View Full Version : anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

jelenacg
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Enough time for Kim to regroup until she plays Ana :o:rolleyes:
They never play this awful again Ana :ras:

Davodus
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
What a shocking match :lol: Well Kim can have those days then come out the next day and win 6-0 6-0. It wont really bother her, it was just a disgusting match :lol:

Orbis
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Enough time for Kim to regroup until she plays Ana :o:rolleyes:
They never play this awful again Ana :ras:

Yeah I hate how the big 4 (almost) always play very well against Ana then have these utter stinkfests against other random players :lol: Though I guess Ana should step up her game but it still sucks...the fact that the big 4 play well against her, not Ana's game I mean :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jan 17th, 2011, 02:41 AM
No-one should wonder why Wozniacki has haters if you had the privilege of watching her match VS Dulko. :help:

The 2nd Law
Jan 17th, 2011, 02:43 AM
No-one should wonder why Wozniacki has haters if you had the privilege of watching her match VS Dulko. :help:

Agreed. That match was on Gisela's racket.

doni1212
Jan 17th, 2011, 02:59 AM
It was and I'm mad she made all those stupid errors, :o

Pops Maellard
Jan 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I think Djokovic is one of the best players to watch on either tour because he makes beautiful winners but also defends really excellently. One of the best all-round games in current tennis.

Cp6uja
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I will repeat this once again, like so many times in past 30 months:

Passive Ana even at her best is just mediocre TOP50 player.
Aggressive Ana at her best is elite TOP5 player.

I just hope this chickenhearted (for Ana standards) game plan against Makarova at AO 1st round is just product of her own improvisation and panic attack... not experiment of her new coach - otherwise he should to be fired immediately! Back ball in the court is probably perfect strategy for Vika Azarenka or Vera Zvonareva to easy trash Makarova-like type of opponents, but not for Ana Ivanovic for sure, and if he not notice how different she is in last 5 years, at least in last 5 weeks should to note that for sure!

5 months ago Ana played 2nd round of US Open against same this Makarova hitting 27 vs 9 winners in 6-3 6-2 win, and today they played more than double more games and stats for winners are 36 vs 33 (from 3:1 to 1:1 ratio).

Only positive things from this match is to see once again her fighting spirit, her improvement fitness, and to see that stomach injury probably belong to past.

it-girl
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Has anyone thought about the fact that Ana depended on defense and counter punching because she could not use her core(abs) to hit her big winners on a consistent basis? We all know Ana has been playing better but I think we may be underestimating her ab tear. I have never seen Ana play a match being that passive. I am ashamed that I did not think of this while the match was still on.

I will say that she has a lot of fight because she gave it her all even when she wasn't able to play her best. Ana has never done that much running in a match and the fact that she was content to continue this style of play even when it was not working says a lot. I honestly think she played the best that she could but we were all concerned this could be an issue even before the match and we had a right to be.

Ana can use this time to recover.

The Witch-king
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I think Djokovic is one of the best players to watch on either tour because he makes beautiful winners but also defends really excellently. One of the best all-round games in current tennis.

I like to watch him as well... but I hate his personality. go figure :lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I will repeat this once again, like so many times in past 30 months:

Passive Ana even at her best is just mediocre TOP50 player.
Aggressive Ana at her best is elite TOP5 player.

I just hope this chickenhearted (for Ana standards) game plan against Makarova at AO 1st round is just product of her own improvisation and panic attack... not experiment of her new coach - otherwise he should to be fired immediately! Back ball in the court is probably perfect strategy for Vika Azarenka or Vera Zvonareva to easy trash Makarova-like type of opponents, but not for Ana Ivanovic for sure, and if he not notice how different she is in last 5 years, at least in last 5 weeks should to note that for sure!

5 months ago Ana played 2nd round of US Open against same this Makarova hitting 27 vs 9 winners in 6-3 6-2 win, and today they played more than double more games and stats for winners are 36 vs 33 (from 3:1 to 1:1 ratio).

Only positive things from this match is to see once again her fighting spirit, her improvement fitness, and to see that stomach injury probably belong to past.

I agree with you. Pusher Ana can't win...

But I don't agree with the last part. Ana was definitely affected by the injury. It came a time she just couldn't serve anymore, and that was due to the injury. And by th end of the match Ana was dead tired, she couldn't stay with Makarova in rallies.. her feet were stuck and she lost all of her timing.

gaviotabr
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Has anyone thought about the fact that Ana depended on defense and counter punching because she could not use her core(abs) to hit her big winners on a consistent basis? We all know Ana has been playing better but I think we may be underestimating her ab tear. I have never seen Ana play a match being that passive. I am ashamed that I did not think of this while the match was still on.

I will say that she has a lot of fight because she gave it her all even when she wasn't able to play her best. Ana has never done that much running in a match and the fact that she was content to continue this style of play even when it was not working says a lot. I honestly think she played the best that she could but we were all concerned this could be an issue even before the match and we had a right to be.

Ana can use this time to recover.

I think the injury definitely played a part. Especially in how her serve completely deserted her from the middle of the second set on.

But I've already seen Ana playing matches like this.. being a pusher.. this is how she lost so many matches during the slump. Today's match was vintasge slumping Ana. Awful.

Pops Maellard
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Anyone watching Simon VS Federer? Dayum, what a match. :eek:

The 2nd Law
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
GO GILLES!!!!! Not that I hate Fed but how exciting!

Pops Maellard
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
GO GILLES!!!!! Not that I hate Fed but how exciting!

Simon's been quite amazing. And I'm a fan so hopefully he wins. :lol:

The 2nd Law
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Simon's been quite amazing. And I'm a fan so hopefully he wins. :lol:

allez :cheer:

Pops Maellard
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Poor Mirka...she reminds me of Mommy Vera. :lol:

The Witch-king
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Federer only loses in the same round as Venus these days :o

The 2nd Law
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Well, Ana got what she wanted. Macarena into the 4th round :lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Well, Ana got what she wanted. Macarena into the 4th round :lol:

Yes.. should've been Ana though, but she decided to play like a pusher and lose her head mid match. :o

Anyway.. who else thinks Wozniacki will somehow end up with the title? I mean.. I saw Kim against Cornet and she was honestly awful.. who else can beat her? :help:

bruce goose
Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Yes.. should've been Ana though, but she decided to play like a pusher and lose her head mid match. :o

Anyway.. who else thinks Wozniacki will somehow end up with the title? I mean.. I saw Kim against Cornet and she was honestly awful.. who else can beat her? :help:Sorry to be argumentative,Isabela,but Kuzy only had 11 winners in her victory that preceded the Henin match...and Stosur only had 11 in her loss yesterday...Justine only 20 in HER loss....Are we gonna see a tidal wave of Einsteinian GM threads that Sveta,Henin and Stosur are destroying women's tennis?:lol:

Cp6uja
Jan 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM

Anyway.. who else thinks Wozniacki will somehow end up with the title? I mean.. I saw Kim against Cornet and she was honestly awful.. who else can beat her? :help:I'm pretty sure that current Wozniacki game style still by far more suits to faster hardcourt surface than this medium-fast Plexicushion. She can't use enough effective power of opponents shots against them like at fast HC and also hers half-offensive attacking shots are not so danger on slower surface where opponent have chance to regroup and attack her again. According to experts picks and bookmakers odds Caro is bold favorite to reach AO final from TOP half of AO draw, but I don't see her there. Since Henin lose I have no idea who will stop Wozniacki, but anyone (except Sevastova) can beat her on this surface. BTW Kim Clijsters will probably win whole thing. Yesterdays pathetic match means nothing. Remember US Open when after great victory against Ana she played awful tennis in QF vs Stosur, but in SF and final she is again brilliant against Venus and Zvonareva.

Back to Makarova :fiery::mad::o case once again, I still can't believe how passive is Ana that day. Average speed of Makarova 2nd serve is permanently UNDER-120 kmh :tape::tape::tape: in all three matches which she played there, so of course against Petrova, and even vs half-amateur ITF Tsurenko she reach under-40% pts on 2nd serve. But against passive Ana she won over-50% pts :help: In normal circumstances Ana is known as one of most cruel attackers on opponents weak 2nd serve, and just about 2 weeks ago she on such impressive way attacked even former ATP#1 Lleyton Hewitt 2nd serve (way better than Makarova 1st)... but in tuesday Ana is so hopeless, especially in that giant 3rd set since 3-1 lead. I think she should already to fire van Grichen, b/c she is so often look to hers box and her tactics became more pusher-like, so I guess message from her box is "BE (even more) PATIENT" which in Ana case is real suicide. When Heinz is Ana coach, and she lose some match b/c obvious passivity she always blame at pressers herself that need to be more aggressive and should play like she is prepared for match on practice court. But this time she blame her bad fitness :tape: (inability to stay even longer in points), which means this push-push strategy is probably hers real tactic for Makarova match, not result of some panic attack improvisation :shrug: If that is true Antonio don't deserve 2nd chance because Grand Slams is too big things in tennis and last thing which Ivanovic needs after 2010 end of season comeback is another "experiment".

jelenacg
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Schiavone and Kuznetsova played almost 5h :eek:
I only watched last hour ,nice to see Sveta finally playing some good tennis even if she lost

Why is Ana still in Melbourne ?? I hope she is at least practicing with Van Grichen

Pops Maellard
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
And of course Woz gets the winner of that marathon match. I swear to God that girl's made a deal with the devil or something.

doni1212
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it's ridiculous!

doni1212
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Schiavone and Kuznetsova played almost 5h :eek:
I only watched last hour ,nice to see Sveta finally playing some good tennis even if she lost

Why is Ana still in Melbourne ?? I hope she is at least practicing with Van Grichen

She said before the start of the tournament that she planned to stay the entire 2 weeks, win or lose. Probably to spend more time with her family, :shrug:

jelenacg
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
And of course Woz gets the winner of that marathon match. I swear to God that girl's made a deal with the devil or something.

:lol:
Imagine i couldn`t even watch Maria`s match bc ES decided to show rerun of Caro`s match .I mean this is really too much :rolls: Showing reruns while there are live matches :rolleyes:

She said before the start of the tournament that she planned to stay the entire 2 weeks, win or lose. Probably to spend more time with her family, :shrug:

I didn`t know that ,thanks
And hopefully to practice more :lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that current Wozniacki game style still by far more suits to faster hardcourt surface than this medium-fast Plexicushion. She can't use enough effective power of opponents shots against them like at fast HC and also hers half-offensive attacking shots are not so danger on slower surface where opponent have chance to regroup and attack her again. According to experts picks and bookmakers odds Caro is bold favorite to reach AO final from TOP half of AO draw, but I don't see her there. Since Henin lose I have no idea who will stop Wozniacki, but anyone (except Sevastova) can beat her on this surface. BTW Kim Clijsters will probably win whole thing. Yesterdays pathetic match means nothing. Remember US Open when after great victory against Ana she played awful tennis in QF vs Stosur, but in SF and final she is again brilliant against Venus and Zvonareva.

I can totally understand your reasoning.. and it makes all the sense in the world. But... there is something going on now.. it's like the universe is working on Woz's favor. Everything is happening her way. She would have to face an on fire Bartoli, and Marion got injured. She could face Henin, and Justine played one of her most brainless matches ever. Then she could face Sveta, who did play great against Henin, but she goes down after having 6 MPs in a 4+ hours match. Now she has Schiavone, who has less than 2 days to recover of a being a hero in one of the best matches the AO has seen, but who is 30 and went into this tournament with injury issues. I wouldn't be surprised if she has to retire from the QF match. And if she doesn't, it will most probably be a 1 and 1 sort of beatdown.

