PDA

View Full Version : When is Maria's season really gonna start?

s_j
Apr 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
So far it's been a first round loss at the Australian Open, then a win at Memphis (WHOO! But Memphis... :rolleyes:), and then a very disappointing Indian Wells, followed by 6 weeks of injury. I sure as hell thought Maria's 2010 would have started off with a bang. At this rate, I'm looking forward to 2011 already! (Of course, not really.) So when is Maria's great season really going to start? Roland Garros? Grass? American Hardcourt season?!

gc-spurs
Apr 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM
RG cause she's a clay girl now

KK2009
Apr 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I can't imagine what good results it will bring in clay season.

Human Nature
Apr 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Not because she doesnt win nothing big means her season has not already started , it has ..but the results are disapointing thats all .

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 17th, 2010, 10:14 AM
what's her next tournament? Rome?

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM
She didn't say anything. I guess we won't see her before Madrid, though. Maria doesn't have Rome on her schedule, only Madrid, and I think we would have heard if she had taken a wc like Serena did...

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
So, AO + Memphis + IW in 4 months :eek:
And if we count last year, it's 3 tournaments in 6 months...

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM
what's her next tournament? Rome?

It's not on her schedule unfortunately. And someone like Maria isn't probably going to add anything to her schedule.

Maria Croft
Apr 17th, 2010, 03:43 PM
2013?

claypova
Apr 18th, 2010, 12:25 AM
hpoe she does well in grass season.
i miss her. she needs to get back :(

Lucas_Arg
Apr 18th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Well her web says she is coming back in May in red clay, but doesn't say Madrid.
Maybe Rome is still possible.

Eduardo Oliveira
Apr 18th, 2010, 03:08 AM
:sobbing:

A semi or something I think she can on clay :p
but a title (a great title), in USO series :D .. She will win birmingham before :angel:

The Witch-king
Apr 18th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Jeez just one clay tournament? Is that wise?

Mikey B
Apr 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
when she wins roland garros in a few weeks!! hehe

JamieOwen3
Apr 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
i actually think she can do well on clay i don't know why but she does seem to have struggled on the faster surfaces since coming back maybe the clay is what she need for her confidence before the grass im so hoping she wins a couple torurnaments b4 wimbledon a clay and a grass tournament would be nice

madmax
Apr 18th, 2010, 03:27 PM
i actually think she can do well on clay i don't know why but she does seem to have struggled on the faster surfaces since coming back maybe the clay is what she need for her confidence before the grass im so hoping she wins a couple torurnaments b4 wimbledon a clay and a grass tournament would be nice

she doesn't struggle on faster surfaces - those are her best surfaces actually:lol:She won Premier indoor hard title last fall, and those are as fast as they come

JamieOwen3
Apr 18th, 2010, 03:40 PM
she doesn't struggle on faster surfaces - those are her best surfaces actually:lol:She won Premier indoor hard title last fall, and those are as fast as they come

oh i know :lol: but hasn't she done better on slower surfaces since coming back? Maria obviously loves faster surfaces she always will i just meant after her comeback apart from a couple tournaments. but still lets hope she makes a big impact on every tournament she plays when she comes back :) i just uploaded highlights of her match against harkleroad 2006 wimbledon court 2 is really fast IMO and she was just AWESOME!

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
We all know her game suits faster surfaces, but result wise, lately it seems she's doing better much on clay. Especially her Grand Slam results. But its not a bad thing, I don't mind if she'll play better on clay especially because the French Open is baically what I care about from now on anyway. :lol:

froggysveta
Apr 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM
According to the WTA website, Maria's next scheduled tournament is the Mutua Madrilena Open starting 10th May in Madrid, so she'd be tentatively pencilled in on the players' entry list, but of course nothing is certain. :sad: I actually reckon that, if all goes well, she might try dipping a toe in the water in Rome at the BNL d'Italia (Italian Open) the week before Madrid - it's a big tournament and it would be a real shame if she had to miss that one too.

But as usual, we just have to "wait and see"........... :rolleyes:

claypova
Apr 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM
According to the WTA website, Maria's next scheduled tournament is the Mutua Madrilena Open starting 10th May in Madrid, so she'd be tentatively pencilled in on the players' entry list, but of course nothing is certain. :sad: I actually reckon that, if all goes well, she might try dipping a toe in the water in Rome at the BNL d'Italia (Italian Open) the week before Madrid - it's a big tournament and it would be a real shame if she had to miss that one too.

But as usual, we just have to "wait and see"........... :rolleyes:

she's not on the entry list, nor is rome on her schedule.
i don't think Maria will get a WC, she never plays many events.

Pops Maellard
Apr 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
I miss her. :sad:

Hope she plays Madrid. :cool: It's kind of weird how she started her comeback doing well at RG, and then losing to Dulko, Oudin (worst match of her career) and Kirilenko in her next 3 slams. :sobbing:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
There has to be some sort of feeling that's bothering her at the Slams. I mean, she does well in all the other tournaments and it's just weird she moves backward whenever it's the Slams.

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Lol.