PDA

View Full Version : What SHOULD be Wozniacki's ranking?

fantic
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Since there are plenty of 'howls' against her prospect of becoming #2..

What should BE her ranking, her 'rightful' place considering her skills?

Any insights? :lol:

kaktusino
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Around 13-14.

kman

Certinfy
10-15 :p

AcesHigh
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:04 PM
#2.

But that doesn't mean she's the second best player in the world, b/c she's not even close.

Julian.
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
#2. The computer ranking is never wrong. It's not her fault that she is ranked #2.

Chakvenus
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM
i think her ranking--like Safina's last year--cant honestly be debated, as the results cant lie. but really, imo, i believe she should be ranked between 12th and 16th based on her skill.

Bobisa
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
6-10

moby
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Unranked. Sooner or later (and I hope sooner), she'll discover her true passion in horticulture or scuba diving.
I hope for her sake that she discovers what she wants in life. I know she can grow the most beautiful orchids, really.

http://i39.tinypic.com/11just3.jpg http://www.wit.tafensw.edu.au/images/StandardImage/081013_110828305_horticulture.jpg

RND
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:10 PM
#2 for now. As much as I like her, with some others playing in their better level, she should be at about 6, which is not bad still considering she's still 19/20.

thegreendestiny
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
No. 1
I want this place to crash for good.

kman
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM
No. 1

:lol:

TennisFan66
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Some people have a very unhealthy obsession with Caroline Wozniacki.

Hey, I'll happy admit to being a big fan. I first heard her name, when she won her debut senior tournament as a wee 12/13yr old and more closely from her Wimbly girls win.

Some of the obsessed haters here on TF though really need to get their life and things in perspective. If you don't like a player. Fine. There are a lot of players I dont like, but creating hate thread after thread. Well that doesn't show neither a mentally healthy person nor a mature one.

As for ranking. ALL players deserve the ranking they have. Simples. If they don't deserve it or is purely lucky, it will all be adjusted - in the ranking - in time.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
No. 1

Then you should post here more often.

adner
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:23 PM
2. This might of course change with time, but for now she's 2.

harloo
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:24 PM
5-7;)

Noctis
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
No. 1

So would Wta :woohoo:

WOZNIACKI NUMBER 1 :haha:

rockstar
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
top 5

Acinolbaj
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM
5-10

Lacrish
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM
6-9
Caro is getting so hot that there are many threads about her these days like it's just her forum. :lol:

terjw
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
Right now I think of her at #2 as about right. I mean who else is there? Dinara, Sveta - no. Elena - well worth thinking but no. Shrieka Basharenka - definitely no. The only other player right now with her recent performances that actually challenges my perception of Caro at #2 is Venus - but I'd like to see Venus do a bit more before I'd put her #2.

People here who post that they think her ranking should be much lower again confuse peak performances with how good she is overall and once again fail to understand how infrequently most players are able to maintain their peak performance. It's no good being the best player in the world when you are on - but only able to play like that 5% of the time as has been demonstrated in the Sveta vs Caro matches recently.

Mind you, if you just consider peak performances, she's way down the order. It is going to make it tough on her to win a slam where the chances of her getting caught by a player having their once in a blue moon lights out day when they maintain their peak play for a whole match is greater.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Ranking is different than chances of winning a major.
Week in and week out, she has played a lot and has some strong results.
But she is not one of the big favorites at majors.

Uranium
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM

TennisFan66
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:04 PM
6-9
Caro is getting so hot that there are many threads about her these days like it's just her forum. :lol:

My thoughts exactly. There is a players thread for Caroline, where of course most Caroline fans talk and write. But the main boards.

Its like thread after thread from people with apparently very little in their lives. Spending hours discussing if Caroline was right/allowed to say 'I think, I am a great player ...' instead of 'I think, I am good player ...' .. No withstanding the different meanings the word 'great' can have.

Buttomline is though, Caroline is just so IT these days. Sponsors pulling in her from every direction, WTA tour management smiling all over their face with their new star and a fanbase now way outside the initially Danish/Polish area.

When 80% of the treads and talk on a global tennis forum seems to be about HER, I think its fair to say she's made an impact :)

The Witch-king
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Number 1

Monzanator
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
6-9

Topics in GM are started by the haters, who could blame them... they have to let their emptions go :p And yeah, most definitely she made an impact on the tour :lol:

terjw
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Ranking is different than chances of winning a major.
Week in and week out, she has played a lot and has some strong results.
But she is not one of the big favorites at majors.

