PDA

View Full Version : Players you're supporting or dropping support for

MechWarrior2k
May 2nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Something has prompted me to create this thread. I don't know what exactly, but it's likely my pent up frustration with my faves over the past two years. I'm sure many fans feel the same way.

Faves I still root for:
Safina
Azarenka

Recent faves:
Oudin
Zheng
Peer

Possible faves:
Venus
Clijsters
Wickmayer

Faves I've given up on:
Chakvetadze
Dementieva

Faves I'm on the verge of giving up on:
Zvonareva

Petkorazzi
May 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
I should have given up on most of my faves years ago, but I still love them. :awww:

VishaalMaria
May 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Fairweather.

MechWarrior2k
May 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Fairweather.

Not necessarily. None of my current faves have won a major. If I was really fairwaether, I would not have dropped being a fan of Henin (which I did for her being a poor sport, a coward, to name a few). I've never liked Serena even with her 12 slams and it's taken almost 10 YEARS for me to warm up to Venus.

joăo.
May 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
I've never given up on my faves, that's why they're my faves :hearts:
Even when they decide to retire at 20 :rolleyes:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 2nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Tommy Haas last month

Anyone else

sammy01
May 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
i'll always love nutjob chak, but i do love watching kim clijsters play nowadays. i think when she was just one of a group of great players 2000-2006 i didnt respect her game enough.

im happy henin is back to. infact im holding (clinging more like) to kim, justine, serena and venus right now to keep womens tennis intresting for me.

VIKA?
May 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM

weren't you a Pennetta fan?

Chakvenus
May 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM

This.
my faves are my faves, and they always will be. even when they are massive headcases, as the majority of them are.

#kArLoS#
May 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
This.
my faves are my faves, and they always will be. even when they are massive headcases, as the majority of them are.

This.
This year I lost Vaidisova:sobbing:,so I added Pavlyuchenkova because I really like her:)

GreenGrass
May 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
This.

same here.

my faves :sobbing: :hug:

Mynarco
May 2nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Always my fave:
Jankovic
Hingis

Add to my fave:
Lisicki
Hantuchova
Zvonareva
Kim
Vika
Chinese girls

Start to appreciate them:
Serena
Venus
Henin

But no one I can think I drop my support.

Monzanator
May 2nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
None.

I'm sticking with my choices right 'til the end no matter how badly the've potentially fallen.

Ksenia.
May 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
I don't think I have ever given up on my faves and I doubt I will :scratch:
Maria S, Ana, Jelena, Vika, Serena.
Out of lesser known players, Arantxa Rus, Laura Robson, Johanna Larsson, Romana Tabakova.

Adrian1092
May 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Despite how sh*tty Ana has been over the last 1.5 - almost 2 years, I still can't even imagine dropping her :sobbing: Same goes for most of my faves, something about them that makes me not able to stop following them :lol:

A-Bond
May 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
I could never drop one of my faves, doesn't matter how bad they are. But sometimes I really do wish that I could dislike someone by push a "dislike-button" because it's really heartbreaking to be a fan of Vaidisova, Golovin, Szavay and Daniii :sad: But I'll always love them.

Faves:
1. Vaidisova
2. Golovin
3. Hantuchova
4. Pavlyuchenkova
5. A. Bondarenko
6. Szavay

Players who really grow on me:
- Wickmayer
- Wozniak

I respect Clijsters, Henin, Sharapova and the WS-Sisters as good Tennis Players, but they'll never be my heart-faves.

Juanes
May 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mary Pierce, my number 1.... i also wear the rosary as she did at Roland Garros 2000 :D

and also slovak players.... i am in love with slovak players.... :hearts:

Christinawww
May 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
once a player is a real fave, nothing can change it, but some players have gotten my attention, moved up on my like list and then crashed hard out of it later on. E.g. in 2006 I started liking Ivanovic more and more, but sometime in 2007 she started annoying the hell out of me. So she dropped from being the type of player I liked seeing winning if my real faves weren't playing to a player I didn't mind seeing losing.

