PDA

View Full Version : Miami R1: Tamira PASZEK (AUT) def. Anne KEOTHAVONG (GBR) 6-4 6-2

joe87
Mar 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Tamira :eek: :woohoo:

Can't believe she won a match with quite a good scoreline. :D :yeah:

Looking forward to I Heart Mimi's report now! :bounce:

leebeasy
Mar 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Oh Anne! :(
Led with a break for the majority of the 1st set and then just fell away. Better luck at your next tournament.

Uranus
Mar 24th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Memphis was promising. Please regain your form, Anne!

Tamira, though :inlove:.

JJ's biatch
Mar 24th, 2010, 06:34 PM
omg, Tamira actually won a match :sobbing: keep it up! :hearts:

Monica_Rules
Mar 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Anne :o

Sexysova
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM
well done Tamira! :D great win for her! unexpected :D

but I think something happened when it was 4-2 for Keothavong or sth, there was a longer break..

ViennaCalling
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
http://musikality.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/shocked.jpg

Tamira won a match? :eek:

Tamira won a match in straight sets? :speakles:

Thanks god, after your loss in IW I thought you are finished :hug:
Keep it up :yeah:

Joe.
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
anne plays shit in the american spring tournaments :o

LucyFromLondon
Mar 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
anne plays shit in the american spring tournaments :o

Sorry, but Anne really needs to make her mind up. All the support British players are getting from London is beyind the wildest dreams of players from many countries. Either Anne backs that support up or hangs up her racket. These are matches she should be walking through.

*Jean*
Mar 24th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Yay, well done Tamira! :yeah:

rucolo
Mar 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
A WTA main draw win for Tamira!:speakles::kiss::bounce:

Very good scoreline also.
No Ace, 6 DFs.:help::lol:

Really important win for Mimi.
So happy for her.

Next #22 seed Pavlyuchenkova.

Singleniacki
Mar 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
http://musikality.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/shocked.jpg

Tamira won a match? :eek:

Tamira won a match in straight sets? :speakles:

Thanks god, after your loss in IW I thought you are finished :hug:
Keep it up :yeah:

This, tamira is so talented.
Hope you keep it up babe!

paul_masterton
Mar 24th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry, but Anne really needs to make her mind up. All the support British players are getting from London is beyind the wildest dreams of players from many countries. Either Anne backs that support up or hangs up her racket. These are matches she should be walking through.

Anne's grandmother died yesterday, she said something along the lines of

"I tried to fight through my emotions but tennis just didn't seem that important today."

On paper yes a bad loss, but we don't always know what is happening to a player.

And with what Anne has achieved regardless of today she has "backed that support up".

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM

"I tried to fight through my emotions but tennis just didn't seem that important today."

On paper yes a bad loss, but we don't always know what is happening to a player.

And with what Anne has achieved regardless of today she has "backed that support up".

I didn't know that.

Such sad news.

JJ's biatch
Mar 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM
RIP Anne's grandmother :sad:

julia carrot
Mar 24th, 2010, 10:08 PM

Thank you for this post

Josh.
Mar 24th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Rest up Anne. Hopefully you are feeling ok :hug:

hdfb
Mar 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM

Right, because so many other British players have performed better than her in the past few years and have cracked the top 60.

andrewC
Mar 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
oh Anne :tears: sad news

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Tamimi :eek: :woohoo:

Randy H
Mar 25th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Anne :sad: Sorry to hear about her grandmother :(

Kipling
Mar 25th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Tamira served better than she has in about three years, and with the rest of her game, Keothovong had nothing for Tamira, period, grandmother or not.

Tamira's groundstrokes were more penetrating, she made fewer errors, won virtually every long rally in the match, and was stronger mentally.

Her serve was very impressive, harder than I've ever seen it, and her second serves were deep and strong, and the DFs she had were not costly, and were the result of being aggressive, not tentative. Goerges, another player I saw today, has a TENTATIVE second serve. Mimi did too, but her new coach must be working on that because she looked like a totally new player today.

Keothovong tried to drill Tamira with a shot in the beginning of set 2, when Mimi was at the net. The ball hit her hard in the forehead, and though she shook it off, she also quite clearly indicated to her coach and Dad that she thought it was intentional, and I agree. Keothovong didn't look real shaken up about it, not even when the trainer was called a few games later to examine Tamira for a concussion. I'm glad all it did was piss Mimi off, because the other one didn't stand a chance after that.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Wow, good job Tamira. Still young enough to be an up and comer :p

willnz
Mar 25th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Watch out for the NEW Mimi. Once her serve is bedded in, she will get bacvk to where she was a couple of years ago.

LightsOut!
Mar 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
:yeah: Tamira :yeah:

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Now Tamira plays another teen, Anastasia

Petkorazzi
Mar 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Anne comes across as really nice off the court, but she is really classless on the court :tape:

Good win for Tamira :) Feels like she's been around for ages, but she turned just 19 not long ago! Get that ranking back up gurl :smoke:

WozLolz
Mar 25th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, Anne.:sad:

Joe.
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM
ahh anne :sad: :hug:

rnwerner
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I always rememeber her first round loss against Jankovic at the AO.
Paszek has loads of talent.

Eduardo Oliveira
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Great Tamira!! :yeah:

ViennaCalling
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Tamira served better than she has in about three years, and with the rest of her game, Keothovong had nothing for Tamira, period, grandmother or not.

Tamira's groundstrokes were more penetrating, she made fewer errors, won virtually every long rally in the match, and was stronger mentally.

Her serve was very impressive, harder than I've ever seen it, and her second serves were deep and strong, and the DFs she had were not costly, and were the result of being aggressive, not tentative. Goerges, another player I saw today, has a TENTATIVE second serve. Mimi did too, but her new coach must be working on that because she looked like a totally new player today.

Keothovong tried to drill Tamira with a shot in the beginning of set 2, when Mimi was at the net. The ball hit her hard in the forehead, and though she shook it off, she also quite clearly indicated to her coach and Dad that she thought it was intentional, and I agree. Keothovong didn't look real shaken up about it, not even when the trainer was called a few games later to examine Tamira for a concussion. I'm glad all it did was piss Mimi off, because the other one didn't stand a chance after that.

:hearts: THAT sounds good, because the serve was/is her biggest weakness :tape:

Who is her coach at the moment? Still Jürgen Waber, the coach of Sybille Bammer?
If yes, then Kudos! :worship: