PDA

View Full Version : After Miami cameo, Harkleroad to return in summer

disco_rage
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
From tennis.com

After Miami cameo, Harkleroad to return in summer
March 24, 2010After falling to Alicia Molik 6-1 6-1 in the first round in the first round of Miami, Ashley Harkleroad says she won’t compete again until the World TeamTennis season in July.

The new mother decided to compete in Miami so she could hold on to her protected ranking of No. 70. "Thank goodness I got through it,” she said. “It was somewhat painless considering I only practiced for a month. The good thing is I actually somewhat enjoyed myself out there but I'm now happy to be a full time mommy again...until Team Tennis.”—M.C.

Really wise decision for Ashley, get some training in and comeback in a few months, but still have the advantage of the protected ranking at No.70.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry, but this comeback does not sound promising. Getting the impression she'll play Team Tennis, the US events on the WTA Tour, the US Open, and then retire once her protected rank runs out. She does NOT sound committed to slogging it out in challengers with a baby in tow.

NyCPsU
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM
^ I agree. She will pick up convenient 1r pay checks where she can but I do not see her fully committed to the tour again.