Mlle Bruni
May 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
All-time fave:
The one and only Jelena Jankovic.

Players I generally root for:
Kuznetsova. Safina. Dementieva. Williams Sisters. Li Na.

Players that are growing on me:
Azarenka. Clijsters. Zvonareva.

toby345
May 2nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
It's so hard to be a Maria fan these days :crying2:

But Henin really becomes a fav for me :eek: I never never never believed that this would be possible :spit::drool:

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Something has prompted me to create this thread. I don't know what exactly, but it's likely my pent up frustration with my faves over the past two years. I'm sure many fans feel the same way.

Faves I still root for:
Safina
Azarenka

Recent faves:
Oudin
Zheng
Peer

Possible faves:
Venus
Clijsters
Wickmayer

Faves I've given up on:
Chakvetadze
Dementieva

Zvonareva

You are dead to me.

Noctis
May 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
I am put Nicole aside till she come back
I am inlove with Anna L she's adorable and love her Bhs so refreshing

MechWarrior2k
May 2nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
You are dead to me.

^^^ At least Dementieva won that elusive gold medal. I was happy Elena won and sad because I really wanted Dinara to win it. At least Lena, Dinara, and Vera were all smiles at the ceremony.

http://tennisinfoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/russian-gold-medal-women-tennis.jpg

Then again Dinara might have had a few not so joyful tears.

http://img.rian.ru/images/11609/92/116099214.jpg

I'll still root for Elena, but I have absolutely no expectations for her to do anything. Like Kuznetsova, she can beat and lose to ANYONE at any given match.

Nonetheless the Olympics were the triumph of the Headcase Queens, oops, Russians.

MechWarrior2k
May 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
I am put Nicole aside till she come back
I am inlove with Anna L she's adorable and love her Bhs so refreshing

Glad to see I'm not the only one impressed by her backhand. She just needs to stop taking advice from Sharapova on hitting 2nd serves. :help:

Tanja8
May 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
I can`t decide who I`m going to support ... it just happens subconsciously.

Few years ago I found out my faves have something in common:
Dementjeva - long term top 10, many SF, QF, even Finals - but no GS win

Schnyder - long term top 20, many 4th r., QF,- but ... (I wanted to say no SF in GS and then I found out that she actually has one SF)

Srebotnik - long term top 30, many 3rd r., few 4th rounds - and never managed to achieve QF in GS.

Some other player whom I like (Bartoli, Zvonarjova, partly Schnyder) have many haters but I find them really interesting personalities.

The only player that I support and who doesn`t fit those patterns is Šarapova. And I admit that I quite "abandoned" her during last year ... probably I just needed a champion to root for to feel better:lol: and nowadays I can`t rely on her anymore ...

I really like Jelena Janković game when she is at her best ... but she isn`t my favourite. I like also Agnieszka`s game (no comment, please), Viktorija`s attitude, ... but it`s somehow not enough.

When my favourites retire ... I don`t know. Maybe one match will be enough to "fall in love" with someone else. Probably some young Russians (Pavljučenkova, Klejbanova, Lapuščenkova, I`m waiting for Pervak ... ).

Oh, and of course I will always root for all Slovenian players. Except when they play Dementjeva.

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
^^^ At least Dementieva won that elusive gold medal. I was happy Elena won and sad because I really wanted Dinara to win it. At least Lena, Dinara, and Vera were all smiles at the ceremony.

http://tennisinfoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/russian-gold-medal-women-tennis.jpg

Then again Dinara might have had a few not so joyful tears.

http://img.rian.ru/images/11609/92/116099214.jpg

I'll still root for Elena, but I have absolutely no expectations for her to do anything. Like Kuznetsova, she can beat and lose to ANYONE at any given match.

Nonetheless the Olympics were the triumph of the Headcase Queens, oops, Russians.