You see.. it's like the whole universe is conspiring to get her the title. And when that happens, it defies logic. Doesn't matter if that is not your best surface or if there were opponents playing better at some point. :shrug:

Back to Makarova :fiery::mad::o case once again, I still can't believe how passive is Ana that day. Average speed of Makarova 2nd serve is permanently UNDER-120 kmh :tape::tape::tape: in all three matches which she played there, so of course against Petrova, and even vs half-amateur ITF Tsurenko she reach under-40% pts on 2nd serve. But against passive Ana she won over-50% pts :help: In normal circumstances Ana is known as one of most cruel attackers on opponents weak 2nd serve, and just about 2 weeks ago she on such impressive way attacked even former ATP#1 Lleyton Hewitt 2nd serve (way better than Makarova 1st)... but in tuesday Ana is so hopeless, especially in that giant 3rd set since 3-1 lead. I think she should already to fire van Grichen, b/c she is so often look to hers box and her tactics became more pusher-like, so I guess message from her box is "BE (even more) PATIENT" which in Ana case is real suicide. When Heinz is Ana coach, and she lose some match b/c obvious passivity she always blame at pressers herself that need to be more aggressive and should play like she is prepared for match on practice court. But this time she blame her bad fitness :tape: (inability to stay even longer in points), which means this push-push strategy is probably hers real tactic for Makarova match, not result of some panic attack improvisation :shrug: If that is true Antonio don't deserve 2nd chance because Grand Slams is too big things in tennis and last thing which Ivanovic needs after 2010 end of season comeback is another "experiment".

You know.. I agree. I still can't get over how passive Ana was. And I can't believe people liked her presser.. it was awful.. she didn't even know really why she lost, and it was obvious to anyone watching. I can't remember 1 big FH in an important point.. I think the tale of the match can be told by the 5-5 BP point. Ana had a short ball to her FH and the whole CC open.. what did she do? Roll back the FH to Makarova and start the point all over again, when she had a clear chance to take it.

This is not only about being aggressive.. but also having the courage to do so when it really matters. Ana used to master that and was constantly rewarded. Now she doesn't and pays the price.

I also noticed how she was returning serve like crap. I think she only hit 1 single return winner.. and while she seemed desperate to hit a FH return, she would often just roll it back. And Makarova was puff serving for most of it. I don't get it.

As for Van Grichen.. I'm not feeling confidence in him honestly. Not only strategy and game wise.. I think he can't really help Ana mentally.. and that's where she most needs help. The match should never have got to a third set, passive play or not. But Ana completely lost concentration once she missed all those BPs early in the second. She let the match slip away, and that problem lies in the head. This kind of match was what got her deep into the slump.. she kept losing matches like this over and over and over again. The same pattern. I hope she cuts this short now.

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM

I think the universe is working for her to end up with the title somehow in the end. She hasn't even played well, but all her opponents and falling like flies.

Yes.. she said: "I'm planning on staying in Melbourne the whole 2 weeks anyway, I hope to play the whole 2 weeks." :sobbing: Not even 2 days.. :sobbing:

She is going from Melbourne straight to Pattaya according to some Thay reports.

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM

I wonder if Ana took some days off after the loss.. She might have done it to do more recovery on the abdominal injury.

She must have been around today to practice, since she had Marija and Van Grichen there as well.

Pops Maellard
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
I'm so over having favourites that suck. Not a single one of my faves has had a good AO. Most of them fucking awful actually.

Thank God for ATP.

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
I'm so over having favourites that suck. Not a single one of my faves has had a good AO. Most of them fucking awful actually.

Thank God for ATP.

At least you have more faves.. I only have Ana.. I haven't really enjoyed a Grand Slam in 3 years.. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Thank God for ATP.You have extremely low expectations of God:lol:....That's like saying,'Thank God for drool'...or 'Thank God for bottle caps that people drop on the ground'....Of course,if you enjoy a ZERO drama sport where only TWO people are capable of winning a significant title,then have at it!!:p

You lied,though,Aaron,because I could prove that you've been jumping on the Petra bandwagon by showing your posts here...and I think we can both agree that she's doing QUITE well;)

For those suffering from amnesia...in other words,almost everyone:lol:...THIS was Ana's 'Killer Draw' when she won 2008 RG

Arvidsson
Safarova
Caro(2008 clay version)
Cetkovska
Schnyder
JJ
Safina

That would've evoked a big yawn from Serena,Venus,Graf,or Henin in their heydays...but I'm just glad that Sweet Ana:angel: won

IF Caroline wins the AO--and to assure you haters,that's still a big 'if'--she'll have beaten the defending RG champion and,probably,Kim as well...both worthy opponents and previous Slam-winners...as compared with the zero GS stalwarts that Ana faced in 2008......Integrity,anyone?;).....Still hoping for that Carovanovic Reign in the WTA

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
You have extremely low expectations of God:lol:....That's like saying,'Thank God for drool'...or 'Thank God for bottle caps that people drop on the ground'....Of course,if you enjoy a ZERO drama sport where only TWO people are capable of winning a significant title,then have at it!!:p

You lied,though,Aaron,because I could prove that you've been jumping on the Petra bandwagon by showing your posts here...and I think we can both agree that she's doing QUITE well;)

For those suffering from amnesia...in other words,almost everyone:lol:...THIS was Ana's 'Killer Draw' when she won 2008 RG

Arvidsson
Safarova
Caro(2008 clay version)
Cetkovska
Schnyder
JJ
Safina

That would've evoked a big yawn from Serena,Venus,Graf,or Henin in their heydays...but I'm just glad that Sweet Ana:angel: won

IF Caroline wins the AO--and to assure you haters,that's still a big 'if'--she'll have beaten the defending RG champion and,probably,Kim as well...both worthy opponents and previous Slam-winners...as compared with the zero GS stalwarts that Ana faced in 2008......Integrity,anyone?;).....Still hoping for that Carovanovic Reign in the WTA

Yeah.. like an injured Schiavone, who is 30 and coming off a 5 hour match, is some force to be reckoned with. Come on Bruce.. we all know you are a super Caro KAD now, but some perspective is always welcome. If Woz faces and beats Kim in the final she will have all my respect. But otherwise, don't even compare her draw to Ana's. Ana's wasn't particularly strong, but she beat the 2 best clay court players of that season. People should always remember Safina won Berlin and JJ won Rome, so they were the 2 in form players coming into the tournament, and Ana beat both.

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah.. like an injured Schiavone, who is 30 and coming off a 5 hour match, is some force to be reckoned with. Come on Bruce.. we all know you are a super Caro KAD now, but some perspective is always welcome. If Woz faces and beats Kim in the final she will have all my respect. But otherwise, don't even compare her draw to Ana's. Ana's wasn't particularly strong, but she beat the 2 best clay court players of that season. People should always remember Safina won Berlin and JJ won Rome, so they were the 2 in form players coming into the tournament, and Ana beat both.At least you're TRYING to be fair,Isabela,but Fran couldn't be THAT injured or else she wouldn't have survived the match...PLUS she'll have had a day of rest...I don't know what KAD stands for but I'm pretty sure it=Devoted Fan,and I fit that description for Caro AND Ana.....I remember Dinara's season quite well as those were the glory days:o...and I can UN-objectively say that she is an IDEAL opponent in a GS final...and,as we've seen,JJ doesn't have a strong Slam history,either...and I defend Jelena much more than most Ana fans because I greatly respect her H2H vs. the WS

I'll remind you that you were terrified of a Caro RG title last year when Fran beat her;)...and Na Li wouldn't be any cakewalk in the semis if CW made it that far

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Almost forgot to say :worship::worship: to Fran and Sveta...though neither is a Cover Girl,they both produced some beautiful tennis.One of the reporters tried to compare the match to the worthless,painful-to-watch marathon of One-dimensional ATP Crap Tennis that Inbred Isner and Mahut produced at Wimby last year...that's like comparing giraffes to pygmy monkeys:lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
At least you're TRYING to be fair,Isabela,but Fran couldn't be THAT injured or else she wouldn't have survived the match...PLUS she'll have had a day of rest...I don't know what KAD stands for but I'm pretty sure it=Devoted Fan,and I fit that description for Caro AND Ana.....I remember Dinara's season quite well as those were the glory days:o...and I can UN-objectively say that she is an IDEAL opponent in a GS final...and,as we've seen,JJ doesn't have a strong Slam history,either...and I defend Jelena much more than most Ana fans because I greatly respect her H2H vs. the WS

I'll remind you that you were terrified of a Caro RG title last year when Fran beat her;)...and Na Li wouldn't be any cakewalk in the semis if CW made it that far

KAD is a big fan, and you fit that description for Caro. Not for Ana... and for sometime now. It's ok though. ;)

Fran has an injury problem since Hopman Cup and she has been receiving threatment and having medical time outs in all of her matches. Add that to a 5 hours match, and the fact that she is 30 and thus has a slower recovery. I have huge respect for Schiavone and her game and heart on court amuses me to no end, but as every single commentator was saying, she will be lucky to be able to walk in the next match. 1 day is not enough recovery no matter what you say Bruce.

Dinara actually played pretty well in the RG 2008 final, and so did JJ in the semis. Both were in top form and performing as so. If they got tight in Grand Slams, it was long after that.

I think things are just all going Caro's way.. and that had not happened before.. maybe at USO 2009, but she got Kim in the final. Now things seem to be even more in her favor, so she might end up facing Zvonareva.. ;) We'll see.. But I'm just saying things as I see them. And it looks like the universe is conspiring for her to win, let's see if she takes all these chances.

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
KAD is a big fan, and you fit that description for Caro. Not for Ana... and for sometime now. It's ok though. ;)

Fran has an injury problem since Hopman Cup and she has been receiving threatment and having medical time outs in all of her matches. Add that to a 5 hours match, and the fact that she is 30 and thus has a slower recovery. I have huge respect for Schiavone and her game and heart on court amuses me to no end, but as every single commentator was saying, she will be lucky to be able to walk in the next match. 1 day is not enough recovery no matter what you say Bruce.

Dinara actually played pretty well in the RG 2008 final, and so did JJ in the semis. Both were in top form and performing as so. If they got tight in Grand Slams, it was long after that.

I think things are just all going Caro's way.. and that had not happened before.. maybe at USO 2009, but she got Kim in the final. Now things seem to be even more in her favor, so she might end up facing Zvonareva.. ;) We'll see.. But I'm just saying things as I see them. And it looks like the universe is conspiring for her to win, let's see if she takes all these chances.Not gonna pretend to be a medical expert:kiss:...but beating Kim and Na Li would be JUST as impressive--actually more--as defeating Dinara and JJ....Jelena HAD imploded in Slams prior to that year...and has consistently underachieved in those events despite her impressive H2H vs. the WS....You can't seriously suggest that Dinara isn't a DREAM opponent for a Slam final as a large majority of tennis fans agree on THAT one....It doesn't matter if she started getting tight then--at RG 08--or afterwards...the fact is that she's the one you wanna face if you're in a big match...until--I HOPE:o:o--she proves otherwise

The idea of 'the universe conspiring' in Caro's favor is just silly for a forensic specialist like yourself.....pretty soon you'll be trying macumbas:lol:

Btw,I'M the one who had faith in Ana's comeback LONG before you did...liking Caro doesn't make me LESS of an Ana fan...despite the mandatory infantile conspiracy theories that seem to be a part of Anapolis membership requirements:p

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
Not gonna pretend to be a medical expert:kiss:...but beating Kim and Na Li would be JUST as impressive--actually more--as defeating Dinara and JJ....Jelena HAD imploded in Slams prior to that year...and has consistently underachieved in those events despite her impressive H2H vs. the WS....You can't seriously suggest that Dinara isn't a DREAM opponent for a Slam final as a large majority of tennis fans agree on THAT one....It doesn't matter if she started getting tight then--at RG 08--or afterwards...the fact is that she's the one you wanna face if you're in a big match...until--I HOPE:o:o--she proves otherwise

The idea of 'the universe conspiring' in Caro's favor is just silly for a forensic specialist like yourself.....pretty soon you'll be trying macumbas:lol:

Btw,I'M the one who had faith in Ana's comeback LONG before you did...liking Caro doesn't make me LESS of an Ana fan...despite the mandatory infantile conspiracy theories that seem to be a part of Anapolis membership requirements:p

All right Bruce.. I never said beating Na Li and Kim wouldn't be impressive.. the opposite, I said Caro would have all my respect if she beats Kim in the final. But I don't see your point of saying you are an Ana fan, if all you do when you come here is keep pumping Caro up and making Ana's slam win seem like winning a MM.