That's true. Depending on which slam - the bookies have her 7-8 from the list of ten comprising: the sisters, the Belgians, Masha, Lena, Sveta, Dinara, Shrieka Basharenko and Caro.

tea
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
I think WTA should base the rankings on TF's weekly polls like this.

Potato
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
If the rankings were based off the skill of a player, then Wozniacki would not even be in the #2.

But the rankings are not based like that, so unfortunately, Wozniacki is #2.

Volcana
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:52 PM
What should BE her ranking, her 'rightful' place considering her skills?By ranking is, by design, a fair way to seed tournaments. It doesn't list the players in order of who's the best, and it isn't intended to.

Wozniacki's ranking is correct.

tea
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM
If the rankings were based off the skill of a player, then Wozniacki would not even be in the #2.

I hope you already invented skills-meter, so you must to present it to WTA.

Donny
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:55 PM
#2.

But that doesn't mean she's the second best player in the world, b/c she's not even close.

Troof.

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
By skills, I think around #30 is exactly right for her.

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
That's true. Depending on which slam - the bookies have her 7-8 from the list of ten comprising: the sisters, the Belgians, Masha, Lena, Sveta, Dinara, Shrieka Basharenko and Caro.
Shrieka Basharenko?

brickhousesupporter
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Her ranking is what it is. She is number 2 based on the WTA ranking system. That does not mean that she is the second best player in the world. You can think of it like this. If you life depended on her winning a match, would you feel comfortable that she would beat any of the players ranked below her.

changel
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:05 PM
top10-15

Beny
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
#2.

At the moment she is :shrug: she put it all together. Tennis, form, health...

It´s hard to say who is the second best player overall these days..achievements?

Serena is the best, second best..hard to say

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
11. If you cant beat the top 10, then you shouldn't be in the top ten.

Beny
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM

Rankings based on the skill would be a real BS. Let´s say Safarova should be No.2 despite being inconsistent, brainless etc...?

Volcana
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM
The rise of a player like Wozniacki is actually fairly predictable. Post Evert-Nav, the baseliners really took over (Novotna aside). Then Hingis came along, and showed how you could tie that baseline style in knots.
Then it turned out that you could negate Hingis-style tennis by just aiming from corner to corner and whacking the hell out of the ball. Don't give her time to be creative. And the tem 'brainless ball basher' was born. The best of the active players have diversified their games, but they all came up as baseliners, and they all hit hard. The not-quite-as-good of the active players ... all primarily hit hard, the exception being maybe Kuznetsova.

If everyone is pounding the ball, then keeping it in play and waiting for errors is going to be a successful strategy. There are a lot more Li Na's out there than Dinara Safina's. So players like Jankovic and Wozniacki flourish. Til they run into consistent big hitters.

Who meets that description?
Safina's out injured
Serena's out injured
Kuznetsova has played like crap all year
Dementieva - Her serve is such a liability
Clijsters certain has NOT been consistent, though I"m at a loss as to why
Henin has deliberately abandonned consistency
Venus ... is playing well now, but I'm not sure 'consistent' is how I'd describe her.
Azarenka? Mmmm.. maybe next year. Maybe THIS year.
In a world of Bolletieri robots, a Wozniacki is always going to succeed.

tea
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:17 PM
So funny to read "she's #2 by the rankings, but she's not second best player in the world":weirdo: As like this is her problem that those who you think are better players are not participating in many events. She's overall #2 best player, because of the consistency -- which is a great weapon as far as it's effective. All the players are different and I think you should respect Caro's way of reaching the top.

Serena y Monica
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
At the moment she is :shrug: she put it all together. Tennis, form, health...

It´s hard to say who is the second best player overall these days..achievements?

Serena is the best, second best..hard to say

It doesn't matter who is 2...She is not likely to beat any of the contenders. Kim Justine Venus Safina etc. Her game is inferior to all of theirs. I'm not saying she can't beat them. I am saying it would not be in her hands. That said give credit where it's due...she deserves that #2...she's earned it.

Gdsimmons
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM

THIS

brent-o
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
I don't think this is fair to her. I don't like her game much, but it's not like she cheated to get to that position. She got the points.

iPatty
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
More of these threads? Just like Safina's #1 ranking, Wozniacki is ranked exactly where she should be. In the past 52 weeks she has earned less rankings points than only one other girl. That accomplishment cannot be taken away from her.