Then we're arguing over semantics, because in my book if you're rooting for Lena you're supporting her even if you have realistic expectations.

To me, that's different from not supporting.

King Halep
May 2nd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Lena supporters are being over dramatic about her problems. She has won a lot of matches over the last decade and been incredibly consistent. I know she has made mistakes, like going out with carrot-top and not leaving mommie dearest at home, but saying that they have no expectations for her just does not give her any credit.

Chorophyll
May 2nd, 2010, 10:13 PM
Starting to observe Andrea Petkovic closely.

young_gunner913
May 2nd, 2010, 10:30 PM
The new girl that I've been cheering for is Vika. Gained tons of respect for her at the AO. Havent dropped anyone though.

LudwigDvorak
May 2nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
I've dropped everyone aside from Elena. Not even Daniela interests me as much as she used to.

Oops.

sammy01
May 2nd, 2010, 10:52 PM
The new girl that I've been cheering for is Vika. Gained tons of respect for her at the AO. Havent dropped anyone though.

don't forget chak, you cheered for her becuase i forced you to becuase you saw the light :hearts::drool:

young_gunner913
May 2nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
don't forget chak, you cheered for her becuase i forced you to becuase you saw the light :hearts::drool:

Liar!! I'd never lower myself by cheering for the likes of her. :p

Cakeisgood
May 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
I almost like Ana now. Poor girl. She's so sweet, and hating on her right now would just be mean.

That said, when she's better again, I'll go back to being a hater.

MechWarrior2k
May 2nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
I almost like Ana now. Poor girl. She's so sweet, and hating on her right now would just be mean.

That said, when she's better again, I'll go back to being a hater.

Admittedly I am not an Ivanovic fan, but even I find no joy in seeing her struggle like this.

Certinfy
May 2nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Dani, Kiri and Lucie. I've supported each from the near start of their professional career and will never give up on any of them no matter what.

duhcity
May 2nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
I quite like Lapushchenkova

pattyclijsters
May 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
I was really rooting for Samantha Stosur. Once she became more successful the interest in seeing her winning stopped. MLDB should start winning some match, otherwise I wont be as delightes as I have been watching her play thus far. I hate so say, that I want to see Maria S. winning. Virginie Razzano is out.

Lachrymarum
May 2nd, 2010, 11:37 PM
Lucic is starting to become dead to me.
She needs to get her act together or she's off my signature :sad:

DS.Fan.
May 3rd, 2010, 12:12 AM
always love and support dinara..no matter what happens..i'm a dinara fan first then a tennis fan.i also like Venus sveta and don't think i'll give up supporting them especially Vee.can't understand someone can change her favors quickly..

Pops Maellard
May 3rd, 2010, 12:17 AM
I've only really dropped an ATP player - Roddick.

WTA, I've added Vika this year. Used to hate her. :lol:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 3rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
I've only really dropped an ATP player - Roddick.

Well done

Pops Maellard
May 3rd, 2010, 12:19 AM
Well done
Yeah I like his personality but his game got wayy to passive for my liking.

JamieOwen3
May 3rd, 2010, 12:22 AM
i feel sorry for Ana Ivanovic. To see a player like her go from winning her first slam becoming world number one in doing so and her fall was almost right away. Id like her to get back up there.

Svetlana)))
May 3rd, 2010, 01:22 AM
Svetlana is my one and only. I don't care whos on the other side of the net, everytime Sveta plays, i want her to win every point.

That being said, i also love the Williams sisters. Their personality and attitude and just amazing/

Wiggly
May 3rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
Benesova
Hantuchova

& the Canadians.