And no.. I think Dinara could've beaten a lot of people in that RG 2008 final. Ana just happened to be playing very well. Dinara never collapsed there.. she was playing well and fighting. I remember at 4-2* in the second, she fought off something like 5 BPs in a 10 deuce 20 min game, with some brave play. That's not what someone who collapses would do. What she did against Serena or Kuzzy was a whole different matter. And JJ played better than ever in RG 2008 and went on to make the 2008 USO final that year giving Serena a run for her money in the final. There was no collapse there either. Stop questioning Ana's draw there, it was as hard as it was going to get, having to play the 2 best clay players of that season.

As for universe conspiring.. I just meant everything is working out her way. And that's fact so far. No out of this world forces... But I do believe in luck, and in faith and that it can change life.. and that doesn't make me any less of a science person or any less into forensics. We can have the best of both worlds.

And don't mention Macumba.. you know I'm scared as hell of it.

Cp6uja
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Arvidsson
Safarova
Wozniacki
Cetkovska
Schnyder
JJ
Safina
Just for the record... JJ and Safina in 2008 played on clay better tennis than some much bigger WTA names (Venus, Hingis, Davenport, Sharapova, Mauresmo...) never played in theirs entire career on this surface!!!

On other hand You really don't need to apologize anybody for supporting also some other players :shrug:
I'm not big fan of Wozniacki (especially hers game style), but WTA in terms of potential new stars so sucks right now after Sharapova-Ivanovic 1987 generation that any god 1988+ born player seems like pure gold for tour right now.

jelenacg
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Forget about Caro ,i`m only mad bc ES is showing reruns of her matches while there are live matches on :rolleyes:

What do you think about Antonio as a coach so far ?? I`m not very convinced. :shrug: But Ana only played 4 matches and got injured so not much to see and i can`t form an opinion :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
What do you think about Antonio as a coach so far ?? I`m not very convinced. :shrug: But Ana only played 4 matches and got injured so not much to see and i can`t form an opinion :shrug:

I don't think it will end up well honestly.. it seems to me like another case of the wrong coach at the right time. I mean.. it was a good time to get a coach, Ana seems commited.. but the wrong coach to get.

I don't think Ana played well in any of the matches.. and I saw clear regression from where she was at the end of last year. This shouldn't happen after all the off season work.

Ana hasn't played aggressive tennis, and I didn't like the way she showed herself mentally. She seemed nervous as hell in her singles matches at Hopman Cup and she totally let the AO match slip away in the second set just like she used to do during the heights of the slump.

So... I don't think this is working out.. and if she continues like this, without control over her emotions, playing like a pusher with unreliable serve, she will drop out early in every big tournament. I guess Antonio's job might depend on IW + Miami.. or on how clay season goes. But I don't see it lasting much.

Maybe it would've been a better solution to find someone to co-coach with Heinz than to give up on him all together. :sobbing:

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
All right Bruce.. I never said beating Na Li and Kim wouldn't be impressive.. the opposite, I said Caro would have all my respect if she beats Kim in the final. But I don't see your point of saying you are an Ana fan, if all you do when you come here is keep pumping Caro up and making Ana's slam win seem like winning a MM.

As for universe conspiring.. I just meant everything is working out her way. And that's fact so far. No out of this world forces... But I do believe in luck, and in faith and that it can change life.. and that doesn't make me any less of a science person or any less into forensics. We can have the best of both worlds.

And don't mention Macumba.. you know I'm scared as hell of it.Okay,sorry for mentioning that bad word...though I'm quite sure that Contador Zorro will comfort you;)...as any red-blooded male would be happy to do

I'd never make these comments in the main threads for Ana,but this is the general tennis discussion thread,Izzy,and I'm simply responding to what I consider weak logic from some folks.I'll concede that 'luck' can play SOME role,yet it's FAR outweighed by skill as a determining factor.All the luck in the universe isn't gonna carry Alona Bondarenko to a Slam title.Caro is where she is in life primarily because she's an excellent player,NOT the no-talent anomaly who magically wins w/o explanation:lol:...as the Einsteins in this forum imply.From a luck standpoint,we could argue that Ana was lucky in 2008 to benefit from Henin's absence...just as Caroline benefits from Serena's injury this year...in the end,though,ONE person has to rise above the rest of the field...and that's NEVER an easy task at a Slam.

I actually like Ana more NOW than I did when she won RG and was #1...because I respect the way that she fought back from such a deep slump despite having been sheltered from growing up by her ice-cream purchaser parents.It's SOOOO tough to learn life's lessons on the fly,and I think that the adversity will help Ana throughout her career and prob'ly in the personal realm as well.In my ideal WTA future,Ana and Caroline go back and forth as #1 and #2 as Evert and Navrat did....I only visit this forum less b/c the intellectual level has dropped so far;it is NO reflection whatsoever of my affection and support for Ana.It's just complete hypocrisy,IMO,for the same fans who have bitched and whined about Ana-haters in GM to duplicate the exact same mindless drivel here....In case you haven't realized,though,I enjoy chatting with YOU:)...and one or two others.......It's time for Green Bay and Chicago now,though,so :wavey: for now

jelenacg
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
So... I don't think this is working out.. and if she continues like this, without control over her emotions, playing like a pusher with unreliable serve, she will drop out early in every big tournament. I guess Antonio's job might depend on IW + Miami.. or on how clay season goes. But I don't see it lasting much.

Azarenka was aggressive while she was with Antonio right?? Maybe it`s not his fault Ana played so passive at AO :shrug:

Maybe it would've been a better solution to find someone to co-coach with Heinz than to give up on him all together. :sobbing:

I would definitely liked more that solution but i`m ready to give him more time and hopefully it will turn out to be good. I can just hope...
And i`m tired of her having million different coaches :o

gaviotabr
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
Azarenka was aggressive while she was with Antonio right?? Maybe it`s not his fault Ana played so passive at AO :shrug:

Umm.. I'm not sure about Azarenka. She is a completely different player from Ana.. and they have different ways of being aggressive. I'm not sure if applying the Azarenka phylosophy would result in an aggressive Ana honestly. I remember him always telling her to be consistent and to get first serves in while in coaching time outs. How would that eco in Ana's ears? What would be her response on court?

I would definitely liked more that solution but i`m ready to give him more time and hopefully it will turn out to be good. I can just hope...
And i`m tired of her having million different coaches :o

I'm pretty sure Ana will give him time... For now he has until Miami garanteed, and that is another 5 tournaments. I also don't like to see her going from coach to coach.. but truth is she can't stay with one that doesn't help her. I was totally on the "let's get another coach" train once Heinz didn't want to travel full time, but it's so hard to find one that works and makes you play better, that I'm thinking they could've found some sort of solution. But well.. it is what it is.. hopefully it ends up working well with Van Grichen.. I'm just not seeing that happening. :tape:

azdaja
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
with or without a slam schiavone is not as big a scalp as, for example, jj was when ana beat her at rg, so let's not be silly. when schiavone won rg that was the only time she got pass the qf and ended up being one of the 4 slamless semifinalists. she deserves her gs, but that doesn't mean beating her is such a big deal. just because she is a current slam champion, i mean.

there will be nothing to take away from caro's title if she wins it. however, people have the right to question if it's good to have such a defensive player as #1. personally i don't care, but i can understand that some people might not be fond of that. she can shut them up by winning big titles, but in her case even one grand slam title might not be enough. on the other hand i don't sympathise with people who have started complaining about caro being boring and similar nonsense. people should leave her alone in that regard.

Forget about Caro ,i`m only mad bc ES is showing reruns of her matches while there are live matches on :rolleyes:

well, technically speaking this thread is for tennis discussions not concerning ana, so talking about caro is ok ;)

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
with or without a slam schiavone is not as big a scalp as, for example, jj was when ana beat her at rg, so let's not be silly. when schiavone won rg that was the only time she got pass the qf and ended up being one of the 4 slamless semifinalists. she deserves her gs, but that doesn't mean beating her is such a big deal. just because she is a current slam champion, i mean.

there will be nothing to take away from caro's title if she wins it. however, people have the right to question if it's good to have such a defensive player as #1. personally i don't care, but i can understand that some people might not be fond of that. she can shut them up by winning big titles, but in her case even one grand slam title might not be enough. on the other hand i don't sympathise with people who have started complaining about caro being boring and similar nonsense. people should leave her alone in that regard.Yeah,Azdaja,your comments are well-thought,as usual:hatoff:...my main point was that there's been a lack of integrity in many of the complaints...even if we agree that JJ and Dinara were a tough pair of opponents at RG 2008...Izzy and others admit that Ana had a breezy draw all the way to the semis...yet that doesn't negate her Slam title...nor would Caro's potential AO title be illegitimate if she beat Fran,Na Li and Clijsters in the last 3 rounds....As for the 'overly-passive' criticism,it's highly subjective...and often put forth most vociferously by posters who,once more,show a lack of integrity....Caroline had 16 winners in her win over Sevastova while hard-hitting Petkovic only had 13 in beating Sharapova.The stats prove that she's not playing as passively as before...and anyone who's not totally blind can see that she's trying to add elements to her game...at the net...and in going for more winners

Let me be clear on THIS,though: Even if Ana fans become known for GM trolling as badly,or worse,as all the slimiest Ana-haters have done,it won't affect my support for Ana's march back to the top.Aye TRULY believe she'll find her way even if it's not with AVG

Pops Maellard
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
You have extremely low expectations of God:lol:....That's like saying,'Thank God for drool'...or 'Thank God for bottle caps that people drop on the ground'....Of course,if you enjoy a ZERO drama sport where only TWO people are capable of winning a significant title,then have at it!!:p

Arvidsson
Safarova
Caro(2008 clay version)
Cetkovska
Schnyder
JJ
Safina

You said not so long ago that you find Caro's tennis uninspired. What changed exactly? Just curious. :p

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
You said not so long ago that you find Caro's tennis uninspired. What changed exactly? Just curious. :pDuhhhh....she's stepped her game up...and even YOU admitted it back when she beat Big Masha at the USO....that was before you regressed back into "Anapolis Mode"--hopefully it's not clinical:lol:.....Jets and Steelers coming on now,Aaron,so :wavey: for now

Pops Maellard
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I do admit it's been quite refreshing to see players making early success in the year have gone on to back up their result at the open (quite a rarity nowadays).

