PDA

View Full Version : Say JJ wins this...esp in straights say 2 n 4...

Serena y Monica
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM
how much confidence does she gain?

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:01 PM
for the tournament a lot...beating Wozniaki.....None..... Lets not kid ourselves..this wouldnt really be an upset...

Ellery
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Nice attempt to jinx.

Serena y Monica
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:04 PM
What jinx...I kinda like Jelena and I certainly want her to win...that's why I posed a question ...not an assumption of a victory. This is Jelena....she could easily loose.

Julian.
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:04 PM
Stop jinxing!!!!!! :o

Mynarco
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:05 PM
stop jinxing dumbass :o

DragonFlame
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:05 PM
She's playing well but wozniacki is playing like shit. Wozniacki is even failing at pushing right now. :help: So i doubt this win will say much, she needs to beat some real competitors.

For the love of god may wozniacki at least find some of her game in the second set. She'll be #2. >.>

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:11 PM
She's playing well but wozniacki is playing like shit. Wozniacki is even failing at pushing right now. :help: So i doubt this win will say much, she needs to beat some real competitors.

For the love of god may wozniacki at least find some of her game in the second set. She'll be #2. >.>

well, I thought it was interesting they were saying Jankovic hasnt won a title since August.... neither has Wozniaki..

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:12 PM
This tells more about Wozniacki. She has never won a title this big.
Jankovic needs a good major. She had 5 bad majors in a row.

Serena y Monica
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:15 PM
Still...If she wins Indian Wells beating the newly or soon to be crowned #2...she will have something to strutt about. Not sure she'll be back completely but this is a good start. Which hopefully will translate to better tennis for us.

Potato
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:17 PM
Don't jinx her :help:

madmax
since when a win over underpowered Pushniacki is some kind of confidence booster?:haha: Any top player with a steady game should blast her off the court...

~{X}~
She shouldn't have nothing to gain. Sure happiness that she won a big title, but let's not kid ourselves, who did she have to beat to win? Exactly. No one.

Willam
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
I'm so happy JJ is wiping the court with that freaking pusher. :woohoo:

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
Still...If she wins Indian Wells beating the newly or soon to be crowned #2...she will have something to strutt about. Not sure she'll be back completely but this is a good start. Which hopefully will translate to better tennis for us.

Do the players actually consider her #2 though? Its about mindset and matchups... Jankovic has never lost to her... granted their matches have gone 3 sets, its not like the 3rd set was close....

~{X}~
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
I'm so happy JJ is wiping the court with that freaking pusher. :woohoo:

Honey, Jankovic herself is a glorified pusher.

Serena y Monica
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:21 PM
She shouldn't have nothing to gain. Sure happiness that she won a big title, but let's not kid ourselves, who did she have to beat to win? Exactly. No one.

C'mon. Woz isn't some talentless hack...she's definitely top ten player...and she seems to be making some improvements. Serving a bit bigger...I think this builds confidence.

Marty-Dom
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM

Enough confidence to start talking she's the real #1. This is JJ after all.

jefrilibra
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
Go Lady JaJa!!!

I cant believe Im rooting for you!

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM

Enough confidence to start talking she's the real #1. This is JJ after all.

:haha: so true :haha:

~{X}~
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Yes but Wozniacki isn't someone who Jankovic ever had problems with before. And Wozniacki isn't even playing that well at the moment.

If Jankovic beat lets say Henin, Kuznetsova, Clijsters, Dementieva, people like that... then she should gain confidence. But beating people like Stosur or Errani(barely), Wozniacki(who is not doing well in the Finals), Kleybanova(Who was tired.) Yeah...

LindsayRulz
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:24 PM
4 points? You're quite optimist. ;)

Foals.
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:20 AM
What a prediction! :eek: :lol:

Bobisa
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:29 AM
:worship:

Cp6uja
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
Thread starter is not just lucky! I have pretty same expectations from this final (not that precise of course, but similar):

She beat Kuznetsova and Kleybanova in FED CUP and in last three matches easy beat in-form players Peer, Stosur and Kleybanova 62 62 62 64 64 64. Acapulco Mickey Mouse warm-up event and early round troubles vs mediocre player means nothing (Caro has even bigger problems vs King in opening match here at 5-7 6-2 1-4). So Yes... she is back!

My predictions is not based on theirs JJ lead 3-0 h2h which is IMO corrupted by fact that Wozniacki only at last one played like member of WTA TOP10/TOP5. I'm talking about fact that Caro so far at "big finals" (tournaments with 1M$+ money prize) still not won any SET (vs Clijsters, Safina and even Lisicki). On other hand Jelena played so far 9 big finals (1M$+) where only multiple slam winners SerenaX2, Henin and Sharapova is able to beat her. All other opponents (SafinaX2, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva and Cornet) all together not win even one single SET in all this "big finals" against JJ!

(from W.W.W. IW final thread)

Simple Jelena > Caro, and in big finals JJ traditionaly playing 110%-120% and Woz 80%-90% of her standards, which means Jelena >>> Caro in big finals :shrug:

Serena y Monica
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM
What a prediction! :eek: :lol:

I'd like to take credit...but when I started this thread she was up 2 and a break...

Illusionist
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:29 AM
I think she'll gain a lot of confidence, although, I'm not convinced she'll go further than QF in Miami, which isn't bad at all (considering her season until IW).

I really hope she'll continue to play like this, because she could do really well on clay this season.

Serena y Monica
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:43 AM
I think she'll gain a lot of confidence, although, I'm not convinced she'll go further than QF in Miami, which isn't bad at all (considering her season until IW).

I really hope she'll continue to play like this, because she could do really well on clay this season.

Agreed. I want to see the women engaging in real battles...and the more players that believe in themselves the better chance of seeing exciting tennis.

Midnight_Robber
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
I'd like to take credit...but when I started this thread she was up 2 and a break...

But the match wasn't written in stone at that point so you should still take credit. :)