PDA

View Full Version : Petra Martic has no weapons

barboza
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I recorded her winning points at IW both of which were a result of Jankovic's UE.. I don't get how she won against rezai.

D_oNMajnNR8

kyiKCG3uN5Y

donnico
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
dude u have no idea who she is :) sorry, maybe in these points you have recorded, she played weak.. but you should see, that she plays wonderful tennis and that she is very clever.. by the way she is my friend and she told me she was veery nervous because it was jankovic. she told me that it's still tough for her for winning matches against top players cause she can't believe that she is able to beat them.. that's totally normal for each young player.. but now she is learning and learning and is doing great progress.. you can say what you want, but martic will be top 10, at least that!!!

Inger67
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:28 PM
dude u have no idea who she is :) sorry, maybe in these points you have recorded, she played weak.. but you should see, that she plays wonderful tennis and that she is very clever.. by the way she is my friend and she told me she was veery nervous because it was jankovic. she told me that it's still tough for her for winning matches against top players cause she can't believe that she is able to beat them.. that's totally normal for each young player.. but now she is learning and learning and is doing great progress.. you can say what you want, but martic will be top 10, at least that!!!

Amen.

Freakan
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:30 PM
barboza has no brain :sad:

roelc
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:30 PM
she played a very good match against wickmayer in paris. i was impressed.
we will hear more about this girl!

donnico
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:33 PM
seems so..

Lighter
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I saw her match vs Yanina in Paris. Of course, Wickmayer made a lot of errors. But her game seems solid. And i guess that she's mentally strong :
3 sets vs Yanina
3 sets vs Julie
3 sets vs Aravane
And she finally wins. Of course, she's talented.

fantic
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:12 PM
eh..I have more pts recorded at my youtube acct. please check those out, my id is fantic7

miffedmax
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM
No brains, no weapons...can the Top 10 be far away?

#kArLoS#
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM

and I will be the next Pope:rolleyes:

tennismaster8820
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Luckily nobody here takes you seriously! :lol:

Petra is fine player whose ranking is constantly improving, she is very incosistent for now but hopefully that changes.

laurie
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I recorded her winning points at IW both of which were a result of Jankovic's UE.. I don't get how she won against rezai.

D_oNMajnNR8

kyiKCG3uN5Y

What are two clips of 24 seconds and 10 seconds supposed to tell us about someone's game.

Is this a joke?

Serenita
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM

He's a brainbasher:awww:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM

It's very easy to explain, actually.
Martic's game is reactive as she thrives on the pace generated by her opponents, that's why she's fairly successful against b-rated big hitters like Wickmayer and Rezai. But she doesn't have an active weapon and immensely struggles against anyone who doesn't hit hard and allows her to "construct" rallies by herself (match vs Wozniacki at the USO was the extreme example).

fantic
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
does that mean Martic will advance to Q by beating Wickmayer & Li(if she wins her 1st two matches)? :lol:

pav
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:54 PM
:lol:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Madonna has no bras.

:weirdo:

donnico
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Madonna has no bras.

:weirdo:
then look for a girl with bras nerd..

Jaco·He
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM
good

Elwin.
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM
:haha:

fantic
Mar 26th, 2010, 02:37 AM
maybe 'I heart Mimi' could provide some insight about Martic's match against Rezai..(it's on Miami board)

Langers
Mar 26th, 2010, 02:44 AM
To me, Martic has all the tools to be a top 10 player. Someone comes along who is a ball basher, they are bagged. Someone comes along who is a 'pusher', they are bagged. Not sure what the good folk at TF actually want. Martic will be a terrific player for many years.

barboza
Mar 26th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Top 10? When pigs fly..

Jajaloo
Mar 26th, 2010, 04:09 AM

-dead- :lol:

Inger67
Mar 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Top 10? When pigs fly..

You know people said the same thing about Caroline Wozniacki. So just wait and see before you criticize. :rolleyes:

M.P
Mar 26th, 2010, 08:06 AM
watch her vs wickmayer BITCH

Jeff
Mar 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM

You must have been sitting literally right in front of me. Perhaps it just wasn't a good day for Petra, but I too wasn't impressed with her game. In fact, I was flat out bored. Jelena didn't have to put much effort into her victory that's for sure.

Danii's Law
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Not saying she's bad but come on Top 10? Really?
Since when does a win over Yanina a top player make.

Cakeisgood
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Juanes
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM
well.... even if she is able to beat players like Rezai without weapons .... Mouratoglou must be proud on his work then.... :lol:

nicidle
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:29 AM
watched her play at Paris and i dun think she's without weapons.