Sydney winner Li Na in AO quarterfinals.
Brisbane winner Kvitova:angel: and finalist Petkorazzi also in quarterfinals.

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Actually started following Petra more closely b/c I thought that my friend had unfairly labeled her as 'ugly':lol:(there's a similar story with Dinara).She first earned my respect with a 1st-round win over Memphis defending champion Venus Williams in 2008...one of her first-ever MD matches

Pops Maellard
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Actually started following Petra more closely b/c I thought that my friend had unfairly labeled her as 'ugly':lol:(there's a similar story with Dinara).She first earned my respect with a 1st-round win over Memphis defending champion Venus Williams in 2008...one of her first-ever MD matches

Well Dinara doesn't look great on court but with some effort she looks good at off-court functions. Like a lot players I guess. Surely being related to Marat Safin would have to count for something. :angel::lol:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SOn7DYBfP0I/AAAAAAAAC5k/IYTYqhk_pUM/s1600/Kremlin%2BCup%2B2008%2BlwHd6rkQltPl.jpg

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Well Dinara doesn't look great on court but with some effort she looks good at off-court functions. Like a lot players I guess. Surely being related to Marat Safin would have to count for something. :angel::lol:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SOn7DYBfP0I/AAAAAAAAC5k/IYTYqhk_pUM/s1600/Kremlin%2BCup%2B2008%2BlwHd6rkQltPl.jpgYeah,that's what I used to tell Cap'n Ross when he would insult Dinara...and I'd insult him,too,of course...which didn't go over well sometimes:lol:.I didn't have the same zeal for praising Marat that YOU do but I was able to state the obvious

kimgurl
Jan 24th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Well Dinara doesn't look great on court but with some effort she looks good at off-court functions.

:lol::lol::lol:

i agree..she is freakishly a large woman, she looks a scary athlete on court, like she could easily "crushed her opponents":lol::lol:but yeah she looks good off court,especially on that pic.

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
One more comment on the silly 'good luck' blather: Nobody put a gun to Fran's head and FORCED her to play for 4 hours,44 minutes...she simply lacked the clear superiority to beat Sveta sooner...in straight sets.Sveta is good but she's no invincible cyborg,so Fran has only herself to blame for spending so much time on court.....I know,that's too logical,right?:haha:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM
One more comment on the silly 'good luck' blather: Nobody put a gun to Fran's head and FORCED her to play for 4 hours,44 minutes...she simply lacked the clear superiority to beat Sveta sooner...in straight sets.Sveta is good but she's no invincible cyborg,so Fran has only herself to blame for spending so much time on court.....I know,that's too logical,right?:haha:

Sure.. and Caro is the lucky opponent of a wobbly Fran. ;)

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Sure.. and Caro is the lucky opponent of a wobbly Fran. ;)...And if she had failed to beat Sevastova in less than 4 hours,then SHE'D be tired,too:p....There'll always be SOMEthing for you to concoct,right?You could argue that Caro is 'lucky' that Gunther Parsche's loser cousin hasn't stabbed her during a changeover...and,from a standpoint of pure sophistry,no one could disprove that:lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 05:52 PM
...And if she had failed to beat Sevastova in less than 4 hours,then SHE'D be tired,too:p....There'll always be SOMEthing for you to concoct,right?You could argue that Caro is 'lucky' that Gunther Parsche's loser cousin hasn't stabbed her during a changeover...and,from a standpoint of pure sophistry,no one could disprove that:lol:

Chill out Bruce. If Ana was in Caro's shoes now, facing a wobbly opponent in a slam QF, I would say she was lucky too. It's a matter of being at the right place in the right time. Luck is a factor in life, weather you believe in it or not. It really makes no sense to make fun of it or try to make it look ridiculous. It's not.

There are about a million super talented singers out singing in bars, while the likes of Kesha earns millions barely singing. She is lucky.. was at the right place and the right time and took the chance that appeared in front of her. And that is one example.. I could make a point for everything in life.

SOA_MC
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Izzie I think we all know success in the music industry is not based on ones voice ;)

Bruce you're setting up Caro for one hell of a bashing if she doesn't win :scared:

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Chill out Bruce. If Ana was in Caro's shoes now, facing a wobbly opponent in a slam QF, I would say she was lucky too. It's a matter of being at the right place in the right time. Luck is a factor in life, weather you believe in it or not. It really makes no sense to make fun of it or try to make it look ridiculous. It's not.

There are about a million super talented singers out singing in bars, while the likes of Kesha earns millions barely singing. She is lucky.. was at the right place and the right time and took the chance that appeared in front of her. And that is one example.. I could make a point for everything in life.I'm not mad at you,Sugar Bush:lol:;haven't you learned in these last few years how much I enjoy our verbal fencing?;)You can't avoid the fact,though,that Caro is less tired than Fran---Because she beat her opponent in straight sets...and Fran WASN'T ABLE TO DO THAT....That's performance-related results,not luck

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not mad at you,Sugar Bush:lol:;haven't you learned in these last few years how much I enjoy our verbal fencing?;)You can't avoid the fact,though,that Caro is less tired than Fran---Because she beat her opponent in straight sets...and Fran WASN'T ABLE TO DO THAT....That's performance-related results,not luck

That's SO not the point Bruce.. :spit:

Caro got lucky she has as a QF opponent a wobbly Fran who had a very tough 4th round opponent and had to play 5 hours while Caro herself got someone out of the top 50 and thus was able to play for less than 2 hours. She could easily have someone like Na Li as a QF opponent, yet the luck of the draw got her a wobbly Fran. ;) And that's not performance related.. that's luck.

azdaja
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm not mad at you,Sugar Bush:lol:;haven't you learned in these last few years how much I enjoy our verbal fencing?;)You can't avoid the fact,though,that Caro is less tired than Fran---Because she beat her opponent in straight sets...and Fran WASN'T ABLE TO DO THAT....That's performance-related results,not luck
if you get an easier opponent in the draw that's luck :shrug: there will be nothing to take away from caro if she wins the tournament because you also have to take advantage of what the luck is offering you, but luck definitely plays a role and caro was more lucky than fran this time.

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM
if you get an easier opponent in the draw that's luck :shrug: there will be nothing to take away from caro if she wins the tournament because you also have to take advantage of what the luck is offering you, but luck definitely plays a role and caro was more lucky than fran this time.

Exactly!

And that goes for everyone actually.. luck always plays a part.

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
That's SO not the point Bruce.. :spit:

Caro got lucky she has as a QF opponent a wobbly Fran who had a very tough 4th round opponent and had to play 5 hours while Caro herself got someone out of the top 50 and thus was able to play for less than 2 hours. She could easily have someone like Na Li as a QF opponent, yet the luck of the draw got her a wobbly Fran. ;) And that's not performance related.. that's luck.Oops!That's HIGHLY-flawed reasoning,Isabela:p.Caro beat Fran easily in straight sets in their last two meetings...and there's no reason to suggest that she couldn't have done the same to Sveta...who's ranked lower and has been slumping most of the last year or so.Meanwhile,Sevastova has been on fire despite her lower ranking,so there's no guarantee that Fran would've even beaten her had they played.Bottom line:Sveta is not such a daunting opponent that it requires even TWO hours to beat her...let alone 4 hrs.,44 minutes....it comes down to superior PERFORMANCE,NOT luck.....You lose!!!:nerner:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Oops!That's HIGHLY-flawed reasoning,Isabela:p.Caro beat Fran easily in straight sets in their last two meetings...and there's no reason to suggest that she couldn't have done the same to Sveta...who's ranked lower and has been slumping most of the last year or so.Meanwhile,Sevastova has been on fire despite her lower ranking,so there's no guarantee that Fran would've even beaten her had they played.Bottom line:Sveta is not such a daunting opponent that it requires even TWO hours to beat her...let alone 4 hrs.,44 minutes....it comes down to superior PERFORMANCE,NOT luck.....You lose!!!:nerner:

Actually.. your reasoning has no relevance to my point about luck. :shrug:

I never said Sveta or Fran or whoever would or not beat Caro. But that she is lucky she will get a wobbly opponent that wont give her trouble. Both Sveta and Fran have beaten Caro in the past, and Sevastova is not on fire.. As much as there is no garantee Fran would've beaten Sevastova if she were to face her, there is equally no garantee Caro would beat Sveta.. :shrug: But that's not the point.. the point is the luck of the draw, that has been pitching Caro against players she can easily beat for one reason or another.. while it could have made her face much tougher players. And that has absolutely nothing to do with superior or inferior performance.. is that so hard to understand? :shrug:

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Actually.. your reasoning has no relevance to my point about luck. :shrug:

I never said Sveta or Fran or whoever would or not beat Caro. But that she is lucky she will get a wobbly opponent that wont give her trouble. Both Sveta and Fran have beaten Caro in the past, and Sevastova is not on fire.. As much as there is no garantee Fran would've beaten Sevastova if she were to face her, there is equally no garantee Caro would beat Sveta.. :shrug: But that's not the point.. the point is the luck of the draw, that has been pitching Caro against players she can easily beat for one reason or another.. while it could have made her face much tougher players. And that has absolutely nothing to do with superior or inferior performance.. is that so hard to understand? :shrug:It's a silly,specious argument on your part b/c you don't have the first clue whether or not Caro would've beaten Sveta easily or not...based on recent performance,she very well MIGHt have...and Fran is only exhausted because it took her over 4 1/2 hours to beat an opponent that others would've beaten in 90 minutes...so her fatigue is HER FAULT....Luck has nothing to do with it,IMO....Again,I could use your reasoning to say that Caro is 'lucky' that her dad doesn't distract her and sidetrack her career by acting like Jim Pierce...there's no empirical way to prove or disprove what qualifies as 'lucky'...or precisely how much luck you need to be rated that way

I can reasonably argue that SKILL is the dominant factor that has carried Caro to her current position...and I could also use your reasoning to show how 'lucky' Ana was to be born beautiful and talented...to lead a spoiled childhood and to escape war-torn Serbia while plenty of nice,innocent folks lost their lives in the war:shrug:...There's a never-ending cycle to your/those arguments...none of which are FACTUAL;they're a matter of perspective and belief.As a tennis fan,though,I find it amusing that 95% of your Caro posts infer that 'luck' is the most prevalent factor in her success...as opposed to a mere small contributor

The 2nd Law
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
May I just add that both of Sveta and Fran would have taken Caro out with the form they showed on Sunday, had either of them played her.

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM
It's a silly,specious argument on your part b/c you don't have the first clue whether or not Caro would've beaten Sveta easily or not...based on recent performance,she very well MIGHt have...and Fran is only exhausted because it took her over 4 1/2 hours to beat an opponent that others would've beaten in 90 minutes...so her fatigue is HER FAULT....Luck has nothing to do with it,IMO....Again,I could use your reasoning to say that Caro is 'lucky' that her dad doesn't distract her and sidetrack her career by acting like Jim Pierce...there's no empirical way to prove or disprove what qualifies as 'lucky'...or precisely how much luck you need to be rated that way

I can reasonably argue that SKILL is the dominant factor that has carried Caro to her current position...and I could also use your reasoning to show how 'lucky' Ana was to be born beautiful and talented...to lead a spoiled childhood and to escape war-torn Serbia while plenty of nice,innocent folks lost their lives in the war:shrug:...There's a never-ending cycle to your/those arguments...none of which are FACTUAL;they're a matter of perspective and belief.As a tennis fan,though,I find it amusing that 95% of your Caro posts infer that 'luck' is the most prevalent factor in her success...as opposed to a mere small contributor

Actually no.. I think 95% of Caro's success lies in her mental toughness, her biggest weapon. I wish Ana had half of it. And yes, Ana is lucky to be born beautiful and talented.

Your reasoning makes no sense Bruce. Fran's fatigue may be her fault but that has nothing to do with Caro being lucky to face a fatigued opponent. The draw was lucky enough for her that it got her to play a fatigued opponent. Tell me.. you do know quarters 2 and 3 of the draw could have easily swaped places. Quarter 2 could be 3 and 3 could be 2. Yet luck of the draw made it as it is. If luck of the draw had been different, and 2 was 3, and 3 was 2, Caro would be facing Na Li as her QF opponent today. Isn't she lucky to be facing Fran instead? I would think it's common sense performance and rest wise to think Na Li would be a tougher opponent.. So Caro is lucky she is facing Fran and not someone else. And that has nothing to do with performance, just luck of the draw. As it is, luck of the draw got her opponent to play a 5 hour match in the 4th round and come wobbled into the QF. The wobbly might be Fran's fault, but Caro getting to play her out of all people is her luck. ;)

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
May I just add that both of Sveta and Fran would have taken Caro out with the form they showed on Sunday, had either of them played her.

I agree.. they were playing some of the most awesome tennis I've seen in a while.. and I haven't been convinced by Caro's play at this AO.

Pops Maellard
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Caro won the USO series last year with both Williams' and Henin out with injuries, and Clijsters only playing one Mandatory event. Also I cast my mind back to the USO '09 where she faced Oudin in the QF and Wickmayer in SF, which is her only slam final to date.

She can only beat who's in front of her of course but to me it's a bit silly to believe that luck hasn't played a huge part in Caro's rise.

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:46 PM
May I just add that both of Sveta and Fran would have taken Caro out with the form they showed on Sunday, had either of them played her.MAYBE:shrug:....I would've preferred that Fran or Kuzy were totally rested just to shut up the bitching and whining.Truth is,Caro only avoided ONE seed in her draw,Wickmayer,due to early-round upsets...and now she faces a player who got herSELF tired b/c she wasn't good enough to finish off her opponent earlier....I also hope that Clijsters makes the final because I want Caro to EARN her first Slam title without any griping that the WTA,God,or demonic forces,or Humpty Dumpty somehow conspired in her favor....I'm 'old-school' so I believe that championships should be earned...even if it's one of my faves who's striving for one...we'll see how it goes down

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I would be totally happy if Ana were to win a second slam due to huge luck. :lol: I would thank luck for years! :lol:

bruce goose
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Actually no.. I think 95% of Caro's success lies in her mental toughness, her biggest weapon. I wish Ana had half of it. And yes, Ana is lucky to be born beautiful and talented.

Your reasoning makes no sense Bruce. Fran's fatigue may be her fault but that has nothing to do with Caro being lucky to face a fatigued opponent. The draw was lucky enough for her that it got her to play a fatigued opponent. Tell me.. you do know quarters 2 and 3 of the draw could have easily swaped places. Quarter 2 could be 3 and 3 could be 2. Yet luck of the draw made it as it is. If luck of the draw had been different, and 2 was 3, and 3 was 2, Caro would be facing Na Li as her QF opponent today. Isn't she lucky to be facing Fran instead? I would think it's common sense performance and rest wise to think Na Li would be a tougher opponent.. So Caro is lucky she is facing Fran and not someone else. And that has nothing to do with performance, just luck of the draw. As it is, luck of the draw got her opponent to play a 5 hour match in the 4th round and come wobbled into the QF. The wobbly might be Fran's fault, but Caro getting to play her out of all people is her luck. ;)Blah,blah,blah....and Caro is 'lucky' that she hasn't been hit by an asteroid...you'll always invent SOMEthing unless she magically transforms into a serve-and-volley player whose style you admire.....THIS much is FACT....your OPINIONS on how much luck makes someone 'lucky' do NOT have empirical standing....and Caroline is very UNlucky that so many Ana fans are bitter over Ana's underachieving and wanna lash out hypocritically with the same trivial criticisms that they complained about when Masha/Elena GM trolls threw that hatred at sweet Ana....Gotta run to class,fellow Ana fans...seeya!!

Curtos07
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I would be totally happy if Ana were to win a second slam due to huge luck. :lol: I would thank luck for years! :lol:

Unfortunately, Ana and luck doesn't seem to be compatible with each other. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Blah,blah,blah....and Caro is 'lucky' that she hasn't been hit by an asteroid...you'll always invent SOMEthing unless she magically transforms into a serve-and-volley player whose style you admire.....THIS much is FACT....your OPINIONS on how much luck makes someone 'lucky' do NOT have empirical standing....and Caroline is very UNlucky that so many Ana fans are bitter over Ana's underachieving and wanna lash out hypocritically with the same trivial criticisms that they complained about when Masha/Elena GM trolls threw that hatred at sweet Ana....Gotta run to class,fellow Ana fans...seeya!!

What? All right Bruce.. whatever you say.. :help:

To all.. Am I throwing hate Caro's way? Or criticizing her? I don't think I am.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Unfortunately, Ana and luck doesn't seem to be compatible with each other. :sobbing:

True.. :sobbing: Luck and Ana are not friends lately.. :sad:

azdaja
Jan 24th, 2011, 11:53 PM
and Caroline is very UNlucky that so many Ana fans are bitter over Ana's underachieving and wanna lash out hypocritically with the same trivial criticisms that they complained about when Masha/Elena GM trolls threw that hatred at sweet Ana....
hmm, i don't go to caro's forum, so i don't know what's the vibes there, but this kinda reminds me of times when jj fans used to say how ana fans hate jj (during the times when jj was mostly ignored by ana fans). you know, a closed group of people get an idea and then they reinforced each other's perception of how things are. sure, some of the people here don't like caro's game but that's legitimate. i don't think that's the same as the hate that ana was getting (being called a "cheater", "fake" and whatnot). they were not criticising ana's game, they were attacking her as a person. that's why people here complained about attacks on "sweet" ana. and who is attacking caro as a person here?

i really don't think caro is hated here. nor is it true that people feel bitter because of ana's underachieving. i'm pretty sure that people who don't like a defensive player at #1 would feel the same even if ana were a multiple gs champion by now.

when it gets to luck, caro is not where she is simply due to luck. but we are talking about this particular tournament and at one tournament luck clearly plays a role. the draw you get is a matter of luck, not of brains or skills. and there is nothing wrong with that either.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM

Precisely.

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:06 AM
What? All right Bruce.. whatever you say.. :help:

To all.. Am I throwing hate Caro's way? Or criticizing her? I don't think I am.. :shrug:No,you're more measured and scholastic in your approach...but I'll give you a saying that is agreed upon by MANY champions: Winners find a way to 'MAKE their own luck'...and losers sit around and whine about their misfortune without ever seeming to change it.They act as if life would some how be better--if only they 'had the same luck' as someone else--yet they always manage to come up short even when they're "lucky"....I sincerely hope that Ana doesn't read and BELIEVe all the Luck Crap that spews forth from this forum...cuz I want her to be a consistent winner.Deep down,I think she knows better:cool:

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:47 AM
And this is over..

Woz really got lucky here. Was getting totally outplayed by Franny until dead legs appeared. Schiavone stopped playing at 3-1 up in the second. Just UEs now, has no strength anymore.

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I wonder why people don't hit to Woz's forehand.. it's so obvious.. she doesn't do anything at all with the FH. The BH can attack though.. and people constantly hit to her BH.. I don't get it.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM
I don't either...her forehand is one of the most disgusting shots in tennis...it's production and execution are so poor and she can only brush it with very little pace. Playing hard into her forehand continually is definitely a tactic that people should use a lot more against her.

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I wonder why people don't hit to Woz's forehand.. it's so obvious.. she doesn't do anything at all with the FH. The BH can attack though.. and people constantly hit to her BH.. I don't get it.It's just another example of 'pure luck' again....Caro doesn't have any skill,remember?LOTS of #1s have no talent:p:p....Make sure to check Na Li's blog to see what her hairstylist says;if she's suffering from split ends,that'll surely be another excuse for you if Caro is 'lucky' enough to win her SF:lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I don't either...her forehand is one of the most disgusting shots in tennis...it's production and execution are so poor and she can only brush it with very little pace. Playing hard into her forehand continually is definitely a tactic that people should use a lot more against her.

Yes.. I mean.. why hit all the time to her BH if her FH is so fragile. I would hit to her FH all day long.. FH FH FH FH FH FH FH FH FH

This match is over because Fran got tired.. she was confusing Woz mixing up her game.. she has no legs to get to the net anymore. And when she does, she is missing every volley. Just dead legs.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Yes.. I mean.. why hit all the time to her BH if her FH is so fragile. I would hit to her FH all day long.. FH FH FH FH FH FH FH FH FH

This match is over because Fran got tired.. she was confusing Woz mixing up her game.. she has no legs to get to the net anymore. And when she does, she is missing every volley. Just dead legs.

I would hit everything to her forehand until I got an entire open court to her backhand :lol: not like she is gonna hit winners if you do that (not like she does anyway) :lol: It's a winning strategy against her, and I think the top players do that against her. Schiavone was giving her a lesson in variety before her legs went, which was inevitably going to happen. Just a shame, really.

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I would hit everything to her forehand until I got an entire open court to her backhand :lol: not like she is gonna hit winners if you do that (not like she does anyway) :lol: It's a winning strategy against her, and I think the top players do that against her. Schiavone was giving her a lesson in variety before her legs went, which was inevitably going to happen. Just a shame, really.

Yes.. A real shame really.. If it wasn't for the 5 hours match, this would've been a straights sets win for Schiavone.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Yes.. A real shame really.. If it wasn't for the 5 hours match, this would've been a straights sets win for Schiavone.

Yep. Just like the RG QF. But anyway it'll be interesting to see how Woz can go against someone like Li Na...she has about 10 times more firepower and is full of confidence, so we'll see. I'm hoping to see a li vs clijsters final personally...I think that's our best chance for a good quality final.

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Yep. Just like the RG QF. But anyway it'll be interesting to see how Woz can go against someone like Li Na...she has about 10 times more firepower and is full of confidence, so we'll see. I'm hoping to see a li vs clijsters final personally...I think that's our best chance for a good quality final.

Yes.. let's see.. the thing with Na Li is that she can get so erractic sometimes a blackboard like Woz can get lucky. ;):lol:

Seriously though.. A Na Li - Kim final could be very interesting, especially after the Sydney final.

Back to this match that is about to be over.. Schiavone is so desperately tired she has been going for drop shot after drop shot. :spit:

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM

Yeah the tiredness became obvious with the change in how she was playing. All of a sudden she was trying stupid shots and missing everything that had worked to beat Woz in the first set. Annoying when the person who is better loses especially just because she had a tougher draw :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:35 AM

Yeah the tiredness became obvious with the change in how she was playing. All of a sudden she was trying stupid shots and missing everything that had worked to beat Woz in the first set. Annoying when the person who is better loses especially just because she had a tougher draw :shrug:

True.. those missed volleys at *3-2 up in the second really cost her.. then she was just too tired. A real shame.. Franny was playing some great tennis throughout the tournament.

Credits to Woz for hanging tough.