Serenus Christ
May 3rd, 2010, 02:31 AM
Absolute Fan:
Williams Sisters

Was fan but not anymore:
Maria

Starting to become a fan of:
JJ
Elena
Marion (only because people can make more jokes about her eating cake)

dynamoRockstarr
May 3rd, 2010, 02:38 AM
VENUS - My fave to the end, through every weird ass loss. :weirdo:

Second favs
caro - lovin sunshine
Serena

Ana I. - i'm feeling bad for her, want her to come back.
Anna Chak - i miss her!! :sobbing: she grew on me.
Vika -she's getting on my good side

i never give up on my faves.

JamieOwen3
May 3rd, 2010, 03:02 AM
my top 5 favourite players retired and still playing are in no particular order Hingis,Venus,Serena,Sharapova,Seles i don't hate any of the other players i like some of them but not enough to be a dedicated fan ,the five i listed have had amazing rivalries between them with cracking matches.

Lachy
May 3rd, 2010, 04:02 AM
Im on the verge of supporting JJ...not quite there yet :lol:

Rix643
May 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM
I dropped all but one.....

You can say I gave up women's tennis....

miss_molik
May 3rd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Alicia will always be my fav, she's the first player I watched on TV at the AO :)
Then Justine (first player I saw live - it was amazing:D), then Sam.

When Justine retired I started liking Serena, but now that Ju is back, i don't really support her anymore, but I definantly have more respect for her now.

I went through phases with Sveta, JJ and Dinara

And i'm starting to like Vika too:p

And I didn't like Federer at first, but I quickly realised how amazing he is :p

Vaidisova Ruled
May 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
I used to really "dislike" Ana Ivanovic in 07-08 : I didn't really like her personality (or lack of ?) and also all her "ajde / ridiculous fist pump", that I still don't like btw.
But when she was playing, I was always watching her because I just love her game (and her forehand :hearts:)

And I think that it is such a SHAME that she is "this" now. Now I find myself rooting for her everytime and I just want her to get back to the top.

I also used to dislike Vika and Caro and now I don't mind them, I even like to watch them play.

LightsOut!
May 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
#1-4 faves: Schnyder, Bacsinszky, Vögele, Sadikovic (all Swiss, I know)

(large distance)

further faves: Henin, ALG, Görges, Malek, Petkovic, Siegemund, Barthel, Kerber, (most of the other Germans), Vogt, (the other Swiss), Eikeri, Garcia Vidagany, Dekmeijere, Cornet, Lady JaJa, Xinyun Han, Monica Ruig, Erakovic, Molik, Halep, Keothavong, Robson, Kanepi, Tax Garbin, Tetreault, Fichman, Black, Ejdesgaard, MLDB, Anna C., Simmonds, Kirilenko, Williams sisters, Clijsters, Lena D., Bovina, Sfar and many more..!

Singleniacki
May 3rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Long Time Favs:

Marion
Kata
Su-Wei
Pin
Schnyder
+ Aussies (especially Alicia and Casey)

Newish Favs:

Kleybanova
Goerges
Kerber
Bondarenkos
Bacsinsky
Halep
Lapush

RIP favs:
Nathalie (my first fave :tears:)
Ai
Foretz
Pin

The only player that i used to be fan of but am not anymore is Sesil Karatantcheva. I followed her comeback and after an impressive start a lackluster 2009 and a series of events that have lead to me not really liking her much anymore.

Ju's backhand
May 3rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think I've ever given up on or stopped suppoting a player, my favourites remain the same.

The latest player I'm liking more everyday is Wickmayer.

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
I have only one favorite and couldn't care less about the others. And no matter what happens I can never stop supporting her. :shrug:

Safe-From-Harm
May 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
JJ is my fave, was my fave and will be my fave. No matter what.

I still route for Zheng, Na Li...and I start to like Peer.
Dementieva is also good, and Kimiko Date too.
And I just love Simona Halep ( I must say before I liked her more, when she used to have big ones).
And I think JOvanovski has a potential.
And confused situation is with Ana Ivanovic, sommetimes she is so irritanting but I like her seeing when she is outside somewhere and when she play a model role and so on. So I like her outside tennis courts:D

King Halep
May 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
I dropped all but one.....

