PDA

View Full Version : Any news with Maria's shoulder/elbow/confidence/whatever the hell it is...?

s_j
Mar 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
She's played 3 tournaments: one win and two huge disappointments, and then she's injured again. I really miss her presence, even when she's losing. Does anyone have any updates?

Boreas
Mar 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Her overcrowded subforum never came to your mind as useful source of information?

cehowardrx7
Mar 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I have a comment, not an update. I have noticed that smart players when they are injured, they stop and take of the injury. Sure, you can play through the injury and most of the time you have to pay when you do it that way. That's what I think happen to Maria. She was playing super good, destined to go to the top and above. But, to get injured hard enough to need surgery is a downfall.

Lubijic, is a good example of a smart player. He was up a set, and leading in the second set, but he knew something got injured and made the decision to quit instead on going for the win, and risking making the injury worst.

Serena is injured she opted to stay out. In hindsight, I think Maria should have laid low when first signs of an injury. But, the desire and lust to play is a hard thing to overcome.

Just my opinion.