PDA

View Full Version : i think i should go

schnyder lover
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:01 PM
i never meant to piss anybody off, i just wanted to help. i only just joined the board and did not know that you guys needed 100% accurate/non confusing scores when there is no live scoreboard anywhere. i mean it was not easy calling switzerland from australia. i think i should probably withdraw my membership. no offense though.

mboyle
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:06 PM
No that is okay. We can use anyscores we get. Don't worry about it! Some members are idiotic jerks, but don't let them get to you.

mom3
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:07 PM
oh dear, please, stay here, but don't give wrong scores ;)
no offense at all :kiss:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:07 PM
I appreciated what you did. Don't go :) (especially considering you are a Patty fan...!!!)

griffin
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:13 PM
schnyder lover, you don't need to leave, or cancel your membership or any such thing.

You just need to try to get the names and scores correct before you post results, that's all. (I'm not sure how pointing that out is offensive or mean).

schnyder lover
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:25 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate your support. i am very fragile, although even i will admit i was acting a little, if not a lot. just a bit pissed at griffin's very frank comment, are you by any chance from the US Griffin? i would like to post scores but it it 1230am here and i have uni early tomoz so i have to go - when the farina - panova match starts you can get live scores from: http://releaze.dk/enetpulse/?s=1&language=en

i do not know if you knew that, but thought it might help. and i would just like to finish with a quote which I found on a very wise person's message box:

"Don't argue with idiots: they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

- Ayla

so true griffin!

matthias
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:44 PM
stay with us
and don´t care about the idiots

Gallofa
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Oh, you've got to be kidding guys!

I don't see how what griffin said is rude or offensive. When I saw your thread this morning I thought "this has got to be the less informative information thread posted in this Board in a long time".

griffin is doing you a big favour here, whether you appreciate it or not, and whether you want to listen to all the people patting your back now.

One of the big non written rules of this board is: "Do NOT post wrong scores" - we all appreciate the information, and your efforts, if you give the right information, otherwise, as griffin said, it's better not to post it. Because probably the same people patting your back now, will want a piece of your ass tomorrow if you post a wrong score involving their fav. And let me assure you, it does get very ugly around these parts when wrong scores are involved.

schnyder lover
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:49 AM
i posted one wrong score! eveyone wanted me to post them - you had like fifty people here waiting for scores and they were never coming - i know having the wrong scores is annoying, but it was not like the scores were wrong all the time, it was just from the first email i could not make who was playing. i think everybody knew who the match was between. i am not patting myself on the back either, i was helping. you did not have to acknowledge the link, but lots of people wanted to. i am very sorry, in future i will not try and help you guys. and by the way it probably was the most informative thread for some people, because it showed the true sides of some member's personalities.

danielrosario
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:15 AM
IMO, as long as Schnyder Lover or anyone else makes it clear that they are not very sure about the scores, it's quite okay to post them.
then people who don't want to read them can just go on to the next message while those who do read them know that they may not be accurate.

BTW, welcome to this board, Schnyder Lover, and I can tell you you'll have much better experiences here... And I appeciate your efforts to give us live scores :)