Is she the second-best player in the world, skillwise? No. Was Safina the best player in the world when she was ranked #1? Of course not. But that doesn't mean they don't deserve their rankings.

M.A.S.L.
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM
#1 Sveta.

Willam
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
as much as I hate to admit it, #2.

Noctis
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:18 PM
62 42 :drool:

Nicolás89
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM
#2 :)

Nicolás89
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
62 42 :drool:

Not a ranking.

Potato
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
I hope you already invented skills-meter, so you must to present it to WTA.

Are you saying the Woz is more skilled than Mary Pierce? The ranking is not a direct translation of the ability of the player, it is their ability to stay consistent. Otherwise, Kuznetsova, Venus, and others would be above Caro.

Young 8
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
What SHOULD be Wozniacki's ranking?

not n.2

Keegan
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Whatever her ranking would be without her International tournament points bar one or two?

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 09:44 PM
venus please end up in Carolines half and Radwanska's quarter for the FO...

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
These are WTA rankings. Players who are fit and stay healthy can play a lot of matches and will get a high ranking.
These rankings are not odds you bet on them to win a major.

MK Ultra
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
8th

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think this is fair to her. I don't like her game much, but it's not like she cheated to get to that position. She got the points.

^^ THIS.

Mynarco
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
around 3-10. But as long as she won enough point to get further, I don't really care

AnomyBC
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:17 PM
Well in a perfect world, these would be the rankings:

1. Serena Williams
2. Venus Williams
3. Justine Henin
4. Kim Clijsters
5. Maria Sharapova
6. Svetlana Kuznetsova
7. Ana Ivanovic
8. Dinara Safina
9. Jelena Jankovic
10. Elena Dementieva
11. Caroline Wozniacki
12. Victoria Azarenka
13. Vera Zvonareva

But unfortunately they have this stupid rule where they base it on your results over the past year. Stupid WTA! :rolleyes:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:20 PM
I can think easily in 10 players better than Wozniacki

MaBaker
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:22 PM

Morrissey
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:36 PM
The media hype Caroline Wozniacki because she is a teenager and she is a solid player. However, Wozniacki she has NOT PROVEN she can be a champion. Wozniacki she only beat Kuznetsova to reach the US OPEN finals last year and then Clijsters blasted her off the court in straight sets. At the WTA championships Serena destroyed Wozniacki. The girl is good but she has not proven she can be a champion yet. This girl is extremely overrated and once again a big match she fails to deliver. I think Wozniacki should be 7 to 10 in the WTA rankings she definitely is not a top 5 talent.

AnomyBC
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
The media hype Caroline Wozniacki because she is a teenager and she is a solid player. However, Wozniacki she has NOT PROVEN she can be a champion. Wozniacki she only beat Kuznetsova to reach the US OPEN finals last year and then Clijsters blasted her off the court in straight sets. At the WTA championships Serena destroyed Wozniacki. The girl is good but she has not proven she can be a champion yet. This girl is extremely overrated and once again a big match she fails to deliver. I think Wozniacki should be 7 to 10 in the WTA rankings she definitely is not a top 5 talent.

Well in fairness to Caro, her US Open Final was more competitive than any of Safina's 3 GS Finals :worship:

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:35 AM
Well in a perfect world, these would be the rankings:

1. Serena Williams
2. Venus Williams
3. Justine Henin
4. Kim Clijsters
5. Maria Sharapova
6. Svetlana Kuznetsova
7. Ana Ivanovic
8. Dinara Safina
9. Jelena Jankovic
10. Elena Dementieva
11. Caroline Wozniacki
12. Victoria Azarenka
13. Vera Zvonareva

But unfortunately they have this stupid rule where they base it on your results over the past year. Stupid WTA! :rolleyes:

Exactly! Caro went out and earned the points on court, therefore she is #2.

It was pathetic last year when Serenka whined incessently about being the True #1 but couldn't earn it on court. Dinara got injured that allowed Serenka to back into #1.

The player that earns it gets the ranking. No if only's, shoulda, coulda woulda's.