You can say I gave up women's tennis....

Then you are still mens tennis supporter? I find womens tennis has more personalities. They are more unpredictable.

Jajaloo
May 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Favourites:
Jelena Jankovic

Victoria Azarenka
Anastasia Pavulychenkova
Yanina Wickmayer
Dinara Safina
Sorana Cirstea

Glad to see win (but they're TOO good):
Venus Williams
Justine Henin

Support unconditionally because they're Australian:
Alicia Molik
Sam Stosur
Jelena Dokic

Previously supported:
Maria Sharapova
Caroline Wozniacki
Aiko Nakamura

Rix643
May 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Then you are still mens tennis supporter? I find womens tennis has more personalities. They are more unpredictable.

No. I never liked men's tennis, so I couldn't give up on that.

Slutati
May 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm kinda dropping support for everyone.

Martian Jeza
May 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
When I start liking a player, I NEVER let her down : I follow her 'till the end of her career : there's no point dropping players otherwise you only are a plastic fan or worse a glory hunter ( I let down some players because they don't win or the excuse of the personality ). There are level of how I'm demanding for the players I like : about Caroline for example, that's normal I'm very demanding. Chakvetadze turns in a hopeless case but hey that's a part of her charms, I guess. For the rest, just ask me. Azarenka, I think I'd love her as a person without a doubt but yet I don't like much her game.

miffedmax
May 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
I still truly believe that Alex Glatch is the heart, soul and future of American tennis.

I don't know if I'm really stubborn, really loyal, really stupid, or a combination of all of the above.

My insane Lena fanatacism is unusual, though, even by my sick, twisted standards.

Wolkenvanger
May 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Dedicated fan of:
Ana Ivanovic
Sania Mirza
Bethanie Mattek-Sands
Anne Keothavong

Next to that, I also like Jelena Dementieva, Vera Zvonareva, Caroline Wozniacki, Maria Kirilenko, Katarina Srebotnik, Li Na, Melinda Czink, Kimiko Date Krumm(, and Tatiana Golovin.) Quite a list. :')

Dandy_Warhol
May 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
i have such a love-hate relationship with my faves but i've never thought of dropping support from them :angel:

°°°VaMoS RaFa°°°
May 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
All-time faves:
Amélie
Sam
Timea

Grown on me:
Justine
Mel
Alicia
Venus

Was my fave but not anymore:
Hingis

On the way to dropp:
Sveta

The Daviator
May 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
I will always support Shitvanovic, ugh.

Life was so easy when Linds was my #1 fave :sobbing:

Kipling
May 3rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
More or less as a consequence of seeing them play in person the past couple of years, I've become a fan of Cirstea, Zheng, Goerges, Vesnina, Morita, Kuznetsova, Kleybanova, Tomljanovic, Ammanmuradova and Govortsova.

miffedmax
May 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
^^^ No one will ever accuse you of being a front-runner. ;) (That's actually cool).

Kipling
May 3rd, 2010, 07:10 PM
^^^ No one will ever accuse you of being a front-runner. ;) (That's actually cool).

But I don't get to enjoy too many matches on TV.... :sad:

Hey, your gal Alexa is playing in my local challenger this week. If she's playing a night match this week, I may have to go check her out.

Vikapower
May 3rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
All time favourites
Sharapova, Azarenka, Vaidisova

Second favourites:
Ana, Sori, Carla, Jie, Jelena

Recent fave(s):
Lisicki

Possible favourites:
Clijsters, Mladenovic

Faves I've given up on:
Chakvetadze, Alizée Cornet

Wozniacki, Justine

Tennis90
May 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
I think I'll never stop supporting Ana no matter what,I just wanna see her back and I know it will happen,it's just a matter of time.
Over these 2 years while she was struggling not one moment I thought of giving up on her ;)
I love Kim Clijsters too,she's done so much lately and she has a great personality too.

