that there wont be rerun of her defeat today? Awwwwwww....

JAS_
May 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
BMS still in action.
Which player is this in row that Ana infuses with confidence to go far in the tourney where they beat her?
I know there are many, but I can't get past Czink. That loss really damaged my brain.
And who wouldn't feel confident having snatched such a win from the jaws of defeat? Who wouldn't feel confident after being bageled and broken and still living to tell the story?
Ana creating hot streak players who will evaporate in the next tourney - so sick and tired of it. :crying2:

gaviotabr
May 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
BMS still in action.
Which player is this in row that Ana infuses with confidence to go far in the tourney where they beat her?
I know there are many, but I can't get past Czink. That loss really damaged my brain.
And who wouldn't feel confident having snatched such a win from the jaws of defeat? Who wouldn't feel confident after being bageled and broken and still living to tell the story?
Ana creating hot streak players who will evaporate in the next tourney - so sick and tired of it. :crying2:

Ana loves to help people out.. she loves even more to give career bests to her fellow players. You know.. thanks to Ana Julie Coin is still playing pro tennis. ;)

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2011, 05:24 AM

I had a baseline seat for that disaster. Never posted this pic before, and i serious warn to everyone to look at it your own risk. Very depressing glimpse from that day.:sad: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3852/dsc00422ym.jpg

As for Madrid, what a boring tournament this has been.:help: I guess Goerges is the new flavor of the month. To be honest, i like this flavor a lot:drool: but other than a couple of her matches, not really any good matches from what i saw of Madrid.
Go Vika in the final!
One question though- during the Goerges/Pavlyuchenkova match, Pav hit a drop shot with so much spin on it that after it landed on Julia's side, it came close to bouncing right back up and over the net onto her own side. If that were to actually happen, Goerges would have won the point, right?:confused:

JAS_
May 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I had a baseline seat for that disaster. Never posted this pic before, and i serious warn to everyone to look at it your own risk. Very depressing glimpse from that day.:sad: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3852/dsc00422ym.jpg

As for Madrid, what a boring tournament this has been.:help: I guess Goerges is the new flavor of the month. To be honest, i like this flavor a lot:drool: but other than a couple of her matches, not really any good matches from what i saw of Madrid.
Go Vika in the final!
One question though- during the Goerges/Pavlyuchenkova match, Pav hit a drop shot with so much spin on it that after it landed on Julia's side, it came close to bouncing right back up and over the net onto her own side. If that were to actually happen, Goerges would have won the point, right?:confused:

Awwww you witnessed it live :hug:
I loved that dress and the lavender colored one. She noever got to wear them much. They would have been my fave just next to the orange and blue AO and FO 08 dresses. Too bad.

As for you other question that is interesting but I think that the point probably should have gone to Pavs.

I am just reasoning, don't know for sure, but don't see what is the difference between Pavs' court and the outside of Goerges' court. I guess the ball has to hit your opponents court for you to win point and it's up to you to hit it in such a way that (s)he cannot return it. I think it doesn't matter where the second bounce is - the stands or your own court. And if you hit those gigantic moonballs so that the ball flies over your opponent into the stands after hitting their court, I would assume the point also belongs to you. It's up to you to come up with a shot that is inconvenient for them to hit back. Presumably if Goerges was close enough to hit it, she could have done so regardless of the trajectory of that ball.

But this is my guessing. Probably Izzy will know for sure.

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I loved that dress and the lavender colored one. She noever got to wear them much. They would have been my fave just next to the orange and blue AO and FO 08 dresses. Too bad.

As for you other question that is interesting but I think that the point probably should have gone to Pavs.

I am just reasoning, don't know for sure, but don't see what is the difference between Pavs' court and the outside of Goerges' court. I guess the ball has to hit your opponents court for you to win point and it's up to you to hit it in such a way that (s)he cannot return it. I think it doesn't matter where the second bounce is - the stands or your own court. And if you hit those gigantic moonballs so that the ball flies over your opponent into the stands after hitting their court, I would assume the point also belongs to you. It's up to you to come up with a shot that is inconvenient for them to hit back. Presumably if Goerges was close enough to hit it, she could have done so regardless of the trajectory of that ball.

Good points, youre probably right. If anyone knows for sure what the ruling would be, would love to hear. I cut out the point and uploaded it to youtube if anyone wants to see it. Funny how Pavlyuchenkova starts walking after she hits it:lol:

i7pmSZ2U9Ds

better to see on full screen

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Good points, youre probably right. If anyone knows for sure what the ruling would be, would love to hear. I cut out the point and uploaded it to youtube if anyone wants to see it. Funny how Pavlyuchenkova starts walking after she hits it:lol:

i7pmSZ2U9Ds

better to see on full screen

Cool point Jonny!

The rule is that if you hit a shot and it goes back to your own court without your opponent touching it, you win the point. Julia could go over the net, without touching it, to hit the ball though if she could. I remember one particular point in a Venus-ARad match at the USO 2009, in which ARad hit a drop shot like this and Venus was able to touch it back with the ball already going over the net back into ARad's court, winning the point. But if she had not touched it, it would be point ARad.

I love hitting those drop shots... we call it zigzira here. My coach and I used to have bets to see who could hit more of those shots in our practice matches. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM

That's the right explanation actually. ;)

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Cool point Jonny!

The rule is that if you hit a shot and it goes back to your own court without your opponent touching it, you win the point. Julia could go over the net, without touching it, to hit the ball though if she could. I remember one particular point in a Venus-ARad match at the USO 2009, in which ARad hit a drop shot like this and Venus was able to touch it back with the ball already going over the net back into ARad's court, winning the point. But if she had not touched it, it would be point ARad.

I love hitting those drop shots... we call it zigzira here. My coach and I used to have bets with who could hit more of those shots in our practice matches. :lol:

thanks for the explanation izzy.:) If i was ump i wouldve totally blown the call had it happened.:lol:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
thanks for the explanation izzy.:) If i was ump i wouldve totally blown the call had it happened.:lol:

Why would you think it would be the other player's point?

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Why would you think it would be the other player's point?

yeah, i wouldve marked it as Pavlyuchenkova hitting a winner on herself:p

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
yeah, i wouldve marked it as Pavlyuchenkova hitting a winner on herself:p

JAS_
May 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Nice shot.
Hey guys, do you like my new avie? ;)

JAS_
May 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Been bored so went to the GM a bit. OMG the kind of idiotic threads they have.
If Serena never existed who would have won the GS titles?:smash:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Nice shot.
Hey guys, do you like my new avie? ;)

I like it! :p I hope we have another match like that with the same result! :D:cool:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Been bored so went to the GM a bit. OMG the kind of idiotic threads they have.
If Serena never existed who would have won the GS titles?:smash:

:lol::spit:

I miss Serena... :cry:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Kvitova is killing it in Madrid right now. Winners left and right.