Caro is #2!

austennis
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:46 AM
I think that if all players were playing their best then she would be top 8..the way things are im happy with her at no.2 at least she rarely has a bad loss

Protoss
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:05 AM
Whatever her ranking would be without her International tournament points bar one or two?
There are only 2 international tournaments in "best 16" results currently. :shrug:

Pasta-Na
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
top 20 :p

fammmmedspin
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:03 AM
When everyone who should be ranked higher than her is playing poorly, losing form randomly and can't win anything really important she deserves to be number two. Its not her fault the WTA has a part time number one and probably the weakest top 10 ever to provide her with competition for points.

delicatecutter
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:18 AM
I think she should be behind Serena, Dinara, Venus, Jeca, Vika, and Sveta. So #7 seems fair to me. :shrug:

darrinbaker00
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:24 AM
Since there are plenty of 'howls' against her prospect of becoming #2..

What should BE her ranking, her 'rightful' place considering her skills?

Any insights? :lol:
Caroline Wozniacki's "rightful" place is #2. She earned those points fair and square.

darrinbaker00
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:26 AM
Out again, eh? Good for you. :yeah:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:32 AM
Caroline Wozniacki's "rightful" place is #2. She earned those points fair and square.

And she earned her money , more important than SEWTA points

joswit
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Number 2

Jajaloo
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:37 AM
#2. The computer ranking is never wrong. It's not her fault that she is ranked #2.

Preach!

hellas719
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:46 AM
#2 ;)
I think talent-wise, around #10, but the rankings don't lie :shrug:

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:07 AM
I think the reason that people find fault with the rankings is that in the past the rankings did a much better job of reflecting who the best of the best really was. When Tracy Austin debuted in the top 5 you could actually understand why, same goes with Graf, Seles, Vicario, Davenport, Capriatti, Venus, Hingis, Serena, Justine, and Kim... but then with the likes of players threatning number one who were never in danger of ever being mistaken as the best player in the world there started be more disparity with the rankings ability to tell you who were the best players in the world at any given time.

Everyone says, "it's not the players fault" and "you are whatever the rankings say you are"- or worse yet, they say "the system is fine the way it is, the top players just need to play more", these kinds of statements may or may not be true, however you view it, it's not how it should be. I don't know the solution, but I think it's a matter that deserves more attention from the powers that be. Maybe they could bring back quality points- I still think it was mistake to stop using them. And maybe they could give you a huge bonus for defending titles as well... just need to be open to making improvements...

Uranium
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:18 AM

Tsk tsk tsk. It was wrong back in 1976 when it didn't correctly have Goolagong's rise to the #1 until 24 years afterwards they realized it.

Dana1982
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:26 AM
she should be what she is. she's ranked 2 because she was more solid in the last 52 weeks then most players. she got better results then all other tennis players but one (serena, of course). Why she deserves to be ranked lower then players like JJ or Elena who as much as I love - didn't reach a GS final like she did?

The ranking isn't about how many people like her style of game or not. It's about results. numbers. it's a fact that she earned more points then almost all other girls on tour. there for this debate is pointless. She's ranked 2 and she earned it.

Midnight_Robber
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:50 AM
Everyone says, "it's not the players fault" and "you are whatever the rankings say you are"- or worse yet, they say "the system is fine the way it is, the top players just need to play more", these kinds of statements may or may not be true, however you view it, it's not how it should be. I don't know the solution, but I think it's a matter that deserves more attention from the powers that be. Maybe they could bring back quality points- I still think it was mistake to stop using them. And maybe they could give you a huge bonus for defending titles as well... just need to be open to making improvements...

I don't know about a 'huge' bonus but defending titles should be rewarded, and quality points could also help. But despite all this it just seems that we're in a 'rankings be damned' era because of the schedule, the way the seasons are weighted towards slow hard courts etc. , the various injuries not to mention that the elite veterans are probably going to be more focused on the slams than anything at this point their careers, while the early twenties and teen brigade have yet to break through at the slams, but are also more eager to play in-between the slams. All of this is going to skew the rankings and they'll become a less important measure, if they aren't already.

To me the rankings only matter insofar as determining seedings for tournaments. That's when they actually matter. Other than that, they've become a questionable measure of talent performance, and success. Better to go by how the players are actually playing and what they're winning rather than getting hung up on the rankings.

sakya23
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
She's played 2nd best for past 52 weeks, so she should be #2. Everyone has fair shot at earning points. So ranking is what it is

Edinboro
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Well lets look at this deeper shall we.

I have no problem with Wozniacki being number 2 BUT shes never won a single Tier I title. Shes been a runner up at two, but the fact thats shes ever won one makes the number 2 ranking a little suspect for me.

Jajaloo
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
People on this forum equate being runner up to losing 1R. She was good enough to get to all of those finals.