Noctis
Mar 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
oh shap up

Pops Maellard
Mar 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Is that you JJ? :haha:

дalex
Mar 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Barboza Jankovic? http://i46.tinypic.com/17a1p5.gif

madmax
Mar 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
c'mon now...Petra is a lovely gal with smooth silky game

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
At least she can't shot herself in the foot like so many players. :shrug:

No seriously, when I hear the term "she doesn't haven't any weapons" I immediately switch off and draw the conclusion that the poster doesn't have a serious understanding of tennis. This is not to say that some players don't hit the ball harder than others and yes, hitting the ball hard can be a significant asset in women's tennis but to simplify a player's ability with such a trite line always says a lot more about the poster than it does about the player. Simply there are lot of ways to win matches and a lot qualities that go into a successful tennis player, many of which actually have very little to do with their racket skills. A disciplined, hard working young woman with a good head on her shoulders and willingness to learn and improve will often have a far more successful career than that proverbial player "with weapons" who will quite frequently lack these other qualities.

As for Martic, I think she is a breath of fresh air and an exciting young emerging talent. I actually think Corswandt did a fine job summing up Martic's abilities in another post earlier this week in this post. Yeah I know Corswandt and I have had some quarrels in the past but I have to say he can make some excellent posts of which this is certainly one. http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=17474629&postcount=22

schorsch
Mar 26th, 2010, 01:41 PM
This doesn't differ from his other posts one bit... he just writes down his opinion and you don't have to be a ballbasher to get a compliment from him. Whenever he likes what he sees he's gonna write about it, whenever he doesn't likewise. The difference lies in you not agreeing with his views and making it look like he's a plain hater. When in fact he even manages to make the posts funny while still offering a lot insight and vast tennis knowledge.

At least he makes an effort to watch the matches and study the players' games analyzing their games no matter what style they play. In fact his take on their games hugely depends on how effective it is in terms of weapons/making it on the tour wether it may be power, tactics or variety and then he also takes his personal aesthetics into consideration which he adds to the posts later on.

In fact you are the one that doesn't stay objective as you will only rant about the crafty players and "push" yourself to the limits to "defend" them as soon as somebody "drops a shot" at them instead of putting things into perspective in terms of just how much craftiness and how much power baselining without going into a UE-fest is healthy for your game considering how the game is played these days which is imo, just what Corswandt does in his posts.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
This doesn't differ from his other posts one bit... he just writes down his opinion and you don't have to be a ballbasher to get a compliment from him. Whenever he likes what he sees he's gonna write about it, whenever he doesn't likewise. The difference lies in you not agreeing with his views and making it look like he's a plain hater. When in fact he even manages to make the posts funny while still offering a lot insight and vast tennis knowledge.

At least he makes an effort to watch the matches and study the players' games analyzing their games no matter what style they play. In fact his take on their games hugely depends on how effective it is in terms of weapons/making it on the tour wether it may be power, tactics or variety and then he also takes his personal aesthetics into consideration which he adds to the posts later on.

In fact you are the one that doesn't stay objective as you will only rant about the crafty players and "push" yourself to the limits to "defend" them as soon as somebody "drops a shot" at them instead of putting things into perspective in terms of just how much craftiness and how much power baselining without going into a UE-fest is healthy for your game considering how the game is played these days which is imo, just what Corswandt does in his posts.

Corswandt is a great writer and he makes a lot of fine posts, I don't want to say I always agree with him, obviously two people who have strong opinions aren't always going to agree on everything, but that's fine. We have had our share of disagreements in the past but I would actually like to put them to the past, in truth I don't really see any mature reason why I should actually dislike Corwandt or vice versa. I simply refered here to a post of his because I thought it summed up Martic pretty well.

As for myself, I am simply a tennis fan. My taste is perhaps a bit eccentric for which I see no reason to make any apologies. I do like quite a few finesse type players its true. I also like Sania Mirza, Julia Vakulenko, Yaroslava Shvedova and I'm even warming to the biggest hitter of them all Alisa Kleybanova. Very importantly, I speak only for myself. Additionally despite what you might think I do fully appreciate the value power has in the women's game. The last thing I would ever what is to do is get into some kind of "pusher" vs "ballbasher" type of debate. I don't even like those terms. And actually tennis is a much better sport when we have variety and an assortment of hitters of all different styles and approaches, ranging for the biggest, brawniest hitters out there to the girls who scamper back and forth merely trying to keep the ball in play. It's all good.

I gather from your post you don't like me very much. Nevermind. :shrug:

schorsch
Mar 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Oh please :lol: Sania, Julia, Yari and Klebs all big users of a combination of power and angle which is probably what you like about their groundies.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Oh please :lol: Sania, Julia, Yari and Klebs all big users of a combination of power and angle which is probably what you like about their groundies.

If you say so. :shrug:

Why does it matter? Is this something I need to defend for some reason? I'm struggling to see what you are getting at here.

Langers
Mar 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
c'mon now...Petra is a lovely gal with smooth silky game
Just wanted to quote this post. It's right on the money. :)