I used do dislike Maria,she seemed too confindent sometimes...but now I realize I was just stupid :P
I hope she'll be back,WTA's missing her....
I also used to support JJ...now I just..don't do that anymore ;) I always had mixed feelings about her,yeah I respect her but
she's not on my list of favourites anymore...

King Halep
May 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM

Maybe he is just a big fan of consonants

Dave.
May 4th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I've still got support for pretty much all my faves. But gosh Ana has tested me like no other. :o I stuck it out for Marion, won't ever be "dropping" her. Have yet to see about Victoria. Her attitude has put me off at times but I won't ever tire of watching her play. :help: me if she goes on a slump like the other two have.

I will always support Shitvanovic, ugh.

Life was so easy when Linds was my #1 fave :sobbing:

Yeah, Lindsay was so reliable. :inlove: Could never see her game collapsing the way others' have. I don't think I realised how good us Linds fans had it, even with the whole 4th slam fiasco.

Sund7101
May 4th, 2010, 02:29 AM
All-Time Favs: Pierce, Hingis, Seles, Capriati

Favs Still Playing: Serena, Venus, Bartoli, Radwanska, Tanasugarn, Date Krumm

Like, but starting to give up on: Chakvetadze, Dokic, Sprem

Growing on me: Kirilenko, Voegele, Pennetta

Losing Interest: Zheng

miffedmax
May 4th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I'm not so much dropping support of, but I'm thinking with kid #2 on the way it may be time to give up on my hopes for a Myskina to make a fucking comeback.

delicatecutter
May 4th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Used to be a huge fan of Dementieva but am not anymore for reasons that really don't have much to do with her.

I used to really love Szavay as well but now not so much. For reasons that have to do with her. :lol: Same with Hantuchova.

I am a fan of tennis and there are so many girls I like. Since Mauresmo retired I think I've had 4 different girls in her place in my siggy. :sobbing:

Dandy_Warhol
May 4th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Used to be a huge fan of Dementieva but am not anymore for reasons that really don't have much to do with her.

I used to really love Szavay as well but now not so much. For reasons that have to do with her. :lol: Same with Hantuchova.

I am a fan of tennis and there are so many girls I like. Since Mauresmo retired I think I've had 4 different girls in her place in my siggy. :sobbing:

i didn't know we have so much faves in common :eek::kiss:

delicatecutter
May 4th, 2010, 03:26 AM
i didn't know we have so much faves in common :eek::kiss:

Former/retired faves. :rolls:

Dandy_Warhol
May 4th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Former/retired faves. :rolls:

i know :haha:

we're still semi-soulmates though:p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 4th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I stop supporting those players who change their nacionalities

delicatecutter
May 4th, 2010, 03:31 AM
i know :haha:

we're still semi-soulmates though:p

Aren't you a girl? :unsure:

Chakvenus
May 4th, 2010, 03:34 AM
actually i LOVED vika in 2008 early 2009, but then when she won Miami all the hype around her really killed my love for her.
still like her, but no where near as much as the gross obsession i used to have...

Dandy_Warhol
May 4th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Aren't you a girl? :unsure:

yes :D so you don't love me now just because? :sad:

delicatecutter
May 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM
yes :D so you don't love me now just because? :sad:

I love you more then. :rolls: Girls don't tend to disappoint me. :hearts:

Dandy_Warhol
May 4th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I love you more then. :rolls: Girls don't tend to disappoint me. :hearts:

:hug:

davidtennis515
May 4th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Wozniacki, she's boring me into a coma.