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:37 AM
There are some lovely pics of Safarova and Berdych in the WTA webpage photo gallery...don't know if they'll alleviate the pathetic bitterness that exists in THIS forum...but,hey,it's worth a shot:lol:

Can't wait for Sweet Ana:cool: to reach the top and start a good rivalry with Caro;something tells me she'll be MUCH more in touch with Reality than so many of her fans are:haha:...and,with THAT,g'night all:wavey:

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:40 AM
We are so out of touch, yet we don't think Wozniack is a champion who created her own luck :sad: Guess I missed her creating her own luck in all those slams she won :lol: Whatever you say Bruce, you are so much smarter than everyone else here :worship:

Also, I'd like it noted to you that I am not bitter towards Woz at all. I hate her gamestyle. It sucks. That doesn't make me bitter, it is what it is. I have nothing to be bitter to her about, my faves have a winning record against her :lol: :rolleyes:

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
We are so out of touch, yet we don't think Wozniack is a champion who created her own luck :sad: Guess I missed her creating her own luck in all those slams she won :lol: Whatever you say Bruce, you are so much smarter than everyone else here :worship:

Also, I'd like it noted to you that I am not bitter towards Woz at all. I hate her gamestyle. It sucks. That doesn't make me bitter, it is what it is. I have nothing to be bitter to her about, my faves have a winning record against her :lol: :rolleyes:Well,Izzy is damned intelligent,but being smarter than YOU isn't much of a challenge,Conspiracy Boy:lol:

....Now why don't you run off to your mommy...or Federer,and have a big Sissy Sob on someone's shoulder:p

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Well,Izzy is damned intelligent,but being smarter than YOU isn't much of a challenge,Conspiracy Boy:lol:

....Now why don't you run off to your mommy...or Federer,and have a big Sissy Sob on someone's shoulder:p

You don't even know me :lol: If you did, you'd know I just got 3 awards from the dean of my university (one of the best in Australia) for academic achievement in my studies :lol: So :shrug: maybe it isn't so easy. I also don't think it's really appropriate to have a personal attack on someone. I don't like Woz, and a hell of a lot of people don't like her. It's pathetic of you to think it is just Ana fans who don't like her, or think what most of us think. Go to a grand slam and she hardly has fans, look around and see that no one likes her games except her select few fans. It's not mutually exclusive to Ana fans who you think are bitter just because you are her fan. Also, her game is disgusting, it lacks any natural talent and she is number 1 by default. With a forehand, serve and volleys like that, it's not hard to see why the majority of tennis followers hate her. Surprisingly perhaps to someone like you, I actually know a thing or two about tennis, given that I've played it myself for 16 years, and now I coach it. I can see how poor her technique is, and for that reason I do not like her. That's it.

Kabomba
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Woz is really amazing. AMAZINGLY BORING! I can understand that someone likes her personality or looks (I don't),but saying that her game is beautiful or interesting is just lying yourself.

Well,Izzy is damned intelligent,but being smarter than YOU isn't much of a challenge,Conspiracy Boy:lol:

At least Federer does not call for a trainer when there's nothing wrong with him... And it's not the first time she did it.

Nikkiri
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM

What the hell :o what gives you the right to say that about someone?

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM
There are some lovely pics of Safarova and Berdych in the WTA webpage photo gallery...don't know if they'll alleviate the pathetic bitterness that exists in THIS forum...but,hey,it's worth a shot:lol:

Can't wait for Sweet Ana:cool: to reach the top and start a good rivalry with Caro;something tells me she'll be MUCH more in touch with Reality than so many of her fans are:haha:...and,with THAT,g'night all:wavey:

I really don't see how thinking that Caro was lucky to have an opponent who'd just played a match longer than the average ATP 5-setter or thinking that her game is boring/technique is bad is out of touch with reality.

I understand you're a Caro stan now but come on...saying that Ana's French Open win was lucky but Caro's career has been all about skill and little luck is just pure crazy. If Caro hadn't got to face Oudin and Wickmayer instead of seeded players at the USO '09 QF and SF we'd possibly be looking at a #1 who'd never reached a grand slam final at all. :tape: And the way she consistently gets her ass handed to her at the slams against players who are simply on fire and her inability to deal with that, you can't possibly say that Caro is undeserving of any criticism at all.

The amount of criticism Safina got as #1 was huge, and she's achieved like twice as much as Caro including multiple GS finals and Tier 1 titles.

Anyway this is the last thing I'll probably say on this matter for now. Arguing with Caro fans who think her game as it is is amazing and that she's an amazing #1 is like tits on a bull.

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Tomas and Lucie are a lovely couple BTW? ;):lol:

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Tomas and Lucie are a lovely couple BTW? ;):lol:

Of course they are :lol: Tomas's answer about him and Lucie in his open drive is so nice.

azdaja
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
fuck arguing about caro. did anyone see the na vs petko match last night? na looked in good shape. petko gifted her the last game - not sure about the match point but she made 3 exactly the same errors on her forehand to give that match point to na. i really wouldn't mind the chinese to win it all.

SOA_MC
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Believe me Caro has lots of fans only a few are stupid enough to post on tennisforum yadda yadda yadda Caro is not #1 by default how do explain the huge point gap lead Caro has over the majority of the top 10 at the end of last year? most played a full year what's their excuse for being that more pathetic? yadda yadda yadda I can't be fucked with the rest

No Ana was not lucky to win her slam she beat the two most inform clay courters of that year.

My god this forum transforms normal people into mega 12 year old little shits.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Believe me Caro has lots of fans only a few are stupid enough to post on tennisforum yadda yadda yadda Caro is not #1 by default how do explain the huge point gap lead Caro has over the majority of the top 10 at the end of last year? most played a full year what's their excuse for being that more pathetic? yadda yadda yadda I can't be fucked with the rest

No Ana was not lucky to win her slam she beat the two most inform clay courters of that year.

My god this forum transforms normal people into mega 12 year old little shits.

Most? Serena played 6 tournaments and missed the 2nd half of the year, Kim missed the entire clay and asian swings and played an abbreviated schedule, and Justine missed the entire 2nd half of the year. That's how I'd explain it.

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Most? Serena played 6 tournaments and missed the 2nd half of the year, Kim missed the entire clay and asian swings and played an abbreviated schedule, and Justine missed the entire 2nd half of the year. That's how I'd explain it.

Also Venus missed the whole USO series, which Caro won.

The 2nd Law
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Bruce, we aren't bitter about Caro. You're the one who came here and mentioned her. We hardly discuss her. Jankovic gets more airtime in this forum than Caro :lol:

The Na - Caro SF is imo the most interesting and pivotal GS SF in quite a few years. I'd almost compare it to Ana-Jelena in 08, but since Kim is most likely going to be the opponent it's a tad tougher I guess. Still, whoever wins has a brilliant shot at their first GS title.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
The Na - Caro SF is imo the most interesting and pivotal GS SF in quite a few years. I'd almost compare it to Ana-Jelena in 08, but since Kim is most likely going to be the opponent it's a tad tougher I guess. Still, whoever wins has a brilliant shot at their first GS title.

Definitely...I think this is actually the biggest chance NaNa will get to win a slam...she is the perfect matchup to beat Woz if she executes her game, and she just beat Clijsters in Sydney. Of course, Kim could lose before the final but it's hard to see that happening given her experience, and being the only slam winner left. If they did have to face Kim in the final, it's a very different prospect...but still, I'm very interested in this Na/Woz semi...which I think Na will win.

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Definitely...I think this is actually the biggest chance NaNa will get to win a slam...she is the perfect matchup to beat Woz if she executes her game, and she just beat Clijsters in Sydney. Of course, Kim could lose before the final but it's hard to see that happening given her experience, and being the only slam winner left. If they did have to face Kim in the final, it's a very different prospect...but still, I'm very interested in this Na/Woz semi...which I think Na will win.

Same here. Caro really has nothing to hurt Na with in this form.

The 2nd Law
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Agreed. For me there is just this sense that one of them is about to break through, the same feeling I got when Ana played JJ. Apart from that though, I can't think of another semi with that same aura about it in recent years. You can count RG 10 I guess, but those semis were just wack :lol:
I feel like that doesn't make sense :p

Anyways, hope it's Na.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Agreed. For me there is just this sense that one of them is about to break through, the same feeling I got when Ana played JJ. Apart from that though, I can't think of another semi with that same aura about it in recent years. You can count RG 10 I guess, but those semis were just wack :lol:
I feel like that doesn't make sense :p

Anyways, hope it's Na.

No I get you, I have a similar feeling. Like this match means a lot more than other slam semi's...I think especially for Na. Not sure when she'll get a better shot to win a slam. RG 10 semi's were too strange to have that aura :lol: but yeah, this one means a lot especially if Kim loses before the final. If not it'll still be very tough for one of these 2 to actually win.

SOA_MC
Jan 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Yes most as in not everyone. Justine didn't end the year top 10 btw

So only the cream of the crop ie multiple slamwinners should be ranked above Caro in your opinion. Fine I can handle people who think she should be ranked 5-8 range but fuck me when people start bullshitting about the likes of Dulko and Cibulkova being superior.

Also Venus missed the whole USO series, which Caro won.

Caro missed Standford a old tier 2. pretty important tournament in the USO series :shrug: shouldn't the next gen GOAT Azarenka or Jankovic or 15 other players taken advantage.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Yes most as in not everyone. Justine didn't end the year top 10 btw

So only the cream of the crop ie multiple slamwinners should be ranked above Caro in your opinion. Fine I can handle people who think she should be ranked 5-8 range but fuck me when people start bullshitting about the likes of Dulko and Cibulkova being superior.

That's where I think she should be ranked :shrug: so that's why I say she is number 1 by default. She is a solid top 5-8 player...

SOA_MC
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
That's where I think she should be ranked :shrug: so that's why I say she is number 1 by default. She is a solid top 5-8 player...

Your original description didn't read as Caro was solid 5-8 player.

Sorry.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Your original description didn't read as Caro was solid 5-8 player.

Sorry.

My original description had nothing to do with her ranking other than she shouldn't be ranked number 1 because she can't beat the best players. I still think she has shocking technique and she pushes something chronic, but she beats people ranked outside the top 10 very consistently, so for that she should be around 5-8. Nothing I said before doesn't stand with that, as I only said she shouldnt be number 1.

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think Caro has something very special that very few players have, and that she is where she is because of that. It's her biggest weapon. She is rock solid, a true competitor, extremely mentally strong. The girl is there to win it, no matter how or who she plays.

That is so rare in womans tennis, when everyone is so ready to break down at any moment. And it makes such a huge difference when a player walks on court. I can only think of Serena as tougher than her.

So yes.. a tennis analysis would clearly show Caro has very flawed technique. And her game can be picked apart in obvious ways. But she fights so hard and is so focused and determined, that she can take it to everyone.

As for the semi.. I'm not sure about it. Na Li loves pace.. and Caro will moonball a lot. Na needs to be on her game and keep the UEs to a minimum or she could be in trouble.