SEWTA counts points accumulated over a rolling 52 weeks. Wozniacki has enough points for her ranking to be #2. SEWTA does not say you have to win a certain number of Premier tournaments, or Grand Slams to have a high ranking.

She's done more than the other girls on tour to get to #2. It's a slightly inflated ranking because of the number of tournaments she's played, but that's not to say she hasn't deserved it.

Beat
Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
#2.

this.

propi
Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
She's were she has to, ranking awards regularity and she excels at that as much as Safina or Jankovic did in the past ;)

Golovinjured.
Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
WTA Ranking? #2.

Her peak is NOTHING compared to the likes of Serena, Venus, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova though, and if I ranked them that way she'd be outside the TOP 15 right now.

A'DAM
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Another stupid thread.

This is no beauty contest this is Tennis, your results put you where you are in ranking!

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
They need a system to seed players at all the different tournaments.
There is no perfect way to do it. Sharapova won 3 majors, and someone has her above Caro in suggested rankings, but Maria has not beaten a top 40 player this year.
12 months is a decent amount of time.
Ivanovic is now 58. Its her last 12 months.

This is as good a system as any. They could make changes at Wimbledon, so Venus and Serena are 1 and 2. That's an ITF decision

But week in and week out, this works as good as anything for WTA tournaments

ivanban
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
So, they say points-system was bad when JJ was #1, then they change it so it could favour Grand Slam success more....

...and what we get?! :tape: player in real possibility of reaching #1 spot while not having even a Tier I title :tape:

Danii's Law
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. If you say she deserves No 2 because she reached it then you can never say anything bad about Jankovic, Ivanovic or Safina being No 1.
Personally with her skill I'd say she looks like a No 15, having said that if Stosur, can reach top 10 then maybe I should put Caroline higher.

Richie's
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
No 7

Svetlana)))
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
16-20

Caipirinha Guy
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
11-15 :)

darrinbaker00
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
And she earned her money , more important than SEWTA points
OK..... :cuckoo:

GracefulVenus
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Number 2, she earned it. Whether you like her game or not.

pt1989
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Top 10, she deserves it!

matty
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Some people have a very unhealthy obsession with Caroline Wozniacki.

Hey, I'll happy admit to being a big fan. I first heard her name, when she won her debut senior tournament as a wee 12/13yr old and more closely from her Wimbly girls win.

Some of the obsessed haters here on TF though really need to get their life and things in perspective. If you don't like a player. Fine. There are a lot of players I dont like, but creating hate thread after thread. Well that doesn't show neither a mentally healthy person nor a mature one.

As for ranking. ALL players deserve the ranking they have. Simples. If they don't deserve it or is purely lucky, it will all be adjusted - in the ranking - in time.

Umm, this isn't a "hate thread"--just some people having a conversation and posting opinions which really don't sound very hateful to me.
Some people around here are a bit sensitive.

Sander.
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Top10:hearts:

SVK
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
WHAT???:eek:

I didn´t realized she is already Nr. 2:speakles:

I thought she is around 10...I think I should watch the rankings more often not just the results from tournaments:tape:

But she should be in TOP 10:)

Andiyan
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM

Seems to suit her best in my opinion. :)

_marial_
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
#2. And Jankovic, Safina, Ivanovic deserved #1 because they had the highest amount of points gained in tournaments at that time :shrug:

KatChr
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:46 PM
I definitly think that Caro deserves to be in the top 10... But it all depends on how you view the rankings... No Caro is not the secondbest player in the world - however she is the second most consistent player on tour!

When Serena was anything else then #1 people still called her the best in the world... Its kinda the same here - just reverse!

bjurra
Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Whoever says Caro does not belong in the top 10 lacks a realistic view on womens tennis.

I say 6-8.

Navratil
Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Just because of her consistency (she took the chances she was given in New York and Indian Wells) she deserves a top 20 ranking. But nothing more than that!

bjurra
Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Number 2, she earned it. Whether you like her game or not.

Yes, from a technical point of view, she earned it.

But we all know she is not the worlds second best female tennis player. Even she knows that.

Ryan
Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Yes, from a technical point of view, she earned it.

But we all know she is not the worlds second best female tennis player. Even she knows that.

They rank players according to the points they earn over the last year. Sooo, she's #2 in points earned, which makes her the second best player over the last year. That doesn't mean she's the second-most talented, or a better player than everyone below her - just that she performed better than them, day in and day out, over 52 weeks.

Black Dog
Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
What it is, is what should be...

Damn, this is almost the name of a Led Zeppelin song.