Rafito.
May 4th, 2010, 06:30 AM
All Time Faves-
Sharapova
Azarenka
Ivanovic

New Favourites-
Lisicki
Wozniacki
Cibulkova
Vesnina

Use to like-
Jankovic

debby
May 4th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I think I won't be trusted :rolls: :happy:

Favourites:
Justine Henin
Victoria Azarenka
Nicole Vaidisova (retired now)
Jelena Jankovic
Agnieszka Radwanska

And... well.. I was a Sharapova fan, when she was playing everyone but Henin, I was rooting for her so badly :awww: then I stopped supporting her when she won the US Open 2006 :rolls: Now she is #1 on my black list :tape:
Venus was also one of my faves, but I lost interest for her, I can't explain why. Still I like to watch her playing :)
I gave up on Hantuchova, dunno why.

New faves I used to dislike before : Kim Clijsters

Growing on me : Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki (because of all the hate she receives on gm :tape: :lol: )

saki
May 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I only really have the one fave - Justine - but the list of players that I enjoy watching varies. I like Jankovic and Aga for their style of play, I like watching Wickmayer because she seems to have her nerves under control, a rare thing in a WTA player, and I appreciate Sharapova, Serena and Venus for the same reason.

MechWarrior2k
May 26th, 2010, 04:21 AM
I'm ashamed to be a Safina fan after what happened at this year's French Open. :( Azarenka was being a piss-poor loser. :(

HRHoliviasmith
May 26th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Aravane Rezai...new fan checking in.

WowWow
May 26th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Aravane Rezai...new fan checking in.

I was hoping you'd say Sharpie :awww::lol:

:wavey:

Singleniacki
May 26th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I would be a fan of Aravane but she's a bitch to marion :hysteric:

Aryman3
May 26th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I cannot imagine situation in which I would withdraw my support for Radwanska sisters
My support is unconditional: for good and bad times
It doesn't mean however that I don't see some weak points in their play or behaviour
I give myself right to criticise my idols

So Disrespectful
May 26th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I like Azarenka a little more since watching her beat Zvonareva live at the Australian Open this year.

osseous
May 26th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Supporting Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova. :angel:
I'm ashamed to be a Safina fan after what happened at this year's French Open. :( Azarenka was being a piss-poor loser. :(

:hug:

Sylvester
May 26th, 2010, 06:55 AM
All Time Faves:

Dementieva
Jankovic
Clijsters
Zvonareva
Date-Krumm

New Favorites:

MJ Martinez
Kleybanova
Pennetta
Chinese Girls

Used to like:

Azarenka

MB.
May 26th, 2010, 07:01 AM
All time favorite:
Jelena Jankovic.

Generally like and root for:
Ana, Dementieva

Potential for future fandom:
Halep, U. Radwanska, Rus, Cibulkova, Petkovic

Faves I've given up on:
Chakvetadze

Zvonareva, Safina, Cornet

Sexysova
May 26th, 2010, 07:20 AM

:bigcry:

darkgemini87
May 26th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Did think of giving up but NEVER did...:bounce:
love Daniela Hantuchova... it was love at first sight...

earthcrystal
May 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I have a really hard time understanding how fans can just withdraw support from players they've always cheered on. (Unless its for behavior they don't condone, of course.) But just because they "fail to produce" the kind of results you'd like to see them achieve? No, doesn't compute. I mean, don't you think *they* want to produce? IMO, a true fan is there to support a player through thick and thin. Players most need their fans there cheering them on when their struggling for confidence or form, so that's what (real) fans do.

**shrug** Perhaps different definitions of "fan" are at play here.

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I agree, earthcrystal. Can't think of any player I've dropped. Even if they don't really get anywhere, doesn't mean I don't want them to or don't cheer them.

claypova
May 26th, 2010, 11:26 AM
All Time Faves:
Sharapova
Dementieva
Stosur
Li

New Favorites:
Kimiko
Rezai
+ other aussies/asians

Used to like:
Henin, Kirilenko, Clijsters

Human Nature
May 26th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Serena Williams whatever the "weather" like and its has been like that for 10 years now .

Then Venus but not unconditionaly .. .

Inktrailer
May 26th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I generally like players because there's something about their personality that I like. It'd take a complete clash with my own ethics for me to 'drop' a player.