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Bruce, we aren't bitter about Caro. You're the one who came here and mentioned her. We hardly discuss her. Jankovic gets more airtime in this forum than Caro :lol:

The Na - Caro SF is imo the most interesting and pivotal GS SF in quite a few years. I'd almost compare it to Ana-Jelena in 08, but since Kim is most likely going to be the opponent it's a tad tougher I guess. Still, whoever wins has a brilliant shot at their first GS title.Speak for yourself;I agree that YOU are not bitter,but you are not the majority of sad Ana fans who feel the need to lash out due to some 'injustice' that Caroline is now receiving a lot of the admiration that Ana used to get when her career was ascending.There are lots of folks who LIKE Ana but aren't necessarily fans of hers,per se...and the Anapolis forum is quickly gaining a reputation at TF for mindless,jealousy-spurred,infantile blather.....I sorta hope they establish a friendship down the road--as much as a sports rivalry will allow--so that some of the more venomous Ana fans can gain some perspective....I think a rivalry between them would be awesome for women's tennis

bruce goose
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:28 PM
You don't even know me :lol: If you did, you'd know I just got 3 awards from the dean of my university (one of the best in Australia) for academic achievement in my studies :lol: So :shrug: maybe it isn't so easy. I also don't think it's really appropriate to have a personal attack on someone. I don't like Woz, and a hell of a lot of people don't like her. It's pathetic of you to think it is just Ana fans who don't like her, or think what most of us think. Go to a grand slam and she hardly has fans, look around and see that no one likes her games except her select few fans. It's not mutually exclusive to Ana fans who you think are bitter just because you are her fan. Also, her game is disgusting, it lacks any natural talent and she is number 1 by default. With a forehand, serve and volleys like that, it's not hard to see why the majority of tennis followers hate her. Surprisingly perhaps to someone like you, I actually know a thing or two about tennis, given that I've played it myself for 16 years, and now I coach it. I can see how poor her technique is, and for that reason I do not like her. That's it.Well,in my experience,people who brag about their supposed intelligence usually only possess it within their own deluded reality but,if you truly DID earn those accolades as you claim to have done,then congratulations:hatoff:

Thought about your complaints and,you're right,aye HAVE been harsh and disrespectful towards you(maybe I'm getting softer with age:lol:).Although I'm not exactly brimming with remorse,tbph,I probably owe you an apology.We don't agree 100% on the respect issue;you apparently consider it mandatory,while I feel that it should be EARNED in re opinions...I've also noticed that you're selective in how you apply that belief,demanding respect for yourself while not always giving it to others...some of your Caro rants make me wonder if your 'university' is a hippie communal school where everyone smokes acapulco gold for hours and then riffs on whatever crosses their mind...but don't get mad cuz I'm just teasing you there:angel:...

I'll go easy on you by avoiding the forum for a while;I've noticed that there's a LOT less vitriol here whenever Ana is doing well...and I expect that to continue eventually this year...either with AVG or another coach...and I still feel that Marija will be a steadying influence on Ana.Also,I'll give you credit for making some excellent choices with your tennis faves.I'd be a Clijsters KAD if it weren't for the fact that she'll break her fans hearts when she gets pregnant again;I respect her tremendously as a player AND as a person.If she wins the AO,then I hope you enjoy it:hatoff:

azdaja
Jan 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM
how did caro fans conclude that ana fans are "jealous" of caro? is caro the only player who is currently more successful than ana? obviously not. so why are ana fans "jealous" of caro and not about others? or is the reason some ana fans dislike caro something else? perhaps the "jealousy" accusations are a result of some people's insecurities about their fave?

what about the venom caro is getting from fans of other players? i really don't have the impression ana fans are any worse than them. and there are ana fans who like caro. just like in any other fan base. what about them?

ok, perhaps some posters really got on your nerves and they happen to be ana fans, but it is you who is making this an issue between fanbases. just like, back in the day, jj fans used to. now, thanks to some stupid actions by jj and her camp jj really has become heavily disliked here and as far as i can tell she is the only one who is really disliked.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Well,in my experience,people who brag about their supposed intelligence usually only possess it within their own deluded reality but,if you truly DID earn those accolades as you claim to have done,then congratulations:hatoff:

Thought about your complaints and,you're right,aye HAVE been harsh and disrespectful towards you(maybe I'm getting softer with age:lol:).Although I'm not exactly brimming with remorse,tbph,I probably owe you an apology.We don't agree 100% on the respect issue;you apparently consider it mandatory,while I feel that it should be EARNED in re opinions...I've also noticed that you're selective in how you apply that belief,demanding respect for yourself while not always giving it to others...some of your Caro rants make me wonder if your 'university' is a hippie communal school where everyone smokes acapulco gold for hours and then riffs on whatever crosses their mind...but don't get mad cuz I'm just teasing you there:angel:...

I'll go easy on you by avoiding the forum for a while;I've noticed that there's a LOT less vitriol here whenever Ana is doing well...and I expect that to continue eventually this year...either with AVG or another coach...and I still feel that Marija will be a steadying influence on Ana.Also,I'll give you credit for making some excellent choices with your tennis faves.I'd be a Clijsters KAD if it weren't for the fact that she'll break her fans hearts when she gets pregnant again;I respect her tremendously as a player AND as a person.If she wins the AO,then I hope you enjoy it:hatoff:

I hardly bragged about it :rolleyes: I didn't come running in here after I got them saying everyone guess how smart I am look what I got. I mentioned them because you unnecessarily called me stupid, which is the height of disrespect. Also, if you believe people should earn respect, then you deserve none.

I will repeat again my reasons for disliking Caro are nothing to do with Ana. I despise her game and the way she goes about her tennis. You created the whole "Ana fans are bitter" thing when basically every other fanbase dislikes her for the same reason. It makes zero sense to confine it to Ana fans and say it's just us. We have no reason to be bitter when Ana is a more successful and more popular person than Caro. Shocking that we, along with everyone else who doesn't like her, just don't like her game.

Davodus
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:34 PM
how did caro fans conclude that ana fans are "jealous" of caro? is caro the only player who is currently more successful than ana? obviously not. so why are ana fans "jealous" of caro and not about others? or is the reason some ana fans dislike caro something else? perhaps the "jealousy" accusations are a result of some people's insecurities about their fave?

what about the venom caro is getting from fans of other players? i really don't have the impression ana fans are any worse than them. and there are ana fans who like caro. just like in any other fan base. what about them?

ok, perhaps some posters really got on your nerves and they happen to be ana fans, but it is you who is making this an issue between fanbases. just like, back in the day, jj fans used to. now, thanks to some stupid actions by jj and her camp jj really has become heavily disliked here and as far as i can tell she is the only one who is really disliked.

Yep. Exactly right.

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Vera leading Kvitova 5-2. Quite interesting as Kvitova's probably the hottest player in the tournament besides Li. Her level of composure in matches has improved so much though! :worship:

Must be all that 'special training' with Sergey. :devil:

Pops Maellard
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I was rooting for Petra at first but now I think I'd rathe Bepa won. It'd be great if she could win her first slam, and three slam finals in a row would be :bowdown:.

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Zvonareva is a bad matchup for Petra though, because she absorbs the power so well and gets so much back with different rhythm...something like that will always annoy Kvitova. Interesting to see if Petra can get a run going in this set.

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Kim is playing like crap.. :banghead:

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM
She is a bit :lol: still winning though...

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:59 AM
She is a bit :lol: still winning though...

Just lost 3 games in a row.. about 50 UEs only in these 3 games.. :o

Seriously.. WTF?

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM
:lol: this match...they are giving us some fun rallies at least. But it's a very weird feeling going on.

Pops Maellard
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Kim's been playing like crap the whole tournament and still winning. I think Bepa will get revenge on her TBH.

The 2nd Law
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I got Bepa's autograph on Monday after she beat Benesova :hearts: She was sooooo nice, so I wouldn't mind if she won it all :)

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Vera is so beating Kim tomorrow..

At least Kim knows she played like crap.. :spit:

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:31 AM
To be fair though, Kim played crap the entire USO then smashed Vera in the final. If she plays crap again she will lose, but if she turns it on she'll win again.

Pops Maellard
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:35 AM
To be fair though, Kim played crap the entire USO then smashed Vera in the final. If she plays crap again she will lose, but if she turns it on she'll win again.

She didn't play crap VS Ana. :bigcry:

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:39 AM
She didn't play crap VS Ana. :bigcry:

She played ok against Ana, but Ana played really bad then.

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
She played ok against Ana, but Ana played really bad then.

Ana was awful in that match, true..

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Jankovic will also miss Fed Cup. I can't help it but remember a post by terjw after Ana missed out on Fed Cup against Slovakia, saying JJ would never do that.. and that Ana didn't support her country. :lol: Guess JJ does it too... :spit:

Seriously though.. I find Fed Cup a waste at the moment.. they won't acomplish anything anyway with the total lack of good team spirit. The pity is that I guess Serbia will lose out to Canada now.

The 2nd Law
Jan 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Jankovic will also miss Fed Cup. I can't help it but remember a post by terjw after Ana missed out on Fed Cup against Slovakia, saying JJ would never do that.. and that Ana didn't support her country. :lol: Guess JJ does it too... :spit:

Seriously though.. I find Fed Cup a waste at the moment.. they won't acomplish anything anyway with the total lack of good team spirit. The pity is that I guess Serbia will lose out to Canada now.

Bojana will save the day :devil:

and terjw is a hypoctrite, don't get me started on him/her :lol:

Very happy that the rafa slam won't happen, regardless of the way he lost/injured or not. Sorry to any rafa fans.

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 01:00 PM

But she's the Serbian Warrior Princess! She must be fighting a war for Serbia that weekend or something. Only explanation Izzy. Only one.

But no, the team spirit and feeling in their camp is so poor that they would never win if they were both there. Canada doesn't really have a strong team, Bojana should win both singles so we'll see.

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Henin just retired again :eek: Can't believe it!

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm shocked... was the elbow injury that bad? I thought she was playing well this month. WTF!

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Justine's farewell letter is really moving, weather you are a fan or not.

I wonder how the elbow issue flared up.. She played great against Ana at Hopman Cup, and said she was feeling great... but after the final there and the first round at AO, I think she said the elbow had started to hurt again.

It's sad it ends on an injury. I was hoping to see this generation play on till 2012 Olympics.. we should enjoy Kim, Venus and Serena while we can.

I miss Serena.. seriously.

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Apparently she tried resting it but it's still bad and requires surgery, which would put her out of playing for around 2 years...so she retired. I'm really shocked by it, I mean like you said she played quite well down here, just 1 kind of off match against Kuznetsova who was playing very well.

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Apparently she tried resting it but it's still bad and requires surgery, which would put her out of playing for around 2 years...so she retired. I'm really shocked by it, I mean like you said she played quite well down here, just 1 kind of off match against Kuznetsova who was playing very well.

Yes.. it's really a shock.. I'm at loss for words.

I'm just also sad a generation of great players if ending.. and another one hasn't risen yet.

Davodus
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah because usually there is one there ready to take over...like we kind of had the hingis/davenport/capriati/williams phase that started to be overtaken by the sharapova/clijsters/henin/mauresmo/williams (again) bit, and now...There doesn't seem to be a really clearly defined generation of players to step in, create the great rivalries and really dominate the tour. Once Kim and the williams sisters go I dunno what will happen.

Sharapovian
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I'm shocked, :eek: I thought she would play until at least 2012 olympics.

Shame the injury ended it for her :tears: Hopefully she can have a good life after tennis now.

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah because usually there is one there ready to take over...like we kind of had the hingis/davenport/capriati/williams phase that started to be overtaken by the sharapova/clijsters/henin/mauresmo/williams (again) bit, and now...There doesn't seem to be a really clearly defined generation of players to step in, create the great rivalries and really dominate the tour. Once Kim and the williams sisters go I dunno what will happen.

That's the thing.. pity Ana decided to suck for almost 3 years now, because she could be leading some sort of charge.

But there really isn't a group of players to take over. I mean.. except for Wozniacki, and to a lesser extend Azarenka and Radwanska, people who have been doing well lately are over 25 and had been around for a long time. It's a weird moment really.. lots of players who had no chance in other eras, can benefit from it and acomplish big things.

gaviotabr
Jan 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Some interesting matches coming up in the semis.. Will Na Li be the first chinese to make a slam final? Will Kim raise her level?

I have to say I'm still shocked about Henin..

Pops Maellard
Jan 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Vera def. Kim
Li def. Caro

That's my predictions.

Yeah and Juju re-retirement shocked me as well! Like, OMG. :eek:

cocco80
Jan 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Vera def. Kim
Li def. Caro

That's my predictions.

Yeah and Juju re-retirement shocked me as well! Like, OMG. :eek:

Good predictions. Let's hope it goes that way.. and Vera def. Na in the finals. :hearts:

For me Justine's retirement is totally expected. Her comeback didn't go as planned and she also had a misfortune to pick up an injury. She wasn't going to stick around if not able to compete on the highest level reaching final stages of tournaments.

Pops Maellard
Jan 26th, 2011, 11:15 PM
^ Yes, I hope Vera would win if she reaches the final. Three slam finals in a row, losing all of them? Ouch. :sad:

cocco80
Jan 26th, 2011, 11:49 PM
^ Yes, I hope Vera would win if she reaches the final. Three slam finals in a row, losing all of them? Ouch. :sad:

That would be awful. Don't wanna think about it. :sad:

Sharapovian
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Likewise I don't want to think about Murray losing in another slam final :sad: (He has to get past Ferrer first though)

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Likewise I don't want to think about Murray losing in another slam final :sad: (He has to get past Ferrer first though)

I like Murray and will root for him in case he plays Federer in the finals, but I can't root against Novak. I wouldn't want to see neither of them on the losing end.
Rafa lost today :sad: I'm very torn and I'm dreading Murray Djokovic final. In that case it would be better for Murray to play Federer and to make him cry. :lol:

Sharapovian
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I like Murray and will root for him in case he plays Federer in the finals, but I can't root against Novak. I wouldn't want to see neither of them on the losing end.
Rafa lost today :sad: I'm very torn and I'm dreading Murray Djokovic final. In that case it would be better for Murray to play Federer and to make him cry. :lol:

Yeah I like Rafa too and he lost, so now I'm fully supporting Murray. I like Nole too, but I think it's time for Andy to win his first slam.

I'm worried if Murray plays Federer and ends up losing again to him in another final, don't know how he would feel. Even if he loses to Nole it would hurt him quite a bit I think.

I remember Rafa made Roger cry :lol:

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'm rather conflicted about the men's too. :(

I think it'll be a Djokovic-Murray final...I won't know who to root for. I prefer Djokovic but I'd really hate to see Murray lose another GS final. :sad:

If it's an Olderer-Murray final I'll without question cheer for Murray.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I think we're in agreement about this matter, more or less. That's why I wouldn't want to see Novak Andy final. I would absolutely HATE to see any of the two on the losing end. That would be horrible.
I can live with Novak falling in the semis and than witnessing Federer taking a beating. :lol:

If Murray somehow doesn't reach the finals (which is NOT even possible at this point :lol:) I like Nole's chances.

What if Fed somehow manages to snatch the title in front of their noses. :tape: I'm gonna be the crying one. Can't stand the guy.

Rafa :sad:

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I remember Rafa made Roger cry :lol:

Actually, Roger found a way to spoil Rafa's victory and to make the whole thing about himself. Egomaniac. :o

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:10 AM
This is what I was thinking might happen in this match. Na Li is too erractic right now.. her balls are flying everywhere.

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:17 AM
OMG Na! Stop with the UEs!!!!!

What an ugly match this is.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:20 AM
bad tactics+poor execution of ErrorNa = caro in the finals.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
OMG Na! Stop with the UEs!!!!!

What an ugly match this is.

Na is being too passive. She's pushing the ball and she's spraying errors like that wasn't enough. :o

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Less errors, come on Li!!

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Na is being too passive. She's pushing the ball and she's spraying errors like that wasn't enough. :o

It's awful.. she is just giving points away.

This will be Caro vs Vera in the finals.. and Caro's first slam.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:28 AM
It's awful.. she is just giving points away.

This will be Caro vs Vera in the finals.. and Caro's first slam.

In that case I would want Kim to beat Vera and than take care of Woz in the finals. I have nothing against Caro, she's very likable character IMO, but her game is ... there are no words. It's like watching paint dry. :o

Serena, come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I knew this was going to happen..

Everything is working on Woz's favor.. Universe is conspiring..

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:31 AM
In that case I would want Kim to beat Vera and than take care of Woz in the finals. I have nothing against Caro, she's very likable caracter IMO, but her game is ... there are no words. It's like watching paint dry. :o

Serena, come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Kim has been playing like crap.. I doubt she can win. :sobbing:

I also miss Serena!

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Oh God 2 winners from Woz in set 1. :rolleyes:WTA.

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I can't understand why people hit to Woz's BH when its her best shot. Hit to the FH... over and over again. It will break down.

Last 3 points.. Na Li hit to Woz BH.. lost all.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Kim has been playing like crap.. I doubt she can win. :sobbing:

I also miss Serena!

I still think Kim would somehow manage to beat Woz. I really do. At least she has a mental fortitude unlike poor Vera. I couldn't stand seeing Vera lose to Caro in the finals. That would be a total disappointment after Ana crashing in R1. :o

In WWW thread I said this would happen, even if I couldn't imagine Caro beating Na, but I didn't underestimate the luck factor.

Na is giving this match away. My eyes are bleeding. About to get broken again.

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I still think Kim would somehow manage to beat Woz. I really do. At least she has a mental fortitude unlike poor Vera. I couldn't stand seeing Vera lose to Caro in the finals. That would be a total disappointment after Ana crashing in R1. :o

In WWW thread I said this would happen, even if I couldn't imagine Caro beating Na, but I didn't underestimate the luck factor.

Na is giving this match away. My eyes are bleeding. About to get broken again.

Yes.. Na is totally giving this away.. it's over really. :o

As for Kim.. I meant I don't think she will beat Vera. Seriously.. this is all working on Woz's favor.. she should have lost to Fran, but Fran got tired.. then Na Li is awful now.. and she will get the best possible opponent in a final, Vera. It's just all oppening up for her. Like destiny or something.

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Li Na played out of her head all tournament, and from 0-15 in this match she has been just full of errors. Her forehand is a trampoline.

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Li Na played out of her head all tournament, and from 0-15 in this match she has been just full of errors. Her forehand is a trampoline.

Yes.. almost 30UEs now.

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:48 AM
This is so painful to watch. I'm only watching it in hope Li can turn it around. :o

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:52 AM
This is so painful to watch. I'm only watching it in hope Li can turn it around. :o

I'm only watching so I can stay awake for Kim x Vera.

This is one ugly ugly match.

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Disgusting that basically every point is an error

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Another hold to love...all three points won with Li errors. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Oh my.. now I just want it to end.. too ugly.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Yes.. Na is totally giving this away.. it's over really. :o

As for Kim.. I meant I don't think she will beat Vera. Seriously.. this is all working on Woz's favor.. she should have lost to Fran, but Fran got tired.. then Na Li is awful now.. and she will get the best possible opponent in a final, Vera. It's just all oppening up for her. Like destiny or something.

If that happens I'm gonna pray to Buddha to make Vera a mental fortress and to crush Caro in the finals. :lol:

Na is playing beyond bad. It's almost unbelievable how crappy she is.
My eyes, my eyes....................................

:help:

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Push push push ERROR. That's this match.

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:55 AM
I'm disgusted.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I'm disgusted.

We all are. :o

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 02:58 AM
You MUST get the break back here! Come on Na!!! FIGHT!

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:00 AM
More return errors :lol: what shit.

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:01 AM
This is laughable.. Can Na Li get the ball inside the court? :spit: Those returns of 2nd serves miles out are ridiculous. WTF?

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:01 AM
This is HORRIBLE.

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:03 AM
THIS is your opening Na!! Take it!

Pops Maellard
from 40-0 Caro to Deuce. Come on Li!

Pops Maellard
Is SuperNa showing up now? :eek:

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM
4-4. Come on Li. :cheer:

cocco80
Here comes the sun..

doni1212
She breaks!!!! :bounce: Please hold, please hold, please hold PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

doni1212
Ace! :hearts:

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Well it's critical she holds serve her

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:06 AM
DF :o

Pops Maellard
Oh Li. :rolleyes:

doni1212
Seriously?!! Come on Na!!

Davodus
Nope, back to the errors :lol:

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:07 AM
OMG! I'm really pissed off right now!

Pops Maellard
Fuck me. :o

gaviotabr
OMG!

Na follows the break up with the most horrid game. Hopeless.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Ok, that's that. I give up. Caro in the finals.. Fuck.

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:10 AM
15-30. Come on Li!

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Disgusting errors. This was one of the worst matches I have ever watched in my life.

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Saved a MP. Watch her hit two more errors to give Push the match now.

Pops Maellard
Bp!

doni1212
Great point Na! Take this Bp!!

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Yes!!!!! Take This Set Now!

Pops Maellard
5-5. :bounce:

doni1212
And hold this time dammit!

cocco80
Ok, my hopes are up.. again :o

Don't let me down, Li.

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:15 AM
BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!

Come on !

doni1212
Amazing point that I didn't think Na would win!!! :eek:

Pops Maellard
30-0. :bounce:

Caro's gone way back into her shell now. For a couple of games in set 2 she was actually hitting winners.

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:16 AM
40-0

Pops Maellard
6-5!!!!

doni1212
OMG yes!! You can do it Na!!! Break again!

Umm, where is Na's husband going? :lol: He was sprinting out of there!

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:17 AM
OMG yes!! You can do it Na!!! Break again!

Umm, where is Na's husband going? :lol: He was sprinting out of there!

He can't hold his nerves anymore. He's not gonna watch the rest of the match.

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Break her ass Li!

Davodus
All this posting :sobbing: it's like Ana is playing.

doni1212
^^^

Pops Maellard
Li going for too much again. :shout:

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:19 AM
And Na is back to hitting hideous UEs..

Pops Maellard
Li's hubby is still there. He's just moved seats.

doni1212
Serena's lady is in Na's box! I forget her name!

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:20 AM
30-30!

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Perfection.

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Forehand return winner! :drool:
Deuce!

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Serena's lady is in Na's box! I forget her name!

Who, Shino? :lol:

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Deuce again! Come on Na!! NOW!

Pops Maellard
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Set point!

doni1212
Who, Shino? :lol:

Hell no!!! :lol:

She's a brunette with short hair and she's always smiling.

doni1212
Noooooooo

Pops Maellard
Caro has so many lucky mishits. :rolleyes:

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:24 AM
She missed that! NO!

cocco80
I'm gonna shoot myself in the leg ! Can't take this anymore.

Pops Maellard
OMG, easiest shot in the world and Li misses it. :help:

gaviotabr
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I feel Na missed her chance there..

doni1212
I hate seeing Sven cheering for that girl. I know he's not but it makes him seem like a traitor.

Pops Maellard
Set point again! Take it, for the love of all things holy.

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:26 AM
DF on Setpoint!!!! :rolls:

cocco80
Yes !!!

Buddha saves the WTA :lol:

doni1212
Hmmm, what song is this? I like it!

doni1212
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I guess she's not as mentally strong as she claims to be. DF on SP? Hmmm...

Pops Maellard
Ajde! :bounce:

Now SuperNa better show up for the third set.

doni1212
Another plus! Na gets to serve first!!

cocco80
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:28 AM
I feel Na missed her chance there..

Always an optimist our Izzy. :lol:

Come on.. we need to endure one more set of this. :bounce:

Davodus
Jan 27th, 2011, 03:29 AM
:haha:

doni1212